Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sentai: The Visitors, OOC Chatter (Sign-ups currently closed~)
The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #1

WTIH A PUFF OF LOGIC, THE GREAT BENZIN APPEARS!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 953

SS team~

Sentai: The Visitors

A small robotic drone floats awkwardly through the air. It slams into a wall, spinning away with a disgruntled buzzing noise before approaching you and floating a short distance away.

“Greetings!” It buzzes, “I am 4v4n745i4, or just Avantasia for ease. *Bzzt* I will be your guide for this introduction, feel free to ask questions!” With that, the drone flies off again, narrowly avoiding the wall it hit last time. With little else to do, you follow it down the corridor…

The Plot:

Welcome to my first ever RP on GTS! Here, you will naturally take on the roles of Pokémon trainers, however… you’re not on Earth, oh no! A few years ago, Galactic attempted to fire off a rocket into space in a bid to proceed with their plans for world domination. The rocket was fired, but something went wrong and ultimately it failed. Barely a few months afterwards, a plucky young Pokémon trainer/champion in the making foiled Cyrus and his plans. What nobody knew, though, was that the rocket did in some small way succeed… it created a tiny tear in the universe, barely as big as a Luvdisc’s beak, a short distance (well okay, a few lightyears) from the surface of the planet which has steadily grown over the years. Now, scientists have discovered this tear, and they are both excited and fear about what could be beyond it. Deciding the situation needed to be investigated, a group of trainers has been gathered together to be shipped off on a mission to explore the universe beyond ‘Arceus’ Tear’ (which is what they have named the break in the universe). As one of those trainers, you must say goodbye to your old life and choose your best Pokémon wisely as you set off to go where nobody has gone before…

The Rules:

Well, you got this far, I commend you! Now onto the boring bits:
1.Naturally, all of the usual forum rules apply.
2. Your character should be aged between 16 and 20, but if you particularly want to be older/younger PM me and we’ll come to an agreement.
3. You are allowed up to –THREE- Pokémon. No more, but you can have less if you wish. Also, no legendaries or shinies, please!
4. I want to see gallade.gif in your post to show you read these!
5. Swearing is okay, just don’t go over the top. A little gore and romance is fine too but don’t overdo it.
6. If you want a particular event to happen in the RP, go ahead and PM me! I’m more than happy to have other people’s ideas carried out, but run them by me first please, just incase they don’t fit with the overall storyline. Also, don’t post a Gallade in your application; instead tell me how much you love Avantasia.
7. You may control smaller NPCs (for instance, your character’s family members or a nurse in the sick bay) however, if you would like to play the role of a larger NPC for whatever reason, PM me!
8. If you wish, you can opt to allow others to take over your character for short periods of time (for instance, if it’s required for the plot to advance or if you will be gone for a long period of time). If you’re gone for over two weeks and haven’t informed me about it, I will have to kill off your character. Sorry!
9. Have fun! Or else…!

Sign-ups are currently closed!

Accepted characters (click to show)

A simple drawing of Avantasia~ (click to show)

Map of the Star Treader! (click to show)

This post has been edited by Benzin: Feb 24 2010, 03:03 PM

--------------------
So you're a Roleplayer? Interested in some real-time, text-based roleplay? PM me for details!
Follow Suhnan for my party!

Grimly must it be Announced that your hopes will be Mauled once you realise the Encrypted message in this post.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Flynt
post Feb 12 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #2

This is why we can't have nice things...
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 657

Assassin Team

Name: Rex Vekkner
Appearance: His parents say he looks a lot like his grandfather, Tony, at his age. Rex is very pale and very thin. He stands 5'9" and weighs 119lbs. He has black hair, and hazel eyes. He wears brown jeans and sneakers, a cream shirt, which is a little too big for him, brown vest and brown gloves. He wears brown ski goggles above his eyes and has a band-aid covering a cut on his nose.
Personality: Rex is highly inquisitive, and loves to mess with machines. He is a kind person, and always loves to help out those in need. He is highly interested in old styled things, his music player is filled with songs from the Early 21st Century, and he brings a modified PSP and several games with him everywhere.
Biography: Rex was always picked on by others because of his odd obsession with the past. He always loved machines, though, and exploring. His three Pokemon have all learned to fix machines as well, and commonly aid him in repairing his most resent find. When he heard of the mission, he immediately wanted to go, seeing it as an opportunity to do the two things he loves most, fix machines, and explore. His parents originally didn't want him to go, but after a little convincing from both him and his grandfather, they reluctantly signed him up.
Extra: *Looks at Avantasia* Oh, a robot! *Tinkers* I need to make sure you don't have any major malfunctions that may make you kill us all! Like in those old movies!

Your Poké team:
Names: 1. Seth 2. Sven 3. Claire
Species: 1. Buizel 2. Smeargle 3. Sneasel
Appearance: Seth:
Extra: N/A

--------------------
Part of growing up is admitting that you can still enjoy "immature" pastimes.

- Rexsprites by RX and Sethsprite by Tun on Pokecharms.
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

SS team~

Happily accepted! I'll wait to round up a few more victi-*cough*-participants before starting the RP topic.

--------------------
So you're a Roleplayer? Interested in some real-time, text-based roleplay? PM me for details!

Grimly must it be Announced that your hopes will be Mauled once you realise the Encrypted message in this post.
+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 518

Active Squad

This looks interesting, application time!

Character:
Name: Christopher Flynn
Appearance: Chris stands at around 5'11'' and has a relatively slim build, therefore his physical strength is not exactly top class, he is quite fast however. His hair is a light brown and is relatively long for a male, around sholder length, and lies relatively straight, even when it is not brushed. His eyes are and identical shade of brown to his hair. He carries a black guitar bag with him, which also functions as a normal back back due to it's many pockets. It contains this guitar, which was a present from his parents on his sixteenth birthday, the first birthday he had spent with them since he started his journey, therefore it means the world to him.

Chris' clothing is relatively simple, around his legs you will always find a pair of blue denim jeans which fit relatively snugly, but are not exactly tight. They are supported by a black leather belt, which has a regular metallic silver buckle, which is most of the time covered by his plain white sleevless T-shirt, which used to be a normal T-shirt, but he ripped the sleeves off it, because he though it looked better. Consequently, the 'sleeves' of the vest like upper bodywear are now relatively jagged. Ontop of the sleevless shirt he wears a long sleeved, plain black zip up jacket, which he never, ever, zips up. Oh, and he wears a white pair of sneakers too.

Personality: As suggested by his appearance, and even his pokemon team, Chris has a preference for the relatively darker things in life, though he himself normally isn't that bad of a person, though first impressions often lead other people thinking otherwise. Typically he can get on with people very well, once they get past that initial boundary of talking to someone of his appearance, and doesn't really have any deep hatred of anything, just a typical all round nice guy. He copes with pressure very well, keeping calm and thinking a situation through to the best of his abilities, though sometimes this may lead to an inability to come to a quick final solution.

Biography: Chris is what you would probably call your average Pokemon Trainer, he left his home at the age of ten to begin his Journey, and he doesn’t regret it in the slightest. He has visited every other region apart from Hoenn, Sinnoh being the first as it was where it was born. After completing his first 'journey', not bothering to challenge the Pokemon League after collecting his Gym Badges, he set off to Johto where he met and befriended a young trainer as she started her 'journey', eventually heading to Kanto afterwards, though she went to Hoenn to compete in contests.

Towards the end of his Journey through Kanto, he was informed by a rather, strange source about Arceus’ Tear. He didn’t need much time to reach a decision, once the offer was made, he simply couldn’t ignore it, the chance to explore not a new region, but an entirely new world. His parents didn’t hinder him after he made his decision either, after all, Chris was becoming a man in their eyes, this had been proven by him being on his journey for almost seven years, without having to rely on his parents.

Extra: Can’t say I’m particularly fond of Avantasia, seems a bit too... erm… quirky?

Poké team:
Names: 1: Heruga 2: Avia 3: Inazuma
Species: 1: Houndoom (F) 2: Staraptor (F) 3: Luxray (M)
Appearance: Only difference is that Heruga has a cross shaped scar running down her nose.
Extra: N/A

This post has been edited by Black Fire: Feb 12 2010, 02:51 PM
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

SS team~

Accepted, welcome to the team! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Flynt
post Feb 12 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Assassin Team

Thought you said a max of 3 Pokemon?

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 09:55 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

SS team~

Oh bugger... my head's not on today. Yes, you are indeed correct Rex, maximum of three. Other than that the application is fine. *Achem* Sorry Black Fire, could you please drop two from your team?

This post has been edited by Benzin: Feb 12 2010, 09:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Sorry, guess I didn't read/forgot that, gimme a minute.

Edited it happy.gif

This post has been edited by Black Fire: Feb 12 2010, 11:23 AM
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

SS team~

Awesome, accepted. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tokyo Oranges
post Feb 12 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Don't make me go Dr.Octogonapus on you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 530

Soul Silver Team

Name: Shay Marine Brunel

Appearance: Shay is about 5'8 with a slim, athletic build and pale skin, a light dusting of freckles can be seen across the bridge of her nose. She has waist length auburn hair and light purple eyes. She can usually be seen wearing a black tank top with a denim half jacket, and dark gray capris, on her head she wears a Beret patterned like the shell of a Togepi egg.

Personality: Shay is the type of person who can go from your best friend to your worst enemy and back again in a matter of minutes. She's carefree and likes to do things her own way. She's kind and cares for others, but her short temper sometimes overrules her good intentions.

Biography:History: Shay grew up with her mom just outside of Cherrygrove City. Her dad had been out of the picture for a long time. Her mom worked two jobs to support them. She was usually only home at night but was usually exhausted.
Shay, seeing this as she grew up, wanted to help her out and when she was old enough, got a job at the Cherrygrove Pokemart when she was 14. Here she became fascinated with the lifestyle of a Pokemon trainer. She would talk with the trainers that came into the shop and especially loved meeting their Pokemon.
However, as much as she wanted to go on her own Pokemon Journey, she couldn't bring herself to ask her mom, feeling guilty for leaving her alone. One day though, her mom had asked her if she wanted to go on a journey. Shay said yes, but she explained why she felt she couldn't. Her mom told her that It would be fine and she could manage on her own. so she set off for New Bark Town to start her own journey.
She had traveled for a while exploring many regions, when she got wind of the Arceus' tear in Sonnoh. Curious, she couldn't resist and signed up to explore the alternate dimension.

Your Poké team:
Names: ((her pokemon don't have nicknames ))
Species: 1: Togekiss (M) 2: Nidoqueen 3: Espeon (M)
Appearance: Espeon has a white scarf around his neck
Extra: Oooh! Robot! cat.gif *pokes avantasia*

This post has been edited by Tokyo Oranges: Feb 12 2010, 02:24 PM

--------------------
meh Babies Neeeds Lurve cat.gif

Quizzes and things oh.gif Lookie! (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

SS team~

Accepted! Welcome aboard. 83

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tokyo Oranges
post Feb 12 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #12

Don't make me go Dr.Octogonapus on you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 530

Soul Silver Team

Thanks cat.gif Can't wait to get started ^_^.gif

--------------------
meh Babies Neeeds Lurve cat.gif

Quizzes and things oh.gif Lookie! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Hey there happy.gif two things I wanted to ask/say:

1. When do we start? Just asking by the way, sorry if I'm being pushy... T.T

2. I edited my profile a little, and added this.

He carries a black guitar bag with him, which also functions as a normal back back due to it's many pockets. It contains this guitar, which was a present from his parents on his sixteenth birthday, the first birthday he had spent with them since he started his journey, therefore it means the world to him.

I hope that's allright ^^

This post has been edited by Black Fire: Feb 12 2010, 02:56 PM
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

SS team~

We'll start once we get a couple more peeps, or failing that, probably late Sunday/Monday at the latest. As for the edit, sure thing! I'll edit the list of accepted characters. ^^ Feel free to ask questions! I don't bite... *mutter*unlessI'mhungryforblood~

This post has been edited by Benzin: Feb 12 2010, 02:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Awesome, what timezone is it for everyone here by the way? For me it is 19:58 (and it's Friday) as of this post. I'm asking cause I know timezones can be an ass...
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

SS team~

Well, other than the posting difference (it's 20:05PM on Friday for me at the moment) we have the same timezone. UK, no? ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Flynt
post Feb 12 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Assassin Team

North American East Standard Time here, as of this post, it is 3:16pm, Friday

This post has been edited by Rex the Buizel: Feb 12 2010, 03:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah we're both in the UK, *internet hi five!*

Bet you my hair's longer though...

This post has been edited by Black Fire: Feb 12 2010, 03:48 PM
+Quote Post

The Great Benzin
post Feb 12 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

SS team~

That sounds like a challenge! >83 Long-haired metal-loving Brits ftw?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Feb 12 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Seriously!?!?!? Holy crap.. there are others like me... *cries*

Lol, seriously though, yeah, Long-haired metal-loving Brits ftw \m/
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.