Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
RP Grading
Rating 5 V
Bronze Charizard
post Aug 8 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #101

Dragons rule. Admit it...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 205

Hot Springs Gym

Between a Stone and a Hard Place

Summary from OOC Topic
Shortly after the arrival of three newcomers, a shipment of evolution stones is stolen. The situation quickly turns ugly when the thieves are found to have more tricks up their sleeve than they seemed to at first. Are the three youngsters in over their heads? Find out in PANE: Between A Stone And A Hard Place!

Characters
Kazill
Zach
Lizzie

--------------------

Refresh to see another one of my favorites! I currently have 7 out of 17 types drawn...

RP Characters | Deviant Art
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 9 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #102

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Stone Cold: Review of “Between a Stone and a Hard Place”

This RP was a bit rushed. I was hoping for more interaction between the main characters. Since Kazill and Zach were more social than Lizzie, they may have been able to coax her out of her shell. However, the story went straight for the action with no breaks for the characters to get to know each other. Next time, try pacing yourselves and savor the story.

Posts could have been longer as well. Include more detail next time. You could also team up with other RPers to make posts via PM/IM for bigger posts and more fluid conversation. Just don’t forget to include a bunny warning wink.gif.

With that: the grades.

Kazill Ventile- Ruby Charizard (click to show)

Zach Schimdt- Pinsir (click to show)

Lizzie Verillo- Dragava (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 13 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #103

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

A review of Airy Arasam:

I apologize for how long it took for me to get to this. I was lucky enough to have been able to read this as it was posted, and even then my free time is cramped.

Still, I enjoyed this. The contest was fun and the joy ride with Troy (Troy-ride?) was hilarious. I liked the karaoke, and it was a good touch to have links to the songs that were sung happy.gif

However, if I have one complaint, it's that the gym battle was not very long, especially in comparison to the contests. I am not docking points for this, but we see or gym leaders so seldom: I would like to see fights worthy of their status.

Due to short time, I will be sparse with my comments. My apologies.

Pan Gibbs: 15/15 (click to show)

Douken Sota: 15/15 (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Aug 27 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #104

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Lockdown is finished up and ready for review.

Synopsis
Originally meant to deal with a 'terrorist' hostage situation in the Petropolis Pokemon center, the RP evolved into a 3-stage storyline, with the tournament at the Happy Happy Department Store, wherein Tag faced Justin once again in mortal combat, and Andrew Harding was introduced to the world of PANE.

The next step was at the pokemon center, where, coincidentally, Tag, Andrew and Justin (as well as Justin's new friends) all found themselves. Out of seemingly nowhere, a group calling themselves "The Sons of Lenoilia" appear, and take over the Pokemon Center, staging a protest over Petropolis' pollution and eventual destruction of their home, Lenoilia. Instead of being held captive, the three stage a little revolt, with Justin taking the brunt of the battle.

The last leg of this rp highlights Tag's gym challenge at the Petropolis Gym, where after a fierce battle, he overcomes the leader Vega.

Dramatis Personae:
Taggarty Lee
Justin Smart
Andrew Harding

Also Featuring:
Jill, Alec, Kerry and James
Sons of Lenoilia
Vega
Pistol Jones
Annabel Yu

Thank you!

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 29 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #105

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Smart-Lee” Done: Review of “Lockdown”

Overall, I liked the budding friendship between Justin and Tag. It’ll be interesting to see how this relationship grows as they find out more about each other. I’ll keep comments brief so I can get this out ASAP.

Kamaitachi- Taggarty Lee (click to show)

Yzarc Drowsnam- Justin Smart (click to show)

Martial- Andrew Harding (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ice Jet
post Sep 3 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #106

Radda Radda Radda?
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 477

It's so PANEful..

Boat Rockers is *finally finished!

Summary:

Ivan, Alex, Twila, and James are heading out to Port Barley, riding on S.S. Lady to Furoh. Instead of a relaxing cruise, a pickpocket is on the loose, and aboard the ship and had stolen some valuable items, including some of their pokemon. They tried to find the thief high and low, but they ended up running around in circles. Until up to the last minute, they spotted the thief and chased him and battled his pokemon, and it was a success. All were returned back, and some of them gained new pokemon along the way.

Characters:
Ivan Scott ==> Teh AquaJet Ice Jet
Alexander Wells ==> NES2
James Stanley ==> luke39
Twila Reanne ==> SaphireShadows

Significant NPCs:

Uncle Andrew
Rocky

New / Transferred Pokemon:

Kurt torkoal.gif
Trikey electrike.gif
Mai ralts.gif

--------------------

Lol.. ==><== Lol..

*~United, we stand. Divided, we fall.~*

Btw, click the splice for an amazing shop with full of other splices! PokeNOM's splices!
Credits. (click to show)
Other Random stuffs. (click to show)

You do NOT want to see this pic.. (click to show)
Ah.. feels nice to change my name... Call me Jet or Ice Jet!
Former name: Teh AquaJet
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 3 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #107

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Ahem… SINCE WHEN DO THIEVES ACTUALLY WEAR BLACK MASKS?!

RP Grading - Boat Rockers

General Notes

You guys are some die-hard roleplayers! I counted 8 posts in one day! Just make sure that none of you gets too eager and leaves other behind unnecessarily – remember, we all have real life stuff to deal with too. Also, I appreciate you all had to set up your characters on the ship but the first interaction was 11 posts in! Don’t be afraid to start off interaction faster in the future.

A word on god-modding. Although there wasn’t any degree of god-modding that I felt necessary to bring up, I felt it was right just to make you all aware that having your trainers “know too much” is just as much god-modding as taking control of other characters. No character is perfect and all of yours are 11-18 years old so it is highly unlikely that they’d know details about every Pokemon in the pokedex. Try to consider that in your next roleplays.

Battles. Please agree on battle proceedings and outcomes either in your discussion thread or in pm. I don’t really want to see OOC debates mid-roleplay. We mods have had to sort out a lot of god-mod battles in the past since battles were not agreed between players beforehand. Please get into the habit of discussing battles in more depth with each other before you post.
Not only that, but agree on some moves that can fill out a single player’s posts. It gets frustrating reading posts that only describe one attack.
Also, in future roleplays you can battle NPCs in a single post – there is no need for another player to control them.

That said, this RP had a simple plot-line suitable for any beginner but I have to say it wasn’t played out as well as I think you all could do. Parts seemed rushed, disjointed and above all confusing to read. Read individual sections for levels awarded. And remember - all criticism here is constructive.

Ice Jet - Ivan (click to show)
Luke39 - James (click to show)
NES2 - Alexander (click to show)
SaphireShadows - Twila (click to show)

Take this roleplay as good practice for your next ones and please try to take on board our comments. We want to give you as many points as possible so don't give us reasons not to! When you are ready, please update your current levels posts with this grading.

Thanks,

~LA

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 30 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #108

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

From the brightest days
The darkest nights will arrive
This is our story.

Divide And Conquer has ended.

Darryn, Jaima, Meiko, and Tuesday leave Tuesday's uncle DeBrody's ranch refreshed and rejuvenated. Remembering the first time they were caught outdoors, they find themselves wary, afraid, but this does not keep them from, once again, getting attacked. This time, rather than simply drawing them away from each other, the villains blow them away (literally) and scatter them, separating them not only from each other, but also their pokemon.

This wouldn't be anything more than annoying... if they hadn't proceeded to set the forest on fire...

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Oct 12 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #109

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Finally posted this, though I may have been a bit nitpicky.

Review of “Divide and Conquer”

Once again, we find Team Rouge in trouble again, this time involving a brief encounter with a gun. Instead of using the gun though, the bad guys decided to whirlwind the team away, along with their pokemon. That part I don’t get: why would they whirlwind all the pokemon and their human targets away, and then proceed to kill them with a wildfire? Weren’t they after them in the first place? If you’re going to do that, why not just shoot them? Unless the “whirlwinder” is actually a good guy in disguise (I doubt it), I sense a massive plot hole. (I’m probably reading too much into it though.)

I do like the concept for the RP though. Splitting them up and interacting with their friends’ pokemon was an excellent idea and revealed more about their relationships. It’s funny to see that, while the humans grew close over time, their pokemon did not share the same kinship. A fun read overall.

The battle section was difficult to grade. The battle kept ending and restarting, and pokemon I thought had fainted were suddenly fighting again. It’s one of the reasons this took so long to grade (aside from my busy schedule).

NOTE: To anyone else reading this, if this RP gave you the idea of implementing guns into your RPs, you’d best check with the mods. I really don’t want to see gunfights replace pokemon fights. I definitely don’t want to see people taking gunshot wounds and walking away. Again, mod permission only, please.

Master Houndoom- Jaima Kuonji/Meiko Omura (click to show)

Living Arrow- Darryn Kellor (click to show)

Umbrae Calamitas- Tuesday Berdison (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Nov 20 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #110

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Lackadaisical Repose and Leery Rascals at Loch Ranch is finished!

Pandora Gibbs- 2gamers
Douken Sota- Douken Sota
Justin Smart- Yzarc Drowsnam

Our heroes stop by at the largest daycare facility in Furoh: Loch Ranch. Along with meeting the Loch family, Pan is reunited with Justin, their first meeting occuring in the Underground. From the group is put to work with the task of finding eggs around the ranch. Thoughout their exploration of the ranch, Pan's growlithe is reunited with his old master (who doesn't even remember him), Douken encounters an odd pairing of xatu and skarmory, and Justin gets closer to his pokemon. Later in the night, he also gets closer to Pan. A potential relationship may be in the offing.

The Cult of Darkrai shows up to ruin everyone's night's rest. A large battle ensues as the enemy attempts to capture a spiritomb egg. Douken does a decent job in protecting the hatchery, while Pan and Justin tag-teamed to fight the forces outside. Later on, Pan gets trapped in the middle of a tauros herd. Her growlithe Fenrir evolves just in time to rescue her and corral the tauros. Crisis averted!

The group departed in the morning. Douken captures a skarmory, while Pan and Justin hope their separate paths don't stay separate forever. Justin leaves for Arasam, while Pan and Douken ride on their pokemon for Petropolis.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Nov 21 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #111

Group Icon

We were definitely onto a winner when we created the Loch Ranch but you guys have managed to up it that little bit more! I loved this RP and all of the players in it – the scores are reflected by this.

RP Grading - Lackadaisical Repose and Leery Rascals at Loch Ranch

General Notes

Well thought-out posts, some epic battles, humour, tear-jerking moments and splash of romance? The roleplay truly had it all. As a fan of this trio, I had it on *track topic* to keep up to date the whole way and I was not disappointed. In fact, if I could give out more than just 10 levels I would!

Typically, there is little else to do other than help the Lochs with their work but somehow you managed to throw in a cult...… A CULT! *squeee!*

2gamers - Pan Gibbs (click to show)
Douken Sota - ...… (click to show)
Yzarc Drowsnam - Justin Smart (click to show)

A great read and an example of what a roleplay should be. Definitely marking you guys as players for Darryn's future (yes, he is sadly separating from Team Rogue very very soon).

~LA

--------------------

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Dec 5 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #112

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

Crabs Shells & Stones was abandoned(I was busy with exams and it was a let down to the others.

Luke39 - James Stanley
Absoleevee - Ali Symma
Dragon Maiden - Aussie Winters

James has arrived in Port Barley and has found a flyer and reads it. It is about the Pokeathlon, James is interested about it but there is something else happening. He get's distracted by a group of Wild Krabby's and a group of Wild Shellders. They are fighting over Territory and a Water Stone. They are running around at the Marina and holding up all the boats as the captains don't want to hurt them. James sees this as something he could help in. He needs 2 people to help him settle these pokemon down. And will James ever pursue a dream of becoming a Pokeathlete?

We didn't make it far so I submitted it to grading and no one has shown interest in continuing it.
Important Events so far:
Ali caught an Eevee.

Thanks
Luke39

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 5 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #113

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Due to the shortness of the RP, I cannot grade this. My general rule for a 3-person RP is 30-40 posts or around two pages. There are only 17 posts in this RP.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ganymede
post Dec 27 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #114

beep boop
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 142

aw yeah

Lost in Lenolia is done!

Dramatis Personae
Cameron Ramirez - Haunted
Raven Amaranth - Tymid
Taggarty Lee - Kamaitachi

Cameron Ramirez, a spoiled-rich rock star from Petropolis, is en route to Gigarte for his tour. Along the way something goes wrong with one of the buses, and the one Cameron is in is forced to stop just outside Lenolia. Fed up, Cameron storms off into the dangerous city with only his Pokemon by his side. Meanwhile, Raven Amaranth is on a walk through Lenolia when she and Taggarty Lee, fresh from the hostage crisis in Petropolis, hear Cameron's screams as he is attacked by a trio of bandits. After rescuing his sorry arse helping him out, the three travel to the city's run-down Pokemon Centre, where Tag formulates a plan to rescue the captive Pokemon held in a smuggling ring not too far off. After giving Raven and Cameron a to-the-point lesson in battling, the trio engage in a battle royale with the smugglers. They don't come out unscathed, however - Tag suffers a gunshot wound, Raven gets in a no-holds-barred fight with two of the smugglers, and Cameron takes a knife to the shoulder.

Thankfully, they manage to rescue all of the captured Pokemon. Cameron learns a lesson in hubris and gets a chilling note from his aunt back home, saying that his corporate-empire father is planning something. The trio then quick-travel to Loch Ranch, where the three finally part ways.

--------------------
obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 28 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #115

Group Icon

OK. To start myself off on the right footing for this grading, I went back to the three profiles and read them through again. DAY-UM! These three had so much personality it made my teeth hurt! Even so, it excited me to see how you guys would make a blend of such headstrong characters.

RP Grading – Lost in Lenoilia

General Notes

This RP consisted:
Gathering of group
Tag and Raven battle 3 stooges
Trip to Pokemon Center
Battle training session between Tag and Cameron
Battle Royale
Lovey-Pidovey ending

Now, when we say Battle Royale, sure we all imagine a big battle. But this?! This was on a whole new scale. That baby went on for literally weeeeeeks! It can’t hurt your score when I’m grading but it CAN make a mod sigh with exhaustion after reading battle after battle after battle. In future, I’d pull back on the volume of battling a little more but make individual battles a bit more epic… Like Rocky! xD
Another word of warning on battling – remember that Pokemon get tired even if they win. With so many battles in there, you were close on god-mod territory. True, there were some great strategies in there, courtesy of Tag, but I couldn’t help feeling that too much was being done. Your scores weren’t effected this time but please keep it in mind for the future.

Haunted – Cameron Remirez (click to show)
Tymid – Raven Amaranth (click to show)
Kamaitachi – Taggarty Lee (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 18 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #116

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

When Crime Pays

Justin Smart and Nate Guzman, relatively new (and very low ranking) members of Team Deception are given their second assignment. They are to take an unknown package and sell it to a group of five men in a cave in Mt. Carello. Needless to say (or maybe I did...I don't know, whatever), the five decide not to pay up. Seeing as how they outnumber Justin and Nate five to two, it was certainly a smart decision at the time. Justin and Nate run away, leaving behind the money. Nate, barely conscious after being punched in the face, accidentally leaves behind Da Bomb, his numel.

The two run into Taggarty Lee and Raven Amaranth, who are there independently of each other, but also know each other. And Justin and Nate already knew Tag. Crazy Random Happenstance indeed! Anyway, Raven and Tag agree to help out a bro in need (though Justin and Nate only mention that Da Bomb was stolen). Some events occur, blah blah blah, characters get frustrated with each other, some characters do some really douchey things (one, in particular) and stuff.

Roleplayers Involved
1. Yzarc Drowsnam 2. Tymid 3. Kamaitachi Other Notes:

Justin's Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo
Raven's Aria evolved into Luxio
Raven caught Forte the Larvitar
Tag caught Orin the Snorunt

Reason for edit: I left out a digit in the link to the RP. My b

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Jan 19 2011, 12:51 PM

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 19 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #117

Group Icon

For you three roleplayers, I really don't see a need to bolster your egos with words of congrats on an RP well done... BUT I WILL ANY WAY! I really enjoyed this roleplay and feel like I've gotten to grips with your characters pretty well now. A few minor blips on the radar this time but nothing that can't be worked on.

RP Grading – When Crime Pays

General Notes

This RP consisted:
Some douches in a cave
Some nice people in a cave
A Tyranitar in a cave
Battles in a cave
Captures in a cave
Battles outside a cave

The battles here were good until the end section. That much really wasn't needed. Yes, it was nice to have a battle roayle. No, the enemies didn't need that many Pokemon. Yes, you decide how many battles to have. No, I didn't like it. This issue, however, hasn't harmed your grades but let it be known that I got sick of reading battles! :p

For Raven and Tag, I want to make something incredibly clear for future roleplays. Although they have heard the name "Team Deception" now, they do not know what that means so would not automatically link it to anything that goes on in future unless Nate or Justin is involved. Sure, they could think about it, but other than that they know literally nothing about the organisation.

Read on for scores.

Yzarc Drowsnam – Justin Smart (click to show)
Tymid – Raven Amaranth (click to show)
Kamaitachi – Taggarty Lee (click to show)

Until next time,

~LA

--------------------

+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jan 19 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #118

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

NES2, you forgot me...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jan 20 2011, 12:31 AM
Post #119

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

I'll take it, but please be advised I have a battery of tests looming over the horizon. I will, however, attempt to complete my grading posthaste.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 23 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #120

Group Icon

And a Golurk

SUPER QUICK RP GRADING: Review of "The Move Tutor"

Since nuttyjigs is the only remaining player, I'm only grading her. The results:

Participation: 3/3. You stayed to the bitter end!
Skill: 4/7 Wildly erratic post length, but those that were bigger were pretty good.
Battle: 2/5. Trainer battle was good, but I would have like to have seen more. Perhaps that would have happened if the RP reached its conclusion, but we'll never know.

Total: 9/15. Not a terrible start. Keep it up!

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:36 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.