Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Ghostly Calls From The House of Nightmares
ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Jul 8 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #1

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

The Ghostly Calls From The House of Nightmares

Illusion and Buff were feeling energetic as ever, they had a good night's sleep and were ready to continue traveling with Nate to Arasam. Illusion the Zorua kept changing into an imitation of Buff the Aron and then he would change back to his normal Zorua form. He enjoyed having such a unique ability and his best friend Buff had the same mind-set as him. Aron and Buff were a pair of loyal, fun loving pokemon who enjoyed being with their trainer Nate. Finally arriving in Arasam after a few solid days of traveling gave Nate a sense of accomplishment. They had been walking constantly, only taking an occasional break to rest. Walking into the center of town was daunting, eyes were turning to look at Nate and his two companions with awe. The facial expressions the residents of Arasam had on their faces was one of hope and prosperity. Nate was shocked to have so many pairs of eyes looking at him at one time, had they never seen a guy with green hair before.

Nate smirked and begun to scratch at his scalp covered by his spiky green hair. All this traveling would pay off soon when he would go to the local Gym to challenge the leader Otis for a badge. Confidence was radiating from Nate as he smiled at Illusion and Buff, they had gotten much stronger since rescuing the girl's bad in Port Barley from some thieves. In his mind Nate could still remember he and another guy known as Hunter had helped the girl get her precious backpack filled with personal items back. Nate's experience with the guy known as Hunter wasn't so good, he seemed like a cocky self-minded brat. Nate found a nearby water fountain in the center of town and sat on the edge of it, making sure he didn't get wet. Nate, Illusion and Buff were taking a quick rest to let their legs heal from the amount of walking they had done.

This post has been edited by Night Warrior: Jul 8 2012, 11:50 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 13 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

the ads looked very promising. The city in the mountains with their own Contest Hall getting ready for another show with their Hall Leader, Troy ready for new challenges on his dance floor of an arena. Sure, it would be a lot simpler to fight on than Carmen's floating platforms, but the stage was perfect for a concert! And being behind on Cesc, he had to play catch-up, even if it means forgetting about training and rushing to the next show.

Ever since the boat ride back to Barley, Seican's mind has been focused on one thing: what song should he play next and with who. The answer was obvious though; He was going to stand out even more with a Tough performance, which seems to be one highly ignored for the pretty and flashy.Who else better shows it off than Drummer? Combat... he will figure that out later. Seican still needed a heavy song! So as he traveled to the mountains, Drummer by his side (trying more to ignore the noise than get in-tune with it). Within two week's time, he was able to reach the mountainous city of Arasam.

"Duuuude, now this is sweet!" Seican called out, checking out the black slate buildings. It was as if the entire city was part of the mountain! "This is going to be fun... Now then, are you ready to rock this place, Drummer?!" The Makuhita replied with an annoying glare, fists together the entire way as if trying to meditate. "I get it, i get it. How about we grab a bite to eat before we go sign up? I think the next Contest is tomorrow and I am starving!"

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jul 14 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

Hunter let out a sigh as he finally made his way into the city of Asaram. It had taken him 3 days of walking, with the occasional pit stop for food and nightly accommodations, but he had finally gotten there. He made his way over to a boulder just off the path leading into Asaram to take a breather and to hang out in the shade for a while. His raggy, red t-shirt was soaking from the immense amount of sweat that Hunter's body was giving off. Hunter reached over to his bag and grabbed his water bottle, unscrewing the cap before handing it to Bandit, who took hold of it before taking a brief sip of the crisp water before giving it back to Hunter so he could have some for himself.

After putting the water bottle back into its pouch, Hunter took a short look at the city. Nothing out of the ordinary, a PokeCenter, PokeMart, some residential areas, shops, and an abandoned, worn down building that just gave off a eerie feeling. Hunter got onto his feet once again, signaling to his Aipom that it was time to go. Bandit jumped and clung onto Hunter's arm as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. As they entered into the city, Hunter couldn't help but to notice a green haired kid sitting on the town center fountain. '

Hunter muttered several curses under his breath. He recognized the boy as Nate, a kid who had helped him catch a thief in Barley. "What the heck is this clown doing here?" the teenager whispered to himself, before ducking behind a trainer's Hariyama as Nate looked in his direction. "I need to find a way to avoid this kid..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Jul 14 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #4

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Nate was keenly observing Arasam, it wasn't the most flash town he had ever seen, but for a city that was basically a part of the mountain it was well on standard. The residents weren't doing anything interesting enough for Nate to care, but he happened to notice two people walking into town. One was a guy with black long hair who was walking along with a Makuhita and the other Nate recognized straight away. Hunter Price. That buffoon had followed him here, as long as he kept out of Nate's way he didn't care.

Avoiding Hunter was the first thought that come to Nate's head, and he was positive he could ace that goal. Feeling his stomach make sounds he knew he felt hungry, not having breakfast this morning wasn't the smartest idea Nate had. Looking around Nate noticed a cafe, just what he was looking for. A nice hot chocolate and and bite to eat would lift the spirits, the aura Arasam gave of was a dull one. Nate stood up and signaled towards the cafe as Buff and Illusion begun to race each other towards their next pit-stop.

Nate was walking towards the cafe when he noticed an eerie looking house, something wasn't right about it. Maybe checking it out wouldn't hurt, but that would come after his stomach was full of food. Hopefully the cafe owners would be able to tell Nate more about the town and the eerie house nearby. Excitement was building for Nate knowing that soon enough he would be challenging the local Gym leader Otis, but there was no rush, the gym wasn't going anywhere.

Nate walked into the cafe and sat at a table in the corner of the room, everyone else who was inside the room was paying no attention to him. Walking towards him was a waitress, she handed Nate the local newspaper and a menu of food and drinks. Nate observed the list for a few moments, the waitress wasn't very patient as she tapped her right foot against the wooden floor. Once Nate knew what he wanted to eat he looked up to the waitress and said,

"Could I please get a hot chocolate, a meat pie and some PokéChow for my pokemon."

The waitress rushed her handwriting over a small notepad in her hand as she didn't reply to him, instead she put a number on his table and walked into the kitchen. What was wrong with the people of Arasam, they seemed scared, about what though. Nate looked at Buff and Illusion as they sat on the floor, content with the scent the cafe gave off, he then picked up the newspaper off the table and begun to read it from the first page.

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jul 14 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

Hunter waited a couple of moments before peering out from behind the Fighting type, who merely turned his head and looked back at him. Much to his surprise, Nate was no longer sitting on the fountain, so Hunter made his way over to a bench and took a seat. He reached over to his belt and unclipped the two PokeBalls that were on there before releasing Skorupi and Hitmontop.

"Alright guys, lunch time!" Hunter exclaimed as his stomach growled. Aipom did a jump for joy as his trainer grabbed a bag out of his backpack with each Pokemon's favorite snack.. The PokeChow, apple, and Moo-moo milk based Protein bar, for Bandit, Skorupi, and Hitmontop respectively, were all sorted nicely in miniature Ziploc bags, along with Hunter's sandwich. As Hunter munched on his lunch, he noticed Bandit playing around with his lunch as opposed to eating it. The Monkey Pokemon threw several chunks of PokeChow into the air before preforming a back flip and launching a Swift attack at the food as it was in air, much as in the fashion of skeet shooting.

Hunter was about to scold his Pokemon before a gentlemen approached him, with a rather depressed looking Elekid trailing not to far behind. The man was in his mid to upper 30's and, despite the hot temperature, was dressed in a full black suit equipped with a bright red tie. "Excuse me," the man said. "My name is Gerard. I couldn't help but to notice that your Aipom over there was preforming some very impressive contest like moves. Have you entered him in any contests?"

Hunter nodded his head. "Not yet. I'm more of a Gym Battle type of person." Hunter said, glaring at the Elekid behind Gerard. "Hm..." Gerard pondered at the news. "Then would you mind if I proposed something? You see, my dear Elekid here, I caught him about two weeks ago. I thought I could use him in some truly... shocking.... performances, but he seems to not have the tolerance for contests. So what I propose is that we could have a trade. My Elekid for your Aipom?"

Hunter looked over towards Bandit, who slowly crawled over towards his trainer as he heard the discussion. The Aipom had a goofy grin on his face. "Well, I mean Bandit here was my first Pokemon. It'd be pretty hard to let go of him. But if that's what he wants then I guess that's what best for him." He once again looked at the Monkey Pokemon. "Is that what you want, Bandit?" The Aipom clapped his hands and did a back flip, signifying that he was content with being traded.

"Well then, there's your answer. Bandit can go with you, Gerard." Hunter sighed as he said it. "I'm glad you came to this decision. Here here, Bandit!" Gerard signaled to his shoulder as he extended his arm towards Bandit, who in response ran up his arm and sat down upon the gentleman's shoulder. "Thank you for your business. Here's Elekid's PokeBall. Beware though, he won't warm up to you quick." And with that, Gerard turned around and walked off into the distance, with Bandit on his shoulder and waving to his former trainer. "Well that's that." Hunter turned his attention to the Elekid, who hadn't moved a muscle since he had approached Hunter with Gerard.

"Alright grumpy, back into your PokeBall. I'll deal with you later."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 14 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE

It took Seican a moment to look around before noticing the cafe. Thinking its one of the popular places from the commercials, he stormed in, yelling out, "Get ready some Tauros ribs, cause I am starving over here!"There, he was greeted by a collection of stairs before one of the local townsfolk saying the Charizard Maw was on the other side of town. Wait... really? God damn it!" he let off a miserable sigh before choosing to eat here anyways since they are already there, not like Drummer cared.

Given a menu and a seat, he quickly skimmed it over. "Alright, how about the grilled chicken sandwich with grilled onions and seasoned fries?" The waitress nodded before looking at the Makuhita, asking how many trays of chowhe would need. "Just enough for these five." Pulling out four more Pokeballs, the area of the room got filled up fast with the added Loudred, Ariados, Maractus, and Castform. The woman stepped back a little before quietly heading off for the orders. "What's her issue? Afraid of spiders?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Jul 15 2012, 05:33 AM
Post #7

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

"Get ready some Tauros Ribs, cause I am starving over here!"

Nate raised his head from the paper he was reading to see the guy walking into town from before, the one with long black hair, he certainly seemed to be the energetic type of guy. Nathan kept his eye on the guy as he observed the pokemon he was releasing. He already had a Makuhita outside of it's pokeball and he proceeded to release a Loudred, Ariados, Maractus and a Castform. The guy certainly seemed to have an abundance of pokemon, three more then Nate had, but Nate was content with his two partners Illusion the Zorua and Buff the Aron. Shrugging the thoughts off Nate dove his face back into reading the newspaper.

Nate turned the newspaper to it's back page, and what he saw was the eerie house he had noticed before he entered the Cafe. The title was 'Mysterious On-Going's at the House of Nightmares'. A capturing title for anyone, certainly for people who weren't residents of Arasam. Nate delved into the text, it seemed as though weird sounds had been coming from the house and lights had been flickering constantly, some people had even reported sightings of ghosts just by looking through the windows from the distance. Nate personally didn't believe in ghosts, but he knew there was a possibility that the mysterious happening of the haunted house were being cause by ghost type pokemon. Once Nate was finished reading the paper he placed it on the table as he scanned the quiet room and the people inside.

Nate went into a dazed state as he found a pretty girl with blonde hair that he couldn't take his eyes off, although his conscious returned to reality as the waitress arrived at his table as she placed the cup of steaming hot chocolate with a marshmallow next to the newspaper and his meat pie in the middle of the table. She then placed two bowls of PokéChow on the floor in front of Illusion and Buff respectively. Before leaving Nate's table the waitress caught the page the newspaper had been left on, she was trying to ignore it as she was walking back to the kitchen, but Nate caught her as he said,

"Mam, this 'House of Nightmares'. Surely someone has ventured to check the house out by now right?"

The waitress shocked and caught off guard by Nate's sudden outcry of speech, she stood still for a few moments absorbing what he had said before she walked back over to his table. It seemed most of the people in the Cafe had turned and were now looking at him, such judgmental people they were. As the waitress arrived back at Nate's table she said,

"It's a haunted house that has scared alot of the residents of Arasam away, although the occasional adventurer has stopped by to check it out, but they haven't returned from the house, so we anticipate they are..."

Nate knew her next word as he shook his head sadly, it seemed like the adventurers had been to cocky and had the idea that their heroism would make them famous. An idea came to Nate's head as he looked around the room, it seemed no one else had their pokemon out of their pokeballs other then the long black haired guy and himself. Nate knew his idea, and he wanted to try it out, he had time before his gym battle to waste and it wouldn't hurt him to try and solve the mystery of the haunted house. Nate's idea was working as a team, he didn't care who he worked with but if it was with someone with an extensive amount of pokemon at hand then it would be easier on him. Nate smirked as he looked at the waitress and said,

"Thanks, I'm sure someone will figure out how to solve the problem of the haunted house soon."

Nate's hot chocolate had cooled down a bit, as he picked it up it felt perfect in temperature. Nate begun to sip at his favorite type of hot drink as he watched the waitress walk back into the kitchen. Everyone else in the room went back to what they were doing, as Nate felt his stomach rumbling he placed his hot chocolate down on the table again and picked up his pie and begun to dig into it, the taste was so rich, just how Nate liked it. Nate looked down to the floor as he could see Illusion and Buff contently chowing down their PokéChow. Arasam was certainly a mystery, and Nate was more then willing to solve it.

This post has been edited by Night Warrior: Jul 15 2012, 05:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 6 2012, 12:31 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

There was a really interesting conversation going on out loud to the nearby rock star. Something about a haunted house and people not appearing... Honestly, it sounded way too cliche that even film makers could call it overplayed. But sure enough, the situation appeared and he had to find out more.With having to wait on the bigger order (mainly carrying the bowls of chow), Seican got up and headed over to where the green hair kid sat and asked, "Lemme see that!" And without even waiting, the impatient coordinator just yanked the paper form the table and eyes wet straight to the news article.

With eyes darting back and forth, he skimmed though the article, taking in the details from the paper before suddenly declaring, "This is it! Ghosts are awesome performers! Not only do they do a lot of Smart tricks, but they scare the shit out of everyone! I wonder how I can pair that with Record?" Placing the paper back down on the table (Right on top of his order, of course), he looked at the green haired dude and asked, "So, ya going to check it out? Mind if I come al- Hey, that's my order!" It was like a sudden case of ADHD that made him dash on back to hi table, his burger ready for consumption. "THANK YOU FOR THE MEAL!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:29 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.