Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sex Education
P o r y g o n
post Sep 21 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #61

Platypus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 195

Active Squad

I attended a Catholic school up until High school.
So all they taught was 'no sex'.
Apparently preventing sperm from reaching an egg is killing a baby, how that even makes sense I still don't know.
Anyways that's a whole different topic.

I had a friend who at age 12 started having sex, and due to the lack of Sex Ed she had no idea what was going on.
First of all she thought if she urinated it would flush out the semen. I had to inform her that those are two very different holes.
She also had no idea what types of birth control there were other than a condom, again soemthing she did not have to use.
Almost all my friends from that school are now pregnant teen moms.

In my current, public, high school we learn sex ed.
I've yet to asee a pregnant girl.

People are having sex younger and younger lately, whether or not sex ed influences it is irrelevant.
They're going to do it, they need to know how it works and how to do it safely.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zack777
post Sep 23 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 002

Pearl shiny party

I agree with the implementation of sex-ed... becuase now the kids have "the massive library of (almost) all" (AKA "Internet"), even if they aren't searching for this, they will found it as advertising...
One Time I was searching for NDS games ROMs in different pages... and, in almost all had things like "kamasutra, light up the fire...", and things like that...while searching for NDS ROMs!

(incredibly) my school starts teaching sex education at 6th under the name of "health education"...they make jokes about it, in a serius way(I don't how) but everyone learns by "the good way": there are "no sex" "ABSTINENSE!,ABSTINENSE!", instead they say: you have 4 options:Don't remember the 1ş one), (if you are planning a child)trust your couple and plan carefully with your couple, (both)use protection, abstinence.
The only oxception was A 10th grader, which had an unplanned baby. (in 10 years I'm in school)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(Zelda Girl @ Jun 13 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Haven't had sex-ed yet but my mom says:"Don't get pregnet until you're ready"If i have a baby at 18 my mom is going to kick me out of the house.

WOw........my mom says if I have a baby I have to support the baby(no one of my family), I can stay home 'cause my mom doesn't wants to be involved with the already high uninstructed kids rate
She'll kick me out if I: do drugs, I'm drunk, smoke, go to jail,etc.,etc.,etc

--------------------

+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 2 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #63

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

i know everything about intercourse all kids these days do why do we need this class even boys know where babys come from at age 8

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

zzz
post Jan 8 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #64

Shh, no tears. Only dreams now.
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 649

I'm cooler than you.

QUOTE(rileyup @ Jan 2 2011, 08:34 AM) *
i know everything about intercourse all kids these days do why do we need this class even boys know where babys come from at age 8

Not true. Sex Ed is still important for other things than just "Where babies come from", it's also about how to prevent STDs and other things. and i didn't know where they came from till i was 10

I have had Sex Ed classes for the past couple years, and I am for the idea of having these classes.

--------------------
I'm special! (click to show)

Katy hates me.
What a bitch.
Ms. Bitch to me.

Jesus loves you!
But the rest of us think you're an asshole.

DAE nope spiders
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 8 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #65

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

it should be only for std prevention not how to do it because many kids know how to and become pregnent

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

PikaDiety
post Jan 8 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 309

Active Squad

Well, STD protection is important, but it shouldn't just be showing what STDs you can get, cause that's just plain old scare tactics. They need to actually talk about condoms, both male and female, and tell how to put them on. When the sex ed week came in my health class, they actually taught us how to do that, because a lot of people don't know how to actually put on a condom. And of course they don't show you how to have sex, that would be stupid.xD They tell you how to have safe sex and that was about it. Well, they also told us a little about sex toys, but that was only to keep someone from doing something stupid, or using something stupid. (Their example being vegetables.>.>) But I thought that was helpful cause I can see someone using something stupid like that and it...not ending well.xD
+Quote Post

Sovereign
post Jan 9 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 27 455

;dream team;

Teach it everywhere. No if's, but's, or coconuts! noes.gif

Seriously, though. Teens are having sex. All kinds of sex. Teach them how to protect themselves so they don't get STDs/pregnant and things would be much better.

It will be a good day when all the old cranky people die and our generation can start impacting laws. grin.gif

--------------------

icons by me <3
+Quote Post

Acacia21
post Jun 2 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #68

Eevee is cuh-yute
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 927

Phi Phi

I think it's okay to be teaching it. Like, you've gotta know how to make a child when you get older. As long as students don't do it, it's fine. Throughout the years when learning it, we've even been told teens shouldn't get pregnant. So I think it's okay to learn it.

--------------------
My party!

Shinies (click to show)

Azurill sprite made by AkuseruChan

+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Jun 9 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #69

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

QUOTE(rileyup @ Jan 8 2011, 12:33 PM) *
it should be only for std prevention not how to do it because many kids know how to and become pregnent

Sex education in schools does not tell you how to have sex. It teaches you how to use condoms and other forms of birth control and also what types of stds there are, their treatments, symptoms and how to avoid getting them. Sex education is needed. Either the parents teach it or the schools have to teach it.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Beedrill
post Jun 10 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #70

Squawk! Squawk!
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 460

Current AS Team

I think it's very important to have this class. Even if kids still go out and have sex, at least they'll know what they're doing. At least the know how to prevent STDs and such. At least they know the ups and downs of it. I think just as long as they are actually prepared, what they do is up to them. I personally don't approve of it at a young age, but I digress....

I was the kind of kid where if I saw something on TV and it was "questionable," I kinda stored it in my head until I saw something else pertaining to it. And eventually I pieced together the info and thought I knew enough about sex. And I'm sure there are kids out there that think that. "Oh, I know enough, you know, and now I can go do it with someone that I feel really close to. yayyy." It doesn't matter what they watch/read/hear/etc., I totally think they should take a class on it. It'll allow them to confirm what they thought, but also it'll bring up some other things that are still a little foggy to them. What kind of school wants all these pregnant girls? All these diseases going around? The least they could do is teach them on how to do it safely and what to look out for.
Another thing is, it's kinda common for people to be taken advantage of. Let's say, a young girl and an older guy. That young girl has nooooo idea about anything, but the guy has done it before, makes sexual jokes, watches adult shows, etc. He can totally take advantage of that girl, and she's not going to know what the hell is going on. And it can even be the other way around! That's a problem! Taking a class like that will prepare anyone who doesn't know about it, so they can stay safe and know what's up. That's my two-cents on it. :D

--------------------
hello. . .
+Quote Post

kenneth1221
post Jun 30 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 427

Active Squad

There should be sex ed in school. Of course, this is coming from a 7th Grader who knows too much about everything, and is prone to arguments about lots of things. And there will be people who will ignore the class's teachings, but you can't do anything about that. However, there will be loads of teen pregnancies without this class to tell kids how to prevent them, and they may ruin their lives. If they use twisted logic, they will assume 'religion' ruined their lives if they weren't taught about sex ed because some religious parents refused to allow the class taught. (It's that sort of argument that gets me in trouble)

There will be loads of pregnancies without a detailed class on prevention.

Of course, this could get redundant as a class when you can just type in 'teen sex education' on google. But some people absorb better if it's in person.

Overall, it's best if this class is taught and kept.

All innuendo in this post is completely accidental and subconsciously inserted. Freud may have been right if you find any.

--------------------
VDex:

GPX+

My party here
because I am a supporter of the Department of Redundancy Department.
+Quote Post

Skins T
post Jul 1 2011, 04:09 AM
Post #72

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

Sex ed should be mandatory in all schools. PROPER sex ed, not this abstinence only rubbish.

I had a right go at one of my managers about this. We were discussing abortion, and he said "well if everyone closed their legs--"

He didn't even finish his sentence before I snarled "Oh GET REAL."

Because people DO need to get real. Abstinence never works. It just makes kids want to have sex MORE.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

HidanandKakuzusL...
post Jul 23 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 773

Active Squad

My school doesn't teach us anything about sex until 9th grade by that time most of the kids in my school either had sex or are pregnant. They should have told most of the kids sooner. As much as I want to have sex I chose not to plus my parents would kill me. But my school is really stupid when it comes to the kids at my school. I do believe all schools should teach sex ed. Also i'm 14.

This post has been edited by FlippyBear: Jul 23 2011, 06:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 25 2011, 04:11 AM
Post #74

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

I stand by what I said earlier. 19 years old and still holding on to the 'v' card. No worries of "I missed my period" phone calls or "Why does my piss burn..." freak outs. I only got that way, though, because I was told of everything early on and was able to figure that I'd rather masturbate not risk babies and diseases. That and my parents had the best parenting style. "Old enough to be having sex, old enough to take care of the consequences like an adult...alone." Not to say they wouldn't help, they just wouldn't sit there and feel sorry for me, or take most of the responsibility for the kid.

QUOTE(Skins T @ Jul 1 2011, 04:09 AM) *
Sex ed should be mandatory in all schools. PROPER sex ed, not this abstinence only rubbish.

I had a right go at one of my managers about this. We were discussing abortion, and he said "well if everyone closed their legs--"

He didn't even finish his sentence before I snarled "Oh GET REAL."

Because people DO need to get real. Abstinence never works. It just makes kids want to have sex MORE.

No offense, but that made you sound like a massive jerk. Abstinence does work if you know how to control your urges in the meantime. Besides, it was never meant to control your sex drive. The point of abstinence is no sex = no babies.

So technically, he's right.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Hatake Kakashi
post Aug 8 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #75

I love Kakashi!
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 95 328

Active Squad

I think it should be in schools. Even though some immature idiots laugh and giggle.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PawsrentOrigin
post Sep 14 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #76

Seasons Greetings!
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 421

Active Squad

Children (like myself) should learn about sex. In fifth grade, they gave us a one hour introduction to puberty, in sixth grade, an indepth puberty class, and last year, a three-week course on all of SEX. We watched a baby being born, and fortunatly, all other pictures of genetallia were just drawings. I mean, without sex ed, how are they supposed to learn it? It would be totally weird and awkward if your parents told you everything in a sex ed class.
"Alright, Billy, this is a picture of a penis. We couldn't find anyone willing to show us theirs, so I just took a picture of you father. Same thing with the vagina. And this is the tampon I used last week, just in case you end up gay. Now, I just stick it in here and then..."
SEE?! It gets pretty weird! And without that, this is what could happen:
"I love you George"
"I love you Samantha"
"Let's go all the way."
"Alright. Wait, where do I put it? Here? Or maybe here?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe in my armpit?"
"Alright, I'll try that...No...No. It's not working."
"The mood is gone for me now."
"Me too. I'll see you around the house later. Say hi to mom for me."
IT GOT EVEN WEIRDER!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Sep 16 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #77

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(PawsrentOrigin @ Sep 14 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Children (like myself) should learn about sex. In fifth grade, they gave us a one hour introduction to puberty, in sixth grade, an indepth puberty class, and last year, a three-week course on all of SEX. We watched a baby being born, and fortunatly, all other pictures of genetallia were just drawings. I mean, without sex ed, how are they supposed to learn it? It would be totally weird and awkward if your parents told you everything in a sex ed class.
"Alright, Billy, this is a picture of a penis. We couldn't find anyone willing to show us theirs, so I just took a picture of you father. Same thing with the vagina. And this is the tampon I used last week, just in case you end up gay. Now, I just stick it in here and then..."
SEE?! It gets pretty weird! And without that, this is what could happen:
"I love you George"
"I love you Samantha"
"Let's go all the way."
"Alright. Wait, where do I put it? Here? Or maybe here?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe in my armpit?"
"Alright, I'll try that...No...No. It's not working."
"The mood is gone for me now."
"Me too. I'll see you around the house later. Say hi to mom for me."
IT GOT EVEN WEIRDER!!!

While I agree that sex education should be in schools, you'd have to be amish to go through that much of your life without learning about it. Any kid within 10 miles of an internet connection is going to figure out what sex is. Hell, it's how I figured out what it was.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

Skins T
post Sep 17 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #78

Group Icon

Favourite Pokemon

QUOTE(Reyo @ Jul 25 2011, 07:11 PM) *
No offense, but that made you sound like a massive jerk. Abstinence does work if you know how to control your urges in the meantime. Besides, it was never meant to control your sex drive. The point of abstinence is no sex = no babies.

None taken, and no, it doesn't. Telling teens or kids to 'control their urges' is akin to telling children not to eat sweets. They're going to do it and when you're in the situation, hormones are NOT easy to control.

So no, he wasn't right. Abstinence DOES NOT WORK. It has been proven time and time and time again that it doesn't work, just as much as it's been proven that telling people to 'control their urges' doesn't work either.

So while I might sound like a massive jerk, I'd rather be a massive jerk and be educated on how stupid abstinence only education is rather than play along with outdated education driven by prude dictators who live in their mother's basements.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Sep 18 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Skins T @ Sep 17 2011, 01:45 AM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Jul 25 2011, 07:11 PM) *

None taken, and no, it doesn't. Telling teens or kids to 'control their urges' is akin to telling children not to eat sweets. They're going to do it and when you're in the situation, hormones are NOT easy to control.

Then explain me. Halfway through 19 and still holding on to my 'v' card. You saying that to me is tantamount to a morbidly obese person...well...telling ME that it's "oh so difficult" to lose weight. Hormones are not that difficult to control, you just need a respectable amount of self control.

So no, he wasn't right. Abstinence DOES NOT WORK. It has been proven time and time and time again that it doesn't work, just as much as it's been proven that telling people to 'control their urges' doesn't work either.

Do you understand the premise behind abstinence? The whole point of it is controlling yourself enough NOT to have sex in order to avoid getting someone pregnant, or catching a disease. The only way it wouldn't work is if someone was LITERALLY taken over by their own body and then forced to have sex as they helplessly watched as they were raped by their own body with someone else's body. That's an extreme case, but it still stands that the second you make the choice to have sex, you are no longer abstaining. At that point in time, there is 0 abstinence. Then after the deed, it might as well be said that the individual never abstained at all. At the exact moment you have sex on your wedding night, you can say that you abstained, and I know of several people who can say that.

Also, there's no such thing as "it has been proven time and time again" because...well first off, how do you know? Are YOU an example? Did you hold a scientific study in which a random, yet large groups of students were given a survey? Did you have them volunteer for a live study where x group of virgins were closely monitored after taking an abstinence pledge? Has it been done already? And secondly, how do you explain me? Am I an outlier? I shouldn't be ignored because I don't fit the 99.7% that's supposed to fit within 3 standard deviations of the mean (or 89% given an irregular histogram)? I can infer that way more than .3% of the population has control over their urges.

Lastly, what justification is that for displaying your knowledge in public (in a less than clever manner I might say) at someone else's expense?

So while I might sound like a massive jerk, I'd rather be a massive jerk and be educated on how stupid abstinence only education is rather than play along with outdated education driven by prude dictators who live in their mother's basements.

What education!

I have the sneaking suspicion that you, and you alone went through an experience of sex, regretted it, and then decided to put all of the blame on your teachers for teaching abstinence instead of god knows what would have kept you from having sex. If such is the case, then I'm sorry, but THEY are not to blame for your weak self control. If someone like ME can keep their penis in check, it's obviously possible.

I'm sorry if I ranted a bit and sound like a dick, but this strikes a nerve with me, given how easy it is for high school kids to ream someone for choosing to wait until marriage.

EDIT: reviewed, it sounded too angry

This post has been edited by Reyo: Sep 18 2011, 04:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Skins T
post Sep 30 2011, 02:56 AM
Post #80

Group Icon

Favourite Pokemon

Then explain me. Halfway through 19 and still holding on to my 'v' card. You saying that to me is tantamount to a morbidly obese person...well...telling ME that it's "oh so difficult" to lose weight. Hormones are not that difficult to control, you just need a respectable amount of self control.

Just because you're a virgin doesn't make you better at self control than someone who isn't.

You've never had sex before, so how can you say that they're so easy to control? Have you been in a situation where you could've had sex but chose not to?

Not everyone is you, has your beliefs, your morals, or your feelings towards sex. Don't judge people, please, for doing it by saying they have no self control because they chose to do the deed. For some people, it isn't so easy to control those urges, and a majority of the time it's nothing to do with weakness.

(Also, your obese reference - some people are obese because of genetic reasons, so for them, it IS extremely hard for them to loose weight, just an fyi)

Do you understand the premise behind abstinence? The whole point of it is controlling yourself enough NOT to have sex in order to avoid getting someone pregnant, or catching a disease.

Not true. There are many reasons people choose to obstinate, including those reasons, religious reasons, sexual preference reasons, sexuality reasons... ect ect.

At the exact moment you have sex on your wedding night, you can say that you abstained, and I know of several people who can say that.

So are you saying that people are only abstinent if they have waited until marriage? :/

Also, there's no such thing as "it has been proven time and time again" because...well first off, how do you know? Are YOU an example? Did you hold a scientific study in which a random, yet large groups of students were given a survey? Did you have them volunteer for a live study where x group of virgins were closely monitored after taking an abstinence pledge? Has it been done already? And secondly, how do you explain me? Am I an outlier? I shouldn't be ignored because I don't fit the 99.7% that's supposed to fit within 3 standard deviations of the mean (or 89% given an irregular histogram)? I can infer that way more than .3% of the population has control over their urges.

Go to any school that teaches abstinence only education if you don't believe survey statistics, and tell me how many of them are pregnant, or have left due to pregnancy, or in the case of the men, have left to help pay for their babies by taking jobs.

Lastly, what justification is that for displaying your knowledge in public (in a less than clever manner I might say) at someone else's expense?

Meaning what exactly? That I'm not allowed to disagree with someone's point of view based on my own knowledge?

What education!

I have the sneaking suspicion that you, and you alone went through an experience of sex, regretted it, and then decided to put all of the blame on your teachers for teaching abstinence instead of god knows what would have kept you from having sex. If such is the case, then I'm sorry, but THEY are not to blame for your weak self control. If someone like ME can keep their penis in check, it's obviously possible.

*cracks up*

I'm a virgin, idiot, and it has absolutely nothing to do with abstinence. I simply didn't find someone I liked enough to do the deed with.

My sexual education was second to none, also. I was taught from age 10 up until 18 about sexual education, every year, at a CATHOLIC high school, and not ONCE did I hear a whisper of 'abstinence only'. It was only mentioned as another option, of which the teacher laughed at, along with the class, whenever mentioned. So if they can teach it, and teach it well, then every school should be able to.

I'm sorry if I ranted a bit and sound like a dick, but this strikes a nerve with me, given how easy it is for high school kids to ream someone for choosing to wait until marriage.

People have sex for all a manner of reasons. Just as it is a personal choice to wait until marriage, it is also a personal choice to not wait as well, and it shouldn't be shameful to do so no matter what you choose. I have friends who have chosen to wait until marriage for a variety of reasons, some religious orientated, some fear orientated, or some simply because that is how they feel. I wouldn't rib someone for their choice on that.

On that note however, you seem to come across as someone who has it in for people who don't choose to wait, for whatever reasons they had. I suspect bullying, but I'll abstain from guessing further. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Skins T: Sep 30 2011, 03:06 AM

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:25 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.