Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Baleful Beast of the Beauteous Baccate Backcountry
Dragonwish2
post Jul 15 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Take a story and craft it well...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 755

PANE Team

Discussion Thread

A calm breeze blew through the treetops as a small blue figure ran across the forest floor. He paused at the edge of a clearing, surveying his surrounding with vibrant red eyes. His foxy black snout inhaled the sweet scent of berries to the west and a cool stream north. A snap of breaking branches from behind caused his ears to prick and his muscles tighten. Wheezing breaths filled the air, growing louder by the second. The blue figure turned his head slowly, watching the shadows.

With a cry of exasperation, a young tween exploded from the trees in a run, screeching to a halt beside the blue figure. Her long brown hair was plastered to her forehead above light blue eyes. She leaned against a tree trunk to catch her breath, glancing around the clearing.

"Nice place Ryan. Though next time, try to slow down. This isn't a contest," she rasped. Ryan, the unfazed Riolu who stood beside her, shrugged in reply.

Liz Shir relaxed her shoulder, sliding her grey bag on the grass. "If it's all clear, let's get started." She reached to her black leather belt and plucked five red and white orbs. She threw them one by one into the air, watching as her Pokemon team filled the empty space before her with their uplifting presence. Her fiery red Growlithe, Greg, barked merrily before sniffing the ground for an unseen item. Oreo and Serena, an Oshawott and Taillow, respectively, cheered upon their arrival, with the former performing a sort of jig while spinning. A black and red fox raced around the clearing while transforming into its various teammates, much to their displeasure. In a red flash it was a clone of Liz, running up to her while grinning maniacally. The second Liz sighed and reached into the first’s hair, tugging at something. The clone disappeared, a smiling Zorua once more.

“Knock it off Kelli, we need to focus. Where’s Guini?” Liz turned as she spoke, searching the ground for the green and white Ralts. A warm feeling of content swept over Liz, and she looked up to see Guinevere staring down at her from a branch. Liz reached her hand up and carried her down. With her Pokemon all accounted for, she opened her bag and started pulling out various objects.

Handing Growlithe a small box, she gave each of the Pokemon instructions in turn. “Greg, you’ll help start the fire. For now just carry these over there,” she said, pointing to the left half of the clearing. Greg clamped the small bag in his mouth and trotted over to the appointed site.

She continued, “Serena, you’ll be on wood duty. Try to gather dry kindling for the fire. Ryan and Oreo, you’ll work with me to set up the tent. Kelli, you can look around nearby for any berries to eat. Once the tent is up, Guini and I will get logs for the fire, and then set it up with Greg. Does that sound okay to everyone?” She asked, gazing into each of her Pokemon’s eyes. They nodded, barked, and chirped in agreement before beginning their set tasks.

Liz strolled through the trees with Guini shuffling beside her. If all goes well, we’ll be at the Arasam Contest in no time. She looked down at her companion knowingly, and felt a conscious feeling of agreement emanating from Guini. Liz smiled and picked her up as the traveled further into the forest.

This post has been edited by Dragonwish2: Jul 16 2012, 10:25 AM

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

Percentages and Truths (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Soos
post Jul 16 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 167 521

Plus a Klink

Walten leaned forward on his cane and muttered, "I'm getting too old for this..." under his breath. A freshly polished Klink, who was named Gera, followed happily behind him, the two bodies rotating rhythmically. Sitting on Walten's shoulder was Don the Murkrow, who looked as tired as Walten, but was really using this as an excuse to get a free ride.

"You get off now," Walten grumbled to the small black bird, brushing it away with his cane. Don squawked at the possible threat of the cane hitting her in the face and flew up above the tree branches. Gera emitted a bit of static at the loud noise created by the bird, and chased her around, trying to Vice Grip her, with no result other then causing to create an even bigger rucus.

Walten laughed and sat on a stump. "You two stop that before one of you get hurt, now," He called out to them as the flew off. He stretched and sat his cane on the ground, soon pulling a small satchel full of berries and other fruit from his pocket. As he munched a green apple, he heard a bush start to rustle behind him. As he turned around to inspect, Don flew out and snatched the berries from his bag, landing on a branch and gulping them down one by one. Gera, who was still chasing around Don, crashed into her causing her to drop the berries all over the ground. Walten sighed and went down to retrieve them.

Don, disappointed by the loss of her loot, flew down to ground level and started picking at the dirt. Gera, who decided that it had gotten revenge on the noisy bird, floated triumphantly to the ground and started basking in the sun, letting the light reflect off its shiny skin. After picking up the last of the dropped fruit, Walten went back to the stump his cane was by and rested on the ground, using the stump as a pillow.

--------------------
PANE Character (click to show)

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 16 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #3

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

For the first time in what felt like a very long time, Taggarty Lee stood still. The Slowpoke next to him stopped to stare up at him with his ever confused face plastered on. Ever driven forward by whatever ambition happened to fuel him at the time, the man with the tattooed face had come to a stop. For a moment, longer than he was accustomed to, Tag raised his face, closing his eyes. The slightest hint of a smile crossed his face as he felt the gentle breeze waft through his hair and caress his face.

It had been a few days since his loss at the Gigarte Gym and awkwardly parting with Jill Laurent, but something about the serenity of the battlefield clung to him, desperately trying to etch itself in his skin. Today, Tag stopped resisting.

It had been ages, perhaps well over a decade since the dedicated trainer had just let the wind blow over him. Normally the tail-wind blew from behind him, channeling him forward to his various objectives, but today, it swirled around him playfully. He had not known this feeling for quite some time, and had never expected to feel it after a scathing loss to a powerful foe.

He felt content.

Taggarty Lee had selected Baccate Town as his next destination, not because there was anything to accomplish. He'd heard around Gigarte that Baccate was well known for its berries, even if the admissions had come between gritted teeth. It was time to learn to take care of his pokemon on a gentler level. His team, thus far, had respected him due to his firm, but caring nature. Now his regimen had become too strict with training, and it was a due vacation for everyone, even the newer members of his team.

Back in the day, he would never have thought to have taken something as trivial as a little vacation, but the eyes of a particular Poochyena stuck with him. At the request of a being that was essentially a deity, Tag had to give all of his pokemon the option to leave and be free. Of his entire team at the time, only one had chosen to go, and that was Tag's former partner, Zuki.

<Poke.>

The single word echoing in his head snapped him out of his reverie. Looking down to his side, his friend, Tonbo, had taken to a seated position, staring up at him with large, vacant eyes. Tag had first heard the mental voice in his head during the gym match in Gigarte. He'd never really worked with Psychic Pokemon before, but it appeared that Tonbo had taken quite the shine to Tag ever since his rescue in Gigarte. He remembered that sometimes Psychic Pokemon opened mental channels between things, and now, albeit slowly, he was hearing the thought-speak voice of his pokemon. Although smart enough to create a psychic link between them, Tonbo seemed to have difficulty saying anything other than "Poke.", which seemed silly, considering that it was one of two syllables that Tonbo could say aloud. (The other, of course, being "Slow".)

"Right." Tag nodded and slowly began moving forward again, keeping pace with his newfound comrade. He found that he increasingly enjoyed Tonbo's incredibly simple, very zen-like company. The Slowpoke demanded very little of his attention, save for the occasional poke, and Tag in turn demanded very little of his company. The two simply enjoyed existing near one another, which was something that Tag found very comfortable.

Since leaving on his walk from Gigarte, Tag had cycled through his pokemon, giving them each equal time in the sun and warmth, but never more than one, so he could enjoy each of their individual companies. Suzu, naturally, had remained out the longest, being his oldest and most faithful companion...

With the thought of oldest and most faithful companions, Tag's mind flashed to the other of his starting duo...

"Edwin. Tag."

"Hey there, what can I do for you?" The bespectacled face appeared on the screen in the Pokemon Center.

"Transfer my Pokemon back to the Blackthorn Lab." Tag tapped the screen a few times, as if it would magically do his commands for him. He hadn't quite gotten used to using technology at all, save for pokeballs, TMs and the like. He didn't really enjoy the communicative devices, but evidently, in this day and age they were of utmost necessity.

Edwin nodded, a bit confused by the request. Tag had insisted that his pokemon be sent to the Elm Lab, so as not to be tracked. However, here he was making the exact opposite inquiry with equal resolution.

"I'm swapping them around a bit. Please, take care of Bachi, my Nidoking. He's growing a bit unruly, so I don't want him battling for a bit until I get to Baccate."

"Oh, he probably thinks he's too powerful for you." Edwin offered, tapping a few buttons around on the screen and powering up the transfer machine.

"Admittedly, he might be." Tag shrugged, "I'll swap for him again once I get to Baccate."

"Really, why're you headed there?" Edwin's voice sounded genuinely curious this time. The Tag he knew was entirely about fighting, and Baccate, from the Furohpedia that he'd just pulled up on his screen clandestinely, appeared to be a place for berries.

"I'd like to learn more about my pokemon." The tattooed man spoke earnestly, looking a bit concerned. "I realized that I don't even know what kind of berries they like. I've spent so much time studying their techniques and abilities while calling them my comrades, but I know so little about them."

"Berries is a good first step. I can even send you a primary analysis based on their natures." Edwin offered helpfully, beginning to pull up a chart that Professor Elm himself had developed.

"No." Tag shook his head resolutely. "Let me learn them on my own."

"Oh, you're no fun." the Pokemon Researcher on the other end of the line chided, eliciting the tiniest of smiles on Tag's features. "Anywho, the transfer machine is ready. Let's do this!"

<Poke.> The voice in Tag's head chimed once again, causing him to look down at his walking companion, only to find that the Dopey Pokemon had actually gotten ahead of him. That, alone, spoke volumes to the pace at which Tag had been walking. Looking beyond that, he noted a brunette girl carrying a Ralts <Poke?>.

Tag slowly approached, hands in pockets as he eyed the the duo closely. Something about her seemed very familiar, though honestly, he couldn't put a finger on where he knew her from. As he once again glanced to his partner as if searching for an answer, he noted that the Dopey looking Pokemon was gazing off through the trees in another direction, as if something or someone had grabbed his attention. Ending his query, Tag decided to continue his approach. Potentially, company seemed like a good idea, even if he was no good at it.

Tag's Roster! (click to show)

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Jul 19 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

The skies were dark, lightning striking every step ahead of a large and aged ship, whose sides had began to splinter and crack worse then they already were due to the rough waters. The crew aboard the ship were trying their best to prevent the vessel from flooding, while two others were fighting to keep the sail up.

"Captain! We need to turn back!" cried a member of the ships crew

The captain removed his hat and threw his cane to the ground. "Not without taking this beast down! He's claimed one victim too many, and this needs to end!"

As the captain went to retrieve the harpoon net, a giant shadow loomed over the ship. As the captain yelled at his crew to head for the life boats, and giant beak crashed down onto the ship.

-----

Walten awoke with a start. Don, who was repeatedly pecking at his head and squawking loudly, was the cause of his rude awakening and she knew she was in for it. As Walten went to scold the bird, he heard a small growling coming from her direction. He sighed and knew the reason for her acting the way she did; she was hungry, and Walten had taken the food away. He retrieved the food satchel, and reached in to grab some berries, when the most horrendous stench arose from it. Walton quickly sealed it and dumped them in a nearby ditch. He figured they'd gone bad when they were knocked down on the ground and bruised, but didn't know they'd smell that bad that quickly.

Don squawked once more out of hunger, and Walton figured they'd go looking for food. He'd heard from the lady who'd rescued him that there was a city that specialized in growing berries, and would be a good first stop so he could fill his food supplies a good bit. He chuckled a bit; he found it funny he only remembered his rescuer as "That lady." He then picked up his bag, and let Don rest on his shoulder. "It's going to be a bit before we can find food," he told the Murkrow, "but, we're close to a city that has a whole lot of it. If you can hold out just a little bit more without going crazy, we should be there in a couple of hours."

Don gave an annoyed squawk in response. A couple hours without food? She was starving! How would she ever survive? She sighed and decided she'd go looking herself for food and flew off into the distance.

Walten sighed in annoyance at Don and chased after the black bird, shouting after her and waving his cane around in the air. Gera, who was sunbathing this whole time, slowly and leisurely followed after the other two.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Eryth
post Jul 23 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Even if I can't see the future, I'll keep walking.
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 202

GHOSTIES

Since she moved to Baccate, Mona’s life had been rather uneventful. It had taken her quite a while to adjust to life in the peaceful little town, where she didn’t have to worry about things like where she would sleep, where she would get her food from, whether she would be attacked, and other problems she once constantly faced when she still lived on the streets of Lenoilia. Even now, she often wished something interesting would happen in the town. For now, though, she had gotten used to the pattern of life in Baccate; wake up, eat, pick berries, eat, train with Pokémon, maybe pick some more berries, eat, sleep, rinse and repeat…

But today was different. Today, even as she was picking berries, Mona was on alert. Recently, Pokémon from the town and the area around it had been disappearing without a trace. She had to keep a close eye on her Pokémon; she was hesitant to even let them out of their pokéballs as of late, but they were both in need of exercise, so she made an exception for the time being.

Luckily, at least one of her Pokémon was obedient. Mona couldn’t help but smile down at Lianne as the small, timid Rattata nuzzled against her leg and whimpered quietly. She must have sensed that something strange was going on, or that her trainer was acting oddly. Mona reached down with one hand and picked up her Rattata, using the other hand to nab a small pecha berry from a nearby tree and hold it up to Lianne’s nose. The Pokémon took a second to sniff the berry, and almost immediately took a bite of it, chattering happily. She’s sweet, all right, Mona thought as she lowered Lianne back to the ground.

Her other Pokémon, however, was an entirely different story. Right then, Marion the Shuppet was hovering above his trainer, looking down on her with a menacing smirk on his face. Mona supposed he was up to something; perhaps he was watching for her to look away so he could sneak off and find some poor, unsuspecting trainer to scare, or maybe he was just waiting patiently for one of his pranks to take effect. Whatever the case, Mona wasn’t about to take her eyes off of the Shuppet for more than a minute.

“What are you planning?” she asked him, but Marion just snickered, the same evil smile on his face. “Well, whatever you do, just be careful alright?” Brett would surely kill me if you disappeared on me, she added in her head, remembering her old friend and her Shuppet’s previous trainer. Marion didn’t make any notion that he’d heard his trainer; he just continued smiling down at her. Why do I even bother with that one? She sighed and rolled her eyes, expressing her annoyance at Marion’s lack of response. Normally, she wouldn’t let her emotions show like that, but when she was just around her Pokémon it didn’t matter as much to her.

Her attention was brought back to Lianne as the Rattata let out a squeak of displeasure. She had discovered a cheri berry bush and eaten one of them – apparently, it was a bit too spicy for her taste. Mona laughed quietly, patting her Rattata on the head sympathetically. “Guess cheri berries aren’t your thing, hm? Maybe we’ve had enough berry picking for today,” she suggested. Lianne nodded sadly and Marion didn’t object, so she decided that was a good idea.

“Let’s go, then,” she stated, recalling Lianne to her pokéball. She attempted to do the same for Marion, but he avoided the beam of light that came from the pokéball, so she gave up. “You really like being difficult, don’t you?” she said with a sigh. “Just don’t wander off.” He nodded at that, though Mona doubted his sincerity, and they were off.

Mona had only been walking for a few minutes when she heard some shouting from somewhere nearby. She tensed immediately, listening in order to determine which direction the noise was coming from. Following the sound, she back-tracked a bit and, using a tree for cover, watched a man with a cane shouting and running in her direction. He appeared to be chasing after something – probably that thing, she figured as a Murkrow flew over her head. She doubted that this man was hostile – there was no way that the people who’d been stealing Pokémon would be as boisterous as he was being, since no one had even found traces of those criminals. So, she figured she should warn him about the disappearances, as he appeared to be traveling toward Baccate.

“I’d be a little less loud if I were you,” she voiced as the man grew nearer to her, stepping out from her cover so he could see her. “And I’d also do a better job of keeping track of your Pokémon.” She didn’t mean for either of these remarks to sound mean; from her perspective, she was simply giving him some friendly advice. However, she didn’t realize that she should probably follow her own advice, as her own Shuppet was no longer beside her and had wandered off to who knows where.

((I think Mona was originally going to be in Baccate's pokecenter at the start or something, buuuut I kind of changed that to her picking berries outside of the town so she'd have something to do. Hope that's okay. Also sorry this is so late omg it won't happen again even though it probably will))

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Jul 23 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE Team

Liz paused in her walk, listening intently. She glanced around her in worry. Something felt strange about the space around her, and goosebumps rose on her arm. She backed up slowly, suddenly scared to keep going. It felt as though she had been pulled out of her scherzando stroll and thrown into a horror movie, right at the climax. Liz could almost hear the teenage girls shivering in their lover's arms as ominous music played. A shout erupted in the distance, sending her jumping and running away from the noise. She steeled herself behind a large tree as she held her breath, praying whatever caused the noise might not have heard her. Her vision became speckled with colorful dots.

Her Ralts stared at her as a pensée of curiosity met her trainer's consciousness that guided her to breathe. Liz exhaled deeply, taking in slow breaths to fill her lungs. She leaned against the tree to wait through her wave of dizziness. She glanced down at herself, groaning softly in dismay. Her grey short sleeve v-neck was stained in sweat, her jean shorts stained by the bark, and her new tennis shoes caked in mud and grass. She stared into the treetops in resignation at her fate.

After she regained her breath, she concentrated on one word, in hopes her psychic Pokemon might hear her thought.

<What?>

Liz waited for a reply. Silence followed. She briefly feared that the answer was imponderable, that her Pokemon was as clueless as herself, until she noticed the Ralts was staring at a fixed point behind her. It occured to Liz that Guini had mentally nudged her to notice, but at the moment she didn't care. She waited for a word or sign of what it was the Ralts saw, but Guini remained quiet, refusing to give any hints. Liz pivoted slowly, terrified of what awaited her.

A shriek pierced the air.

Back at camp, Oreo struggled with the tent. Kelli watched him with a smirk as his small flippers wrestled with the poles.

"Mind helping?" Oreo squeaked as upright portion of the tent collapsed on top of him. Kelli snorted and trotted to his side, tugging the cloth away from him with her teeth. The astonished Oshawott shook himself, as though to rid himself of the terrifying memory. Kelli chuckled. Oreo swung flimsily at the Zorua and squirt water at her cackling form as she fled from him. Serena chirped at them from the trees before turning her attention to Ryan.

The quiet figure stood beside Liz's sitting bag, holding the girl's camera. He tapped the sreen gently, watching the images fly by. Some were of himself training and battling various opponents. Others were of people, such as Liz's mother and sister. There were several snapshots of Starfall Field and the meteor. Ryan grimaced at the memory. It burned him that he was unable to always protect Liz. In his view, she was always in trouble, and he was never there to prevent it. He refused to see her hurt anymore. Ryan clicked random buttons on the camera until the screen became dark before he placed it back in the bag.

Serena watched this all and called to him. "What's up? Did you see me on that thing?" She opened her wings, posing as though she were just about to take off. Ryan remained silent as he stared at her. The Taillow sighed and flew off, deciding to instead to join Kelli in her new pursuit of Oreo.

Ryan's ears pricked. A shout echoed just at the edge of his hearing. He turned towards the noise, his nerves on edge in worry. He scanned the area for Liz's aura, to no avail. Ryan panicked. The teenager couldn't have gone far, as far as he knew. He tought of a way to contact her. He needed to see her, to be sure she was alright. An idea struck him, so revulsive, so pitiful, but it would have to do.

He would contact Guini.

It wasn't that he hated Psychic types. He had made sure once to never hate a Pokemon due to having a weakness to them. Even as a fighting Pokemon, he held a certain respect for the Pokemon whose mental abilities could match his own. Nor was it her gender as it would be hypocritical to care for Liz and not Guini by that trait. It wasn't her shape, her size, or anything physical about her. Rather, his dislike of the Ralts stemmed from her connection with Liz. He had seen it early on at Starfall Field, during Liz's amnesia strike. He had immediatly been wary of Guini as she reached out to Liz in comfort. He had feared- no, still feared Guini might take advantage of Liz through their connection. It made him forever careful around the Pokemon, and he didn't especially like the idea of needing her help.

Ryan raced into the forest, screaming with his mind and thinking of the Ralts. <Guini! How is she? GUINI!> After several yards he slowed, hearing a flutter of wings in the trees behind him. Believing it to be Serena following him, he stopped and turned. As he moved it crossed his mind as to why he might not sense the bird before hearing her, until he saw what perched on the branches. His eyes narrowed and he lunged, punching the tree viciously. The branches shook loudly, and leaves fell to the ground.

The branches stilled as the air fell silent and still once more.

Liz clutched her chest, panting. "Oh my gosh, you scared me! Sorry for the yell." Before stood a man with a Slowpoke at his side. His black hair lay tousled above his tanned face, which was covered in tattoos. Something about his nature felt familiar, but she supposed she wouldn't remember any time soon if his tattoos hadn't reminded her up front. Though she scolded herself for the rude thought, it made sense for her to be frightened, given the circumstance and his appearance at a glance. She breathed a sigh of relief as the adrenaline that had rushed her nerves now faded away. It left her thoroughly exhausted, though.

Guini sent her a feeling of amusement at her terror. Liz, still maintaining eye contact with the man, replied to Guini with aggravation, though her face broke into a smile.

Liz continued, "I'm sorry if I scared you. I'm Liz. Have we met before? I'm sorry, but I think I've seen you before somewhere." She thought of any largely public places she had recently been too. She reasoned the man was in Gigarte, or Starfall Field, and that she had passed him unknowingly. It seemed reasonable enough explanation for familiarity.

Meanwhile, Guini watched the man's Slowpoke, following its gaze beyond the trees and into the unknown. It gave her some relief to know she was not alone in her wonderings of the forest. She was distracted momentarily by the man, as she quickly assessed him. She knew that, had Ryan been present, he too would be careful around strangers. She kept a mental note to assure him once they returned to camp; Guini felt that the man had only good intention, though she was prepared to use her teleport move if necessary.

She could only hope it wouldn't be.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 23 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Aforementioned shriek pierced the air...directly in Tag's face. He knew he was both an intimidating sight and incredibly awkward when it came to human interaction...but this was a new reaction all together.

"That's quite the battle-cry." Tag grimaced, placing his hands to his ears in an attempt to stop the ringing. "Consider me mortified."

Tag had made a joke, and not a terrible one. However, his flat delivery left no room for the interpretation that it had been a joke. He made a mental note to add a smile, to at least give the indication that he was joking. On the other hand, the clear image of him did not give any indication that he was, in fact, scared of the cry, but had merely been startled by Liz's rather loud reaction. That alone was funny enough, at least to Tag.

Now that she mentioned it though, Liz did look a bit familiar. He didn't recognize her light blue eyes, which was usually something he noticed about people, but the hair and frame seemed familiar. Peering at her for an intense moment as he racked his brain, he tried to move through some of the possibilities. They televised his matches on TV here in Furoh, so it was possible that she'd seen him battle the gym leaders. However, it wouldn't explain why she seemed familiar to him in turn. Having really met a handful of people in Furoh, Tag remembered all of them to date. This girl, however, was only a glancing memory in his mind, and she seemed to feel the same about him.

"Probably at Starfall Field." He pulled the answer from the ethos. It seemed like the easiest place for him to see people who had also seen him. Usually, people saw him and he ignored them, mostly because they were gawking at his tattoos. "I was with the Team to awaken Registeel. Unless I miss my guess...we may have briefly crossed paths in the Gigas Temple fighting off Golett and Golurk."

He took another moment to size Liz up before extending his hand.

"Anyway, I'm Tag. It's a pleasure to officially meet you." He looked down to his comrade, Tonbo, who was turning now to look at the Ralts. "Might I ask what you're doing out here on your own?"

<Oh.> The Slowpoke, meanwhile, took his sweet time studying the little psychic type before him with his large, dopey eyes. <Hi.>

Tag, meanwhile, heard: <Slow. Poke.>. Internally, he found himself quite pleased. In such a short time, Tonbo had managed to double his thought-speak vocabulary. Even if it was still only the name of his species, it was still progress.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Jul 24 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

As Walten chased after Don, he could swear he heard someone shout something to him. He slid to a halt and scanned the area behind him, and spotted a young woman with blonde hair. "I'm sorry if she ate some of your crops without permission," he claimed as he removed his hat, "that bird can sometimes be more trouble then she's worth..."

He leaned on his cane with one hand, and Don, belly full and a berry in her beak, happily flew over to his shoulder. She made a happy squawk as well, but dropped the berry onto the ground as she did so. When she flew down to retrieve it, Walten felt it appropriate to introduce themselves. "I'm Walten," he said with a bow, holding his hat to his chest, "This pesky bird is Don," He pointed with his cane to the small avian, who was just finishing up eating fallen berry, "and this is..."

As he went to point to his second Pokemon, he realized that there was nothing there. He looked around, behind and in front of himself. He quickly realized the terrible truth; Gera was missing.

Walten ran to the edge of the forest. "Gera! Gera, answer me!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Don, who was on the still on the ground, pecking at any scrap of food, perked her head up when she heard Walten yell and flew towards him doing her best to mimic his cries, although the best she could do was a loud "GAR, GAR!"

As Don circled overhead continuously repeating her new word, Walten turned to the young woman, "You wouldn't have happened to see a Klink follow behind me, have you?"

It was right after asking this that Walten heard a shriek pierce the air.

-----

Gera awoke inside a dark cave. The small steel-type created an even smaller spark to light up a little bit of the area, only to find an Alakazam and Ghastly staring right at it. This caused the Klink to stutter in its rotation a bit, which in turn made the spark go out, covering the room in darkness once more.

The last thing Gera heard before being hit with a direct Hypnosis attack was the opening of a door.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Eryth
post Jul 25 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #9

Even if I can't see the future, I'll keep walking.
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 202

GHOSTIES

The man ran a little ahead of where Mona was standing before he heard her voice and turned around. He didn’t make any notion that he’d actually understood what she said, though, but at least he’d slowed down and stopped yelling. The first thing he did was apologize in case his Murkrow ate any of her crops. “She didn’t steal anything,” she stated.

As the man introduced himself as Walten and his Murkrow as Don – odd name for a female, Mona noted mentally – she just watched, her face impassive. He even bowed to her, which came off as rather strange. She didn’t know what she’d done to earn such a greeting; the man was much older than she was, and Mona certainly didn’t think her rugged appearance was what warranted his respect. She guessed he was just trying to be polite, but she had no idea why an adult like Walten would go out of his way to be nice to some teenager. Maybe he was just a nice sort of person…

She wondered for a moment whether she should introduce herself as well, but she didn’t get a chance to do so, as Walten immediately started fretting about another of his Pokémon, who was apparently missing. Looking around in attempt to assist him in his search, she noticed Marion was missing as well. She swore under her breath, instantly regretting not trying harder to get the mischievous Shuppet into his pokéball. It was becoming harder for her to hide her frustration. Didn’t I warn him not to wander off?! Please don’t let this be another one of his stupid pranks…

“No, I didn’t see anything,” she said in reply to Walten’s question. “My Shuppet’s gone too. We should try to find them as soon as possible; there have been reports of Pokémon disappearing lately, I was trying to warn you about it earlier but—”

She was abruptly cut off as a shriek pierced the air. “What... what was that?” Although she managed to keep a mostly neutral expression on her face, she couldn’t hide the shock and fear in her voice. Without waiting for Walten to answer, she took off in the direction of the yell. “Come on!” she called, but she didn’t turn around to make sure the man was following.

---

Meanwhile, Marion had to restrain his laughter. Finally, a prank that actually worked on his trainer! He was, in fact, floating along right behind her; however, he’d made himself invisible, so she couldn’t see him. It was really difficult for the Shuppet not to break out into maniacal cackling at the sight of Mona’s needless panic. He couldn’t believe she actually thought he would ever wander off if he knew he could be in danger of being stolen – he wasn’t that dim.

No, he thought, looking at his trainer. I’m not wandering off at a time like this. Brett told me to protect you, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Jul 29 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

PANE Team

At the notion of her battle cry, Liz inwardly blushed. It was laughable that she let herself become so easily startled, but she blamed it on hormones and her Ralts, who had taken to staring at Tag's Slowpoke. Liz could hear an odd whisper in the back of her head as the two Pokemon engaged in a staring contest. Shrugging it off as post-scare jitters, Liz brightened at Tag's question. It was nice to talk to someone other than her Pokemon, for a change. She hadn't spoken to anyone at length since Gigarte, which felt like ages ago. Company was just what she needed, she thought.

As she looked Tag over once again, she realized that, by coincidence or by fate, the past few men she had met were all rather... odd. They were all friendly, but each one had a unique appearance and held themselves in a almost alien fashion. Liz had met a dragon trainer who lived like a knight from Camelot, a gaunt wolfish boy who could speak in barks, and now she was face to face with a tribal warrior or something. She was glad to see that the newest person was at least ordinary in his speech pattern. While she loved to speak to exotic people, what she really wanted was a normal person who didn't boast or bark as small talk.

"I'm on my way to Arasam for a contest. I'm hoping to earn my first ribbon. But first, I'm stopping by Baccate Town. I'm guessing you're doing the same." Liz gestured to the Slowpoke before continuing, "Baccate is supposed to be relaxing, like one big aromatherapy clinic." Liz sighed just at the thought. It would be bliss to visit a spa, but she knew that she didn't have the money. She had saved the rest of her money for Pokeblock making, including berries. Feeling the small lump in her pocket that was her wallet, she was reminded how she needed to find a way to make money while in Baccate as well.

While Liz chatted, Guini peered down at the Slowpoke. <Hello. Who are you?> She was pleased to meet another psychic Pokemon. A proper telepathic conversation was an engaging activity that was rare for her to enjoy. Even though Ryan had mental strength similar to a psychic, it just wasn't the same, and the Riolu refused to speak to her as well.

Liz glanced at Guini. An odd feeling of joy emanated from her, with more whispers tickling the back of her mind. "It seems they like each other," she said. It made sense to her that the two were instant friends, what with a Slowpoke being part psychic. She wondered if they were speaking telepathically, and vowed to question the little Ralts later on the subject.

"Anyways," she continued, "I'm not really alone. My other Pokemon are back at my camp. Want to see?" She pointed in the direction of her camp.

Guini gave her own idea of returning, showing Liz an image of the camp burning and Oreo setting up the tent horrifically. Liz breathed a groan of annoyance and muttered, "Oh, no! I forgot." The thought of her new tent being destroyed was dismal, as her old one had been struck with a meteor at Starfall Field. It would cost her too much to buy yet another tent. That, and it was her own fault for leaving the Pokemon alone. She would be the one to blame if the forest went up in smoke.

She turned, running into the forest. Seconds passed before took she stopped herself by grabbing a tree. When she managed to steel herself, she looked over her shoulder, beckoning Tag with a wave before sprinting off again. Guini clung to her shirt as she ran, regretting her input in the conversation.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 31 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"A Co-ordinator" Tag tested the word. Liz hadn't outrightly declared herself as such, but the words "Contest" and "Ribbon" stuck out like a pair of sore thumbs.

Tag, himself, had never shown any interest in contests. While he had a more elegant battle style than most ruffians, he would never have thought to make his moves...pretty. He required function over form at all times, and had trained his pokemon in efficiency rather than big showy attacks. The notion struck him as rather absured. He wasn't sure he'd battled any co-ordinators to date, so he wondered what the sensation was like.

Appraising the Ralts in Liz's arms, Tag surmised that it wasn't a very experienced battler. He wasn't sure exactly what criterion he was following, but his instinct told him that Liz probably did not have a team of pokemon that would match his in strength.

The only other co-ordinators he remembered meeting were Darryn Kellor and Seiccan Serroc. The former evidently possessed some powerful pokemon, which excited Tag immensely. The latter seemed more of a loudmouth than anything, but Tag had witnessed a smudge of skill, which meant that in time, Seiccan could grow into a decent sort of battler.

But, Pokemon Battling wasn't quite on the agenda today. He was moreso looking forward to studying the casual side of his pokemon, notably their berry preferences. No, he'd save training for a later date. Everyone on his roster had earned a vacation, and that's what they were getting.

"I'm hoping it is." Tag nodded earnestly. "Feels like I've been going non-stop since I arrived in Furoh. I'm overdue for a vacation."

Meanwhile, Tonbo continued to stare at Guini, whose perch in Liz's arms evidently confused him. Though, perhaps it was just projection, because Tonbo always wore a fairly confused, uninspired look on his face.

<Tonbo. Yes. My Master calls me Tonbo. Pleased to meet you. What's your name, little one?>

Tonbo's thought-speech came off as distracted and distant, as if he were only partially involved in the covnersation. Outwardly, the Slowpoke turned his head, looking around through the foliage again, as if seeking out something invisible.

Then, almost without warning, Liz invited Tag to her camp, then tore off.

With an almost imperceptible sigh, Tag recalled Tonbo to his pokeball and took off at a brisk pace after the young girl. The Slow Pokemon probably could not have kept up at that pace. Tag gradually sped up into a jog, surprised at Liz's burst of energy.

In the air where Tag and Liz had stood just moments before, a pair of eyes seemingly opened in mid-air, followed by a wide, toothy smirk. Slowly, a dark vapor poured out from around the floating face, forming the body of a grinning Gastly. With a soft, mischevious snicker, the ghost floated after the two trainers, fading from sight once more as it bore down on campsite.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Jul 31 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten, not wanting to get into any trouble with one of his two Pokemon missing, decided against running into the forest to investigate the loud scream with the young woman. Instead, he'd search the nearby town for any signs of it. Don, being the ever-so curious Murkrow she was, didn't like his idea, and immediately tried to sneak off to search for the source. This attempt ended in failure, though, because when she took off, she started to "call" for Gera with her usual "Gar!"

Walten heard her right away, and with a shake of his head recalled her to her Pokeball. "I can't have you disappearing as well, so if that's how you're going to act, you can spend time in there," He mumbled to the Murkrow.

As he searched and asked around for information, he caught a rumor that made his heart sink. Apparently, Pokemon all over the town were vanishing, and every one seemed to have their own theory. One person told him that there was a hidden grove that attracts Pokemon of all types, but it takes longer for some to get attracted then for others. Another person told him that there were bandits that were snatching unsuspecting Pokemon away from their owners. He just didn't know what to believe, although, with so many stories, he figured one of them could be true.

-----

Gera awoke once more, although this time in a cage. Or a box. It was still hard to tell what anything was still, as it was still dark, but the Klink knew it was in a tight space. It tried creating a spark to light up the area, but to no avail.

It soon after this Gera realized that the two gears that make up its body were no longer spinning. In fact, they were separated! Gera felt stupid for not realizing this sooner, and struggled to find the other half of its body which was, as expected, in a different crate.

This wouldn't be much of a problem if that only meant Gera couldn't use any attacks. What worried Gera was the fact that if the gears stopped spinning, it would soon power down, until reunited once more with its other half. Gera just stopped worrying and hoped that someone, hopefully Walten, would come to its rescue, and soon.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Sep 3 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

PANE Team

The speed at which she ran allowed Liz to arrive at her campsite within minutes. She slowed down as she neared; the lack of ominous screams or flame made her less eager to run like a maniac. Guinevere slid from her bag, colors swimming before her eyes until she steadied herself. The Ralts took a moment to glance at the nearby Pokemon. She was dismayed to see that the Slowpoke had been returned to its Pokeball. She resolved to think positively; the opposite seemed to produce poor results.

Liz was relieved to find the camp perfectly safe, if a bit messier. She grabbed her bag from the ground and slung it across her back. Her camera slipped from the inside, falling to the dirt with a soft thump. She frowned and picked it up, examining it with curiosity.

A picture of herself and Guinevere glowed softly on the screen. Judging by the rocky background and bandage on her arm, Liz inferred the image to be from Starfall Field. As she wondered what might have turned on the device footsteps sounded behind her. She turned, her face downcast in apology as she remembered the tattooed man.

"Sorry about the rush. Someone thought there might be trouble." She shot a glare at Guini and, after the Ralts gave a shrug, chuckled softly. "Everything's OK though," she continued. Someone barked at her, and she glanced at her feet to see Greg pawing her leg. Liz laughed and stroked his fur.

"This is Greg. The Oshawott over there," Liz said, pointing, "is Oreo. Kelli and Serena are my Zorua and Taillow. You've already met Guini." She gestured at each Pokemon in turn, until she was left searching for her Riolu. Her brow creased in worry. The trees were fairly widespread in the surrounding area, enough to see past the majority of them with ease. Finding a blue Pokemon amongst them shouldn't have been difficult, yet Liz found herself frustratingly unable to locate him.

She believed he was unlikely to keep any great distance from herself, out of some hidden loyalty she had taken for granted, she now knew. Liz began to wonder why he hadn't appeared at her side when she had screamed earlier. She scolded herself mentally for the thought; it appeared shallow in her eyes, and yet she couldn't deny the underlying truth of it. His disappearance made her uneasy.

You never know what you've got 'til it's gone, she thought bitterly. The quote was fitting, if cruel, and easily applied to her situation. Liz felt as though a life-long friend had simply vanished, leaving her with a void in her heart. In an attempt to cheer herself, she imagined him waltzing into the site with his calm red eyes watching Tag carefully as they did, and how she would be furious and overjoyed to see him, hugging and chastising him simultaneously. She let her mind toy with the idea until her heart broke the lack of his presence.

She became desperate in her search, though she forced her face to remain as placid as possible. Her mind focused on Guini. Concentration allowed her to convey a message in random images and blips of emotion.

<Where is Ryan?>

Liz busied herself with cleaning the camp to allow Guini to ponder the question. She hoped that Guini, with her psychic abilities, might be able to locate him. Though Liz itched to reach for a novel from her bag to take her mind off of the matter, she took her Pokemon and Tag into account. She thought it would be rude to shut them out so suddenly.

"So, Tag," she called as she bent down for her tent, "what are you on vacation from? Are you a badge collecting trainer, a coordinator, or something else altogether?" Liz stood at the end, staring into Tag's eyes for a moment before continuing her work. "Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I'd guess you're not the contest type. Do you enter Pokeringer contests then?" She considered the man for a moment. Her imagination allowed her to visualize him with a sharp eyed Skarmory or energetic Crobat. Gigarte was the home of such contests, she knew, and Baccate was near enough to be a plausible vacation spot.

Something made her pause in her cleaning. Guini had formulated a response and shown it to Liz. It was one of the few words the Ralts knew how to display clearly in word.

<No.>

What accompanied the word made Liz softly gasp. A wave of emotion enveloped her thoughts, a wild mix of sadness, apprehension, and an empty feeling of despair that caused a knot to form in the coordinator's throat. Wordlessly, she returned all but Guini to their Pokeballs, struggling to make her arms move calmly. She steadied herself before turning to Tag again.

"I-I can't seem to find my last Pokemon. He's a Riolu. I don't think he's simply wandered off- he's not that kind of Pokemon, you can imagine- and I'm a bit worried. This is a bit unusual for him, and I- well, I'm not sure where he could be." She stopped herself. Tears sprang to her eyes. "Would you mind helping me look for him? Maybe there's someone in Baccate who's seen him, or, or-" Again she cut herself off, fearing that if she continued, she would not be able to stop her oncoming tears. She stared into Tag's eyes with determination, silently praying he would help her find her lost Riolu.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 4 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag slowed his pace a bit, feeling only slightly winded from the nice jog he had taken. The girl, Liz, grinded to a halt, which meant that they'd arrived. The sight of a fairly messy campsite, with a few pint-sized pokemon made it clear that she'd let them do the set up.

It struck him as odd that the girl had let her Pokemon Comrades do the work. He'd never thought to ask his Pokemon for help in setting up his campsites, but perhaps this was a good idea. It seemed like a nice bonding experience for everyone. On the other hand, Tag preferred setting up the camp on his own, and kept his Pokemon in their Pokeballs, save Suzu, who often stayed at his side. She never did any of the work, though. Tag took care of that.

Then again, the tattooed man had been journeying for much longer than Liz. It stood to sense that he'd been on a Pokemon Journey longer than she'd been alive.

"No worries." Tag nodded to her, in what he believed was an attempt to allay her fears that he'd been somehow inconvenienced by the change in pace. "Hello Greg. Oreo. Kelli. Serena, and officially Guini. Pleasure to meet you." He watched closely as Liz appeared distracted with looking for something else. Though, he figured, at her age, having five Pokemon was a bit of a feat. He'd probably journeyed with Dratini alone for several years, considering the sparcity of Dragon Pokemon. Nevertheless, she seemed distracted, almost distraught, at missing something.

For the moment, Tag took an interest in the little black Fox-looking pokemon. He'd only met one other Zorua, to his memory, and it had been rather fascinating. He'd caught the jig of how to battle them pretty quickly, but he was pretty sure that they would always be a surprise in battle, no matter how prepared one was.

"Oh. I'm a Badge-Collecting Trainer. Just lost to the Gym Leader in Gigarte, so I figure...a little break before we resume training. "Pokeringer though. That's an interesting thought." His only available flyer was Suzu; perhaps it would be something she enjoyed? He had no idea.

Then, Tag finally pinpointed the distracted look. Just as he was about to ask if something was wrong, Liz approached him with tears in her eyes. He knew that look; the mixture of worry and grief. He'd seen it at Starfall Field, amongst the survivors in the Gigas Temple. He'd seen it concerning a Tepig with broken ribs. He'd probably caused it in droves back in Blackthorn. He'd been growing painfully familiar with this look.

Taggarty Lee, unbeknownst to himself, had turned into a person who could not turn a blind eye to someone in need. Especially when they asked him. Like an awkward knight, he felt the compulsive need to help those who needed his help. He'd taken on an Eco-Terrorist group, simply because they'd taken over a Pokemon Center. He'd taken on a Black Market in Lenoilia. He'd helped two known members of Team Deception rescue one of their Pokemon. He'd figured that it was because he was atoning for the great sin he'd committed years back, but it was also nice to realize that he had some sort of obsessive-compulsion with aiding the unfortunate.

"Of course." Tag nodded, kneeling down in front of Liz. He quickly formulated somet semblance of a plan. "Let's get our more mobile Pokemon out. Serena, if I recall, could probably cover some ground."

With that, he plucked two pokeballs from his belt.

"Suzu. Orin." He intoned as he dropped them to the floor. From the ensuing light, a Ledian and a Froslass, respectively, burst up into the air to the Tag's right. Tag pulled out an area map from his bag, spreading it out on the floor between Liz and himself. "Meet Liz." He indicated his new acquaintance offhandedly while staring at the map.

"Hmmm. Okay. There's Baccate. Here's...about where we are, right? We're just a bit North of Baccate. Liz, you and I will head South, towards the town. Okay ladies, we're looking for a lost Riolu. Suzu, you go North, then double back and meet us over in Baccate. Orin, head West, then back South-East to meet us in Baccate. If you find the Riolu, escort him back with you. Understood?"

Suzu nodded, chancing a glance over to the distressed Liz. Putting two and two together, Tag's most loyal Pokemon immediately flitted up into the air, above the treetops, and began a direct move south.

Orin, hand-sleeve to her mouth as always, bowed in a surprisingly respectful manner reminiscent of a kimono-girl, and quickly floated towards the West, her 'dress' billowing out behind her as she went.

"Tobi, Kyoko." Two more pokemon appeared once Suzu and Orin had dispersed. Tobi, Tag's Vulpix, looked up to Liz immediately, tilting his head in confusion at the girl. He then looked to Tag for an answer, receiving only a nod. Deigning this enough of an answer, Tobi settled back onto his haunches, sitting regally while waiting for his command. Kyoko, Tag's Bellossom, appeared with what was almost a customary twirl. It had been a move she'd been practicing since she was a Gloom, and had since polished the entrance move. Upon seeing the upset girl, she immediately hopped over, placing one of her short arms on the girl's leg, looking up at her.

"This is Liz. Her Riolu's missing. We're heading south, but pan out. Tobi, take the right, Kyoko, the left. Head South with us, but keep an eye out for Liz's Riolu, got it?"

He stood once more, offering a hand to Liz to help her up if she'd joined him on the floor with the map.

"Okay, let's pack up your campsite and get moving. He can't have gotten too far."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Sep 16 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten was at a loss. Gera, a Pokemon who wasn't one to get lost or wander off, has completely and utterly disapeared off the map. No one in town had seen the little Steel type anywhere, and Walten was sure it was following close behind him before it vanished. There seemed to be only one explanation for this, and that was that Gera had gotten left behind at their little campsite a little south of town. Well, it was either that, or it'd been Poke-napped. Walten didn't want to think about that scenario, though.

As Walten was making his way back to the stump on which he'd napped on earlier, Don escaped from her ball and perched on her master's shoulder. In her mind, she had a good idea about where the pesky Klink was, and that was in a field of lush berries, with it hogging them all to itself! She didn't like the idea of this one bit, and squawked in both anger and annoyance. So, she figured as soon as Walten found his way back to where they stayed earlier, she'd take off and find the greedy little Klink.

When Walten finally made it, he yelled for Gera multiple times. Instead if Gera, his worst fears answered in response; there was no sign of it here, either. He slumped onto the tree stump, wiped the sweat off his face and sighed. He looked up at Don, who was high above the trees and squawking wildly, and shook his head. The noisy bird would attract unwanted attention. He tried calling her back to her ball, but found she was too high up for it to reach. It was at this time an Idea popped into his head.

"Don! Get down here!" he yelled, "I might have an idea for how we could find Gera!"

Don, barely able to hear her master, flew back down and perched on a branch.

He explained to her that Gera might have gotten lost in the woods, and that they should look deeper into them to find it. He also explained that they shouldn't split up in fear she'd get lost, too, but rather have Don search up in the air, with himself right below her, calling out for Gera.

Don squawked "GAR!" in response and took off, heading south-west, and calling out "GAR! GAR!" repeatedly. Walten followed close behind her, calling out for Gera and keeping his eyes on Don, in case anything were to happen to her.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Sep 17 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE Team

A tear slid down her cheek as she fell to her knees. Liz wiped away the tear, smiling in relief at Tag’s enthusiasm. Her own body drained of energy as though her soul had left her. She could barely nod numbly in response. A blue light woke her from her stupor, and she discovered its source with a gasp of awe. A Froslass and a lady bug with white gloves gazed at her unblinking as Tag introduced them to be Orin and Suzu. Though exhausted, she managed to pull together a single question that struck her as absurd.

“Oran? As in the berry?” Liz smiled at the idea of naming Pokémon after berries; a Cleffa might be named Pecha, and a Charmander dubbed Tamato. The idea was amusing to her. Maybe there was a Gyarados out in the world named Rawst. She almost laughed, until the emotional pain of her fear struck her again. In her depression she dismissed the idea; the name of the bug discontinued it anyways, Liz thought. She watched as Suzu fluttered away in a buzz of wings.

The Froslass lingered, bowing to Liz as an odd respect before floating away on the breeze. She watched her go with awe. The beautiful ice and ghost type was majestic in its movement, like a white ballerina in the air. She found herself wondering whether or not Tag had told the truth when he said he was a trainer. His Pokemon alone held great potential for contests, and she questioned whether or not she should tell Tag of her assessment. His next two Pokémon only confirmed her idea, as the Vulpix and Bellossom held a grace Liz couldn’t deny.

"Your Pokémon are beautiful,” she managed to whisper. It was all she could make of it at the moment, for Tag pulled Liz to her feet, and her attention returned to her trauma with an aching sigh. She scooped up Guinevere with her, letting the Ralts rest on her bag as she cleaned up the rest of her camp. In quick movements she plucked item after item from the ground. Luckily enough, her Pokémon had made little progress on unpacking, allowing her an easy clean up. Ryan would have kept things clean, she thought, and again she scolded herself for such negative thoughts. Desperately she searched her brain for something to take her mind off of it. Consideration of what Tag had said seconds before made her grow increasingly ashamed. She had forgotten her own Pokemon after Tag's had filled the camp.

In a single movement she retrieved a Pokéball from her belt and released Serena, outstretching a hand to the bird. Serena came to rest on her thin wrist with a chirp. Liz stared into her eyes at the Taillow, her gaze determined.

“Serena, Ryan’s gone missing. Can you head east and search for him? Tag and I are heading South to Baccate. You can double back and meet up with us once you’ve checked around.” After a moment's thought she leaned in and whispered something. Serena’s eyes widened lightly, but she chirped nonetheless and took off, soon out of sight. Liz sent a prayer with her flying Pokemon.

Like the dove returned with the olive branch, please, please come back with Ryan.

She considered other options of search. Though her first thought was of aura, which only made her want to cry again, she remembered how some trainers could teach canine Pokemon to track scents. She released her Growlithe and watched almost wistfully as he landed in the dirt at her feet. He barked at her, licking her hands playfully. She stroked his fur, all the while staring him in the eyes.

"Greg, this is Tag, Tobi, and Kyoko." She pointed at them in turn with her forefinger. Greg fearlessly approached the tattooed trainer and sniffed his feet. He barked as if in confirmation before turning his attention to the Bellossom and Vulpix. He glanced over the grass type, his attention falling eagerly on Tobi. Greg barked at the fox Pokemon and he fell onto his forepaws, his tail wagging in a clear sign of desired play. Liz knelt down and rubbed his fur virogously, chuckling. "We can't play now, Greg. We've got work to do. Ryan's missing. Think you can help us look for him on our way to Baccate?" She laughed again as the dog licked her cheek and stepped out beside Kyoko, sniffing the ground in search of Ryan's scent. He checked Liz for approval and, at a wave of her hand, set off happily into the forest in a Southerly manner. His trainer followed at an even pace, not wanting to run after her previous jog.

Watching her own Pokemon, Liz's mind wandered back to Tag's team.

"You know," she said to Tag, "your Pokemon would be amazing in a contest, I think. They have great potential." She smiled down at the Bellossom and Vulpix. "They probably already know a lot about double battles if they've trained for gym battles. And I bet combination moves are second nature to them." She imagined the Belossom firing a stun spore attack, paired with a will-o-wisp for a blazing rain. It would be an amazing combo, both to pull off and watch, yet Liz felt her heart soften at the idea. She considered other topics to talk about.

"So, Tag. How many badges do you have?" Liz hoped casual conversation might lift her spirits. "I don't have any ribbons myself, but like I said before, I'm anxious to enter a contest. Are gym battles particularly difficult? What kind of Pokemon have you met on your journey?" She stopped herself and blushed, embarassed to have let loose a barrage of questions. She realized she was excessively nervous and reassessed what she was trying to ask. "What I mean is," she said slowly, "you seem to have been with your Pokemon on your journey a lot longer than me. Is there anything really interesting you've ever seen or done?"

In the back of her mind a seed of doubt lingered. She shrugged it off, desperately clinging to anything familiar; it felt as though the solid rock beneath her feet had turned to slipping sand. The feeling was bitterly familiar, yet she struggled to place it. She figured that she hadn't felt sorrow this great since-

Liz gasped at the realization. She hadn't felt this pain since her father had died.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 18 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Orin..." Tag looked a little embarassed. He'd never had to reveal where the names come from before, so it seemed a little odd explaining it for the first time. "...comes from 'Hyorinmaru'. All of my pokemon's names are derived from the names of swords."

He heard Liz whisper something barely audible about his pokemon, but couldn't quite make it out. Inwardly, he hoped that she'd said something nice. Before he could ask, however, Liz summoned her Taillow, who after a verbal command and a whispered one, disappeared off into to the air headed east as Tag had suggested. To add to their entourage, she summoned a Growlithe. Tag allowed himself a small smile as the fire-puppy bravely advanced, sizing the much larger Tag up and down with unsurprising scrutiny. The Growlithe, Greg, took an immediately playful liking to Tobi.

The vain Vulpix tilted his head slowly, then turned it away, nose upturned. Tag shook his head, the small smile remaining on his face; Tobi had turned into such a spoiled brat since his rescue from Lenoilia. Tag had certainly expected a regal, intelligent pokemon, but it appeared that Tobi thought very, very highily of himself.

As Greg bounded forward, Kyoko and Tobi parted as well, heading out to form a sort of 'net', in order to spread out their shared field of vision. This would make it easier to spot the Riolu on their way down to Baccate, should they have had the fortune to cross paths.

Liz suggested contests, and made a surprisingly good argument for it. He shrugged as he slipped his hands into his pockets while they walked:

"I'm sure they would be. I'm the one who'd make a poor co-ordinator. I've been a battling trainer all my life; my fighting style is more function than form, really. Really, they don't go for 'combination moves' in the way that co-ordinators do. For instance, I had Suzu use 'Encore' on Chloe of Gigarte's Cradily after it used Sandstorms. Then I had Tonbo use 'Disable' on it, which locked it into Struggle for a little bit."

He looked over at Tobi and Kyoko, who'd both moved ahead a bit to keep pace with Greg the Growlithe, and he wondered whether or not they'd enjoy something like a contest. They certainly seemed determined in battles, but perhaps they'd like the chance to show off their skill.

"I have two badges." He reached into his pocket, drawing out the old cigarette case that contained his badges. Flipping it open, he pulled out the two Furoh badges while the badges from the rest of the regions jingled around. "Twilight and Emberwing." Setting them back in, he slipped the case back into his pocket, where it usually lived. "Gym battles are outrageously difficult. I'm surprised I even have two badges."

He raised an eyebrow at her next question, pausing to think in the air.

"I think I can safely say I've met all the non-fossil, non-legendary pokemon from all of the regions except for Unova, but I'm starting to meet those here in Furoh. I started journeying roughly...11 years ago. I used to be a Dragon Trainer, training only Dragon Pokemon." A faraway look crossed his eyes as he continued to walk, not really paying attention to his surroundings.

"There were rumours for awhile that I tried to scale the Sky Tower in Hoenn, where Rayquaza lived. There was another one that I tried to break into the Distortion World via Sendoff Spring in Sinnoh." He looked down at Liz with a bit of a smirk. "Both are true. I did try. The pokemon there were just too powerful for me, so I never got to meet those legendary Dragons."

Noticing that Liz started to sag a bit, overcome with grief, Tag reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder. He figured that what she felt was something similar to how he felt when he had been exiled from Blackthorn and had his pokemon confiscated. He'd tried to kill himself; hopefully she wasn't as overdramatic as he had been.

"So..." he stammered a bit, trying to find more conversation to occupy their time while they walked, looking for the missing Riolu. "Suzu is short for 'Suzumushi', which means 'Pure Insect'. After I stopped being a Dragon Trainer, she was my first pokemon, hatched from an Egg back home in Johto. 'Bachi' is my Nidoking, who's not with me at the moment. His name is short for 'Suzumebachi', which is short for 'Giant Hornet'. Tobi, you see over there, is named after 'Tobiume', which means 'Flying Plum Tree'. Kyoko is short for 'Katen Kyokotsu', or 'Flower Heaven, Crazy Bone'. Tonbo, whom you met earlier, is short for 'Haguro Tonbo', or 'Iron Drink Dragonfly'. Kana, my Spinda, is short for 'Sakanade', or Counter-Stroke. Uchi, my Nosepass, is named after 'Tsuchinamazu', which means 'Soil Catfish'. Lastly, my Mareep is named Enka, after 'Raika Goen Kaku', or 'Lightning Flash, Flame Shell'."

After a moment, Tag looked to Liz once more: "Maybe...maybe I can join you in the next Contest? Maybe I can give it a shot. For fun."

Fun. That in itself was a rather strange concept. Tag can't remember the last time he did anything purely for enjoyment. He worried that he wasn't able to do it at all. He internally groaned: Taggarty Lee had forgotten how to have fun.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Oct 6 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten looked up to the sky when he heard Don shriek for his attention. As he saw her circle above a small area in the sky, Walten figured it to be one of two scenarios; either she found something relating to their search of Gera, or she found something relating to her search of a filled belly. Either way, he felt it wouldn't hurt to follow the little bird's cries of attention. He followed her all the way to a small clearing. By the looks of the surroundings, it seems as if someone had just packed up their things and left. Anyhow, it looked like a perfect area for starting up a little camp for lunch.

Don could have sworn she smelled food around this area, and she just knows that Gera is hogging a whole gourmet of food all to itself, the greedy little thing. This thought infuriated her, and she flew off as fast as she could to the south, shouting "GAR!" all the while.

Walten was surprised when he saw Don fly off. Didn't she want to stop and eat here? He figured that to be the reason she called him to the area, but he could be wrong. So, he packed up his bag and chased after the bird.

Don, finally coming to her senses, just couldn't believe that she just skipped out on a nice lunch. She squawked in annoyance with herself, but soon remembered that Gera was hiding out in a field filled with berries. Her stomach rumbled with anticipation, and she took off faster, only to smack head first right into the back of a strange man. She flailed around on the ground a bit, before getting back up. She then squawked and flew back to Walten, who was just a few steps behind her.

Walten sighed and picked up Don, placing her on his shoulder. He looked at the two people standing in front of him, a man and young woman. It was obvious she smacked right into one of the two, he could see a lump developing on her head. "Sorry if she hurt you. She can be a bit... Out of her head on an empty stomach..." At this he pulled a berry and fed it to her.

"My name is Walten, and this is Don," He motioned his hand over to the now satisfied Murkrow. "We're looking for my Klink, named Gera. It went missing earlier today, and we've been looking high and low for it. You woundn't have happened to have spotted it, would you?" He knew it was a long shot to ask these strangers, but he at least hoped they would have some sort of information for him.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Oct 16 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

PANE Team

Liz listened intently to Tag. The origin of Orin’s name surprised her greatly. It was intriguing to see such depth in nicknaming one’s Pokémon. She considered playing with the idea later and made a mental note to do so before Tag revealed a small box holding his badges. Liz was stunned by the gleaming multitude, but it was his honesty and experience that really captured her; before her eyes he transformed from a tattooed teenager to a wise old man weaving stories of adventure. He told her how long ago it was since he first started his journey, and the years made her almost gape in amazement. Eleven years ago? I’m barely older than his entire journey! Such a revelation shocked her beyond words. To her, it was as though she had just boarded the S.S. Anne and sailed off to Furoh with Lilycove City at her back. She knew she would have felt increasingly inferior to him, if not for the respect with which he spoke to her.

His mentioning of Dragon Pokémon aroused new thoughts. Liz was surprised to learn such a trait of his past. He hardly seemed like a man who would train ferocious beasts. A glance at his dainty Bellossom and feminine Vulpix seemed to disprove his claims, until he moved on to his attempted feats. The legendary names of Rayquaza and Giratina awed her further.

She realized then that Dragon Trainers came in many shapes and forms, like all trainers. Some were arrogant and boastful, as she had previously stereotyped them; others were kind and wise, with Tag among them.

A hand fell on her shoulder, and Liz looked up into the soft eyes of Tag. They comforted her to a great length and she felt her spirit lifting. She pushed away her dark worries and focused on the moment, glad to be rid of the weight on her shoulders. Tag went on to explain his other Pokémon’s nicknames.

She was smiling by the time he had finished. The ‘Flower Heaven, Crazy Bone’ was most intriguing of them. What would inspire that name, she wondered. Before she could ask, Tag paused and spoke softly.

"Maybe...maybe I can join you in the next Contest? Maybe I can give it a shot. For fun."

Liz’s face broke into a wide smile and she blissfully forgot her question.

“Really? I mean, that’s great! It would be so much fun to have someone I know with me!” She blushed, but her enthusiasm kept her from quieting. “Even if it’s just ‘for fun’, I think you’ll enjoy it. But I guess I can’t speak from experience quite yet. That doesn’t mean it isn’t worth a shot. With such a diverse team as yours, you have a lot of options to go with for appeal and battle team.” She glanced down at Guini, who suddenly grown warm in her arms. The Ralts sent a blip of feeling to her trainer, one of pride and sheer happiness. It lifted Liz’s heart to cloud nine. She rubbed the psychic type’s head softly, glancing at Tag. He had a somewhat faraway look in his eyes.

A dark shape appeared from behind him. Liz gasped and was seconds from warning him, but it was too late; a black Murkrow slammed into Tag’s back. It fell to the ground clumsily, but it wasn’t long for its senses to return and it rose, squawking at Tag as though it were his fault. The bird flew to an elderly man, who set it on his shoulder.

The man apologized and introduced himself as Walton, the Murkrow being Don. He then asked if either of them had seen a Klink. Liz frowned slightly at the name and retrieved her Pokedex from her bag, snapping it open with her thumb and flitting through it until she found the data under Klink.

"Klink, the Gear Pokémon. Two bodies comprise a fixed pair. They spin around each other to generate electricity." The image revealed two gears with blank expressions, locked together in an eternal rotation.

She turned it off and tucked it in her pocket. Turning her attention to Walton, she realized something both she and the man had in common; they both had lost one of their Pokémon. She considered the possibility of it being a coincidence. Immediately she dismissed it. Liz figured that if both disappearances had occurred at about the same time, it was likely suspicious. She stared solemnly into Walton's eyes and shook her head.

"No, I haven't seen your Pokémon. I'm Liz." A sigh escaped her. She quickly recomposed herself. “This is Tag.” She gestured to the tattooed trainer beside her before continuing: “My Riolu, Ryan, has also gone missing. We were heading to Baccate with our Pokémon to look for him. Would you like to join us?” She knew that three heads were better than one. Her only worry was that she would end up being treated as a child, what with both of the men being so much older than her. She only hoped she could maintain a certain level of maturity in their presence to earn a certain respect.

Greg noticed the pause behind him and stopped, turning to see what could possibly keep anyone from enjoying such an exciting march. He quickly spotted Walton and fell into a playful stalking crouch. With all the stealth of a puppy he snuck up behind Tag, peeking out at Walton. He let a second pass as he tensed, coiling up like a spring before surging past Tag’s legs, barking madly. Liz nearly shrieked and quickly grabbed him by the scruff, holding him back. Greg allowed this, yet he didn’t waste the chance to sniff Walton’s shoes. Liz laughed and rubbed his soft fur vigorously. She looked up at Walton.

“Sorry about that. Greg’s very... energetic.” She smiled and rose, and Greg returned to his post at the head. “Nothing like a ferocious dog to spruce up an exploration, eh? Maybe Ryan and Gera heard him and are on their way now.”

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Oct 31 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Appeal."

The word lacked a sort of auto-referential value to Tag; an appeal simply held no appeal to him. But, as he'd told himself, he was just going to try it out 'for fun'. Therein lay the merit in even considering the entering of a contest. Though, if the Hall Leaders had even an increment of the skill that the Gym Leaders possessed, perhaps the battle-veteran Taggarty Lee could deign to enter a contest.

Part of his brain erupted in protest, insisting that a contest would throw away all the years of training and skill he'd been slowly acquiring over a decade of journeying and battling. The other part of his brain, the less stubborn part, insisted, in turn, that it would allow him to expand that part of his brain, giving him more flexibility and creativity in battle. Tag rarely had the opportunity to beat his opponents by textbook means anymore; he no longer had the firepower of an entire arsenal of dragon pokemon under his belt. A little expansion to his creativity couldn't hurt.

"You'll have to explain it all to me." the older man couldn't hide his confusion towards the entire concept of contests. Luckily, Liz seemed well versed in the form, and the mention of battle seemed to set his mind at ease. He'd heard that Contest Battles used a point system on top of the 'make-your-opponent-eat-dirt' system he was accustomed to, so he'd definitely have to learn that. Assumedly, the point system based its scoring on how pretty a technique was. Tag's mind shifted to his team, to see which of their moves he'd consider 'pretty'. The other day, back in Gigarte, he'd had Tobi use a Sunny Day + Flash Fire + Flamethrower, which had been really impressive, both in terms of display and damage. But, with his current team lacking that sort of synergy, Tag had no idea how to pull something like that off. Liz seemed to have a good idea for his team, or at least more of an idea that he possessed on his own, so he made note to ask her for advice once they'd found her missing Riolu.

Too far lost in thought, Tag had let his guard down. He now paid the price in full as he stumbled forward, immediately irritated that something drummed up the moxie to attack him. His hands flashed to his pokeball belt, where the two final pokeballs for Tonbo and Enka, his Mareep, rested. He whirled around, ready to summon them to the potential battle, but stopped when he saw the gentleman before him scoop up the likely offending pokemon.

Starting with the Murkrow, Tag cast a quick scan of the man in front of him. He seemed a few years older than Tag, but definitely carried the same air of a veteran traveller. He wasn't sure precisely what details gave it away, but he likened it to a sort of sixth sense for kin. He'd felt it in a few other people before, so there was the chance that he was simply getting better at recognizing like souls. On the other hand, this 'like soul' was far better dressed than most people Tag had met in Furoh.

The dandy introduced himself as "Walten", which seemed like a slightly odder variation of "Walter" or "Elton", but Tag really had no right to judge a person based on the silliness of their names; his shortened name seemed to draw reference to a children's game. Liz took the liberty of introducing him, so the intimidating looking trainer took a sort of strange pleasure in nodding silently with a stern look on his face.

The mention that Walten, too, was searching for a missing pokemon immediately waved red flags in Tag's mind. This made the second person in the span of an hour or so to be missing a pokemon in the same area. While it appeared likely that both pokemon could've simply wandered off, Tag didn't like to place his faith in that sort of coincidence. Immediately, worry for his own pokemon started to surface in his mind, and he wished he'd thought up a way to summon them back from their missions. Unfortunately, mentioning that it wasn't simply coincidence had the potential of lowering morale for Liz, and he didn't feel like dashing the young girl's hopes before they'd even started looking.

Liz's Growlithe burst his reverie by cavorting about in a puppy-like manner. Greg, thus far, had evidently not picked up his comrades' scent yet, which meant that they probably hadn't honed in on them yet.

"I can't imagine they've gotten too far away." Tag assured the two trainers. "I also can't imagine that we'll find them by standing around here." He looked to Walten "Liz and I have dispatched our more mobile pokemon to scan the forest; they're to meet us back in Baccate." He eyed the Murkrow on Walten's shoulder, studying her curiously. "Is there a chance that...Don...here, could keep an eye out from above us?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:04 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.