Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dream Eater or Nightmare?, Which is the Better Move?
Dream Eater or Nightmare?
Which is a better move for Darkrai?
Dream Eater [ 6 ]  [66.67%]
Nightmare [ 3 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 

Red Canidae
post Jul 25 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Casual Pokemon Fangirl
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 69 693

Current SS Party

Darkrai is one of my favourite legendaries. I really like the whole concept that he messes with dreams/nightmares. Anyways, I was looking over the moves he can use(right now he knows Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, and Nightmare) but I wondered if maybe Dream Eater is a more effective move, seeing as it does damage right away and heals part of his HP. I'm not really into stats and all, so I don't really have a clue which is better.

Thoughts?

(By the way, I'm only gonna have this poll up for a few hours)

This post has been edited by Red Canidae: Jul 25 2011, 01:06 PM

--------------------
I can offer you any Pokemon from any generation, shiny or not, on Black and White. PM me for details.

Vulpix=CLAIMED <3
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tatsuya156
post Jul 25 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #2

I´m probably bored right now...
Group Icon

Member No.: 138 729

A few favorites...

Darkrai... not really one of my favorites, but that is not the talking point here. So lets see...

Dream Eater can heal yourself, which is a huge advantage. With that you can heal yourself even is situation where you can´t use items, battle tower, battle subway, internet battles. (Yeah, I know, you can´t use Darkrai in the first two anyway) And Dream Eater has power 100, so it is even quite strong.

Okay, now about nightmare. Nightmare makes always one quarter of the maximum hp damage, that means it will defeat the opponent in four turns. And Nightmare is a status ailment, so you can use other attacks as well and make more damage.

So, I would say. Dream eater is for ther more carefull people, and Nightmare for the one who wants to defeat the opponent as fast as possible.

I would go with Dream Eater anyway, because of the heal.

--------------------

Member of (click to show)
+Quote Post

Red Canidae
post Jul 25 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Casual Pokemon Fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 693

Current SS Party

Aha, yeah, I think I will go with Dream Eater. Plus he already has a Ghost-Type and Dark-Type move, so I may as well throw in a Psychic(which will help for the 2nd Elite Four Round)

--------------------
I can offer you any Pokemon from any generation, shiny or not, on Black and White. PM me for details.

Vulpix=CLAIMED <3
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 26 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #4

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

With a Gengar alone who knows Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psychic, and Night Shade, I can rape any of the champions from any of the generations.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jul 26 2011, 04:53 AM
Post #5

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dream Eater

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth
post Jul 26 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #6

Even if I can't see the future, I'll keep walking.
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 202

GHOSTIES

Dream Eater is one of my favorite moves, and it's probably the number-one reason Gengar is one of my favorite pokémon. I don't usually use legends like Darkrai, but it seems like a better (and slightly less cheap) move than Nightmare.

Although, what's really fun is using them both. :3 You can only really do that when you don't have a four-move limit (such as in roleplays and anime-style battling leagues), though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:50 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.