Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Gentle Grieving at Gigarte's Gym
Douken Sota
post Jun 5 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Master Ball (click to show)

That was the information he had gathered on the item that had captured Darkrai. The item that TD had. Team Deception, he would assume, considering the initials matched the name he heard from a Spiritomb. However, right now, he didn't want to be bothered by such ordeals.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Taking the device from out of his pocket, Douken opened up the new message he had. It was an order of flowers needed for a wedding bouquet. Now why did Douken get an order like this? Well, when he got to Gigarte, it seemed like the gym leader was backed up on business and unable to take gym battles at the time. However, talking with the staff, he managed to make a promise with her. "If you can help us out, I think I can convince her to make a window in her scedule for your battle. Don't worry, you will be paid for your labor as well." That was a week ago, but at least it was getting his mind off of things.

"Hey Bellossom," Douken asked one of the local Pokemon who managed the flower garden, "Can you show me where the white roses are?" With a nod, Douken was led by the flower Pokemon, which has been his tactic for the most part. If he didn't know where it was, he would ask the Pokemon who took care of the flowers around them. When he gets there, he gives a quick thanks before cutting it off the the length he was told before handing over his collection to someone else to take care of the thorns and designing. Part of him enjoyed the fact that it somewhat felt like home, albeit being an underground garden with Sunkern occasionally using Sunny Day and Lotad misting the flowers with their Water Guns.

"Bell!" The Bellosom soon pointed to the bush he was looking for.

"Thank you," he said before getting to work, getting on his knees and finding the ones he thought would look best. They placed that on his call.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Oct 26 2013, 10:21 AM

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jun 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

The elevator going down into the underground city of Gigarte was packed, with men, women, and children of all ages cramming the small space of the elevator. 'Why people couldn't just take the next one is beyond me,' Hunter thought to himself as a rather large man, who was stuffing his face with some form of meat on a stick, forced the 18 year old into the corner of the elevator. Hunter looked down at his feet at a Wooper who was standing at the floor of the elevator and was having a blast with its reflection in the elevator. He presumed that the Pokemon belonged to someone else and ignored it as it started to attack itself.

After a rather long ride to the bottom, the doors of the elevator opened and the passengers poured out into the city. Hunter watched as the Wooper at his feet exited the elevator and made its way along the path into the city. Hunter couldn't help but to be amazed as he took his first step out into the city. He was immediately struck by the beautiful aroma of the flowers and the beauty of the underground city. The dome ceiling nearly looked exactly like what was outside of it as Pidgey flew across the sky and perched on buildings. Wild Pokemon joyfully ran throughout the parks as Pokemon and trainers alike enjoyed the beautiful weather and city.

"Wow," Hunter whispered to himself, "It's even more beautiful than it was in the pictures." The brochure that he had picked up in Barley didn't do the destination justice and being there in person was absolutely gorgeous. He made his way over to one of the parks, letting Elekid and Hitmontop play in the open space while Skorupi sat at his side.

"Woop, woop!" A voice chimed out as Hunter took in the scenery. He looked around and saw nothing, besides the wind causing a bush to rustle. When his Pokemon were all tired and his stomach started to growl, Hunter gathered up his Pokemon and headed towards the nearest restaurant. Elekid walked by his side as he strolled down the sidewalk, looking around and observing all the features of Gigarte. He had heard that the founder of Gigarte, Silver, was originally the founder of another town called Lenolia, which had unfortunately been rendered uninhabitable after the pollution from Petropolis had overcome it. Now it's rumored that the town is a home for thieves and shady business men alike, along with Poison and Ghost type Pokemon. Rumor even has it that Team Deception does some business here as well.

"Woop, woop!" The same voice came out again, temporarily interrupting Hunter's thoughts as he looked for the source of the sound. He looked down at Elekid, who simply pointed down an alley nearby, however when Hunter looked all he saw was a small figure scurry into the safety of the shadows of the buildings towering over the passageway. He simply shrugged it off and continued on his search for a place for his and his Pokemon to eat.

"Kid! Elekid!" His Pokemon called out as they walked along the path, pointing towards a small building with the name "Mel's PokeDiner" inscribed on a sign hanging above the doorway. It looked good enough to Hunter, who nodded at his Pokemon before entering the restaurant. Shortly after sitting down, he placed his order with the relatively cute waitress and started to assemble the meals for his Pokemon, who he had released from their PokeBalls as they patiently waited for their food. He filled up 3 bowls with sour, sweet, and dry food for Elekid, Hitmontop, and Skorupi respectively and watched them chow down as he poured a bottle of Fresh Water into a bowl for them all to share.

"Woop woop!" There it was again. Hunter quickly scanned the restaurant and immediately recognized the source. It was the Wooper from the elevator. He must have been following Hunter through out the city, maybe because it was lost? He looked anxiously at the handful of sweet berries in Hunter's hand and he could tell that the little guy was hungry.

"Want some food, buddy?" Hunter called out softly, reaching his hand out to the Wooper who quickly devoured the berries as Elekid looked on in disapproval and jealously. How dare that Wooper eat his berries! Hunter examined the water type in front of him. He was obviously lost, and the chance of him finding his family again would be slim. Hunter had been meaning to add a new member to his team for a while now as well.

"I'll tell you what," he said, sliding down closer to the end of the booth as the Wooper slowly edged backwards. "If you join my team, there's plenty more where that came from." The Water Fish Pokemon jumped up and down in excitement, verifying its acceptance into joining Hunter's squad.

"Well I guess that there confirms it," Hunter said, smiling as he held out a PokeBall to which Wooper happily tapped the button on before being sent into and his trainer sending him back out to join his new teammates on the seat of the booth.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Hunter said, flagging the waitress who had brought him his food earlier. "Could I get a bowl of sweet berries for my Wooper here?" The woman nodded and shortly returned with the bowl of berries, which the newly acquired Pokemon devoured within seconds and looking up with puppy dog eyes at Hunter, who poured the remaining sweet berries into his bowl.

"That's it for the berries," he said as Wooper went to town once again. As everyone finished, Hunter recalled all of his Pokemon to their PokeBalls, except for Wooper who he let stay out. He dropped some cash at the table before exiting the restaurant and heading further into the city. Although he had no formal plans, he had heard that there was a Pokemon Gym in town and what better time to get your first badge then the present? While he was daydreaming, however, he looked down to see Wooper scurry away and into a flower garden, out of Hunter's sight. He called after his Pokemon, who ignored his yelling as he ran further into the garden, with Hunter a couple of steps behind, but his new Pokemon was too fast. He entered the flower garden, but looked around and didn't see much except for a couple of Pokemon, not his of course, and a male kneeling down by a white rose bush. He approached the boy, who seemed to be just about his age and sported glasses along with his messy, dirty blonde hair. He tapped him on the shoulder of his dark blue overshirt in order to get his attention.

"Excuse me, but have you seen a Wooper run past?" He paused for a moment to catch his breath. "I had him out of his PokeBall but he ran away while I was daydreaming."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shiro Azuma
post Jun 11 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 197 614

Active Squad

"What the? An underground city? Whoa...This is new to me......Pretty cool though..Never actually seen one before this could be fun."

Kazuki said while waiting for the elevator to open so he could enter and go to the city, his Vulpix that he had nicknamed Vulpy popped out of her pokeball and appeared beside Kazuki as they waited for the the elevator. It finally opened and they both entered the elevator, filled with a few more people and there pokemon as well. Seeing as one of the trainers there had a liking to Vulpy which didn't really concern him to much. He was happy with someone asking him about his Vulpix and she had been as well, allowing the girl to pet her as they waited to for the elevator to stop. Kazuki rubbed the back of his head slightly as he spoke.

"Oh my apologies for not introducing myself. My name is Kazuki Shu, and thats Vulpy. We were born on the same day, which most people thought was strange but hey its fine to me."

"Its alright, you don't have to apologize or anything. And did you say your last name was Shu? You must be related to Isami Shu."

Kazuki nodded slightly surprised that someone knew of his older brother, as he was about to speak the elevator doors opened and the girl walked out of the elevator leaving a small gift that Vulpy had in her mouth. Nudging him to take it and look at it he did just that. Blinking slightly as he read the note that was in his hand. He to walked out of the elevator with Vulpy heading towards the Pokeking since him and his pokemon were getting kinda hungry. His Frillish, nicknamed Frilz popped out of its pokeball excited floating around Kazuki for a moment. He'd laugh slightly seeing him that excited but could understand why Frilz was excited and hungry.

As they entered the restaurant Kazuki released Rena, his Eevee who ran through the building trying to find the best seats for them and Digz his Diglett. Digz dug a small hole for it to feel comfortable while in the restaurant which almost got him in trouble until the manger noticed that it was a Diglett so he let them off easy. Seconds later Rena came back and nudged Kazuki to follow her.

Eevee!! Eve!! Eevee!!"

"Alright alright Rena no need to pull i'm walking i'm walking."

Kazuki chuckled waving towards Frilz to follow instead of staring at the mascots face scaring him abit seeing as Frilz was giving him weird faces. Vulpy followed as well looking around until Kazuki stopped and picked her up and sat down letting her and Rena sit by him. Digz was on the other side waiting to eat while Frilz explored the area in awe of the place.

"I'd like to order some food for my pokemo please."

"Alright what would you like to order?"

"Hm.... Well 4 bowls of berries please.

"What kind would you like?"

"For my Vulpix sweet berries, For Eevee spicy berries, Diglett sour berries and Frillish would like some bitter/ sweet berries."

"Alright, i'll be back with your order."

While waiting Frilz phased through the rooftops looking around which caused a slight panic, which Shiro to chuckle lightly.

"Frilz stop that, we don't need people freaking out."

The Frillish gave a slight sigh but nodded to its trainer phasing back inside the building

This post has been edited by Shiro Azuma: Jun 18 2013, 04:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 11 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

PANE

Hearing a voice behind him, Douken looked around to see who was talking to him. It was a kid with black hair sporting a jersey asking about a missing Wooper. "Can't say I have," Douken replied, turning back to his cuts, wrapping them up into a bundle to get ready for prepping. "However, if he went in here and started a ruckus, I am sure he would not be that safe. If you didn't know, the Wooper family are not all that great when it comes to Grass attacks."

Bringing the bundle up with him as he stood, he brushed off the dirt off his jeans. For this type of job, Douken did a small wardrobe change; opting not to wear the jacket and wearing a sleeveless shirt, making the tattoos on his shoulders a lot more noticeable. Another small thing was he wasn't wearing shoes or socks, enjoying the dirt below his feet.

"Still, no commotion yet, so I doubt he was been causing havoc around here." Thinking for a moment, he added, "I think I can lend a small hand." Taking a Pokeball from his belt, he tossed it into the air, releasing Sabre into the sky. "Sabre, keep an eye for wandering Wooper, will you?" With a quick cry, Sabre went to the sky, skimming the ground for the armless blue Pokemon. Looking back at the kid, he said, "Now if you excuse me, I need to make sure these flowers get to the decorator, or else the gym leader would be delayed more on orders before she can even think of challenges."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Oct 26 2013, 10:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jun 17 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

OOC (click to show)

The brown haired teenager looked away from the flowers as he heard Hunter's question.

"Can't say I have," he replied, turning back to his flowers as he wrapped a bow around them into a bundle. "However," he continued. "If he went in here and started a ruckus, I am sure he would not be ht safe. If you didn't know, the Wooper family are not all that great when it comes to Grass attacks." Hunter paused. He had not considered his new Pokemon's vulnerability to Grass pokemon and their attacks. Hopefully he had not caused any trouble, because if he did the small water type would be in big trouble. The teen got to his feet as he brushed the dirt off his jeans.

"Still, no commotion yet, so I doubt he was been causing havoc around here. Still, I think I can lend a small hand," He took a PokeBall from his belt and tossed it, revealing a particularly intimidating Skarmory.

"Sabre, keep an ye for wandering Wooper, will you?" With a quick cry, Sabre flew off into the sky in search for Hunter's armless Pokemon.

"Now if you excuse me, i need to make sure these flowers get to the decorator, or else the gym leader would be delayed more on orders before she can even think of gym challenges." With a nod, the male walked away, leaving Hunter to search for his Pokemon. He dove in between two bushes, keeping a sharp eye out for Wooper. After awhile, the Pokemon was still nowhere in sight and Hunter was beginning to grow frustrated before hearing a cry behind him. Sabre, perched on a tree branch, motioned towards a bush directly below him, to which Hunter ran over and discovered his water type Pokemon, who was in the process of gobbling down more berries it had found. A Roselia and Roserade, obviously Pokemon who maintained the garden, looked over sternly as Hunter scooped up his Pokemon like a baby as it swallowed its last gulp of berries.

"You can't go around running off like that," Hunter scolded his Pokemon in a hushed tone before returning him to his Pokeball. He called to the steel type perched on the tree and told it he could return to his trainer. The Skarmory nodded before flying off once again. The teenager made his way through the garden back towards the entrance and exited onto the street and saw the trainer from before walking off, flowers in hand.

"Hey!" Hunter called out, catching up to him before stopping to catch his breath. "I never caught your name. My name is Hunter."

--------------------
+Quote Post

BanalityPanda
post Jun 18 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Titan
Group Icon

Member No.: 199 547

Active Squad

Standing in the elevator, staring blankly at the doors, his shirt inside out, Skyler began to wonder how he had gotten there. One moment he was leaving Port Barely on his forced 'adventure' and the next he managed to stumble into an elevator.

'What if I walk so fast, time slows down around me and I managed to walk into the future and got stuck in an elevator surrounded by strangers.' Skyler thought to himself, scratching his chin lazily.

At his side stood a small Wooper, Lewton, his first Pokemon and best friend. The Pokemon was just as blank as his human companion, smiling into the elevator doors, staring at himself. Even when the doors opened the duo stood there as everyone else squeezed past and the doors shut.

"... I think we were supposed to get off." Skyler mumbled.

"Woopah." Lewton responded, nodding slowly.

The teen sighed, "we'll catch it next time for sure."

After six rides up and down Skyler and Lewton were finally kicked off the elevator for loitering. Together they dragged themselves into the light. "Light underground?" Skyler said confused. Wasn't he going, underground?
He didn't see much of Furoh beyond Port Barley. Ironic because his own father was a travel salesman. You would think they'd travel all over the world, but no. All he ever saw was the exotic ships pulling into port carrying a ridiculous array of things. But never something as ridiculous as this.

He's never heard of light underground and there was only one way he could explain it. "Diglett People." He said confidently, "or Drilbur people." To him these people were the next evolutionary chain from Diglett and Drilbur. It made perfect sense.
As he walked along the streets he tried his best to avoid being touched by this new breed of human, Underground folk. The chances of them carrying new diseases was high, and who knows, their hideous deformations could be contagious.

'What would Mom say if I turned into a mutant Human Diglett... She'd probably kick me out.' Now sulking, Skyler made his way to a nearby eatery, Mel's PokeDiner. Sitting at one of the tables, resting his head on the surface in a sign of depression, Skyler began to regret ever leaving Barley. He didn't know what he was doing or where he was going. Or even where he was! He didn't even own a map and his food supply had run out days ago.

"Woopah!" Lewton called out, causing Skyler to lift his head to see that his friend was already sitting in the chair. Lewton had a knack for getting to places that seemed impossible because of the fact he had no arms, but Skyler had gotten used to it.

"No I don't wan't to go swimming." He replied, voice muffled by the hand that was holding up his head. "I don't think there's any water here. Which makes this whole thing this even more depressing."

"Would you like something to eat, little guy?" One of the waitresses had made her way to their table and was leaning over next to Lewton.

"I'd like some fish." Skyler mumbled.

The Waitress looked at the white-haired teen with a worried smile, "I'm sorry I was talking-"

"What do you want, Lewton?" Obliviously interrupting the Waitress,

"Woopah!" The blue Pokemon opened its mouth in a smile

"Really? That's kind of expensive." Skyler mumbled back, the Pokemon still smiling. "Okay, okay calm down," Skyler shifted his eyes to the Waitress, "and one steak."

The woman smiled, standing straight, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve that here." She giggled, "this is a Pokemon diner. I'll be happy to get your Pokemon a few berries."

Skyler shook his head. "Nah. Berries make him sick."

"Perhaps you're feeding him the wrong berry." She responded politely.

"Hmm... nope. But thanks anyways, I'll take a nap now." Skyler smiled back. resting his head on the table.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave, sir." The Waitress smiled, but he was already sleeping. "Oh dear..."

Five minutes later both were kicked out on the street. Skyler now sat directly across the diner, watching lazily. He would watch people go in and out, feeding their Pokemon berries and whatever else a Pokemon ate, he didn't know. All his Pokemon ate human food, which was something he found unique about them.

Twenty minutes passed and nothing exciting happened, until a Wooper ran into Mel's Discriminate PokeDiner, quickly being followed by a boy into the Diner. After feeding it and returning the Pokemon to it's poke-ball. It must have wondered off because not long after the trainer let it out and it ran away again.

"At least you're too lazy to run." Skyler smiled at his own Wooper.

"Woopah, Woopah." Lewton shot back.

"Whoa, hey. I don't talk about your mother like that." Skyer said, slowly rising to his feet. "Come on, I saw a Frillish in that Diner, I want to touch it. Or eat it. I haven't decided." Lewton hoped up and followed Skyler into the Diner.

Inside he was quickly greeted by the same waitress, blocking his path. "I'm sorry we can't allow you in here." She said sweetly.

"But, the Frillish."

"Excuse me?" She tilted her head in question.

"I mean, the berries. I want some of your berries and, uh, Pokemon food." Skyler lied, Lewton nodding at his side.

"I'm so sorry, we cannot let you in." She quickly denied him.

"Fine." Skyler admitted defeat and took several steps back. Now all he could do was stare at the Frillish floating inside. 'So close.'

--------------------
~*~PaNE~*~

Skyler Carlisle

Current Levels

~Made by Doc Brown~

+Quote Post

Shiro Azuma
post Jun 18 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Shor stared out of the window a while thinkong to himself while his pokemon were eating the berries that the waitress set down on. Soon being deep in thought was broken when he heard the waitress talking about a strange young by with messy white hair being kicked out for falling asleep. Shiro chuckled slightly at what he heard shaking his head some but then stopped as he looked closely at the window. The boy that the waitress was referring to was ositting outside, not knowing that he wanted to touch or eat his frillish he decided to at least go utside and meet the kid. Asking for another meal for his pokemon and him he and his Vulpix named Vulpy walked outside to introduce themselves. As his Eevee and Diglett followed as well while Frillish decided to keep eating but near the door just in case they decided to leave.

Now walking outside he gave a slight smile as he handed the other a bag of food for him and his pokemon as well. After handing him the bag of food he then decided to intorduce himself to boy.

"Uh..Hey the names Kazuki Shu, this here are my pokemon. Vulpy, Rena, and Digz.....Frilz is still isndie eating his-"

Before Kazuki could even finish his sentence his Frillish phased through the building and glomped him happy and satisfied about the berries that he had gotten to eat. KAzuki fell over chuckling happy to see that Frilz was satisfied with his meal for the day but was also surprised that Frilz was finished with his food so fast.

Fril Frillish...."

"Heh alright alright i'm glad your full, now then Frilz this is ...uh...Hm...What isyour name anyway?"

KAzuki said dustung himself off while Frilz started floating around the younge boy looking at him curiously as he waited for him to reply to histrainers question

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 18 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

Hearing the familiar cry from the sky, Douken looked up to see Sabre flying back up. "I am guessing he found what he was looking for?" Another screech gave him a reply, which made Douken smile. "Thanks. Sorry for the quick burden." Returning him to his Pokeball, Douken finished up the last bit of the order before returning them to the decorator.

"Thanks for the hard work," the decorator said, taking the collection of flowers, "That should be it for today. Be sure to register your hours, and I will be sure to let Chloe know of your work." With a nod, Douken did so before throwing on some sandals and leaving the shop. With a quick growl from his stomach, he muttered to himself, "Maybe I should grab some food before I head back to Center." Luckily for him, there was a diner right before the center.

However, before he left, the person from before approached him, asking for an introduction. "Douken," he replied, "a pleasure. Anyways, I just got off the clock and going to gab some dinner. You can join me if you wish."

Whether he accepted or not, Douken went ahead to the diner where he ran into two others. One had a Wooper standing next to him, while the other had.... a jellyfish Pokemon? It was no Tentacool, that was for sure. Whatever it was, it was being awfully clingy to the trainer. "Talk about a loving family," Douken chuckled, looking at the scene before looking at the hugged trainer. "Tell me, what kind of Pokemon is this?"

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Aug 2 2013, 10:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jun 21 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

"Douken," the boy replied, "a pleasure. Anyways, I just got off the clock and going to gab some dinner. You can join me if you wish." Without waiting for Hunter's confirmation, Douken turned around and walked over to the same diner that Hunter had been at earlier, Mel's Diner. As they entered the building, both of the males were stopped in their tracks at the sight of an unfamiliar Pokemon, a light blue jellyfish-like Pokemon who was seemed rather attached to it's trainer, using it's tentacles to wrap itself around the boy, who had spiky, teal blue hair. Hunter whipped out his PokeDex and scanned the Pokemon.

"Frillish, the Floating Pokémon. Frillish can constrict its foes using its veil-like tentacles and numb them with poison. It is said to live in dens some five miles below sea level."

Hunter stood behind Douken as he commented on the Pokemon to his trainer.

--------------------
+Quote Post

BanalityPanda
post Jun 24 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Titan
Group Icon

Active Squad

Skyler looked down at Kazuki, as he did most people, standing at 6'1" with white hair he painfully stood out in a crowd. Rubbing his neck, Skyler gave a weak smile. "Kazuki Shu? That sounds like a delicious food." He commented, stomach growling, reminding him that he still hadn't eaten anything. For now that would have to wait for later. His attention span growing short while looking at the Pokemon with Kasuki. He didn't know what they were. Two cats and a...

'Diglett... That's a Diglett.' Skyler mentally noted, his eyes narrowing at Kazuki. 'He's an Underground mutant, like the others...' Taking a step back Skyler opened his mouth to introduce himself, but the Frillish rudely burst in. Knocking its trainer to the ground, Skyler looked the other way. He was too lazy to offer help and would probably fall on top Kazuki from his current lack of energy.

"Heh alright alright i'm glad your full, now then Frilz this is ...uh...Hm...What isyour name anyway?"

His eyes slowly rolled to face Kazuki. "My name is Skyler Carlisle, this is Lewton" He said pointing a pale finger at the foot-tall Wooper at his side.

"Woopah!" The blue Pokemon shouted dumbly, having no context behind it.

"I was-" He began again, when another pair of trainers walked up. The brown-haired boy talking to Kazuki, seemingly ignoring Skyler. Though he was used to it, nobody really talked to someone as dull as he was.

"Tell me, what kind of Pokemon is this?"

--------------------
~*~PaNE~*~

Skyler Carlisle

Current Levels

~Made by Doc Brown~

+Quote Post

Shiro Azuma
post Jun 25 2013, 01:53 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Frilz finally loosened his grip seeing two other trainers walking over towards them curious about the two he just flew around them looking them over. Before looking at the others he looked into his bag and took out a bag filled with food for Skyler and his pokemon. He'd smile lightly handing it to Skyler then noticed that frilz was flying around the other two trainers over hearing one ask what type of pokemon Frilz was, he chuckled lightly at the question answering to both Skyler and Douken as he called Frilz back to him.

"This is one of my partners named Frilz, he's a ghost/water type pokemon known as Frillish......As you can already see he's very curious since he's flying around the both of you....He does that whenever he's curious about people or their pokemon, I guess you can say thats his nature."

"Frill Frillish...." Frilz replied with a smile on its face as he returned back to Kazuki, though now looking at Skylers wooper he wanted to see if it wanted to be friends so he flew toward Skyler and his Wooper holding out its tentacle towards the two to interact with them.

While Frilz was doing that Kazuki's eyes were now on Douken and Hunter, his arms crossed as he looked at the two with a slight annoyed tone since they interrupted Skyler from finishing whatever he was going to say. But hek kept his cool and introduced himself to the other trainers.

"My names Kazuki Shu, Born in raised in Kokono Village.......Though I doubt either of you know of that village......This here is Skyler who I just met."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 25 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

He couldn't help but chuckle at the Frillish's curious nature, watching him eye them carefully wondering who they are. It was so much that Douken couldn't help saying, "Be careful, Frilz. You know what they say: Curiosity killed the Delcatty."

However, he could tell by the slight glare that he had interrupted something, which he responded with, "Looks like my curiosity got the best of me right there," as he scratched the back of his dirty blonde hair. When they offered their introductions, the Amazon replied back, "I'm Douken, born and raised in the island city of Fidona. This here is Hunter, a new acquaintance of mine."

Watching the Frillish try to interact with the Wooper, Douken's curiosity was still playing. "Would it be alright if I saw the Frillish in action? I'm sure watching it can help me understand how they are." With him taking a Pokeball off his belt, he pushed the button to have the Pokeball open up, releasing his Dewgong out in front of them. "However, I doubt I would be a good opponent... Maya here is a strong girl."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Aug 2 2013, 12:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Jul 6 2013, 02:35 AM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

At the sound of Skyler introducing Lewton, Hunter's Wooper decided to make his presence know by forcefully ejecting himself from his PokeBall.

"Woop woop!" The armless Pokemon said as he approached Lewton, to which he responded with his usual "Woopah!" Wooper looked on curiously as he mirrored Lewton's moves, much to his amusement. Hunter couldn't help but to crack a smile as he watched the two Wooper's play with each other. He turned to water type's trainer and asked, "How long have you had Lewton for?"

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by free oatmeal: Jul 6 2013, 02:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

BanalityPanda
post Jul 7 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #14

Titan
Group Icon

Active Squad

Skyler looked at the frillish, reaching out with his left hand, poking it on the forehead. "Boop." He smiled lazily, forgetting completely what he was going to say. Looking at Kazuki and then Douken as the introduced themselves.

"I'm Skyler... from Port Barley." His head dropped, watching the two Wooper at his feet. Lewton tilting his head side-to-side, giving his famous blank expression to the other Wooper who had more personality.

"Woopah." Lewton smiled wide, blowing a bubble in the others face.

"How long have you had Lewton for?" Hunter asked, looking at Skyler.

"Oh..." He looked up at the sky, raising his brow in a sluggish manor. "I can't remember... How long ago was it, Lewton?" Looking down at his small friend who gave a lazy 'woopah' in response. "Oh, oh yeah that's right. Ten years, give or take. Back when I was seven." Skyler crouched down and placed a hand on Lewton's head, watching his lively friend.

"This reminds me. I saw a Wooper earlier, at that restaurant place... In fact," Skyler looked up at Hunter, shaking a finger in thought, "you look familiar." Rising to his feet he stepped towards Hunter, ignoring the other two for a moment. Hand held out in greetings. "What's your name again? Hughley?"

--------------------
~*~PaNE~*~

Skyler Carlisle

Current Levels

~Made by Doc Brown~

+Quote Post

Shiro Azuma
post Aug 2 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Battling you? That wouldn't be the smartest thing for me to do since i've just started my journey Douken...But I you do have a point though...Skyler or Hunter are any of you up for a battle? It would be better to at least test out or strength and tactics before we decided to battle against any of the gym leaders.."

Kazuki said with his arms crossed looking towards Skyler and Hunter as both their Woopers were playing together, he couldn't help but chuckle as Hunter's Wooper had more of a personality then Skylers. He'd stretch slightly as he watched the others talking as he grabbed th ebag that had his food in it and started to take a bite out of that feeling somewhat hungry at the moment now in his own world, the world of eating

(Sorry its short writers block)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 2 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE

Like he said, Maya was a strong girl, so he wasn't surprised he wasn't taken as a challenger. However, it did set off that little spark to test them out and see what they can do. Or maybe it wold be their first battle since leaving home, considering Kazuki's working with taking on gym leaders.

"Well, as you guys decide on who and what kind of format you want to fight in, I think I will grab dinner to go and come back out," he commented,holding his stomach as it grumbled again, "But if you want, I could be the ref for the match." Patting Maya's horn, Douken went o into the cafe, figuring he would get something fast and easy to eat as he watched. A sub sandwich sounded like the easiest option.

As he ordered, however, Maya was allowed to wander on her own, who took the time to flop her way on land over to the non-water types that were hanging about, which would be the rest of Kazuki's team simply hanging about. Giving them a smile, she waved with her fin.

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Aug 6 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

Upon being asked the question Skyler raised a brow, deep in thought. "I can't remember... How long ago was it, Lewton?" He looked down at his companion who gave nothing but a 'Woopah' in response.

"Oh, oh yeah that's right. Ten years, give or take. Back when I was seven." Skyler went to a knee and placed a hand on his Pokemon's head. "This reminds me. I saw a Wooper earlier, at that restaurant place... In fact," Skyler paused for a moment, rising to his feet as he approached Hunter. "you look familiar." Skyler extended a hand in greetings, to which Hunter met and shook firmly. "What's your name again? Hughley?"

"It's Hunter. Hunter Price." He smiled cheekily as he zoned back in on the conversation between Kazuki and Douken.

"Battling you? That wouldn't be the smartest thing for me to do since I've just started my journey Douken...But you do have a point though...Skyler or Hunter are any of you up for a battle? It would be better to at least test out our strength and tactics before we decided to battle against any of the gym leaders."

"I'd be fine with having a battle," Hunter said, stepping forward. "I wanted to test this little guy out in battle anyways. I haven't gotten to use him yet." He motioned down to his Wooper, who was running laps around his feet as he spoke. "He's got quite the energy, hopefully we can put that to good use in the battle."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Oct 26 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

PANE

As he stood there waiting for his order, his Pokegear flash and beeped, doing its best to get the owner's attention. Bringing it to his ear, he hit the call button and replied, “Hello?”

“Good evening, this is Mr. Sota, correct?” The call was from an old lady who was usually seeing the front end of the shop as the cashier.

“That’s right.”

”How are you dearie?

“Doing well. Just grabbing a bite to eat.”

Well I hope I am not interrupting something too important. Chloe just came in saying she would like the thank you for your hard work.” He couldn’t help but let a smirk cross his face. Only one thing he ould think of by helping. ”Also, we got your check for this week’s work done as well, excluding today. However, I am sure we can get you taken care of. Now remember dearie, she opened this window because you gave her the time, so t your best convenience.”

“Thank you very much. Have a good day.” Ending the call there, he grabbed his order and filled his cup with some iced tea before stepping out to Hunter, Kazuki, and Skyler. “Hey guys, seems like I won’t be able to judge this one. Got an important phone call inside for an urgent meeting. I won’t stop you from tagging along, but I got to run.” Adjusting the bag in his hand so he could get Maya’s ball and return her, he gave them a quick salute with his drink hand before taking off in a run.

For some reason, the flower shop held a more intimidating vibe now than any other time he had come here for work. It must have been because of Chloe’s presence in the form of a gym leader instead of boss. To no surprise either as she has had a pretty miraculous winning streak as of late. She even bested Tag, who sat with him on the two-badge bench. Still, her streak has to end eventually, and no one could meet the champion until they had her prize.

“Welcome, how may I-“ the old woman at the counter answered before seeing who it was. “So you came right after the call. No surprise. It reminds be back when I was your age. However, I am sure you didn’t come to let little-old me talk your ear off. Here,” she said, handing him the check of his work with a few bills on top to cover today’s work. Seemed like they were anticipating he would leave after the battle. “Miss Chloe will see you in the back. Good luck, dearie.”

“Thanks,” he answered back, pocketing away his work earning before walking back where he had seen the clearing many times, where he was sure to meet at least two people: a leader and a judge.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Oct 28 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #19

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Douken entered the chamber reserved for Gym Battles, and he would be greeted with a surprisingly beautiful sight. In lieu of the typical battlegrounds found throughout Furoh, Chloe's gym followed the great tradition of Grass Gym Leaders Worldwide.

The room was large, giving the combatants plenty of space to maneuver in combat. Chloe, notably, possessed several of the large Rock Pokemon, and she needed room to let them work to their fullest and most devastating effect. The battleground itself was an immaculately still Zen garden. The sandy pit seemed mostly even, with the gentle rolling, barely noticeable, waves of sand. Rocks articulated the garden in a sort of haphazard perfection. Trees surrounded the field, the leaves all gently reaching out and touching one another, as if speaking through stillness.

Sitting on the edge of the Zen Garden and looking to the side towards the trees, Chloe seemed unaware that Douken had entered. After a moment, she sensed that she was no longer alone and looked towards the entrance. Smiling, she raised herself up into her trainer box. A small pedestal rose out of the ground, and she tapped through it efficiently.

"Thank you for your work with us, Douken Sota. We managed to get through most of our backlogs. I believe you'll be receiving your check shortly, but I'll also reward your work by giving you a Gym Match to remember." She flipped up her sunglasses from her jacket, setting them on her face as she stared down her opponent.

She'd managed to get e-mails out to Vega and Otis, concerning this second trainer who had beaten them both before facing her. Chloe had given a glance over the information, but found very little of use; the boy's battle style, on paper, appeared quite variable. She'd have to go in pretty much blind, not knowing what combination of Pokemon he'd be utilizing.

"So, Douken, are you ready?"

One of the tree boughs suddenly dropped low, revealing a Victreebel who glared angrily towards his opponent. The gaping maw sounded out a call as the vine 'leg' unwrapped from the tree and planted on the ground, snapping the tree back upright. As soon as it had appeared, one of the rocks in the garden gently rose up into the air through the sweeping sand. The creature, if one could call it that, looked like a big rock in the shape of the sun, with eyes that appeared to be squinting at the opponent. It spun lazily, its sun-beam light spokes gently removing the rest of the sand from its body.

"Victreebel and Solrock will be your opponents." As she took her stance, a long, serpentine form appeared from the trees, half obscured by shadows. With his eyes gleaming through the underbrush, the regal grass snake slowly moved onto the trainer box, coiling slowly around Chloe's legs, watching Douken with apparent interest. His eyes gleamed as he reared his head back haughtily, as if to say: "A worthy challenger"

"At your ready, Douken." She stood, calm, having enjoyed the peaceful serenity of the room for a moment. She wasn't going to hurry into this one. No, she'd carved time out in her schedule, and she was ready. Now to see if this Amazon Boy battled half as hard as he worked.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Oct 28 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

Victreebell and Solrock, eh? This is a bit of a tricky pair, he thought. The Psychic type can be pain, but a good bet things will brighten up fast. This didn't change his original line up any. He planned to use the duo even before seeing who she was starting with. "Maya. Koldo. Take to the front!" Tossing out the two Pokeballs, he released his toxic frog and sea lion, each ready to get into action. The type pairing gave him plenty of cover on attacks, even if it kept him open to others.

He could already feel his blood boil as he started to anticipate moves. It was a good feeling considered the hell Deception threw him and Pan through and meeting a Dusknior who was ready to send them off. Although challenge like this where the goal is a chance to take on the Champion: Oh, it was more like a vacation.

"Now, let's get started! Maya, Aqua Jet! Koldo, Faint Attack!" Taking aim at the Psychic type was the first key to the tactic, being a severe weakness to his frog. With the Dewgong surrounding her body with water, she shot off like a bullet and threw herself at the Solrock. Right behind, Koldo ran in the shadow of the water, watching for a blind spot to open from the water attack before striking there. However, with his impact, his fist would have a chance of pulsing purple, thanks to his ability Poison Touch. That meant any attack he had could have a 20% chance of poisoning the target. The other Poison type was safe from it, but not the sun that floated before them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:25 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.