Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Six Year Old Girl Getting Pat-Downed, What do you think?
LittleShadowPoke...
post May 16 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

QUOTE(Cassowary @ Apr 25 2011, 09:19 AM) *
QUOTE(LittleShadowPokemon @ Apr 24 2011, 10:13 PM) *
The little girl does cry.

By no means is this okay. When it comes to Safety vs. Freedom, I'll choose Freedom every single time. There's only so much you can do. I thought we all learned this from Mewtwo Returns?

Yes, because we all learn our life lessons from pokemon movies.

It's not just black and white (dammit pokemon games), there's some grey areas too. Saying you'll always choose one over the other is as bad as saying vice versa.

Hey, if it's a good lesson, it's a good lesson. If people can justify using the bible as a moral means, then I can take my morals from a Pokemon movie. (Although, I prefer Grimm's fairy tales and the Upanishads.)

And I greatly cherish my freedom, and why shouldn't I choose it every time? If we consent to treatment like this, we'll be systemically giving the government a rubber stamp saying it's okay to treat us like criminals without proof. Homeland Security is just shouting to the world that the terrorism succeeded. They scared us.

I agree that children are a great target for hiding bombs and drugs and I agree that someone out there is going to be crooked enough to use them. But what's the cost of the lowest chance of finding that one child? Saving just those 20 lives? Economically speaking, the costs are too high. Especially the way they choose people to pat down. It's like winning the freaking lottery. And speaking from experience, it's always the upstanding citizen getting searched, while the obvious creep slinks by while all the security cringes and looks the other way.

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: May 16 2011, 12:24 AM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.