Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Baleful Beast of the Beauteous Baccate Backcountry
colourcodedchaos
post Nov 19 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #21

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

((OOC: Hi! I'm new, and Kamaitachi's the only person who's said anything about my posting here. What I'll do is stick something up here, and if people don't like it then I'll delete it and move along. I hope you like it, though! =]))

"I don't get it, lady. I don't get it."

"Tynamo."

"I really do not get how a human being with as much computer equipment on their person as you do..."

"Tynamo."

"Can try to get to Daioh and fail so magnificently."

"Tynamo?"

"Man. Tyke."

"... Mooooow..."

"I mean, you took a boat, lady."

"Ty... ty?"

"We don't even have a port!"

"Tyna-Tyna-Tyna-Mo?"

"And for Pete's sake keep your Pokémon under control, I don't want them freakin' out my kid. I ain't telling you again."

"... Ty?"

"Mantyke... Mantyke tyke ma ma Mantyke."

"Tyna... TY!"

"Daddy, the fishy's trying to rub itself on me and I don't like it get it off get it off get it off!"

"Tynamo!"

"Okay, I've had it. Get the hell outta my truck, ya freak."

THUD.

"TYNA-"

THUD. THUD.

"TYNAMO! TY! TYNA TY!"

VREEEEEEEE...

"Man... Mantyke? Mantyke Mantyke."

"... That fool... that fool shall be first to taste the wrath of Demented Doctor-"

"Mantyke."

"Oh. Yeah. Forgot for a moment."

"Tyke."

"Thanks, sweetie. C'mon, you two, let's try and find somewhere to sleep tonight."

"Mantyke?"

"Tyyynamo?"

"Tyke."

"... Tyna."

"You don't have anything to apologise for, little guy."

"Tyna?"

"As sure as I am that Solargirl's a pretty nasty and misogynist insult in Zikthuji now."

"Ty!"

"Tynamo."

"Mantyke."

"I love you too."

Let's take a step back for a moment. Consider the woman in white, her body scarred to within an inch of its life (and indeed hers), her long coat covered in pencil drawings and, at the hem, the tan dust from the Baccate dirt road. She is tall and lissom, though the long black boots are perhaps overdoing things a bit, raising her another three inches to 6'1" of wiry paleness. Her long black hair's equally dusty from her abrupt exit from the truck, and the fact that her only shampoo on board the ship from Cerulean to... wherever the hell this was had been Mantyke's launching Bubble at her scalp had made it lose its usual lustre. It was better than when Tynamo had tried to help with a Spark, though. People at the Power Plant had thought she was going through an Eighties phase. She is not crying, rather deliberately

At her side as she trudges towards some deadly dull collection of two-up-two-downs and one tiny village shop are the two Pokémon that so worried the daughter of the truck driver (largely by existing). Mantyke is swooping gently around her shoulder and nuzzling her right cheek (at least, to the casual observer that's what it looks like; in reality, the little lamb's rubbing the lumpen scar tissue that comprises the remains of her trainer's right ear), while Tynamo, scamp that he is, is swirling all over the place doing elaborate midair tricks to try and cheer her up a bit. If it weren't for his typing, the woman would swear blind he had a brain made of rocks, but as it stands she'll settle for him having one made of bugger-all. Still, she loves the pair of them and wouldn't have them any other way, although perhaps stronger would be nice.

As it stands, they're nice enough - both level 10, with a little light EV training and fairly well-bred. They'll be part of a worthy team one day. All that matters to them right now, though, is trying to cheer up the nice human from the hospital who took care of them. She was kind, when so many others were indifferent or-

"Tyke?"

A change fell over Mantyke: her bright eyes became dulled slightly, as if the colour had been drained, and she stopped nuzzling the woman.

"Tyyyyyke..."

"Mantyke, sweetie, are you okay - Mantyke!"

She was too late. Mantyke had sped off in the direction of a decidedly dodgy-looking deciduous forest as fast as she could. Admittedly, this wasn't very fast at all, but she got the drop on both of them and had built up too much of a lead by the time they sprang into action. It didn't help that Tynamo wanted to stay by his trainer's side and keep her moving. Eventually, she ran out of steam entirely, and Mantyke disappeared into the trees.

The woman collapsed to the ground, her lungs feeling like they'd been filled full of nails and then deep-fried. Tynamo was torn for a moment, but then stayed by her side, zipping about and rubbing himself against her prone, shaking body until it wasn't shaking any more.

This, understandably, took a while.

After said while, she got up. A keen observer would have noticed the tear tracks on her face through the dust, but said keen observer would likely have been put off due to the huge scar now visible across her face, ancient and malevolent as an Outer God. She sniffed, blew her nose on a hankie, and set off towards the woods to call for Mantyke.

It was hopeless. The little creature was nowhere to be found, and the boiling midday sun had drifted languidly towards twilight by the time the pair emerged from the woods. Neither spoke; they'd shouted themselves completely hoarse. Neither looked at each other as they trudged towards the hamlet's lights. Neither dared.

As they journeyed, though, they came across three people, a girl of indeterminate youth with a couple of much older men in tow. Her eyesight sharp even through the veil of tiredness and sorrow, she noticed they both had Pokéballs on their respective persons. She picked up the pace and tried to shout for their attention, but it just came out as a dry rasp that turned into a hacking, painful cough. Tynamo zipped on ahead, crashed into the larger man's leg, bounced off into the air and came back to earth just in time to realise that this was probably going to sting a bit. He was wrong. It hurt. Quite a lot.

"Tyyyyyy... mo mo mo mo mo mo mo..."

Forcing her tired body to go faster, she ran over to the prone Pokémon and clasped him to her chest, telling him over and over that it was going to be alright. Then, she spoke to the trio that they'd finally caught up with.

"Hello. My name's... Doc- Adelaide Robinson... and s-something's... happened to... to my Mantyke. Have you... seen her?"

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Soos
post Dec 11 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 167 521

Plus a Klink

Walten scanned the two people in front of him. The young woman introduced herself as Liz, and the older man next to her as Tag. Walten thought Tag was a rather funny name, although his name was rather strange itself. He tried thinking of his parents, the people who attached the name to him, but to no avail.

He almost began to wonder if his parents were even still alive, and if so, where they lived, but before he could get lost in thought, Liz mentioned that her Pokemon had gone missing itself. He held his hand to his chin, wondering if this was just coincidence, or if some strange force had caused this to happen. He figured he wouldn't bring that up, though. Liz was young, and Walten thought the idea of one of her being kidnapped would crush her.

After the rude interruption, Don flew by the tattooed man's shoulder and gave him a loud "GAR!" right in the ear before flying up to a tree branch. She watched Walten get tackled by a Growlithe and squawked in annoyance. She didn't have time for them to stick around and play, she had to go find Gera and the bountiful field of fruit it was keeping all to itself, so she flew off in the direction they were heading before she crashed.

Walten nodded his head at Tag's idea, "Indeed, she can. In fact, that's what she was doing before... Well, you know the rest." He chuckled a bit. As he turned to call down Don and give her instructions, she was gone too. He called out her name, and heard her cry, "GAR!" further ahead in the forest.

"It seems she's already ahead of us" He straightened his hat and started off in her direction before he small Pokemon and a woman burst out of the woods.

--------------------
PANE Character (click to show)

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 18 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #23

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

((I had no idea what to write, since Dragonwish was the threadrunner. So...I defaulted to a battle?))

Tag winced in displeasure as Walten's Murkrow cawed in his ear. He'd asked a simple question of the bird, honestly, it didn't require such an awkward response. Perhaps the crow still had a vendetta against Tag for having stood in the path of her flight. While he hadn't intended to do so, seeing as he had simply been standing, the vengeful crow probably blamed him for her poor lack of vision.

Then, with very little warning, a small eel creature flew out of the underbrush and in to Tag's leg. There was a slight sting from the spot of impact, and Tag looked down, irritated and confused. Eels weren't exactly native to forests. The irritation quickly subsided as he watched the little creature moan on the ground.

Behind the eel, an oddly dressed and scarred woman rushed in to scoop and comfort her pokemon. Introducing herself as Doc Adelaide, she proceeded to ask about her pokemon, a Mantyke. Tag recognized the look as the same one Liz had worn when she'd noticed her Riolu missing.

"We haven't, Doc." Tag looked to the motley crew that had all fortuitously assembled, three of them missing Pokemon. "But it's getting more and more suspicious. Liz and Walten here are also missing pokemon."

"In the mean time, after that bird." Tag pointed the group after the caw of the Murkrow. According to his calculation, it was heading in the direction that his Ledian, Suzu, had gone. He put his fingers to his lips, letting out an incredibly sharp whistle. The trill pierced the air easily, resounding through the forest. First, Kyoko and Tobi burst from the cover from different directions, and in one swift move, Tag drew their pokeballs and returned them.

"Calling my pokemon back", Tag explained to the group around him, "They'll come looking for me."

Tag, potentially being one of the more limber of the group, followed closest to the Murkrow, whistling occasionally. As they ran Tag looked back to keep tabs on the group. He wasn't entirely sure whether or not he could trust groups like this; there was always the chance that one amongst them was the one stealing all of the pokemon. However, he'd been a part of odd groups before and it had been the source of most of his adventures.

Though, a nagging part of his mind continued to probe the possibility that any one of them could be Team Deception agents pulling a double gambit on them. But, at least he had been convinced that their Pokemon were actually missing, just from their eyes alone. Whether or not they were excellent liars remained to be seen.

In a moment, Tag's Ledian appeared through the foliage, settling on Tag's shoulders.

"Find anything?"

Suzu shook her head softly, resting her head up against Tag's cheek.

"Walten, any idea where Don is leading us?"

Regardless of Walten or Don's responses, a jet black pulse of energy lanced out of the air, aimed directly at the leading Don. As the group closed the distance, several similar pulses began raining down towards them, slamming into the path before them. As Tag screeched to a halt, he placed a hand on Liz to keep her from running forward into the barrage. "The hell?" He blinked owlishly around, looking for a source.

As if on cue, several Gastly faces appeared in the air, followed by their gaseous bodies. Grinning wickedly at the team, they broke formation and began to swoop down at them.

"Take them out!" Tag ordered, dropping a pokeball on the ground before rearing back to his full height. "Enka, Discharge." Leaping from her ball into the crowd of Gastly, Tag's Mareep took a moment to look back at Tag. He looked back at her, confused, then nodded at her. With a happy noise that Tag could only imagine was a laugh, the sheep let loose a surprisingly powerful electrical vortex, which ripped easily through the cloud of Gastly, scattering them around into more manageable groups.

"Everyone pick your target. Take them down."

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Dec 20 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

((Awesome post, and now battle shall be joined in earnest!))

The scientist could feel her heart hammering away in her chest. Both she and her Tynamo had been running (or the equivalent thereof) since mid-morning, and it was beginning to tell on them. Keeping up with the easy strides of Liz, Walten and the large man wouldn't have been easy for her at the best of times, but now her general lack of fitness was making her wheeze like a hacksaw encountering a particularly knotty bit of wood. Tynamo wasn't faring much better; he kept circling back and resting on Adelaide's shoulder to catch his breath and be stroked along his dorsal fin by her earrings.

In the meantime, the good Doctor was looking around at her compatriots - or rather, at their backs. Liz, the girl, seemed really rather young, even by the moderately insane standards of the world she'd come to be in. Of course, to her all girls seemed rather young; a problem more keenly felt when you can remember being that age and thinking twenty-four-year-olds were practically Palaeolithic. She seemed to have some experience, though, which was not what could be said for herself. It irked her a little, if she was being brutally honest, but now wasn't the time or the place for such thoughts.

The men, though, were very different. Walten had long, loping strides, which suggested ex-military, but nothing else about him did, which was strange. Adelaide wasn't even sure this planet had a military. Even though the Terra, Vola, Aqua and Astra Corps were only really kept around for ceremonial reasons back home, they were still extant. His larger friend, on the other hand, had a lot more raw power about him. He gave the impression that he could handle himself in a bar brawl, and now Adelaide was deeply regretting her lack of death rays. She didn't want to tangle with him and he kept looking at her with rampant distrust. Not only could she feel it coming off him in waves, her cyber-enhanced eye picked up the little vibrations of tension that shook him constantly. This man, whatever he was, had seen something that had deeply shaken him.

After about an hour's people-watching and trying desperately not to collapse, the group came to a stop as a lance of black energy smashed into the ground, leaving a smallish crater. Adelaide looked up in bone-deep shock. "Well, th-they came out of nowhere. Horrible gas monsters, a perfect end to a perfect frelling day. Reminds me of the last time I went to Norwich..." She then grabbed her Pokédex and scanned one of the Gastlies.

Gastly, the Gas Pokemon. Born from gases anyone would faint if enveloped by their body, which contains poison.

It then reeled off the stats and typing information. Adelaide smiled. This, she could deal with. She struck a pose, pointed at the knot of Gastlies on the far left and began to shout at it.

"Ackgarkhnarglehweeeeehgarkhrk..." That can't be good, she thought while she bent double from coughing. Oh well, let's try again.

"Ahemhem. FOOLS! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHOM YOU CROSS? I GIVE YOU THIS RARE CHANCE TO FLEE THE FURY OF THE DEMENTED DOCTOR SPATULA! TAKE IT, OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCE OF MAD SCIENCE!"

The Gastlies just looked confused. Adelaide suddenly remembered where she was and didn't dare look around at the others.

"You're not taking it then. Alright. Tynamo! Solo pattern Vola 5, Captain Splendiferous Edition!"

"TY!" Tynamo started to spin around, then shot into the cloud of Pokémon like a fishy surface-to-air missile. He collided with the first and went straight through it, still spinning. "Ty?"

Then he flipped around and turned to face them. "TYYYYYYY!" The Thunder Wave had a much bigger effect, knocking a few of the foes to the ground and scattering the rest. He summoned his electricity once more and blasted back to earth. With a flash of actinic light, two of the Gastlies were no more.

The rest did not take kindly to this.

Tynamo simply wasn't fast enough to deal with the furious barrage of Psywaves, Hypnoses and Night Shades that followed. One even summoned a burning fist from its constituent gases - and this was what tagged the little brave little physics-breaking eel thingy. Tynamo went down in a hail of fire after attempting to stutter-step with his Sparks, and he took out a few before the Fire Punch hit him in the side. After that, he was mobbed by the ghosts. Hypnosis after Hypnosis smashed into him before finally they got the hint. Then they turned towards the rest of the group.

Adelaide rushed over to her sleeping, fainted friend. "Tynamo, are you alright? Don't turn your backs on me, you inbred, shiftless, emo clouds! I've got a carbon sequestrator with your names on it, you see if I don't!"

They didn't turn their backs on her. Instead, they turned towards her. And kept on coming.

"... Ah."

When Mantyke awoke, she was in a box with a gear in it.

This certainly didn't look like anywhere that she'd slept in the past month or so - Adelaide always kept her lodgings in total disarray and the gear was the only thing in the box. Logically, she assumed that the nice voices in her brain had not been nice at all, and in fact had taken her away from her Trainer.

From this position, Mantyke formed the argument that she needed to school a bitch.

As she prepared to charge up, she nudged the gear. Surprising her at first, the little thing shot into mid-air and gave a short, but very eloquent speech.

"Klink! KlinklinklinklinklinklinklinklinKLINK!"

"Man... tyke?"

"KLINK!"

Mantyke's expression softened into sadness. The Klink, which introduced itself as Gera, had told her that it was separated from its other half and absolutely terrified. The big Pokémon that had captured it didn't know how it worked - Klink fed on the energy they created from spinning around each other. Mantyke flopped down and told the little half-Klink to lie on her back, murmuring soft, calming words to the worried little gear. It landed gratefully on her back with a thump and swivelled a little to get a decent grip on her skin. With that, Mantyke growled and called upon her knowledge.

The lid of the box exploded in a shower of splinters as Mantyke's Bubblebeam hit it. She soared out and fled towards another box, Gera giving her directions by turning against her skin. They could hear footsteps behind them, but reached the box and smashed it with another Bubblebeam. The Klink skittered across to rejoin its fellow gear, then hid underneath Mantyke, spinning madly as it did. Mantyke made to calm them, but suddenly span round, some ancient bit of hindbrain twitching in fear and loathing.

"Hypno," said the Hypno. It sounded bored and gave Mantyke a look. It wasn't a nice look. It was deeply unpleasant, in fact. It said: You are nothing. It said: You are flawed, you have no value. It said: You are animal. It said: Perhaps you may be a pet, or perhaps you may be a quarry. It said: And the choice is not yours.

"Mantyke." Mantyke delivered a look in reply. It said: Bugger that.

The Hypno was swinging its watch back and forth and mumbling to itself, which was by now just making her annoyed. She floated gently to the floor, tapping a signal to the Klink beneath her, then charged, slamming into and through the legs of the kidnapper even as Klink grabbed its nose and turned. Mantyke heard a cartilaginous crunch and grinned.

Then it all went a bit wrong.

Gera had charged itself up until it was fair glowing with energy, but that wasn't enough to stop the furious Hypno's Psybeam from blasting it into next week. Mantyke screamed a challenge and fired off another Bubblebeam at her foe's head. It caught him right in what was left of his nose, causing him to growl in pain and fury.

It was at this point that the Psychic slammed into Mantyke's brain, knocking her cold. The Hypno gave the Alakazam who'd fired it a pointed look, to which he responded with utter smugness. Grunting, the Hypno lifted the two back into a brace of boxes before separating the two gears once more and heading off to look for a restorative berry.

In what remained of her consciousness after the Alakazam's attack had mangled it, Mantyke was still certain that she'd done the right thing.

((Yes, you really can breed a Gastly to have Fire Punch, I checked the wiki. You need a Dusknoir. Peculiar, but that's Pokémon for you. Oh, and I do hope that this is okay. I'm not entirely sure where I stand with regards to the section with Mantyke and Gera attempting to battle a Hypno with a massive level advantage on both of them, and thus I will expunge it from the post if it's breaking any bunnying rules...))

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Dec 22 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #25

Take a story and craft it well...
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 755

PANE Team

Liz felt a mild relief when she compared her situation to Walten’s. The elderly man appeared so calm in the face of his lost Pokémon, and she almost envied his and Tag’s assurance that the missing Pokémon would be found. Her back and shoulders straightened in a subconscious effort to imitate their doubtless determination. The Murkrow, Don, flew to Tag’s ear and screeched before settling on a branch nearby and, with one last impatient glance back at them, flying off. Liz held in a giggle at the tattooed man’s treatment from the bird, but she found it rather amusing in light of the otherwise solemn moment.

The trees rustled nearby, and she watched a small white and yellow creature fly into Tag’s leg before falling in a heap on the ground. Empathy struck her heart at the sight of it; the way it quivered and moaned so softly reminded her of sickness and death, or the agony of old scars. Pain like that could scar someone for life, she realized.

A woman appeared from the forest, following the white Pokémon’s path and breaking Liz’s thoughts. The woman picked up and clutched the Pokémon to her chest in a motherly hold while murmuring assurance to it. Liz observed her at a distance with mild shock and confusion. The woman’s dress brought to mind the analogy of a Pokémon professor gone wrong; that, or Professor Birch after a field trip. Scars covered her skin, and her flat eyebrows appeared drawn on. Her lab coat was stained on the hem and covered in erratic pencil markings and other foul stains. Liz felt the mild urge to demand that they aim for a Pokémon Center to clean her up. She grimaced at the sight of the most noticeable facial scar and quickly tried to cover for her reaction, hoping that she was unseen.

The woman noticed others after a short moment. Her eyes rose to the three other people in the clearing, and the young female trainer saw pain in her expression. She introduced herself in stuttered words as a Doctor and inquired about a lone Mantyke of hers.

Tag immediately came to the rescue and alerted her that, no, the blue Pokémon had not been spotted and explained Walten and Liz’s similar situations. The latter had recovered from her emotional episode and minor flashback, her face mostly blank with a small pained smile. She realized, then, that things were suspicious, and that something was most definitely wrong. Her darkened imagination was suppressed as Taggarty let out a loud whistle. Though she was first confused, she watched in awe as two of the man’s Pokémon, Kyoko and Tobi, reappeared. The tattooed trainer returned them immediately and explained that he was calling his team back, and that the others would reappear soon as well.

Liz felt inclined to keep Greg out by her side, too reluctant to lose her one close companion, but worry sprang up along the outskirts of her thoughts. She prayed that her other Pokémon would return soon, even if they returned without news. A soft touch came to her arm; the trainer shot a glance down at her bag and was surprised by the sight of Guini, whom she had forgotten briefly in the meeting with Walten and the doctor woman. The Ralts gave a small nod of reassurance that warmed her trainer’s heart. Liz returned Greg then, deciding that her Psychic type was enough for protection and search.

The female trainer scanned the forest eagerly as the group followed Don. In an attempt to distract herself she reevaluated her knowledge on Contests, deciding that if she was the one to help teach Tag, she had better know what she was doing.

Total knock outs in the battle round result with a win, though the ribbon can also be won if, when the time runs out, the Coordinator has lost less points than the challenged Contest Leader. There are four contest halls in Furoh; the Exotoxin ribbon contest in Gigarte, the-

She disrupted her thoughts as Tag’s bug Pokémon returned from amidst the woods; though she only could hear half of what he said, the news did not appear positive.

“Walten, any idea where Don is leading us?”

Though Liz found the question reasonable enough, it seemed something else did not agree, for at that moment blasts of black and inky waves struck the ground before them. Tag reached out and held Liz back, preventing her from running straight into the onslaught. She gaped at it and glared as Gastly poured out of the forest, grinning wickedly and lunging at them. Tag acted quickly and dispersed them into smaller clumps before Liz could even blink, using a formidable Mareep.

Tag set out the command of taking down the Gastly; his youngest companion was at first surprised by his sudden change, for he had immediately taken on the role of leader and set them out a task with great power in his tone. She shook off her initial amazement and focused her attention on the wild ghost Pokémon.

Guini leaped down from her trainer’s bag and prepared herself to fight. Liz nodded in affirmation and reached for her belt, tracing the smooth Pokéballs with her right forefinger. Her thoughts raced as she considered her options; unlike the Doctor, who was reliant on her Pokedex for information, she had already encountered Gastly before and was fairly well experienced with them.

Okay, Serena and Ryan are gone, she thought. I guess that’s good for something, Fighting types wouldn’t be much use in a battle against Ghost types. What are they weak to? Come on, Liz; remember how horror movies are rated? PG-D, parental guidance for disturbing images… Or psychic, ground, and dark. She smiled as she grabbed her Safari ball, throwing it into the air with a whirl.

The spirited trainer’s Zorua landed on the grassy forest floor with a boisterous yowl. Her bright blue eyes fell upon the Gastly, who continued to smile like a Banette doll. Kelli met them with her own grin that threatened darker things to come.

“Alright, girls,” Liz said dramatically. “Consider this Contest practice. Kelli, use your ability to copy your comrade. Guini, start off with double team.” The Pokémon reacted quickly; her Ralts multiplied until it surrounded a small duo of Gastly. With the Zorua’s ability in play, it soon became impossible to tell who was who, and the ghost Pokémon appeared rather confused.

One of the Gastly was bold enough to leer at the copies, its sharp teeth turning into a growl. The copy froze up briefly and then vanished, and Liz began to worry at the result of its mean look attack. The double team façade wouldn’t last forever; she needed to come up with another plan, fast. “Kelli, use captivate.” She smiled, realizing that the move would lower the Gastly’s major strength and leave them vulnerable to offensive moves.

A lone Ralts approached the Gastly with a charming smile, fluttering her eyelashes and swinging her white hips seductively. The ghost flashed a smile and licked Kelli’s face. She recoiled in disgust, her charm gone and replaced with contempt. Liz frowned momentarily, and then she realized her mistake: Normal-type moves had no effect on Ghost-types. What am I thinking? Time for Plan B.

“Let’s do this. Kelli, climb that tree and get ready,” she pointed at a nearby branch. “Guini, use teleport to meet her there. Keep your illusion on the ground.” Two of the copies vanished instantly, and though the movement pointed them out as the real Pokémon, the Gastly were too disoriented to launch a counter-attack on the fleeing individuals. Instead they defended themselves with another mean look barrage that eradicated the remaining copies. “Kelli, lose the illusion and jump into a faint attack. Guini, get on her back and strike with will-o-wisp,” Liz cried as the Gastly returned their attention to her.

The ghost’s turned to face their opponent and yelped in surprise. A white and green female warrior rode upon the back of a foxy steed; the warrior’s hands were lit up in glowing purple flames that streaked out behind her like a comet’s tail, decorating her red horns with sparks and ghostly stray embers. Kelli’s head tuft appeared like a flame itself in the sudden light, and she growled triumphantly as she flipped straight through the first Ghastly with an outstretched paw. Guini leaped from her back and spun, the flames circling her in a vortex. The flames shot out from her hands and circled the remaining foe. It moaned in agony as its vaporous form was inflicted with a terrible burn.

The two female fighters landed on the grass side by side, one kneeling on her forepaws and the other curtsying. Liz gave them a small applause and knelt to rub their heads. “That was brilliant. We’re so using that in a contest sometime. Let’s try that with some more- ah!” She let out a yelp as a silver nail tore through Guini’s chest; the Ralts fell on her hands, shuddering at the sudden curse attack. Kelli growled at the attacking Gastly and scared it back to its friend. Liz straightened and nodded to her Pokémon, her expression grave. She picked up her psychic Pokémon, holding Guini close to her chest. I should be better than this, she thought with a grimace. I had a type advantage and everything… What went wrong? She scanned her surroundings in search of a new strategy and spotted the Doctor, the defeated eel Pokémon held in her arms. More Gastly were approaching.

It’s Starfall Field all over again, she thought bitterly. Too many Pokémon to handle, and I’m too weak to battle them efficiently. At least last time there were people to help. Liz clasped her green friend ball and threw it in the air. In her anger, she felt no joy or appeal at Oreo’s joyful appearance, try as he might to swish his tail and dance in an adorable jig. “Oreo, use focus energy; Kelli, keep them at bay with faint attack.” Her voice was cold and emotionless. The battle no longer felt like a contest or appeal; it was only a fight to the death for her. She was battling to win, and she wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer.

Kelli ran into the fray with a mighty roar. She swung and bit at the Gastly while Oreo swung his tail and tensed, his eyes narrowing into a sharp glare. Night shades and hypnosis’ flew at the frenzied Zorua, but she took them in stride and returned each with her own attack. Though successful in taking down one or two, she fell to the ground after a grueling lick attack; the move had left her too paralyzed to retaliate. Liz returned her to her safari ball and growled out her next attack through gritted teeth.

“Razor shell.”

Oreo took the scalchop from his chest and held it out. The curved tip glowed and stretched into a sword like apparition of water which the otter Pokémon brandished readily. He squealed and slashed at the Pokémon, the water cutting through them and throwing them into the dirt. A fire punch hit him in the gut, the distraction forcing him to drop his scalchop. “Don’t stand down. Fight back with water gun,” his trainer ordered. The water Pokémon obeyed and squirted out a stream of water, dousing the ghosts and driving them away.

“Gastly!”

The teenager turned and addressed the first two Gastly, the very ones that had cursed her Pokémon. She glared at them and spoke in a low voice. “Oreo, use-“

<No.>

Guini pushed her way out of her trainer’s arms and stood before the Gastly, arms spread wide and her head lifted high even as she trembled under the effects of the curse. Liz watched her with a startled expression, “Guini, you’re hurt. Get away from them.”

<No.>

“Don’t be stubborn! I’m not letting you faint just because you didn’t quit.”

The Ralts visibly shook her head, as if telepathy suddenly required too much energy to use. She held her hands together and waited silently. Confused, the Gastly rushed at her in an attack. Guini swung her hands out and sent them flying backwards. Her body shimmered, and then glowed, turning into a brilliant white. Liz gaped at her Pokémon as it stretched and grew an entire foot taller; its horns spread out to the sides of its head and its legs grew longer and thinner. Even Oreo and his opponent stopped fighting to watch the strange occurrence.

As the glow faded, Liz saw an entirely new Pokémon standing in the place of her Ralts. Joy radiated outwards from the shining new Kirlia and warmer her trainer's heart. “Oh my gosh. You evolved.”

<Yes.> She turned and looked over her shoulders, and her trainer sensed that she was amused at the statement. <Battle?>

“Oh, yeah!” Liz smiled with pride. “Show them your confusion, Guini! Oreo, keep up the razor shells,” she directed, not even bothering to look over her shoulder at her otter Pokémon. She could hear him squeal with delight, and that sounded good enough for her.

Guini spun in place and performed a pirouette, pausing to lean forward and outstretch her arm. The Gastly slammed into each other and moaned; while one fled into the forest, the other shooting out a confuse ray.

“Block it with will-o-wisp and use confusion,” Liz called out. The Kirlia’s hand shot out and shot out a stream of purple flames. It met the golden ray with a zing, and they exploded into sparks. She concentrated on the Gastly’s widened eyes and let out a pulse of psychic energy that slammed into it with great force, and it followed its companion into the shadows.

At her left shoulder, Liz could still hear Oreo fighting off another three ghosts. “Guini, let’s take them out!” With her joyful exclamation pointed at the group. “Oreo, use water gun. Guini, use confusion to boost the force of his attack.” She smiled thoughtfully; she was going to win, but she was going to win her way.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

Percentages and Truths (click to show)
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Dec 23 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

Adelaide could only watch as the ranks of Gastlies closed in on her. She wasn't an experienced trainer at all, really - even the child Liz was hammering the enemies into paste. Her way of fighting was so... elegant. Every subtle nuance was there, every dodge made, every necessary hit landed. Watching her fight took her mind off the fact that her sole remaining friend - not sole, not sole, I'd know if Mantyke was... was gone - was unconscious in her arms. He looked so peaceful, as if he was merely sleeping-

Wait a minute.

The doctor leapt to her feet and backed off from the advancing Gastlies. Idly, she noticed the one hurling Fire Punches all over the place was considerably weaker than its friends. Something to recall. As she moved, she grabbed her Pokédex from her pocket and scanned through it, looking for the entry on Exploud. Once she'd located it, she snapped it shut, grabbed a Potion from the side netting of her bag and forced it down Tynamo's throat, making sure he didn't drown in the process. She discarded the bottle and opened up her Dex again, cranked the volume up to as high as the inventively-hacked device could handle without shattering, and pressed the button on the touchscreen marked "Show Cry."

The resultant cacophony shook the little eel Pokémon out of his slumber with a confused and rather pained noise. Once his eyes were able to focus again, he glared at the advancing Gastlies, most of whom were giggling.

"Okay, Tynamo. You're alright, I'm here, I'm here. Now, we're going to try solo pattern Terra Omicron. Are you going to be okay?"

"... Ty," he said determinedly, as if he was wondering why she'd asked such a stupid question.

"Alright." The scientist took a firm but not painful grip on her little friend's body and dropped into a fencer's stance. None of your Errol-Flynn here, though; she was keeping her body tight and ready to move, her free hand snapped tight to her back and pushing her posture up. "Tynamo, Charge Beam!"

"TY!" With that cry, Tynamo summoned a small yellow orb of barely-contained lightning in front of his mouth. It then exploded forth into a beam of energy, still controlled and contained. Now she looked the part, like a true fencer.

The Gastlies looked confusedly at one another, then charged.

Adelaide tagged two of the weaker ones as she barged through the mass of Ghost-types, dropping down into red-bar levels of health according to her cybernetic eye. She spun on the pointed toe of her boot, forcing down a yelp of pain as something went twang in a less important toe, planted her back foot as if drawing power from the earth, and began to duel.

Each strike did sent the Gastly it hit reeling back with about fourteen to twenty per cent of its health bar gone, occasionally more when she caught one in a weak spot. Every time they launched a barrage of moves at her and her Pokémon, the doctor feinted out of the way, sometimes charging through them. Her Tynamo's beam faltered a little, but she kept on going, and now it seemed to be even stronger! No, wrong tense: her cybereye told her that it was stronger, reaching a second stage of boost from the attack. Tynamo's strange, huge-mouthed face was set in a fierce glare of concentration, lit up as it was by the golden beam of his power. She spun again and slammed two Gastlies at once into next week, watched them crash to the floor with a slim smile, and then noticed she was running into the path of a Fire Punch.

Adelaide decided, as she was lifted off her feet and sent sprawling against a tree, that she really didn't like that move. On the plus side, that Gastly was weak. But now it was coming in for the kill, and Tynamo was sinking back into unconsciousness. She stroked the little eel gently and told him he could stop. He did, and the Charge Beam winked out.

She placed him reverentially at her feet, pulled off her rucksack and produced a roll of electrical tape. Then, she beckoned at the Gastly to come and finish her off. The Gastly chuckled, readying its Fire Punch as it steamed towards her-

Straight at her own hand.

Which held an open Great Ball.

As the ball snapped shut, Adelaide swamped the ball in layer after layer of tape, the better to keep the Gastly caught. Eventually, the ball stopped trying to rip her hand off and her cybereye flashed a message.

[[Congratulations, Doctor. You have caught a Gastly. And it hates you.]]

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Soos
post Dec 28 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten watched as a small Tynamo crashed into Tag's leg, with a woman following behind it. She picked it up and introduced herself as a doctor. It seems her Pokemon had gone missing as well, a Mantyke at that. For some reason, Walten remembered seeing a group of Mantykes and their evolutions, although he had no idea where. Must be some sort of weird amnesia thing. He shook the feeling off the feeling and followed after Don with everyone else. Tag, at one point, questioned him as to where Don was leading them. Truthfully, he didn't have any idea himself.

Don flew on, following her nose to the nearest berry tree. She heard a small commotion back where the group was, but decided it would be best (for her) to continue on. It wasn't too long before she heard everyone following her. She landed on a branch and looked back to see the group, and found they'd picked up another member. It was a lady with some sort of white snake thing. She didn't really care, except for the fact that this meant there were more mouths to feed, and Don had to make sure she did her best to get the most food for herself. It was only fair, seeing as how she was leading them to the great field of food. Speaking of which, she remembered Gera, and how the greedy little thing was taking all the food to itself. She made note to not share any with him and was about to take off again before she saw a black shadow race across the distance. Although, with her keen eyes, she knew right away that it was a group of Ghastly they were about to deal with.

Battle quickly started, and she watched them all pick off most of the Ghastly. The annoying tall man used a Mareep, and the young-looking girl use little blue thing with a shell and her now-evolved Pokemon. Don then went into daydreaming about what it'd be like to be evolved. She might pester master about it later.

It was after she thought this that she remembered master didn't have any other Pokemon to protect himself with! Gera was gone, and she was daydreaming! She took off in Pursuit of a Ghastly right behind Walten, and smacked right into it before landing on his shoulder.

"Good going, there," Walten said before giving Don a congratulatory pat on the head. Don loved it when master gave her attention like this.

The Ghastly that was hit with Don's Pursuit attack rose back up. The annoying bird was gonna get what it deserved, the Ghastly thought to itself. It slowly rose up behind Walten and sent a blast of Hypnosis right at the small bird, hitting her head on. The Ghastly smiled at this and was about to go in for a Dream Eater when he realized the bird wasn't falling asleep. He was about to try putting it again before being Astonished right in the face by the small, annoying bird.

Don squawked angrily at the gas ball, warning it to not try getting near her again.

The Ghastly decided this target wasn't worth any trouble, and started floating off, in search of a new target.

Walten looked at Don, giving her a knowing smile; The Ghastly was retreating. "Go on, then" he told her, but she was already in Pursuit of it. She smacked right into the back of the Ghost type, sending it right into a tree. She then plucked a berry off a nearby tree and landed back on Walten's shoulder.

This post has been edited by Soos: Dec 28 2012, 03:14 PM

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 28 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag found himself surprised that once again he'd issued a command, and everyone present followed without hesitation. He paused to think for a moment, wondering if it was because he was usually the one with the first response, being a naturally quick strategist. But, his only move so far had been to disperse the swarm of Gastly into smaller, more manageable teams. Each of his makeshift companions had immediately scouted out and taken on just as much as they could handle. Maybe it was the commanding tone with which he usually spoke? Or perhaps it was because he was probably the tallest one in the group.

Then again, people rarely questioned intimidating men with tattoos on his face.

The cloud had broken up into chunks that Adelaide, Liz and Walten were handling with considerable aplomb, and as Enka bristled at the trio of remaining opponents before her, Tag appraised their battle styles with a nod of satisfaction. Adelaide's preferred style of battle matched her battle cry: "Demented". She had used her pokemon as a makeshift weapon, bodily throwing herself into the fray despite her scarred body. Then again, it made sense as to how she had gotten the numerous blemishes. Liz, meanwhile, fought with a grace surprising for one her age. She elegantly combined the skills of her two battling pokemon in a way that Tag recognized as the Co-ordinator's battle style. It managed to be both flashy AND effective. Lastly Walten and Don approached the battle with a nonchalance that put Tag's to shame. Don, despite being a rather pesky sort of bird, easily tore through her target, even pausing to rest on Walten's shoulder for approval. The trainer, himself, seemed fairly unfazed at the fact that a battle raged on around him, which was probably an excellent sign as to his experience.

Tag turned back to his battle, pushing the other commands and battle cries to the back of his brain, he watched as the three remaining Gastly converged on Enka. He watched as their eyes started to glow, which indicated that more than likely some debilitating status attacks were incoming.

"Suzu, Safeguard."

Flashing off of his shoulder, Tag's ever reliable Ledian inserted herself into the fray next to her partner Mareep. While it would limit Enka's wider area attacks, it would definitely help Tag set up the defensive buffer. Suzu quickly summoned a thin, shimmering silver veil that fell over her and Enka, and by extension, similar ones appeared around the other allied pokemon on the field. The Gastly trio's attacks launched, easily recognizable as a Confuse Ray and a Hypnosis, which bounced harmlessly off of the Safeguard veil. The third, however, turned out to be a Night Shade, which easily passed through the veil and slammed hard into his two pokemon. A frown curled on Tag's face; the Gastly trio's attack had been excellent co-ordinated; it was difficult defending that particular trio of attacks with Protect or Detect at his disposal.

Now his pokemon were on the defensive, and Tag briefly considered bringing another Pokemon to the field, considering he had Tobi, Kyoko and Tonbo in reserve. Ultimately, he decided against it; this was nothing that Suzu couldn't handle, and it was an excellent way to see just how well his training with Enka had gone.

"Enka, Power Gem!" With a happy sort of cry, the Mareep spun around and slammed her orb-tail onto the floor, apparently shattering it, though no visible damage had occured. Several shards of glittering, irregular shaped, yellow gems flew out, lashing out fiercely at the enemy ghost Pokemon. "Suzu, Acrobatics!" As the gas-clouds reeled from the Power Gem, Suzu flashed in with another dazzling display of mid-air agility and struck the center ghost with great force, sending it reeling.

A flash of light grabbed Tag's attention for a moment, and he turned in time to see little Guini evolved into a Kirlia. Despite the number of times Taggarty Lee had witnessed Pokemon evolution, he still found himself impressed by the beauty of the transformation. As the graceful Kirlia took center-stage in the battle, another flash of light pulled Tag's attention back to his own match.

Spurred by the moment and having felt their victory slipping away, the Gastly Trio that Tag had taken on took to mimicking Guini. The three ghosts, in pools of light as bright as they were dark, spread their forms, growing clawed hands and much more sinister bodies. Tag coolly stared down the trio of Haunter that now faced him, cackling as they honed their sights on his duo.

Without warning, a triad of Shadow Punches streaked across the battlefield, slamming hard into his two Pokemon before they had a chance to react. Tag winced at the sound of his Pokemon's cries; he'd severely underestimated the sudden spike in power and he now needed to even the playing field once more. His hand snapped to his pokeball belt, and he drew the pokeball for Tobi. As he started to reach forward with it, he stopped short at the sound of a familiar battle-cry.

A flurry of frozen blades lanced through the air from behind him, slicing effortlessly into the shadow pokemon before embedding themselves in the ground. Without turning to look who had launched the attack, Tag issued his next set of commands:

"Suzu, Reflect. Enka, Agility"

The playing field had gravitated to a more equal standing with the sudden, but welcome return of his Froslass, Orin. While she held type advantage over the Haunter, they held the same advantage in triplicate. His hunch had been correct about their next move as they honed their next bout of Shadow Punches at Orin, who gracefully swept behind Suzu's Reflect shield. The golden barrier absorbed most of the brunt of the series of blows, shattering only to let some glancing blows through. Orin and Suzu received only minimal damage, easily shaking them off. Tag, in turn, readied his next offensive:

"Thunder Wave. Silver Wind. Ominous Wind." He rattled off in quick succession. They knew their commands, and they knew what to do.

Enka hopped forward, sending out a wide spread of fairly weak looking lightning. The thin web of electricity alighted on the enemies, not causing any damage. But, their attempt to dodge Suzu's Silver Wind proved in vain as paralysis wracked through their ethereal bodies. Suzu's stining attack hit them in full force, and despite their resistance, it still stung, further accentuating their paralysis. They looked on wearily as Orin floated in next, spinning gracefully in the air before unleashing a storm of dark wind. Two of the Haunter fell easily under the combined onslaught, but the third, perhaps the most resilient of the triplets, began to retreat, pulling away from its fallen brethren.

"Orin, follow it. Use Spikes to leave a trail." Orin nodded obediently before floating off after the Haunter at a slower pace, making sure to keep it in her sights. Tag, himself, had wished their reunion to be a bit more lasting, but he needed her to find the enemy headquarters. In the mean time, there was still a battle.

As Tag turned around, he was pleasantly surprised to see Adelaide and Walten had neatly wrapped up their battles. Liz had taken on the final set of Gastly, so Tag folded his arms, content to watch.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Dec 31 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

((I cleared this with Soos beforehand. Soos, I hope this is a good RP.))

Mantyke had now realised she needed to be a bit smarter about escaping. Her little Klink friend, Gera, had been sleeping to conserve its dwindling power reserves, and she needed to get both bits of him to safety. As such, she nudged the little gear into wakefulness and nuzzled it gently, saying that everything was okay in the language of Pokémon.

Eventually, she came up with another plan. Instead of breaking the boxes, she told Gera to clamp his mouth upon the exposed screws holding it together - the boxes were old, cheap wood, and the screws on such things are never flush with the surface - and spin as fast as he could. With a muttered "Klink," it complied, spinning quickly and completely stripping the threads, one by one. After the fourth, he stopped, and Mantyke knocked the stripped screws out with a slap of her wing, then caught the box's wall in her teeth to stop it from crashing to the earth and making a noise that couldn't be explained away by wind.

They had to move quickly now. At any moment, the Hypno or the Alakazam could come in and see them escaping again. As such, the two new friends picked up the screws and shoved them back into the box's frame, looking only slightly different from before. Gera was visibly sagging, his energy reserves obviously low, and Mantyke had to carry him on her back to the other box. His partner was equally low on power, but they still managed to pull off the same trick. After Mantyke had let them out, the two halves of Klink reunited once more...

And then dropped into a feeding cycle, spinning like tops and filling themselves on the energy they needed to live. Mantyke facewinged and dragged the now-whole Klink away - and then she moved much faster when she saw a face coming through the wall.

A battered-looking Haunter had arrived and it looked very annoyed indeed. Cowering behind some boxes, Mantyke and Gera trembled as the Ghost-type smashd boxes left and right in pure fury. Mantyke started to shuffle them towards the door. Said door was immediately blasted off its hinges by a furious-looking and now entirely healed Hypno, who started to scream blue murder at the Haunter for "destroying the prisoner accomodation." The Haunter's response, a Shadow Punch to the Hypno's head, started off a brawl between them. Powerful blasts of Psychic energy filled the room, smashing through boxes and the Pokémon within them alike. It was almost too good to be true.

This turned out to be pretty much right. Just as they were a few feet from the door, the Haunter evaded a Psybeam from the Hypno and the move tagged Gera in the back, sending the two gears flying apart. It didn't even have time to scream, so Mantyke didn't hear him faint. She just waited, biding her time, then sped out of the door as fast as she could.

This left her in the middle of the woods with no idea where she was. All around her, the trees were blighted and bent, gnarled and leafless old things, all dead, all rotting from within, as if designed to terrify small Pokémon far away from their families or trainers. Though she'd be loathe to admit it, the fear she felt gave Mantyke an extra boost of speed as she fled from her erstwhile prison.

After a few eternities of running, she slowed and risked a look behind her. Gera was nowhere to be seen. To her mind, the conclusion was obvious; he hadn't kept up, and they'd taken him back. She knew she couldn't fight off the Hypno, the Alakazam was an Alakazam, and she didn't much fancy her chances against a Haunter. It wasn't worth jeopardising her own escape when she could call in the cavalry and bring everyone back.

And one day, she might even believe it was motivated by something other than fear.

Her conscience duly mollified, she set off again, much slower this time. Now she was able to truly take in how creepy the forest looked. The sheer number of trees around meant that even though they were all dead, the light from the sun was almost completely blotted out. It would be even darker soon, and Mantyke shivered at the thought. Had it got colder all of a sudden? As if a shadow had fallen

A flash of movement overhead. Mantyke shrunk back and flopped lower to the ground - which didn't help at all. The Pidgey came tearing down from the sky and brought with it a screaming Gust, which - well, actually, it barely hurt at all, even with the natural boost that came from bird Pokémon using that kind of move. Mantyke growled a challenge at the bird and fired off a Bubblebeam that broke a worm-riddled branch off of a tree behind it. Cursing her own stupidity, Mantyke barely had enough time to steel herself before the Pidgey grabbed her in his claws and started pecking her over and over. The little manta thrashed around, all her heart just wishing she was home with Adelaide and Tynamo and, and, and just safe-

That was when it happened.

A ball of multicoloured energy formed between the Mantyke's horns and blasted the Pidgey square in his midriff. He shot up into the air and sqwauked a surprised challenge at the little manta. It started to rain, as well. Perfect, thought Mantyke as the water rushed over her body, a welcome relief from the dry world of the surface. Now we shall see who has the edge. She darted forward and blasted the Pidgey with another Bubblebeam, and this time it found its mark. The Pidgey dropped to the ground, its feathers already soaking through, and yet more bubbles smashed into its face. With that, the thing sqwauked some more and tried to kick dirt into her face. The attack failed and Mantyke grinned the kind of grin that usually has sharp teeth and a fin on top, then moved in for the kill.

The attack was called Signal Beam, and was commonly seen on Bug-type Pokémon. Mantyke might not have gotten the bonus power from it, but it was still enough. The Pidgey dropped to the ground, defeated, unconscious and soggy. Despite all the pain and longing and loneliness that she was feeling, Mantyke felt a pure kind of joy. She was more than just a little lost Pokémon. She was a huntress now.

And she would bring her captors retribution.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Jan 18 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

PANE Team

A forceful water gun took out one of the wild Pokémon, and only two Gastly were left. Liz stole a glance at her surroundings and observed that the other battles were finished; apparently she was taking longer than the others to complete hers. In particular, she noticed that Tag was watching her. She looked back to her double battle and loosened her shoulders. It’s okay, Liz, you’re going to be in a contest soon with thousands of people watching. What’s the harm with just one person? Her eyes flicked over her opponents with a scrutinizing gaze.

The first one on the left did not appear particularly menacing. In fact, it seemed to be reconsidering the entire battle, and it warily eyed the other three trainers. The other ghost was much calmer; it met Liz’s eyes with an amused expression, and she could almost visualize it beckoning her with a ghostly hand to continue the battle. In the back of her mind the trainer recalled how Tag’s foes had evolved, just as her Ralts did. Though they had been defeated in the end by some powerful and amazing attacks, she didn’t want her own rival to try anything similar to it. “Oreo, use razor shell on the left Gastly.” She kept her eyes on the remaining Pokémon even as her Oshawott struck the first. The Gastly made no effort to aide its comrade, allowing it to flee into the forest. What are you planning, Gastly… It was low to abandon a partner in a double battle, but Liz figured that the Pokémon was only waiting for the right moment to strike.

“Alright, Mr. Evil, what do you want?” She murmured, dubbing the cocky Gastly with a title that seemed rather fitting for it. It cackled as a silver nail appeared in the air before it and flew at Oreo’s exposed back. “Look out behind you!” Her cry went unheard, or too slow, and she grimaced when the nail pierced her Pokémon’s skin easily, the head of it exposed on the back. She gaped in shock and horror as Oreo fell to his knees and fainted. Liz returned him to his green friend ball and shot a murderous glare at the Gastly. It smirked at her with full arrogance; if the Pokémon had hands- heaven forbid it evolve there and then- she imagined it would have beckoned her with a finger in a manner of ‘bring it on’.

<Female.>

The teenager was startled at first, unaware of her Kirlia’s thoughts while she focused on the Gastly. The trainer considered the term for a moment while she stared at the Gastly warily. Her eyes widened at the realization; the ghost was female, and now she presumed it- no, she was angered by her gender assumption. Liz blushed a deep red and called out a command to cover her embarrassment, “Guini, start off with confusion!”

Guini was quick to respond, holding out her arms as her eyes began glowing blue. The Gastly was slammed tree. She recovered quickly from the psychic blow and leered at Guini in a raging mass. She cowered below the spite attack and held her gaze; Liz held back a frown at the reaction, unsure as to her next move. “Got any new attacks, Guini?” Her Kirlia nodded in reply, still watching the Gastly girl. Meanwhile, her trainer considered her options. Confusion was out, at least for a moment, and she really had no other offensive moves. A sense of assurance touched her mind and eased her thoughts. She would trust her Pokémon to do the smart thing. “Teleport and then use it,” she called, concentrating on a specific location for Guini to appear in.

The Kirlia vanished from sight, leaving the Gastly to glare down at a nonexistent foe. She scanned around in search of her opponent and flew in and out of the nearby branches in search of her. A whistle pierced the air from behind her, and she turned around and stared straight into a rainbow swirl of leaves. The Gastly had little opportunity to lessen the blow as the magical leaf raked through her vaporous body, throwing her into the trunk of the tree she had been searching. She opened an eye cautiously and spotted Guini down below, standing next to her trainer with a triumphant smile. Liz reached down and hugged her Pokémon, muttering about the beauty of the grass attack and all of its possibilities for contests.

The Gastly, Mrs. Evil, chuckled in spite of herself. Losing didn't seem so bad if it made someone else happy, she thought wryly. She slunk away from the tree with one last glance at the trainers, aiming for her own master’s location.

Liz rubbed her new Kirlia’s head and smiled from ear to ear. “That was fantastic, Guini. You deserve a good rest.” She returned the psychic Pokémon and turned back to her comrades. “We should head straight to Baccate, guys, and fast. There might be more Gastly out here, and we have some injured Pokémon. We can heal up at the Pokémon Center and search for our missing Pokémon first thing tomorrow,” she concluded, somewhat dismayed at the thought of abandoning her Riolu to the night. He’s tough, she thought, he’ll be O.K. A flutter of wings came from behind her with a small gust of wind, and she glanced upwards. Serena had returned from her flight and perched herself upon her trainer’s head. She chirped happily, and then she dove from Liz’s hair and circled Adelaide and Walten before returning to her perch.

“Serena, this is Dr. Adelaide and Walten. They joined up with us to look for their own missing Pokémon.” She pointed to the respective trainers as she said their names. “Guys, this is Serena, my Taillow. I sent her out earlier to look around,” and then she glanced up again, “Serena, see anything?”

The blue and red bird shook her head somberly and flew down to Liz’s shoulder, nuzzling her affectionately. She smiled and stroked her back gently, whispering, “Don’t worry about me. You did great. Thank you.” Her attention returned to the other trainers, and she managed to maintain her hopeful smile when she met the eyes of Walten, Adelaide, and Tag. Liz didn’t feel prepared to let a broken heart bring her down; at least, she wasn’t sure she was ready to.

This post has been edited by Dragonwish2: Jan 18 2013, 05:18 PM

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 23 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

With the battles concluded, Tag looked over at the new rag-tag crew with whom he'd met only earlier in the day. Over the years, he'd always been a rather solitary person, but since coming to Furoh, he'd willingly partied up with people. In his younger days, he'd been fine on his own, and perhaps he'd even found himself annoyed at company. Taking a moment to chart through his own path, he realized that he'd grown immensely. Perhaps, now, he was even a person worthy of the Dragon Pokemon he'd lost. It had been a few years now. Considering he sported an entirely new look, including a host of tattoos, would they even recognize him?

Liz's suggestion did not make sense to Tag, in the slightest. At least in terms of battle strength, the tattooed man still had his full roster available, and most of them still at full strength. The Gastly had been annoying, but he'd pulled through with minimal damage to his team. Walten, likewise, still had his annoying Murkrow.

Adelaide, however, really had no more fighting strength, save her own bizarre tactics. Liz had suffered a little loss in her match, but surely she had enough fighting capability to soldier forward and rescue her lost Pokemon. After all, they had no idea what had drawn them away, or where they were. Gera, Ryan and Mantyke could all have been captured by thieves, Team Deception or worse. With their Pokemon returning, defeated, there was a chance that they would simply move on and change location.

Likewise, Orin was still out there trailing them, leaving Spikes for them to follow. Not to mention that their rest would likely give the enemy time to rest as well, meaning they'd be met with a full force tomorrow, in turn.

Nevertheless, Liz had a point. They had injured Pokemon. He would've felt horrible forcing a twelve year old to continue to fight potentially waves more Gastly. Though, if he had, in fact, recalled correctly, Liz had done so at Starfall Field. In this case, he reminded himself, the world wasn't ending. In that sense, they'd have plenty of time to track down the missing three Pokemon.

Tag let out a sharp whistle, just as he had before, in order to summon Orin back to him.

"To Baccate, then." Tag nodded, looking over at Adelaide and Walten before settling his eyes on Liz's. They seemed worried still, and rightfully so, but her care for her other Pokemon was just as evident, and perhaps there was the chance that playing it safe this way would prevent any of the rest of their pokemon from disappearing. Even despite her hopeful smile, Tag sensed that she was merely hiding her grief to keep a strong face up for the adults.

After a fairly short walk, for they'd been closer than Tag had anticipated, the crew found themselves in the Baccate Pokemon Center. Within moments of their arrival, Tag had reported the disappearances of the three Pokemon to the local Officer Jenny, then found himself at the PC.

Within moments, and a brief, stoic conversation from Tag with the entirely-too-chatty Edwin over in Blackthorn, Tag placed a few Pokeballs in the machine. Within moments, Tag had swapped out a few of his comrades, preparing his roster for the combat that he would surely encounter in the next day. Once that was done, he handed the entire set of six to the Nurse Joy over at the counter. She, in turn, set them in a tray before handing them over to her assistant Chansey before waiting for the other three to do the same.

Tag settled in to a bench for the moment, not ready to retire to the room until he had his team safely back. He didn't like the situation at all. There were still too many variables to set in motion any sort of real plan. They knew the general direction in which their enemies had headed, and Orin's Spikes trail hopefully still be in tact the next morning.

While the other three in his group went about their business, Tag remained stoic, stead on the bench with his elbows on his knees. His hands clasped and pressed to his chin, almost as if he were in prayer. He stared, seemingly vacantly out over the Pokemon Center. While the intimidating man appeared to be spacing out, he was, in fact, trying to piece the few fragments of information together into something reasonable to work with.

Tag's Roster change! (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Feb 6 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten was surprised at how quickly they'd taken care of the attacking Ghastly group. Well, more surprised at himself than the others. They all look like they'd had their fair share of battles, and while Walten may have as well, he didn't remember any of course. He'd taken into account at how smoothly he commanded Don and wondered if this is how he battled before his amnesia. It all felt natural to him.

He watched as Liz finished up her own Ghastly battle. Her new Kirlia looked rather graceful in its movements, perfect for the contests it competed in. He wondered if he should compete in contests himself, or at least take up the gym leader challenge while trying to find his memories. Of course, with as stubborn as Don was and how passive Gera was, contests would be out of the question. The gym challenge, though, seemed like something he'd like, seeing how smooth Don was in her recent battle.

A rather loud whistle cut his train of thought. Walten looked up and saw it was Tag, calling his Froslass back to him and agreeing with Liz that they should call it a day and return to Baccate. It was at this moment Walten realised how late it was getting.

"Gar!" cried Don, when she realised they were turning back. She wasn't about to turn around just yet! Gera needed to be found and punished for it's greedy acts! Keeping a whole field of fruit to ones self was a horrid crime in her book, and she wasn't about to let it go. "Gar!" she cried again, and was about to take off into the air, but it seemed master was a few steps ahead of her and called her back to her Pokeball.

"You need to rest a bit, now. We can find Gar- err, Gera, tomorrow." Walten said, comforting his bird Pokemon. He was surprised at how worried she was for Gera's well-being. She was one to usually look out for herself, but he figured she must secretly care for all her friends, despite how she treats them.

Before he knew it, they were back in Baccate, and they soon found the local Poke Center. He gave the nurse the Pokeball carrying Don, and she gladly took it. "I'll be back before you know it," she said with a comforting smile. Walten sat down on a nearby bench. He spotted Tag talking to someone on a video phone. It was a shame he didn't have anyone to call himself. He then wondered if he actually did have someone to call, and how worried they must be for him. He shook they thought out of his head when He heard the Nerse Joy call to him.

"Your Murkrow is in good health," she said with yet another comforting smile, "Have a nice night, sir!"

Walten smiled back to her and replied, "You too, ma'am," with a tip of his hat and sat back down to try and piece together thoughts of his current predicament and his memories of the past.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Feb 8 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

PANE Team

Liz glanced around the bright room distractedly. The glaring lights felt abnormal, painful to her eyes. She could feel her contacts dry and loose, but she made no move to rub at her eyes, fearing they might fall out. Multiple conversations were held all around in whispered conversations that felt sharp to her ears. She wished to scream at them to leave her alone, to go away, but she remained silent. For a moment she wondered what her voice would sound like if she spoke. Would it be high and sweet, as with a friend, or low and cold, as with an enemy? The question plagued her until Nurse Joy approached with an empty silver tray.

“Would you like me to take a look at your Pokémon?” The pink haired nurse held up the tray with a kind smile.

The teenager numbly reached to her belt and retrieved her remaining pokéballs. “Yes, please,” she whispered, setting them each in the hollowed indentations of the tray. Her forefinger slid over her last shining pokéball, and she forced herself to keep it, scolding herself mentally for the thought of placing an empty pokéballs in for healing. She was slipping, she feared, or acting as foolish as she had in her amnesia so long ago at Starfall Field. At least Ryan was there then to help me, she thought.

Nurse Joy handed the tray to a helping Chansey. She looked back at Liz and seemed to think for a moment, her lip pursed pensively. The poor girl surely seemed to be depressed about something, yet the nurse couldn’t perceive exactly why, and she didn’t think it right to pry on such deep thinking as the girl appeared to be in the middle of. Her computer lit up with a message and she stole a moment to glance at it before smiling. “Ms. Shir, you have a call waiting for you at Phone 2.” Perhaps the girl was waiting for a call from someone, she thought with slight relief.

Liz looked up in surprise, having been staring at her muddied flats. Someone had called her? Her family normally sent letters, and she didn’t keep a close contact with anyone else long distance. Could it be a sales person, or an old friend deciding to catch up with her? She considered the plausible options as she approached the green booth and picked up the phone. The screen lit up brightly, displaying a perky blonde with sun kissed skin and dark blue eyes. “Lizzy, where on earth have you been?” A clear, feminine voice came from the light pink lips that were stretched into a smile.

The addressed ‘Lizzy’ gaped in shock. “Sierra? Is that you?” She closed her mouth, but her bright blue eyes remained wide and her eyebrows were shot up her forehead in utter disbelief. “What are you doing calling? Is mom there? What happened?” Her sister was not one to call unless it was an utter emergency, or so she thought, but the blonde’s smile made her have second thoughts. For a split second, Liz desperately wished that the myth about twins sharing a telepathic link was true; at least then she would know what was making her so crazy. A bright color caught her eye, and she squinted at the screen. “Is it just me, or are you blonde?”

Sierra’s grin turned into a playful pout. “Sheesh, what is this, twenty questions?” Before Liz could respond she continued, “I’m just calling to check up on you. Ever since the PokéCon meteor mania, mom’s been worried about you like crazy. You wouldn’t believe how many times she’s been talking to herself these days. It’s a little scary.” She gave a mockingly scared glance over her shoulder as if an imaginary monster were about to creep up on her. At her sister’s questioning stare she let up on the joke and smiled again. “The hair’s something I’ve been trying. Brown just doesn’t work with this skin color!” She held up a hand, each nail precisely painted green, as if to compare it to her golden locks.

Liz rubbed her temples. “So Mom let you dye your hair?” With everything her mind had to take in, it seemed best to focus on that which felt ridiculously outrageous first and sort out the details later.

“Oh, it’s totally temporary. I’m just testing it to see if I like it; I’m hoping she’ll let me get permanent if it works.” She winked.

“But, why? I mean, it looks great, but just… why?” The brunette trainer was completely baffled by her sister’s personal hair choice. There wasn’t a moment in their childhood where either of them had considered changing anything major with their bodies. What else was different in Lilycove City, she wondered, if something like hair color was so flippantly altered?

Sierra rolled her eyes. “Didn’t you get my letter? I’m working at a fashion school. Blonde goes so much better with everything, trust me. But you’re totally working the chocolate do!” She held up her hands dramatically and her shoulders relaxed in a display of concern for her twin’s emotions.

Liz blinked in surprise. Did she think that she was making her feel worse for her own appearance by her change, and was trying to dissuade her from feeling obligated to do the same? A faint smile crept to her lips. It was humorous, if touching, to see her sister so emotionally sensitive. Maybe they did share a connection of sorts, after all. “It’s cool; you look great, by the way. Have you been working on the beach?”

The stylist nodded eagerly. “I’ve been designing a whole beach collection with mom, so I’ve been studying out in the field almost every other day with a notebook and pencil. I’ve already got five outfits designed, and mom’s got more.” She suddenly broke out into another smile, holding her hands together in a tight clasp and squealing. “I totally forgot to tell you! Mom got hired by someone to do a collection for a runway, and she’s working full time as a designer now.”

Again, the trainer was surprised, but much more pleasantly than before. “You mean it?” Liz was overjoyed at the news. It felt like just yesterday her mother was struggling to find work doing repairing to old clothes and laundry for neighbors; now, she was a designing artist? The idea was almost too good to be true. “That’s great! How did she get hired?”

“Well, my teacher at the fashion school had a conference with mom, and they shared drawings, and then my teacher gave her a recommendation to one of her superiors, who passed it on to a friend in the business, and voila! We got a call totally out of the blue asking mom to an interview, and a week later she got a call back.” Sierra squealed again, but luckily for the nearby people she lowered her voice. “She showed him the design of your dress among her sketches. You’re going to be like a living advertisement when you wear it in contest. Speaking of, how are you and your Pokémon? Last I heard, you were headed to Arasam.” She stopped and gripped the box hard, her eyes wide. “Oh my gosh, I bet we missed your contest, didn’t we? In all the excitement and rush, we forgot about it, and-“

“No, no,” Liz cut off her sister, chuckling. “I’m only in Baccate, so Arasam’s a little while off. I’ll be sure to call you before it comes, anyway. My team’s great; Guini evolved into a Kirlia just outside town, and...” Her voice trailed off towards the end, and her eyes fell downwards. “I was on my way into Baccate, and Ryan went missing. We still don’t know where he is, and other Pokémon have disappeared, too.”

Sierra let out a gasp. “Ryan’s missing? Is he OK? Never mind that, you probably don’t know- sorry for asking, but are you all right?” She appeared genuinely concerned.

“Yeah,” she said with a sigh, “I’m alright. No one else has disappeared, and we should be safe at the Pokémon center.”

“Wait a minute. Who’s we?”

It took her a moment to realize what Sierra was asking. “Oh, right. I met some trainers outside of town,” she explained. “Three, to be exact. There’s an older fellow named Walten, an eccentric but generally nice scientist named Dr. Adelaide, and an older guy with tattoos named Taggarty. The first two both have a missing Pokémon each and we teamed up to look for them in the forest.”

“Ew,” Sierra said, shuddering. “I never liked forests. Everything seems to go wrong in the trees, I say. I’m sorry to hear about their missing Pokémon.” Her thoughts trailed on to another matter. “Sounds like a crazy group. Tattoos? He sounds hardcore; is he tough? Does he have a bunch of gym badges and scars from fights?”

“Actually, yeah, he has a few gym badges. I don’t think he’s exactly gang guy or anything, if that’s what you’re thinking. He’s pretty nice. He has a lot of experience, and I think he’s been on his journey for a while. He even offered to participate in my first contest with me, for ‘fun’ he said.” She smiled at the memory, and how excited she had been to hear his offer.

Sierra’s eyes grew large. “Wow, that sounds incredible. Is he cute?”

“What?!” Liz asked, and then in a lowered voice said, “Are you crazy? He’s way too old for you! He’s, like, twice our age and more maybe!”

“You just said he was older.” She pointed out, and then she straightened her back and said in a high and formal voice, “Well, he sounds like a lovely gentleman. Do tell him I said hello, and that if he so much as says one word outta line to you, I’ll wring his sorry neck.” She remained passive, causing her sister to erupt in laughter.

“I’m not telling him that. You’re crazy, you know that?” She stifled her giggles.

“Alright, but so are you.” Still maintaining her performance, Sierra pretended to brush off dirt from her shirt. “I’ll be sure to tell mom everything, and I’ll try to call you again soon. I hope you find Ryan. I mean it,” she said, suddenly serious. “Keep a sharp eye out for anything and everything out there, and get a good night’s sleep, too. I don’t want to get a call from someone saying you passed out from exhaustion and worry because you wouldn’t let yourself get a decent nine hours rest.”

Liz smiled softly again, her heart touched by her sister’s enthusiasm and care. “I will. Tell mom I said ‘Hi’, and I’ll be waiting for your call.” The screen darkened after Sierra gave one last farewell. Liz put the phone back and stepped away from the booth for the next occupant. Her mood was considerably brightened by the call, and she felt much lighter inside. A weight had been lifted from her shoulders by the surprise and good news of her family, even in light of everything that had happened earlier that same day. She walked to the front desk and asked the nurse for a room key. Suddenly, she realized she was thoroughly exhausted. The battle had been tense, and her mad scrambling through the woods paired with her earlier traveling left her feet sore and her thighs aching.

“Room 2B is right down the hall with two beds and a private bathroom,” Nurse Joy said as she handed over the key. “I’ll send down your Pokémon once their check is complete. They should be fine by morning.”

The trainer thanked her and held the key in her hand, rubbing her thumb over it as she thought. Turning around on her heel, she located the Dr. Adelaide and asked, “Would you like to share a room with me?” It felt reasonable in her sleep deprived mind at the time, and she didn’t feel inclined to spend the night alone. The Doctor certainly seemed like interesting company, after all, and she was the only girl in the quartet besides herself. “I think it’d be fun,” she explained, both for herself and the Doctor.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Feb 10 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"Welcome to Baccate Pokemon Cent - uh... ma'am, are you alright? There's a doctor in town, I can get himhere in ten minutes-"

"No, thank you. I've had these since childhood. It was... kind of you to offer, though. I require aid for my Pokemon, which I feel you might well be more suited for. Please ignore the gaffer tape on this ball, my Gastly can get a little, you know, tetchy. By which I mean he'll try and Fire Punch everything that moves."

"Oh... right. Uh, how do you plan on releasing him to, like, battle and stuff?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now, I just need him and my Tynamo fixed up."

"... ty... ty?" A voice came from a pocket.

"It's alright, Tynamo, you're going to be fine."

"mo..."

"I'm just going to put you in a ball so the nice lady can make you all better, okay? It's not going to be for long, I promise."

"tyna... tynamo..."

"Okay. Here we go..." Tynamo was gently stroked along his dorsal fin before being put in the ball.

"Doesn't like his Ball, huh, ma'am? We get a lot like that."

"No. I just hold severe reservations about putting sentient beings in something the size of a largish peach. Blame my dastardly liberal upbringing." Adelaide handed over the two Great Balls and tapped the lumpen flesh where an ear used to sit. "Right now, though, my concern for his physical wellbeing is forced to override it. There must be a better way to treat one's minions than this. There has to be."

"Um... we'll, we'll get them both healed up nicely by the morning, don't worry!" The Nurse Joy smiled nervously. "In the, um , in the meantime, why don't you just take a seat in our waiting room while I deal with your Pokemon and send for the police. BELLHOP! S-sorry, I'll get right on that!"

"See that you do."

The Nurse Joy scuttled off with the balls at a pace just shy of insultingly fast. Again, Adelaide was forced to marvel at the levels of biotech this world had; their computers were powerful enough to store coded versions of living beings and they apparently had something of a fetish for cloning government employees. She had once wondered if the prize for Employee Of The Month in some government back office was having your face chosen for the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys.

She slumped into a chair and idly wondered what was becoming of her dear little Mantyke, lost in the woods on her own with nobody to hold her at night. Then she stopped wondering, because her cybereye was in the process of disconnecting for the night and water didn't exactly help proceedings. She looked around at the Pokemon Center's waiting room, her sight already devoid of depth perception, and watched the others in the group, and felt more alone than she had in quite some time.

Such melancholy musings were interrupted quite quickly when Liz asked if they wanted to share a room. Normally, this would have elicited a slightly sarcastic remark about whether or not she wanted any nice sweeties, but right now Adelaide wasn't in the mood for such frivolity. Instead, she just nodded her assent and got to her feet, her boots impeding her progress a little. Her steps were short and her breath still slightly ragged - she was going to feel the day's exertions tomorrow morning - but that was shortly to be the least of her problems.

A lack of depth perception is definitely sub-optimal when charting one's progress on a polished floor, especially when one doesn't have the best track record when it comes to remaining upright. Thus, as she made for room, she slipped and fell backwards, her head landing with a resounding crack on the floor.

"Don't worry, nobody panic, I'm alright - oh. Oh, balls."

Floating above her - she wasn't entirely certain how far - was her cybereye, the fall having obviously triggered the emergency optical tether release catch and powered up the device's tiny but effective repulsorlift pad. The programme for the holographic systems had yet to shut off as well.

The overall effect was of a human eyeball hovering in the middle of a room.

That was when the three small children walked in with their mother, a rake-thin, nervous looking woman with the general demeanour of some sort of prey animal destined to end its days as a small, damp squeak in the middle of a wood.

That was when the screaming started.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 14 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag watched closely as Walten sat down on a bench nearby, studying the older man now that he didn't have to keep his constant vigilance up. There was something rather zen about the man, in that for most of the day, he appeared to be living completely in the present, or so Tag felt. However, Tag peered closely at Walten, noting that the man had essentially folded in to himself, in a way that Tag recognized instantly. He'd done it himself all too many times.

Knowing that he didn't like to be disturbed, Tag decided to offer the same courtesy to Walten, and turned to look for Adelaide or Liz. He saw them walking down the hallway, disappearing towards the back, meaning that they probably had gotten themselves a room.

Tag had spent so much time on the couches at Pokemon Centers that he had pretty much forgotten that Pokemon Centers had rooms at all. He typically liked to use his trainer earnings as a means to afford non-pokemon center inns or motels as they offered just a bit more privacy. He also typically wasn't surrounded by kids, as they tended to lean towards Pokemon Centers rather than inns.

It felt odd to join the two ladies as they adjourned to a chamber, so he remained in his seat, staring off in to space. Surely, at some point, sleep would claim him too.

Then a scream pierced the air of the Pokemon Center.

On his feet in an instance, Tag tore towards the back hall where he'd seen Liz and Adelaide disappear towards just moments earlier. As he approached, hand on pokeball belt, he visibly started as he saw the eye floating in the middle of the room. While he was used to Pokemon levitating in the middle of rooms, he had never in his travels encountered a human body part that did the same.

A quick scan of the people revealed that Adelaide had been sprawled on the floor, and a matchstick of a woman was screaming in shock.

"What the hell is that?" Tag visibily tensed, ready to spring into action at the slightest provocation from the floating eyeball.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soos
post Feb 14 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Plus a Klink

Walten broke his train of thought to look around and see what everyone else was doing. The Doctor and Liz were headed off to their own rooms, it seemed. Tag was finished with his phone call and was sitting on a nearby bench. Walten wondered if he should try and strike up a conversation with the man. They hadn't talked much since they first met, and Walten felt it important to get to know his new allies.

It was right as he was about to say something to the tattooed man when a piercing shriek broke through the silence of the hospital.

Walten saw Tag get up to his feet right away, and he quickly followed suit, not worrying to grab his hat and cane he left on the seat next to him. When he arrived at the scene, Pokeball in hand, he saw a thin woman surrounded by a couple children, and the Doc getting up from the ground. He failed to see the reason of the shriek right away, but soon caught in his eye an... eye?

Walten didn't know how to feel about the current situation. Slightly disturbed, maybe. Confused, definate maybe.

He held out a hand to Adelaide to help her up and cleared is throat. "Is that... Your eye?" Walten asked, and nodded toward the floating eye. He knew the question was rather obvious, but felt he had to ask it anyhow.

--------------------

Currently:

Failing at EV training

Wanting:

Faster level-ups
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Feb 15 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

"Now, nobody panic! I insist that nobody panic! This all has a perfectly rational explanation, I assure you-"

"MONSTER! MONSTER IN THE POKEMON CENTRE!" The mousy woman screamed and ran off, the children in tow leaving yellow trails behind them.

"I don't know why I bothered getting out of bloody bed this morning, I really don't." Adelaide picked herself up with some difficulty. "Bad cybereye. Very, very bad cybereye. You scared the nice lady by floating at her." If it was at all possible for a small floating eyeball to look sheepish, this one did. "And look at that! Someone's going to have to clean that up. I'm very disappointed in you."

"..." said the cybereye.

"Oh, right, you're not sapientech. You'd think I'd remember after thirteen years - oh, hello, Lee. Walten too. Don't worry, the situation is entirely under control. Probably. Sort of. Ish."

"Is that... your eye?" said Walten.

It's one thing getting a sarcastic glare. It's quite another getting it from two directions at once. "No, Walten. This is clearly the holy floating eye of Pope Gregory IX, which was canonized after an incident in which it single-handedly saved the entire West Indian cricket team after they fell over the side of the papal yacht, a huge great beast called the Saucy Sue. It has sixteen thousand followers on Twitter and enjoys the delicious taste of deep-fried badger. Look, it's been a hard bloody day for everyone. Let's just get some sleep and we can sort things out in the morning."

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 8 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag was having a difficult time reconciling the situation in his head. Adelaide was standing before them in all her nonchalant and sarcastic glory with one of her eyes floating around the room. She proceeded to answer Walten's question with a slew of nonsensical terms that Tag had never heard before. Words like "Sapientech", "Pope" and "Badger", and terms like "West Indian" and "Twitter" appeared to be utter gibberish. Adelaide wasn't from any of the regions that Tag had been to before, that much was obvious. Perhaps she was from that Region far out there, where a little foxes and frogs were starter pokemon. Maybe they all had robot eyes there. If that was the case, he had no intention of journeying around there, especially if everyone was as odd as Adelaide.

"Whatever." Tag shrugged once her tirade had ended. Not wanting to delve further into her oddball, possibly psychotic history, the tattooed man turned and went back into the main area of the Pokemon Center.

The trip to Baccate had originally been intended as a vacation, but here he was, once more, embroiled in some conflict. It was pretty par for the course in his life, but he had to wonder just how easily avoidable many of these little 'adventures' were.

He stepped outside for a moment, opening the pokeball for Orin.

"Hey, pretty girl." Tag smiled as the ghostly pokemon sidled up to him, nuzzling up against him for a moment. "Back to your mission, okay? Track down those Gastly so we can find them tomorrow morning. Use Spikes to leave a trail for us, okay?"

With a gentle croon, Orin bowed before flitting off into the night. Tag watched her go for a moment before heading back into the Pokemon Center and settling down on one of the benches again. He and Walten had a room, but admittedly, he wasn't much for sharing rooms if he could help it. If other people slept around the Pokemon Center like him, he certainly didn't mind, but something about sleeping in a very enclosed space with a stranger unsettled him greatly.

Laying himself down so that he was in a rather restful position, he reached down and popped open one of the pokeballs from his belt, revealing Kana, his Spinda. She looked curiously up at him from the floor, and he patted his chest with a nod. With a bright grin, the little Spin-Panda Pokemon hopped up onto his chest, eliciting a little 'oof' from her trainer. After a moment of fussing, she settled down, curling up on Tag's torso as he pet her gently.

This would be an easy way to fall asleep, given that there were no more distractions or floating eyeballs that night.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Mar 21 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Adelaide Robinson

((Use of Orin permitted by Kamaitachi. In case anyone asks.))

Adelaide had a little ritual every time she went to sleep. First, her cybereye went into the little self-replenishing nanite bag, which was then topped up with a sugar cube to provide fuel for the creation of the cleaning nanites' repro factories. Then she took her lab coat off, transferred any new notes on it onto the relevant tablet (mostly as a hard backup in case her cloud storage failed), stripped, showered, and wandered back out to her bed. She realised she wasn't technically alone, but she booted up her palmtop and ascertained that no, it wasn't indecent exposure to a minor. Besides, everybody knew a mad scientist's beautiful daughter only had eyes for heroes or heroines. Or variations thereof, she chided herself after remembering Vociferous Doctor Mangle's lessons in queer theory and gender studies. Mustn't forget that.

She looked out of the window at the night sky. The wind had picked up and dark clouds had gathered, pummeling the ground beneath them with rain that even sounded cold. This was really strange weather, something she hadn't seen since she'd sparred with Mister Monsoon and the Downpour Division back home. It hadn't been natural then, and it certainly didn't feel natural now. Mumbling to herself and trying to ignore the thunderclaps outside - for thunder and lightning go hand in hand and she didn't want to think about what a bolt of lightning might do to Mantyke, lost and cold and alone and don't think that Adelaide Robinson don't you dare - she did her best to slip into sleep before giving up and glanding a few hypnotics. Her night was dark and dreamless. She hadn't had to do that in a while.

Tynamo, on the other hand, did not have that luxury. He was a little ball of energy at the best of times but when he was worried about his friend it was all he could do not to bounce off the walls of the basement recuperation facility in Baccate's Pokemon Centre. He was doing his best - he didn't want to annoy any of the other Pokemon down here, especially not the tough-looking Kingdra over by the target gallery - but it was hard, especially considering he hadn't discharged in a while and it was beginning to get painful.

Suddenly, he realised something. He was level 20 now. He had double the levels he'd had before coming to Furoh with Adelaide and he, well... he couldn't do anything with them. All he had was four basic moves, one of which was a non-damaging status move. He'd grown up a little, but he hadn't actually grown. He was useless. He wasn't fast, he wasn't strong, he didn't have any variety... all he had was four low-level, basic, boring moves.

With a small, depressed-sounding sigh, he floated over to a large metal plate on the floor and launched a few Sparks into it. Then he lay down on the ground to think about what his place was, and just how long he had until Adelaide realised how useless he was and kicked him out for someone better.

<You okay there, kid?>

<Hm... wha?> Tynamo looked up into the face of a Hitmonchan and leapt back. He realised now that he'd just been discharging into the base plate of a punching bag and became utterly mortified. <Sorry, sir! I'll, um, I'll go over there->

<Nah, you're okay here. What's your name?>

<Tynamo. Just... just Tynamo.>

<You didn't get a nickname?>

<Adelaide didn't want to force a name on me that I didn't pick myself.>

<Oh, okay. That's... kinda weird. You're alright though, Tynamo. I'm Cassius. You look to me like you've got yourself some problems.>

<Oh, um...> Tynamo shied away a little. <Just... you know my movepool?>

<Uh-huh.>

<I... I don't get anything. At all. Just four things.>

<Is your trainer just happy with a basic moveset and wants you to keep it? Because that's technically abuse->

<No, no! Nothing like that! It's just...> Tynamo sighed and looked down. <It's all I learn. It's all I can learn.>

<... No Egg Moves?> Tynamo shook his head. <No TMs?> Another shake. <Come on, you gotta have something->

<I have four moves. I have them... forever. I can't learn anything else... I'm just stuck like this. And, and today my best friend went missing, she's a Mantyke, and she's all alone and I couldn't do anything to save her and, I just feel so weak!>

<Li'l dude... that is harsh. C'mere, let's hug this one out.> Cassius swept Tynamo up into his arms and held him tight, his glove-like hands also drowning out the sounds of the thunderstorm that still managed to penetrate the basement. <You're not weak. You've got good IVs, you're even a little EV-trained. 'Sides, you've got a decent STAB attack that suits your stat layout. You're alright, Ty. It's okay.>

<I... th-thank you.> Tynamo flew up and nuzzled where the stubby remnants of Adelaide's right ear would've been on the Hitmonchan. <I'm sorry.>

<Do not be,> said a voice from the other side of the room. It belonged to the Kingdra, which made Tynamo panic a little more and reflexively charge up some electricity. <Self-doubt afflicts us all at times. In my youth, I despaired of my poor base stats. It is most sad that your lot as a Tynamo is such a small moveset, but have faith. It gets better over time. Not least because of the chikara himitsuno.>

<Oh, the secret moves? Dude, those are barely even legends, don't give the kid false hope->

<Then explain this, master Cassius. Chikara Himitsuno DELTA HEAT BLAST!> The Kingdra's muzzle flared bright white and a shining, banana-shaped red pulse flew out from it, smashing into the target and registering quite highly on the damage computer's readout.

<... That's not a move I've ever seen. Bruce's friend Claire has a Kingdra and she doesn't know that->

<Indeed she would not. Mark me well in this; the road to finding the secret moves of one's people is a hard and treacherous one. However, the prize is almost always a most splendid one->

<Teach me.>

This finally made the Kingdra turn away from the target gallery and look at the Tynamo. <I beg your pardon?>

<I have to learn this stuff if I'm to have any value. I could get any move, potentially. So I need to learn something from you, so you need to teach me.>

<And precisely why would I do that?>

<Because you love the power that you have, and you want to pass it on to others.>

<I warn you now, every Pokemon is different. Nobody can learn every Secret Power. You will never learn Heat Blast, nor Protective Swirl, nor Aqua Stream, nor many others. There are many techniques that only a single Pokemon can learn.>

<I don't care. Even if I can't access all of them, I need something to make me less useless.>

<And you are aware that your evolutions are famed throughout the world for the breadth of their movepools?>

<I evolve at level 39, and I need a Thunderstone to go further, and in order to get that, I need to get more moves, which means I effectively evolve into an Eelektross at level 55 or higher. I don't have the time to waste.>

<... There is logic in what you say, if your situation is as desperate as you say. Cassius, will you join in too?>

<Heck yeah. An edge is an edge, am I right?>

<Very well. We shall begin with a process of self-analysis, to determine how the pair of you can learn to attack...>

All through the day and all through the night, Mantyke hadn't dared stop moving. She was stronger now, she could feel it, and she had a few more moves to fend off others with, including a secondary STAB move in the form of Wing Attack. She moved purposefully through the shivering dark, the chill of the rain biting deep into her bones even as the water itself refreshed and aided her. She was not, however, alone.

The ghosts of that insane mansion had been following her through the woodland. Every time she stopped, even for a moment, she had to keep a weather eye out for the insidious grasp of a Gastly or, even worse, the big Haunter who she'd seen do... no. She refused to dwell on it. Besides, it had all been in her mind, or at least someone else's. Still, a quick blast from her new moves - Signal Beam or Confuse Ray for preference - generally scared them off, at least when they hit.

Right now, though, she was tiring. She'd kept going in as straight a line as she could, but the forest seemed to go on forever. It was, to put it mildly, terrifying her. She was cold and scared, and she wanted her Trainer-

<Little fish, little fish, come and play with us again...>

The explosively foul-mouthed rant that this got in return went on for several minutes as Mantyke redoubled her efforts at escape, blasting through the forest at incredible speed for one so small and low-level. She just went faster and faster, trying desperately not to show any kind of weakness-

And there it was, right in front of her.

A knot of Gastlies, led by a Haunter, and behind it an old, dark house, gnarled and twisted by the ravages of years. Even as she watched, a hailstone smashed through one of the top floor windows. Wait, Mantyke thought, hail? This isn't normal either... distraction play. Now.

<How nice of you to come back to us, little fish. Even though you took the long way around through Master Alakazam's Trick Room.>

<Oh, some bitches are gonna get schooled when my Doctor gets here->

<Hah! Your precious human won't find you, little fish. Nobody can find us if we don't want them to.>

<Shove it in between your rot-raddled beef curtains, you disgusting, herpes-powered filthspewer!>

The Haunter rocked back in mid-air and the Gastlies joined in with howls of laughter. <My, such language! Did you learn that from the human - wait. Oh, for Darkrai's sake... After her! Into the trees!>

The Gastlies roared off after Mantyke, but they didn't have long to search. Mantyke had ascended the tallest tree she could find and was firing off blast after blast of Signal Beam into the night sky.

<Who are you looking for, little fish? Who do you think is coming to save you-> The Haunter's scream of pain was lost in the howling wind as he was hit by a powerful Crunch attack. As he fell to the ground, a Froslass appeared where he had been floating.

<That,> she said in a cutting whisper, <would be me.>

<Who are you?> Mantyke murmured as she dropped down beneath the canopy once more with her new friend in tow.

<My name is Orin. My trainer bade me follow the trail of these vagabonds and deliver justice to them. I left a trail with my Spikes, so we can follow it to get back out->

<DON'T JUST FLOAT THERE, YOU MORONS! GET THEM!>

<Can you fight, my dear?>

<... I can try.>

<Good,> said Orin, and battle was joined.

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Mar 21 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

PANE Team

After the others broke away, hiding any serious surprise at the Doctor’s strange removable eyeball device, Liz felt rather lonely. A chill hovered over her shoulder that refused to leave. She let out a sigh and glanced back over her shoulder, her mind crossing over from her fears to the topic of the traumatized woman and her children. Would they be alright? She wondered as she made her way to the room. The young trainer imagined that they were being comforted by Nurse Joy that very moment, a Chansey waiting nearby to offer eggs and entertain the little kids. The hopeful image made her smile, and she unlocked the door to her room happily.

Adelaide was in the showers as she entered the dimly lit room. Steam rolled out from under the cracks in the bathroom door, fogging up the window and giving the dorm a mystical feeling. Liz swung her bag from her back and hung it on the untouched bed’s wooden frame, seating herself on the soft mattress and pulling out a spiral and pen. She paused as she held the black inked pen over the pure white paper; that was the thrill of writing, to her anyways. Marring a beautiful and clean sheet in hopes of making something beautiful, a fond little secret of her own that kept her going through many a time. Her wrist fell flat against the journal’s surface, and she began to write.

A distant clap of thunder startled her midway. The pen smeared across the surface, slashing through several words and leaving ink on her fingers and palm. She let out a soft groan and rubbed her messy hand with her other thumb. As she attempted to clean herself, Dr. Adelaide reappeared from the bathroom, bare and fragrant from the many soaps and shampoos. Liz instantly compared herself to the clean Doctor and found her own body rather lacking in hygiene. Closing her spiral, she pushed off from the bed and slipped silently past the elder woman, closing the bathroom door with a small click.

The shower relaxed her immensely, warm water flowing over her shoulders and wearing off the grime of the day. She pulled her hair back into a towel turban and searched her bag, withdrawing a simple pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt for her pajamas. The Doctor was sound asleep when Liz folded back the covers on her bed. Rain knocked against the window with gentle little patters, a thousand voices whispering into the silent room in hopes of an entrance. The noise irritated Liz; it felt harsher than the warm shower she had just recently exited. In her anger she slammed the curtains shut and blocked out the little voices.

She lay in bed for quite a while, thinking. Her thoughts bounced back and forth, from Adelaide to her Pokémon to Ryan and then forcefully on to Tag and Walten. They never lingered on any one subject. As the demented madness stormed her mind, a headache building into an unbearable migraine, a bolt of lightning struck close. Liz barely held back a scream. She gripped the pillows with an iron fist, her whole body shaking and adrenaline shooting down her back.

One, two, three, four.. BOOM.

Liz let out her breath, somewhat surprised she had been holding it. Rolling over onto her other side to face the wall, she considered her immediate response. Counting to the thunder clap was something she hadn’t done for years, yet it was her first reaction to her crisis. Her eyes opened wide and she sat up, patting the bed around her bottom and testing the blankets. They were dry, against her fears, and she lied back down. Forcing her eyes to remain shut, she fell blissfully into a dreamless sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~

The darkness was broken occasionally by the electricity from the sky. Rain poured in through the windows, showering down onto Ryan’s back and drenching his fur. He shook uncontrollably in the cold. Part of his mind continued to vent angrily at the hail that had broken the windows earlier, but a weaker, more sensitive part of him feared the storm. He bit his lip painfully and yowled, throwing another punch against the metal bars of his wall. He had previously awoken in a wooden crate, easily broken by his force palm.

And then they had come.
And they hurt him.
And the pain never ended.

Endure kept him on the last string of life, but he barely held onto consciousness. His will was no match for a type advantage, and that was exactly what they had. They outmatched him in every way. He had heard them talking about her[/], and how they would hurt [i]her, and all of her little friends. Ryan screamed at them and lashed out, but their Pokémon always came at him and bit and tore without stopping. Eventually the men had confined him to the metal cage held by a chain to the ceiling. He was forced to sleep and live in the most uncomfortable environment imaginable.

That was what they wanted. They wanted to break him and control him. The goons, seeing his strategy and skill from ages of contest practice, had informed their leaders, who took an interest. Their auras were sickening to him, full of lust and desire and greed. He shook his head in the cage, the chain swinging him back in forth. A horrible sickness came over him, and he vomited through the bars and onto the floor.

Ryan shut his eyes, blocking out all other senses but his hearing and auras. The sound of thunder didn’t frighten him. But another noise came through the monstrous storm, one that lit a fire in his heart and made his eyes open in surprise. Fighting had broken out in another part of the lair, and it didn’t sound like the poisonous Gastly were winning. Ryan pushed himself to his feet and swung out with his arm. Dagger like stars fired against the metal, sparking and sending tiny flashes of light into the room. He repeated the motion, ignoring the ricochet and the sparks that burned his feet and paws. When the metal creaked from pressure he swung and shattered the brittle metal.

His feet hit the floor with a faint splash. He raced through the halls, closing his eyes and letting his inner ability guide him towards the fight, hoping to join and escape with the others. Turning the corner, his body slammed into another, and only too late did the aura warn him of the dangers.

As he fell into unconsciousness, he watched the golden figure tower over him, its eyes glowing blue like the sky.
~~~~~~

Liz awoke early in the morning. She stretched and yawned, glancing over at Adelaide. Still asleep, she thought to herself as she checked the clock. Her partner’s slumbering condition lost all surprise; the time was only 5 AM. The girl slipped out of bed and dressed herself in a pair of blue jean shorts and a black v-neck shirt. Pulling on her Pokéball belt and black sneakers, she wandered quietly through the halls while pulling her hair into a ponytail. She stopped short at a bench. The wooden surface was covered by the snoozing form of Tag. He appeared rather peaceful in sleep, his tattoos losing their terror. Liz softly smiled at him and crept past to the desk.

Nurse Joy was up and about early. She nodded joyfully and whispered a good morning to the trainer before entering the back room. Liz fiddled with her room key as she waited, glancing around the room nervously. Outside the world was still dark, the stars fading into the blackness with the moon. The air smelled of warm food and laundry inside. A few TV’s were on with a low volume, and one or two people were watching the early news.

The nurse returned with a silver tray holding Liz’s team. The trainer took them and clipped the Pokéballs onto her belt, thanking Nurse Joy and stepping outside as quietly as possible.

Her Kirlia landed onto the newly cut grass beautifully, spinning on her toes like a ballerina. Guini stretched her body, enjoying the new use of her extended arms and legs. She looked up at her trainer and curtsied. Liz knelt down to her height, staring her in the eyes. “What would you like to do today before we head out?”

The question surprised her, but seeing her trainer’s serious expression she considered it thoughtfully. <Yoga. Join me?> She stepped daintily over to a clearer patch of grass and beckoned Liz with a snow white arm. The girl smiled and followed, positioning herself next to her Kirlia and standing perfectly balanced. She practiced her even breathing at the guidance of Guini and did some basic warming up.

The two spent the next hour practicing, the Pokémon acting as a role model for the trainer. Within minutes they were perfectly in synch, extending their bodies out gracefully with an air of poise. Liz let her mind empty as the steady breathing and repetitive movements calmed her body. She closed her eyes and stretched outwards, listening to nature around her. Only the nudging of Guini woke her, and she followed her gaze out into the eastern distance. The sun crept over the horizon before their very eyes in a stunning display of reds, oranges, purples and yellows. They watched the spectacle together on the grass.

Liz’s stomache growled shortly afterwards, and she laughed at the sound. She had been so serene that even her empty stomach had failed to disturb her. Now it felt as though there was a bottomless pit in her belly. “Come on, Guini. Let’s get some breakfast,” she said with a smile. The two reentered the Pokémon Center and went to the dining area to find their morning meal, careful not to disturb those still sleeping in the rooms.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:10 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.