Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How do you feel about early pregnancy?
suzyk
post Sep 29 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #41

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

I don't understand why pregnant teenage girls want to keep the baby in the end. They don't understand what it means to be a parent and how much time, money and effort one must give up for a newborn child.

If you didn't get raped, it's your fault you got knocked up. You have to look out for yourself, and make sure things like unwanted pregnancy don't happen. Either stay abstinent or practice safe sex (which doesn't always work anyways).

But, I do respect those who actually keeps and take care of the baby

So some unwanted kid(s) can deplete the world's resources even more? No thanks. If they're 15 and younger, I say they should get an abortion.

A kid having a kid... just creepy.

This post has been edited by suzyk: Sep 29 2009, 06:48 AM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

gretchen8642
post Oct 3 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 14 554

Best team ever.

While a lot of pregnancies are preventable, I think that accidents can happen (broken condom, forgetting one birth control pill, getting raped, etc.) I think women should be allowed to choose whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term, and ending an early pregnancy is the most humane answer for all parties involved (rather than waiting until the second or third term in any circumstance except for endangering the life of the mother or the child having a severe life quality altering birth defect.)

--------------------

i always click back! wailord.gif

+Quote Post

pichu egg
post Nov 26 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 877

Pokemon Lab Team

I am highly against it because the teenage mother usually doesn't have the money, items, and the support needed. and in the end, they usually get placed in a foster care center. Like the case with 2 friends I have, Jonnie and Jacob. Their mother was like, about 19, when they born and they was born in Wisconsin. their mother really loved them but just didn't have they money for it. So that's how they got to Minnesota, where I live. and coincidentally, we only live 50 feet away! So the most humane way to prevent child pregnancy would be to teach sexual education, which means teaching children about sex. Now I wouldn't recommend to 5-6 year olds, but for kids in my age range, like 10-13 year old kids, that would be pretty smart. And kid having a kid= gross. and if you weren't raped, it's your fault and all rapist should DIE.

--------------------

Shoddy Battle record: 15 wins/ 6 losses

Runescape account name: Sir Koopaman
Shoddy Battle account name and Smogon account name: Sir Koopaman
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 21 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #44

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

Note: In the interests of full disclosure, my family runs a hospital. My Da's the administrator. Gram and an Aunt are RNs. I've seen it all in the way of kid pregnancy.

I personally say if you wanna abort, good, you prevent suffering for you and a baby you can't take care of. If you wanna let the kid get born, as opposed to abort, fine. But if you can't trucking take care of it (And you fucking CAN'T at that age on your own, PERIOD.) give it up for adoption. There are plenty of couples that'll take good care of a baby.
Juno had it right. ^_^.gif

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jan 21 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #45

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(suzyk @ Sep 29 2009, 06:47 AM) *
So some unwanted kid(s) can deplete the world's resources even more? No thanks. If they're 15 and younger, I say they should get an abortion.

I know I'm "just a guy" and will most likely be shood out of the discussion by a bunch of preteen girls weilding Taylor Lautner pillows for not having a uterus, but 100 years ago, girls as young as 12 were married and having families. It's biologically possible. It isn't safe, but then again the popular argument around the abortion discussion is that every pregnancy is unsafe. All I'm sayen is to make sure that it is 100% certain that the baby or the mother is going to be hurt before whipping out the "abortion card". I'm talking "He'll be born with mental retardation and the placenta is covering the cervix" not "OMG there's, leik, a chance that you'll get stretchmarks".

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 21 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(Reyo @ Jan 21 2010, 01:58 AM) *

I know I'm "just a guy" and will most likely be shood out of the discussion by a bunch of preteen girls weilding Taylor Lautner pillows for not having a uterus, but 100 years ago, girls as young as 12 were married and having families. It's biologically possible. It isn't safe, but then again the popular argument around the abortion discussion is that every pregnancy is unsafe. All I'm sayen is to make sure that it is 100% certain that the baby or the mother is going to be hurt before whipping out the "abortion card". I'm talking "He'll be born with mental retardation and the placenta is covering the cervix" not "OMG there's, leik, a chance that you'll get stretchmarks".
how about "OMG this kid will have a horrible life, either in his mothers care with no money and food or in foster care where a significant percentage of kids get abused anyways and end up fucked in the head?"
Don't ruin one kids life to save a fetus that isn't even technically human till it's born. Abortion is often the best option.

--------------------

- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jan 21 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jan 21 2010, 10:50 AM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Jan 21 2010, 01:58 AM) *

how about "OMG this kid will have a horrible life, either in his mothers care with no money and food or in foster care where a significant percentage of kids get abused anyways and end up fucked in the head?"
Don't ruin one kids life to save a fetus that isn't even technically human till it's born. Abortion is often the best option.

*cough*
QUOTE(Reyo @ Jul 28 2009, 10:17 PM) *
If you weren't ready to have a baby, then why did you risk having sex? If you at least TRYED by using a condom or birth control, then that's fine. At least you noticed that sex = babies, and took the steps to try and avoid it.

The point I'm trying to make: abstinence is the only birth control that is 100% effective.

EDIT: Before you jump at me...YAY ADOPTION!

*cough*

I swear you're all so narrow minded I think you're doing it on purpose.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jan 21 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #48

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Now, this seems to be a topic that concerns a lot of people.
The way I see it...I don't care.

If some teenager wants to have a baby, then go crazy.
You just have to realize how serious the situation is, and what kind of decision you will have to make.
This can be anything from adoption, abortion, or maybe you just wanna keep it. It's not gonna affect me, so I don't give a crap.

This person wouldn't have come into existence if it weren't for that decision to have sex (considering if you don't abort it), and in the end...I don't think it's really that bad for the kid.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Jan 21 2010, 02:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 21 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Jan 21 2010, 02:12 PM) *

You just have to realize how serious the situation is, and what kind of decision you will have to make.
This can be anything from adoption, abortion, or maybe you just wanna keep it. It's not gonna affect me, so I don't give a crap.

This person wouldn't have come into existence if it weren't for that decision to have sex (considering if you don't abort it), and in the end...I don't think it's really that bad for the kid.

Just pointing out it does affect you, you're just ignoring it.
For example, our taxes will be paying for that kid FOREVER.

--------------------

Ultimate Goal:
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Jan 23 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #50

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

Personally, I would take the side of going against teenage pregnancies. It really is depressing to see a 16 year old mothers. I doubt those mothers really have what it takes. It not only stresses the mother out, but it stresses thier grandparents. Bringing a baby in this world takes a lot of work, and I really think that you need to have the mature attitude to fully raise a child properly. Every baby has a right to live, but I can't help feel sick when I see a baby getting brought up in such a bad environment. It might seem completely narrow minded and selfish, but to carry a burden of a baby is too great for a teenage mother or father to bear. They might be mature, but they were immature to not think about the baby's future.

This post has been edited by FancyGranola: Jan 23 2010, 09:14 PM

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jan 24 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jan 21 2010, 03:41 PM) *
QUOTE(Dazmi @ Jan 21 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Just pointing out it does affect you, you're just ignoring it.
For example, our taxes will be paying for that kid FOREVER.

wait...FOREVER! As in the kid's never going to die? How did they accomplish such a thing? DID THEY PERFECT IMMORTALITY WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME!?

--------------------

+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Jan 24 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #52

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

Now that solves teenage pregnancies.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Unskilled78
post Feb 16 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #53

Cynical Old Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 990

Active Squad

I look on anyone who gets pregneant with the same disdain and pity as I do those who play Russian Rullette.

If you're independent (or in a contract with someone that allows you to take care of the childerkins 24/7), your weapon is a revolver. It might come back and bite you in the rear, but probably not.

If you're 12 or so, it's like playing the same game with a gatling gun.

You're either bringing a life you can't provide for into the world, or you're snuffing out a life because you can't handle abstaining. Either way, strikes me as self-centered.

--------------------
Please forgive spelling errors. It's always 3 AM somewhere.

Yes, I did just post to get Pokemon views. What of it?
Unskilled78: a proud breeder of the rare Dracowymsy.
+Quote Post

Ahri
post Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 638

Active Squad

I guess I'm rather old-fashioned when it comes to early pregnancy, because in all honesty, it disgusts me.

I understand that people make mistakes, but if you really don't have a clue what you're doing when you enter into that level of intimacy with another person then should you really be doing it in the first place? There are preventative measures out there for a reason - not just contraception, but the morning after pill. Although you can buy it over the counter now, it is still available freely at walk-in centers.

The reason why early pregnancy annoys me so much is that often these girls that go out and get pregnant have no real idea what they're getting themselves into. If you don't have a stable job with a reliable income, how on earth can you expect to provide for your baby? Babies may be amazing gifts of life, but they are also an incredible drain on resources, and that's something most young people seem to overlook. The reality isn't the same as the picture perfect image that the media paints of motherhood, but young girls are still naive enough to believe that life is really like that.

Perhaps the most saddening thing about early pregnancy is that if the mother makes no move to try and prevent the baby from being born (read: abortion/the morning after pill, not self harm or abuse) then it's unfair on the baby. Often it will be raised in an environment that is less than suitable, and the mother will be reliant on her parents as the sole source of providing for it..

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sovereign
post Feb 17 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 455

;dream team;

If you can take care of it, by all means, have a child. However, I've yet to meet anyone under the age of 20 who would make, in my humble opinion, good parents.

--------------------

icons by me <3
+Quote Post

Gati
post Feb 17 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

Well, I have seen plenty of idiots teenage girls in this situation, now if we're talking about that teenage girls voluntarily with their boyfriend, they're just not ready, I don't think anyone is ready at a young age because even some grown women don't know what they'll do. It drastically changes the life of anyone for better or worst. I believe the beast thing to do if a girl doesn't get much support would be adoption or abortion.

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Thale
post Feb 18 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #57

"Things are serious. A man in a dress is dead."
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 244

Wakedawn

To me it's as simple as the abortion issue:

If you open your legs willingly (i.e., not getting raped), then it's your fault.

Seeing as over 10% of girls at my high school are or have been pregnant, I have little sympathy left for teen moms.

--------------------
-
And if he can't drive
With a broken back
At least he can polish the fenders
-

My Geass commands you to follow my Harry Pincers to my party.

The Shiny Corps (click to show)

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Picanco
post Mar 16 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 847

My Favorites

Excuse the following brutal honesty. Perhaps I feel too strongly about this.

I honestly think it's extremely stupid to have sex young (and especially unprotected sex). I'm only 16 and I've known six pregnancies. I'm sure there's some that I didn't know about too. Only one of these people for sure kept their baby, and two of these was the same person. People don't learn after having sex, even after getting pregnant, and it's sad. Teenagers think it's cool to have sex or that the guy won't like them if they don't do it when it's suggested.

The bottom line is this: If the guy really loves you, he will wait.

Once a teen is pregnant, however, I think you should let them decide what to do with the baby. I don't believe in abortions just because of a screw-up though. Teens should learn from their mistakes, and sometimes the hard way is the only way. I'm not saying that every teen mom is a bad mom, nor am I saying that babies are mistakes - please don't twist my words. ><

As a side note, the sex ed class I went to was very thorough. It talked about abstinence, but it also talked about both male and female prevention tactics (plus how to use them) and all the varying repercussions of sex (with vivid detail and pictures of warts and other wonderful such things, including a video of a woman giving birth) and it was terrifying. Even with this close to two month class people are still stupid.

There are also the people who know nothing about sex. I don't think that parents should keep their teens out of sex ed classes - it's one of the worst things you can do. I have a friend who is ridiculously sheltered. I won't go into details, but if someone came onto her she wouldn't even know. I'm not even sure she knows what a condom is.

Hopefully this post makes some sense and isn't too harsh. It's late.

Edit: I guess really my entire post can be summed up by Thale:
If you open your legs willingly (i.e., not getting raped), then it's your fault.

This post has been edited by Picanco: Mar 16 2010, 01:26 AM

--------------------

Claims & Random Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Catty Skate
post Mar 28 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 550

Active Squad

according 2 my opinion it ain't neccesary. Coz' u can have a baby later. This is a time 4 u 2 enjoy ur life. anyway after u get married u will have surely becoz ur matured and u have a lot intrest in this.

--------------------
-------- ^_^.gif
Please Click my party.
and Click my Brother too.
but don't forget to Click
+Quote Post

Furious George
post Mar 28 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 293

Active Squad

It wasn't that long ago that people got pregnant as soon as they were able. I think that the full range of contraceptive options should be made available, but if somebody wants to get pregnant and they can, there shouldn't be anything on the social level stopping them. Of course, I'm assuming that with education and options, not many people will choose to get pregnant before they;re ready, but maybe I'm just overly optimistic!

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:23 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.