Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

GPX+ Appreciation Station, Where we gush about everything we like on the site! :]
Gryphaena
post Apr 18 2020, 07:53 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

So it seems there was an appreciation thread made ten years ago, found here: What's Your Favorite Part of the Site?

In light of COVID-19, I, along with users Kingis & Tyranisaur thought we would reboot the idea, sharing what makes us appreciate the site for bringing some cheer around these here parts! :]

Please don't share sarcastic posts.

Please don't grumble about other users or other parts of the site here.

Let's have fun! grin.gif

I'll start: I appreciate GPX+ for having the smoothest clicking mechanics I've found in a Pokémon adoptables website,
having a list of achievements that are a mix of insane to beginner-friendly,
having a simple shiny hunt mechanic (just hatch eggs, no items needed!)
having Explorations that are fun & a great way to see some Pokémon artwork,
having Moderators that are not ban-happy,
having an equitable Donor mechanic that gives everyone a chance to benefit,
fostering a great community on the Discord,
& donating revenue to charities, I remember we donated to the ACLU another time, I think.

This post has been edited by Gryphaena: Apr 18 2020, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Majestic Mr ...
post May 4 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #2

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I mentioned it a little in the May monthly thread, but the one thing I'm glad I have GPX for is just the ability to appreciate Pokemon that I like. I've developed what I refer to as a "semi-competitive" mindset when it comes to Pokemon and the main series, essentially meaning that typically I use Pokemon that I like, but I want them to be the best as they physically possibly can.
For instance, even though a Pokemon like Rampardos, one of my favorite mons, is considered kinda bad, I love using it, but want it to be the best it possibly can be competitively(in this case, something like Jolly with the proper IVs and EV investment, with Sheer Force and a Choice Scarf).
Because of that, and because I just have a good amount of competitive knowledge, I kinda have this lens that I look at Pokemon through, even if I'm just replaying a game casually and because I want to. I want to use Pokemon that I like and that aren't quote-on-quote "bad" or "non-viable".

With GPX, I don't really have to worry about that. I don't battle, I don't really use the VS Seeker. GPX lets me embrace not only the other aspect of Pokemon that I really focus on which is shiny hunting, but also just being able to enjoy Pokemon that I like. 90% of what I do on GPX is just shiny hunting for Pokemon that I want, and I'm glad I can do that without needing to care about their IVs, their nature, what abilities they have, etc. It just lets me enjoy Pokemon for what they are, almost like when I was a kid.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:53 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.