Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
What idea should we go with?, It's now up to the users.
Which idea would you prefer to see?
Choose one of the following ideas, see the post for info
Auto-abandonment [ 637 ]  [18.96%]
Very Rare/Novelty Restrictions [ 2521 ]  [75.05%]
I don't care [ 201 ]  [5.98%]
Total Votes: 3375

Zerxer
post Oct 5 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Alright, there seems to be a lot of hating on both sides. Users who are going crazy over the announcement of the latest update that is supposed to be implemented on the 7th, and users who like the idea and are going crazy that others are going crazy.

We want to actually be fair about this, so we decided to just make it YOUR decision.

Auto-abandonment: Pretty much this idea. If your egg does not hatch before its date to expire, it will be sent to the shelter. Date to expire is based on the egg's maximum required maturity, and can be delayed further as you go through its cracked stages, and possibility other methods.

Very Rare/Novelty Restrictions: This is the substitute idea. With this, a new filter will be put into the Event script that states users who already have "X" amount of very rare/novelty eggs in their party will not qualify. Also, if you have "X" amount of very rare/novelty eggs still in your Party, you will not be able to see any very rare/novelty eggs -or- Pokémon in the Lab and Shelter. This will also prevent more hoarding. X is yet to be determined.

EDIT: I need to clarify this second idea a little more. What this means is that you will only be allowed to have X legendary eggs in your party. If you already have X amount, you cannot get another UNTIL you hatch at least one. It in no way restricts the number that you can actually hatch. It basically means that if you have a certain amount of legendary eggs still, you should let others have a chance at some until you get your current ones hatched. It's in no way unfair to anyone.

I don't care: Not a very useful choice but if you don't care either way, just choose this.

Because of this poll, the update for the 7th is being canceled. Depending on the outcome of this poll, the chosen update will take place on Sunday. That means this poll will run until 11:59 PM on Saturday, which is the 10th.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Zerxer
post Oct 16 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

This update (option 2) will go into effect on Saturday.

To anyone who is still misunderstanding the restriction, it will not prevent you from collecting as many very rare/novelty as you want and it will not lower your chances at all; it will simply make it so you can only have X amount (X still undecided) of those types of EGGS in your PARTY. To get more, hatch one. Your Daycare eggs will not count towards this limit.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 18 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

The update was implemented 23 hours ago, and the "X" is 3. So if you already have 3 (or more, since you could have had some from before the update) eggs in your Party that are of the rarity Novelty or Very Rare, then you will not be able to see any in the Lab/Shelter and cannot get any in an event if one is held. Once you hatch at least one of the eggs (so you have 2 or less of those types in your Party), you can get another again.

This does not include the Little Man or Tiny Egg methods (meaning you can still obtain a Manaphy/MissingNo. this way if you're already at the limit, but they DO count towards your limit) and it DOES NOT count eggs you obtained from your own Daycare.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:02 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.