Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Gathering at "The Gateway", LA, Kam, Kitty
Huntress Wizard
post Jun 9 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #41

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

"Hm. Tag," Roxxy said. As in the game? You hear something new every day, I guess. She gave a curt nod to his small bow, and followed him into the center. He tossed out that chatting wasn't his strong suit, and she huffed, but didn't offer any reply. That would have pushed her already limited social skills to the brink. Tag went first, scanning his trainer ID and summoning a Chansey. She took the opportunity to yank her goggles off her face so they hung loosely around her neck. The Chansey took away his pokemon, and he stepped aside to allow Roxxy access to the machine.

She stepped up and, kneeling, yanked out Zeta and Mutt's pokeballs, Suitably armed, Roxxy stood back up and looked over the machine. Scanning one's Trainer ID was largely just to make sure no ones pokemon got mixed up, but it still presented problems for trainers who didn't have one. Like a certain black-haired woman standing in the center right now, for instance. She swallowed her pride and hit the "No Trainer ID" button. The machine beeped twice and spat out a temporary one-use card.

The Chansey came and left with her pokemon with no further instance, and with nary a withering glance tossed in her direction. Roxxy flipped the card over in her fingers, bending it slightly. It was just a flimsy sheet of paper, but all the ones she’d received and subsequently thrown away over the years could probably fill a garbage can to the brim. Maybe I ought to save up and just get the damn ID already, Roxxy thought. Not an unfeasible goal, if she laid low for a while and focused on it.

Someone said her name and she jumped, whirling around. Roxxy quickly jammed the card into her back pocket, probably mangling it beyond recognition. Once her heart stopped pounding, she realized it was Marwan, trying to apologize for running off and leaving her in the crowd. She sighed, skating a hand through her hair and noting with disinterest that a shower might be necessary in the near future.

“It’s fine,” she finally said. She kept her eyes trained on the ceiling. “You put up a good fight, too. Didn’t expect Zeta to be knocked out by that...that flower ‘mon you’ve got there.” Dammit, the name had already fled her. Fla-something. She shook her head.

“Doesn’t matter. Anyway, don’t get too worked up over it. I walked over here with Tag," she tossed her head at the trainer, who was sitting and waiting for his pokemon to be healed, "so it's fine."

"Pooch, yen!" Roxxy turned. Mutt was running out from wherever they took pokemon to be healed, with Zeta clinging to his back like a tiny Tauros-fighter. The Nurse jogged out after them, to pass Roxxy her pokeballs, before returning to take care of the next trainer in need of assistance. Roxxy bent down to first scratch Mutt behind his ears, then untangle Zeta from his fur and restore the Zubat to her shoulder.

Her hyper Poochyena did a lap around her ankles then made straight for where Tag was sitting. He yapped and whined, undeterred by the stranger's slightly intimidating appearance, and pawed at Tag's pant leg. He wanted to be pet more, but his trainer appeared to be otherwise occupied with making sure Zeta was okay. So this sitting man would have to do.

"I think the ferry should be coming back now," she said, glancing at her wrist as if a watch would materialize there. Sadly, it remained bare; her internal clock, though, told her that enough time had passed for another ferry to be chugging in any minute now. It looked like Lori was still speaking with her sister, but Marwan and Tag seemed ready to go.

--------------------

~~~~~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 10 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #42

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

“Thank you, Penelope.” Kino nodded to her Gardevoir as she returned with Lori’s four green-capped Pokeballs swirling around one of her spindly outstretched arms. The Psychic-type gave a trill of pleasure in satisfying her trainer and extended her palm forward, directing the path of the levitating orbs towards their owner. Lori grinned and held out her hands.

“Yeah, thanks Penelope - hey!” Lori made a grab for the fourth ball to join the three that she had collected but the device was already snatched into the perfectly manicured cage-like fingers of her sister.

“Remember what we talked about.” Kino warned Lori as the younger’s mouth began to spring open into an even louder retort. The Unova League Champion’s eyes silenced Lori’s almost attempt at further protest and only relaxed in intensity when it was clear her smaller sister backed down. “Good.” Kino sucked her teeth, minimising Apache’s Pokeball and swiftly secreting it away somewhere on her person. Another ball was rapidly produced to replace it. “And here is you latest partner to train with.”

Lori visibly brightened, her feelings of anger and resentment evaporating as the new Pokeball was presented to her. She reached out to take it with eager hands.

*Well, I wasn’t that attached to Apache anyway…* Lori mused with fickle delight as a brand new Pokemon entered her grasp. *And I’m sure he and Kino will get along fine!*

“What is it?” Lori demanded, not taking her eyes of the shiny green-and-white sphere.

“Ah,” Kino smiled and held out a hand for Penelope to take in her own, “I think that should be saved as a surprise for later – Penelope?”

“Voir.”

“Charizard Isle, please.” Kino said without taking her gaze from her sister. “And Lori, a word of advice. Learn from that man.” She nodded beyond Lori towards Tag across the Pokemon Center. “Battles are won with strategy – not just speed and power alone – and his career is a long and varied one.”

“Wha? But how do you know that?” Lori demanded look from her sister to the guy and back again.

“I make it my business to know who else my sister will be rivals with while she competes in the Furoh League.” Kino answered cryptically. Her eyes turned towards Lori with an intent stare. “Find a Fairy-type Pokemon and train it well.”

“A Fair-“

“Just do as I say, Lor.” Kino insisted. “I won’t hold your hand the whole way but I’ll help where I can. Find a Fairy-type Pokemon.”

“But why?” Lori whispered with confusion.

“Because that man isn’t who he seems to be.” Kino’s narrowed eyes turned on Tag with suspicion. “Learn from him what you can and win Badges while you grow stronger – I’ll come and find you when you’ve got two, okay?”

“I guess?”

“Good.” Kino gave Penelope’s hand a squeeze. “Charizard Isle.” She repeated and, with a POP, she instantly vanished.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 15 2014, 12:28 AM
Post #43

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Tag relaxed visibly as the Chansey Nurse handed him back his pokeball belt. Clipping it back around his waist, he sank into the chair for a moment, dropping his formerly intimidating posture.

At that point, a poochyena, Roxxy's it seemed, ran up to him, pawing at his pants leg. A gentle smile crossed the former Dragon Trainer's normally stoic face, and he reached down to put the hyper pup. Even if their personalities weren't at all alike, this Poochyena instantly reminded him of Zuki, the Poochyena whom he had released back in Gigarte. Even though it hadn't been his choice to do so, but rather the demands of a terrifying Legendary Pokemon, he still felt a sharp pang of sadness in his chest. Zuki, his own Pokemon, had simply taken the invitation for freedom and bolted at the opportunity, leaving the stunned Tag behind without a chance to even say goodbye.

It stood to sense. He had hatched Suzu from an egg, and she somehow managed to symbolize his own rebirth. Bachi he had caught back in Johto. Kyoko, Tobi, Tonbo, and Razo he'd rescued. Uchi and Kana had come with him willingly. Orin and Enka he'd caught, but they'd remained quite loyal despite it all. Just Zuki had chosen to abandon life with Tag for a life of running the streets in Gigarte. Had he been caught be another trainer? Was he living a happier life? Was he miserable somewhere in some gutter? He had no idea of knowing, and that uncertainty caused the stab of guilt.

Stopping himself from getting to lost in his sadness, Taggarty Lee contented himself with scratching Roxxy's Poochyena on the ear.

He had all but stopped eavesdropping on Kino and Lori, only to look up to see Kino glaring at him. The formidable woman hissed something under he breath to Lori in what sounded like harsh tones, then disappeared with a pop, just as she had earlier.

"Well...it seems we're all ready to go." He looked at the kid who had yet to even approach him, but figured with through his conversation with Roxxy that he was now just part of this new motley crew that had assembled. "I'm sure another ferry should be coming along soon, and I'd rather not miss this one too."

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jun 15 2014, 06:15 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 217 810

Cool Bros

As Marwan wrapped up his short conversation with Roxxy he looked over to the trainer she had entered with, the trainer with the strong Pokemon from earlier. Marwan felt a little intimidated by the stoic trainer but lightened up a bit as he started to play along with Mutt. It was sorta strange to see the tattooed man smile and scratch the puppy’s ears. Everyone started to agree that it was about time to head for the ferries and Marwan figured they were correct, while he didn't have a physical clock to check his internal clock was in agreeing. Which was fairly trustworthy. At least by Marwans standards. Maybe not too many others. Marwan figured he should introduce himself to the trainer at some point as it seemed as if he would be traveling with the small group that seemed to have come together.

Marwan stumbled his way over to the trainer and tried to string together a coherent introduction. “Hey...I saw some of your battle and wanted to say your Pokemon look super strong and I'm happy I didn't choose to battle you.”

”Nailed it.

“I-i'm Marwan and I guess we are head the same way today so I figured I’d introduce myself.”

Marwan could tell he was taller than the man, not by a large margin but could probably still see over his head when he was standing. Other than that though the two seemed to be somewhat similar in complexion, tan, dark hair, his eyes were bright blue though and only added to the intimidation factor of his fearsome face.

”Maybe he is a heavy outdoors man too? Maybe we'll get along.

Though Marwan assumed his tan had to be from being outside as he didn't seem to come from a family with naturally dark complexions like Marwan was. Before Marwan noticed he had zoned out long enough for everyone to start to get ready to leave and shuffled to get ready himself.

This post has been edited by A Kitty Cat: Jun 15 2014, 06:16 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 16 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Kino disappeared after trading one of Lori’s pokeballs for another and hissing something about Tag to the younger girl. Lori was left standing there with a somewhat dazed expression on her face. Roxxy frowned, but only briefly; she would have liked to talk to that Kino some more, or indeed at all. Had she had a working cellphone, maybe she could’ve asked for her number. Ah, well; she had larger matters to attend to, namely that Zeta hadn’t given a peep since riding out on Mutt, not even for echolocation. Roxxy stroked a few fingers down the Zubat’s head and back, and Zeta huddled closer but was still silent.

Roxxy hummed, continuing her petting. From the moment her Zubat had hatched, not long before – before that incident happened that forced Roxxy out of Hoenn, Zeta was small. Smaller than average for Zubats, as far as she could tell, and even a little smaller than Roxxy remembered Epsilon being at this age. Zeta was timid too, scared of her own wings, and Roxxy did not know how to help her realize her potential. Finally, Zeta let out a tiny squeak and resumed her echolocations, albeit softened to an extraordinary degree.

“You can’t let this get to you,” Roxxy muttered. She shook her head and dropped her hand, sticking both hands back into her pockets. Marwan, once he realized she wasn’t going to say anything else to him, had wandered off to introduce himself to Tag. Tag, who was currently scratching Mutt behind his ears with a strange expression. Somewhere halfway between gentleness and sorrow. Wonder what happened, she thought, then called to her wayward Poochyena.

“Mutt! C’mon, we’re going.” Mutt was in no hurry to leave the nice scratchies given by this intimidating man, and so didn’t move an inch. But when she repeated the command, he obeyed, pulling himself out of Tag’s grasp and trotting mournfully back to Roxxy, where he threw himself down at her feet with a howl. And a yelp, as howling set off the pouches in his mouth and lightly shocked him. He whined, covering his snout with his front paws.

“Such drama,” Roxxy laughed. She bent down to scoop him up behind his front legs, and he quickly forgot his temper tantrum. With the wriggling Poochyena in her hand and the Zubat on her shoulder, she headed out the door, following the others’ example. Roxxy hung at the back of the group, content to mull over Tag’s newly revealed history and try and work out what was fact and what was fiction.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 18 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

*Learn what I can. Catch a Fairy-type. Get two Gym Badges.* Lori listed to herself while she fussed over getting her things together. She paused momentarily, rolling her newest Pokeball in her hand. *Wait, Fairy-type? What’s a Fairy-type?*

With all of her gear and Pokemon back in one piece, there was only one more thing left for Lori to do in Port Barley; meaning she’d have to stick with the few Trainers who had also expressed their desire to take the next ferry to Fidona. Of the three, only the man who had defeated her in the Pokemon battle earlier had actually given up his name to her and even then she wasn’t sure if she remembered it properly.

*Weird name, too.* Lori inwardly shrugged, falling into step with her taller contemporary while he led the way back to the dock. *Taggy Bee, indeed!*

The other two were still complete strangers to her really and it felt a little awkward to be asking for their names now. Maybe she could just pick them up in conversation discretely?

Lori walked in awkward silence alongside the giants of the group, feeling particularly out of place when forced to spend more than the minimum time with someone who had creamed her in a battle. Normally she would just make her excuses and get away from them before embarrassment took over but her she would have to accept not only the rest of the afternoon but an entire ferry ride to the nearby island of Fidona.
Tall, broad and formidably tattooed across the face, Lori didn’t feel 100% comfortable around Taggy Bee so it wasn’t any surprise that her normal level of conversation was lacking in his presence. That said, the girl following behind was also not the regular type of company that she’d keep with her alternative style and aggressive demeanour. The lanky kid, however, was more of a viable target for conversation with his quietly brooding appearance so Lori took her opportunity there:

“So,” she addressed Marwan with a big smile as they walked, her short pop dress flouncing and bouncing on her thighs, “I guess you had a battle and lost like me, huh? Don’t worry about it though – I lose a lot but that doesn’t mean we’re not getting stronger! We got to the top sixteen of the Petropolis Grand Invitational, dontcha know?!” She did a little skip of excitement and punched the air. “And now Lori Pardare, that’s me, is going to definitely get the Taminagi Badge from the Fidona gym!” She looked up at Marwan with fire in her eyes. “What are you going to Fidona for?”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 19 2014, 03:01 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The aforementioned nameless kid approached him and introduced himself. Tag, not sure how to respond to such an introduction, stared blankly at Marwan for a moment.

"Thank you? Please feel free to challenge me any time."

That seemed like an appropriate-ish response.

"Marwan." Tag tested the name, rolling it around in his mouth "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Tag."

He reached out to shake Marwan's hand, which was a perfectly acceptable way for me to make each other's acquaintances. He wasn't big on bro-hugs, bro-taps, general hugs, or general taps otherwise, so a handshake seemed like the way to go.

At that, however, the Poochyena loving up on him broke off at Roxxy's command, returning to his trainer's side while Tag gave a tiny goodbye wave.

Rising, he and the group moved from the Pokemon Center, headed towards the ferry. Tag walked at the forefront of the group, slowing his long strides down so that everyone in the group could keep pace. It was odd, he noted, that the group had formed so organically. No one had mentioned anything about forming a group...no one had mentioned anything about banding together and forming a war party, yet here they were, walking towards the ferry. Perhaps having the company was nice, but he still wasn't quite sure what to make of how easily the group had coalesced.

He listened as Lori spoke to Marwan (with Roxxy floating at the rear of the group), and smiled when he heard that Lori had made it into the top sixteen at the Grand Invitational. Of course, he had too, but he chose not to chip in.

As the approached the ferries, they found their path onto the docks blocked by an equally small group of men wearing dark suits and sunglasses.

"That's him." One raised a hand, pointed directly at Tag.

Unflinching, the tattooed man's hand dropped to his Pokeball belt, watching the four slowly do the same.

"Mr. Lee. You're to come with us. No questions asked." one stated, full of the confidence and swagger of someone who had a powerful boss, yet possibly lacked true merit of his own.

Tag smiled.

"No questions. Just give my regards to Omar." He turned, looking at the trio of youngsters behind him. Hopefully, they would go straight to the ferry and just leave without him. He had no desire to drag them into this mess. Since the anonymity of the group in front of him wasn't compromised, Tag figured that they would at least let the kids go. "You guys head on over to the ferry. I've got some business to attend to; I'll join you shortly."

"Fat chance." The 'leader' of the group stepped forward, throwing his pokeball. A Charizard now blocked the path for Tag, leaving only an opening to the docks where the other three suited-goons were. They all brandished their own pokeballs, eying each other member of the travelling group menacingly. It looked as if they weren't going to let the others pass by without a scrap. A frown appeared on Tag's face, irritated that they had forced those in his group to participate in his battle.

Though, it seemed off. Tag wasn't sure why he wanted to protect the other three from the immediate scuffle. That felt awful...father-y of him. They were old enough to be trainers, they were old enough to fight their own way.

"On second thought, let'em have it!" Turning to his travelling companions and allowing himself a somewhat wicked looking smile.

"Enka!"

As his Flaafy took the field, the man in the suit reached into his breast pocket, revealing a similar gem to the one Omar had. Upon closer inspection, the Charizard had a matching gem attached to a chain and metal plates around her neck. As Enka materialized on the field, he watched the enemy hold the gem up towards his Charizard.

Tag heard the familiar jolt. He'd heard it all too many times in his career as a trainer, and with the recent experiences with an Aggron that evolved and a Houndoom that had evolved, he already knew what was coming.

"Enka, Thunderbolt!"

He wasn't going to give it a chance to evolve before he struck.

Yet, instead of attacking, Enka merely threw back her head, evidently crying out a loud shout to the heavens that reverberated around the docks. Within moments, ominous, dark clouds had swirled up and into existence, and a brilliant bolt of lightning fell from the sky, striking Enka dead on. The blinding flash stopped both trainers in their tracks, forcing them to shield their eyes or risk being blinded.

When they peered back at the field, there was a terrifying looking Black Charizard on the field, with wicked serrated wings, and spikes on her shoulders. Intense blue fire poured out from her mouth, matching the blaze on her tail.

At the same time, Tag looked at Enka, in front of him, who had copied the evolution and willed herself into her final form, Ampharos.

"Tiamat! Dragon Claw!"

"Enka! Thunderbolt!"

As the terrifying new Charizard came screeching towards Enka, Tag expected the bolt of lighting to burst out, knocking the part flying type Charizard back with electricity. Enka, instead, opened her mouth wide, firing out a move that Tag knew only too well. The multicoloured beam of light struck the thundering Fire Lizard backwards, toppling the terrifying creature for a moment.

Tag stood frozen, wondering just where Enka had learned that attack from. But, she wasn't a dragon; he hadn't violated any of his own rules.

"Enka!" he called out to her, and she turned her neck, looking over to smile at him with her usual cheery demeanor.

"Amph!"

"Dragon Pulse!"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jun 20 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cool Bros

Marwan trudged along side the group in silence, though that seemed to define the group as a whole. Marwan started to zone out a bit as the group of trainers he had found his way into slowly worked their way through the crowds towards the ferries. He was pulled out of his stupor when he was suddenly engaged by the little redheaded Lori.

She started out her sentence with a quick “So” and continued on to tell Marwan about how she had lost her battle too, about how her team was growing stronger, and about how she was planning to beat the gym leader that was on Fidonia. Marwan had no idea who, where, or even what type the gym leader was or even that there was a gym leader on the island. The only thing he really understood was that Lori claimed to have gotten into the top sixteen of the Petropolis Grand Invitational, even Marwan had heard about the invitational.

“That's pretty impressive.” Marwan took a couple of seconds to figure out what to say next. “I...Don't really know anything about the island or even this region to be honest. I've just head things while I was traveling and decided to go somewhere new.” Marwan rubbed the back of his head with a little embarrassment. “I don't even really know why I'm going to Fidonia, I don't really care about battling the gym leaders here. I've been from Snowpoint City to Dewford town. Nimbassa City to Lumiose City. I've been all over but the stories I’ve heard about Furoh were so interesting that I couldn't resist coming to try and experience some of them myself.”

Marwan would have continued on talking aimlessly about traveling if it wasn't for the fact that the group had seemed to reach their destination. At least Marwan thought they did though there seemed to be something off about the dock area. A group of men in sunglasses and dark suits were blocking the way to the ferries and seemed to jump the moment they saw Tag though it wasn't out of intimidation like Marwan would of thought as one instantly pointed directly at him and yelled “That's him.”

Marwan figured these guys were pretty strong and the moment the first one threw out a charizard Marwan's suspicions were realized as fact, at least to Marwan. He knew he shouldn't get involved with the encounter, after all the men seemed to be only interested in Tag and not anyone else in the group but before he could even react the other men seemed to start moving towards Lori, Roxxy, and himself.

“I don't think we're going to be able to walk away from this...” Marwan murmured out loud to the group, not even sure if anyone was listening to him. One of the men stood a short ways away from Marwan and looked him directly in the eye and instantly pulled out a poke ball. Almost like clockwork the fight between Tag and the first man kicked off in a massive way, one of his Pokemon evolved right on the battlefield instantly started its attack on the enemy charizard.

“Do we really have to fight...?” Marwan asked to the suited man who was approaching him. Without a word the man pulled out his poke ball and readied himself to fight. Marwan hesitated for a second before reaching for his own Pokemon, grasping the first one he could and tossing it onto the field.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 20 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

It took Roxxy a moment to come out of her self-induced meditation (that is to say, she zoned out big-time) and notice the group had stopped dead. As such, she nearly crashed into Lori. Roxxy growled, taking a quick step back, and was about to yell at the redhead when she noticed exactly why they'd stopped. It looked like some friends of Tag's were here to meet them. Big guys, in dark suits. She snickered involuntarily when she remembered the Team Flare goons from Kalos in their safety-cone-orange suits, trying to act tough.

Her giggles abruptly disappeared when one of the grunts blocked their way with a massive, hulking Charizard. Roxxy's mouth went dry, and she swallowed, hard, taking another step back. Steady on, she told herself, balling her hands into fists so they wouldn't shake. This isn't his Buddy you're facing; this is a completely unrelated Charizard. Buddy’s back in Hoenn, probably. That calmed her down a little, but her anxiety immediately went right back through the roof when Tag's Flaafy summoned storm clouds after a very brief six-word pep talk from him.

Now, all her inhibitions dropped, Roxxy pressed her palms to her ears and squeezed her eyes shut against the brilliant lightning and terrifying thunder. It was only one strike, luckily enough, and the clouds cleared as quickly as they had come; her fear, not so much. Her breathing was fast and shallow, her heart a stampede in her chest, and it took all her willpower not to drop to her knees or run in the opposite direction. At least now it was easier to tell the grunt's Charizard was definitely not Buddy.

Somehow it had turned from an orange-and-tan dragon to a black-and-blue monster. How was that even possible? Charizard was a final evolution, there was nothing beyond it as far as Roxxy knew, and she knew a lot about Charizard. And yet, here was an evolved specimen currently fighting with Tag's newly evolved Ampharaos, who sent it flying backwards with a well-aimed Dragon Pulse. A steady stream of four-letter words unmentionable with company around passed through Roxxy's head like ticker tape. She managed to edge to her right enough to see around the battle and spot three more goons waiting for them.

"Lori," she snapped, going straight to strategy mode, "you take the guy on the left. Marwan, the right. I'll deal with the middle." Marwan had moved before she talked, but he had gone for the one she'd assigned him to, by some miracle. Roxxy stepped forward, swinging her pack to her front so she could grab Zeta and Mutt's pokeballs from inside. As soon as they'd left the center, once Mutt started wriggling too much for her to carry him, she'd put both of her partners back into their pokeballs and those back into her satchel. The middle grunt snorted, also stepping forward, and tossed his pokeball to the ground. From it burst a very runty-looking Farfetch'd, its leek wilted and browning at the edges. She eyed it, then the man.

"What, your Pidgeot finally wise up and fly off, Jared?" she spat.

The man looked surprised that she'd recognized him, but she pushed on, "Oh come on, you don't think I'd forget that piece of work, did ya?" She made a slashing motion with her thumb under her left cheekbone, mirroring the nasty scar Epsilon had left on him last time she'd met this son-of-a-gun. Nervous, angry energy surged behind her ribcage and up her throat as she kept speaking: "I think it was back in Kanto, yeah? You were working for Team Rocket. Trying to clone Mew or whatever. And now look at you, ambushing teenagers on the docks for Acreus-knows-who. Oh how the mighty have fallen. If I had Epsilon, I would so beat you to a pulp, but lucky for you, you get to meet his daughter instead. Plus a little something-something I picked up on the docks on the way here."

Roxxy threw down both her pokeballs at once. From the left one, Mutt materialized, all waggling tail and floppy ears. From the right one, Zeta appeared and immediately turned and flew to hide on her shoulder. Jared laughed, and Roxxy's ears went red. She held up a hand to Zeta, signaling it was all right if she stayed there for now. "Mutt, you're up then," she said, struggling immensely to keep her voice level. "Howl, and make it quick."

"Fury Cutter, Farfetch'd!" said Jared. Mutt raised his snout to the sky and let loose a Howl for the second time that day. This, however, left him open to the bird pokemon's slash with a green-tinted stalk. He yipped, stumbling away, but recovered quickly enough. She bit her lip; if the dumb bird knew a Bug-type move, that could make things more difficult. Especially if Zeta continued to cower like this, which Roxxy didn't blame her for of course. Maybe Mutt could paralyze it, stop it from attacking consecutively and increasing the power of the move. It was worth a shot; even now the Farfetch'd was warming up another Fury Cutter.

"Thunder Fang on the Farfetch'd's wings, Mutt!"

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 21 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Lori pondered Marwan’s reason for being in Furoh and wondered what sories he had heard of to bring him to the region. She certainly hadn’t been told anything of interest but then again she was neither a history buff or a geography enthusiast – maybe he was more of a geek than he looked? Even though his reasons for being around didn’t match Lori, she didn’t hold it against him – everyone had different goals in life after all – but did spend a second more wondering why he had chosen to follow the small group of Pokemon Trainers to Fidona. She shrugged it off quickly.

*Doesn’t matter! He’s a nice enough guy and now Joey’s off becoming a top Co-Ordinator it’s not like I’ve got a massive list of friends in the Furoh region.* That thought made her think about her recent acquaintance Cesc Rojas and his wonderfully bright smile… *Dammit, Lor!*

“That’s him!” Lori’s gaze flickered quickly to the group of darkly dressed people at the head of the dockfront, aiming their attention towards Taggy Bee. A brief exchange between them confirmed for Lori the dastardly nature of their presence (clearly they were in the mob and Tag owed them money) which made her feel more than a little uncomfortable. What if they extended their vendetta towards her?!
Things escalated quickly – the lead mobster unleashing a Charizard upon Tag which underwent the ultimate transformation to Mega Charizard X (not that Lori knew that, of course). Unlike her proud sister, Lori was not above calling for the police when she was in trouble and her Poketch was in her hand quickly.

*Crap, how do I make a call on this thing?!*

“Lori!” Roxxy’s brazen snap snatched at her attention. “You take the guy on the left.”

“What?” Lori fumbled the Poketch, dropping it her feet were it clacked on the paved promenade between her shoes. Roxxy’s indicated opponent for Lori to battle with edged away from his cohorts to make space for their battle, almost responding to Roxxy’s command himself. Lori gulped. A Pokemon battle with a mobster? That sounded… DANGEROUS!

“You ‘eard ‘er!” The shady guy opposing her snarled, his fist clutching a Pokeball in preparation. “C’mon!”

“Er…” Lori reached back to her waist, fingertips brushing the four Pokeballs positioned there. He hadn’t sent out a Pokemon yet so it didn’t really matter which of her partners she chose because there would be no way to know if she had an advantage or not until he released his own. Then again, Triss was the most powerful Pokemon she had and Pipster worked with her as best he could. Then there was speedy Chico the Minccino in reserve along with the unknown Pokemon she had just been given.

“Well!?” The thug shouted at her, his temper obviously running high with the battles breaking out around them. “Quit stalling! What’s yer big battle plan?!”

*I can’t send a Pokemon I don’t know anything about and Pipster and Triss desrve a rest after their last battle…*

“I choose you, Chico!” Lori turned free the green-capped ball that contained her little grey Chinchilla who struck a very masculine pose upon his exit, beady eyes scanning the area for pretty girls in an instant. The thug smirked.

“Do it, Vigoroth!”

Lori eyed the tall white monkey thing carefully when it made its appearance, trying to judge what sort of Pokemon it could be. Although larger and more intimidating than Chico, Lori doubted it could move as quick as her partner and probably wasn’t as smart, either. She nodded to her little rodent, confirming that he would be staying in for the match and selected her first move.

*Apply a status, just like Tag did before!*

“Ok, Chico!” Lori pumped the air with a fist enthusiastically. “Use Sing!”

The Chinchilla Pokemon calpped his hands together as though praying and tilted his head upwards, emitting a soothing melody of chirps and trills that manifested into glittering musical notes that danced towards their foe. Pink, blue and green icons of music popped on the Vigoroth’s head and Lori clicked her fingers with delight.

“Haha! Try to battle when your Pokemon is asl- hey!”

Lori’s gloat was extremely premature – the Vigoroth stayed standing and, if anything, grew even more menacing without making a move. Its trainer laughed back at Lori spitefully.

“Stupid kid. Don’t you know Vigoroth’s special ability is Vital Spirit?”

“It… it is?” Lori whispered, a swathe of hair somehow finding its way into her hands while fear and worry find their own way into her bones.

“Now, Vigoroth!” The thug chuckled. “Get it with Fury Swipes!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jun 26 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cool Bros

The man in black that had stepped forward to challenge Marwan tossed his pokeball in front of him and let loose his surprisingly young looking Rattata. The tiny purple mouse pokemon stood firm as it readied itself to fight.

“My Rattata may be new but he'll bury your pokemon in the ground!” shouted the thug. Marwan tried not to frown as he realized he was being forced to fight what was essentially a baby pokemon. Marwan pulled out a ball at random from his pouch and released the pokemon inside. To Marwans surprise he had released his Flabebe.

”Maybe this will be a little more even...”

The small fairy type was floating softly in the wind and trying to hide what it could behind the small flower it clung to. The demeanor between the two pokemon on the field could not have contrasted any differently, the overly aggressive mouse and the shy fairy.

“Rattata use tackle!”

Without even a word from Marwan Flabebe glided upwards on the wind and easily avoided the attack from the Rattata as it slid to a stop underneath.

“Flabebe, respond.” Marwan called out, he knew Flabebe only had few move and Marwan didn't have the heart to try and be aggressive in this fight.

Flabebe stopped its “leaf on the wind” style movements and instantly dropped like a stone. While the rattata tried to dodge out of the way it took the majority of the tackle straight to its hind quarters. The rat was clearly dazed and severely injured by the attack but was more than able to continue the fight.

“C'mon don't make this pokemon suffer anymore. This is wrong!” Pleaded Marwan to the thug but it only managed to strengthen the anger that fueled this fight. Round after round of tackles came from the Rattata and round after round found Flabebe fairly easily floating around her opponent, occasionally she'd move a little to late and receive a bump here or a scratch there but nothing major. Marwan knew that both pokemon would be worn down fairly quickly if this fight continued and didn't want to put the strain on his own pokemon, Marwan knew that the only way to keep his Flabebe safe was to end this fight now.

“Flabebe, lets wrap this up.”

Flabebe quickly closed the gap between her and Rattata, the tired rat was lacking the energy to try and move before two vines flung from Flabebe and made short work of the Rattata. Before one could blink the Rattata was down for the count.

“Damn it.” Cried the man in black, “Get back here!”

Marwan figured that was the end but was surprised as the thug pulled out another pokeball.

“This time is for real!” he cried out as he let loose what Marwan assumed was his strongest pokemon. The flutter of wings from the orange-red body surprised Marwan as the Ledian. After the pitiful performance that was forcing a baby pokemon to try and fight an actual healthy looking pokemon was the last thing that Marwan expected to see.

“Your little Flabebe is no match for Marley!” the thug yelled out.

”Marley? what is he talking about?” and then it hit Marwan like a pile of bricks. This was the thugs personal pokemon. He went from a baby pokemon to one that he clearly had a connection with. Now Marwan felt like a bully try to beat up this mans favorite pokemon.

”It would be like someone beating up Growlith. I can't do that to him under these circumstances. I just can't.”

“We don't need to do this. Don't make your friend fight.” Marwan tried to plead with the thug to end the fight.

“Shut up! Get that stupid flower Marley!”

The Ledian took off straight at Flabebe, its fist glowing a light blue as it charged in. Flabebe had no time to try and react as the Ledian unleashed all its pent up energy out of its fist and straight into the body of the tiny fairy pokemon. Flabebe skidded across the ground to the foot of its trainer.

In that instant, as Marwan watched his baby come crashing down at his feet he lost all regrets about finishing the fight. Anyone who could use such an overpowered attack on such an innocent and weak pokemon clearly couldn't be reasoned with.

“Natu, you know what you need to do.”

Marwan released the small bird as he pulled Flabebe into his arms. The psychic pokemon knew what was going on, it made the rare movement of taking a look at its trainer before focusing in on the Ledian like it normally would. Natu was ready to fight.

This post has been edited by A Kitty Cat: Jul 1 2014, 03:47 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 29 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

SLASH SLASH SLASH

“Ciiiinoooo!” Chico wailed as he sailed through the air, bearing the red-hot scores of razor-sharp claws on his foeheads and paws which he had raised in an attempt to defend himself. With a skittering roll, the little bundle of fur tumbled end over end before coming to a skidding stop aat his master’s feet.

“Oh no, Chico!” Lori fussed, wringing out her hair worriedly. “Are you alright?!”

“Miiin… cino” Chico groaned, pushing himself back onto his hind paws with a wobble.

“Ha! Like that rat could do anything against my Vigoroth!” The dark-clad goon laughed at Lori, his Pokemon chuckling in perfect imitation. “Just back down, kid.”

*Oh, God! What do I do!? This guy’s probably some sort of crazy cut-your-fingers-off-because-you-crossed-me types!* Lori’s eyes fell upon her dropped Poketch. *Call the police!*

“Min!” Chico startled Lori back to her senses, his tail swishing to and fro expectantly. Lori’s dumbstruck face slowly gained a confident smile.

*If Chico’s not giving up then neither am I! That’s our ‘way of the Trainer’, right Chico?*

“Back down?!” Lori grinned, releasing her scarlet hair from her white-knuckled clutches. “Maybe you should back off!” She shared a look with her chinchilla who nodded determinedly. In unison, both turned to their opponents and raised both hands/paws in front of their chests, crossing their fingers in the classic ninja sign depicted in Lori’s favourite TV show.

“Kage bunshin no jutsu!” Lori cried, her Minccino sxploding into a stream of perfect grey-furred copies that scattered in different directions to encircle the opponent Vigoroth. “Great, now Pound it!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 29 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Mutt lunged, catching the Fury Cutter on his side as he bit down on the wing closest to him. He growled at the pain of being hit with the super-effective move, but did not let go until every last scrap of electricity was pumped into his opponent's flesh and feathers. He finally dislodged his teeth and leapt away, kicking the bird for good measure before pawing at his mouth. Every time he tried to use his new move, the electricity always managed to get loose and hurt him, too.

Roxxy balled her hands into fists. She had named her Poochyena Mutt for his apparently hardy nature - after all, she did find him looking somewhat healthy while living off scraps on a busy port - but if he took another direct hit from the Farfetch'd's leek, it would probably be over for him. And Zeta still didn't seem up for duty. At the thought of her Zubat, Roxxy softened slightly, sparing a moment to scratch Zeta's head fondly.

But where she should have been, Roxxy only encountered her own shoulder and a few stray locks of hair. Her heart jumped from her chest to her throat before making a nosedive right into her stomach. Where was Zeta? She cast a glance to her right to confirm that no, Zeta was not hanging onto her shirt and hiding behind her back. Nor was she on her head; there would have been a familiar tugging at her hair had that been the case. When she turned her attention back to the front, intent on ceasing the battle to have Mutt track Zeta down, she realized where her Zubat had gone.

Zeta had flown straight into the battle to intercept the Farfetch'd's attack.

Mutt jumped back with a yelp to allow Zeta room to fly in and actually snarl at the Farfetch'd. The Fury Cutter bounced off her rapidly beating wings, barely leaving a scratch. Jared shouted something at the Farfetch'd, probably a command, but Roxxy couldn't hear him over the blood rushing through her ears. Maybe she had underestimated Zeta's ability to bounce back.

The Zubat opened her mouth wider, fangs extended in a threat display. Her Poochyena backed up a few steps, then threw himself to the ground and covered his ears with his paws. The Farfetch'd staggered backwards, and even Jared winced and rubbed at one ear. Roxxy, as always, heard nothing of Zeta's Supersonic.

"Farr!" The Farfetch'd cried, lashing out with its leek. But the bird overestimated the force behind its swing, and managed to smack itself in the beak with its leek.

"Enough, Zeta! Switch to Gust!" That was one of her moves, right? Roxxy hadn't thought to get her pokedex out; she was too caught up in the anticipation of the battle. The possibility of adding another scar to that smug dick Jared's face had driven all other thoughts from her mind. Zeta obeyed, flapping her wings as hard as she could to gather the air and debris around her into a swirling tornado.

This time, she would not miss.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 30 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

As the battles broke out around him, Tag kept focus on the terrifying black charizard in front of him. Yet, moreso than the way the Charizard appeared, Tag felt something quite unsettling about Enka's new attack: Dragon Pulse. Seeing his Pokemon use the Dragon-type attack brought back a swarm of memories, but to his knowledge, Enka was purely an electric type.

Yet, the Dragon Pulse seemed devastatingly effective on the Black Charizard. Something seemed wrong. Either Enka was absurdly powerful, or something was wrong with the Dragon Pulse attack. To his knowledge, Charizard was Fire and Flying. With Enka's Electric Type, it didn't make sense as to why it was so powerful. Either that meant that Charizard was a Dragon Type and was taking extra damage...or Enka was a Dragon-Type and had STAB.

Given the situation, and the unknown Charizard breed in front of him, the former made more sense.

"Tiamat! Dragon Claw!"

Not leaving much to strategy and focusing on brute force, the enemy trainer (most likely Team Deception, Team Deception contractor) focused on brute force. It made sense; Enka, even newly evolved, was not a Pokemon focused on defense. Yet, Tag had those options, and he needed a way to buy time. Two back to back Dragon Pulses seemed to have worn out the electric sheep-beast.

"Enka, Cotton Guard!"

With surprising speed, Enka's cotton fluffed up from her body, forming a soft shield. The brutal looking Dragon Claw immediately ripped through the soft shield, tossing Enka back like a rag-doll. However, she popped back up, shaking herself off as if to remove the dizziness she'd gotten from the hit.

"Tiamat! Again!"

"Thunder Wave!"

As the mighty lizard flapped its wings to shoot forward once more, claws glowing wickedly in the light, Enka unleashed what appeared to be a net of electricity, thinly drawn but covering a wide range. As the Charizard flew headlong into the net, Tag watched as the wings tensed up, ceasing their powerful flaps, causing the draconian fire-lizard to crash to the ground.

"Thunder!"

Not waiting for the enemy trainer to call out another attack, Tag immediately ordered what was potentially Enka's most powerful attack in that situation, save perhaps another Dragon Pulse. Enka working with Thunder was more suitable to her current stamina, he was sure.

With the residual storm-clouds still floating around from Enka's evolution, Enka roared skywards once more, causing them to quickly recoalesce. With their clash, a massive bolt of thunder dropped down hitting the downed Charizard.

Tag frowned, shielding his eyes for a moment as the brilliant flash of lightning covered the field. Though, as it cleared, and his sight adjusted, he watched the Black, winged Lizard rise back up, looking angrier than ever.

Definitely a dragon type. Any Charizard would've been taken out by now. Tag frowned. Fire/Dragon type. He'd never encountered that before. He began looking through the other pokemon on his team, realizing that Suzu, Kyoko, and Frosslass would all be weak to this Charizard, Slowbro would only do neutral damage...and Mienfoo's defenses were terrible. Enka was really his only hope for this beast right now, and her super-effective attack was...not effective.

Do I risk another Dragon Pulse, and leave Enka vulnerable to the next attack, or do I try to hit with Power Gem...

"Tiamat. FLARE BLITZ"

Balls.

"Enka! Dragon Pulse!"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 5 2014, 08:34 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

As one, a stream of Chico-clones descended upon the Vigoroth with shining white tails, all swinging forwards with a cry of rage. The Vigoroth, seemingly unperturbed by the incoming offense, braced itself for the impact by crossing its arms over its chest but showed no expression of fear or worry for its own safety as Lori’s Pokemon approached. Its Trainer, too, did not seem to show any indication that he was in the least bit worried about the welfare of his battle partner.

*Huh?! What’s wrong?!* Lori bit her lip, her eyes flicking from the opponent, to his Pokemon, to Chico and back again. *Why isn’t it dodging?!*

“Vigoroth, give it the Fury Swipes!”

*Oh, no!*

Chico’s copies reached their target, all swinging their furry weapons in a mighty arc only to meet the frantically slashing claws of the Vigoroth. PAF PAF PAF PAF! The clones popped with a puff of smoke with each clean hit, leaving only the real Chico to attack on his own.

“Ciiiinoooo!” Chico screamed, deep red lines scored across his chest and sides where the Vigoroth’s claws left their sinister mark. Lori opponent grinned wickedly.

“Go on, Vigoroth,” he taunted, licking his teeth with anticipation, “cut it up again – Fury Swipes!”

“Chico, counterattack with Tail Slap!” Lori urged, her little Chinchilla struggling to rise on shaking legs. “You can do it!”

With a spring, Chico rose to meet his opponent. Shining claws met shining tail in a rapid explosion of one, two, three, four hits. And then, cruelly, Chico’s energy faded but the Vigoroth’s wasn’t done – one more slash was granted to the sloth Pokemon, launching Chico high into the air with a clawed uppercut that made Lori gasp with the impact of its ferocity.

“Chico!”

“Looks like your rat is beat, kid.” The black-clad goon snorted at Lori, a twist on his lips openly displaying the disdain he felt for the teen facing him. Lori felt sick to her stomach – this guy was clearly not the sort of person who would stop and show mercy simply because a Pokemon was hurt or its Trainer was out of their depth. This guy was…

*A criminal…*

“Y-you…” Lori tried to retort weakly, her concern for Chico and fear of the man facing her rattling her cage more than she would ever have thought was possible. “Y-you just back off… I mean it!”

“Ha! That all ya got?!” He laughed, the twist to his mouth turning to an outright sneer. “Do it, Vigoroth!”

“No!” Lori gasped, her heart going out to the tiny grey rodent struggling to even get back to his knees before the impending clawed creature. “Chico!”

”But that’s cheating, isn’t it?” Lori’s 8-year-old eyes turned down into a frown as her big sister replayed the training video on the TV. Two Pokemon froze in suspended animation as Kino hit the pause button to face her smaller sibling.

“Cheating?” Kino raised an eyebrow. “Hardly. Thing are changing out there, Lori – Pokemon battles are won with more than just hard work nowadays.”

“But healing in a battle with items? Surely whoever has more money will just win every time.” Lori complained.

“That may be true,” Kino nodded sagely, “but that why use of bag items is restricted in official matches. When it comes to items that a Pokemon can hold in battle, however, anything goes.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“Now, Chico!” Lori cried, clapping her hands together franctically. “You can use it now!”

“Chi?” The Minccino wobbled to his hind paws, shakily staggering from side to side as the vigoroth rushed to meet him. From a spot buried within the fur of his tail, Chico drew forth a small yellow fruit and shoved it into his mouth. The Vigoroth did not slow its approach, claws glimmering again in preparation for another Fury Swipes.

“Dodge it!” Lori cried, her eyes on the hand seals that her Chinchilla flicked through at top speed.

Ram – Boar – Ox – Dog – Snake.

“That’s it!” Recognition of the seals sparked in Lori’s head. She clasp both hands together in the palm-to-palm seal that Chico finished on and screamed: “Kawarimi no jutsu!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jul 7 2014, 06:48 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

True to her word, Zeta's Gust was on target. The cyclone flew straight at the Farfetch'd, buffeting it with debris and sending it flying backwards into one of the pillars used to keep ships from drifting off. It fell onto the concrete, face down, the leek tumbling from its grasp. It pushed itself onto its wings for a moment before collapsing for good. Zeta crowed in delight, turning back to her trainer. Jared growled something obscene at the fainted bird as he recalled it back into its pokeball.

Roxxy's attention, however, was not on the now-finished battle. The moment that Tag had called out Thunder to his Ampharaos, she had tensed up. The storm clouds reformed, and she squeezed her eyes shut when the lighting struck. A small, barely-noticeable whimper escaped her at the loud boom following the move. Her hands pressed so hard against her ears that it hurt, but nothing kept the noise out. She bit down harder on her lip and tasted metal and salt.

On the precipice of a complete breakdown, a soft nibbling at her leg brought her back to reality. Roxxy looked down, her eyes momentarily refusing to focus. Then she saw; Mutt, with his jaw around her leg, squeezing gently. The storm was gone, she was on the docks, she was okay, everything was fine. Her Poochyena, once he saw that she was somewhat cognizant again, released her leg. She shook her head to clear her thoughts as Zeta returned to her perch on Roxxy's shoulder.

"Ha!" Jared laughed. "What, scared of a little thunder and lighting?" Roxxy wiped the blood off her lip with the back of her hand, then wiped it on her jeans. Jared was only a few steps away, and when she got him with a right hook, he stumbled back to the edge of the docks. He was a tad shorter than her, by enough that Roxxy was able to yank him slightly off the ground by the shirt collar and toss him chest-down onto the docks. When he tried to get up, she pressed him back down with a gentle push of her foot between his shoulders.

"Y'know," she said, her voice low and sharp in his ear as she knelt by his chest, "if I were you, I would not be poking fun at the girl who's lived on the streets since she was ten. That's not very smart of you, I thought you knew better? Disappointing." Roxxy extracted his wallet from his pants. It looked like Jared had been paid handsomely to block the ports for this Tag character; regardless, it would be enough to keep Roxxy afloat for the next few days. She removed every last paper bill from the wallet. Then she stood up and, turning out to sea, chucked the wallet as far off the docks as she could.

"Have fun fishing," she said, spitting blood at him. Then she looked around at the other battlers. Marwan was busy with a Ledian, but he had his Natu and his Growlithe so he was probably fine. Lori and her fluffy mouse...thing that Roxxy didn't know the name of were fighting a Vigoroth. Poorly, in Roxxy's opinion; the mouse thing was already covered in scratch marks and Vigoroth were notoriously vicious. As she watched, Lori called out something that sounded like gibberish to Roxxy, earning the red-haired trainer an eyebrow raise and a scoff.

And Tag was, well, drawing the Charizard monster's attention away from the rest of them. Roxxy licked away a drop of blood from her lip, actively resisting the urge to dig her nails into her forearm. This Tag guy had no particular reason to take on the Charizard from hell; the entire loosely formed group had only formed from a mutual destination. But here he was, defending them out of (she could only assume) the goodness of his heart. She shook her head again, clearing away her thoughts.

With a final kick to Jared's ribs for good measure, Roxxy boarded the ferry, making a Combeeline for below decks. If she was going to be on the water for a while, she'd rather not be reminded of that every time she lifted her head.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jul 8 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cool Bros

Ledian buzzed forward with amazing speed the moment it's trainer commanded it to and instantly set in to tackle Natu head on. Marwan could tell that his little green friend was prepared to dodge before it was even though. Marwan wasn't entirely sure of the myth about Natu and the two eyes seeing into the past and future but if there was ever a way to convince him it would be watching Natu Dodge the tackles that were being thrown at it.
Marwan was aware of the huge difference in power between the two, one bug type attack from the clearly superior Ledian would be more than enough to knock out Natu but defeating the bug wasn't the plan, wearing it down was. It was surprising, to say the least, that the man in black was deciding to only attack with tackles though Marwan knew what to expect when a Comet punch was about to be thrown.

“Natu, now's our chance to try and do some damage, peck!”

Natu took a quick leap forward before flapping its wings with all its might. The familiar silvery sheen covered its beak as it flew towards the Ledian.

“Dodge it Langley!” cried out the man in black and that is exactly what Langley the Ledian did, Natu was able to brush up against the bug but what little damage the small peck did was hardly comparable to what was about to follow.

“Ledian, Comet Punch.”

The Pokemon swung itself around and reached out to the Natu, barely grabbing it by the leg.

“Natu try to get away!” cried out Marwan to little avail. Ledian wound its arm back and with an astounding amount of power unloaded a powerful punch into the body of Natu. The small green ball of a Pokemon crashed into the ground beneath the battle and bounced as if it was made of rubber.

“Again! Finish it off!” the thug cried out. His voice was full of confidence and pride as he watched his Ledian wind up. Marwan panicked and called out to his Natu.

“Natu, Do something!”

The injured bird rolled over to look at its attacker, badly injured and barely able to fight back the small bird was engulfed in a faint purple aura. The glow slowly grew as time seemed to freeze, Ledian was simply fluttering above, arm cocked back and ready to fire, but for whatever reason the attack never came. A black beam shot from Natu into Ledian and connected the two on an unseen level, Natu was stoic as ever but the Ledian started to flutter about in an erratic pattern was was clearly having a hard time processing what ever was being beamed into its head. Both trainers stood in silence as the scene unfolded in front of them.

“Night Shade...” Marwan murmured, unable to think of anything else to say.

The scene came to an end when Natu was unable to keep up the attack, a minute had gone by but the Ledian was still ready to fire off a comet punch when it was finally able to shake the mirage out of its head. The moment the attack ended the punch had come down like a hammer from the sky into Natu, pummeling the Pokemon into the ground. Marwan was helpless in doing anything to stop the attack, he was expecting Natu to faint but not for such a brutal attack to be used.

“Growlith, come out.”

In a flash of light Growlith sprung out of its ball, Marwan reached for Natu's ball as Growlith looked around at its new surroundings. The puppy could tell what had happened, it instantly saw Natu sitting in the crater that was the ground zero of the battle. Marwan couldn't read the minds of his partners but if he knew Growlith as well as he thought he did he knew this would fire the Pokemon up more than anything. The puppy was clearly more determined than usual, certainly more than the fight against Roxxy.

“I'm going to crush your stupid dog. That's what you deserve for standing in our way!” The man in black sputtered with a sneer. His voice only worked to aggravate Marwan even more than his actions already had.

“Growlith we need to give this everything we got. This is serious.” Growlith gave a quick bark and took it's spot in front of the Ledian. Marwan figured Ledian was still more powerful but had all of his faith in Growlith winning.

“Let's take the first attack. Ember!”

Growlith suddenly unloaded a spray of small flaming orbs from his mouth, a shotgun spray of super heated shots filled the air. The Ledian attempted to dodge out of the way but was caught by a couple of the shots. It didn't appear to do a large amount of damage to the bug but clearly had an effect.

“Growlith I know you can do this. Tackle it!”

Growlith took off like a bullet from a gun in a mad dash towards its opponent, Ledian readied itself for the attack and tried to predict the right time to move. The faster Ledian had no problem dodging every attack that Growlith had thrown at it. Every tackle met with an equally quick dodge and any attempts to fly up above Growlith's range was only met with a barrage of embers.

“My Growlith has twice the energy your Ledian is going to have, just call it back and end this.”

“I'm going to win this, stop trying to make me back out!” The man in black responded.

Marwan figured that Growlith's hyperactivity could pay off here, if Ledian couldn't get close without taking a hit than it also couldn't hit Growlith with that comet punch. Marwan was a little confused though, so far Ledian had only use tackle and comet punch but there was no way it only knew two moves. What was this guy planning?

Marwan continued to half focus on his thoughts and half focus on the battle. Except for the fact that the battle was more like a dog chasing around a bug than an actual Pokemon battle, Ledian couldn't get close enough and Growlith showed no signs of tiring down. The injures from the previous ember attack seemed to be taking a toll on the bug as it was clearly having trouble keeping itself flying.

Marwan snapped out of his stupor when he finally realized that if the opponent wasn't going to do anything other than try and punch as Growlith he might as well end the fight here.

“Growlith, calm down.” ordered Marwan and Growlith suddenly came to a stop and simply stared down the bug.

“Tackle him Langley!” The thug took the bait. The moment the Ledian got close to Growlith Marwan shouted out to his Growlith. Ledian had no chance to escape the fiery torrent that flew forth from Growlith's mouth. Ledian dropped like a pile of bricks, its wounds finally overtaking it. Growlith fell over onto its side, clearly worn out from all the action though mostly okay.

“No, that's impossible! She was so much more powerful than you!” cried the thug, sobbing over his injured Ledian.

“Why did you only use two offensive moves? You had to have had more moves up your sleeve.”

“Don't you tell me how to use my Pokemon!”

Marwan was too fed up with the young man to talk any further, he snapped his fingers for Growlith to come to him and went to catch up with the rest of the group.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 10 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

With a powerful flap of her leathery wings, Tiamat once more flew forward towards the Ampharos. Tag watched intently, his hands balled into fists, as Enka began to charge up a retaliatory Dragon Pulse to intercept the attack.

The glowing orb of bright energy appeared in her mouth as she reared back, then simply fizzled out, leaving Enka looking momentarily stunned. Tag's heart froze as the Charizard wreathed herself in flames before slamming into his Pokemon with terrifying force.

Enka lay on the ground, still for the moment, but slowly, she was propping herself back up. She rested on all-fours for the moment, eying the Charizard with a mixture of weariness and fear. It had taken attack after attack from her and still had not fallen. Tiamat, meanwhile, stumbled back, dazed from the force of the hit. Tag watched as little arcs of electricity danced along the black skin of his enemy.

He would have an opening, but Enka didn't have enough steam in her for another Dragon Pulse. He could go with his not-effective STAB attacks, or he could go with Non-stab Super Effective Power Gem...

"Enka. Power Gem."

As if she'd been waiting for the command, Enka sprang up into the air, flipping into an aerial somersault, she slammed her tail into the ground, apparently shattering the 'orb' at the end of her tail. A barrage of brilliant, glittering gems lanced out, laying on an onslaught of rock-type attacks on the Charizard.

"Tiamat, break through it with Flamethrower!"

Tiamat reared back, forming the wicked flames in her toothy maw, but as Tag had hoped, she stopped short of completing her attack. Enka's power gem slammed repeatedly into her, toppling her backwards from the constant blows.

Settling back onto her feet, Enka teetered dangerously backwards. Before he could even form the thought in his mind, Tag had rushed out to the field, catching his tired Pokemon as she fell.

"How cute." The other man sneered, recalling his defeated Charizard from the field. Tag's hand flashed to his belt, ready to summon another Pokemon to meet whatever his opponent brought. "Nah. Tiamat's my strongest by far. If you can beat her, then there's nothing else I think I could do." The man shrugged, clipping the minimized Pokeball back to his belt. "Don't think this is over though."

He turned his attention away from Tag, watching the last battle between his comrade and Lori passively. Tag turned his head as well, watching as Roxxy moved towards the ferry. Marwan, however, was moving to join him and Lori. Well, one of them had listened to him and gone for the ferry as he'd suggested earlier.

Standing, he recalled Enka, placing his hand on the pokeball for Suzu, ready to jump in to Lori's defense.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 13 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

“Ha! What's that supposed to do!?” The grunt laughed at Lori, his Vigoroth giving an equally as mocking guttural snort. “Fangirl us to death?!”

Lori’s brow turned down. This guy was starting to get seriously annoying! But, if he didn’t recognise the move that Chico had just used, she still stood a chance at beating this guy…

*Clearly he’s not as smart as he is tough… That Vigoroth only uses head-on attacks so as long aas Chico doesn’t get hit, we can wear it down until we win!*

“Vigoroth, Fury Swipes!”

“Chico, dodge and use Swifft, now!”

The angry monkey leapt in, swiping and slashing for the nimble little rodent as he danced and flipped out of its way expertly. With a final spring, Chico launched himself away from the Vigioroth’s razor-sharp claws and brought his tail around in a neat arc. A flurry of golden stars poured forth, battering the opponent’s face and shoulders like a thousand stinging Combee while he retreated to a safe distance.

“C’mon, Vigoroth! Don’t just take it!” The tough-guy’s voice carried more than a hint of irritation. “Shrug it off and hit it!”

With a roar, the Vigoroth swung his arms to and fro, knocking stars out of his way as he closed in on the little Chinchilla. Bit by bit the white monster closed in on Chico’s position, stimulating a shocked widening of the Minccino’s eyes as realisation hit; there was no way to dodge the next attack!

“Slash!”
Two heavily clawed fists dug down, shattering stars from the Minccino’s tail and impaling themselves straight into the grey mouse’s body. For a moment, all went quiet as the dagger-like nails of the Vigoroth pierced through the rodent’s body, nailing him to the ground.

“Huh. It’s over.” Goon-features muttered with distaste. He noticed Lori’s wry smile all too late.

“Not yet it’s not.” Lori sucked her teeth with anticipation. “Let’s go, Chico!”

PAFF! The impaled body of the Minccino exploded in a puff of white smoke, his form replaced with a block of wood where he lay.

“NOW!”“CHINO!”
Another PAFF resounded in the air, Chico’s tiny body materialising behind his opponent, and Lori’s focus shifted completely. Trying to set up a status early in the battle had failed and the combination of a Sitrus berry and dodging had only bought her some time: now was the time to attack!

“Tail Slap!”

“What?! No!”

FWAPPFWAPPFWAPPFWAPPFWAPP! Chico’s hardened, glowing tail rained hits directly into the Vigoroth’s back, crushing it into the ground on top of the log that its claws were still stuck in. It grunted heavily, the attack clearly hitting harder than it had expected, and its limbs visibly shook as it rose when the assault ended. With a primal scream, the Vigorth pulled its claws apart and shattered the log into splinters.

“Finish it now, Vigoroth! Fury Swipes!”

“Kage bunshin!” Lori screamed, her fingers crossing in front of her chest quickly. In perfect unison, Chico’s paws mirrored hers and instantly six copies of the grey mouse burst from the same spot to scatter in all different directions before the angered ape. “Now! Swift!”

The circling stream of chinchilla’s threw forth wave after wave of stars into the normal-type opponent, wearing it down even further.

“COME ON, VIGOROTH!”

With a final cry, the ape lunged at the copies of Chico with fervour born of desperation and slashed through the copies one by one until only one panting chinchilla remained. Its eyes narrowed on Chico cruelly before it dove headlong towards the mouse with murder in its eyes. Lori’s hands snapped into a different hand seal.

“Kawarimi no jutsu!”

“It’s using a Substitute!” The goon realised, yelling at his Vigoroth angrily. “It’s in the back, turn around!”

Swiftly, the Vigoroth spun about and slashed at the air, razor-claws tearing at the space where Chico was about to appear…

“Tail Slap!”

Chico’s ‘substitute’ dashed at the Vigoroth’s exposed back and, in rapid succession, rained heavy blows on exactly the same spot he had hit before: FWAPPFWAPPFWAPP! Then, with a final almighty swing, set the finishing hit as a blazing uppercut that catapulted the Vigoroth high into the air to come splashing down into the harbour. A moment later, the unconscious form of the ape came bobbing to the surface.

“WHAT!?” The goon yelled, literally stamping his foot like a child. “But how!?”

Lori’s face twisted into a wicked smile. “Substitute spends HP to create a copy that the opponent attacks instead of the real target.” She supplied with a condescending, lecturing tone. “After you had seen the move once, I knew it wouldn’t work again. So, when I realised that Chico’s HP was too low to use it again, I called it anyway so you’d take the bait and turn your back on the real Chico. Then, all we had to do was attack the same spot that had been weakened earlier in the battle.”

“That’s sick and so… deceptive! What kind of Trainer are you?!” He retorted.

“A Trainer that never gives up or makes the same mistake twice.” Lori snorted. “And soon to be the Furoh League Champion.” She added pompously while looking him up and down with disgust. “Get out of here.”

Her hardened eyes glared at him as he recalled the fallen Pokemon and regrouped with his black-clad ‘friends’. Together they shared meaningful looks before their leader muttered: “You may have won this round, but we’ll be back.” Together, the four men dropped smoke bombs that exploded in a cloud of purple which, when it cleared, showed no trace of the gang’s escape route. With them finally out of the picture, Lori began to breathe again.

“Holy crap…” She muttered holding a hand to her breast to feel the hammering of her heart in her ribcage. “That was close…”

“Chino.” Chioc muttered at her ankle, leaning on her calf for support. She scooped him up and kissed his forehead.

*Good job Chico – thanks to you, I have a new strategy to win at the Fidona Gym!* She mused silently before turning to Tag and Marwan who stood close by. Roxxy was nowhere to be seen.

“I guess this means we can take the ferry now?” She asked, sparing a moment to scan the boardwalk for any more idiots dressed in mobster black. “Right?”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Aug 13 2014, 11:29 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

As Lori wrapped up the last battle, the group of suited men simply turned and walked away. There were no parting shots, no jeers, or yells as they retreated. Tag shook his head, almost in wonder, at the confidence they had walking away, even in such a lopsided defeat. All four of them had been beaten by the random group, and they still walked away as if they had won.

"Not even slinking away." the tattooed man muttered as he turned to Marwan and Lori.

"Well. Uh. Thank you for sticking it out with me there. Sorry to drag you into that mess." Placing a hand on the back of his neck, he looked at the two expectant faces of the young trainers. "So...shall we head to Fidona now? Can I treat you to some ice cream or something as thanks?"

He stared blankly at them, not really sure how to go about explaining that they were most likely thugs hired by Team Deception to bring him to Omar, who would most likely kill him. Ice Cream hardly seemed like an adequate thanks, but it did seem like a good way to downplay the severity of what had just occurred. The less they knew, the better.

Once response had been received, he headed up to the ferry. Despite the weary glances from the ferry workers, they accepted the groups' tickets and allowed them passage on board their ship. Heading down below decks, Tag spotted Roxxy nearby, and moved to sit a close (but still at a comfortable, Tag-distance). He'd make a beeline for the Pokemon Center in Fidona, but Enka would be resting well in her Pokeball until then.

Not sure how to initiate further conversation, Tag simply rested his back into his seat, letting out a long sigh as he felt the boat start to lurch forward.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.