Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Ghosts, Music, and Hijinks, Private between flarp22, Douken Sota, and Yzarc Drowsnam
flarp22
post Oct 21 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Final Gambit Shedinja
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 835

Umbra's Party (PANE)

note (click to show)

The night before docking in Barley, Umbra didn't sleep much. In fact, she gave up on sleeping about an hour until sunrise. She let Dex, her Hoothoot, out of his Poke Ball so he could fly around for a bit, and waited on the deck, staring into the horizon until she could see the shore. The view was gorgeous, especially since she started to see most of it as the sun was rising. Due to her lack of sleep, however, she's pretty much forcing herself to stay awake and stick to her plan.

"Step one: get a map. Step two: ask around to learn where Dragons have been sighted..." She began to quietly recite her plan to herself both to double check that she has this all thought out, and attempt to keep herself awake despite the sun beating down on her. The forecast called for rain today, but her first steps into Furoh were accompanied by a clear, sunny day. To many people, this would be a pleasant surprise, but Umbra isn't very pleased. Her skin is sensitive to sunlight; she can't stay in the sun for very long without it starting to harm her. "...Step zero: find shade."

Dex was recalled to his Poke Ball for some rest, as he is a nocturnal Pokemon, and Umbra steps off the ship. Conveniently, someone was giving out maps to newcomers, so she took one and started to look it over. "This place is...bigger than I thought it would be...where to start...?" As she focuses on the map, she starts to walk forward, only vaguely paying attention to where she's going. She bumps into a few people here and there, apologizing immediately and attempting to get some info on Dragon Pokemon's likely whereabouts. Unfortunately, she had no luck in obtaining such information. She finds an empty seat on a shaded bench and takes a deep breath of the salty air she'd grown accustomed to while out at sea, letting it all out with a large sigh. She quietly mumbles to herself. "Maybe random people on the street aren't the best sources...I'll need to find someone else...the problem is I don't know who they could be and I don't know where they might be...what to do...?"

Umbra decides to sit and wait for now. In all likelihood, the person or people who have the info she wants would stand out in a crowd. She lets her Chingling, Mint, out of her Poke Ball, thinking that when she spots someone who might have a clue, she can attract their attention by having Mint use Wish. Mint hops around, making a quiet ringing noise and keeping an eye out for someone unusual among the small crowd of people while not straying too far from Umbra. She attempts to keep an eye out, but soon finds herself yawning, slowly shutting her eyes, leaning back, and dozing off. Mint turns around and notices, hopping onto Umbra's lap and attempting to wake her up by jumping up and down and making a somewhat louder ringing noise. Unfortunately, the sound Mint makes is actually quite soothing, and Chingling are very light in weight, so Umbra is hardly affected at all. Mint is getting visibly frustrated, and so lets out a Stored Power attack to wake her trainer up, successfully this time. What Mint didn't realize, though, is that some of her attack was released behind her as well...

This post has been edited by flarp22: Oct 29 2012, 02:56 PM

--------------------
PM for contact info if for some reason you want it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Nov 4 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

After her unfortunate loss against Chloe in Gigarte, Jill Laurent traveled north to Barley, with intentions of going to Fidona to try her hand against that Gym Leader. She decided to stay in Barley for a few days before taking a boat to Fidona, just for some needed relaxation.

"What is your name?" She asked rhetorically to her recently captured Vulpix. She was laying down on Jill's stomach, looking at her waiting to get a name. Above them was a leaf from Vinyl, her Weepinbell, shading them from the amplified sunlight in the room caused by Vulpix's ability, Drought. Vinyl loved the extra sunlight, due to its ability Chlorophyll, so it was a pretty good setup. Pele, Jill's Ponyta, was inside her pokeball. She was just getting too big to keep out in the hotel room.

"You're a fire type," Jill said, "But you attract the sun and heat. You're not like normal fire. You're like solar fire. You're not a flame. You're a flare." Vulpix's eyes widened just slightly at Jill's comments. "So that's it, then. Flare?"

"Pix!"

"Well," Jill wasn't entirely confident in it. "We'll make it special. Okay then. Y'all ready for some food?" Both Vinyl and Flare reacted positively. "Alright. Flare, I'm gonna have to put you in your ball, otherwise people'll probably freak out about the sun," She didn't react so positively to this, but Jill didn't give her much time to protest as she pulled her back into her pokeball.

She left the hotel to see a bustling city streets. She'd grown accustomed to living in the city and being surrounded by people, but she still preferred the country and solitude. When she got the life insurance money from David, she considered a few things. Maybe she'd go back home and live with her family for a while on the farm. Maybe she'd get her own solitary cabin. Ultimately, she decided on living a secret dream she had of traveling and collecting badges. She didn't regret it, and she was going to complete it, but it didn't stop people from bothering her as a whole.

Immediately, Pele the Ponyta popped out of her pokeball. With Vinyl sitting atop the pony and Jill walking by her side, the three slowly moved down the street. "Oh my God it's so pretty!" lots of people wanted to pet Pele as they walked by, but neither her nor Jill particularly liked the attention. She stopped getting aggravated, though, as people tended to get defensive and confrontational. "But she's so pretty! If you have her out, it's natural to want to pet her!" Jill didn't let Pele walk around so other people could enjoy her, but she got annoyed trying to explain herself.

More than anything, it just stressed her out, having to pretend to be friendly. Then, some powder hit her as she walked by the back of a bench. She looked over to see Chingling, a pokemon who can't really help but look mischievous and glared. "Okay seriously, what the fuck?"

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Nov 25 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

"Alright, let's call that a wrap," one of the female singers told the band, the other grabbing a bottle of water. Man, did Seican feel lucky! With their lead guitarist getting sick, they had to find someone else or else this party would not be able to kick off with twin babes! Yeah, sure they said the property was somehow haunted, but like he cared! They were going to use that to their advantage for decorations. "Be sure to be back here in an hour, alright? They should have everything ready for us to ready the stage by then. And remember, curtain call is at seven!"

"Gotcha," Seican muttered, setting his guitar down. "I am trusting you with my pride and Joy here, alright?" With the drummer's thumbs up on watching the equipment, Seican took off to the streets. Man, Barley was such a boring town, especially after the contest over in Fidona. Damn, how could he lose to score like that?! He was supposed to rock the stage, not let his rival get all the glory! "We need to practice more, that's all," he muttered to himself, "Just get a bigger show over in Arasam! Not only can I get practice here, but I can also open up my fan base more!"

Out of the corner of his eye as he went to grab himself a soda, he caught glance of a Chingling trying to ring her trainer awake. It was amusing, until it came to a point where it launched an attack that also got another trainer. There it got hilarious. He couldn't help but bellow out laugh after that.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 24 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

The girl with the Chingling seemed apologetic, and Jill realized that she was taking out her frustrations on this single mistake. This girl, unlike everyone else who was bothering her, actually did so by accident. So, Jill let that slide, but couldn't help but notice some kid having the time of his life enjoying Jill's misfortune.

"If you think that's funny," she said, calmly, as she approached the boy after having noticed the pokeballs he carried. "Just wait 'til we battle. That, right there, that'll be hilarious."

Typically, she wasn't one to pick battles with strangers, but everything just seemed different today. She was already pissed off at the world, this kid was actively laughing at her, she was covered in pixie dust or whatever. Aside from that, she needed to get some training in anyway. If she was going to collect all the gym badges on this continent, she needed to get stronger.

"So let's go, kid. I'll take your whole team." Even though Pele and Vinyl were already out in the open, her first strike in the battle was going to be Flare, her recently named Vulpix. In her left hand, she held Flare's pokeball. She wanted to wait for the boy to accept her challenge before revealing her secret weapon, which more or less held her team together.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 25 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

Seems like the older babe wasn't too happy with him enjoying the moment and using that as an opportunity to challenge him. Considering he was somewhat frustrated with his lost, he had some pent-up anger in him as well. Might as well make some good use of it. "Alright, but only because you asked so nicely," he said, shooting a finger at her as i to be intimidating, However, since my belt seems to be a lot fuller than yours, we shall go with a Double Battle, no substitutions. I hope you won't mind the challengee to set the conditions, because I will only accept that!"

Running back from where he was, he gave a fair gap of distance between them to act for their stage of battle. "Now, I hope you are ready, babe, because after this performance, you will want to become one of my fan girls!" Pulling two Pokeballs off of his belt, he tossed them into the air right above him before pulling out and opening up a pair of Pokeball shells with stickers placed on each, holding them so the airborne balls would fall inside of them. Clipping each of them close, he then tossed them forward. "FX, Mara, the stage is yours!"

When Mara's Pokeball opened, there was a wave of flower petals swirling out as the cactus soon appeared standing before them, giving a shy blush and bow. With FX's, it was more like a burst of confetti bursted out as the Weather Pokemon cheered his way onto the set. The color of the confetti seemed to of contrasted with the rose petals, but in a way make them stand out more.

"Now then, show time!" pointing his finger in the air, he moved his body into his usual battle stance... however, without his instrument, he looked more like an air guitarist.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 3 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #6

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill had never actually seen a Castform before, but she knew of it. She knew it thrived in specific weather conditions, so sending out Flare would give it somewhat of an advantage. However, it would also give her team an advantage, and she figured it would help more than hurt.

Ignoring the kid's sad attempts at taunting her, she too stood back and planned her strategy. With Flare's sunlight and Flame Burst, as well as Vinyl's Weather Ball, she had two powerful fire attacks, both intensified by the Sun's rays and both astoundingly effective against Maractus' Grass type. Unless the kid had a superpowered Maractus, she figured she could do significant enough damage in the first turn to completely negate Castform's weather advantage, whatever it was it decided to do.

So she did just that. "Vinyl, come," she said as she also threw out Flare's pokeball. As Flare the Vulpix made her appearance, Vinyl the Weepinbel jumped from Pele's back and sat beside Flare. Immediately, the sun shone much brighter, causing a few things. First, Castform changed significantly, absorbing the weather and becoming a Fire type. Second, Vinyl, with his Chlorophyll ability gained a massive surge of energy. Not typically the fastest pokemon by any means, he could pretty much outspeed any pokemon in its natural state.

"Alright," she nodded. "Vinyl, use Weather Ball on Maractus. Vulp- Sorry. Flare, use Flame Burst on Maractus as well. Overwhelm it before Castform can do anything about the sunlight!"

As she commanded, Vinyl absorbed the sunlight, similar to how it would use Solar Beam. However, instead of taking the time to use that sunlight to intensify a grass attack (like Solar Beam) he simply unleashed the raw power of the sunlight. Add to this his speed boost due to Chlorophyll, and he was able to whip this fireball up in almost no time.

Flare, who was a fast pokemon was able to send off her particularly large (though not so dense) fireball after that. This fireball would deal significant damage to its target, but due to its inflated state would explode immediately thereafter, causing damage to any pokemon nearby.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 3 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

PANE

Well, to no surprise, the two fire attacks colliding at once, which threw up one hell of a smoke cloud of burning ash. "C'mon Mara, shake it off and use Synthesis!" Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. When the smoke cleared, Mara was burnt ash black and her eyes were swirls, an easy case of OHKO. "Ah, shit..." he muttered, throwing his face into his hand. "For all things to happen..."

So, now with it two on one WAY TOO EARLY for his taste, he just had to get rid of that bright advantage she had and pray for a miracle. "FX, let's change the mood! Rain Dance!" With a happy cry, the Weather Pokemon began to span bout, the clouds above head quickly moving in, blocking out the sun before the rain stated to fall. As it slowly began to rain harder and harder, the Castform started to become overwhelmed in a blue light before his body shifted into his Rain Form. If I live through this, I can focus on the Vulpix before throwing the sun back and use that on the plant... or ice... or i will be completely screwed. That is always an option no one likes...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 24 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #8

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill sighed. It was kind of alarming how fast the kid's Maractus went down, but at the same time, disheartening. It all came together that this was not much of a fair fight. She felt the rain slowly begin to fall as the Castform began to change from fire to water. Vinyl and Flare both began to lose the glow they gained from the increase sunlight, and Castform looked ready for a fight. Still, it was clear from its trainer's eyes that there was no chance that this battle was going in any other direction.

The rain coming down hard now, Jill and Seican were soaked. It certainly didn't help the gloomy feeling she had. Sighing again, she brushed her wet hair out of her face and shook her head. "Flare, Vinyl. Come back," she said, calmly, pulling them back into their pokeballs. "What? You want to drag this out?" She kind of had to shout through the rain hitting the ground. "The hell's the matter with you, kid? I'm not gonna finish you off. You need to get that Maractus to a pokemon center."

"Come on," she said. "I'll walk with you." To some extent, she respected his tenacity. He was clearly outmatched and outnumbered, but on he went, ready to fight. Ready to go down fighting with the rain coming down hard. Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference between stupidity and bravery. Sometimes, both were respectable.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 24 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

PANE

"Hey now, stop putting words in my mouth!" he shouted back, surprised at the retreat. Usually, trainers didn't care... no, wait... they loved placing a double battle into a two on one match up. Not her. Maybe the complete obliteration of Mara had something to do with it. "And here I thought the Trainer motto was, "Never leave until the battle's finish. I mean, its not like I have an army of Magikarp. Geez. Mara, FX, return." Sending both of them back into their Pokeballs, the rain almost instantly started to work itself lighter, though most likely clearing up in half an hour.

With her walking with him to the center, he was able to drop off the Maractus to Nurse Joy, who began the treatment of her burns. With nothing else to do but wait, he threw himself into the waiting seats and let out a heavy sigh. "Geez, get bummed out once again why dont'cha," he told himself. "First you lose by points against the hall leader, now this." It was then the TV turned to the sports area of the news, displaying the recent Fidona Contest overview. "Yeah, yeah, just remind me, why dont'cha?!" he yelled at the television before sighing again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 27 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

When they got to the pokemon center and the kid dropped his pokemon off, Jill watched him grumpily sit down. She needed to dry off, and wanted to wait for the rain to die down to head out, so she had to hang out anyway. So, she sat down next to him.

"You have got to learn how to talk to women," she sighed. "What are you? Seventeen? Eighteen? You're never gonna get any ladies until you learn how to respect them. You can't call them things like 'babe' or 'fangirl,' or they'll just be repulsed. Sometimes, they'll demand a battle. Kinda like I did."

"Take it from me. I can tell you want to be popular. I can tell you try. You just gotta be a little less of a dick. What's your name, anyway? I'm Jill." She held out her hand to him and offered a firm handshake (assuming he accepted her gesture.)

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 27 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

PANE

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Chill! Next thing I know you are going to have me cut my hair and wear a suit like every other coordinator out there..." He was given such a stupid speech. If he was actually after a woman, yes, he wouldn't do such things, but she was WAY too old and formal for him. "Seican Serroc," he responded, accepting her handshake, "the next upcoming rock star! When I become famous, you will regret talking down on me like this today!"

It was there Nurse Joy walked up with Mara's Pokeball in hand. "There you go. A Grass Pokemon getting burnt like this is actually pretty common, so it was an easy treatment. Just let her rest tonight." With a nod and thanks form Seican, joy added one more thing. "And if you are interested, there is going to be another contest in Arasam soon. Don't want to miss that deadline, now do we?"

With those words in mind, the nurse walked off with Seican beginning to think. "OKay, so performance, we could do this... and battle pair those two... hmm..." However, thinkning of the battle already brought in mind the instant knockout, as well as what power let her do so. "Ya know, I've never seen any Pokemon do what your Vulpix did. You know, call out the sun just by coming out. Last I heard, only Groudon does such a thing and its not like he walks down the streets of Fortree City."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Apr 17 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #12

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill chuckled at the boy's offense. "I'm not trying to change who you are or anything. You're the one who called me a fan girl or something like that, so I got a little defensive." When he did shake her hand, he of course introduced himself as a rock star. "That's super cool," she said sarcastically, though she figured he was too self indulged to recognize it.

It was when he brought up a combination of Flare's power to bring out the sun in the context of contests. It was interesting, certainly. Flare was certainly a unique pokemon, but Jill never saw herself as much of a pokemon contest kinda gal. Though, to be fair, she was never much of a battler either.

"Yeah, there's certainly something rare about her," Jill said. "I never did look too much into it, since she's the newest addition to my team. Anyway, tell me more about these pokemon contests. I might as well give it a try. Anywhere you know of we could go to practice or anything?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 17 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

PANE

"Well, check it out," he said, pointing back at the Television as it broadcasted Cesc's performance, the only victory for that day. "The concept for a battle is pretty much the same, but if you are just after that, then you will bore out the crowd fast. See the circles? Consider that your own HP bar. The more your opponent stands out or the more you makes fool of yourself, it drops. Battles are also timed, so you feel the pressure of the clock too. However, none of that matters if you don't get past the auditions, or what is more known called the Appeal Round."

Turning away from the television, he continued, "See, in order to fight, you got to impress the judges, which includes the Hall Leader too. In my personal opinion, nothing beats an appeal like a live concert!it makes it feel like the audience is crying for an encore! And just like a trainer, a coordinator can usually train wherever they want, thinking of move combinations that can flash like crazy. I mean, close your eyes for a moment and visualize this." He waited for her to do so. "Now, let's add in the Sunny Day, okay? The light filling the sky. Now, add in the powdered snow. yes, makes no sense in a real fight, but use it in a way to make the snow shimmer in the sun, creating a ball of shimmering sparkles... A makeshift disco ball!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Apr 20 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill nodded as Seican spoke, paying close attention. His particular example actually seemed pretty neat, and got her to start thinking of other combinations that might create interesting effects. Granted, her goal was still to take on the gym leaders, but throwing in a contest every now and then couldn't hurt.

"Alright," she nodded. "That does sound cool. Alright, tell you what, Seican. If you help me train for this contest, I bet we can help each other out. Flare has a unique ability. I don't know if they allow us to team up for a contest, but regardless, Sunny Day will last a long time. If I do the contest first, and then you go, Sunny Day should still be in effect. That should make for some cool combinations with your Castform, yeah?

"So, what do you say? There's a stage where you're gonna play your concert, right? Let's go there for some practice."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 21 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

PANE

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold your Ponyta! First off, no, we can't participate together. Secondly, let's think of what may happen if we practice to actually use this method in Asasam. First, if I make it to the battle stage and you don't I don't have your sun to use as if I already had it. Same thing if we both make it, but they call me first. Next thing is what if the hall Leader uses a weather move himself, like let's say Sandstorm! Sorry to tell you this, but the sand will overrun your sun. And at the most, they let the weather fade so the next round of fighters fight in a clear field. All in all, training in such a fashion will screw me over more than how it looks."

With a quick sigh, he scratched the back of his head. "But if you insist on joining me, you might as well come for the concert at least. You know where the haunted were house is located? Over near the pier? We got our stage set up there. its going to loud tonight, that's for sure!" that reminded him, how much time had already passed? Checking his Pokegear, he screamed out, "Crap! Gotta go!" before he booked it out of there to the were house, only five minutes before the stage was ready for them and another hour before the concert would begin.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post May 19 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #16

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Uh," Jill shrugged as the boy bailed very quickly to get to his show or whatever, and also invited her to it. "Okay, bye I guess?"

She had no intentions of going to Seiccan's show. Because the last thing she wanted was to go to some teenager's probably crappy idea of rock music. She imagined headbangers and loudness covering up the terrible technical abilities and lyrics.

"Wait," she thought to herself. "Did he say haunted?" See, in our world, when we hear that something is haunted, it means one of two things. It either means absolutely nothing if you're a sane person, or it means there are angry ghosts of dead people if you're Catholic. But in their world, in Jill's world, it meant ghost pokemon. It always meant ghost pokemon, because ghost pokemon were real, they could be seen and heard and captured.

The latter of which being key. Jill wanted to capture a ghost pokemon, as she thought it would make her team stronger. She lost her first gym match, so she needed to strengthen her team, and ghost pokemon tended to have a lot of abilities for a competent strategist to exploit.

"Utilize..." She corrected her train of thought.

And so, it was decided. Jill decided to pop out her GPS on her PokeNav and make her way to the concert. Hopefully the loud noises would cause the ghosts to come out and play.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 19 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

PANE

Getting back to the were house, Seican was heaving heavily on air, muttering, "Sorry... I'm... late..." Luckily for them, they waved it off.

"We still got a half hour's time, so we can get the final decorations set up. No worries." And they used that time to creep out the area some. Black lights. Spider webs, stage set up. the time was used to make everything ready to go. Not only that, but a crowd was already getting ready to form outside. "Alright, let them in!"

With the door slowly sliding open, people began to merge inside, getting set up as final tuning was taking place on stage. With the main female singer taking the mic, she opened up with, "Hello and welcome! I am grad to see so many fans coming to see us today, and for those who are seeing us for the first time, feel free to follow us on our site. Now, our lead guitarist came up sick last moment, but luckily we got a temporary replacement for today. Everyone, give it up for Seican Serroc!" With a loud applause greeting him, she continued with, "He debuted in the Fidona Contest, so feel free to follow him as well. Give him as much support as you do us. Now, why don't we start things off with a little April rain?" Another loud cry from the audience as the rest of the band took to the stage. It consisted of two female singers (twins), a guitarist (Seican), a bassist, pianist, and a drummer. the ones that didn't have the long hair were the pianist and the drummer.

"1, 2, 3, 4!"

the piano started off with a soft beat for a few seconds, opening the song up, however, with the guitar and drums getting added into the mix, the tone started getting heavier. The twin sister blended her voice into the mix with the choirish "Ahhh" sound before the song took the heavier tone, easily noted by the headbanging. It was only when the song softened again did the singing begin.

"How does it feel when all you're counting on is scatterbrained
Every wind that you have sailed upon, a hurricane
Every summer you have seen was filled with april rain
It doesn't get easy, doesn't get easy, don't you know

Fortune smiles on you
You're not watching, dig that hole deeper
Fortune smiles on you
You're not watching, create your own fate"

The twin sister sang with the main during the chorus, blending in their voices as well as using her voice as an echo.

"Count your blessings and prepare to change your point of view.
All those days that you spend waiting won't come back to you.
Take off the glasses that have treated your world black and grey.
It doesn't get easy, doesn't get easy, don't you know

Fortune smiles on you.
You're not watching, dig that hole deeper.
Fortune smiles on you.
You're not watching, create your own fate."

With the piano kicking for the moment, it gave the firsts a quick water break as Seican took the moment to perform the usual guitar solo, stepping forward to become the center of the show, even if it was 15 seconds of fame.

"It keeps raining, keeps raining, keeps raining

It keeps raining, 'Cause we are blind, keeps raining, 'cause we are tired, keeps raining, 'cause we are blind to fortune's guidance now.

It keeps raining, 'cause we are blind, it will keep raining, 'cause we are tired.
It keeps raining, 'cause we are blind oh, it will keep raining 'cause we are tired.

Fortune smiles on you.
You're not watching, dig that hole deeper.
Fortune smiles on you.
You're not watching, create your own fate."

With the last words of the song, the guys ended with yet another moment of headbanging until the final notes rang out, bringing rise to the crowd again.

As well as the rudely awakened inhabitants.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 1 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #18

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill made sure to wait outside the warehouse so she wouldn't have to submit herself to the noise going on inside. She definitely looked out of place, and the fact that she was by herself, pacing around the front door, looking annoyed as all hell, didn't help either. Kids were walking past her, giving her odd looks as they did so. The little shits probably thought she was some teenager's mom. She wasn't even that old, but God forbid somebody her age look decent.

She could hear the song building up for some type of climax, at least she hoped it was coming to a close sometime soon. It was enough of a reason for her to get in line, though, her pokemon and extra pokeballs at the ready. If this place was haunted, things were about to get weird.

"ID?" The guy at the front asked.

"Really?" She sighed, pulling out her wallet from her purse. She didn't even want to drink, but it was worth it to not have to have that big black X on her hand. So, she got in the warehouse clean, and of course, the music got way louder. She moved around the crowd and stayed near the walls, looking for doors or vents, really anything through which a ghost could seep.

She couldn't see any signs of ghosts in the walls, though, but she did notice a drastic temperature change. It wasn't as though someone near her peed the pool, so there must have been some other reason. She looked up and noticed a chandelier hanging from the top of the warehouse, which seemed particularly odd, since why the hell would there be a chandelier in a warehouse? In fact, as she looked across the ceiling, there were dozens of these things, all identical. And, as the song came to a close, all of their flames began to light up, one by one.

"Yeah," she said to herself, "Definitely haunted."

She pulled her pokedex out of her purse and pointed it at the chandelier just above her. Sure enough, an entry came up. It was a Fire and Ghost type pokemon called Chandelure, and from the looks of it, it was extremely powerful, and extremely difficult to capture. Regardless, she figured she didn't really need another Fire type for her team. Still, if these things went aggressive, it could prove to be a great training opportunity.

The song was finished, and the crows was screaming even louder, and Jill could see the Chandelures getting a little bit agitated. So, she tossed out Flare's pokeball. The little Vulpix, upon release, caused the entire warehouse to heat up even more than it already was. The combined efforts of the crowd's body heat, the Chandelures' fire and Flare's sunlight made the heat all too unbearable.

Now, to add to this, the flames on the Chandelures was intensified. Each one of them felt a surge of awesome power, and a particular urge to use it on the noisemakers who woke their slumber. They dispersed and began assaulting the crowd with a combination of small flames and ghostly energy balls. This was no longer a concert. It was a battlefield.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 8 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

PANE

The raining of fireballs threw the show into a frenzy, people getting panicked everywhere. Those who had Pokemon began to toss them out to fight while those who left theirs at home tried to escape. "The hell's going on?" That's when a fan flew into his face! After recovering from the stagger, the rock star was able to see it was a Pokemon that ran into him: a Rotom to be exact with numerous others behind it, each possessing different items. This placed a grin on his face. "You are giving me ideas, you flying fans, and they will only work if I have one of you! Drummer! We are getting one!" Tossing out a Pokeball himself, Seican got ready to fight the one in front as the others began getting caught in crossfire. "Knock Off!"

With the Makuhita's fist glowing white, it sent a slap over to the Rotom, slapping the fan right out of it, showing its true, ghostly form. This left the ghost confused as it tried to use Air Slash, which can only be done when possessing a fan. "Okay, that was bad ass! An eye catcher. One who conquers the center stage. One who deserves the spotlight! Ghost, you will be mine! Drummer, take him out!"

Drummer stared at the ghost for a moment before slamming his palm into his face, not believing his trainer's ignorance. Like he could do anything to a ghost type! No, he just simply walked back to the trainer, hit his own Pokeball and returned himself. "Hey! What was that for? Fine, in that case, Mara!" Next was the cactus, body bandaged up and Seican ignoring the order for rest. "Mara, use Needle Arm!" With the spikes glowing white, the dancing cactus hopped over to the Rotom and slammed her fist into its face, having it fly into a speaker.

The battle that was ensued began to echo out throughout the town, and police were beginning to receive noise complaints. Sure enough, the echos of police sirens sounded off as the Barley Police Station deployed to the complaints.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Aug 8 2013, 11:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 2 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #20

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

The more analysis Jill did on the situation, especially after watching some of the Chandelure run a bunch of pokemon into the ground, the more she determined Flare would not be able to hold her own particularly well against one. All of Flare's powerful attacks were resisted by the fire/ghost pokemon. She was starting to think she started a fight she shouldn't have.

"Flare, come back," she had to yell it so that her Vulpix could hear, but eventually just pulled her back through her pokeball anyway. There was chaos all around her, but the Chandelure seemed to only be targeting people playing the game. Jill was well aware of how to put chaos behind her, and look confident. She moved forward, pushed her way through the crowd without drawing much attention to herself at all.

First on her mind, rather than getting rid of the aggressive ghost pokemon, was to figure out why the hell they were there in the first place. Maybe there was a secret room or basement, or something like that. Something that could provide answers.

It should be noted that this had nothing to do will Jill. She decided already she didn't need a ghost pokemon on her team. She could have just walked away, but her curiosity had been piqued. She had little experience with ghost pokemon, but from everything she read, when a bunch of them are together in the wild, there's a story to be told.

So she went to the one person she knew there, who might know a little more about this warehouse. At the moment, he was in the middle of a fight with a Rotom. The look of determination was different from when they battled earlier - Seiccan was trying to capture this thing. In that case, she would wait to ask him her question, but standing center stage with one's arms crossed was not a smart move in the middle of a ghost battle.

When she turned, she saw a few Gastly and Haunter floating around. Just like with people, if you make eye contact, you have to battle. Apparently, Haunters worked the same way. As soon as theirs eyes met, the biggest, scariest grin showed up on its face. It called its group and together, they charged her.

Fortunately, they didn't resist Fire attacks. "Flare, now!" The Vulpix popped out of her pokeball, ready to go. "Fire Spin. Keep those fuckers where they are. Then we can pick 'em off one by one."

Assisted by the intensified heat in the area, Flare shot out a few separate streams of flames, which came out similar to lassos. Each of the ghosts stopped dead as the flames got closer. The intensified heat made the the spinning flames do a lot of damage, and allowed Flare to hold multiple ghosts in chains at the same time. "Good job, Flare. Hold them best you can. Let me know if one's about to break, alright?"

With that, she summoned her next pokemon, Vinyl. Vinyl was her offensive powerhouse. It had speed in the sunlight, and could use Growth, which amplified its power, and amplified it even further in the Sunlight. "Vinyl, use Growth. Then start blasting the Haunters and Gastlys with Weather Ball."

She probably wasn't going to take all of them down by the time Seiccan finished his fight, but at least she'd keep the ghosts at bay. "Seiccan! Let me know when you're done with that thing."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.