Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Petropolis Grand Invitational - Main Thread, Battle Tournament of the Century!
The Rose Crusade...
post Jul 15 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #41

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 30 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #42

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

A loud booming voice burst over the mainframe PA, announcing to all attendants of the Petrpolis Grand Invitational:

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Our First Round Battles are almost over, please draw your attention to one of our many screens to see the results!'

Every television screen shifted over, showing the next round brackets for the participating trainers.

"For those who lost their First Round Matches, fear not! You are now in the 2nd Bracket, and are still eligible for prizes and awards! Ladies and Gentlemen! The Consolation Bracket!"

The board filled up with names and pictures of the numerous trainers who had entered the tourney, but one particular bracket stood out:

"The loser of Kellor/Muphenz vs The Loser of Cortoma/Shir"
"Seiccan Serroc vs Sebastian West"
"Francesco Rojas vs Lori Pardare"
"Jill Laurent vs Hunter Price"

As the bracket faded, each of the trainers' respective devices updated with the time and place for their next battles, which gave them several hours to recuperate and prepare themselves for the next set of battles.

"And now, presenting the main event...your tournament's 2nd Round! These trainers blazed past their first rounds with spectacular battles, and are still in it to win it, here at the Petropolis Grand Invitational! Cheer your faces off for the following trainers!"

Once again the bracket re-appeared, presenting a quick action clip of the trainer in action before settling their headshot comfortably into the bracket.

"The winner of Kellor/Muphenz vs the Winner of Cortoma/Shir!"
"Adelaide Robinson vs Justin Smart!"
"Joey J. Sweet vs Douken Sota!"
"Taggarty Lee vs Tikal Faylen!"

The trainers in question's devices beeped, signifying that they, too, had a few hours to prepare for their next matches.

Tag blinked owlishly at the screen. Looking down at the half finished beer in his hand, he drowsily stood up.

"Well...crap magikarps." He sighed as he stood. He'd been hoping to continue drinking with Jill for the moment, but it appeared that he had only a few hours until his next battle. "Sorry, gotta go get ready for this one...more drinks afterwards, okay?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jul 30 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #43

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

As the booming sound from the announcer echoed across the area, Tikal stopped in her playful fun to glance at the entrance of the bouncy castle. She crawled over toward the entrance, stealing a peek at the announcement board, seeing that the matchups had already been announced. It didn't take long for the girl to find her name up on the screen, and rubbing her head she looked over at her friend Darius. The name that was set beside hers... he had made mention of it.

"Hey... isn't that the guy you were telling me you were trying to find?" she asked, pointing out at the announcement screen. If this Taggarty guy was as good as Darius imagined, then perhaps she would encounter more trouble than she had hoped for. She then glanced over at her Jigglypuff and his Charmander. They still had some time to play around before they had to return to the stadium, so she figured it would be best to leave them be.

"You know, I bet if you come watch my match, you'll get to finally meet him."

Continuing to try and escape the Charmander's grasp, Jigglypuff flailed helplessly in the air, before finally deciding she had enough. Upon landing, the small pink Pokemon began to spin on the spot, charging a Rollout attack to release her from the Fire-type's grasp. However the moment he did, she would fly into the wall out of control, and bounce about helplessly.

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 31 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #44

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Finishing his slice, theannouncement ran over the intercom, swapping the screen over from the battle with Darryn and Brawyns to the display, showcases the next rounds. His eyes skimmed for his name or face before he saw it. Joey J. Sweet. Personally, he was a little disappointed he couldn't get Tag or possibly Darryn, but not like he had any control over things. The server thought otherwise.

"You and Joey, eh? Think you are ready to take on a Coordinator?"

"A Coordinator?" Douken asked in return, as if the stupid way to verify what he said. He had tried to do a contest battle so he knew they can use big moves flashy to act as a distraction, but he did lose that battle because of score. If his fight with troy had no timer or score, the match with Cubone and Duskull would of simply be one-sided win for him.

"Yeah. His opponent was a Coordinator as well, so it was almost like a contest fight. I think he used a Se-" Douken's hand raised in front of him to shut him up. Sure, he could use the information on what he used, but it could of easily been half of what he had and part of him preferred the surprise. He gave a small sigh to the response, but continued. "Well, the battle looked amazing and flashy, but the kid rarely spoke, if at all. I'm not sure if the kid was mute or unsocial, but it looked like he told his moves through sign language." An interesting note he took into hand.

When his Pokegear beeped from a text, he checked to see how much time he had. "I got a couple hours to finish up lunch and plan before the next round. Anther milk please?" Douken asked, finishing off the glass he had. If his opponent was a coordinator, he would need tactics to throw him off his game if he fights like a coordinator and not direct like him. Now then, if he decides to...

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Jul 31 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #45

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

Roxy looked up at the big screen with an expression of abject dread and continued headbutting Adelaide's leg. "Doctor, come on, you have a match starting-"

"Heyhaveyouevernoticedhowcoolitisthatbignumbersjustgetbiggerandbiggerandbiggerwhi
ethecomputersthatunderstandthemgetsmallerandsmallerandsmaller? BecauseIthinkit'sreallyneat!
"

Silently cursing the woman's food madness, Roxy's head impacted a little harder than before. "Doctor, this is absolutely absurd. You have to come with-"

"Can'ttalkplacestogopeopletoseemechadendritestoattachtome! Heythatrhymes!"

"Doctor, please-"

"ItrathersoundslikeOprahWinfreydoesn'tit? Yougetamechadendriteandyougetamechadendriteandyougetamechadendrite! EVERYBODYGETSAMECHADENDRITE!"

Roxy lined up another headbutt, paused, then put her face in her hands. Well, she tried, at any rate. "You know what? Fine. Fine! We'll go ourselves. Joltik, Mantine, you're with me. Tynamo, keep an eye on Mum - I mean, um, the Doctor. Hehe. Er. We should be leaving now..."

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Aug 1 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #46

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

"For those who lost their First Round Matches, fear not! You are now in the 2nd Bracket, and are still eligible for prizes and awards! Ladies and Gentlemen! The Consolation Bracket!"

“Huh? Wha-?” Lori mumbled as she left the old geezer behind with the Emolga. Turned out he hadn’t caught it in the wild in Furoh so he really couldn’t help Lori’s mission of researching such a species. Even so, it had been incredibly cute and she would surely get one for herself given half an opportunity. Now, however, she had other things to worry about.

On the overhead screens within the Pokemon Center she was faced with another faceless name.

"Francesco Rojas vs Lori Pardare"

“Another battle?” Lori almost sighed. But she had only just lost and hadn’t really come up with a new strategy! Well, there was one option but it would cost a whole of of money with the Move Tutor who had set up in the tournament village and she wasn’t even sure if the combo that she had read about would be all that effective.

“Hmmm,” She rolled a hand in her bag, judging how much cash she had. Could she really afford to spend out for something that might not even work? Could she afford not to take the risk? “Guess we’re rolling the dice on this one.” She sighed, hoisting her bag and hurrying to the Move Tutor.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 4 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #47

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(rt117 @ Jul 30 2013, 05:39 PM) *
As the booming sound from the announcer echoed across the area, Tikal stopped in her playful fun to glance at the entrance of the bouncy castle. She crawled over toward the entrance, stealing a peek at the announcement board, seeing that the matchups had already been announced. It didn't take long for the girl to find her name up on the screen, and rubbing her head she looked over at her friend Darius. The name that was set beside hers... he had made mention of it.

"Hey... isn't that the guy you were telling me you were trying to find?" she asked, pointing out at the announcement screen. If this Taggarty guy was as good as Darius imagined, then perhaps she would encounter more trouble than she had hoped for. She then glanced over at her Jigglypuff and his Charmander. They still had some time to play around before they had to return to the stadium, so she figured it would be best to leave them be.

"You know, I bet if you come watch my match, you'll get to finally meet him."

Continuing to try and escape the Charmander's grasp, Jigglypuff flailed helplessly in the air, before finally deciding she had enough. Upon landing, the small pink Pokemon began to spin on the spot, charging a Rollout attack to release her from the Fire-type's grasp. However the moment he did, she would fly into the wall out of control, and bounce about helplessly.

Darius did not hear Tikal's first question, as he was giving a loud gasp of shock. After taking a breath, he gasped once more for effect before returning to Tikal. He crawled over to the entrance to confirm the name. The dragon trainer then grabbed the girl by the shoulders.

"You're facing the Dragon Master? the Anti-Champion? The Bane of Blackthorn himself?!" Darius faced Tikal as he spoke, his eyes wild with excitement. "I both envy and pity you all at once!"

Meanwhile, Bindy was thrown by the jigglypuff into the inflatable wall, causing her to ricochet right back to the pokemon. Darius was too enamored with the prospect of finally seeing Taggarty to see what was going on over there, even as the charmander cried out.

"CHAAAAAAAARRRRR!"

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 4 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #48

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Jill Laurent was halfway through her second when the announcement came on. Evidently, she wasn't quite out of the tournament, which was definitely fortunate. Being paired up against the contestant who was probably gonna win the whole thing didn't seem too fair. But she could deal with double elimination.

"Good luck," she said, also standing. "Expect more from me in the finals."

She appeared to be against someone by the name of Hunter Price. Sounded like a kid's name, but then again, he'd keep the name as an adult too, so that didn't really mean anything. Either way, she was expecting a freakin' cakewalk compared to her battle with Tag.

So, now she had a few hours to prepare. Shrugging, she finished off the rest of her can and headed to the nearest open space. She wanted to practice the newest moves added to her pokemons' skillset.

------

Not long after Justin was announced winner by default of his match, his next opponent was listed. Pan was still questioning whether or not they should go through with the plan, but there was no question in his mind. Pan was a hostage, and while it made sense that she wanted to rebel, Justin's priority was protecting her. More importantly, he had to protect his unborn child.

But, of course, he couldn't tell her that. She wouldn't stand for it. She could never accept the role of damsel in distress, but pride won't get you anywhere against an opponent of their magnitude. "Look, Pan," he said as they got to a relatively quieter area. "Now's just not the right time. We're outgunned, heavily. If we don't use our only advantage of being on the inside to perfection, we lose. And we can't gain that advantage again. The plan's just not in place yet, so we gotta play along 'til then."

"Let's head to the room. Nate lost his placement match, so he's out of the tourney. You'll probably be working mostly with him."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Aug 7 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

“So, I guess this is where we cross our fingers, huh?” Lori sighed, pushing cash into the Move Tutor’s hand. Who knew Move Tutors weren’t able to teach a new attack instantly!? From what Lori had heard, the process was meant to be a fast and easy one but no-one had ever mentioned that moves needed to be perfected before they were 100% reliable. That said, Triss wasn’t like most other Pokemon.

“Cross your fingers or not, that Snivy will master that move in no time at all!” The Tutor beamed at the flame-haired trainer as he stooped to smooth the top of the grass snake’s head. “A Pokemon with as much drive and focus as this won’t need too much practice before she’s nailing it every time!”

“Every time, huh?” Lor muttered as she recounted the numerous failed attempts as Grass Pledge that her Pokemon had been through. This was nothing like how she had imagined it to be. If Lori had stopped to consider that Pipster’s mastery of Water Pledge was in his bloodline then she might have brought a little more understanding to the situation but right now nothing seemed as simple as it should have been.

“Well, thank you sir!” Lori bobbed a quick curtsey and recalled Triss, trotting away at a brisk pace. “My battle is about to start, we better hurry!” And with that she ran for the main arena.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 15 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Meanwhile...

Inside the little hotel room, three individuals plotted to change Furoh forever. The plan was simple: disguised as staff, they were to make off with the Leveling Device, the very thing that made the Grand Invitational possible. It was originally conceived as a way to even the playing field. In the wrong hands however, it could create an unstoppable army, one that could seize power and rule in tyranny.

It was those hands that Justin, Nate, and Pan were plotting to hand the device over to. At least, that was how they wanted it to appear. It was clear that Justin and Nate needed to stay in good graces with their employer, even if Pan was totally against even thinking about the plot. Yet here she was, looking over security badges, ID cards, itineraries, and various other objects spread out along a large table.

Pan sighed as she finished reading over the main points of their mission. This had to be some sort of bad dream. She was no criminal, nor were Justin and Nate. How did they get into a position to ruin the hopes and dreams of the hundreds of people around them?

Pan stayed silent, looking for a reassuring response from Justin or Nate that everything would be OK after all this was over.

"I have a quick question," Nate said fairly casually. "I mean, I guess I could have missed something, but I really don't remember anyone going over this. And definitely, no offense intended here, but Pan - What in the hell are you doing here? I mean, shit, I knew they were gonna assign us someone we didn't pull for, but you? Why are they even interested? Someone's not telling me something, and it's really starting to piss me off."

Justin just sat, his arms crossed, as Nate spoke. His eyes didn't leave Pan's, and his face was as stoic as it had ever been. After Nate finished his rant, Justin didn't say a word, just kept his demeanor and his focus on Pan.

This was quite the opposite response that Pan wanted. Clearly, neither Nate nor Justin were updated as to what happened to her in Lenoilia. What she did there that brought her here. It was no use in keeping it a secret from them any longer. Nate seemed particularly agitated by her presence, while Justin's stare pierced Pan's, making her feel even worse about what she was about to say. And yet, she began her story.

"They found us in Lenoilia. Douken and I...we didn't know they were TD. We were to stop Darkrai's Disciples from completing their summoning. ...We were too late. The two of us fought him within our dreams, our memories. I know how it sounds, but that's the truth. And somehow...we won. He let us go. But Mondo and that other man, Deimos. They were waiting, waiting for Darkrai to be weakened. They had this special pokeball. That's why I'm here Justin, Nate. I helped them. I helped them capture Darkrai."

She immediately turned her focus onto the window, trying her best not to break down right there.

"Mondo knocked me out as soon as I got here and took me to this room. He told me if I didn't cooperate, he would have Justin killed. And...now we're here..."

Justin was stunned for a moment. He took in what she said, and finally shook his head and spoke. "That was a bad call. You sacrificed your life, and the life of our child to save me? I would love to see that piece of shit try to kill me."

"I dunno, man," Nate said. "He mighta just said your name to make her comply. I bet her life was in danger if she didn't cooperate. I think she made the right decision."

"Oh, do you, Nate?" Justin asked. "Do you think she made the right decision, Nate? How about you shut the fuck up, Nate? How about this has nothing to do with you, Nate?"

Nate just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, signaling for Justin to continue on with his rant. "Okay, so," Justin shook his head. "Whatever. You're here. I wish you weren't. But here you are, and we'll deal with it. But you know what? It bothers the absolute shit out of me that the first thing you wanna do when you have all eyes on you is to stab this powerful organization in the back.

"No. This is too high profile. We're doing this mission, and we're doing it right. We're going to capture the dogs, and we're going to hand deliver them to Team Deception. That's it. We're the bad guys. We got our reasons, but then again, so does everyone, right? So we just gotta move past it, get over it, and tear some shit up. Good?"

Pan went from the verge of breakdown to being absolutely livid. Her face reddened when he started ranting and chastising Nate. She was knocked out, tied to a bed, and somehow Justin blamed her for being in this situation? And she was wrong to want revenge against the organization that was about to attack her friends, her family? She wanted to yell out all of this to Justin right then and there, and she would have had Justin not revealed their secondary objective.

"Wait, dogs? I thought they wanted the device? What dogs are we talking about?" Pan sounded generally surprised, but there remained a hint in her voice that she was still totally pissed off about what Justin said.

Justin was a little taken aback at Pan's question about dogs. Evidently, she wasn't fully briefed on the mission. "That's- That's the second part, did they not-" Just then, his phone started vibrating in his pocket. "Shit. I have to go, my battle's starting. Nate, fill her in on the details."

He stood up, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "It is really good to see you again," he said to Pan. "I just, really wish it was for a different reason. Sorry, I, uh. I gotta go." He turned around and walked out of the room. Before he could close the door, he heard Nate.

"Be right back," he said to Pan before jumping up and joining Justin in the hallway.

Justin stopped and looked at Nate, his arms crossed, but stayed silent. Nate spoke first. "So, we're dropping it for now? The plan?"

"We're doing the mission. That's it."

"But our original plan was to fuck it up, right?" Nate asked. "I mean, we were gonna stop this thing from happening. We have the public spotlight, this is the perfect-"

"No." Justin interrupted. "It's not. Because Pan's here. She can't be involved in this."

"She already is, dude."

"She's involved with TD, and that sucks," Justin agreed. "But she's not involved in our plan. And that can't change."

"Okay, so we hand over the leveling device, we hand over the dogs. How the hell are we gonna beat them if we help them get this powerful?"

"We'll just have to get help."

"And put more lives in danger?"

"Lives I care less about," Justin shrugged, knowing exactly how bad the thing he just said was. Nate just shook his head.

"So, we're doing the mission normally then," Nate continued. "Let's say we succeed. You really think Mondo's gonna just let her leave the continent?"

"I'll deal with it."

"How?"

Justin paused for a moment and finally looked Nate dead in the eyes. He honed his glare at Nate and finally broke the silence. "I'll kill him." Nate raised an eyebrow. "I'll find him, and I'll beat him until he can't be recognized."

"Justin-"

"His thing, this weird obsession he has with the three of us. It's personal. It's because we stood up to him, and that pisses him off. But it won't carry over to whoever replaces him."

"That's not what I'm worried about dude."

"Then what?"

"You just said that you were gonna-" he paused for a moment to make sure no one was around, and lowered his voice. "You just said you were gonna murder a man. Like it was a normal thing to suggest."

"I just don't think anything else will work. Look, Nate, I gotta-"

"Go. It's fine. I'll brief Pan. It'll be fine. But I wanna talk to you about this later."

So Justin left the room to head to his battle, while Nate walked back into the room to see Pan waiting. "Sorry about that." he said. "I just had to clarify a few things. So, like Justin kinda mentioned, there's two parts to the plan."

"First, we get the leveling device. It bumps pokemon to level 50, which is insanely powerful, but that's actually not the main reason we're here. It's more of a 'by the way' thing. Raikou, Entei and Suicune are beneath the arena. They are creating the effects all over the place. We're here to capture them, and hand them over to our bosses."

Nate didn't like the idea, but he didn't let his hesitation show. Before continuing on with the rest of the plan, he really wanted to see what she thought of the second half of the goal.

Pan was initially shocked that Justin left with little more than a sorry, especially after the reveal that they would be capturing not one but three legendary pokemon. That left Nate to explain that part himself. Frankly, she had enough problems with the first task.

"No, we're not giving them that device," Pan said vehemently. "There would be nothing stopping them from increasing the level limit further, to max it out. Who would need legendaries when you have hundreds of level 100 pokemon at your command? We'll say it broke during the escape or something. I don't know, but they're not getting it."

Pan broke away from the subject and turned back to Nate.

"Are you OK with this?" she asked Nate. "Justin told me you two were working to cripple this organization. Why are we making them unbeatable?"

Nate refused to look Pan in the eye as she insisted that they fail in giving Team Deception the leveling device. Nate knew she was right - Giving them that would make them far too powerful. And yet, Justin was sure. They had to succeed in this plan, because they had to protect Pan, or at least what she was carrying.

But Pan was never Nate's priority.

"We have to go behind Justin's back," he said, finally looking up and locking eyes with her. "And we have to succeed in capturing the legendary dogs. We need to make it look like the failure was due to incompetence, rather than disloyalty, but we need it to be clear that we're not completely incompetent either, or they'll off us just as fast.

"So, here's what I think. This place is crawling with kids, right? Teenagers, raging with hormones, who just wanna be heroes. So, we steal the leveling device, but we get beat by the heroes.

"It'll have to be me. I think that's the only way to make it work. If it's you or Justin, it's suspicious, but far as they're concerned, I got no reason to fail other than incompetence, and honestly, they don't think too highly of me anyway. So, I'll steal the device. I'll draw the attention of the crowd, I'll put up a fight, but I'll make sure I lose. I'll probably be arrested, but I can play a pretty mean dumb. So, I'm not too worried.

"Justin's gonna be leading the initial attack. A few low level units are gonna be joining us, as well as one higher level unit, but I don't know anything about them. Your job is to set off the initial blast. We have a small bomb set up beneath the arena, which will open the way to the science facilities below, where the dogs are. The blast shouldn't hurt anyone, but Justin knows to keep people away from it anyway. That was our little addition to the plan.

"So once you blow it up, the attack will commence. Justin's gonna keep all civilians in check, along with the grunts. I'll head for the leveling device, and you'll need to be prepared for people to come running your way. Most people run away from an explosion, but we're dealing with teenagers who have powerful battle monsters at their disposal, so they'll run towards it. Deal with that how you need to, but remember, you have to succeed.

"About the higher level unit. I imagine they'll be split up similar to us. That would be, one person to get the leveling device. One person to capture the dogs. One person to keep the hero situation under control. You need to work with whoever they send to capture the dogs. Do what that person says. He or she probably has a pretty good plan.

"I'll do what I can to sabotage the leveling device capture without being obvious. I think it's best that way. I know you were initially slated to do that part, to steal the device, but that has to fail. And you can't be the one to fail.

"And," he added after a moment of silent thought. "Don't you dare tell Justin we're doing this. He'll kill me." Nate did his best to make that seem like an exaggeration, but part of him thought that Justin might actually do that.

"What do you think?"

Pan didn’t feel much better about capturing the legendaries, but if any of them were to get out alive, that portion would have to work. That being said, she was glad Nate was on her side in all of this. She suspected that Justin was too, but he was more interested in getting her out of here than toppling the organization. In retrospect, she couldn’t blame him for acting like a jerk.

As for the plan…

“How are we supposed to do all of this when we’re getting into the science facilities at the same time as everyone else? If we’re going to do this, we need time to set up. We have ID badges here and clothing in the closet. Let’s sneak in before the bombs go off so we’re ready to accept whoever joins us. You’ll get time to find the leveling device, and I’ll get time to help coordinate the capture.”

Nate nodded. "Yeah. Sounds good," he said, somewhat timidly. It was true, he was nervous, but mostly because he was going against Justin's idea, which definitely made him uncomfortable.

"Hey, just-" he interjected, but paused because he didn't quite know how to say it. "Justin's not mad at you. He just doesn't know where to direct his anger. He cares about you so much, it's ridiculous. Like, I can't get him to shut up about you, you know? I know he's kind of acting like a dick, but once we figure this out, it'll be fine."

Pan brightened as Nate told her of Justin’s feelings towards her. No they weren’t surprising, but having confirmation made her feel much better, especially after the meeting today.

“Thank you, Nate,” Pan replied. “I know this must be hard, going behind Justin’s back and all. It’s going to make your jobs a lot easier in the long run. At least, I hope so. Now, there isn’t much time left, so let’s…let’s get this over with.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked- Cage the Elephant

One could not simply sneak into a science facility dressed like they were. Luckily, their employers knew this and provided appropriate attire. Pan emerged from her closet wearing a white long sleeved blouse, a short black pencil skirt, and matching slip-ons. It was formal enough to blend in with the rest of the staff, yet the skirt would hopefully direct watchful eyes away from her face. In addition, she wore a pair of glasses with thick rimmed frames. The lenses were merely plastic; they were only meant to help obscure her face. The researcher wasn’t planning on running into anyone she knew, as most trainers would be in battles or watching them. To tie her look together, Pan wore a long lab coat to complete her background. With ID badge clipped to her coat, she became her identity, which according to the name on the badge happened to be…

“Marsh Mallow?” Pan questioned. “Who came up with this name?” In any case, once Nate finished, they were off to carry out their mission.

Nate looked himself in the mirror as he donned his labcoat. He took off his cap and actually combed his hair. He still just looked like...Nate, though. He had hoped to avoid this, but it was just all too clear that he was no scientist. Sighing, he looked at the two pieces of clothing he initially decided not to wear and shook his head.

He walked out of the closet to see Pan rolling her eyes at her own name tag. He was wearing a button down shirt this time, tucked neatly into his slacks. The labcoat was on, his badge was clipped. But in his right hand was the necktie he was supposed to wear. "Dr. Mallow," he said softly. "I may, uh. Need your help with this."

Pan smiled as Nate gave a pleading look, necktie in hand. She walked up behind him and took off his labcoat. She then took the necktie and led him into one of the closets, specifically one with a tall mirror in front of it. Standing behind Nate, Pan undid his collar and proceeded to wrap the tie.

“You clean up pretty good,” Pan commented on Nate’s looks. “If this were a different place, girls would be all over you.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nate and Pan made it to the science facilities underground without any problems. They looked the part, they pretended they were confident, and no one asked any questions. They also had the badges necessary to get there in the first place, which was obviously the biggest factor.

"So, uh," Nate said with his eyes closed as he tried to remember the layout of the facility. "The arena should be that way," he pointed down a particular hallway. "The, uh. You know," He held up both his closed fists and opened them rapidly to show an explosion. "Should already be set up. There's a few computers in that room, you need to use the one whose monitor has this serial number."

He pulled out a yellow sticky note on which he had written two numbers - One very long, and one only four digits. "This is the serial number," he said, pointing to the longer series of numbers and letters. And this," he pointed to the four digit string, "Is the code. There's a file called "OKTP," it should be searchable. Open it up, and put the code in there. That should start a 5 minute timer.

"One other thing," he took a deep breath. "It's a work room. There's gonna be a few scientists there, and one might even be using the computer you need. You might have to play rough.

"Anyway, that should open the way to the cells where the dogs are located. It'll also open it up to the arena above so the soldiers can storm the place.

"I'm gonna go down this way," he pointed straight ahead down a separate hallway. "That's where the leveling device is." He took a deep breath, then looked at Pan. "Well. Good luck."

“Hey, you too,” Pan replied as she walked towards the work room. This was now a solo mission for her. She was now responsible for capturing three legendary pokemon, likely to be used for nefarious purposes. Pan wasn’t sure what would be waiting for her, so she summoned her pachirisu for backup. The electric squirrel perched happily on Pan’s shoulder and listened to her human.

“Listen Chi-Chi,” Pan whispered, “We’re caught up in something again. I need you to trust me and watch my back.” Ever the faithful pokemon, the pachirisu nodded enthusiastically. To her, it was another exciting adventure. Chi-Chi hid inside the lab coat as Pan entered the computer room.

The room was filled with busy scientists constantly monitoring the status of each arena. Every match was displayed on giant screens that lined the walls of the room. Computers were stationed at every desk, displaying everything from graphs to spreadsheets to keep track of power consumption and stability of the arenas themselves. Pan blended right in as she strolled through the aisle of work stations. Each serial number was displayed on a metal plate on the corner of the monitor. She strolled along the aisles trying to find the right one. Since they were in some order, it didn’t take long for Pan to find the station she was looking for. Unfortunately, it was currently occupied by another scientist, seemingly busy with prepping the next arena stage. Pan had to think of something quickly to get him away. She recalled an episode of a TV show, a spy drama if she recalled. The researcher quickly improvised the plot and implemented it to her use.

“Excuse me,” Pan said to the man, “I need to do a quick system restore on this station. Some coding got mixed up.”

“Now? We’re about to reveal our water arena, with Suicune as the centerpiece. He’s going to be the honorary referee as a surprise for the audience. It’s quite exciting!”

“The water arena?!” Pan responded in a staged panic, “The code’s mixed up! You’re setting up the poison stage…and it’s unstable! You’ll flood the entire area with toxins! Do you want this to be the next Lenoilia?!”

Pan did not wait for a response as she sent his office chair across the aisle (with him in it). While he recovered, Pan immediately started searching for the file. It was easy to pull up, so it didn’t take long to enter the code and start the timer. Pan thought her role was done until someone came by and gave her papers and a cup of coffee. After everything that had happened so far, she really could have used the refreshment. As she sipped into it however, Pan found that there was no liquid at all. Opening the lid on top revealed a set of three master balls. Right…the dogs. Pan looked over her shoulder, but the one who gave her the items had disappeared. She turned back to the papers: it was a list of code and protocols that she didn’t recognize. And yet, she started working, opening up windows and entering the codes. Pan knew what she was doing, and yet had no idea how she knew.

“I put the best in you.” The voice rang once more as Pan went into a trance.

Misplaced Memories Redux (click to show)

When Pan came to, she found two more programs running. One was the Emergency Retrieval System, which would summon all pokemon in the area back to the PC. The other was far more distressing: the ID Reshuffle. The program would randomly reassign ID numbers to pokemon entering the local PC system. That meant that everyone in attendance would lose their entire pokemon teams, to be replaced by a random assortment of other pokemon. An exemption list appeared on the side: Pan, Justin, Nate, and various others working for them would be unaffected by either the retrieval or reshuffle. Pan looked on in horror as the computer prepared to swallow up everyone’s pokemon. She then looked up to the screens, to the faces she recognized as they fought on, oblivious to what was about to occur.

“I’m so sorry…”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

colourcodedchaos
post Sep 15 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #51

Mistress of Nothing In Particular!
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 365

Adelaide Robinson

((Contents moved; will be replaced with actual post shortly.))

This post has been edited by colourcodedchaos: Sep 16 2013, 02:35 AM

--------------------
I remain,
Yr. Obdt. Svt,
CCC.

Something to give you hope.
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 16 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

As soon as the match had ended, millions of lights burst out all over the stadium. Radiating from every single trainer's belts, purses, pouches, etc, light shot out, blinding everyone for the moment in its brilliance.

As the light began to fade, a shout pointed everyone's attention skywards, where a hover of helicopters had appeared in the sky. Without warning, several objects began to fall from them, flung from the helicopters.

As they fell closer to the stadium, the sharper eyes began to note the perfectly spherical shape. The sharper ears would hear the bone-chilling monotone cry of:

"ELECTRODE."

Dozens. Hundreds of the Pokemon fell to the stadium. The swiftly reacting trainers threw out their pokeballs, yelling commands...only to realize that the Pokemon they released were not the ones they had summoned. In fact, they weren't even Pokemon they had caught.

The flashes of light had randomized and shuffled everyone's pokemon.

With the confusion at hand, the Electrode began to impact in the various stadiums, exploding on contact, causing widespread panic throughout the arena.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 17 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

PANE

Douken Sota (click to show)

"Master! I'm so sorry! I promise to clean your room better! And to make sure the tea is to your liking! And to make sure your clothes are stainless! And..." The Gothita he had in his arms would not stop cry, going on a list of things she wanted to do to "forgive her master" (some things you simply don't want to know), but it felt like that his time with Reep helped him understand Psychic communication, helping him hear the rantings of the small Psychic. As for why he had a Gothita in the first place, he had no idea. As he, Koldo, and Reep waited, something happened which changed registration between his Pokemon and someone else... well, everyone else, and now seemed to of been with the Gothita and Gible.Something was definitely up, considering his Dream Ball was replaced with a normal Pokeball. "And clean the mirrors! And polish the statues! And-"

"I get it," Douken interrupted the Gothita. "You did nothing wrong, little one, and I am sure your trainer is wondering what is going on himself."

"You mean Master didn't give me to you? But then why am I with you?"

"I don't know, but I have a suspicion who may be behind it." Pulling out His Pokegear, he quickly went though the contacts before he reached Lyla and gave her a ring. When she answer, Douken replied, "Lyla, its me. Get Darryn and meet me over at the bounce house. I think -" He had to pause as another Electrode fell in front of them. "Gible, Dragon Rush!" the small Land shark charged in, swiping at the explosive ball and knocked it away before it exploded. "I have a feeling I know our deceptive invaders."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Sep 17 2013, 05:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 17 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

And a Golurk

The sounds of explosions were met with the blaring of sirens as emergency services entered the scene. Trucks of orange clad workers entered the arena, accompanied by bulky water pokemon. Feraligatr and Swampert were among them, shooting off hydro pump attacks at the helicopters to drive them away and cause a lull in explosions. They were fortunate enough to be stationed outside the range of the recall, allowing them to operate with full capability.

“All units, clear the civilians from the area. I repeat, clear the area.”

The rescue workers were escorting the confused and wounded out of the bombing range, out of the stands, and into the shopping areas. Areas outside of the arena were mostly unaffected by the electrodes, though they were suffering a power outage. That left communications of all kinds down; it wasn’t entirely clear whether anyone outside the competition knew what was happening here…

As the workers were attempting to clear the area, another explosion went off. This time, it was not from an electrode. The blast tore through a portion of the arena, revealing a hallway that led to the deeper sectors of the facility. The rescue manager quickly took note of this and organized a unit to investigate.

“Get in there and search for survivors!” he shouted as a dozen men ran into the new doorway. He then took out his radio, to alert the rest of the team of the new development.

“Initiating Phase 2. Please stand by.”

Deceptive indeed…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s going on out there?!” Pan thought as the sound of explosions raining down above her. They were certainly not told about this aspect of the plan, so Pan had to adjust quickly. The other scientists were in a state of panic, so Pan had to play the part. She hid under a desk, making sure the master balls were placed in her shirt pocket. The researcher watched as the other scientists made a beeline to the exit.

“There, the emergency exit!”

“You fool! There are explosions going on out there! Take the back exit.”

Pan closed her eyes in relief as the scientists went deeper in the facility, avoiding the explosive placed at the arena exit. Soon, just like clockwork, the explosion set off, causing the doors to fly off. Pan emerged from under her desk to begin the next phase: receiving the TD unit. The plan was to coordinate the team to search every arena in storage until they found their desired legendaries. Once found, the separate teams would converge to the legendaries and team up until captured.

“Return, Chi-Chi. You don’t need to see this.” Pan recalled her pachirisu and began thinking of how to divide everyone up. It sounded as though she needed to come up with something fast: the voices coming from the new exit indicated that the unit was approaching. However…

“Hold here. We already know the layout. We can’t have some rookie take all the glory.”

“ELECTRODE.”

Instead of people coming out to meet Pan, an electrode rolled into the computer room. She had come to the horrible realization that office politics and promises of promotion were set to obliterate her where she stood. Reacting fast, she grabbed one of her pokeballs.

“Droid! Earthquake!”

It was a knee jerk reaction, using a powerful ground attack against an electric type. She did not think about the stability of the ground beneath them and whether it would withstand such a move. Not that it mattered: the electrode was far faster than the bulky golurk and began emitting light in preparation for explosion. Realizing what was about to occur, Droid turned around and wrapped itself around Pan. Seconds later, the heat of the explosion blew past her and Droid, followed by the sonic boom. It seemed they survived the blast…until the floor gave way. Pan was taken by shock as they fell through the ground. And then, darkness.

“Find her body, take the master balls. And don’t spend too long looking. There’s always a backup.”

A team of grunts, dressed as search-and-rescue units, quickly entered the computer room. As they looked down the massive hole created by the explosion, no sign of Pan could be found. And so, they prepared to grapple down and proceed with the mission.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pan woke up on top of her golurk. They both were bruised but miraculously OK after the fall. Well, relatively OK: Pan had a big gash on her forehead from the landing. Pan called back her golurk and looked at her surroundings. She could no longer see where she fell from; the wreckage formed some sort of dome over her, albeit a fragile one that could give way at any moment. Around her, it seemed she was in some sort of control room, but there were no handles or otherwise traditional control mechanisms. No, this room was meant to be operated by pokemon, and a quick nuzzle behind her head made her realize which ones.

Circling around her, were three large dog pokemon: Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. They were more ornate and beautiful than Pan ever imagined. She wasn’t sure if they were real or if she had a concussion and was seeing things. The researcher didn’t dare call upon her other pokemon for aid; she was far too shocked to have actually encountered them. All three were looking and smelling her in an attempt to figure out what to do with her. If only she knew what they were saying…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Looks like one of the human scientists. At least one survivor.”

“We must guide her out of here if this is to be a battlefield. Suicune, what say you?”

“…she is a childbearer. By that virtue alone, she should be under our protection like every other creature here in this time of need. We cannot simply send her back up and face whatever evil is attacking this place. Not in her condition. We keep her deep in the facility.”

“It’s getting noisier. It won’t be long until every human out there comes to pillage this place. Defense Mode!”

The computer seemed to have reacted to Raikou’s voice, beginning the process of rotating the fields. The remaining functioning fields, fire, electric, and water, were quickly brought to the forefront. Pokemon residing in the facility were quickly gathered in their respective fields, ready to defend the technology that lied beneath. Raikou and Entei quickly went to their respective fields, ready to rally the troops. Suicune did the same, nudging Pan along to come along. She was still quite disoriented from the fall, so she leaned on the legendary for support. The pokemon were so willing to come to her aid, but Pan was there to capture them for some evil organization. How could she do this?

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 18 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #55

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

SCRAMBLED! (redux) (click to show)

Branwys came to the mouth of the arena, the lucario hovering protectively in front of her. She couldn't help but think how similar she was to Dimo, who, when not smacking her around with his bone club, would walk side by side with her, watching warily. Recently, Dimo had a partner, Ognian, who would take the other side. It was silly, but it made her feel safe.

There were singe marks on the beautiful blue and gold coat, but the pokemon didn't show any signs of pain or fatigue. Still, she had done a lot...

"Let's see what we have here. Maybe we'll get you some help," Branwys said, wincing at how wooden her voice sounded. In her mind, she knew she was struggling with all that had happened recently. Losing Dimo and Ognian had hit her hard, she knew, but she didn't know she'd been feeling it so directly. She swallowed, feeling the lump in her throat, but pressed each button in turn as the Lucario watched.

Five pokemon appeared; A red-domed (and tailed) cranidos, slightly taller than the norm and therefore passing Branwys' height by about an inch. A lilligant that overgrew her by about a foot, and a luxray who was the same, but broad in the shoulder. The biggest, however, was a pokemon she had only seen in the lab; a gigantic snorax about twice her size. Because she was looking up, she had missed the one pokemon that was smaller than her; the poochyena, who was excited to see her and jumped up, wildly, trying to get her attention.

The Lucario disappeared, and for one panicked second, she wanted to cry. Until the lilligant, with a kind look, pressed the button on one pokeball, re-freeing the lucario.

"Oh... thanks." She took a moment to control her heart and breathing, then straightened. "We have to find out how to get you back to your trainers, and to get my pokemon back. To do that, we ned to get through these electrode..."

The lucario looked out into the field, then, looking at each pokemon, nodded. They surrounded Branwys, the snorlax directly behind her, then charged forward. Branwys was more pushed along than running herself at first, but soon she was keeping pace, the poochyena at her heels, and four tall pokemon swatting, batting, or picking up and throwing electrode in various stages of self destruct away from her.

It was slow going, the pokemon being careful to get all of the electrode, and stopping when one exploded nearby to take cover behind the lucario and snorlax, but they made progress.

It was only a matter of time.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 18 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"I don't know what's going on...but stick with me. I'll keep you safe, okay, Lori?" Cesc smiled reassuredly at the young woman who had attached herself with a deathgrip to his arm. Lori Pardare's streaming red hair had gotten all over the place as she buried herself in his shoulder, and, for true, it was a little hard to see past the mass of hair on his right.

In the mean time, he was being followed by an odd looking bird wielding a leek like a sword. He had attempted to summon Oberon, his Sneasel, but wound up with the Farfetch'd, who quacked his name loudly at Cesc in panic.

"Okay Sword-Bird! Show me your best moves on these Electrode! Cut us a path out of the Arena!"

With a flourish of his leek sword, the Farfetch'd rushed into the fray. The leek took on a distinctly green glowy look as he hacked and slashed his way past the next two Electrode that landed nearby.

Meanwhile, several of the Electrode invaders had been knocked towards them, but trainers desperately trying to get past the destruction.

"Okay...everyone go!"

Cesc took a moment to register each of the Pokemon on hand. He had Sword-Bird, Fire-Pig, Ninja-Bug, Aipom, Swirltail Pig and Floating Seahorse...and no idea what any of their capabilities were. Unlike most trainers, Cesc wasn't exactly learned on most of the other Pokemon types, and had no Pokedex to aid him.

"Friends, you're with me for the moment, for some reason. But let's work together, okay? Attack those Electrodes! Cut us a path to safety!"

The Pokemon before him looked confused at the man trying to encourage them and spur them to attack. Even more confusion set in as the Electrodes continued to go off around them.

"FAR-FETCH!"

They turned to see Sword-Bird wielding his leek like a General's Baton, and as if motivated by their makeshift teammates actions, the rest jumped into the fray as well.

Fire Pig (Pignite) curled up before rolling into a one-pig wrecking ball, smashing his way through any Electrode unfortunate enough to enter his path. Ninja Bug (Accelgor) flashed her way around the field, releasing heinous, shrill noises from her body, stopping Electrodes from detonating while Aipom would rush up to the still exploders and bodily launch them away with Fling. Surely, that wasn't what the move was designed to do, but she had found a way to make it effective. SwirlTail Pig was firing off swarms of psychic motes, impacting them with the Electrodes nearby. The Floating Seahorse settled himself into Cesc's arms, meanwhile, and braced himself before firing off a multitude of projectiles. Cesc looked down in wonder at the little creature, who launched first an Aurora Beam, then a Bubble Beam, then a Dragon Pulse in quick succession.

"Okay Lori, let's go!"

With Cesc's team leading a gallant offensive defense through the crowd, they quickly exited the arena. The co-ordinator looked around in dismay at the crowds of people running willy-nilly in a panic from the explosions, while stands and buildings had already been toppled. Somewhere in this mess, he'd find Branwys.

"Lori, stay close, I won't let you go, okay?" He clasped his hand onto hers as they began to make their way through the chaos, his makeshift team performing surprisingly well, given the circumstances.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 18 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

PANE

"Hello, Champion in the making," could be heard form behind Douken, having him turn around. "You know, I would love to inform you on your next opponent, but I am afraid you may shoot me down once again, seeing as you already know who we are." The suited man chuckled, watching the chaos around them ensue.

"Know who... You are another one of Deception?" Douken answered back, clenching his free hand.

"Bingo! You see, since you already knew who we are, the boss placed me to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't interfere. How you performed in this tournament I honestly didn't give a shit. Whether you won or lost didn't matter as long as we keep you away from spreading word about us. And to help me that, I was gifted this beaut." reaching into his coat, he pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it into the air, soon to show off a Kadabra. "Sure she is not as strong as the boss's, but no doubt she will get the job done of keeping you away... or better yet assisting. Kadabra, possess this man at once!"

"As if I would let you. Gible, use -gyuh!" the Kadabra's eyes and spoon were already glowing as she tapped into her psychic powers, forcing her way into Douken's mind. It made a severe headache look like a paper cut in comparison, bringing Douken to his knees, screaming as he fought against it.

"Cmon, what are you waiting for! Do it before he draws a scene!"

"You make it sound like it is easy," the Kadabra replied, keeping her eyes on the target, "but unlike the others, this one has adapted mental link into the Psychic Realm. Though it may not be a strong one, it is allowing him to resist me."

"I see. It must of been that Dusclops, considering he was able to talk to it so easy. Fine then. No need to go easy. Simply crush his mind and possess the remaining corpse afterwards. We will clean up the mess as if it was like suicide."

The command placed pounds of pressure inside his skull, causing Douken to scream out louder and completely collapse to the floor, grasping his skull as he tried to fight it back. The Gothita did her best to try and help form a psychic barrier within the Psychic Realm, but the Kadabra was clearly able to break through whatever she could put up.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Sep 18 2013, 10:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 19 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

*He won’t let me go! He won’t let me go!* Lori reminded herself as they stumbled amid the wreckage of the arena and into the tournament village. However many Electrode had fallen, it had clearly been more than enough to obliterate most of what had been a beautiful and vibrant event – turning it into a veritable warzone instead.

A lone scream amid the dim of explosions and the clash of battle stood out amid the din, causing Lori to tear her eyes away from her feet to prevent another trip and towards a small girl ducked under a broken sign, clutching a wide armful of Pokemon Eggs to her chest. A lone Electrode rolled casually towards her with a menacing grin. Young and terrified, there was no way the girl could protect herself or the eggs in her possession effectively and there was no sign of anyone to help her.

*You can do it, Lor!* The flame-haired girl chided herself for not reacting immediately, *Running around like a scared idiot isn’t your ‘Way of the Trainer’!*

“Cesc, wait!” Lori fumbled her hand free of the boy and grabbed for a Pokeball. “That girl needs help! So, let’s help her out Triss!”

The Pokeball in her hand span free and, for the first time, Lori noticed that the capsules in her possession no longer had green tops – they were all plain red. The realisation hit her only as the released energy from within the ball took a solid shape in the air before her.

“NYOOO!” Lori screamed, ducking low and swatting furiously at the fluttering Bug that danced before her. She twisted and screeched, scrabbling wildly for the Pokeball on the floor. She snagged it up and shook it aimlessly over her head until the sound of a recall was activated and the ball opened to take the offending Pokemon back into confinement.

Lori warily scanned above her as she pushed hair out of her face to reveal fear-filled eyes.

“A D-dustox?!” She stammered, looking down at the Pokeball in her hand. “This isn’t Triss’s ball… None of these are mine!”

“Waaaah!” The girl’s scream pierced the air again, making Lori flinch.

“Right, we’ve got to help!” Lori readied another Pokeball.

*But where is Triss? Pipster? Chico and Apache?! I hope they’re safe somewhere!*

“Let’s try this one!” Lori threw another ball, already holding up her arms for defence in case another Bug-type invasion was the result of her selection.

“Mudkip!” The blue amphibian announced proudly upon his exit. Lori lowered her arms and nodded to herself.

“We can work with this! Mudkip use Water Gun on that Electrode to roll it away!” She cried, pointing dramatically at her target. The small water type obeyed instantly, firing out a powerful jet of water at the electric sphere and knocking it far clear of the girl under attack. Not wasting any time, the girl took hold of her eggs and leapt out from under the fallen sign, sprinting away into the madness of the scattered crowds.

“Uh, you’re WELCOME?!” Lori shouted at her fleeing back. A soft nudge at her heel announced the Mudkip had come back to her for a reward. She scooped him up quickly. “And you are awesome.” She confided in him, cuddling the mudfish in both arms as she ran back to Cesc and resumed their search for this Branwys person.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 19 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #59

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Jill Laurent's New (temporary) Team!! (click to show)

As chaos erupted around her, Jill took a step back. She was never the kind of person to run head strong into danger, but she also knew she couldn't just run away. She need to figure out her priorities in the situation. Yes, Electrodes were falling and exploding all over the place, but there were plenty of trainers around dealing with that. Clearly, pokemon battling was not her forte, being in the losers bracket and all, so she needed to put her other skills to use. Those being that she was smarter than most of the kids around, and certainly more level headed.

She walked fairly calmly through the battling and explosions, seeking out anyone else who appeared to have a level head. That was the person she needed to talk to, because it either meant that person could help to figure out what was going on, or it meant they already knew and were the culprit.

As she silently walked through the arena, she heard one of the most painful screams she'd ever heard. Someone was dying near her, and not slowly. This wasn't the kind of pain that happens from blunt force trauma, or from a fiery explosion. She turned to where the noise is, and found herself speeding up. Her priorities changed immediately, as someone was clearly being tortured.

There she found Douken Sota, whom she hadn't yet met, being psychically attacked by a Kadabra. Behind the Kadabra was a man, whose goal was clearly murder, or something like it. In any case, he was clearly at least one of the people behind the attack, and she needed to take him down.

"Pele, come," she said as she tossed out her Ponyta's ball. But Pele didn't emerge from the pokeball - She was replaced, instead, by two pokemon: Onix and Dewott. "The fuck?" The boy's screams grew louder in front of her. "Okay, I don't have time. Onix, use, uh. Anything. Just break its concentration as fast as possible."

As Onix prepped its most powerful attack, Stone Edge, against the Kadabra, Jill tossed out her other two pokeballs, revealing four more pokemon, two from each ball. Her stomach clenched up. Where was Pele? And what about Flare and Vinyl? She hoped so much that they were okay, but she already knew that, wherever they were, they were scared. And now the burden was on her, as it was on everyone in the arena, to stop this threat, to ensure the safety of their pokemon.

--------------

The Higher Ups Appear!

"Initiating Phase Two. Please stand by."

Outside of the stadium, a perimeter had been formed by Team Deception grunts. Their mission was not to keep people from getting out - It was to ensure no one else got in. Not far from the entrance, in an armored jeep, sat three people.

In the driver's seat was a tall, skinny man, who may have been nearing thirty, but didn't dress it. His clothes were baggy, and way too heavy for the heat. Clearly, his choice in style was intentional, though few could hope to understand why. Rarely, however, was it brought up. This young man, who went by Ace, was good at what he did. And what he did was drive, and fight.

Next to him, riding shotgun, was Omar. Like Ace, he dressed for the job he wanted. Unlike Ace, they wanted different things out of life. Omar was strictly a suit and tie motherfucker. He held the radio in his left hand, and a single pokeball in his right. Omar was the team leader. He took his orders from higher up, but if the shit hit the fan, it'd be him people came running to.

In the back seat was their strategist, Miriam. She was probably about as old as Ace, a little younger than Omar. Unlike the boys, she chose to be more practical with her aesthetics. Her brunette hair was held back in a ponytail and she wore a T-shirt, jeans and sneakers. At the moment, she was pecking away at her handheld tablet. After they got the call from the radio, she was the first to speak. "We're on schedule."

"Good," Omar nodded from the front.

"But we still don't have a lot of time," Miriam added. "We don't have much room to breathe."

"I know," Omar agreed. "We gotta prioritize the leveling device."

"What?" Ace asked. "I thought Dr. Mondo said the dogs were the priority."

"Mondo ain't my boss," Omar insisted. "Ain't yours either. I'm not gonna prioritize his unholy science experiments over something that can actually bring us to the next level. The leveling device will make us unstoppable. That's our priority."

"Okay," Ace put his hands in the air as though to surrender. "Sorry."

"It's good," Omar continued. "But that means the plans changed. I don't trust the grunts with that device. Ace, I want you to lead that effort. Go into the facilities, and get the device."

"Okay, then who's gonna get Suicune?" Ace asked.

"I'mma have Justin Smart take care of that."

"The fuck?" Ace asked. "You gonna trust that kid? You know Mondo has a gun to his head, right? He'll break free soon as he can."

"Technically," Miriam spoke from the back seat. "It's to Pan's head. Smart won't turn on us until he knows Pan's safe. I'd honestly say that, as long as Pan is here, Justin will be the most reliable soldier in Team Deception. I agree with you, Omar. The leveling device is more important anyway. Ace is better utilized there."

Ace nodded. "Got it."

"Alright," Omar sat back. "Let's get in there. We got work to do." He tossed the pokeball he had in his hand out the window and, as it bounced back towards him, a Rhydon appeared. "Break us a hole in that front door up there. We'll be right behind you." Rhydon nodded and charged towards the front of the stadium. Ace drove behind it, and a few other cars filled with grunts was shortly behind them. Omar lifted the radio to his mouth. "Clear the door. We're comin' in."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 19 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

PANE

the stones crashed into the side of the Kadabra, causing it to fly away and lose its focus. This, in turn, let go of the hold on Douken's mind, though he body laid there, gasping for breath as it tried to re-ordinate itself back to his normal mental state. "Shit," the man in the suit muttered under his breath before turning away from Douken and over to Jill. "What are you doing? I was trying to catch someone who may be responsible for the chaos! I saw him on the phone earlier, most likely calling in on the raids and where to attack! All we have to do is have him talk and-" he was interrupted by getting thrown over Douken's shoulder who used the moment to get back to his feet. However, he was still showing to be weak legged.

reaching fora Pokeball on his belt, he tossed it out, soon to show a Sudowoodo stand before him. "That will do," he said as he used it like a cane to lean on, telling him, "Sorry for using you in such a way, but by balance is sort of shot." Luckily, the unknown Pokemon accepted the terms and followed him as he walked over to the girl who helped him.

"Don't trust any of the staff," he warned her, "or anyone who shows power. There is an organization out there called Team Deception who hide in these kinds of places looking for rare treasures and Powerful Pokemon. Why they are here I can't say... no." Looking back at his Pokeball, he remembered the ad. What promoted so many trainers here to not be afraid of power differences. "They are here for what we have been using all along. Its the level module. What's set everyone on an even plane. If they get a hold of that, there is no need to train, just simply set them to max. All that would be left is to force evolution then you can simply breed Dragonite and other powerful Pokemon into an army." he held his head as he winced in pain, but he had to keep his mind set. "Considering I helped them get Darkrai, then no doubt they would aim for other legendaries as well. Put the two together, and no one can really stop them.

Heading back to the stadium, he told her, "Spread the word of Team Deception and their plans. Make them known to the world. Drive them out of the shadows and stop them from deceiving us further. And remember, don't trust those who show power over the many." He had to keep moving. There would be others trying to silence him.

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:18 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.