Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is mankind a bad species?, Discuss your answers here
Sharkosaurus
post Apr 27 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #1

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

Topic is open to every human here!

Do you think mankind, humans, are a bad species to our earth?
Would it have been better without us humans?
Do you think the Earth would have been more peaceful or beautiful without us?

Discuss your answers here.
--------------------------------------------------
Personally, I think humanity is a threat to Earth.
Why do I think we are a bad species?
We wage war against each other, making ourselves extinct.

Lazy people un-helping the enviroment, by polluting the waters, animal poaching, and maybe even more.
This is only my opinion, but I believe we are a plague, we just need to change our ways.

This post has been edited by King of Disaster: Apr 16 2011, 04:11 AM

--------------------
ayy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Natasha Romanoff
post Apr 27 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #2

I only act like I know everything.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 38 923

Antimatter

I don't think the human race is "bad" in any way. When you break it down to bare human nature, humans and animals do the same things, both good and bad.

I think that, because the human race population has suddenly skyrocketed over the last hundred years, we are naturally more "wasteful" than other creatures. Normally, Mother Nature usually controlls these sudden growths of the population with disease, and such, but because we've gotten so advanced with medicine and with technology itself, we've been allowed to grow to such an outrageous number. [note: I'm not saying that we should all die in a plague xD]

Anyways, I view humans as part of the animal kingdom. Without us the world would be different.

I think humans just need to learn to live more with the environment and less in the bubble of technology and science.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Deep Blue
post Apr 27 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 89 258

Active Squad

The human race is not bad. It is capable of both great compassion and great destruction. It recently has been leaning more towards destruction, but that doesn't mean that the whole race is "bad".

Aquene is right. We need to learn to live more with the enviorment.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 27 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #4

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

As living creatures, we have faults that we aren't proud of. Sure we don't like that we are causing all this trouble to our planet, at least some of us, and are trying to correct it as well as possible. We are always told that we are the smartest species, but we have much to learn. We caused all these problems and it's our fault. Not stopping to think before we acted caused this and it's up to us to step up to the plate and fix it but if we had never come, then this problem would have never arose. Yet the world is not perfect and in other ways the world would turn out the same. It's fate, the means that we get there can be changed in an instant so we aren't really bad but we aren't to perfect yet.

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Apr 28 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #5

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

The Day the Earth Stood Still with Ted Theodore Logan brought up a good point in that since the Earth was one of the few planets that could sustain advanced life (in the movie, he talked in absolutes), steps should be taken to preserve it, but that raises another question...

Why would you rid a planet of its most advanced species of ife for the sake of keeping the planet around to produce advanced species of life? It's like reseting your pokemon game so you can "get all 8 badges" when you've already beaten the game. Not only is it pointless, and redundant, but it's oh so inefficient, and a complete waste of time and effort. Instead, why don't you teach the advanced life to stop fucking the planet up so it can keep living there?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Apr 28 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #6

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Yes, of course we're a bad species. I do believe that the human-kind is full of people that care nothing for the environment and treat other animals like objects/toys, but I do believe that we still have a lot to learn and we'll eventually find a way fix our mistakes and maybe even better the world. I believe that's one of the more important things we have to learn is how to...well, not have a negative effect on the environment.

Ether that, or the whole planet can become a machine. The machines can give us air, meat, etc. Then again, that's probably an unrealistic thought.

<Insert a bunch of unrelated ideas of the future here>

Anyways, I don't like the idea of the world becoming so over populated that the creation of babies is controlled.

This post has been edited by JohnRichard1991: Apr 28 2010, 06:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Natasha Romanoff
post Apr 28 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #7

I only act like I know everything.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 923

Antimatter

QUOTE(JohnRichard1991 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Ether that, or the whole planet can become a machine. The machines can give us air, meat, etc. Then again, that's probably an unrealistic thought.

I don't know. The way the human race is getting more and more dependent on technology and machines it could easily turn out that way. There are already machines that can provide us with air, and people have been able to genetically modify certain animals (like pigs and such) to carry multiple vitamins in their blood-stream...

Anyways, people just need to learn to be able to pull themselves away from technology and machinery, and open their eyes to the world beneath their feet.

and stop making machines that make people live forever, but instead make machines to make a person's quality of life better... Seriously, in the next fifty years people will be living until they are 200 or something

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Apr 28 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #8

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Aquene @ Apr 28 2010, 04:48 PM) *
QUOTE(JohnRichard1991 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:40 PM) *

I don't know. The way the human race is getting more and more dependent on technology and machines it could easily turn out that way. There are already machines that can provide us with air, and people have been able to genetically modify certain animals (like pigs and such) to carry multiple vitamins in their blood-stream...

Anyways, people just need to learn to be able to pull themselves away from technology and machinery, and open their eyes to the world beneath their feet.

and stop making machines that make people live forever, but instead make machines to make a person's quality of life better... Seriously, in the next fifty years people will be living until they are 200 or something

In triggering the Telomere gene, Genetecists could be able to make both the quality, and length of life better.

So yeah...You wanna modify your wish a little bit?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Apr 29 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(Aquene @ Apr 28 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Oh boy, now we're gettin' a little off topic here. After this, I don't plan to respond to anymore posts in this topic.

Anyways, the use of animals for food has always been a bit of a paranoia for me in certain areas. I don't care if you put healthy vitamins into my food, but genetically modifying the animal itself like it's food from the moment it's born seems a bit pointless in my eyes. I also don't like the idea of putting hormones and antibiotics into food. It's a Pizza the moment it comes out of the oven, not when you put your fists into the dough!

I actually do like the idea of making a person's quality of life better to an extent, but if you think of it in a certain way (possibly the wrong way), we come to the issue of over-population. I think I can live with 150, but not 200. I have no idea why, I probably need to put more thought into this. Anyways, I would ether like people to continue dying at the same rate, or find another planet (or, planets) that we can live on.

Now we come back to the idea of the planet becoming one big machine. I think I can agree on making uninhabited planets into machines, or we can just make a new planet from scratch. Again, that's probably an unrealistic thought.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tibbar
post Apr 30 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 93 980

Heart Gold

I think we are both a threat to earth and not, because we do bad things to the enviroment but we don't mean to. smugnod.gif
I think if we would help the enviroment recover then we wont be a threat to the earth anymore. grin.gif

... Hey..... i'm going to start a topic about that, even if it is boring or something. I want to help the earth. lets see if anyone else will, too.

--------------------

I loves Me some Shayminz.

Look it's my Easter Buneary on gpx+!
+Quote Post

Dubstep
post May 6 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #11

BLARGAGH
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 511

Ghosties

It's natural for a species to take from the planet. MOTHER Earth provides, but we push her pretty hard.

It's just when a species develops too fast to foresee the consequences, and then many members of the society are or are raised as self-centered materialistic bastards (and that attitude is pushed), that you have a problem. The problem isn't that humanity is in and of itself bad for the planet, it's that the way most of us are currently living, manufacturing, etc, is bad for the planet and we're sort of set in our ways.

A lot of progress has been made, so it's not like it's a hopeless scenario.

As for technology, I don't think it's a bad thing. It helps us and it entertains us, but it can be addicting and people have been known to get carried away with it...

--------------------
:V
+Quote Post

TeamBlast
post May 6 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #12

Web Designer
Group Icon

From: Inside the internet, maintaining websites, and usually here.
Member No.: 38 513

My "Dream" Team

There is a cycle. Look it up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gati
post May 7 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

When people say "bad for the planet/Earth" it's basically saying bad for other species including us, keep in mind that the planet can care less because it doesn't processes thoughts, its basically a thing (yes everything and anything is a thing but you know what I mean), and the planet will still be in this solar system until the sun runs out of energy or if it ever smashes with another planet.

As for humans being a bad species.. it depends how you look at it.

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Spearow
post May 9 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #14

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

no. for one thing I don't really know what you mean by "bad". I don't think anything, individuals or groups of individuals, is inherently "bad" in the sense of being destined for an evil purpose or whatever

But anyway, as some others may have said or touched on, humans are only guilty of doing what every other organism on the planet does - attempting to ensure their survival and the survival of their offspring - and accomplishing it a little too well, to the point where we are endangering resources etc etc

to accuse past generations, or the human species in general, of being "self-centered" and "stupid" is basically to reprimand them for not being able to collectively predict the future, which is a ridiculous expectation for anyone. Even now when the Earth seems a much smaller place and we seem to be able to analyze environmental phenomena much more thoroughly, only time can tell where we will be in the future. We might be wrong about everything we think about our place in the global ecosystem right now, just like our ancestors were wrong before us.

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

SamanthaNatalie
post May 16 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 63 443

Active Squad

As of now, we're bad. We are the only race that kills each other for sport/no reason of all. All animals respect the planet, we treat it as a garbage bin.
+Quote Post

DrerAhv
post May 16 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 720

First and Foremost

Humans are neither good nor bad. Just overpopulated and oblivious.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 16 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #17

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

We're responsible for a lot of things "wrong" with this planet, but that doesn't make us bad. Earth might be better off without us, but the point of existing is to keep existing and that's exactly what we're doing. We're fulfilling the role nature gave us.

I don't even think the idea of humans being "bad" for the planet could have come up until factories and environmental problems started appearing like 300 years ago or something. We just need to be more careful about the pointless and inadvertent harm we're causing towards the rest of life.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ogre
post May 20 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 583

My motley crew...

Humanity is very bad. Humanity goes to bed tonight without it's supper!

Humanity is more like True Neutral. I consider myself Chaotic Neutral. I've never known any "Good" or "Bad" people in my life, but I'm sure they exist, somewhere.
+Quote Post

TTD
post May 20 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #19

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

The Human race is not evil, but, simply blind to truth, confused, and needs to learn before it's too late.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ogre
post May 20 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 583

My motley crew...

QUOTE(Blighted Omerta @ May 20 2010, 06:59 PM) *
The Human race is not evil, but, simply blind to truth, confused, and needs to learn before it's too late.

I don't believe in a "human race" - I believe in individuals who are blind to truth, and individuals who need to learn before it's too late. People are far too varied in both experience and temperment to lump us all into one category.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.