Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Consolation Bracket: Muphenz vs Shir, Round 2: Main Arena
Kamaitachi
post Aug 5 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The main arena, a gargantuan colliseum overlooking the vast sea, has separated into 8 fields, each with its own set of stands, while the higher seats have a lovely view of all eight battles. Each battle is televised on the giant screens located along the walls, giving spectators the nitty gritty close-up views of each battle.

The battles to come would be fierce, and with so many raging simultaneously, and to be distracted by the neighboring fights could easily spell a loss.

The Match for this field was slated for Branwys Muphenz and Elizabeth Nadira Shir. The field in question resembled a crater, with several chunks of rocks laying strewn in various formations. The footing seemed unstable and crumbly, which easily spelled lowered mobility to most earthbound Pokemon.

The referee, holding the trademark flags, floated nearby on what could only be described as a hovering disc; yet another technological marvel of Daioh Scientists. The ref tapped his fingers on his poketch, which revealed a rotating triangular pyramid on the main screen. Once it stopped rotating, it revealed a large number 2:

"This will be a three on three battle conducted in Doubles-Style, with One Pokemon in Reserve. If one of the combatants falls, the reserve must be sent in immediately. Trainers, summon your pokemon now!"

This battle seemed ready to erupt. The stakes? Continuing participation in the tournament.

The crowd roared in anticipation.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 29 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"- And your next battle will be a three on three battle, fought two on two, with one left in reserve. When one of your battlers fai-"

Branwys smiled, a long-suffering smile. This was the other side of being small enough to be thought of as a child: There were people who assumed and let you know, to them, you are a child. There were those who tok you at your word. Then there were the thoroughly well meaning ones who took you at your word but treated you like a child, anyway. It wasn't that they were stupid. Not always. It was that they were either very used to dealing with children as children. Usually elderly, or, like her sister Zola, teachers. The Joy at the both, with her hair in what Branwys was discovering was the typical style for Nurse Joys outside of her region, must have been both (it was truly hard to tell age in a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny, and only possible to tell location if they were from other regions or Unova.)

"I do understand, Nurse," Branwys said, sheepishly. She was running out of time, as her match was sure to start soon, but felt bad interrupting the Nurse, who, after all, was only doing her job.

The nurse's smile, briefly, went stiff, and her eyes showed that she was unsure, but she then recovered. "Of course you do! My apologies!" She turned to the tray of pokeballs. "Which ones are yours?"

"Ah, lot number two-four-three-six-nine," Branwys started, working from memory from her receipt from the rental station (memory was best when dealing with new inventions), "lot number four-six-seven-seven-eight, the one with the fez sticker on top, and the one with the bone sticker on top." The nurse smiled and handed her the pokeballs. Branwys waved and scampered to the arena.

She settled herself at the podium, setting her three chosen pokeballs in their slots. "All right, gentlemen... and.. ladies if there are any... Let's win one!"

She released her rented gible and abomasnow, both of whom were bristling for combat. And bristle they did, for several minutes, until they looked back at their renter. The Renter was steadily turning bright red, raising her hand like a school girl, a look of confusion and near rage on her face.

"Excuse me, sir? Ooo, ooo! Sir! Where is my opponent?"

There was no answer from the judges. After a while, Branwys leaned against the podium she stood at to direct her pokemon, her hand on her cheek, resting on her elbow, thrumming her fingers against the podium's console.

After what seemed like a month of waiting, Branwys flung her hands up. "That's it! I'm out of here!"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 16 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #3

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Millions of lights burst out all over the stadium. Radiating from every single trainer's belts, purses, pouches, etc, light shot out, blinding everyone for the moment in its brilliance. Any Pokemon out on the field were instantly recalled, disappearing back into their pokeballs in the chaos.

As the light began to fade, a shout pointed everyone's attention skywards, where a hover of helicopters had appeared in the sky. Without warning, several objects began to fall from them, flung from the helicopters.

As they fell closer to the stadium, the sharper eyes began to note the perfectly spherical shape. The sharper ears would hear the bone-chilling monotone cry of:

"ELECTRODE."

Dozens. Hundreds of the Pokemon fell to the stadium. The swiftly reacting trainers threw out their pokeballs, yelling commands...only to realize that the Pokemon they released were not the ones they had summoned. In fact, they weren't even Pokemon they had caught.

The flashes of light had randomized and shuffled everyone's pokemon.

With the confusion at hand, the Electrode began to impact in the various stadiums, exploding on contact, causing widespread panic throughout the arena.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 17 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #4

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

SCRAMBLED! (click to show)

She had been waiting for hours, after just really getting out of the funk having to send Tinka home had put her in, she was still emotionally raw, and the annoyance she had felt at waiting had nearly blown into full on anger. When she had attempted to leave, she had been asked to stay in the arena, as no time limit had been given and perhaps her opponent was still battling, or had decided to look in on the show. So, there she sat, arms and legs crossed, the very picture of vexation.

Dimo stood next to her, bone club on his shoulder like a rifle. Ognian, on the other side, slouched against the wall, pulling at the loose, pants-like skin that constantly seemed to be falling down, idly picking at his teeth with the other hand.

Ognian looked over at Dimo, pointed to Branwys, and raised a brow. Dimo smiled a hidden smile, one that only those who knew him, or other cubone, could see. Branwys was muttering to herself, her leg, crossed over the other, bouncing at a rapid pace.

Dimo chuckled, waving a hand to indicate that, yes, this happened sometimes. Ognian rolled his eyes and resumed leaning.

Branwys, for her part, was trying to keep the head of steam that had built up, if only to stave off the depression she knew was coming. Without the battle, sheonly had time to think about Tinka... It was a mite depressing.

Agatha had offered, in retrospect, to trade another pokemon for her, but Branwys couldn't bear the idea of Tinka no longer being her pokemon, with her or not. After a lengthy set of texts, it seemed, Agatha's musharna, Elysius, had agreed with Branwys.

So Agatha had set up her amateur lab as Branwys' box stop (it wasn't hard, all of the Muphenz family did so) and promised to work with the klink to get her well again. The wound, however, was still raw.

"If something doesn't happen soon, I'm going to explode," she said, through grit teeth.

Which is, of course, when the lights flared and the choppers arrived.

Branwys' first reaction was to stand, in horror, as the lectrode rained down. The second was to turn and command Dimo to bat the closest one into the sky.

Except that Dimo wasn't there. She turned, fast and hard enough to put a crick in her neck, and saw that Ognian was also missing. She panicked, until one of the match proctors yelled that an automatic recall had been initiated.

She sighed in relief, reaching into her bag and pulling Dimo's ball out of it. "Dimo, bat those things back into the sky!" she called, tossing his ball into the air with the familiar light and sound of a pokeball releasing it's inhabitant.

"Lucario!"

Wildly, Branwys' first thought was that Dimo was bilingual. But the tall, blue furred pokemon looked over his shoulder at her. The lucario's eyes widened, and then, just as the electrode hit the grund, she dive, covering Branwys with he own body and taking the brunt of a nearby explosion on her steel and muscled body.

"You're not Dimo," Branwys said, fighting panic. She looked into the bag and saw the other five pokeballs, and, grabbing another, looked at it. No bone sticker, no fez sticker, and the ones with numbers on them were not from the lots she had rented from.

Ice gripped her heart. She had lost Tinka, and now, it seemed, she had lost Dimo and Ognian, too.

With a wild look at the lucario, she sped off to the nurse station, to see if she could get some answers.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:05 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.