Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question about Daycare and Novelties
Professor Benchp...
post Aug 13 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 91 666

Silver Version party

So from what I've read, "The two Pokémon are not interested in each other in the slightest" is reserved for pairs that aren't compatible. If that's the case, what would cause that to show for two Dark Ekans of opposite genders in the Daycare? It also showed it for Male Dark Ekans and Female Ekans, but Male Ekans and Female Dark Ekans got the "like each other a lot" message. What? How is it that they just straight up weren't compatible, rather than just not liking each other?

--------------------
RAWR, I'M PROFESSOR BENCHPRESS! INTERACT WITH MY POKÉMON OR I'LL INTERACT MY FIST WITH YOUR FACE!!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 13 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #2

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

Well, this should be in the help section, but I imagine the incompatible Ekans share a common ancestor.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Professor Benchp...
post Aug 16 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 91 666

Silver Version party

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Aug 13 2017, 08:52 PM) *
Well, this should be in the help section, but I imagine the incompatible Ekans share a common ancestor.

Ah, that makes sense. I'd understand the two Dark Ekans having shared lineage but I'd be surprised if the regular Ekans was in that lineage too, honestly.

--------------------
RAWR, I'M PROFESSOR BENCHPRESS! INTERACT WITH MY POKÉMON OR I'LL INTERACT MY FIST WITH YOUR FACE!!

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Aug 16 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

It's also possible their levels are too far apart. IIRC, such pairs are treated as incompatible (and have the message you saw) until they're leveled up to be closer to each other. The rule of thumb I see often talked about on the forums is within roughly 10 levels of each other, but I doubt this is an exact calculation.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:26 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.