Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Darryn Kellor vs Branwys Muphenz, Field A-9. Cliffside Arena
Kamaitachi
post Jun 1 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The preliminaries and First Round Match of Darryn Kellor and Branwys Muphenz

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 16 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

“Sooo…” Darryn traced a line along the scoreboard to see who he’d be up against first. Although it was a break from the norm, the offer to compete in the Petropolis tournament was one that he couldn’t turn down for two reasons. One, any chance to battle could only make him a better battler. Two, Jaima was bound to show up and the battle that he had promised his friend would really be opportunity to show how much better he had gotten since they last saw each other. His eyebrows rose. Jaima’s name was nowhere to be seen. Instead, his opponent would be…

“Well, well,” a lofty female voice sounded behind him, “if it isn’t little Kellor.”

“Huh? SH-Shalim!?” Darryn spun to find his friend and Co-Ordinator rival grinning insanely. Her hair was still massive as ever and the cut of her clothes exposed more skin than was necessary for the current climate but somehow she still managed to look cool and stylish without being ridiculously over?under?dressed.

“We’re opponents in the first round – think you can cope with that?” She taunted him with a wink. He grinned right back.

“I can cope with winning, sure!”

“Shalim Litthilliq of Celadon City versus Darryn Kellor, also of Celadon City. Both combatants may use one Pokemon each and the winner is decided when one side is no longer able to battle. Pokeballs ready aaand… begin!” The referee’s flags swept down and both Co-Ordinators opponent threw their Pokeballs into the arena.

“I’m going to select my newest Pokemon!” Shalim laughed, a Pokeball flying from her hands, “Go, Lilligant!”

“And I’ll fight Grass with Grass by using my newest Pokemon!” Darryn span free his own Pokeball, “Go, Hart!”

With a snort and a stomp, Darryn’s shiny Sawsbuck enetered the arena – a picture of serene majesty and power that would surely make Shalim-

“So CUTE!” Shalim squeeed, “Oooh, trade me that Sawsbuck, Darryn!”

“Um, no?” Darryn raised an eyebrow. “Hart’s a rare and powerful Pokemon – go and find your own.”

“Humph, no fair!” Shalim stomped a foot, “What about a trade if I win?”

“I said no!” Darryn countered, trying not to sound too annoyed. “Hart’s an amazing Pokemon and I’m not trading him – end of story! And, because you’re stalling so much, we’ll take the first move.” A wave of approval rippled from Hart and Darryn inwardly grinned. “Hart, use Tackle attack!”

Hart lowered his head and began to charge, eating the distance between himself and the pretty Lilligant like a starving Snorlax.

“A Tackle?!” Shalim laughed. “That’s so typical of a novice Trainer to use such a novice move! Lilligant, dodge and use Energy Ball!”

With a gracefull leap, Shalim’s Grass-type fled Hart’s full-bodied charge and between her palms she summoned a verdant viridian ball of energy. With a pitch that a baseball player would be proud of, she fired it straight into Hart’s side where it made no impact. Instead, the Energy Ball exploded on conncetion with the stag’s body and became threads of power that swirled into his horns as though attracted like a magnet. Darryn openly smiled.

“Bye-bye Lilligant!” He laughed, Hart’s gallop continuing as he made a large turning circle and came right back at his foe. “Go, Megahorn!”

THUD.

“Lilligant is unable to battle!”

“WHAAAAAT!?” Shalim screamed with stunned outrage. “But how?”

“Hart’s special ability is sap sipper.” Darryn wagged his finger at his rival. “By hitting him with a Grass attack you made his attacks more powerful. Then, a Bug attack like Megahorn would be more than enough to defeat your Lilligant. You should know thing like that if you think you’re a Grass-type trainer.”

“No no no!” Shalim wailed, recalling her Pokemon quickly. “That’s cheating, Darryn!”

“Oh, go tell someone who cares.” Darryn winked playfully and recalled Hart, leaving the arena with his first win under his belt. It had been easy, maybe too easy, because he had known his opponent and predicted her choice of Pokemon before it had even been called. Someone else though, even a novice trainer, could just as easily have him against the ropes in the second round.

He searched the scoreboard again, finding his face illuminated on the screen and tracing the line to who would be his next opponent…

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 17 2013, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Branwys Muphenz, scion of the Muphenz Conglomerate, wondered, and not for the first time, why she had come.

She was in no mood for battle. The events of her last adventure had the only good outcome of spending time with Cesc overshadowed by a lot of bad. Crazed pokemon hybrids, lost and defeated pokemon, and mental trauma for all involved weighed heavily on her still, even though the rest of the group seemed to bounce back quickly.

For her, the events had become personal and tragic.

Two pokemon followed her, a cubone with a decorated skull, the new, yellow feather pressed back in the slight breeze, and a scraggy, sauntering down the road, occasionally looking up at the bright red fez somehow remaining perched on his head.

The scraggy was a new acquisition, but a good one, if his actions in the forest were any indication. In another time, Branwys would have been happy to train him.

She was still considering going home, however. She hadn't told Cesc. She didn't want to. Part of her seriously considered just leaving one day, writing him later to explain.

But that would be wrong, a small part of her thought, echoed by a larger, more sarcastic part mere seconds later.

The technology being presented here had piqued her interest, but that was all. Her brothers and sisters would be talking about it for hours if they'd seen it, but she... it just didn't matter in the face of things.

She had had her pokemon run through the machine, but did not accept the offer of rental pokemon. She wouldn't be here long enough, she decided. She'd just throw the first match, get eliminated, and go to her hotel room, where she'd have stayed if not for Dimo's threatening use of his club...

She stepped into her place at the arena, motioning for the scraggy to step forward, almost healf-heartedly. It looked like the aloofness of those who are confident in a win, and the scraggy's wak and popping of his neck enhanced it.

"The combatants of this round are Branwys Muphenz of Castelia City, Unova, and Gol Iath, of Phenac City, Orre. The Combatants may use one pokemon for this match!"

The mad across from her was large, broad in the shoulder and at least six feet three inches, if not more. He had wild black hair framing his face and falling down his back, with a handlebar moustache that blended with porkchop sideburns, but no hair on his chin. His eyes seemed too small for his face, but the rest of his features made up for it, his nose, chin, and mouth all overlarge. He was dressed in jeans, a sleeveless flannel shirt, and a black leather vest, with riding boots rounding the ensemble. He looked across the arena and let out a roaring laugh.

"AM I A LILLIPUP THAT YOU SEND A CHILD OUT TO BATTLE ME?!" he roared, laughing and slapping his knee. "HER POKEMON WILL BE FOOD FOR THE FLYING TYPES WHEN I AM THROUGH WITH HER!"

Branwys rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Gol's eyes narrowed. "I WILL SHOW YOU MY SKILL. YOUR FIGHTING TYPE WILL FALL TO THE MIGHT OF MY PSYCHIC! WILBUR, GO!"

The man threw out a pokeball, which erupted into white light, from which a large, porcine pokemon with a spiral tail hopped side to side, grunting out his species name.

Branwys gaped. Gol took it as fear.

"HA HA HA! THE BANE OF THE FIGHTING TYPE! MY PSYCHIC WILL CRUSH HIM WITH THE POWER OF HIS MIND ALONE!"

Branwys sighed. "You're an idiot."

"WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT, LITTLE GIRL!" Gol exploded. "WILBUR! USE PSYSHOCK!"

Branwys sighed. "Ognian," she called, much more sedately, using the name she had given to him as an obligation upon the enforced capture of the pokemon. "Stay still."

Ognian looked back at her and nodded, but Gol laughed. "You fool!"

The attack struck with a flash of light. When it cleared, Ognian was straightening his fez, looking annoyed but unharmed.

It was Gol's turn to gape. "WILBUR! YOU MISSED! DO IT AGAIN!"

Ognian looked back at Branwys, but she just shook her head. Ognian's eyes narrowed, then widened, and he nodded. The girl was... sort of... smiling.

The light flashed around him again, a definite direct hit as Ognian was completely obscured. It possibly could have struck a critical blow, except when the light faded, Ognian was looking at his left claw, eyes hooded. He glanced at the grumpig and yawned.

Branwys giggled, a short, slightly shrill, but not maddened. Dimo looked at her and relaxed, leaning against the bone club he'd acquired in the forest.

Gol was beside himself, apoplectic. "WILBUR! HE MOCKS YOU! ZEN HEADBUTT!"

Branwys grinned, ferally. The grumpig charged, the pearls on his forehead glowing. As he got near to Ognian, Branwys called out, "Crunch!"

"WHAT?!"

Ognian's eyes flashed, and he opened his mouth wide. Chomping down, he grabbed Wilbur around the shoulder, shook him, and tossed him aside, the grumpig squealing in pain the whole time.

"HA! YOU ARE TRICKY! WELL WILBUR CAN BE TRICKY AS WELL! WILBUR! PAYBACK!"

"You are an idiot." Ognian crossed his arms, taking the brunt of the attack there. Branwys called out, smirking, "Ognian! Payback!"

"FOUL!" cried Gol, but Ognian was already moving, slamming the grumpig with a double powered version of the double powered version of his last attack. The Grumpig grunted in surprise and fell over.

"Branwys Muphenz is the winner!"

As Gol ranted and raved, Branwys looked at the board, her face flushed. She grinned. Her next opponent would be waiting soon. She scampered to the front to pick up some rental pokemon.

On the way, she looked at her phone, which had been buzzing on and off. She flushed at the messages from Cesc, and stopped to send a text back.

Sounds good, be patient, Yes, and rawr. Sorry to be quick, I have a match soon!

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 17 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

“Branwys?” Darryn whispered as he saw the girl’s face illuminate on the scoreboard. “I’ll be facing Branwys?”

Darryn really didn’t know what to think. Branwys was a girl that had been around on his latest adventure – small but very clever and brave, she had survived the impossible and managed to come out of it relatively unscathed and mostly untraumatised. Everything he had seen told Darryn that his next opponent was certainly a strong character but a an experienced battler? There was no telling… Even so, Darryn did know a few things about her.

“Cubone, Klink, Scraggy…” He skirted the edge of the arena and tapped the keyboard of the Pokemon transfer screen. *I could set up a team to completely take a type advantage… Or, I could pick a team that should have a disadvantage and take the opportunity to train against foes with the upper hand… There…*

A selection of different coloured balls greated Darryn in the transfer tray.

*We’re fighting in a cave so there isn’t space for Bravo to really let loose… And Lady will always be my choice in a later round… Hart’s had a chance to battle… Which leaves…*

Six Pokeballs, six Pokemon, a million different combinations for him to try.

“Oh well,” Darryn began fastening the six to his belt at random as the referee called for him and Branwys to take to their places in the arena, “I guess it doesn’t really matter with these even-playingfield rules.”

He trotted to his box, scanning the crowd on the other side of the field for Branwys. At first there was no sign but, sure enough, her small frame stepped out from among the crowd. He smiled and waved. Hopefully this wouldn’t be awkward – they didn’t really know each other all that well, after all. He took a deep breath.

“Time to shine,” he selected the front three balls from the belt and glanced down at them. Quick Ball, Net Ball, Repeat Ball… “Take the field, Romeo, India and November!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 20 2013, 04:01 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"All right, so that will be four rental pokemon?" The rental counter lady smiled widely, yet sincerely, something that made Branwys a little wary. She laughed inwardly at that; was she feeling wary because someone was treating her as an adult for once?

Branwys took the pokeballs with a smile. The woman began to list their species, but Branwys lifted hand, looking over her shoulder. "I'd rather find out on my own, thank you!"

"Oh, yes," the woman said with a wink. "No telling who's listening."

Branwys smiled and nodded. Skipping off to the arena she had been assigned, she used her pokedex from her bag to scan the new acquisitions. Quite adequate, she decided.

Dimo and Ongnian followed along, flanking her, looking for all the world like bodyguards. And for their part, they played the part well, walking straight and tall, Dimo putting his new, thick club on his shoulder.

That they were shorter than her in no way detracted from the effect.

She entered the arena and glanced at the screen. There, looking for all the world like a model from a magazine was Darryn's face.

Branwys froze, the tenuous grasp on closure shattering. It all came back, the battle, the clearing, the magnificent way he and Cesc had fought, how helpless she had been, how she had failed Tinka...

She closed her eyes, and Agatha's words echoed in her mind. It wasn't her fault. She couldn't have known. Next came Zola's words. She was stronger than she realized. She was better than she realized.

Branwys' eyes snapped open, and she stepped up to the platform. Ognian and Dimo stepped forward together, but Branwys raised her hand. "Oggie, you've had a battle. Dimo, it will be you, plus our temporary friends, Golurk and Torkoal!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 21 2013, 09:46 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Darryn never considered the possibility that Branwys would choose to rent some Pokemon for her battle and now he was facing two that he didn’t know the full capabilities of. Yes, he knew what a Golurk was – Pan had had one – but he’d never seen it battle. And then Torkoal was another Pokemon he’d never faced before. Only little Dimo, that gutsy Cubone, was familiar to him and even then he had no stark advantage.

*Defense is the only way to play this without Lady or Bravo on the field… But India wont stand a chance if that Torkoal gets to her…*

“November, go! Use Inferno on the Golurk! And Romeo get in close and use Thunder Fang on the Torkaol!” Darryn sent the stronger two battlers ahead while India fluttered in the bag. He narrowed his eyes while watching his Butterfree move. Keeping back had to be the only way to keep her in the battle but she’d have to make an attack eventually…

“And India, use Quiver Dance!”

Darryn’s lightning-quick Jolteon flashed across the arena straight for the Torkoal while his flaming unicorn summoned a blaze around her body and focused it into a fiercely roaring jet of fire right for the enormous robotic ghost. Back near his podium, India span and flutted in a swaying motion that generated a glowing silver and green aura around her.

*You can do it, India!* He willed the bug type to do her best even as Branwys began her counter attack.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 24 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

He's trying to put me on the defensive. A good strategy, but I can't fall for it! Branwys looked at the field. He'd sent two out, but left the third, a butterfly-like pokemon Branwys couldn't remember the species name of. Why was he holding that one back..?

Well, let's find out!

She snapped off commands, leaning against the small podium as much to see the field and not fall off as anything. "Golurk, charge past the rapidash and use rollout on the one in the back! Torkoal, use lava plume on the same pokemon! Dimo!" She grinned as he turned and saluted her. Somehow he had gotten into her back and gotten the coat Cesc'a Aunt and Uncle had made for him. "Use bonemerang! Keep the pup fom hitting Torkoal! GO!"

As one, the three pokemon moved, Torkoal opened his mouth as he "ran", slow but steady, toward India. The golurk was swifter, curling into a ball and rolling toward India as well. Dimo threw his bone with a resounding whir as it spun in the air, picking up speed toward Romeo.

Now, how are you going to handle that, Darryn...

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 26 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

*Why didn’t I consider that some trainers would be using rentals?!* Darryn cursed himself. Lady, Romeo and Zulu should be out here, dammit!*

Darryn was outstanded that Branwys had made a move to counter him so quickly. Not only that, but Branwys had identified the obvious – he was holding India back. The fear that came off his Butterfree was not inconsiderable as the Golurk and Torkoal focused on her. A glitter-like sheen decorated her wings that had not been there before.

*Power meets power?* Darryn chewed the inside of his lip. Nope. Not with my selection. Power meets speed. But will that be enough in a real trainer match? On a stage this would be easier!*

“India, get out of there!” darryn yelled to his Butterfree and she didn’t need telling twice. With a scream, the bug zipped upwards to evade the Golurk but found herself square in the path of a jet of fire. “India, no!”

“Freeeh!” Darryn’s Butterfree wailed desperately, beating her wings free of the flames as the aura of Quiver Dance aided her defense.

“HA HA!” Romeo zipped out of the bonemerang’s path and wagged his tail merrily at Dimo. “Missed me, Skully! I’m the fastest you ever sa-AAAARGH!”

Darryn’s Jolteon yelped as the return path of bonemerang took him out.

“Romeo, get up!” Darryn kicked himself over and over. How could he leave India so open!? While it was true that all of his Pokemon on the field specialised in speed, his Butterfree was undoubtedly the weakest and most inexperience in his whole collection.

*I’m sorry, India!* Darryn fretted over his Pokemon. In the few battles she had participated in, the Butterfree had never been a hard hitter… *They don’t need to be!* Darryn couldn’t believe it. With opponents like a powerful Golurk only Lady or Zulu would have a real chance in a fist fight but fists weren’t the only things that settled battles. Speed was everything!

“All change!” Darryn judged the foe Pokemon. None were as fast as his. They stood a chance, but not in simply attack – not when the playing field was evened out with the strange system used at this event. “India use Stun Spore on Cubone! Romeo use Thunder Wave on Torkoal and November use Hypnosis on the Golurk!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 27 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys was amazed by the sheer speed Darryn's pokemon were displaying. She had known they were fast before, but seeing them in combat and actually facing them were two different things.

She also took in that attacking the butterfree (HA! She remembered!) had agitated Darryn and forced him to change tactics. The problem was, with that speed, they were very sound tactics.. Branwys' pokemon could endure, yes, but if she couldn't hit his pokemon they'd whittle hers down in no time.

She chewed her lip, eyes narrowing. Already the stun spore was drifting toward Dimo, the rapidash was coming in to put her Golurk to sleep, and the torkoal was going to get zapped if she d--

Branwys glanced down at her pokedex, thrust up a finger, and shouted, "I-DEEEE-aaaa! Torkoal Smokescreen! Give yourselves some cover!

The torkoal responded instantly, spinning in place, smoke pouring from his mouth, nostrils, and the top of his shell. Only the golurk, as tall as he was, stuck out.

"Golurk! Mud Slap on the rapidash! Make it wide!"

The golurk's hand swept back, massive, preparing to do just that.

"Dimo!" she cried out, not able to see him. "Intercept the jolteon! Use Bone Rush!"

She had no idea if the spores had hit, or if the Golurk could act in time to avoid sleep, but she had to try...

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 2 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

“Romeo, get back!” Darryn yelled, cancelling his Jolteon’s attack as the billowing cloud of smoke from the Torkoal spread out around the opposing team. His lightning-quick Pokemon immediately sprang in reverse, the end of a bone swiping where he had stood from within the cloud. The Cubone rather cleverly remained hidden in the fog, the bone weapon being drawn back inside the cover of darkness.

Branwys’s Golurk unleashed its own hidden attack upon November, a wave of mud bursting from the smog even as the ripple-like waves of hypnotic power left her eyes. With a startled whinny, she pranced back to no avail – the mud spattered against her chest and legs with a hiss as it dried amid her crimson flames. Meanwhile, india’s Stun Spore disappeared into the cloud.

*Has it worked?!* Darryn had no idea if his plan had taken affect – only that Romeo had been totally unsuccessful. *Keep her on the defensive!*

“Everyone, up!” Darryn ordered, his Butterfree climbing into the air first, then Romeo zipping up in front of her and finally the blazing unicorn, forming an offensive and defensive line. “November, go with a blinding Morning Sun! Romeo, attack with Swift! And India, give me another Quiver Dance!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 2 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys grinned as the other team began to pull back. It would seem she had thwarted Darryn's plan af--

A beeping alarm sounded in her ears, and she lifted he wrist, looking at the steel blue C-Gear there and acessing the pokemon health app. Dimo's representative icon pulsed between faded colors and normal, and a small arc of drawn electricity sparked around him from time to time.

The stun spore had hit! "Sheiße!" Quickly she checked the golurk. He seemed fine; The hypnosis had been avoided in time.

Time to stop purloin-footing around, then! "Torkoal, climb up on the golurk's foot! Dimo, get up on his waist if you can, buddy!" Branwys glared across field, determination shining through rather than malice. "Golurk! Earthquake!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 3 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

*And she brings it back like that?! What do I do? Defend, again?!*

“November, Romeo! Cancel that!” Darryn barked out, unable to do anything other than fall back and try again. No matter how he seemed to make an offensive move, Banwys came up with a perfect blocking strategy like an oncoming wall… with spikes… “Go with Bounce and Protect, instead!”

The glow in November’s mane barely began to brighten before it dimmed and her hooves clattered to the ground, a powerful spring sending her high up into the vaulted cave while the nimble Jolteon landed where she had stood. A green field of energy expanded in a perfect sphere around the electric type just before…

BOOM! The resounding thunder and shockwave of the Golurk’s Earthquake rumbled throughout the arena causing a visible rippled of earth to burst out from under the smokescreen. Romeo’s Protect field crackled noisily as the attack hit home, Darryn’s Jolteon bracing himself for an impact that never came.

“Dammit, Branwys!” Darryn gasped, unable to contain his shock any more. “Since when were you so good at this?!”

He wracked his brains for the next move but found no inspiration – his acquaintance was too good at countering and blocking.

*This is seriously different to a Contest battle… Am I really out of touch with regular battling!?*

“Freeeh!” India’s call to her trainer was an urgent one – the shimmering sparks of Quiver Dance had intensified since the first time she had used it and a confident glow now seeped from her emotaglow. With a single flick of her wings, India seemed to vanish from one spot in the air and appear in another while her large eyes glittered with the fire of her special ability.

*India!?* Darryn had never seen his Butterfree feel that way before… *And she even knows that the time is right while November and Romeo are out of the battle!*

“OK, India!” Darryn sent a bubble of faith right back at his old Pokemon, “Use Ominous Wind!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 3 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys smirked as Darryn gaped, his pokemon, one bracing behind the rapidly fading Protect and one still in the air from a magnificent bounce. "Surprised, Darryn?" she asked, in a normal voice, not believing he could hear her. "Unova practically invented triple battles!"

Her grin turned to a look of shock as Darryn ordered Ominous Wind. It hit Golurk dead on, causing the giant to stagger back. Dimo fell from his thigh, getting up stiffly, and Torkoal was kicked off of the foot that had been its safe haven from Earthquake.

Branwys shook herself, mutters, "Damnú aír!", and laughed out loud. Not because his attempt was laughable, but because she had very nearly made the mistake of dismissing him. He wasn't out of this battle at all. Far from it.

But neither was she.

"Dimo! Bone Rush on the Jolteon! Torkoal! Laval Plume on the butterfree, please! Golurk, I know you're hurting, but Rollout on the butterfree as well!"

Branwys watched the result . RIt was gratifying to see the torkoal slowly opened its mouth to send a burst of flame flying toward the butterfree, and the golurk roll itself up to launch at same.

It was less so to see Dimo take a halting step forward and fall over. Poor thing...

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 4 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Branwys really was something and Darryn had had no idea. Upon realising that she would be his opponent he had underestimated her and misjudged her choice of Pokemon. Things were not looking good for the Co-Ordinator and he was quickly becoming aware that his place in the tournament would not be an easy one to keep. Especially when Branwys continued her relentless assault.

Bone Rush, Lava Plume and Rollout. There was something about that…

*Lava Plume?!*

“India! Get out of there!” Darryn cried, urging his butterfly to flee the attacks coming her way. In response, the bug zipped away from the immediate path of the Lava Plume but both trainer and Pokemon had misjudged this one – Lava Plume was an all-encompassing attack that spared none in its path.

“Freeeeeeh!” India screamed as the flames burst into the back of her wings, dragging her into a smoking tailspin right as the massive form of Golurk, also flaming from friendly fire cause by the Torkoal.

*Did Branwys know that Lava Plume hit her own team mates?! That’s pretty ruthless…*

With a final squeal, India plopped to the ground in a fragile smoking heap.

“India, return now!” Darryn recalled his Pokemon to the Net Ball and surveyed the field. Romeo looked scorched but still able to battle, Branwys’s Cubone also blackened by the Lava Plume struggled to rise nearby. The huge Golurk was making a slow but steady turn, the Lava Plume also taking its toll on it. Quite proudly, the Torkoal stood amid it all while…

A screaming whinny rent the air, an incandescent Rapidash plummeting toward her target – the spinning Golurk! Bounce came down with a crash while Darryn hurriedly tried to remember what the intense flames of his unicorn’s mane and tail signified…

*Lava Plume activated November’s Flash Fire! If they're going to hit hard, it's about time we started doing the same!*

“November use Fire Blast on Cubone!” Darryn targeted Branwys’s faithful Dimo first while Romeo sprang away from the bone-weilder. “And Romeo, use Thunder on the Torkoal!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 5 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

On the outside, Branwys was calculating, looking for another counter despite her recent setbacks.

On the inside, she was mortified. She had, directly, caused damage to two of her own pokemon. She knew the golurk had to move in the path of the lava plume to strike at the butterfree, but she hadn't waited. She knew Dimo had fallen in the path as well.

Dimo wouldn't mind. He knew the risks, according to Agatha's musharna, but that didn't mean she liked doing it!

It was time to use some strategy other than "compensate for how small you are"!

"Dimo, climb on the torkoals back! Use Bonemerang on the jolteon! Golurk, mudslap! hit them both! Torkoal, usee Protect as soon as Dimo's bonemerang is done!"

She nodded to herself, briskly. She could come back from this, but she had to keep thinking.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 7 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #16

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"BRANWYS! GO GO GO!"

Cesc Rojas burst into the stands, Lyla Moore in tow on his arm. He paused for a moment, casting a glance towards the lovely lady on his arm.

"WHOO DARRYN! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

As he watched Dimo's unusually thick bone club flash out of his hand, beginning Branwys' combination attack, he shot his hands into the air, cheering raucously.

"DIMO! DIMO! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! DIMO DIMO FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

Cesc possessed an unusually contagious energy. It was a mix of his good looks, swarthy charm, and the utmost balance with which he oscillated between his calm, elegant composure and his reckless abandon. In no time at all, the crowd had taken up his chant.

For a moment, he stopped, feeling a bit guilty for getting swept up and turning the crowd in such a way. Co-ordinators like Darryn's morale could potentially be swayed by the response of a crowd. He had to re-balance the equation of the energy in the air.

"RO-ME-OHHHHHHH RO-ME-OHHHHHHHHH!" His yell shot through the crowd, turning just about half of them to that chant. Now the two chants melded together, with a surprising polyrythmic intensity.

Placing his hands on his hips, he surveyed his handiwork before turning back to watch the battle. If Branwys would catch his eye, he'd blow a kiss. For luck, of course.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 9 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Darryn watched on as Branwys ordered her Cubone to ride atop the Torkoal, taking the hit from Thunder like a pro Ground-type. He shook it off with a stiff shake off his skull only to find a Fire Blast still coming his way. Meanwhile, the giant Golurk unleashed a mud wave at both Romeo and November, splattering them both with sticky brown clods of earth.

November screamed, the wet mud hissing violently as it connected with her burning flames, her eye rolling wildly in the back of her head. Panic and stress flooded out of her, making Darryn almost wince with the wall of emotion that welcomed him.

“It’s OK, November!” He encouraged her firmly. “It’s only a bit of mud!”

“Use Bonemerang on the Jolteon!”

Dimo’s bone was released before Fire Blast could impact, curving out in a wide arc to spin dangerously toward Romeo.

“Romeo, jump on November’s back and shoot it down with Swift! November use Morning Sun to try and blind them!”

The Rapidash’s body took on a glittering glow of the rising sun, light swelling and bursting like a beacon, but was cut short as her partner Jolteon’s muddy feet touched her back. With an even more intense scream than previously, November bucked and reared like a wild stallion. Her whinnies reached an ear-splitting volume as Romeo clutched on, desperately trying to fulfil his trainer’s wishes.

*Oh no!* Darryn slapped a hand to his forehead. *The mud! November is so obsessed with the way that she looks that the mud on Romeo’s paws is throwing her focus way off!*

THWACKKK!

“Jolteee!” Bonemerang met static-charged fur and the lightning Pokemon was catapulted off of November’s back like a coconut at a fairground stall.

“Jolteon is unable to battle!” The referee announced from the side of the arena.

“Ungh,” Darryn moaned, raising the Quick Ball and recalling his second Pokemon, “looks like it’s up to you, Novvy. November!?”

Scream after scream rent the air, a thrashing Rapidash stomping and flaring wildly burning up the centre of the battlefield. Waves of frustration and sheer panic came off of the Pokemon like a grotesque flood before Darryn’s eyes and before he knew it, November’s focus was completely consumed by confusion.

“November, calm down!” Darryn urged her but to no avail – a powered up Flame Charge was activated and in an instant the flaring diamond-hard hooves of his Rapidash were flashing towards Branwys’s Golurk.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 21 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys' head snapped up, looking for the familiar voice that had just called her name. She had just found the owner of the voice, the incredibly handsome Cesc Rojas, just as his uncertain voice trailed off from cheering for Darryn, then switched to Dimo.

A face palm didn't seem out of place. However, rather than humiliate him, she raised her hand and waved to him.

Turning back to the battle, something seemed... off. Darryn had been much better in the forest, fighting off attackers. Perhaps it was the difference between all out combat and Battle. Perhaps it was the fact that it was a friend, so to speak, instead of a monster. Maybe it was the difference between coordination and trainer battling. All she knew was that, in short order, two of his three pokemon had gone down, and the last one was out of control.

Very much to the detriment of Branwys' rented golurk. Before she could react to the novelty of a rampaging rapidash, she had charged the golurk, wreathed in flames, and slammed into it. The Golurk raised both fists, roaring, then went stiff, falling straight back and landing in a cloud of dust.

"Scheiße," she muttered, eyes widening at the frantic look on the Rapidash's face as it turned to face the rest of her team.

Dimo had managed to get onto the torkaol's back, but anything else he might have tried to do was interrupted as he tried to catch the bonemerang. Tried and bobbled it, his paralysis slowing his reaction time even when it came to his own devices.

"Torkoal! Smokescreen!" Dimo was still trying to catch the club, and could never get a move on time. Hopefully, the smokescreen would cover both.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 26 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Lyla cheered alongside Cesc, wailing at the top of her lungs for both trainers to do their best. Of course, Lyla wanted Darryn to win – he was her cousin! – but there was nothing wrong with wishing Branwys well, too. She smiled sideways at Cesc. He clearly felt the same way but with the opposite feelings for the two combatants on the field.

“You can, like, totally do it, Daz!” Lyla shouted through the roar of the crowd, her screams failing to reach Darryn amid the noise. “You c-“ Lyla stopped and stared. What was Darryn doing?

On the field, with Branwys’s Pokemon regrouping, Darryn was ignoring the opportunity to strike while the smaller Pokemon were preoccupied and was instead… Staring into thin air… No, not absently… At November. The Rapidash was screaming and whinnying as she had done since the mud had hit her but now she was-

<Darryn!>

<Back off, Ly!>

Lyla felt the warm fuzz of their mental link snap off like a brittle twig. She gasped and held a hand up to her lip, watching in stunned silence as the flaming unicorn on the battlefield began to calm down. The screams of the horse grew quieter, her movements less erratic, and focus took over those rage-clouded eyes. There was no doubt about it. Darryn had done that with his… power? Still thinking of it that way was odd but she had felt and seen the impossible ability work its magic.

“November!” Darryn’s voice boomed over the loud speakers that welcomed the crowd in the stands. His Pokemon, completely alert to his call lowered her head with intent. Her flames were still the passionate crimson from the Flash Fire gift that the Torkoal had given her and those hooves steamed with speed-enhanced power of Flame Charge. Determination was set within the Pokemon now as well as increase attack power and speed.
Smoke poured freely from the Torkoal’s mouth and nostrils along with the hole in its shell, spilling out into an ever-increasing fog of darkness.

“November! Keep your distance and attack Dimo with Inferno!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Branwys' eyes widened as the rapidash slowly began to calm. Whatever advantage Branwys could have eked from the horse's panic was gone, and looking out at her own pokemon, she got a sinking feeling. Dimo was practically cradling his bone club, still fumbling to get it into position. The torkoal was doing well enough, but something tickled the back of her mind.

"November! Keep your distance and attack Dimo with Inferno!"

Branwys winced. "Dimo, get off of there! Torkoal, use Protect!" Dimo took a shuffling step, but the paralysis took over again and he tripped, falling off of the torkoal and landing stiffly on the ground.

Branwys squeezed her eyes shut as the inferno hit Dimo square on. The pokemon writhed and groaned, and, with a final jerk, fell limp.

"Cubone is unable to battle!"

Branwys hissed and recalled Dimo. It was down to two, fire against fire. "Torkoal, use Body Slam!" She knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the torkoal was slower than November, but hoped, prayed even, she'd get a lucky shot in. It was all she had left.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:28 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.