Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
525 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Savior Project, Saving eggs one step at a time!
Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 8 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Member of the Evil League of Evil.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 277

NA

Well, the new 36 hours to death thing has gotten people spooked. What are the poor abandoned eggs going to do? Let's face it, many of them are not popular at all.

So, here is where we come in!

This is sort of like the Evil Project, on the DC Forums. We will adopt Shelter pokemon, hatch them, and then release them into the Shelter! People don't want to take the time to hatch eggs, but not many people are going to let a pokemon bouncing around the Shelter get away! Who knows, maybe someone will even be able to snag their dream pokemon, because of us!

The Goal

Our goal is to help clear out the Shelter of its unwanted eggs, and to help other users get already-hatched pokemon for their Dex. We want to help save the eggs from an untimely death!

How It Works

First, you sign up on our Savior List. Then, you nab as many eggs from the Shelter as you can or want. You hatch them, then release them into the Shelter for others to catch. You must post a link to the Pokémon you released. (It's preferred you post the egg first, then post again when you release) You will be given points for each Pokémon you do. We will have a Top Three Saviors list as well. Prizes will be given out, in the form trophy egg for your signature.

Each competition will begin on the ninth day of the month, and end on the last day of the month. There will be an eight-day space in between, where people can work on filling their dexes instead of the project. Prizes will be given out during this break period, and points will be reset. Becaus of that new members to the group can still earn their way to the top. (If you want, you can request that I save your total points to a Word Document each month, and add them together to tell you your total score overall.)

Rules

* The Pokemon you catch/hatch/release MUST be from the Shelter.

* They should be a common egg, or one that has been there for at least ten refreshes.

* When you release it, post here about what it was, and when you released it, so I can add you to the list.

* I will be checking around to make sure the eggs are not obtained before a certain date. Eggs must be obtained either the day the competition for the month begins, or the days afterwards. That means you can't catch eggs, raise them to maturity, and wait until the competition starts to release them and get ahead. To ensure you are getting them on the correct date, you must include a link to the pokemon, so that I can check it. The verifiers will be checking as well when this thread is more popular, and they will PM me if they spot any dishonesty.

* Feel free to give out clicks to the adopted eggs to help them on their way. You can tell their caretakers that you have done so if you want to. However, you must NOT ask for clicks for your eggs. That will result in the loss of points (and yes, it is possible to go into negatives).

Point System

Step count - Points given
1280 - 1
2560 - 2
3840 - 3
5120 - 5
6400 - 6
7680 - 7
8960 - 8
10240 - 9
20480 - 5
30720 - 3

(Legendary eggs and novelties don't need saving, so they are worth less points.)

The Verifers

People who can verify that you have adopted an egg from the Shelter at the appropriate time. They also record releases.

1. Demi
2. Lady Entei
3. Psychic Nate
4. Kokuen
5. Professor Layton
6. Gilda
7. AngelFeathers

The List (click to show)

The Top Saviors (click to show)

FAQ (click to show)

Feel free to post comments, suggestions, a smiley face...anything you want! You can chat about the project as well. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Demigod: Sep 4 2009, 06:22 PM

--------------------

Would you like to fear warm this egg?
I'd Like to Thank You and You and You (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 8 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

NA

I will go ahead and reserve this space as well. Perhaps the past winners will be posted here.

Logos/Banners/Amazing Things

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s346/lolcatslookie/Mewhalo.png[/img]
[/url]

Halomew by Lady Entei

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/darklord_guy/saviorproject3.png[/img][/url]

Banner with Halomew by DLG (DarkLord Guy)

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s346/lolcatslookie/Blissey.png[/img][/url]

Savior Blissey by Lady Entei

[
CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/Renaethecat/SaviorProjecttag.png[/IMG][/url]

Banner by Shia the Palkia

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/LuxordTheGambler/SAVIOURPROJECT-PINKcopy.png[/img][/url]

Banner by Professor Layton

CODE
[url=http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310][img]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/Suzukigiratina/thesaviorproject.png[/img][/url]

Banner requested by Lunastar, created for the thread by Suzuki

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/_Metalseadramon/Userbars/layton2.png[/img][/url]

Banner by Ulqiorra Cifer

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/_Metalseadramon/Userbars/layton1.png[/img][/url]

Banner by Ulqiorra Cifer

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/_Metalseadramon/Userbars/lay.gif[/img][/url]

Banner by Ulqiorra Cifer

CODE
[url="http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=12310"][img]http://i31.tinypic.com/dvhwya.jpg[/img][/url]

Banner by RheaDark

This post has been edited by epiDemic: Jul 16 2009, 02:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pikachew
post Jun 8 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 257

Active Squad

I wanna join I wanna join I wanna join! blargagh.gif
I already started getting batches of eggs from the shelter yesterday and today's my second batch! grin.gif

However, I do not, DO NOT abandon the Pokemon that come from the eggs we save.
+Quote Post

Gilda
post Jun 8 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #4

Total Geek
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 854

Oldschool Squad

I wanna join~

I can also help with the banners/trophies if you want.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 8 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

NA

Gilda, that would be very much appreciated. Glad to see some life in my thread. grin.gif

Pikachew, we haven't technically started yet. I want to start at like five members, because it would be too easy to start with three members; all three members would already hold the Top Three Saviors positions.

Do you hoard Shelter pokemon? Or are you working on your dex? Because mainly the eggs I want to save are ones that our workers already have, so they won't be tempted to keep them. wink.gif

Although, I suppose that you could keep them, it would just take away like half the points you earn...since the goal is to save eggs and give them to new owners, at the same time. So you would still get points from doing so, but not as many as you would giving the pokemon to happy new owners. happy.gif

I'll add you both to the list.

This post has been edited by Demi: Jun 8 2009, 01:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DoggyEars
post Jun 8 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Fire and Flames~
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 414

~<3

I want to join~

At the moment, I'm breeding Charmander eggies in hopes of a shiny, so I may not hatch and release as many as everyone esle. I will, though, release all my non shiny Charmanders wink.gif

Also, a suggestion. for the point/competition thingy, the eggs should have to be obtained after a certain date (like they can't have been picked up before the day the points started counting) so there'll be no holding Pokemon to be released for extra points.

And question. If I pick up one of my own Charmander eggs from the shelter, hatch and release them, will they still give me points? XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Xdogking
post Jun 8 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #7

Would you care for some Bone-Meringue Pie?
Group Icon

From: Making Bone-Meringue Pie for Marowak and Octillery.
Member No.: 24 166

Team EpicSauce

I want to help...

I won't be able to do this all of the Time, but I will devote 2 Party Spots for this Cause.

--------------------

Extended Team EpicSauce.

+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 8 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

NA

I will add you both to the list. grin.gif

Lady Entei, that is a good idea. I will add it to the rules. wink.gif

This makes five members, so I think we can start. Tomorrow sound good?

I will have to check all of the eggs though, to make sure people are honest, and that's a lot of work. Lady E, wanna be my personal helper? Since I know you from Shiro's thread. XD

This post has been edited by Demi: Jun 8 2009, 04:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DoggyEars
post Jun 8 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #9

Fire and Flames~
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 414

~<3

QUOTE(Demi @ Jun 8 2009, 04:41 PM) *
I will have to check all of the eggs though, to make sure people are honest, and that's a lot of work. Lady E, wanna be my personal helper? Since I know you from Shiro's thread. XD

Sure XD

I was wondering if you were going to check or not. Sadly, it usually isn't a good idea to leave it up to honesty. I can't remember if you metioned it in the rules or not, but it would help to have everyone include links to the Pokemon they're posting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Xdogking
post Jun 8 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #10

Would you care for some Bone-Meringue Pie?
Group Icon

From: Making Bone-Meringue Pie for Marowak and Octillery.
Member No.: 24 166

Team EpicSauce

I agree with that.

I wasn't thinking and already got two eggs for this, but that's okay. I'll just hatch them so I have more space...lol.

--------------------

Extended Team EpicSauce.

+Quote Post

Rainyaviel
post Jun 8 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 14 527

~My Pkmn Blue Team~

Hmm... If my dex was more complete than it is right now I would join but... maybe in a few weeks or so after I've gotten most of my dex complete and some of my favorites from the lab already. I like having 1st gen pokemon to breed with happy.gif
*adds thread to her favorites for later joining*

--------------------

~*~ If the best things in life are free why are books so expensive? ~*~

>>My Party<<

If I have spaces open and you are trying to get SN feel free to send a PM!
+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 8 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

NA

Alright Rainy (may I call you that?) just post when you want to join. happy.gif

And I seem to have forgotten to include that, thanks for the heads-up, Lady.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mousekiro
post Jun 9 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #13

Bad Fan-Fic Writer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 10 105

Soulsilver Team

I'm in! Not so much for the competition as for my own satisfaction, but I'm in. The eggs I currently have in my signature are my own, but once they hatch (soon please?) I'll get started with this.
Edit: All three hatched. Here I go!

When you say "common" eggs, do you mean only the ones that have "common" in their dex listing? People won't always know what those are...

This post has been edited by Mousekiro: Jun 9 2009, 08:56 AM

--------------------
Barring emergencies, Lucy and Fae will always be in my party.
You don't have to click them, though they always appreciate visitors!
+Quote Post

Silversahde0
post Jun 9 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 177

Diamond Team

I'll join!!! I never go to the lab when finding a egg and when I end up trying to find one I want I end up grabbing one I already have.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 9 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

NA

By "common," I mean eggs that seem to appear in the lab most often. Dratinis, although they are supposed to be rare, tend to stick in the Shelter because they take so long to hatch. So even though Dratini is supposed to be rare, you could still adopt one for this project (and make someone darn happy, too!).

I will add you two to the list.

Also, I have added something else to the "How It Works" section! Competitions will begin on the ninth day of each month, and end on the last day of the month. That means there will be eight days in between, where the competition will not be running. On those days, you can chillax and work on filling out your dex. The prizes will be given out then as well. happy.gif

Since the competition has started today, remember to post all of the eggs you catch here for me and/or Lady Entei to check! Sorry, but we have to be careful. happy.gif

Also, a new rule added: you can click each others eggs and tell each other you have done so, but you CANNOT ask for clicks for your eggs. If you do so, you will lose points, which may result in you even going into negatives, since we just started. So...don't do it. :p

This post has been edited by Demi: Jun 9 2009, 09:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 9 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

NA

I am going to double-post so that I can post the eggs as I receive them. Lady Entei, feel free to check my eggs. :p

I do realize there is a Zangoose egg in my party. I will release it, but it won't count in the competition, because it already had a crack in it and several clicks, so it wouldn't exactly be fair. The Zangoose is just an egg I could use for my dex, but still release it to make people happy. No points for me. :p

Added another egg, a Riolu egg. If it happens to be shiny or female, I will keep it, otherwise it is gonna be released. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Demi: Jun 9 2009, 10:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pikachew
post Jun 9 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Demi @ Jun 9 2009, 09:01 AM) *
By "common," I mean eggs that seem to appear in the lab most often. Dratinis, although they are supposed to be rare, tend to stick in the Shelter because they take so long to hatch. So even though Dratini is supposed to be rare, you could still adopt one for this project (and make someone darn happy, too!).

Also, I have added something else to the "How It Works" section! Competitions will begin on the ninth day of each month, and end on the last day of the month. That means there will be eight days in between, where the competition will not be running. On those days, you can chillax and work on filling out your dex. The prizes will be given out then as well. happy.gif

Since the competition has started today, remember to post all of the eggs you catch here for me and/or Lady Entei to check! Sorry, but we have to be careful. happy.gif

Does it count as an egg today if we got it yesterday but hasn't hatched it yet?
+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 9 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

NA

QUOTE(Pikachew @ Jun 9 2009, 10:08 AM) *

No, sorry. It gives you an advantage if you got it yesterday, because it probably has clicks. That would be unfair to everyone else, who started today. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pikachew
post Jun 9 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Demi @ Jun 9 2009, 09:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Pikachew @ Jun 9 2009, 10:08 AM) *

No, sorry. It gives you an advantage if you got it yesterday, because it probably has clicks. That would be unfair to everyone else, who started today. sad.gif

Okay. dry.gif Just kidding. :P
+Quote Post

Demi Got Tiger
post Jun 9 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

NA

happy.gif

You are the one not releasing any pokemon, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

525 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 10:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.