Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Escape to the Amazon!, 7eevee, Hydra, FirePower, and Darkrow
7eeveelutions
post Sep 25 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Deep within the rainforests of Fidona, Pokemon of many different varieties could be heard communicating with each other. The trees and underbrush were filled with the songs of birds, the grunts and growls of foxes, wolves, and cats, and many sounds, some more unique than others.

Such as the sound of a Ninetales being slammed into the ground and yelping.

In fact, in this particular part of the forest, the sounds of a battle had been ongoing for nearly fifteen minutes.

The (male) Ninetales was on a path through the northernmost portion of the island, nearly 50 miles north of the small town of Fidona that gave the island its name. The path itself, while clearly visible, was also quite clearly not very well-traveled; it was originally made of cobblestone, but was in the latter stages of disintegration and now contained just as much dirt and weeds as it did stone. On one side of the path were the large trees that made the rainforest so famous, while on the other side of the path was a small clearing maybe a hundred feet wide shaped somewhat like a circle.

On one side of that clearing was the Ninetales' Trainer, a bulky Hiker who looked like he was about to pull his hair out in frustration. Across from him sat a tall, thin Ranger, who was perched on a boulder about as big as he was and looked far calmed than the Hiker. In front of the Ranger stood a little female Espeon wearing a reddish-brown Ranger vest.

Notably, the Ranger had a short sword with a red-brown sheath dangling from one side of his waist, and a small black plastic holster on the other side, although the contents of the holster were not visible. The Hiker, of course, had a giant backpack with what appeared to be some kind of fold-up tent attached to it.

"This is going much better than I ever would have hoped......" the Ranger muttered.

Just going off of size alone, the Espeon should never have won that battle. She was not yet fully grown, and her height currently sat at about two and a half feet. The Ninetales, on the other hand, was not only fully grown but actually substantially bigger and bulkier than most of its species, and it stood right around four and a quarter feet tall. In addition to this, there was clearly a huge age difference, and thus a huge difference in battle experience. It was quite clear what would normally happen when something that big got a hold of something that small.

But that hadn't happened. In fact, the Ninetales had yet to even land a hit on the Espeon. Whenever it tried attacking from range, the Espeon would either dodge or use Protect. If it tried to close in and strike, the Espeon would not simply dodge, but do something far more dangerous.

Every time the Espeon was caught at close range in an unfavorable situation, it teleported into a more favorable location.

And that was why the Ninetales was currently lying flat on his belly with his legs spread out in random directions.

He had attempted to use Flamethrower as a distraction to get the Espeon to dodge, then use Quick Attack to catch it while it dodged. Only moments before it had already forced the Espeon into using Protect to block another attack, so she had to wait a little while before she could use it again. The hiker had ordered the combo attack thinking this would be their best chance, as the Espeon was clearly getting tired by this point.

But then she had teleported to a position about ten feet directly above the Ninetales, and had used Telekinesis on herself to give her body downwards velocity. Essentially, she turned the dodge into a flying drop-kick that struck poor Ninetales right on his back.

And to make things worse, the Ranger and his Espeon were communicating through telepathy, so the Hiker and his Ninetales didn't ever have the sligtest clue about what was coming next.

As his Pokemon struggled to stand back up after that attack, the Hiker decided to take the easy way out and cast aside his pride so that Ninetales could rest.

"All right, that's enough! We forfeit. You win, Ranger. That little Eeveelution of yours is surprisingly adept."

"Ahh? You give up? Well, fine. Scarlet hasn't lost a battle yet since she learned how to teleport. It isn't something most people or Pokemon are used to fighting against. Nobody seems to have the slightest clue how to counter it...... except for me, of course. My name is Scott by the way. I'm an Area Ranger from the Loch Ranch area, but I'm all the way out here because of some personnel shortages."

The Hiker recalled his Ninetales. "My name is Luke. I'm actually the head of the Fidona Tour Services. I usually try to make a point of challenging all the rangers I see, but..... I'm not used to losing. This was just a 1 on 1 battle though, maybe if it had been two on two or 6 on 6......"

"4 on 4 is the best I can manage, but you still would have lost, because then you would have been distracted by Scarlet while a more threatening member of my team attacked." The small Espeon suddenly teleported again, this time onto Scott's shoulders with her backs legs on his left shoulder and her front legs on his right shoulder, and her body curved around the back of Scott's head somewhat similar to a neck pillow.

"...... I am going to have to go home and reflect upon this battle. If we meet again and have a rematch, you can be sure the outcome will be different." Hiker Luke started off down the path southwards back towards Fidona.

Scott and Scarlet watched them leav, before Scott fed his Espeon a pair of berries- Oran and Leppa- to restore her health and strength. Afterwards, she finally got down from his shoulders, and he returned her back to the Great Ball she resided in so she could rest. "Guess I might as well get back to patrolling......"

He looked up at the sky for a few moments and tapped his sword sheath twice with one of his fingers before jumping down off of the rock.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 27 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

Even sleeping was becoming annoying. How was Lucie supposed to forget about her problems momentarily if she always had the exact same dreams that represented one of the things bothering her? All it did was make her feel even angrier when she woke up that it wasn’t real. If she felt particularly lonely before going to sleep, her dream had her stuck in an endless ballroom with everyone fighting to dance with her. If she felt particularly angry at her poverty, she was stuck in the most lavish castle imaginable. If she felt particularly hungry, then she would be sitting in a room with an enormous table covered in all the food she could ever dream of.

The latter was currently happening.

This time around, the table was filled with desserts of all shapes, sizes and origins, from Kanto’s ice cream to cakes baked all the way from Kalos. Multi-level cakes, vats of ice cream, enormous cookies of varying flavors, giant sundaes with too many different toppings, every kind of chocolate, mountains of each kind of candy, stacked pies, donuts as big as her old self’s waistline and clouds of cotton candy littered the seemingly endless table. When the dream started, she was always thin, and overcome by gluttony and greed, started eating the treats in front of her. As this was a dream, impossible things happened, such as her getting fatter by the minute, her clothes and the chair she was sitting on getting bigger for her, her always being able to reach for more even when she became too large to reach past her belly and breasts.

As she took a bite of sickeningly sweet and pink cotton candy, a very loud chirp ripped her away from her gluttonous dream, startling her enough for her to let out a shrill shriek. The pudgy homeless girl had bitten her beloved little Spritzee, Pistache, in her sleep, the fluffy little bird’s feathers and shape being the culprits as to why Lucie had mistaken her for cotton candy. It didn’t help that she usually used the little bird as a pillow, much to its delight. As a result, Lucie always fell asleep to wonderful smells and seeing her favorite color.

“Oh God! I’m sorry, Pistache! I thought you were… cotton candy…” Lucie exclaimed loudly, growing quieter and trailing off as her jiggly stomach grumbled upon the mention of cotton candy. Despite being homeless for half a year, Lucie used to be so massive that even that wasn’t enough for her to lose all her excess weight. Going from eating three people’s worth of food every two hours to eating for half a person each day left her always starving.

Pistache chirped a few times and fixed her neon pink plumage before cuddling into her master adorably, letting out a little tweet. Soon after that, Lucie’s three other pokémon (she never put them in her pokéballs) joined Pistache, leading the entitled brat to actually let a rare smile appear on her lips. She loved those four so much, they were her only friends and the only ones who could tolerate her. They knew how hard it was for her to live this life and they did their best to help her be happy. That’s why they all helped her wash herself and get her food.

Unfortunately for the five of them, there was no water nearby and it was late enough in the day for people to be awake, making it hard for Lucie’s pompom-tailed Purrloin, Praline, to steal anything. Lucie would have to stay dirty and hungry for now, it seemed. Putting on her oversized, tattered dress, which she used as a blanket, Lucie got up and looked at her surroundings; it was so dark when she had gotten off that ship that she couldn’t see a single thing then.

“…This place is so ugly and humid, ugh… hopefully this is where soap grows so this won’t have been a pointless trip…” the plump teenager muttered to herself, letting Pistache rest on her shoulder while she carried her pink-nosed Litleo, Peanut. The little feline made a happy sound and rolled onto his back, earning himself a few belly scratches.

Lucie’s gray Minccino, Pecan, stood proudly at her side, but his short attention span and enhanced hearing didn’t let him stay still for very long. Hearing footsteps and talking from within the thick rainforest in front of him, his curiosity got the best of him and he scurried away towards it without warning. As always, Lucie noticed, cried out his name and ran after him, Praline hopping on her head.

“Pe… Pecan! Come… Come back here! We could get… lost…” she shouted out after a minute or two, already exhausted, calves on fire from the brief running. It dawned on her as she said it that she (and Pecan) had done so many twists and turns that Lucie had no idea where she was now or from where she had come from. And to make things worse, she had lost sight of her elusive, hyperactive Minccino.

Now that the only sound she was making was exhausted panting, Lucie was aware of the bizarre sounds of the humid rainforest and, quite frankly, they scared her. Buzzing, cracking, shuffling, creaking, croaking… All sounds she had never really heard before. Without realising it, she squeezed her Litleo against her chest like a child would hold a cherished toy when scared.

“…Pecan…?” she said a bit quietly, voice tinged with uncertainty and fear as she looked around helplessly. The last thing Lucie wanted in these trying times was to lose one of her pillars of sanity and one of her closest friends. She repeated the Minccino’s name a few times with varying levels of whining and volume as she walked slowly through the rainforest, coated in sweat.

“Uuuuugh, this temperature is unbearable!” she yelled angrily, patience wearing thin. She didn't care that it would probably alert anything nearby, nor did she really think about that. “I want my air conditioner back! I'm thirsty and starving and this place is useless and fucking gross!! Why did I even bother coming here?!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Sep 28 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

Kaya dashed through the jungle, grinning ear to ear. Just a week ago her leg had finally been declared healed, and the splint taken off. There would be no more hobbling around on crutches, slowing everyone down and having a hard time getting around. Manera, her Blitzle, raced alongside her, braying joyously. She seemed to be enjoying Kaya's freedom as much as Kaya was.

It was the first time in a while that Kaya had been off by herself. She'd come out here with her friend Luke Undar. They'd been on the island for Kaya's first gym battle, but since the gym was temporarily closed they were traveling around the island. It was a good way to while away the time, and there was plenty of time for Kaya and her team to train. Kaya wasn't really one to skip some potential training time; that's why she was in the jungle while Luke was barfing it up with the flu. At least there was a pokemon center nearby so Luke didn't have to upchuck his way all the way back to the city.

Kaya stopped and rested her hands on her knees. Manera was panting too. Not a bad run for only a week out of her cast.

"Take a rest, 'Nera," Kaya said. She closed her eyes and let the sounds of the jungle fill her mind. The air was hot and sticky, but she didn't care. Being out here with her Pokemon was enough to make her happy.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Sep 29 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

Sebastian and his crew of pokemon had been rather peacefully traveling into the depths of the rainforest of Fidona and for the first time the rapscallion pair of Bolt the Elekid and Flame the Magby had seemingly run out of energy. It had been when Sebastian was making tracks towards Petropolis and was confronted by an old man on the outskirts of the city, the old man proposed a deal that involved Blitzle in exchange for a Magby and Elekid who had learnt an assortment of high quality moves, initially Sebastian had thought it was a very fair deal that the old man had offered and true to his personality the fiery haired boy from Unova rashly in turn accepted the offer. It did not take too long for the young adult from the Unova region to realize the extra baggage that was attached to the pair of Elekid and Magby and why the old man had been so keen to complete a two for one trade, however by the time Sebastian realized this the old man was long gone. After an unsuccessful venture in Petropolis, Sebastian turned his focused firmly towards acquiring his first gym badge in the Furoh region and had set his sights on the island of Fidona where he would challenge they Gym Leader of the island, Maxy-Z to a battle.

Since arriving in Fidona earlier in the day and venturing deep into the rainforest it was becoming readily apparent that the humidity of the day was starting to get to Sebastian and his crew, that was possibly the reason why Bolt and Flame did not seem like there energetic yet irritating selves. The crew found a large tree with vines dangling all over the place that provided sufficient shade from the gleaming hot sun; it was time to take a break. Jaws the Totodile had been using a toned down version of his water gun move to cool he and his teammates off, Blade however was not impressed with the helpful act from his teammate as his wings were getting wet and therefore making his body heavier. Sebastian had been keeping a close eye on each of his pokemon as they enjoyed the shelter that the trees provided from the sun, Blade was rubbing his white scythe like arms along each other in attempt to sharpen them ready for a future battle, Jaws was peacefully chewing on the end of his tail whilst keeping eye contact with his trainer and receiving a judgmental look from him and finally for the first time Bolt and Magby had fallen to sleep, all in all it was a very peaceful moment in time. That moment of peacefulness was short-lived as a Vigoroth descended from the tree that Sebastian had his back leaned against and used its two sharp black claws to rip a hole in the white half-hoodie that he had been wearing. Sebastian quickly reacted by jumping to his feet and standing his ground as the violent looking wild monkey pokemon looked set to go on a rampage.

"You hyperactive piece of shit baboon, you want to pick a fight then bring it on you little bitch!"

The Vigoroth had moved away after sneak attacking Sebastian so to protect itself from any backlash from the human. Sebastian moved his feet into the stance he had been taught whilst learning mixed martial arts in the Unova region, he then proceeded to raise his fists into position and was ready to fight. Now that the hyperactive Vigoroth had lured his target into a fight it rabidly charged towards its human counterpart with the intent in its eyes to hurt him as the distance between the monkey pokemon and Sebastian was shrinking quickly. Blade the Scyther was quick to react to the turn of events as he advantageously used his Quick Attack move to disappear from the spot in the shade under the tree and re-appeared in front of the on-charging Vigoroth and tackled it in a direct collision where both pokemon were sent tumbling away from each other in opposite directions. Sebastian's chance to exhibit his skills in mixed martial arts had been interrupted by his own pokemon, it was not the result that he had wanted however it would suffice for the time being, he knew in his mind that he would get his revenge.

"I could have handled that myself Blade! Since you want to play the role of the hero then make yourself useful and use your Double Team move!"

The wild and violent Vigoroth was the first pokemon back to its feet after the collision as it began charging towards Blade who had stayed grounded a while longer to pay close attention to detail of his trainers commands. The white sloth-like bipedal pokemon however had both its arms spinning in a circular motion as it ran along the soft grass preparing its razor sharp claws to rip into its bug type opposition's body. Blade was back to his feet and staring into the rage enveloped eyes of Vigoroth as he waited for the right moment to execute his move. Vigoroth was about the strike Blade with its Scratch attack; however the timing of execution of Double Team by Blade re-iterated that 'patience is a virtue'. Vigoroth swiped at Blade but came up empty with its attack as it attacked a fake duplicate of the bug type pokemon, leaving only four Scyther's surrounding the wild monkey pokemon.

"Haha you stupid ass monkey couldn't even get your attack right. Now Blade use Vacuum Wave!"

Almost instantly after hearing his trainers command Blade and his duplicates leapt into the air in-sync so that Vigoroth could not tell which one the real Scyther was and which are the fake duplicates. Blade and his copies scythe like arms were now covered in a white glow as the mantis pokemon begun to spin around with its head and arms extended and facing the wild monkey pokemon. In a valiant effort, the enraged Vigoroth leapt into the air and struck at one of the four possible options of the mantis pokemon, however the monkey pokemon lucked out as it only eliminated a duplicate. Now both pokemon were in descent towards the ground as Blade's duplicates disappeared and revealed the real mantis pokemon to be behind Vigoroth as it fired a horizontal tornado from its body towards the monkey pokemon. The tornado connected with the back of Vigoroth as the monkey pokemon begun to free-fall towards the ground, the attack had done a significant amount of damage. In the meantime Jaws had stopped chewing on the end of his tail and was preparing an attack of his own whilst his trainer wasn't paying any attention to him.

"Don't let that stupid monkey rest Blade, hit it with you Wing Attack as it falls towards the ground."

Blade allowed his body to rotate so that his head was facing towards the free-falling monkey pokemon; it was nearing the ground thanks in part to its weight and the rapid speed it was traveling at. The mantis pokemons wings begun to glow white and grew in size as he dove towards Vigoroth. The expression on Sebastian's face said everything; he was intent with getting revenge. As Blade lunged his frame towards Vigoroth to put his attack in action, the monkey pokemon latched his claws into the sides of the mantis pokemon as he used the momentum at which his opposition was traveling with to rotate his body so that it was above Blade; Vigoroth then proceeded to exert as much force as it possibly could as the two pokemon slammed into the ground. Both pokemon looked to have taken a significant amount of damage from Vigoroth's sudden Body Slam move; however it looked as though Blade was stuck in the one spot and clearly unable to move.

"Get up Blade, stop lazing around!"

Vigoroth leapt towards Blade with its sharp claws leading the way, the monkey pokemon was relentless and despite it boiling over with rage it was seemingly able to think of its next movements ahead of time. Blade was as most would say a 'sitting duck' as he lay defenseless and paralyzed on the ground, about to be mauled by Vigoroth's oncoming attack. Had it not been for Jaws the Totodile jumping at Vigoroth's tail and latching onto it with his teeth then Blade's day may have been over. Jaws sunk his razor sharp teeth into Vigoroth's tail as the monkey pokemon screeched in pain and flailed his arms in hope of knocking the big jaw pokemon off of his tail. Vigoroth concentrated his movement and struck Totodile fair on the head as the brave young Totodile's grip on the monkey pokemon weakened until he detached his teeth from his opponent's tail. Now Vigoroth was intent on hurting Jaws for distracting him as he lunged towards the Totodile with his claws yet again leading the way for his attack.

"Bolt and Flame, get your asses to work and stop this monster!"

There was no response from the usually never quite pair, as Sebastian quickly scanned the surrounding area his Magby and Elekid were no-where in sight. It was a very inopportune time for them to disappear; the extra stress that the situation had created led to the young adult from the Unova Region to launch a pokeball towards Vigoroth. The pokeball hit the wild pokemons body just in time as he had begun to swipe at Jaws the Totodile who was lying on the ground afraid to get back to his feet. The red light emitted from the pokeball sucked Vigoroth inside as the red and white spherical device dropped to the ground and shook violently; Vigoroth was obviously trying very hard to escape. After a significant amount of shaking the pokeball stopped shaking and the light in the center of the ball had gone from a red color to white.

"What in the hell did I just do…"

It wasn't until after Sebastian had captured the wild Vigoroth that he had truly realized what he had done. The stress of the moment had led to him saving his pokemon by capturing his new enemy, who was now his ally. Sebastian walked over to where Blade, Jaws and the pokeball with Vigoroth inside lay, the fiery haired trainer did not applaud his pair of pokemon for their effort in battle and instead he simply returned them to their pokeballs. Sebastian picked up the pokeball with Vigoroth inside and shook his head in disbelief to the events that had taken place, then he suddenly remember that he had commanded his Magby and Elekid to assist in the battle. It seemed as though the pair had disappeared, most likely pulling a prank on their trainer. With a distinctly pissed off look on his face with the pair, Sebastian set off to find where Bolt and Flame had gotten off to.

& vs.

'Blade the Scyther' and 'Jaws the Totodile' vs. Wild Vigoroth

Blade uses Double Team! (+1 Eva.)

Blade uses Vacuum Wave on Vigoroth! It is super effective!

Vigoroth uses Body Slam on Blade! Blade is now paralyzed!

Jaws uses Bite on Vigoroth!

Vigoroth uses Scratch on Jaws!

Sebastian throws a Pokeball () at Vigoroth! Capture Successful!

This post has been edited by Hydra: Sep 29 2014, 05:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 29 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #5

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

"Eh?"

Scott had just started walking down the path when he thought he heard someone yelling angrily at something. He turned and looked for a moment in the direction he thought it had come from, before continuing on down the path.

The Hiker he had just battled had said he was the leader of a tour company, so he probably had a tour group nearby. That was probably a member of the group. What they were so angry at, he didn't really care. If they needed his help, he was only a short radio call away.

He took a few steps more and then heard something in the bushes, so he turned and looked again. But it was just a Minccino. He didn't notice that it had slightly different colored fur than a normal Minccino however, so he dismissed it as a wild Pokemon and continued on down the path a few more steps before his cell phone began to ring.

Most people- in fact, just about everyone- wouldn't have cell service in the middle of a rainforest, but Scott's phone had a special SIM card plugged into it which connected it to the Ranger satellite network. As a result, as long as he wasn't underground, he always had cell service. The upgrade was an expensive one, but most Rangers still bought it because their job often sent them to places far off the cell grid.

"Tch. Amber......" Scott muttered, then answered the call. "What do you want?"

"Have you seen the news within the past five hours?"

"I'm in the middle of a rainforest, Amber. What do you think?"

"So you haven't heard what's happened, then?"

His partner's voice sent chills down his spine. "...... Is something wrong?"

"You could say that. About 9 AM this morning, Echo 2 crashed just west of Lenolia while it was on a medevac call. There were six people on board, two Ranger pilots, a third Ranger, a civilian crew chief, an EMT, and a civilian patient in medical distress. None of them survived the crash, although it does appear that some of their Pokemon who were inside balls at the time did."

"Oh. That sucks," Scott muttered. Echo 2 was the callsign for the Furoh Ranger's second Black Hawk helicopter. They only had three Black Hawks total, Echoes 1, 2, and 3, so this essentially meant that for emergencies the Rangers had just lost a third of their quick-response abilities.

He then asked, "Does anyone know what happened? Mechanical problem, maybe?"

Amber's voice suddenly got really serious. "No. It was shot down."

Scott's mind blanked for a moment. "You can't be serious. Furoh doesn't even have a military. Who could have shot it down? And with what?"

"A terrorist group called the Brotherhood of Fear claimed responsibility. They're apparently a major problem in Fiore and Almia, and a minor problem in Sinnoh now that Team Galactic has collapsed, but until now they've not operated in any of the other regions. Why, I don't know, but they apparently want to enslave every Pokemon and thus don't like anyone who treats them with any respect, which is essentially everyone. As for with what, it seems that they used an old missile system called the Redeye, which would never have hit a military helicopter fitted with countermeasures, but of course to make them cheaper all of our Black Hawks lack any sort of missile defense system...... as a result, Echo 1 and Echo 3 have been grounded until further notice, along with the vast majority of police helicopters across the continent."

Amber paused for a moment, then continued. "Of course, coast guard helicopters, medical helicopters, and other civilian helicopters are still flying, so they're at risk. Luckily, most airliners fly high enough and fast enough that the Redeye system simply can't reach them, and it likely doesn't pack the punch needed to take down an airliner anyway."

Scott thought for a moment, then said, "Well, Fidona's airport is tiny, so that's probably why nobody has contacted me about this until now."

"Probably. They're currently having every available Ranger patrol around all the major airports to make sure no more attacks are made."

"I see. Did anyone catch the guy who shot down our helicopter?"

"No, he's still on the loose."

"Okay, keep me updated then. I'm going to head back to Fidona in case I'm needed."

Scott cut the call and turned around to begin walking back in the direction he had come from, noticing that the Minccino was still in the bushes nearby. Having not seen many of its species before, he again failed to notice that it was missing all of the white patches on its fur. He did notice, though, that it seemed rather confused about something. Maybe it had some friends nearby and had been separated from them?

He started to reach for Scarlet's Great Ball again, but decided that she needed to rest after her battle, so he grabbed a Luxury Ball off of his belt instead and released his newest, and yet eldest, team member.

A quick white flash revealed a fully-grown male Leafeon wearing a reddish-brown Ranger vest, who sat down on some of the damaged cobblestones that made up the path. Moss craved warmth more than anything; he was very gentle and loved to sit on the laps of anyone near him. At night, he tended to snuggle up next to anything warm he could find when he wanted to sleep, and during the day warm stones were his favored locations to sit.

And unlike Scott, who was carrying a sword on his left hip and a holster with a special non-lethal weapon on his right hip, he didn't look even slightly threatening, so he could be used to talk to scared Pokemon.

"Hey there buddy...... could you go and see what's bothering that Mincinno over there? I don't want to scare it, and Scarlet is exhausted, so I'd rather you do it."

After a gentle nudge from the Ranger, Moss got up and walked over towards the Mincinno, seemingly ignoring the fact that he was nearly triple the size of the smaller Chinchilla Pokemon.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 30 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Lucie’s sudden yelling had been enough to hurt her two feline pokémon’s ears, and they responded by making loud meows and pawing at her face (though not aggressively). The random burst of anger, however, caused her to squeeze Peanut even harder, resulting in a high-pitched, pained half-growl half-meow. Snapping out of it and letting him go, Lucie stepped back in surprise. As cute as Peanut was, he still was a rather violent lion who could spit fire of all things; he was dangerous. Even though he loved Lucie dearly and never would hurt her, the chubby brat still was scared that he’d get angry at her eventually and burn her alive or something. Praline found herself curling up into a ball on her head, using her sense of balance to stay, well, balanced. As confident and affectionate as the Purrloin was, Lucie had been violent with her for the first few months of their relationship, causing Praline to get very scared of her when she was angry. However, she rarely ever ran away for the same reason. What if Lucie caught her and then hurt her again?

In just less than an hour, Lucie had managed to hurt and/or scare Praline, Peanut and Pistache, gotten lost in a rainforest, lost Pecan and exhausted herself by sprinting briefly. Fortunately, Peanut didn’t seem angry at her since he started rubbing against her thick calves, seemingly to try and calm her down. Similarly, Praline rubbed gently against her cheek (having hopped down to the shoulder that Pistache wasn’t on after calming down) and Pistache was releasing the sweetest of smells. Lucie, as always, found herself wondering how her pokémon still found it in them to forgive her and take care of her after all the things she had done and said to them.

Crying out her species’ name, Praline hopped off her master’s shoulder and landed on her hind legs, pompom tail swaying gently. Putting a paw on her hip, she meowed and motioned to follow before walking on all fours again. She knew Lucie lacked the necessary initiative to go and look for Pecan immediately in her current state of mind, but the pudgy girl would certainly follow her.

“…Right, Pecan, sorry…” Lucie mumbled awkwardly. Her four pokémon were definitely the only living beings on the planet she’d willingly apologise to without thinking. As soon as she spoke, Praline purred happily and lead the way, Peanut following closely. The pink-nosed Litleo took his self-appointed job as bodyguard very seriously. In fact, he somewhat blamed himself for Pecan running away; the little Chinchilla pokémon was extremely curious and scatterbrained and most likely meant no harm, but if Peanut hadn’t been in Lucie’s arms he could have stopped him. He stayed close to the carefree Purrloin, as always.

“…You’re not mad at me, are you?” Lucie asked her fluffy little Spritzee, who chirped and rubbed itself against her face, making her smile and put a hand on it. All four of her pokémon knew that she preferred Pistache due to her plumage’s colors; as much as she coddled (to the best of her abilities) the four of them, Pistache always seemed to get special treatment and always stayed on her shoulder. Her cheery disposition quite possibly helped with her status as favorite as well. Either way, they all didn’t mind, so all was good (though Praline sometimes forced Lucie to spoil her).

While his friends were looking for him, Pecan had found some new people that captured his interest. Badly hiding behind a bush, he watched a young man (who was a bit younger than Lucie) talk to a strange device. Though very curious about the Ranger’s phone, Pecan stayed behind the bush, observing as he said things he didn’t really understand. The little Minccino did understand that this young man was quite important and that he had weapons, especially recognising a sword. As a result, he was quite afraid to approach him, even though he really wanted to go say ‘hi’. Pecan also wasn’t really sure where Lucie was now, but fortunately for the gray chinchilla, his focus wasn’t on that so he wasn’t too worried for now.

His confused expression turned to one of joy and excitement when a Leafeon, much bigger than he was, approached him. Immediately, he hopped on him happily and rubbed against his head affectionately. Quite obviously, Pecan wasn’t aggressive or hostile at all. It didn’t take long for Pecan to just start conversing with the Leafeon, showing absolutely zero fear. Unfortunately, he was still excited, and as a result didn’t mention Lucie.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Oct 3 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #7

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya cocked her head. Was it just her imagination, or had she heard a fight? She listened a little longer to confirm her suspicions. She could hear a crashing sound in the distance, followed by somebody shouting.

"Let's go check it out," Kaya said. "We'll probably miss it, but it's worth a shot." Manera gave a happy cry and dahed off in the direction of the sound, Kaya not far behind.

The jungel was lush and full of life. Bug Pokemon crawled up the trees, while bird Pokemon flitted in and out among the branches. Kaya didn't pay attention to them; she'd seen plenty of those pokemon during her jungle trek, and she had a battle to find. The only pokmon that caught Kaya's attention were a Magby and Elekid crossing her path. She hadn't seen any others of their kind in the jungle so far. She dismissed them as feral, though, and kept running.

Kaya stumbled upon, as she had expected, the aftermath of a battle. The ground was covered in debris, - from the fight, she assumed - but all the pokemon were gone. The only living thing she could see was a flame-haired young mand. Kaya decided that she'd come at a bad time. It didn't take any stretch of immagination to decide that this guy could bust some heads, and on top of that he looked completely ticked. Kaya backed up slowly and motioned for Manera to do the same, hoping they hadn't been noticed.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Oct 3 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #8

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Flame and Bolt certainly knew how to leave their trainer in the worst mood imaginable with their constant bickering and now their penchant for escaping when they were actually needed. The facial expression that Sebastian had showed he was in no mood to mess around. Unsure to where Elekid and Magby could have fled to, Sebastian set out walking through the forest depths to find the pair. It was just as Sebastian was walking along along a dirt path that he noticed a Blitzle appear from a nearby clearing, the fiery haired boy's mind was filled with thoughts as he wondered if the old man with whom he had traded with had followed him all the way to Fidona to steal back Flame and Bolt, most likely it was just Sebastian being paranoid however he was sure that was the case.

"You rotten thief, give me back my Elekid and Magby!"

The Blitzle suddenly retreated backwards in fear and in a rather reactive move, Sebastian released Blade the Scyther from his pokeball. The mantis pokemon's paralysis had worn off, thanks in part to the healing effects that resting inside a pokeball could give you. Blade still looked worn out from the battle against Vigoroth, however he was clearly at his trainers command no matter what state he was in. Sebastian increased his pace of pursuit towards the Blitzle, Blade was unsure what was going on so his trainer cleared the situation up for him.

"Follow Me Blade, we are going to teach someone familiar a lesson!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Oct 4 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Moss tilted his head to the side a little bit, a habit among all three of Scott's Eeveelutions when they were either confused or especially interested in something.

Just because he wasn't telepathic like the two other Eeveelutions and wasn't gifted with the natural high intelligence of a Vulpix didn't mean the Leafeon wasn't smart; he knew all about a lot of things. In particular, the Minccino seemed curious about Scott's phone. Moss only knew the minimum amount of information about the phone (since he and the others had never asked about it), which probably just created more questions about how it worked than he had before he'd become a member of Scott's team......

A device that can communicate with someone else regardless of their position does sound somewhat magical. I wonder how they build them? Is it permanently connected to a telepath? Or is there some tiny psychic stuck inside the device to make it work......? That would be a horrible way to live, so maybe not......

As for why Scott had a sword......

The day he captured me, Scott had trouble dealing with some insane guy who had a great big sword. He thought it looked cool, so he bought one. I think it's stupid, but whatever.

And if asked about what was in the holster on the opposite side of Scott's hip from the sword......

I'm not totally sure...... some kind of weapon that is supposed to look like a gun but isn't actually one. I think the whole purpose of it is to scare bad people.

If asked about Scott or any of his Pokemon, other than Moss himself......

I'm not sure what exactly they'd want me to say, but Scott has lots of food. There's a noisy, mean Vulpix and an annoying Espeon...... and the Umbreon is okay, when he isn't trying to steal food from me. And there's this girl who hangs around Scott sometimes...... she has these weird mood swings sometimes. Usually she's nice but sometimes she's a total monster. Luckily she didn't come to the forest with us.

If Pecan asked about him, he got a little suspicious and refused to say anything about himself, apart from I like food.

And lastly, when asked about the reddish-brown vest he was wearing......

Apparently it's some kind of faction thing...... it's supposed to tell everyone that I belong to the Rangers. I don't mind it, it keeps me warm at night. I don't like being cold, but this forest is really warm so it hasn't bothered me for the past several days.

Finally, Moss refused to answer anything more until he asked a few questions of his own.

First of all, he'd caught her name- Pecan- but he was especially curious as to why she was named after food.

Secondly, he wanted to know if she was from this area, and if she wasn't, where she was from and how she got here. If she was, he wanted to know if there were any berry trees nearby.

And last but not least, he wanted to know why her fur was pure gray and had no white patches. Scott may not have seen a Minccino before and couldn't tell the difference, but Moss could, since he'd been living on the edges of the Loch Ranch for most of his life and had met a large variety of different Pokemon as a result.

In the meantime, Scott took the time to use his phone again to call the Ranger Regional Command in Fidona to see what they wanted him to do.

However, since so many other Rangers were already involved in the incident that morning with their helicopter, Regional Command figured he should stay out in the more remote portions of the forest. Their line of thinking was that the less friendly members of society had likely heard about the attack, and knowing that the Rangers would be preoccupied for a while, they might spend that time doing illegal things like poaching or trying to capture a local Legendary.

You know, there are probably a couple different legendary Pokemon in this forest...... but it's so hard to get around while off the paths, nobody will ever find them. I would bet anything there's a Shaymin or two somewhere in here.

He sighed. He was getting awfully tired of being stuck in this forest (he'd been out here four days already). Maybe it was time to start heading towards the edge of the island, and some of the beaches......

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Oct 4 2014, 01:30 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 7 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Pecan’s oversized ears perked up and his eyes widened in interest as the much bigger Moss answered his incessant questions. Magic? Weapons? Food? Rangers? It was all so fascinating to the young chinchilla! Maybe this Scott person would be able to help Lucie? Then again, Lucie wasn’t very social, so Pecan would have to work his magic to force them to talk to each other. Either way, the talk about Moss’ partners was what mostly piqued the little gray Minccino’s interest.

What? They’re mean and annoying? Why? They’re your friends, aren’t they? Mommy’s other pokémon are my friends! I guess Praline is a bit weird, but Pistache and Peanut are wonderful!

Before he could finish or ask another question, Moss asked his own questions. First, the origin of his name and more broadly Lucie’s other pokémon’s names.

Mommy is big and loves food a lot, so she named us after food! It’s hard to get food so Praline tends to get it for us!

Pecan’s tail wagged erratically as he hopped from Moss’ back to stand in front of him, his stumpy body barely keeping up with his energy; even his cries sounded frantic and excited. Moss’ second question was his origin, which he thought was a weird question, but Pecan answered gleefully, hopping a few times as he did.

I don’t know the name of where Mommy comes from, but it’s a big city with a huge store! Mommy says her house used to be there, so that must be it! It’s in a place with lots of water, too! And I’m here because Mommy’s here, I heard sounds and I came to see what they were!

Moss’ last question somewhat caught Pecan off guard. Why was he all gray? He didn’t really have an answer to that, but he hopped around a few times anyway before giving an answer with as much energy as his previous answers.

I don’t really know, I’ve always been like that! And, and, and, and Mommy says Praline and Peanut are special like me! It makes Pistache feel a bit left out, but we cheer her up!

Pecan’s massive ears twitched vigorously as he tilted his head, stopping his constant hopping and moving, a question coming to his mind. Simple question as always, but he wondered why Scott wasn’t approaching them.

In addition to being humid, gross and scary, this forest was also a maze, just great. All she had seen so far was huge Bug pokémon as well as one hell of a stinky Vileplume that almost made her vomit. Luckily, Pistache’s sweet aroma managed to overpower the Vileplume’s scent quickly after Lucie jogged away from the huge plant. All this running and jogging and sweating and panting was making the poor chubby girl thirsty in addition to her raging hunger. Again swearing and whining at her misfortune like she did after losing Pecan, Lucie stamped her feet on the ground, making quiet thuds and thumps. As always when her temper flared, Praline stayed away and Pistache cheered her back up. Peanut started growling at a large bundle of roots as Lucie regained her composure, which caught the attention of both her and her other two pokémon.

“…What’s the matter, Peanut?” she asked rather innocently, failing to notice the pair of angular eyes glaring at her little group through the roots. The hot-blooded Litleo took a defensive stance, temperature a short radius around him heating up quite a bit. The creature under the roots was very fast, though, and violently Tackled Peanut’s side, looking merely like a green and yellow blur as it did so. A loud crack was heard as it did so, and Peanut fell to the ground with a loud yelp. The blur stopped moving, staring at the injured Litleo with dilated pupils and teeth bared.

An Electrike. A strong one. Lucie had seen quite a few of those canines back home: her father seemed to get a lot of them. For once, Lucie was silent, in shock that her poor Litleo had just been attacked so quickly without her even noticing the threat. Despite the sickening sound of the Tackle, her darling Litleo hobbled back up, clearly injured and angered. Fighting other males always seemed to enrage her small lion cub for reasons she ignored.

Prideful and fancying himself as a mighty guard, Peanut refused to stay down and got another Tackle for his trouble. The Electrike was just too fast. Before Peanut could get back up, though, sparkling wind hit the Electrike full force in its blind spot, not hurting it too much, but enough to push it back a bit. Barking in surprise, it Leered at the source of the wind: Pistache. Squawking in fright, the Spritzee hid behind Lucie’s beloved Purrloin. Now ticked off, the Electrike used Thunder Wave, causing Peanut to whine and start convulsing slightly whenever he tried to move. Much to its surprise, however, Praline seemed unaffected.

“A-Attack it, Praline!” Lucie spurted in a rare display of awareness during a battle. The pompom-tailed cat dashed at the Electrike and Scratched at its eyes to blind it, fighting dirty as always while letting out a violent hiss, her fur spiking up. As Praline attacked the Electrike’s eyes, Lucie went to Peanut and lifted him up as he whined and convulsed. She held him close to her chest and stroked his back gently, trying to comfort him: she knew the Litleo well enough to know that his pride had just been wounded. Pistache was luckier than him: her paralysis had already worn off and she was back on her master’s shoulder, now scared of the Electrike.

Praline’s attack was soon countered by a blind bite, the Electrike’s strong jaws ending around her fluffy tail. Another Fairy Wind attack from the cowardly Pistache, once again on the battlefield, was enough to force it to let go, but the damage had been done. The Spritzee truly did excel at being a supportive force and knew when to chime in, luckily for her clueless trainer. Pushed back a bit again, the Electrike Howled violently and eyed Lucie herself, causing her to step back fearfully, whimpering and holding Peanut tightly.

By that time, he had stopped convulsing and squirming to get out of Lucie’s grasp, managing to do so by making a rather scary growl to startle her. Taking another violent Tackle, this time for his beloved master, Peanut crumpled to the ground, out cold. Using the Sweet Scent that attracted the Electrike to them, Pistache managed to distract the Electrike long enough for Praline to resume her dastardly tactics as Lucie, at a loss, picked Peanut back up and tried to wake him up, staying as far away from the Electrike as she could. It was in vain, though; Peanut was knocked out. She held him close once again, almost crying. She couldn’t lose another pokémon, her mind wouldn’t be able to take it. For now, though, sadness and rage invaded it once more.

“Kill that damn thing!!” she screamed, the sound of the scream itself causing the Electrike to flinch and take a handful of Scratches to the neck and a faceful of Fairy Wind courtesy of Praline and a scared Pistache. The green canine finally fell to the ground, too hurt to continue. Praline, ever the dirty fighter, swiped mud into its face and hissed loudly before going back to Lucie, concerned about Peanut. Similarly, Pistache cooed and went back to her master’s shoulder, making more quiet, concerned sounds when she saw the Litleo’s state.

Lucie’s heart was beating faster than when she was forced to take the stairs in her home, yet she also felt some excitement despite her terrible mood. Were battles always like this? If so, she didn’t really know what to think of them… but before she could think more about this little dilemma or what to do with Peanut, something emerged from the bushes.

A Scizor. And this one had scars on its face along with an emblem carved into the black part of its waist, seemingly by a human. The sight of the metallic humanoid bug was enough for Lucie to start panicking: “Oh God, stay away from me, you… you THING!” she shrieked, stammering and stepping back rapidly as it approached her. Fortunately, it stopped at the Electrike and glared at her and her pokémon, sending shivers down her spine.

Carefully, it picked up the injured canine in one pincer as not to hurt it, glared at Lucie once more for an extended period of time and dashed from where it came, making a loud, metallic hum that could be heard from quite a ways away. However, the sound didn’t last very long… was there someone nearby?

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Oct 9 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #11

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya cringed as the young man started shouting. He had noticed them. Manera gave a scared cry and dashed bahind her trainer. Kaya was about to turn around and run when she realized: he'd just called her a theif.

Kaya's vision turned red. Who did this guy think he was, scaring her Blitzle and accusing her of stealing pokemon? Her fear melted away in a moment of indignation and she stormed out to face the trainer.

"Who are you calling a theif?" Kaya said. "I just got here!" Manera, encouraged by her trainer's lack of fear, ran back out between the two humans and got into a battle-ready stance. The trainer's Scyther looked too tough to beat, but if Kaya could yell back at the trainer, then Manera could at least give the Pokemon a good shock.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Oct 9 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #12

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Whoever it was that owned the Blitzle was not impressed with being accused a thief, they stopped their retreat and make tracks towards Sebastian, it was at that moment that the young adult realised that he had acted rashly and accused a little girl of stealing what he thought was his Blitzle. Sebastian was not going to let himself look weak in front of anyone, especially not the girl and her Blitzle who were now confronting him. Blade observed the battle-ready Blitzle and knew that this Blitzle was not the one his trainer used to own or it wouldn't even think about attacking it's former team-mate and friend.

"Back down little girl and curve your attitude or I'll have to knock some sense into you."

Sebastian had surprisingly calmed his owner anger as he surveyed the Blitzle now standing in front of him ready to fight. His suspicion had been wrong and now he had put himself in a situation that he would rather just dismiss, it was his macho attitude that was stopping him from apologising to the young girl for his accusation. It may have been the most coincidental of times for a loud metallic humming sound to be heard close by, this instantly aroused Sebastian as he was easily distracted by it and wanted to find out what was going on. Sebastian ignored the young girl and her Blitzle as he signalled for Blade the Scyther to follow him as they began heading in the direction in which the fiery haired young adult thought the strange sound had originated from. Sebastian couldn't help himself but leaving a snarly remark for the young girl who had confronted him,

"Play time's over little girl, go back to school while the big guys handle the real action."

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Oct 10 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #13

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Well, he's just...... err...... I don't really know actually. It does seem he's busy doing other things.

That was the best Moss could answer her question, seeing at Scott had been messing with his phone for a while.

Then his ears twitched. The big Leafeon had heard something that wasn't normal. Scott looked up from his phone, too; he'd heard it as well. A high-pitched scream that sounded like it belonged to a girl who had a bug crawling on her or something like that.

From his vantage point on the path, Scott could also see some birds flying away from an area not too far away. It seemed that it wasn't just a girl and a bug...... was there a battle going on? And going by the shriek, it seemed that it was less likely to be a regular battle and more likely somebody who wasn't prepared for the harshness of the rainforest getting beaten up by the local wild Pokemon.

In that case, he needed to investigate.

He started by recalling Moss into the Eeveelution's Luxury Ball, since he had little battle training at this point and was only used for healing and non-battle-related stuff.

He replaced the Leafeon with Scott's lead Pokemon, a female Vulpix named Ruby. Despite her much smaller size than any of Scott's Eeveelutions, she was the strongest by a significant margin.

"There's a battle going on somewhere over there. Let's go."

Only looking back briefly to see if the Minccino was following, he took off through the woods with Ruby a few steps behind him. However, after a couple hundred feet he came across a wall of thorny rose bushes. He was going to have to go around them, but there was enough space for Ruby to go on ahead.

"Go." The little Vulpix disappeared into a small hole between two of the bushes, while Scott went off to the left, looking to see where this giant mass of bushes ended.

It was only a few hundred feet of running farther until Ruby came across the site of the incident. There was a somewhat large girl sitting up next to a tree in a tiny clearing a dozen or so feet wide, which was surrounded by more trees and bushes, some of which were covered in thorns. The girl was holding a fainted Litleo and there was a Purrloin and some kind of fairy thing Ruby did not know the name of next to her, both of whom seemed injured.

More noticeably, however, there as nothing else int he clearing or in the trees nearby. Whatever had attacked them seemed to be gone now. The girl seemed concerned that whatever it was might still be nearby, but the Vulpix was unable to detect anything. She wasn't much of a sensory type though, as that was Ebony's job, but she still decided that there was no longer an imminent threat and sat down to wait for Scott, her little Ranger jacket in full view of everyone.

That turned out to be a mistake, as a moment later that nightmare from the mountain battle came crashing out of the bushes, and before she could react, straight into her, flinging her back out of the little clearing and into a thorn bush.

Scott arrived just in time to see it attack. For a moment, he just stood there in horror, with a flashback to the battle with poachers on Mt. Arasam a couple months prior.

He had just learned that the keys Ebony had pickpocketed with Covet were the keys to a small helicopter and not the keys to the poacher's cages. Angry about this, the lead poacher had called out his last Pokemon, an Absol. He initially hadn't been real concerned, as he had a strong wild Absol of his own as an ally. But then...... it had suddenly changed form, its hair growing longer and two short wings sprouting from its back.

And, ignoring Ruby and all the other Pokemon, it had come straight for him, clamping down on his left shoulder with its jaws.

It had been nothing short of a nightmare.

After the battle he had to be flown straight to the hospital, where he got several dozen stitches just to close up the injury. The scar left behind was terrible, just like the one that ran from his right shoulder down to his elbow from more than a year ago fighting wild Mightyena.

After a few moments of mutual glaring which confirmed that this was indeed the exact same mutant Absol, Scott realized that another battle was unavoidable.

That's when a Scizor flew out of the bushes and landed next to the Absol.

And an also-familiar Umbreon leapt out and took up a position on the other side of the wolf-thing-with-wings.

And a familiar Chatot landed on the head of the Umbreon.

Other than the Scizor, he recognized all of them as belonging to that one certain lead poacher. But that guy was supposed to be in prison, so why were his Pokemon here?

"...... Oh hell no!" He knew he could not fight this team. The only thing he could possibly do was run and find help to save that girl if they attacked her too. He took a step back......

...... And had the barrel of a rifle slammed against the side of his head, knocking him unconscious.

The guy who had attacked him was a buff guy of average height, and the rifle held tranquilizer darts. In one hand he held that rifle, and in the other he held Ruby by the scruff of her neck. The poor Vulpix already had a dart in her side, and was fast asleep.

The poaching boss had made his move.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Oct 10 2014, 01:40 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 10 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

“Pecan!”

Lucie’s eyes almost instantly filled with tears when her darling Minccino jumped into her arms; she thought she would never see Pecan again, after all. She squeezed him somewhat tightly, not wanting to hurt him. Praline and Pistache cuddled against Pecan with as much joy as their master. Things were finally starting look up, now the only thing left was to help Peanut.

Vision blurry due to her tears, Lucie merely saw a red and orange blotch arrive, and her joy dissipated into fear. That monstrous bug was still around, was that another of its allies? Rubbing her eyes swiftly to clear her vision, the plump girl found herself glaring fearfully at the Vulpix in front of her while holding her four pokémon away despite Pecan’s protests.

“Stay away from me! I didn’t do anything!” she yelled at the Vulpix angrily, not really noticing the little fox’s apparent lack of interest in her or its jacket. Even if she had noticed that jacket, she didn’t know what a Ranger was, so it didn’t mean anything to her. Pecan, however, knew that the Vulpix was friendly: if she was Moss’ friend then she was his as far as he was concerned.

Then came that white monster.

It knocked out the Vulpix right as a young man popped out from the same place Pecan and the Vulpix had come out of. The bizarre white pokémon and the young man glared at each other for a few moments. While they were busy looking at each other, the horrible metallic hum that red monstrosity made earlier was heard throughout the rainforest again. Lucie’s heart almost literally skipped a beat when the scarred Scizor made its second appearance in just a few minutes, landing at the white monster’s side. Then came an Umbreon on the other side, and a weird bird landed on its head a few moments afterwards.

Covering her mouth with one hand as she did, Lucie shrieked in horror as a muscular man knocked the young man (who was wearing a jacket similar to the Vulpix’s, she noticed) with one quick strike of a rifle. Then, he shot a dart at the Vulpix’s limp body and lifted it up by the scruff of the neck.

This was terrifying.

This was a nightmare.

Lucie was shaking with her mouth agape in complete shock and fright. And that Scizor was merely glaring at her while the other pokémon did their job. Fixated on the red insectoid, Lucie merely stayed still, hugging her pokémon. Maybe it’d just go away like last time?

It was then that a small woman, sickly and gaunt, stepped in, holding a pokéball in her bony hand. Wearing her messy and spiky pitch black hair in cute pigtails that contrasted completely with her demeanor and the rest of her appearance, she looked wicked and awkward, standing pigeon-toed. She had a lot of make-up on around her eyes, enough to give her the raccoon eyes look. Quite simply, she looked like a mess. Following her were a Heliolisk and a Gurdurr. Was she the Scizor’s owner? If so, Lucie was in a lot of trouble.

“That’s what took it out? This Electrike is shite. Another for the garbage bin, I guess,” she said matter-of-factly, her English accent very clear. After speaking, the abnormally thin girl nonchalantly and gently tossed the pokéball to the muscular man. So they were allies.

Scrambling to her feet despite being terrified, Lucie ended up being stared at by all the pokémon there as well as the thin woman. Whimpering a bit and squeezing her beloved Litleo a bit, she took a few steps back, almost tripping on the roots of the tree she was sitting against.

A gray Minccino, a pink-nosed Litleo, a Purrloin with a strange tail… these pokémon were definitely at least a little unique. The Spritzee was also fairly rare. The scraggly woman took a few steps forward and held her hand towards Lucie, palm towards the sky and gesturing towards herself.

“Hand ‘em over or we’ll take ‘em by force,” she said in a dull tone of voice. She sounded dead serious, and Lucie noticed that she too had a rifle, except it was strapped to her back instead of being in her hands.

“…St-Stay away from me…” Lucie stuttered, taking a few more steps back. Her mind was racing. She had only three options: attack, run or surrender. Her ego not deflating despite the less than pleasant predicament, the latter option did not even cross her mind for more than a millisecond. Furthermore, even someone as clueless as Lucie knew that attacking these two poachers was downright suicidal… but then again, more running didn’t sound very good to the pudgy girl either.

“Hand ‘em over and we will, don’t and we won’t, simple as that,” the sickly woman explained her relaxed stature becoming a bit more tense. Something as subtle as that escaped Lucie’s mind, but she was getting impatient. After a few panicky deep breaths, Lucie turned on her heels and ran as fast as her round body allowed her to, holding onto her pokémon for dear life, especially the fainted Peanut. Her oversized dress was making it hard to run too fast without tripping, which didn’t really help. In her panicked state, she hadn’t noticed the other pokémon that had followed the young man and the Vulpix.

The cadaverous young woman sighed deeply and looked at the muscular man in disgust, hand on her bony hip. “'S'it worth giving chase? Doubt her fat ass'll get anywhere fast,” she asked, clearly as disgusted as her look suggested. "Either way, your word's law."

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Oct 11 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #15

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya glared at the young man's back as he walked away. He had just accused her of stealing, and now, instead of appologizing, he was just leaving. On top of that, he'd called her a little girl. That guy had some nerve. Even if her pokemon weren't as stong as his Scyther, she wasn't going to be dismissed as a helpless little girl while "The big guys handle the real action."

"Where do you think you're going?" Kaya said. "You're not even going to applogize?" She stomped after the trainer.

"Bli," Manera said, nudging her trainer's hand. Her ears were pricked and she sniffed the air. Something wasn't right. She could feel it in the air. She tried to get Kaya to turn back.

Kaya turned around in time to see a man step out from behind a bush. He threw two pokeballs on the ground in front of him, releasing a Nidoran Male and a Paras. Kaya turned to run, but another man had jumped out in front. There was a massive fallen log one one side of her and thick hedge on the other, cutting off any way of escape.

The first man grinned, revealing his yellow teeth (the ones that weren't missing). "Well, well, well," the first man said, "What have we here?" The man's voice was raspy. His hair, grey and stringy, cascaded down in tangled dreadlocks. His clothes were frayed and ratty. Worse of all, Kaya could smell him all the way from where she was. His Pokemon didn't look any better groomed. "Give me yer pokemon, girl, or suffer the consequences."

"I don't think so," Kaya said. "Pede-erpat, go! Manera, you too." She she held out a pokeball, releasing the Venipede that was held inside. Manera ran up beside Pede-erpat and got into a battle ready position. Kaya wasn't going to go down without a fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Oct 11 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #16

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Sebastian blocked out the young girl's voice as he continued on to find out what had caused the strange sound that he had heard previously. For a few moments Sebastian could hear the footsteps of the girl following him, however they stopped so suddenly, what could have calmed the girl down so quickly. As Sebastian turned his back he noticed that the girl who owned the Blitzle was surrounded by two men whose clothing choice gave off the impression that they were homeless beggars, one was blocking the girl from escaping and the other had a Nidoran and Paras ready for battle.

"Serves that little bitch right I say."

Sebastian had a smirk on his face as he turned back around and ignored the situation that the young girl was involved in, at the moment the short attention span that the boy from Unova had was leading him to find out what had gone on nearby. As Sebastian turned forwards to where Blade the Scyther was leading the way he noticed the mantis pokemon was in the stranglehold of a Pinsir. Blade had been so quiet purely because the Pinsir was restricting his breathing due to the tight grip that its pincers had around the fragile bug type body of Scyther's. There were no trainers nearby so Sebastian assumed that the Pinsir was wild.

"One move and I'll finish you where you stand boy!"

The deep croaky voice came from above ground if Sebastian's hearing was correct and indeed it was. Perched in a nearby tree branch not too far from the ground was a man with a cigarette in his left hand and a knife in his right hand. Blade was wincing in pain and Sebastian could not take watching a member of his team being beaten up as he reached into his pocket and retrieved Jaws the Totodile's pokeball and released the big jaws pokemon from his resting place. The fiery haired boy from Unova had not heeded the man's warning as the man in the tree leapt from his perching spot safely landing on the ground. The man's features were clear now, a ragged beard that made him look as if he hadn't shaved for a substantial amount of time and he was wearing dark clothing, a pair of ripped jeans and a motorcycle style leather jacket to be exact. The fearless nature of Sebastian led him in many situations to make rash decisions, however the boy was positive that he was making the right decision this time.

"You obviously have no idea who you are messing with. You want a piece of Me, then come get Me!"

Threatening a man with a knife in hand was not exactly the smartest idea, however with his background in mixed martial arts and with Jaws nearby the young adult was confident. The ragged looking middle aged man did not bite Sebastian's bait as he simply pointed his knife towards Blade the Scyther and spoke to his Pinsir,

"Don't crush that crappy bug too bad or you'll make the boss pissed"

So the man was not alone, that was now certain. The man with the knife was quite possibly part of the same crew that was attacking the young girl nearby. Sebastian stopped his thoughts as he pointed towards Pinsir as Jaws began running towards his team-mate who was in a great deal of pain.

"Jaws, finish that Pinsir off nice and quickly with your Ice Fang attack!"

Jaws' Ice Fang attack would be super effective against Pinsir if it were to hit, and then the battle would be a two on one if Blade were still okay. Sebastian looked pissed off once again, he believed that it was his Magby and Elekid's fault for getting them into this situation by running off without him, next time that he sees the pair they'll have what's coming for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Oct 12 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #17

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

The boss poacher looked at his ally for a moment, before speaking in a voice that suggested he wasn't your normal villanous poacher but rather more of a high-class educated individual. Just the fact that he used proper English was probably enough to make most detectives scratch their heads and wonder where he was from and why he had resorted to a life of crime.

"If she gets away she could find someone to help her, and give away our existence. And even if she and her Pokemon are useless trash, we can still always ransom them."

Picking up Scott by the back of his shirt, the boss continued, "You have one hour to bring her back to camp. If you aren't back in an hour, I'll send Absol to...... finish the job."

The female poacher shuddered. The boss hadn't needed to mention what else his Mega Absol would be finishing off if she didn't return in time.

However, not everything was going their way. As the female poacher began to turn to chase after Lucie and the boss began to start his journey back to their base of operations with his new prisoner and the Vulpix, two of the four Pokeballs on Scott's belt split open, releasing the pair of Eeveelutions contained within. One of them was the female Espeon from earlier, Scarlet; the other was Scarlet's brother, an Umbreon named Ebony.

As they were both telepaths, they both knew what to do without having to verbally communicate and tip off the poachers or that mutant Absol.

With a burst of speed, Ebony tackled the female poacher from behind as she walked away less than two seconds after appearing, knocking her to the ground as she shouted obscenities before continuing onwards in the direction Lucie had run off in. Ebony's specialty was in tracking and he was quite fast for an Umbreon, so it was only a matter of time until he found her.

Scarlet, meanwhile, simply glowed blue and then vanished into thin air.

"A teleporter!?!? Damn it!" The boss was furious, and he turned to the female poacher who was getting back on her feet.

"30 minutes. If you haven't caught her by then get back to camp quickly, or at least try and catch that Umbreon. That Espeon is going to go and find help, so we need to prepare to move out with our current haul."

As his word was law, the female poacher quickly moved off in pursuit of Lucie and Ebony, still swearing at her sudden loss of luck. Meanwhile, the boss dragged Scott and carried Ruby away while speaking into a radio, presumably to even more poachers.

The boss's Pokemon all followed him, with one exception...... his Umbreon moved after the female poacher. He had fought a male Eevee back on Mt. Arasam and had unfinished business with poor Ebony.

In reality, the poachers had vastly overestimated Scarlet's teleporting ability. While someone who only rarely had contact with teleporters could easily imagine her teleporting all the way back to one of Fidona's Ranger Stations, she was actually very limited in the distance she could travel (currently about 13 feet) and the farther the jump, the more energy it took from her. She could only make a few max-distance teleports in between periods of rest.

As a result, she had only teleported far enough to get behind a large tree, out of view of the poachers.

She had little hope at this point that her brother would escape. Knowing him, he'd probably chase down that pudgy girl and then try to protect her and get taken down. But at least he'd be taken back to Scott if that happened. She also had no faith in that girl finding help anytime soon even with Ebony protecting her.

Which meant she was Scott's only hope.

After a few moments to catch her breath, she vanished once again in search of a reliable ally who might be able to save the day.

Ebony dashed as fast as he could, using Quick Attack here and there to give him extra boosts of speed. When her life was in danger, the girl he was chasing seemed surprisingly fast. Then again, she also had a head start on him......

Behind him, he could hear at least one of the poachers crashing through the forest like a battering ram, cussing whenever she cur herself on thorns. He was slowly outrunning her, but the noise she created also meant that he could't tell if there were any Pokemon with her.

He was also gaining ground on Lucie at a surprising rate, and within a couple of minutes he caught up to her.

In front of them was a river nearly a hundred feet wide. The waters of the river were only moving slowly, but somehow, Ebony didn't think this big female human could swim real well......

He looked from the girl back towards the direction they had come from. They had only a couple minutes before the female poacher arrived.

Ebony wasn't the friendliest of Umbreon, but in this instance he had no choice but to try and talk to the girl.

He walked up closer to her, ignoring anything she screamed at him (in case she mistook him for the Umbreon belonging to the poacher boss, even though Ebony had a vest just like Scott's other Pokemon), and stopped when he was within about four feet of her. That was around the distance his telepathy worked at.

Unlike Scarlet, he wasn't real good with human words and could really only communicate with pictures.

So he sent a mental image of a "no swimming" sign, except with the "no" replaced with "yes" and with a question mark at the end. So essentially, he gave her a mental image of a yellow sign with a stick figure swimming and a caption that read, "Yes swimming?"

He clearly wasn't going to be winning any communication contests, but as long as she could figure out what he was trying to ask......

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 12 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Why, oh why did today have to be so exhausting? Running after Pecan, getting scared to death half a dozen times, running away from some crazy skeletal girl and now, a river. For such a thin woman, that poacher was running really fast and sounded much bigger than she actually was… maybe the Scizor was the one doing the work. Either way, Lucie was now in front of a fairly wide river, completely out of breath. She was still holding on to her dear Litleo, the other pokémon being on her head or shoulders.

“Running… should… should be banned…” she muttered to herself, gasping for air, before noticing the Umbreon approaching her. As always, she got scared and stepped back a bit; she didn’t know what the vest was for, and that big man did have an Umbreon earlier, so it was hard to blame her for getting scared for once.

“Get… I said get a… a-away from me! I… I didn’t… I-I…” Lucie started, but she interrupted herself as her voice got shaky. She almost started crying, but before she could strange images popped up in her head. Was this Umbreon doing this? Did it… want her to drown? Lucie’s mood once again teetered between rage and sadness.

“A-Are you… Are you crazy?! Of course I… I can’t swim you… you… stupid dog! I-I’m… I’m not made for any of this! Ev… Even if I… Even if I could, I’d never p-put Peanut in water! If you… If you think I would, then you’re ins- AAAAHH!”

That damned Scizor burst out of bushes behind the Umbreon, causing Lucie to let out a fearful shriek once more. Pecan and Praline covered their sensitive ears while Pistache rubbed against her cheek in a vain attempt to calm her master down. Letting its terrifying cry loose for the world to hear, the Scizor got into an aggressive fighting stance as its master emerged with her Gurdurr and Heliolisk, not looking too pleased.

“You’re comin’ with me, lass. You and your pokémon and the Ranger pooch. Easy way or hard way, your choice,” she said plainly, yet her tone clearly indicated a lack of patience. It was strange, but Lucie, who was much bigger than this woman in every way imaginable, was being bullied by her; felt intimidated, even. There wasn’t much intimidating about this woman: she looked like a malnourished gothic raccoon, but the wicked aura she gave off rubbed Lucie the wrong way.

No answer.

“I ain’t got much time, lass. Either you come with me or I get rid of your pokémon one by one until you do, pooch included,” the poacher said, her heavy accent grating Lucie’s ears. The portly girl started breathing harshly, panicking for nth time today, perhaps even hyperventilating. She couldn’t swim, and why would she? She barely went outside for 19 years; swimming and physical activity that didn’t involve food or TV were beyond her field of interest. She took a small step back, nearly falling into the river. Courageously yet foolishly, Pecan, Praline and Pistache stood their ground with Ebony.

Then, the poacher snapped her fingers and pointed at Pecan and Praline. “Rock Throw,” she ordered her Gurdurr, who complied and started throwing boulders at the much weaker pokémon. Afterwards, she snapped her other hand’s fingers and pointed at Pistache. “Thunder Shock,” she ordered her Heliolisk, who imitated his allies and complied immediately. “Fury Cutter,” the poacher finally ordered, pointing at Ebony. Her scarred Scizor made another metallic cry as its pincers started glowing a deep red. “And don’t you dare kill any of them, they could be worth a few grands, especially the fat lass.”

Lucie could only stammer helplessly as she watched her beloved pokémon get pelted with boulders and electrocuted. Her eyes welled up with tears once more. It didn't take long for Praline, Pistache and Pecan to get knocked out by the vastly more powerful pokémon's attacks. Just like the poacher had said, her pokémon were falling one by one and she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Now all that was left was that Umbreon wearing that dumb-looking vest... And the Scizor was about to unleash a flurry of Fury Cutters at it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Oct 13 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

"Manera, use Thunder Wave on Nidoran! Pede-erpat, Poison Sting on Paras!" Kaya wasn't going to let the poacher have the first move, not in a situation like this. She was scared, but she was also excited. From the start she was yelling her orders, bouncing on the balls of her feet out of a need to move. Battles were so exciting!

Pede-erpat and Manera rushed to execute their attacks. Pede-erpat ran up to Paras and jabbed it with a poison stinger. It was clear Paras wasn't a huge fan of poison; it cringed and scuttled. Manera hadn't been as successful as Pede-erpat. Her Tunderwave attack harmlessly hit a tree as Nidoran ducked put of the way.

"Paras, you coward!" the poacher rasped. "Get back in there and use stun spore. Nidoran, use peck." Paras obeyed and scattered its spores in the air. Manera and Pede-erpat backed out of the way. Kaya smiled at her appearant luck. It hadn't registered that there was nothing between herself and Nidoran.

Kaya shreiked and jumped to the side and the nidoran chared straight at her. Its horn scraped the side of her leg, as it ran past, but at least it hadn't done any worse damage. Manerra, noticing what was going on , Quick Attacked the Nidoran, knocking it away from Kaya before it could charge again.

"Thanks, 'nera." Kaya said. "Be careful, you two. I don't know what those guys'll try." Kaya had been so focused on the trainer with the two pokemon that she'd forgotten that she'd been jumped by two men. She heard a triumphant cacke behind her and turned around, remembering the second poacher.
If Kaya's reflexes had been any slower, the second poacher's Poocheyenna would have likely ripped her throat out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Oct 13 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #20

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Pinsir was relentless in it's attack on Blade, it clearly looked to be ignoring its trainers orders not to finish the mantis pokemon off. It was thanks to the disobedience of Pinsir that Jaws was able to sink his cold-infused teeth into the hard shell of the stag beetle pokemon. The tight vice like grip that Pinsir had been holding onto Blade with was now relinquishing its power, enough to allow the damaged looking mantis pokemon to escape. The man holding the knife looked pissed by the fact that his Pinsir had ignored his command and Sebastian couldn't help himself but to poke fun at his face which had boiled a deep red color, similar to that of a tomato,

"Looks like your all talk Mr. Big Shot, your face is so red that I almost mistook you big ugly head for a Voltorb."

Sebastian's snarly remark only served the heighten the mans anger as he raised his knife and pointed it towards Seb,

"Don't tempt me you little twit, the boss ain't gonna be to happy when I drag your dead body back to camp!"

The anger was obviously clouding the mans thoughts as he had given away that he was working for someone and that they had set-up camp nearby. A snickering laugh could be heard coming from Sebastian as well as a smirk on his face as the young adult was having a nice time, not only was he getting some valuable training for his pokemon, but he was also getting the chance to make a mockery out of someone else. Sebastian had bought Blade enough time to recover from most of the damage Pinsir's vice grip had done to him and was now ready to take it and its owner down.

"Alright Jaws, Water Gun on the stupid beetle! Blade you use Quick Attack!"

Jaws the Totodile raised his head towards the sky for a few moments as he focused his concentration onto preparing his Water Gun attack, nearby Blade begun to dash across the dirt path until his speed reached the level were the mantis pokemon would disappear and re-appear closer to it's target, Pinsir. The stag beetle pokemon did not move from the spot it was standing in, however it looked to be in a state of concentration and was timing its next move. The ragged looking trainer seemingly looked paranoid now that the tables had turned and the battle was now a two on one after he had the advantage by ambushing Blade, still his anger was clouding the mans thoughts and was clearly leading to him saying some downright stupid stuff.

"This is your first and last chance Pinsir, fuck it up and I'll finish you off two."

& vs.

'Blade the Scyther' and 'Jaws the Totodile' vs. Poacher's Pinsir

Pinsir uses Vice Grip on Blade!
Jaws uses Ice Fang on Pinsir!
Pinsir uses Focus Energy!
Jaws is attempting to use Water Gun on Pinsir!
Blade is attempting to use Quick Attack on Pinsir!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.