Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to the Battle Subway [Added in the formula to work out stats], Please make sure you read everything you want to know thoroughly!
Doom Hunter
post Jun 8 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #61

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

For a base team, that's actually not terrible, but here's a few things to consider:

Stat boosting moves are often a good idea. For example, on that soon-to-be Raichu, if its attack is clearly the better move, why not replace thundershock with Swords Dance? Same for Leafeon, and Nasty Plot for Glaceon...you get the idea. Vaporeon could become a tank if you give it defensive stat boosting moves too.

Sometimes Recover isn't as good a move as it seems. If you're facing a strong opponent, recover may actually be useless as the opponent uses an attack that deals more than 40% damage. Recover and Rest are usually best left to tanks, so Vaporeon might be better off with one of those moves.

Three: Your team is all single type Pokemon. While this means you get the bonus of having all the strong moves at your disposal, it also means you have NO variety. I would suggest reworking the team to carry at least a couple dual type Pokemon, so that way your options remain open. For example, you could replace Vaporeon with Gyarados, if you so choose.

That's just my take. You can take all or none of my advice. When it comes down to it, pick the team that's right for you!

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rubia
post Jun 9 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 187 574

Eevee

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jun 8 2014, 01:11 PM) *
For a base team, that's actually not terrible, but here's a few things to consider:

Stat boosting moves are often a good idea. For example, on that soon-to-be Raichu, if its attack is clearly the better move, why not replace thundershock with Swords Dance? Same for Leafeon, and Nasty Plot for Glaceon...you get the idea. Vaporeon could become a tank if you give it defensive stat boosting moves too.

Sometimes Recover isn't as good a move as it seems. If you're facing a strong opponent, recover may actually be useless as the opponent uses an attack that deals more than 40% damage. Recover and Rest are usually best left to tanks, so Vaporeon might be better off with one of those moves.

Three: Your team is all single type Pokemon. While this means you get the bonus of having all the strong moves at your disposal, it also means you have NO variety. I would suggest reworking the team to carry at least a couple dual type Pokemon, so that way your options remain open. For example, you could replace Vaporeon with Gyarados, if you so choose.

That's just my take. You can take all or none of my advice. When it comes down to it, pick the team that's right for you!

I do very much appreciate your advice. I've battled with this team a bit now and am already seeing where all of your advice can come in handy. I actually found a higher IV pichu in the safari zone and have leveled it up to a level 100 richu. I'm also going to add in 2 dual type pokemon, one will be a very strong Masquerain and I'm still deciding on the other.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jun 9 2014, 01:46 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Keep in mind typing though....Masquerain's base stats aren't all that great, (actually, that's a Pokemon I think I've seen only twice in the Subway), plus its typing leaves it weak to a lot. I would suggest looking at the Pokedex and searching for pokemon with a base stat above 130 to 140 in the stat you're concerned with, and pick one that looks like it could fit into your team. That's how I added Flaming Zoroark as one of my teammates.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Rubia
post Jun 9 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #64

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 187 574

Eevee

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jun 9 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Keep in mind typing though....Masquerain's base stats aren't all that great, (actually, that's a Pokemon I think I've seen only twice in the Subway), plus its typing leaves it weak to a lot. I would suggest looking at the Pokedex and searching for pokemon with a base stat above 130 to 140 in the stat you're concerned with, and pick one that looks like it could fit into your team. That's how I added Flaming Zoroark as one of my teammates.

Ok, thanks again. I think I might re-build my team up from scratch, taking in all of your advice. Would you mind if I messaged you if I have any questions?

This post has been edited by Rubia: Jun 9 2014, 08:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jun 9 2014, 08:34 PM
Post #65

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

You wouldn't have been the first, Rubia. I'd be absolutely happy to help. happy.gif

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Apr 4 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #66

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Locked at owner's request. happy.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:46 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.