Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Back in the Zone
Kamaitachi
post Jan 29 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Back in the Zone

Tag's Roster (click to show)

It had been only a day since Taggarty Lee's Nightmare World ordeal, and he had already returned to the streets for more training. Taking on uppity trainers was something of a speciality to him, but today his training objectives were twofold: Get strong enough to beat Justin Smart's Hitmontop in fair combat, and get ready for a battle to earn the Stonebloom Badge.

He'd earned a bit of notoriety in Furoh as a trainer for the continental broadcasts of his gym battles, as well as his companionship with the now missing Raven Amaranth. The paparazzi had photographed them together during their time in Arasam, since she revealed herself to the world again, but she'd disappeared since.

Tag no longer felt the need to wander around searching for her, especially since he had no more leads. More importantly, he'd come to realize that he had other companions in Furoh, and didn't need to cling so heavily to someone who clearly didn't want to be found by anyone. He'd consciously made the effort to return to his vagrant ways and storm the final two gyms before making his way to Daioh.

He wanted the Champion's title, for once. He wanted the income as well, so as to build a trainer's school for himself. It was something of a pipe dream, but it was a better goal than finding a girl only to stand awkwardly around her.

But, of course, to do all this, he'd have to get stronger. Much stronger.

"Gothitelle! Psyshock! Samurott! Razor Shell!"

The newly arrived pokemon from Unova were a big problem for Tag. He'd faced quite a few since their appearance, and they always served to give him a hard time. In his vast experience, the former Dragon Trainer had squared off against probably every pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. (Excluding the 'legendary' pokemon, of course). With the arrival of a hundred or so more new pokemon, dozens of new techniques and abilities, Tag was a bit at a loss when facing them. Fortunately for him, several trainers now commanded these Unova-brand pokemon. One of the battles he'd engaged in today held two formidable looking foes that Tag had never seen before.

The Gothitelle raised her arms near her head, summoning a whole array of little motes in the air. Throwing her arms forward with a battlecry, the little psychic lights blasted forward, lashing towards Tag's Spinda, Kana.

The much smaller pokemon fell backwards from the assault, but hopped back up almost immediately thereafter. She smiled at her opponent cutely, placing a paw to her mouth as her ever-spiral eyes stared her down.

Meanwhile, the rather large looking...nautilus-otter-samurai pokemon lashed out with the shell he wore as a helmet. The blade looked vicious as it struck Tag's other pokemon, a Slowpoke named Tonbo, but the Slow Pokemon looked rather unfazed and retained his constantly dopey face.

Tag had given the first move to the opponent trainer, a tomboy looking girl wearing torn jean shorts, a tank top, and a white baseball cap. She was very attractive, but Tag paid that absolutely no heed (there were more important details to notice), and set about his counterattack immediately.

"Tonbo, disable Gothitelle. Kana, use Teeter Dance."

Kana bounced forward and immediately threw herself into a wild, flaily 'dance'. As she moved about, the eyes of the two enemy pokemon honed in on her, and the combination of her haphazard body spots, swirly eyes and erratic swirly dance moves imprinted on the brains of the two, and suddenly their eyes were spinning. Teeter Dance was a move that served to confuse all pokemon on the field, but Tag had calculated the abilities of his two pokemon into play as well: Both Tonbo and Kana possessed the "Own Tempo" ability, and were unable to be confused by any means. The enemy trainer's pokemon were now both confused, and Tag's remained perfectly sane.

Meanwhile, Tonbo glowed with a radiant blue aura for a moment before locking eyes with the already dizzy Gothitelle. Disable immediately locked off a section of her memory, disabling access to the Psyshock move she'd used last.

The enemy trainer clenched her fists in frustration: She'd hoped to sweep Taggarty Lee in a few rounds, but on his first move, he'd already proceeded to set her back on the defensive, despite no damage being done.

"Gothitelle, Future Sight. Samurott, Razor Shell on the Spinda!"

The Gothitelle nodded, looking through her muddled mind and drumming up the psychic energy for a future sight. Nothing visibly happened, but Tag knew from experience that she'd simply predicted an attack, that would now come to pass through precognition. It would come to pass because she willed it so. A terrifying ability indeed.

Meanwhile, the Samurott stumbled over himself, slamming his head into the ground. For all of his skill, Tag often relied heavily on luck as well, especially when using confusion gambits.

"Tonbo, use Amnesia. Kana, Psych Up on Tonbo!"

He had time for a little set up play now. His Slowpoke concentrated on what appeared to be...forgetting. Even with no discernible effects, Tag knew that Tonbo was clearing his mind into a Zen-like state, making special attacks less effective. Kana, meanwhile, used her Psych Up technique to copy the changes as well, clearing her mind in a way that would boost her own special defense as well.

"You a coward or what, you're not going to attack?" the girl taunted, pointing an accusing finger at Tag. Nothing came to Tag's face as he stared blankly back at her, giving her as little to read as possible. The combination of sharp eyes and multiple facial tattoos served their purpose, and the girl found herself a bit unnerved. Tag stood before her, back straight, hands in pockets, staring her down from across the field. "Uh...Gothitelle, Psyshock on the Spinda. Samurott, Razor Shell on Spinda!"

"Kana, Sucker Punch"

With speed surprising for a creature that stumbled over herself constantly, Kana launched forward, punching the Gothitelle in the face as she stumbled to remember how to perform Psyshock. With Tonbo's disable still in place, she hadn't been able to pull it off, and also got a solid dark type move in the face. As Kana fell away from her, the confusion-muddled Samurott's shell slash missed his intended target and slammed into his psychic teammate.

"Tonbo, Zen Headbutt."

As the Samurott reeled back in surprise from hitting his teammate, Tonbo slowly lifted himself off the ground using his own psychic energy, and threw himself into a flying headbutt, slamming heavily into the otter-thing. As Kana trotted back to Tag's side of the field triumphantly, Tonbo remained over on the girl's side, looking up at her with his adorable face.

"Uh...uh..."

"Breathe." Tag cut the girl's stammering off. "Clear your head and think how to handle this situation."

It sounded really condescending, due to his harsh tone of voice. However, this was his way of teaching. There was no time for fluff and praise when there was a problem to be faced. The girl drew a deep breath and suddenly pointed at the Slowpoke still situated happily on her side of the field.

"Samurott, Fury Cutter! Gothitelle! Faint Attack!"

Tag shook his head slowly. Fury Cutter was a deplorably weak attack unless it was used repeatedly, and Faint Attack lacked any power due to Gothitelle's lack of physical strength. She went for type advantage, true, but Tonbo had a pretty strong defense, and it would not do much damage.

"Tonbo, Slack off. Kana, Psycho Cut on Samurott!" Tonbo shrugged off the two attacks with his typical slowpoke indifference, then nestled happily onto the ground, appearing to take a little breather in the middle of the match. Ostensibly, he did nothing. In actuality, he was healing.

Meanwhile, Tag knew Kana to be short on offensive power, but still ordered a Psycho Cut. The Spinda's newly awakened move formed a psychic blade, which lanced through the air at the Samurott. It was a powerful move, even despite Kana's lack of offense. The creature slammed into the ground, just as a future sight came soaring out of the sky, landing on the resting Tonbo.

The attack was powerful, but Tonbo had upped his already impressive defenses earlier with Amnesia, and he seemed to also shrug this off.

"Gothitelle, use Flatter on Slowpoke! Samurott, Water Pulse on Spinda!"

Tag grinned. He watched as Gothitelle moved to flatter his Slowpoke to boost his special attack at the cost of his confusion...but as aforementioned, Tonbo's ability was Own Tempo.

The Slowpoke tilted his head at the Astral Body pokemon, not confused like she'd hoped, but blank as always. Meanwhile, the Water pulse struck Tag's Spinda, sending her spinning. It appeared that Samurott's Torrent ability had activated, because after just that blow, Kana was looking rather ragged.

"Kana! Tonbo! On the Samurott: Dizzy Punch! Zen Headbutt! " One of the few moves that gained the Same Type Attack Bonus, Kana toddled forward one more time and punched the Otter Pokemon square in the chest (Where she could reach), while Tonbo lanced forward glowing with his psychic aura, using himself as a body projectile. With a croak, the Samurott fell to the ground defeated.

"Gothitelle, Psybeam on Spinda!"

"Kana, Sucker Punch!" As the Astral Body pokemon started to charge up her power into a beam, Kana socked her a good one with her cute little paw once more. Before she could recover:

"Water Pulse!" A blast of water engulfed her and threw her to the ground. The gothitelle lay there, defeated from the powered up Water Pulse from the nearby Slowpoke. The girl recalled her two pokemon and frowned, running off to the pokemon center.

Tag stood, looking around at the makeshift crowd that had gathered around their battle. Slipping his hands out of his pockets, he knelt down to greet his two victorious pokemon. They still needed training, but he definitely enjoyed battling with them.

"Well done you two." Tag reached out, patting their heads as they smiled appreciatively up at him.

"Da." "Poke."

"Agreed." their trainer nodded, recalling them to their pokeballs to rest. He looked around once more at the crowd, and it appeared no one wanted to step forward at the moment. That was fine too, he figured. He was sure there'd be more trainers closer to the gym.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 29 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Three days earlier...

It was a typical, boring day for Jill Laurent. Though she had been raprimanded for missing a meeting a few days ago in Petropolis, her friends Erica and Matt vouched for her and she didn't lose her job over it. Though this was fortunate, it was an incredibly boring job. She was an accountant. It paid well, which was good, and it was more or less an honest living without the risk of being a professional pokemon battler.

"Hey, Jill," her boss, Rick, knocked on her cubicle wall to grab her attention.

She was running numbers on a spreadsheet as he walked in so she spun her chair to meet him. "Hey," she smiled. "What's up?"

"Was just wondering about the-"

"Ericson report?"

"Yeahp," Rick awkwardly said as he smiled. "You got that for me?"

"I gave it to Rachel," Jill said, referring to Rick's assistant.

"Right," Rick nodded. "Guess I should check with her before I ask you about it, huh?"

"Probably, yeah," she nodded in return. "Anything else?"

"Nope, that'll be it." He stood there for a second and then knocked twice on the same wall before walking off. Jill rolled her eyes and spun back around to face her computer before she was, yet again, interrupted, this time by her phone.

She picked it up and put it to her ear while still focusing most of her attention on the monitor in front of her. "Jill Laurent," she said somewhat absently.

"Hi, is this the Jill Laurent related to David Vaughn?"

It was an unfamiliar male voice, but it gave her pause. David was her ex-husband, father to her deceased child. "This is, uh," her eyes remained on her computer screen but her mind did not. "Yeah. That, uh, that's. Yeah, that's me. What, um?"

"Do you have a moment, Ms. Laurent?"

"I do."

"My name is Jeff Ingram, and I work with Miltank Farms Insurance. Mr. Vaughn has committed suicide. I'm very sorry to say it, ma'am. He does have you listed as his beneficiary to his-"

"David's," Jill began. "Hold on." She tried really hard to not let that damn tear roll out of her eye, but of course, the more she tried, the more it died and then both her eyes just started burning until she had no choice but to rub them, which had an undesired effect. "Why?"

"Um," Jeff said. "I don't know, ma'am. People do these things."

"You're with the insurance company?"

"Yes, ma'am,"

"When did he die?"

"It happened this morning."

"I, ah," she began, entirely unsure of how to react to this news. It was she, after all, who divorced him. He had been begging her to come back since she left. Asking why was dumb of her. She knew exactly why. David loved Jill and Ryan more than anything, and both of them left abuprtly. Suddenly, she felt a huge rush of guilt come over her.

"Are you there, Ms. Laurent?"

"Yes,"

"I'm sorry that I had to be the one to tell you. I assumed someone else already had."

"I don't really keep in touch with his family."

"Right. Well, I have the papers here. They need to be official so I can't fax them to you or do it over email. I can send them by mail, but if you're going to come to Kanto for the funeral anyway, it would be faster to just sign them when you get here."

"Well no one invited me to the funeral."

"I'm sure they're still making preparations, ma'am."

"Sure," Jill said. "Right. You're right. Yes. I'll do it. I'll come to Cerulean. That's where you're located, right?"

"Yes, ma'am," Jeff said. "I'll send you an email with all of our information. You just give me a call when you're in town and I'll meet up with you wherever is convenient with your check."

Today
With a newfound sense of freedom (financially speaking), Jill found herself having the desire to do things she couldn't normally do. She had the money to fall back on if doing those things failed, so why stay working as an accountant working for an incompetent asshole like Rick?

She didn't even bother with a two weeks notice: She bailed, immediately. She packed up some stuff and got Vinyl and Pele, her Belsprout and Ponyta respectively, and headed to the road. Challenging the Arasam gym wasn't a good place to start - That's where she lived. It required no traveling, which was, from what she could tell, half the fun of being a pokemon trainer.

So, she headed for the nearest non-Arasam Gym: Chloe, of Gigarte. And so, at age 28, Jill Laurent began her pokemon adventure. With her, she brought along fond memories of David and Ryan, both of whom she would never forget. But she wasn't going to let their deaths stop her from living the rest of her life as fully as possible.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Jan 29 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 56 338

Felisha's Team!

Vernon Blazena wandered through the crowd, wondering what was going on. He carried Razor, who was still injured from the battle with Tag Lee, but Joy had told him that he was ok for travel now, just not battling. When he reached the front, he witnessed the last moments of battle in which he heard the names Tonbo and Kana which he immediately recognized as the names of Tag's Spinda and Slowpoke. "Tag?!" He called out, breaking through the wall of the crowd edge and saw him standing there, face as tatooed as ever. "Tag!" He ran up to him.

Unaware to Vernon, since leaving Aridana, the Mudkip Vernon had followed him all the way to Gigarte. It kept its distance both day and night, always unsure what to do. Now it stood at the edge of the crowd, in full of Tag.

When they approached Tag, the Fire Pig started growling at Tag, due to his last memory of him. "Shhh... He's not evil, Razor. We went over this already. How have you been, Tag?" Vernon quieted Razor after which a cry of, "Lu?" was heard. Then, Indiana Jones the Riolu popped his head up from over Vernon's shoulder and, upon seeing Tag, leapt to him and embraced him around the neck. "Rio! Lu! Lu!"

--------------------
Awesome And Funny Quotes (click to show)

Rank 28 overall poster
Aug. 19 2009 rank 4 poster
Oct. 22 2009+dec. 23 2009+June 25 2010 rank 16 poster
March 22 2010 rank 13 poster
March 31 2010 rank 8 poster
June 26 2010 rank 7 poster
December 28 2013 rank 2 poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 30 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

A young voice called out to him. Tag looked around, confused. He wasn't exactly used to people calling out to him by name. He'd been around strangers for the most part in Gigarte, so a familiar voice sounding out caught him by surprise.

He heard a low growl and snapped his head in that direction, ready to defend himself. However, it was just Razor in the arms of...Vernon. Tag lowered his guard immediately, letting out a tiny breath of relief. Things had been so hectic in Gigarte, he hadn't really known too much peace since his arrival.

"Oh, Vernon. Razor. Hello." He blinked owlishly for a moment as he took a moment to fully recognize the boy and the fire pig. Before he had the chance to ask how Razor was, a small Riolu popped up behind Vernon. Using the child as a springboard, he vaulted over to Tag and latched on. Inwardly, Tag cooed at the adorable aura-puppy attached to him, and he scratched the little creature's back fondly. "Hello to you too, Indy."

Gently plucking the Riolu from around his neck, he cradled the baby fighting pokemon in his arms. It was only fitting that the pup liked Tag; he'd been present at the Pokemon's birth. He raised an eyebrow at the young boy, Vernon, who'd travelled from Aridana over to Gigarte, essentially in the footsteps Tag had taken.

The growl from Razor had been disconcerting, however. Unless Tag recalled incorrectly, Vernon had challenged Tag to a match and lost horribly. Even while instructing Suzu to hold back, her Mach Punch had wound up severely hurting the Tepig.

"I see Razor's doing better." Tag nodded to the Fire Pig, who unlike Indiana Jones, held an evident distaste for the tattooed trainer. "What brings you to Gigarte?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Jan 31 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"I just really wanted to actually start my Pokemon adventure and I've decided to challenge the Gigarte gym, just kind of call on the luck for which I get my nickname. Maybe train a bit. Speaking if which, do you want to battle? I want to see what I can learn from battling you this time. How about two each in a double battle?" Vernon waited for reply, Razor squirming violently in his arms, wanting to Tackle Tag in the face an break his nose, too.

This post has been edited by Big Bang Thundurus: Jan 31 2012, 08:37 AM

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 31 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag slowly sized Vernon up and down once again. The last time they'd battle, Razor had wound up seriously injured, despite Suzu's gentle touch. Nevertheless, it seemed that Vernon was interested in learning more about battling, which was always a good sign. Yet, Razor the Tepig seemed to glare at Tag angrily, as if blaming him for the bodily injury. Tag seemed a bit annoyed at that, considering that Vernon was the one who challenged Tag to a battle on a whim. However, Tag had no pokemon that would be any sort of decent match for the kid.

"Uh..."

He ran through the mental checklist. Suzu, Bachi, Tobi, Tonbo, Kana, Uchi. All of his pokemon on hand (and back in Johto), were probably far too powerful for Vernon and his team to handle. It would've been unfair, and there probably wasn't much for Vernon to learn except not to take on people with a staggering gap in ability.

"Last time we battled, Razor wound up very, very injured." Tag blinked, still holding Indiana Jones in his arms. "I'm sorry, but I think my pokemon might be a bit out of your league right now." Concern flashed across his eyes as he looked over at the Tepig again. "Especially if you're going to challenge the gym. You've got...Croagunk, Zorua and Indiana Jones, right? You'll need all three in order to compete."

The tattooed man looked down at Indy in his arms, while the Riolu stared happily back up at him. Was Vernon really intending to send a baby pokemon into a sanctioned gym match against Gym Leaders who didn't hold back? When facing both Vega and Otis, the two had thrown everything they had at him, and Tag had won each battle only very narrowly. Otis had even gone so far as to send a Charizard at him (and that was only after Tag had faced a formidable Dodrio and Darmanitan combo).

Continuing what was now turning into a lecture, Tag folded his arms: "You can't win a gym match on luck alone." Unfortunately, luck was what had contributed to a vast majority of Tag's victories in Furoh. He'd switched his playbook around since his Dragon Training days, and relied heavily on gambles and surprising combinations, rather then the brute power of his pokemon. "There has to be some level of preparation. What's your strategy going into this match?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 1 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill couldn't help but overhear Vernon's and Tag's conversation. She thought it convenient that, on her arrival to Gigarte, there was a powerful trainer accepting challenges. She didn't consider challenging him, of course, but she did enjoy watching pokemon battles, and she enjoyed seeing strategies that others employed. She wasn't a particularly powerful trainer herself, but she was smart and tactical minded, which goes a long way.

She thought it was strange, though, that he didn't take up the kid on his offer. Obviously, this man would win. He even knew he would win, and that was the exact reason he turned it down. But then, the kid said something about the Gigarte gym.

Jill had done some research. Chloe preferred Rock and Grass types, which was a poor matchup against Jill's Grass and Fire types. Still, this guy seemed like he knew a little more than her about pokemon battles, so any other strategic information would be helpful. Though, rather than stand to the side and eavesdrop, she decided to introduce herself like one of those "normal" human beings.

"Hi," she said approaching both of them, her hand held out to Tag first. "Sorry to interrupt, but I overheard you talking about Chloe, right? I was planning on challenging her myself."

After shaking hands with Tag she turned and offered the same to Vernon, just a kid. Of course, she knew he was a kid before she approached, so she had mentally prepared herself for shaking his hand. It did make her uncomfortable, being around kids in any type of scenario, but she figured she'd have to get used to it, being on a pokemon adventure now.

"I'm Jill, by the way."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 2 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Pleased to meet you Jill." Tag sized up the newcomer as she shook his hand. From what he could tell, she looked a little older than him, and had smooth hands. The latter indicated, if anything, that she was either new to adventuring, or went about it in a pampered way. He didn't see anything to confirm the latter, so he made the quick assumption that she was, in fact, a newbie.

"I'm Tag. You're welcome to join us, so we can all take the gym challenge together."

That was how normal people spoke, right?

He thought briefly about how he'd met all of the people in Furoh so far. He met Justin, Nate and Malcolm by helping them when they were in need (and was rightfully angry when it turned out that they were performing a misdeed). He'd met Raven and Cameron while fighting the Black Market to save contraband pokemon. He'd met Darryn Kellor and Pandora Gibbs when he nearly ate the latter's Cleffa. Then he met the rest of Team Steel (Alex Slasher, Douken Sota, Jaima Kuonji, Kaya Rovera, and Rose Fiore), while trying to save the world. Vernon had run up and challenged him to a battle.

This was probably the most normal introduction he'd ever encountered in Furoh, mostly because it involved talking and not much else. He wasn't sure if he liked it.

When it came to socializing, Tag's skills were exceptionally poor. When it came to socializing with women? Tag was nothing more than a great big lummox.

"So...since...this is a strategy meeting now," Tag wasn't quite sure how else to put it. "May I ask what pokemon you two are planning on using?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Feb 8 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

((I just laugh when I read your last post, Kamai and Tag thinks about how he met people and gets to Vernon. Every single time.))

"Well... Indy is still just a baby and Razor's not allowed to battle for another few days... So Zora, Ray and I'm going to try and catch another one," Vernon replied, Razor starting to stop squirming in his arms, settling for just violently glaring at Tag. "What about you, Tag? I'm guessing you're going to use Suzu? And you too, Jill. What do you have? By the way, I'm Vernon." He offers his hand.

This post has been edited by Big Bang Thundurus: Feb 8 2012, 09:29 PM

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 9 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

This Tag fellow seemed very proper, which Jill considered unfortunate. Clearly, he had some level of pokemon skill and his exterior appearance gave off a somewhat laid back vibe, but here he didn't seem even remotely interested in her acquaintance. People often did speak to her formally as she tended to dress that way, but today she was simply wearing jeans and a T-shirt. And a cowboy hat. Surely no one thought she was here on a business meeting.

Tag asked what pokemon she and the boy had, and he answered, though his answer was in the form of nicknames, which were of no use to her. They apparently knew each other, though, so maybe they meant something to Tag. When he offered Jill his hand, she took it and nodded politely. "Very nice to meet you, Vernon. I have two pokemon, a Ponyta and a Bellsprout, called Pele and Vinyl respectively. I was thinking that Vinyl would be effective against Chloe's Rock types and Pele could handle her Grass types."

These two seemed very different and she thought it was strange that they were so familiar. For starters, the age difference was particularly noticeable, but Vernon just reeked of excitement and enthusiasm, whereas Tag did not. Where did Jill fit into this group, she wondered, but shrugged it off.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 9 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag looked a bit concerned at Vernon's statement. Using a freshly caught pokemon in a gym battle was inviting disaster, especially if Chloe was anything like Vega or Otis. True, Tag had used Kyoko the day after he caught her, and it worked out fine. But it could've gone completely wrong. Tag was a veteran trainer with a rather exceptional grasp of battles. Vernon was not, and he had no idea about Jill. They weren't exactly teammates in the upcoming match, and there was even a chance that if Tag didn't go first, he could get a firsthand glimpse of Chloe's battle-style before he went up.

"I'm thinking Suzu, Tobi and Bachi." True, it was the same line-up that he had used against Otis, but it was an excellent gym-battle team, especially considering Rock and Grass types. "Oh, they're my Ledian, Vulpix and Nidoking, respectively" he added, for Jill's sake.

"That sounds like a good team, but..." Tag looked over to her "I've only been in two gym battles in Furoh, but each time I was asked to register three pokemon." It was nice to see, though, that Jill was already conscientious of the type match-up. "So...gym match aside, what brings you to Gigarte, Jill?"

The poor guy really was trying to force some pleasant chit-chat, which he really was horrible at. However, between meeting a new person, which wasn't exactly his forte, and dealing with a Tepig brimming with murderous intent, also not his forte, he had to do something.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 17 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #12

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

She paused for a moment when Tag asked her intentions. Of course, he was just being friendly, but she tended not to assume the best of people. She caught herself, though, and realized that he was just being awkward. "I, um," she began. "Basically just decided I didn't want to work in an office the rest of my life. So here I am, looking to live a dream I had since I was little."

She then thought a little on Tag mentioning that gyms usually required three registered pokemon. She didn't feel like having one less than normal, a handicap on no one but herself, would cause too many issues, but perhaps finding another pokemon wouldn't hurt terribly. More than likely, it would help her chances. "Anyway, you know of any places around the city where a girl might get herself a decent pokemon then? If I need three, I'll get a third."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 21 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Jill explained her intentions, as requested, and Tag couldn't help but feel a small note of admiration for the two people he was standing alongside. They had just started their pokemon journeys, in the same way he had over a decade before.

He wasn't quite sure how to respond to her statement, though, without sounding condescending.

"In all honesty, I don't know where to catch pokemon here." Tag shrugged. It was his second trip down into the depths of Gigarte, and he'd caught one pokemon here...from a circus. "You guys might have better luck back up above ground."

About to make the suggestion to head back topside, Tag suddenly found his attention occupied at a high volume of screams emanating from nearby.

Looking to Jill, then Vernon, he nodded wordlessly at them before taking off in the direction of the cacophony. From his time adventuring around the world, he figured that the two of them would follow him, because that's just how people did things. He wouldn't blame either of them for not following, of course, but silently, he hoped he'd have their help in case something was afoot.

Mostly, he dreaded running into the three Team Deception members he'd met just yesterday. Seeing not only their powerful pokemon, but one members' incredible amounts of cunning and smarts made him both worry that it wasn't a battle he wanted to run headlong in to. At his side, both Kana and Tonbo were probably worn from the battle earlier, which left him with four fully rested pokemon at his command.

He arrived in an area commonly known as Tiagiate Square, which he identified as an area he'd searched for Raven in. It wasn't too far from the Circus wherein he'd run into Justin and some loudmouthed kid wannabe rockstar named Seiccan. He'd also met the aforementioned Tonbo there, and he wasn't about to show his face in the circus after the commotion he'd caused before.

To his surprise, Tiagiate square seemed...overrun with pokemon. They seemed to be running amok, and coming from the direction of the circus. A slow smile spread across his face, simply because he hoped it was the handiwork of a certain Justin Smart.

The smile quickly faded as he noticed that the pokemon were panicking, and essentially attacking everything in sight, relying on their baser instincts to flee and attack anything that moved near them. They had to be subdued, and they had to be taken to the proper authorities. As smart as pokemon were, Tag doubted that a panicking creature would figure out that they were deep underground in a city that offered little to no escape.

"Bachi, Uchi, let's go!"

The two pokemon appeared on the field, Bachi roaring in delight at the sight of what appeared to be a grand melee before him, and Uchi calmly standing there, eying the situation carefully.

"Well, if you wanted to catch a pokemon, this looks like a good chance." Tag crossed his arms, watching as the pokemon moved about willy nilly. There was no point in chasing them around and further agitating them; he'd hold them off here.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Feb 22 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

((Ok! Ready to post now!))

Vernon dashed after Tag, hollering to Jill, "Folllow the man! He knows what he's doing!" Then Vernon saw the scene. "Go! Zora!" Out popped his Zorua, disguised as a Tepig for a moment. "What going on?!" Vernon called to Tag. "Hey!" Vernon was tackled by a Meditite. "Zora! Get this off of me! Scratch!"

Zora charged and leapt, bringing down a claw. She knocked the Meditate Pokemon clean off, who immediately retaliated with Confusion. However, Zora shrugged it off with ease. The Meditite, stunned and confused, just started biding. "Pursuit!" Vernon relayed to Zora upon getting up. She tackled the Meditite with all she had and knocked it flying, yet it didn't faint. "Scratch!" Zora brought the claw down again, but it still didn't faint. Then it retaliated, knocking Zora flying and crashing into Vernon whilst the Illusion faded. When Vernon looked up, he saw the swirls in the eyes of Zora.

"Return! Go! Ray Mk III! Astonish!" There was a flash of red and then a flash of white, in which cackles were heard before the Toxic Mouth Pokemon charged, slapping the Meditite, fainting it from its own low HP. "Shoot... I'm going to need another Pokemon in this fight..."

Suddenly, a cry of, "Pawniard!" was heard by Vernon, who whirled around. There stood a small, humanoid Pokemon with a body of blades. "Pawni! Ard! Ard!" It shouted at him. "Ray Mk! Mud Slap" A jetison of mud, dirt, sand and grime shot towards the Sharp Blade Pokemon. It took it, getting pushed back a few steps. It then launched itself forward and slashed at the Croagunk, striking it across the head. "Astonish!" Ray's eyes went insane. He then slapped the Pawniard across the face, knocking it over. It was about to strike, but flinched instead. Vernon tossed a Pokeball at it, bouncing off its head before pulling it in. It wobbled once, then again and one more time. Then a soft Ping! was heard. Vernon picked up the ball and just murmured, "Ulrich."

Meanwhile, when Vernon was knocked over, Razor wriggled free of his arms and ran over and attempted to bite Tag's ankle in his mischievious hate.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 26 2012, 02:35 AM
Post #15

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

In Jill's line of work, hearing terrified screams typically meant running in the opposite direction. But, apparently, when one is a pokemon trainer, one loses all sense of...Sense. Both Tag and Vernon ran in the direction of what appeared to be madness, with what could only be described as enthusiasm.

"I don't, uh-" She began, but her preamble to protest remained unheard as both Tag and Vernon had already gone. Then, she shrugged. She was a pokemon trainer, now, after all, an occupation typically inhabited by preteens with inherent hero complexes. She lacked one of those, but figured she may as well play the game.

She found herself side by side with Tag as he suggested she catch one a third pokemon in the panic. She could tell that these were, in fact, wild pokemon, and angry ones at that. Most of them were out of their natural habitats, meaning they were brought here against their wills. What Tag said made so much sense, perhaps more than he knew. At some point, something would have been done to stop the mayhem, but getting all these pokemon back to their natural habitats was far too much of a hassle for any bureaucratic government to handle. The plain, sad truth was, they'd probably be put down if not tamed. Luckily, there was a quick, easy way to tame a wild pokemon, which leads us back to Tag's suggestion.

"Yeah," she said, plainly.

She looked over to see that the boy, Vernon, had already thrust himself into the fray, and so she figured she'd do the same. Before even selecting a target, she summoned the stronger of her two pokemon, Pele, her childhood Ponyta. She began to whinny in the commotion. "Hey, girl," Jill said, soothingly, rubbing the back of Pele's neck. "Hey hey hey, it's alright. These pokemon are scared and they're mad, but we're gonna try to calm some of them down, alright? The best way we know how."

There were pokemon all around, but finding a target Pele could take was important. It wouldn't do any good to send her in against a Water type, but she didn't want to call her back just for a type disadvantage. Instead, she'd seek out a fight where she knew she had the advantage.

She felt a chill fill the air and noticed, not too far away, a teddy bear type pokemon spewing its cold breath in every direction around it with no particular target in sight. Indeed, it was spinning around angrily, shouting, jumping, sneezing and using its precious PP just to throw some sort of tantrum. This was not the kind of pokemon Jill was looking to capture, but she had to start somewhere. This one would simply be knocked out.

"See that Cubchoo, Pele?" She calmly nodded her head towards it.

"Nyta!" Pele began scratching the ground with her right front hoof.

"Flame Charge."

She charged towards the icy teddy bear, the fire covering her back intensifying and eventually engulfing her as she ran. She left a blazing trail behind her, which served to enhance her speed. By the time she collided with the Cubchoo, she had gained so much momentum that it was knocked all the way into the adjacent building. It wasn't out, but it was hurt. Pain was not, however, Jill's goal. "Don't let up! Flame Charge, again!"

As Pele ran for another attack, the Cubchoo honed in on its target. Like most Ice types, it had access to at least one Water attack: Brine. The attack was not used to its full potential, as its executioner style effect deals increased damage to wounded targets, which Pele was not. It was, however, effective against her Fire type and still had some power behind it. It was enough to hurt her, which meant if it was allowed to get another attack off, it would do a whole lot more damage and likely knock her out.

Unfortunately for the Cubchoo, it would not get another attack off. Pele was already a fast pokemon, but Flame Charge boosted her speed so much that he didn't get the chance to even prepare another Brine before getting kicked with a fiery hoof again. This one knocked it over and out.

And with that, the chill left the air, but, in its place, an intense heat. She didn't notice before because of the Cubchoo's Icy Wind making it colder, but there was a reason for the heat, and it was there the whole time: Everything was very bright. She looked up at the artificial lighting and noticed it was being intensified somehow. Maybe, she thought, this had something to do with it.

"Tag," she sought him out, "Did you notice the lighting?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 27 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag had heard Vernon ask him about the mess happening around them, but before he could even muster a reply, Vernon entered battle with a Meditite.

As the boy fell away from him, Razor sprang free and made a mad dash towards Tag, who seemed oblivious to the Tepig's advance. Bachi, however, stomped down heavily on the ground in front of Razor, stopping him in his tracks. Breathing heavily through his nostrils, he glared angrily down at the little creature.

Tag raised an eyebrow questioningly, then figured he had more interesting things to do in the situation than deal with an irritable Tepig.

"Uchi, Stealth Rock."

Noting the layout of Tiagiate Square, Tag pointed to main entrance from which the wild pokemon entered. He had little doubt in his mind that this swarm of pokemon had all come from the Circus. The thought swelled his heart with pride for someone he now considered an ally. Promises kept were nice, and Tag found that he readily enjoyed the sensation.

Vernon's quick battle ended with the Meditite unconscious and a strange metal-blade-man captured. Jill, commanding a very pretty Ponyta, managed to take out a Cubchoo with little to no effort. Tag had not expected the Ponyta to be that strong, but Jill pointed out that the lighting seemed off.

"It does seem a bit brighter." He looked around, nodding in assent. "If I had to wager a guess, I'd say Sunny Day."

That made sense, Ponyta's Flame Charge attack had been boosted, and combined with the STAB and type advantage, Cubchoo had stood little chance.

Another wave of pokemon charged through the entrance, some simply fleeing while others attacked anything they came across. The Stealth Rock barrier worked wonders weakening the pokemon as they came through. Tag watched as a team of two Shinx and a Luxio burst through, cringing as the rocks dug into their hides. Seeing Tag, they began to spark and flash threateningly, charging towards him.

"Bachi, Earth Power. Uchi, Rock Slide!"

Bachi reared back, facing the three oncoming enemies. Their full body Spark attacks barely faced the Poison Pin King. They fell back, a bit dazed, and watched as the Nidoking slammed his arm into the ground. The earth underneath them, in turn, slammed upwards in a jutting pillar, throwing the trio skywards. With little ability to dodg,e Uchi's Rock slide slammed hard into them, throwing them painfully to the ground.

They recovered quickly, though, and retaliated with equal swiftness. Bachi found himself struck by two leers from the Shinx. He felt his defenses crumbling somewhat as the cute little kitten stared him down. The larger, more powerful Luxio burst forward in what was more than likely a Quick Attack, which dealt a surprising amount of damage.

"Bachi, use Counter." Lunging forward, Bachi caught the Luxio on the retreat, knocking it out with a hit that redoubled all of Quick Attack's damage back onto the offender. Luxio fell and did not rise. This seemed to agitate the two smaller Shinx, who immediately bounded towards Bachi, trying to bite him.

"Uchi, Rock Throw." As the Shinx duo retreated after their successful hits, Bachi found that he couldn't quite move forward, and that because of the leers, his defenses weren't up to snuff. Then it hit Tag, Shinx's normal ability: Intimidate. Even the little kitties and their larger Luxio friend probably all possessed intimidate, which essentially negated the Nidoking's power in general. He was fighting at half his capacity or lower, and it showed. Counter had been a lucky call, and Tag wasn't sure if he could keep making those.

As the Shinx struggled to regain their footing, a large rock flew towards them, flinging them backwards. Tag sighed as the Shinx pair slumped to the ground, wishing that he'd thought to catch one of them, rather than simply brutalizing them.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Mar 2 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"Ok! Ulrich!" The Sharp Blade Pokemon reappeared before him and bowed, at perfect attention like a veteran soldier on his his final, vital mission. "Ray! Take a break. Huh? Hey! Razor! Where are you?! Come here! Ray, come back out!" The Pokemon came out and stared at Vernon, a nunplussed look on his face. "Guys! Razor ran off! Split up and meet back here! Indy!" The pup's head popped up from behind his shoulder. "You're staying with me!" With that, they split off into the crowd, hoping for any sign of the Fire Pig.

At another place, but the same time, Razor waas flung into the air by Bachi's defensive stomp and flew straight over Vernon's head as he passed, who wouldn't of noticed if it weren't for Razor's terrified squealing. "Huh? Talk about when pigs fly... Razor!" Vernon gasped and reached out desperately for Razor, but he just barely slipped through hs sweaty fingers and landed on the back of a raging Staraptor, going by unnoticed.

Vernon plowed through Pokemon after Pokemon to the Staraptor. "Ray Mk! Ulrich!" They rushed through the stampede more easily and swiftly from their size. They reached him and immediately, he ordered, "Attack that Staraptor! Be careful of Razor, though!" But, before they could make their advance, the Staraptor saw them and swooped low in a full powered Steel Wing, Razor hanging on for dear life. It knocked them both unconscious and went straight for Vernon, then. He recalled Ulriich, Ray Mk III and Indiana Jones moments before the collision, no hope of evasion in sight. The balls strapped to his belt, it hit him and knocked Razor's Pokeball free wghich then landed at Tag's feet. In the process, the Staraptor snipped the belt in one place and carried it off as a victory prize, flying above the ruckus to flaunt it to all. As he was hit, Vernon heard the sound of several ribs breaking along with one forearm. Then, he blacked out.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 5 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #18

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Sunny Day," Jill nodded at Tag's hypothesis. It made sense, but more importantly, it made sense on her team. She had Vinyl, a Bellsprout with Photosynthesis, making it incredibly agile in the sun, as well as Pele, a Ponyta, whose Fire Attacks and Morning Sun were boosted.

"Pele," she said to her Ponyta. "You're stronger than normal. You feel it, right?" She neighed in response. "Yeah. It's because it's so bright out and so your Fire attacks are amplified. How'd you like us to have this advantage all the time?" Another neigh. "Do you think you can find the source of it?"

Pele whinnied and began trotting in one direction as Jill followed. Of course, there were wild pokemon all around, but there were other trainers trying to diffuse the situation as well as Tag and Vernon, so they were able to move quietly in the surrounding chaos. Eventually, they felt the heat intensify and Pele's mane flared up for a moment. They saw an open cage and on the other side of it were a Vulpix and a Growlithe rolling around playfully.

Well, it looked playful. The truth was, they were fighting, but they were both young and without proper guidance, this is what came out. "Do you know which one used Sunny Day?" Jill, herself, couldn't tell, but she knew Pele would be able to feel the heat pulsating from one of them. She neighed in the affirmative (Jill knew what it sounded like) and Jill nodded. "Good. Knock out the other one. Use Stomp."

She intervened in the adorable little struggle with her (relatively) large hoof. She whinnied and when she came down, both the Growlithe and Ponyta backed away to avoid the stomp. Immediately, they both turned their attention to the stronger aggressor and teamed up. The fox and the hound both leaped towards the horse, who quickly turned around and bucked backwards, allowing the full force of her hooves to hit the Growlithe and simply taking the hit from the Vulpix, signifying that it was Vulpix who had used Sunny Day.

She turned back around and stomped down in the direction of the Vulpix, but intentionally missed, simply forcing it to jump back. During this time, however, Growlithe charged forward and bit down, hard, onto Pele's leg. She whinnied and whimpered and bucked, but the dog refused to let go. During the wildness, Vulpix jumped to join the fray, but was quickly kicked aside. It hit the ground and slid a little bit, but it was still moving. Clearly, it had been injured, which was unfortunate, but even more unfortunately, Pele was being hurt too. Trying to not hurt an opponent was clearly very difficult, especially when being assaulted by two.

Jill called out Vinyl, her Bellsprout. "Vinyl, use-" She didn't get a chance to finish her command as the light from the artificial sun condensed and charged into the plant pokemon like a beam. "Is this-" She began, thinking (hoping) it was the infamous Solar Beam. The light around Vinyl grew so intense, Jill had to squint and then look away altogether. When she turned back, she saw that he had evolved into a Weepinbell, apparently brought on by the sun. "Good," she smiled. "Use Sleep Powder on the Growlithe,"

He didn't hesitate and was clearly eager to try out his attacks with his new, more powerful body. He spewed forth his spores, which were inaccurate and imprecise. They hit both Pele and Growlithe, but it was worth it, because he stopped biting her and it allowed Jill to call her back. Then, she walked over to the Vulpix, whimpering on the ground. It looked up at her, its eyes wide in its confusion. "Welcome aboard," Jill said, dropping an empty pokeball onto the Vulpix. It absorbed her and wiggled as pokeballs tend to do. Ultimately, however, the Vulpix was too weak to put up much of a fight.

She noticed that the brightness hadn't died down, and figured it would eventually. Sunny Day doesn't last forever, after all. "We better get back to the main fight," she said to Vinyl. "Come on."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 7 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

As Jill wandered off to find the potential source of the Sunny Day user, Tag swept his eyes over the battlefield again. He saw a few more pokemon running about, being engaged by various trainers who had sprang into the defense of Tiagiate Square. Many of them had captured the panicking pokemon, but a few, like the Luxio and the two Shinx were fainted on the ground.

Tag turned his attention and noted that lone little Mareep appeared to have engaged two rather large Machoke. They swung their arms dangerously around at the little sheep, trying to flatten it with sheer power. Tag noted the surprising agility displayed by the electric pokemon as it dodged the attacks. Mareep, he knew, were rather slow pokemon, and didn't quite move with that sort of grace.

Since everyone else appeared to be catching pokemon, Tag figured that it wouldn't hurt to add an electric-type pokemon to his team. Well, that, and the Mareep was just...adorable.

Bachi's defenses were rather low, due to the last fight, and Uchi was weak against the powerful fighting techniques, so Tag recalled them both. In one neat sweep of his hand, he clipped their pokeballs back into the belt while producing the pokeballs for Suzu and Tobi.

The Five-Star Pokemon and the Six-Tailed Fox appeared on the field, immediately taking in the sights of the battles raging on around them.

"Those Machokes are your targets. Suzu, Acrobatics. Tobi, Flamethrower!" Tag's orders were a bit more offensive than usual. As a battler, he enjoyed employing strategies and combinations rather than simply using brute force. However, time was of the essence: He had to save the Mareep if he wanted to be able to catch it. That meant eliminating the Machokes first, then weakening the Mareep.

Scared by the appearance of the two new pokemon, Mareep immediately fired off a Thundershock and Suzu. However, being mid-Acrobatics, she made a poor target, and just continued on to land a slamming hit on one of the Machoke. Tobi's Sunny Day-Boosted-Flamethrower, meanwhile, wrapped around the other Machoke, shoving it backwards a bit.

As Tag moved closer to the battle, he noted that the Mareep had probably used a move like Agility, which was, admittedly, pretty cool.

"Suzu, hold them off with Silver Wind!" The two Machoke swung wildly at the buzzing Suzu, but their attacks were largely ineffective: Swatting a flying pokemon was not amongst the strengths of fighting types.

"Tobi, Hypnosis on the Mareep."

Confused at changing targets, but nevertheless obeying the orders, Tobi turned and stared his new opponent right in the eye. His own chestnut eyes glowed a bright blue, locking deep into the brain of the Mareep. Blinking, its eyes suddenly drooped, then it slowly sank to the floor and began to snore gently.

Tag walked over and tapped it with a pokeball, sucking the little creature in. Evidently, the fight with the Machoke had gone on for awhile, that the Mareep made virtually no effort to escape the pokeball, even in her sleep.

Meanwhile, the Machoke duo slowly backed off, realizing that Tobi and Suzu were potentially difficult enemies. As they turned, they found themselves face to face with a Gothitelle.

"Gothitelle, Psyshock!"

Tag recognized the voice as the girl he'd fought earlier. One Machoke fell to the ground, defeated, while the other disappeared in a red flash. A ping was heard, and Tag watched as the girl appeared to claim her new capture. With a haughty smirk, she turned and ran off to find more opponents, with her Gothitelle floating behind her.

Tag found the smirk rather annoying, probably because he read: "I caught a Machoke, and you caught a Mareep. Blah Blah Blah. Nyah Nyah Nyah." Honestly, he wasn't that great at summing up what other people said. The Vox Populi in his head was rather stupid sounding, after all.

As he turned to look for Vernon and Jill, he watched the former get knocked out cold by a Staraptor...with Razor on his back.

Tag had not noticed that Bachi's stomping had flung Razor into the air. Once again, even though the intent of his pokemon was not to injure the Tepig, the fire pig wound up hurt anyways.

Grunting annoyedly as Tag ran over to the scene, he checked to see if Vernon was, at least, alive. For someone nicknamed "Luck Truck", the kid was incredibly unlucky. Last time, he'd fainted in the middle of a fight due to a PTSD flashback, and this time, he'd been knocked unconscious by a Staraptor.

Tag looked up, realizing that it was now his duty to rescue Razor. He also hadn't noticed that Razor's pokeball had landed at his feet earlier, so really, his only plan was to take down the Staraptor.

"Suzu, Agility. Catch up to that Staraptor and grab Razor. Tobi, Psych Up with Suzu. Be ready to use Flamethrower once Razor's clear!"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 14 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #20

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill made her way back to Tag, who seemed to be occupied in a mission other than knocking out wild pokemon. He was focused on a Staraptor, which had seemingly grabbed another pokemon, a Tepig. For Tag to be so focused on it meant it had some significance. Granted, Tepig was a somewhat rare pokemon.

She wanted to get in good with this guy, though, since it appeared he was somewhat of an expert on this whole pokemon thing. "I think I can help," she greeted Tag with a nod. On her way back to the main part of the battle, she did a quick scan of her newly captured Vulpix (who she had yet to name), and learned a few things, notably that she (it was a she) had the attack Fire Spin.

She summoned the Vulpix and pointed up to the Staraptor, with a Tepig on its back and a Ledian on its tail. "Use Fire Spin on the bird," she said to her new partner. The beauty of Fire Spin was that it was a relatively weak attack, so it would do little damage to the Tepig, which already resisted the Fire elemental attack, but it would ensnare the Staraptor and keep it from flying away.

Vulpix looked over to Tobi, who was trying to speed himself up in the same way Suzu had, then she looked up at Jill, then to Staraptor. She huffed and puffed and blew a thin stream of flame towards her target.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.