Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you think of smokers?
Disgracik
post Jun 10 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #61

Life is the childhood of our immortality.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 94 296

Fav legends

Being smoker for almost 6 years facepalm.gif

Of course understanding that this is bad and everything but anyway, I still find it coll, sometimes even relaxing... Anyway, I don't smoke at home, I just don't want to, but when I go out, I just have to do it... I can say, in someway, I've got psychological dependence. But i try to control it, when in crowded places or with people who hate smell of it, I try not to... Having willpower can help to give up, but not always... People know what bad influence has smoking, but every year number of smokers is growing up.... I personally don't like smokers, when they smoke before get on a public transport (quite popular in my country) and similar situations, being myself smoker, quite a paradox, huh.....

And speaking about second-hand smoking - it's just deal of people who don't smoke, they can easily omit ones who smoke. And just don't forget about human rights... For example - If I'm sitting in a park on bench, smoking when near me sits person, who don't smoke, whose rights will be violated, mine or that person... It's always choice of each person.

--------------------
[align=center]

[/align]
[spoiler=Stuff] [align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

lorks
post Jul 20 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #62

Faberry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 72 645

Shinies

too each their own. if people want to smoke, they can, and they have to live with whatever comes with it. i don't particularly like people smoking in public (especially busy places) but as long as it doesn't blow right in my fucking face i really have no problem with it. i do hate the kids that smoke b/c they think it's cool or something, though.

--------------------
i always click back

--

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jul 22 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #63

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

Smoking's addictive nature is what drives people to continuously smoke, and it's pushed on the population. Every kid out there is a potential costumer, and just one cigarette can get them on the cigarette's brand for life. That's a nice bit of income, and what it all comes down to really is money.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Jul 22 2012, 06:43 AM
Post #64

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

I don't like smoking, and I know I'm not going to do it. But I don't exactly hate smokers, I just dislike the smell.
+Quote Post

SlaughterMelon
post Jul 22 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #65

Hater of Longitude
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 420

My Slices.

I honestly hate it because my aunt does around everyone, but i have asthma so yeah. It really does have no point and it eventually can kill you... that is all.

--------------------

won by me in the unearthly trials. also won by me in the unearthly trials.

Thx to Emmathetiger for the awesome Trainer sprite of Spectra!
Sprites (click to show)

+Quote Post

NimmiPlays
post Jul 22 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 746

Active Squad

In my opinion, it's your own choice weither you smoke or not. I personally hate smokers, being surrounded by my family who smoke. Thankfully, none of my friends smoke so I don't have to be around it all the time. Recently, I've grown to hate smoking. My dad has smoked 40 years of his life, and is now very sick from smoking. I'm not blaming the cigarettes, i'm blaming him for making such a stupid decision in his life that he has to pay for it now. Further more, why would you pay nearly 7 or 8 euro for 20 cigarettes. Some people smoke two to three packs maybe even more a day. You could save so much money not getting the death sticks.

This is just my two cents anyway.

--------------------

----------------------------------

I can haz ur cuteness, yesh?
+Quote Post

Chrome
post Jul 24 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #67

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

I hate smoking, especially cigarettes. Thankfully my parents don't smoke so I'm not exposed to it often.
Why pay money for something that won't give you any benefit at all?

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

TemptingTomorrow
post Jul 24 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #68

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 009

Smeargle Addict

To me, If people want to smoke, they can, but they have to face the price that comes with it. They can if they want at their own risk. I am only twelve years old, and probably won't smoke ever, but people make their own choices. let them ruin their life. Most people smoke from false advertising or peer pressure from friends saying you will be cool or you will be popular, but you shouldn't do smoking just for that, let your friends ruin their lives, don't smoke. That is what I have to say.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 24 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #69

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Sukau @ Jul 24 2012, 09:06 PM) *
I hate smoking, especially cigarettes. Thankfully my parents don't smoke so I'm not exposed to it often.
Why pay money for something that won't give you any benefit at all?

People use it as a relief. While I was going through a tough time (in the past year or so) while my parents were in the process of splitting, smoking was the only relief I actually had. Some do it out of peer pressure, but the only benefit I had from it was using it as an excuse to go for a walk in the park, have a few fags and come home.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Nanaki
post Sep 21 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 929

dreamy

i don't smoke myself but i know plenty of people who do, and i'm around a lot of second hand smoke. o:
tbh i don't really have an issue with it, i know people smoke because it helps them calm down, and it's like a stress reliever to them. also pretty sure 9/10 of the people who smoke know the dangers that come with it so... it's their choice.

i do love the smell of tobacco though. i just smell cigarettes while they aren't lit ;;

--------------------

bądźmy przyjaciółmi! ミ●﹏☉ミ
+Quote Post

Eldavey
post Sep 23 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #71

Super Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 980

dreamteam

It's a choice you make, but for people who choose it I see it as some sort of weakness because they couldn't resist the temptations. Nonetheless I don't mind smokers and I enjoy watching my friends get cancer.
but not really. Smoking has some sort of "cool" when you do it right, and with right I mean long cigarettes and a classy suit.
+Quote Post

3ed3
post Sep 23 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 173 710

Active Squad

300,000 smokers die each year 3,000 non smokers DIE each year so i just dont like it make igeli geez or ill go ninja.gif on them
+Quote Post

Aves Dominari
post Oct 1 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 174 276

Caelum Venatores

QUOTE(3ed3 @ Sep 23 2012, 09:45 PM) *
300,000 smokers die each year 3,000 non smokers DIE each year so i just dont like it make igeli geez or ill go ninja.gif on them

I have no doubt that the numbers on both ends are much higher. Do you mean of lung cancer?

EDIT:
All data comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
443,000 people die annually of smoking-related health problems. Of these 443,000 people, 49,400 are not smokers - i.e., they were killed by second-hand smoke.
Now, I must point out that getting a whiff of the guy smoking on the corner isn't going to give you lung cancer. Smokers die after years of exposure, and the same is true for non-smokers. In order to die of second-hand smoke, you have to be constantly exposed to a smoker over a period of time. Have you ever seen a 'designated smoking zone' in an airport or restaurant? These places are there so smokers can have privacy and so that people can avoid exposure if they don't feel like it. The result is that random people don't die after exposure to second-hand smoke from strangers over the course of their lives, so smokers aren't a threat to society as a whole or much of society at all. The next step, of course, should be education; cigarette companies spent $9.94 billion in 2008 on advertising, and we should be spending a decent amount as well educating people on the risks of smoking and second-hand smoke.
+Quote Post

Larryturbo
post Oct 7 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #74

It doesn't work? Yeah, that was on purpose.
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 805

The one the only

I don't smoke and I don't really have a problem with smokers.I really hate the ones who light a cigarette and blow the smoke inside a car making you desperately gasp for air though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chrome
post Oct 7 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #75

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

They can smoke all they want, just don't expose me to it.

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sora the Pikachu
post Oct 7 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #76

Sora the Pikachu
Group Icon

Member No.: 174 779

Leafgreen Nuzlocke

I hate smokers, especially the kind of smokers who try to get other people to smoke.

My opinion is that it's just plain old stupid. They want to try cigars when they're young because they think smoking is so 'bad' ad cool. It's just like cursing and cussing, (yes, there is a difference) they know people don't want them to say it, but they do anyways just because it's yet again 'bad' and 'cool' and 'everyone's doing it.' I know one time, when I was in elementary school, someone in kindergarten CUSSED OUT someone in the first grade, our vice principal was right beside the two of them, and she didn't give a care. On my bus one time, people in the back ate tobacco in the back of the bus and claimed it was beef jerkey, even though they spat it out in a bottle, they even sold some for little kids! Good thing they didn't have any money, and they also tried to sell cigars, and someone brought a lighter with them to melt a Gatorade bottle. When I told the bus driver, everybody lied and said he didn't have a lighter, even the kid himself, and the bus was also uncomfortably overcrowded.

Sorry if I was ranting in that paragraph.

--------------------
Yep, I'm Serious. srsbsns.gif
I am infecting all of the Game Forums! Mwa ha ha ha!

Organization XIII (click to show)

Oh, yes. I own monocle.gif emoticon. monocle.gif
Other Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lychee Tea
post Oct 21 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #77

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 123 472

Active Team

Smokers come in many forms. There are those that are completely unaware of their possible consequences, and drain their paychecks and savings on smoking many times a day. And there are others that seldom have a cigarette, mindful of where and when they smoke, and would continue to avoid smoking. The former, I severely dislike, and wish that they do not exist in this world, as they cause pain to others around them without any consideration whatsoever. The latter, I have a bit of respect for, as they realize what can happen by oversmoking, and are not overly stubborn about their issue.

--------------------
Hey.
+Quote Post

Alphaeon
post Oct 30 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #78

May the stars watch over you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 909

Legends of Age

A lot of my relatives are smokers. I'll never understand why people would choose to continually do something that's so harmful to your health, but obviously it's their choice~

Although I wish my loved ones didn't.

But aside from that, I don't really care if people do. With smoking being banned inside for the most part now, it's all good. It's just annoying how butthurt some smokers get when others call smoking unattractive. I mean....to some people (including me) it IS. I wouldn't date someone who was an avid smoker. It's a turnoff.
+Quote Post

Lani Moon
post Nov 5 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #79

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 089

Magda

I am very anti-smoking. As I was born with breathing issues, and don't get enough oxygen as it is I find being around smokers makes it especially hard to breathe, and leads to dizziness and possibly fainting if around them to long. And I know I'm not the only person in the world with breathing problems, other people (eg. Asthmatics) also have similar problems, and even people who have no breathing problems, can have trouble breathing around smokers.

It's also bad for your health due to all the horrible chemicals used to make cigarettes. In my opinion smoking is just a slow suicide that effects everyone via Passive Smoking. It can lead to a whole load of horrible diseases including Lung Cancer, Vascular Stenosis and many others, and can eventually lead to an early death.
+Quote Post

Cinderella Amber
post Nov 30 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #80

WOOMY
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 165

Plushie Collection

I don't like when people smoke. Especially when one person that does is my own mom... I've developed a sensitivity to the smell over the years so that makes it worse. I find it weird that no one seems to care about what it's doing to them or the people around them.

I was turned off smoking forever in the third grade when some people from S.W.A.T. (I think it was them) showed us a healthy lung and a smoker's lung next to each other. Real ones, in separate bags. Also, they gave an example of what smoking could do to vocal cords and the throat itself, and that was scary enough for me. The deal was sealed even further when my grandmother had a heart attack and the doctor told her that her main problem was smoking...

It makes no sense, that's for sure. Seriously, I can't think of any really beneficial things that come from it. Even that feeling of calmness that it gives you could just as easily come from lying down and listening to music or something. Other than that, it ruins you inside and out, it smells awful, it can decrease the value and quality of anything you own, and on top of all that, it kills you! The answer should be obvious here...

--------------------

Twitch Plays Pokemon has taught me three things:
- Praise Helix
- The PC and the B button are both evil incarnate
- Never bet on Entei

I have claims on Banette... but that should be obvious. wink.gif
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.