Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[new] Sprite dex
GiZmo
post Jul 4 2012, 01:20 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 100 783

Active Squad

I didnt find it in the pokedex. You can find it only if you open each pkmn in the dex. But there's no overall dex (=completion stats) where I could find how many sprites locked.
Is it possible to add?

--------------------

~ Shiny ~ (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Nobunaga
post Jul 4 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 124 656

Active Squad

I think sprites are merely a novelty added in to let users have different Pokemon from everyone else (well, more variety at least)... however, that being said, I think this is quite a fun idea, especially for people who've completed the pokedex.

I've always wondered if the site would ever get a spriter to do, for example, Gen I sprites of Gen 5 pokemon. The same style and such, but that'd take some amount of talent and probably wouldn't be canon, and since they're not novelties... well you get the idea.

But yes. A sprite dex I'd be 100% in favour for. grin.gif
----------------------------
EDIT: Slightly off topic, sorry about this, but I've posted 13 posts so far but my profile at the side insists I've posted 0. o.o Is that just something to do with the GTS server or something?
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jul 4 2012, 05:17 AM
Post #3

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(Nobunaga @ Jul 4 2012, 03:44 AM) *
EDIT: Slightly off topic, sorry about this, but I've posted 13 posts so far but my profile at the side insists I've posted 0. o.o Is that just something to do with the GTS server or something?

You have to post in forums that don't say "Will not increase cumulative post count."

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Nobunaga
post Jul 4 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 124 656

Active Squad

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Jul 4 2012, 11:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Nobunaga @ Jul 4 2012, 03:44 AM) *

You have to post in forums that don't say "Will not increase cumulative post count."

Ahh, I see. Sorry, hadn't noticed, just tend to stick to the support forums 'cause I feel more useful here if nothing else. :P
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jul 4 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(GiZmo @ Jul 4 2012, 01:20 AM) *
I didnt find it in the pokedex. You can find it only if you open each pkmn in the dex. But there's no overall dex (=completion stats) where I could find how many sprites locked.
Is it possible to add?

There's nowhere that says X sprites unlocked of X total, which would be nice to have, but in a pinch, your Statistics tab has the number of alternate sprites you've unlocked, and you can guesstimate the number of sprites available overall based on how many Pokemon have been available in each generation: so there would be 151 RG, RB, and Y sprites, 251 G, S, and C sprites, and so on (I think the total is around 6000-ish, but I'm horrendously bad at math, so don't trust my guess).

But yeah, I agree that this ought to be added.

QUOTE(Nobunaga @ Jul 4 2012, 02:44 AM) *
I've always wondered if the site would ever get a spriter to do, for example, Gen I sprites of Gen 5 pokemon. The same style and such, but that'd take some amount of talent and probably wouldn't be canon, and since they're not novelties... well you get the idea.

I'm fairly sure I've seen this idea shot down by an admin for exactly the reasons you just gave - not canon, and would require an enormous amount of time and skill.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 05:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.