Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Lackadaisical Repose and Leery Rascals at Loch Ranch
Toogee
post Aug 13 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Pan’s Blog: Entry #7)
Departing from Arasam

I’m on the road once more, so this is being written in my journal. Douken and I had a great time in Arasam. At Lima’s request, we tried the local contest hall and made it into the finals! We didn’t do too bad for a couple of first-timers, but the hall leader Troy still managed to beat our pokemon in battle. Turnip hasn’t lost too many battles before this, but he seems to be taking it well. I think it was shown on TV somewhere, so I won’t bore you with the details.

I had other motives to enter that contest. A little birdie told me that Troy was seeing my best friend, Darryn. I went to see what this guy was all about. Darryn, if you’re reading this, he seems pretty nice, but if that night was any indication, you should keep him away from any exotic beverages. And ponyta-drawn carriages. And cliffs.

The next day, Douken challenged the local gym leader Otis. Otis had a beautiful shiny charmeleon; I would have loved to gotten a closer look at the gold coloring. The charmeleon had a bad attitude though, common to the species (that’s what the nature documentaries say at least). He even attacked his own teammates! That helped Douken a lot, resulting in his first badge. From there, we hitched a ride on a hot-air balloon down Mt. Carello and have been hiking our way to the next destination.

Speaking of which, we’re on our way to Petropolis. Professor Stone said he wanted me at the museum for a “surprise,” while Douken is going for his second badge. I hear it’s a huge city, even bigger than Saffron City! It’ll certainly be a change from the wild areas I’ve been to so far.

I’ll let you guys know when I come into Petropolis.

Until next time,
Pan

Pan put her journal away as she lay back upon her venusaur Turnip. The hefty size of the pokemon allowed his trainer to take a rest upon his back while he continued the journey. Turnip wasn’t complaining: he liked having his human close by and found her leg rubbing against his neck quite soothing.

The group was traveling a worn dirt path after getting off the hot-air balloon. That was quite some time ago; Pan and Douken had to spend a couple nights outdoors as they traveled the long path to Petropolis.

Aside from the occasional passersby staring in awe of Pan’s venusaur, not much had happened on the journey. That was until they reached the top of a hill. The woman leaned up to see a wire fence with a wood frame stretching across the countryside. On the other side of the fence, herds of tauros and miltank were out grazing, dotting the green fields with brown and pink. Farther out was a group of buildings. Two appeared to be houses: one was a spacious two-story, while the other was a cozy one-story. The final building covered more square area than the two houses combined, but Pan couldn’t tell what purpose it served. All the buildings shared the same rustic appearance of old wood exteriors and tin roofs.

Interrupting the wire fence was an old wooden archway, providing entrance to the peaceful area. The black letters along the top of the arch revealed the identity of this new place.

“Loch Ranch,” Pan read aloud. “Hey Douken, do you know anything about this place?”

She turned her head around to see where Douken happened to be.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 13 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Not much happening did not mean nothing happened. During the walk, Douken had his Duskull and Growlithe out, the puppy walking beside him and the Duskull having comfort on his head, sneaking her way though his thoughts as he thought about them. "Why are you thinking about nicknames?" the Requiem Pokemon asked curiously to him.

"Well, we have Rusty now, and it would feel a little weird to have someone with a specific name, but not the others. Besides, wouldn't you prefer it over me calling you Duskull over and over again?"

"But I do have a name. Its Reeparnos Qan Gazile," she told him, chuckling over the long name.

"Yeah, that's too much of a mouthful for me, and i would be sure to forget it. Does Reep work?"

"If you insist on it. Still, it would of been funny watching you get tongue tied over it," she chuckled again, Douken laughing with her.

"Still, if you had a specific name when you were around, what about you, Growlithe?" he asked, looking over the pup. He couldn't say the same for Croagunk and Seel, though. They were pretty much his children, so he doubted they had set names themselves.

The puppy looked at the question and gave a set of barks to respond, Duskull translating it as, "They called him Rufus at the Police Academy, or at least that's what he says."

"Rufus, eh? I like the sound of that."

It was then Pan interrupted his train of thought with the others as she pointed out the large ranch. Douken looked out and looked at the Miltank and Tauros out in the field grazing near the barn and smiled before answering her question. "From what I can tell, its a very large care facility, much larger than my parent's business. Still, most care facilities can act as a place for Pokemon to be held when they cannot hold more than their fare share, and its up to the caretakers to tend to the Pokemon. Some of them even help out with Pokemon eggs. Still, can't say i know a lot about here, myself, though i am sure a place this big could use some extra hands."

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 14 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

A noise woke Justin up the day after watching Tag's gym leader fight. His eyes remained closed as he thought about how great a day today was going to be. He was in his own bed, comfortable under the blankets, no job to speak of and that's all without mentioning the best part.

He opened his eyes to see Jill, wearing yesterday's clothes, tying her shoes. "You headin' out?" he asked.

"Oh," she seemed surprised that he was awake. "Y-yeah, I have school."

"Right, right," Justin nodded, as he sat up on the bed. There remained silence as she finished tying her left shoe. "Maybe later we can-"

"Justin," she seemed sympathetic as she spoke. "I'm not really looking for anything serious right now."

"Two nights in a row?" Justin asked, forming half a smile as Jill smiled and blushed.

"Well, you know, it's the weekend," she replied sharply. "You're great, though, Justin, really. We could hang out some more, but I just don't want to put a label on anything."

"You mean in case you meet someone better?" Justin asked.

"No th-"

"It's fine," Justin stood up and let the blanket fall to his feet. He preceded to walk Jill to his front door in awkward silence. He opened the door so that he wasn't in the doorway but Jill was.

"I didn't take you as the type so quick to commit," she said as she left. She waited in the hall of his apartment complex for him to say goodbye or something, but instead he just closed the door and made his way back to his bedroom and threw himself face down into the mattress.

When he heard his cell phone vibrate on the stand next to his bed, he muffled his grunts of anger into his pillow before picking up the phone. It was Nate Guzman, his Team Deception partner. "Yo," he said.

"Justin, whassap it's Nate."

"I know, what do you need?"

"We got a job, bro."

"When?"

"Saturday."

"Oh," he said this a little disappointed. That was in a week.

"Yeah, but it's in Arasam,"

"Why the hell did they give us a job in Arasam?"

"I don't know, dude," Nate replied. "Just get here."

"Here?" Justin asked. "What, are you already there?"

"Yeah,"

"Why?"

"None of your damn business," Nate's tone indicated he was joking, but only halfway, because it really wasn't any of Justin's damn business. "Just get here by Saturday morning."

"Fine, I'll call you when I get there and you can tell me where to meet you."

"Sure thing," Nate said. "Later, Justin,"

Justin didn't say bye or anything but just hung up. He was already in a bad mood and his dislike for Nate stacked with that, on top of having to go all the way to Arasam without a car. He had enough money for maybe a down payment on one, but he figured since he had a week, he might as well walk. It wouldn't be so terrible thanks to Hitmontop's power and skill.

So he got dressed, made some scrambled eggs, grabbed some snacks for the road and, of course, his pokeballs, and began walking east.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 14 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“In that case, let’s visit and see what this place is like. I could use a break from the road.”

Pan urged her venusaur to turn into the ranch area, passing under the archway. As they stepped onto the dirt path, it was as if they went back in time. The rustic style of the buildings were quite foreign to those still used to big cities. Even Pan, who was used to exploring around in the middle of nowhere, was taken aback by the outer appearances. This was almost in between human habitation and natural environment.

“This seems quite cozy,” Pan commented a young girl riding a ponyta crossed their path. The girl was only around twelve years old, so the ponyta didn’t seem to have much trouble carrying her around. She was certainly dressed to match the scenery: the girl wore blue denim overalls, a white blouse, a red scarf, and a cowboy hat and boots. Her pair of bright blond ponytails swayed from side to side behind her head. She looked on at the newcomers with her bright blue eyes.

“Well howdy folks! Welcum to ol’ Loch Ranch,” the girl greeted them in her thick rural accent. “My name’s Nessie. I reckin you folks are lookin’ for the daycare?”

“Actually, we were just passing through and were wondering what this place was,” Pan replied to the child.

“You wanna know ‘bout Loch Ranch? You ought to talk to Gramps and Granny. Have some breakfast!”

“Oh, we couldn’t intrude-”

“GRANNY! WE GOT COMPANY!”

Before Pan could reject the offer, Nessie was already waving the visitors towards one of the smaller houses. Turnip was following the girl’s ponyta, his stomach in control of their destination.

“I’ll be tying Sugar in,” Nessie told Pan and Douken, referring to her ponyta. “You guys go on ahead. Door’s open.”

“I guess a little breakfast wouldn’t hurt,” Pan told Douken as she dismounted Turnip. Pan directed the venusaur to stay outside while she ascended the staircase to the porch. Immediately, the door opened to reveal an older woman. Her gray hair and reading glasses identified her as Nessie’s grandmother. She wore a long denim skirt and brown sweater, even if it was quite warm for the morning. She had on a pair of oven mitts on, having just tended to breakfast.

“Hope y’all are hungry. We made quite a bit.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 15 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

It took trust to tame a Ponyta into riding its back, since the flames on the main at the crotch would be seriously painful, not matter who it was. Still, watching her ride it calmly seemed to show the cowgirl was comfortable in riding. "Thank you very much," he told her when it came to the meal.

Watching Pan hop off and the Venusaur taking it easy at the front door, Douken smiled as he let Pan in first, following afterwords to the dining room, where they met the woman in charge, and supposedly the girl's grandmother. "Thank you," he told her as well. Since the leave, they didn't have much to work with, mostly using what berries they could find or have on hand to make sandwiches. A warm breakfast sounded great.

"Don't worry, i am sure we can pay off the meal, right?" he asked as he took a couple of pancakes, alongside two links of sausage. Now, he wasn't sure how Pan was used to this kind of manual labor, but it was how Douken grew up. It was how he lived.

Taking the plate to the table, he pulled out the other three Pokeballs on his belt and released them, revealing the Croagunk, Seel, and Magnemite. "Alright everyone, chow time." With that, he pulled out a bag of Pokemon food with four bowls, pouring some into each before squeezing berry juice into each, each to their own like. Magnemite, however, didn't have one. Instead, all he did was pull out a AAA battery and held it to the magnet hand, which forced it to clip on. "Well, there goes the last of my supply there. Guess its good we got here so i can refill."

With his team chowing down, Douken decided to do the same, starting with the pancakes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 15 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As they went inside, Pan noticed that the Loch household was a bit more modern than the exterior would suggest. Though the furniture and décor had a rustic feel, there were still things like a TV, kitchen appliances, indoor plumbing, and air conditioning. The air conditioning was especially welcome; the temperature would rise rapidly as the hours passed.

As Pan entered the kitchen, she was greeted by a bounty of breakfast foods placed on a large round table. She immediately went to the pyramid of egg tacos, grabbing of them for herself. When she saw Douken feeding his pokemon, she too thought about bringing hers out. However, the kitchen was already getting cramped; adding more pokemon would make the room impassable.

Chi-Chi, however, was already out and intoxicated by all the smells and colors around her. The pachirisu’s head poked out of Pan’s vest, her paw coming out to point to a delicious bowl of melon chunks. Pan quickly scooped a bowl for the elesquirrel pokemon, who started to devour the fruit medley. The woman quickly looked up to see Mrs. Loch tossing tortillas out the window and into a certain venusaur’s mouth. She seemed to be having a good time playing edible Frisbee with Turnip.

“Your venusaur has quite the appetite,” Mrs. Loch commented. She then turned to Douken, who asked about working for the meal.

“Now that you mention it, a few of our ranch hands have called in sick today. We could use the extra hands. I’m sure my husband can fill you in when he gets downstairs.”

As she sat down at the booth-style seating area, Mrs. Loch poured herself a glass of milk and talked with her new guests.

“For now, why don’t y’all introduce yourselves? What brings you two all the way down here in the middle of nowhere?”

“Well, my name’s Pan, and I’m on my way to the Petropolis Museum. I’m sort of an intern, exploring all the hidden areas around Furoh for significant finds, particularly those involving ancient peoples.”

“An archaeologist of sorts? I can safely say we haven’t had one of those visit our home.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 15 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Something smelled just awful. He still had some distance before he got to Loch Ranch, his landmark to hang a left and head north towards Arasam, so it wasn't manure. Well, maybe it was, best not to jump to conclusions. Still, though, he hoped the smell would pass. Something told him otherwise, however. That something happened to be a rustle in the grass next to the path where he was walking. He couldn't see what it was, as the thick grass was taller, but as the thing came closer, the smell became stronger. Justin's right hand moved towards Hitmontop's pokeball, as was becoming second nature by that point.

His grip loosened, however, when the purple and brown face of some small rodent type pokemon poked its head onto the path. Justin smiled with relief. Of course, his fear begs the question of what he was expecting that was shorter than a few feet. Then again, maybe he should have remained fearful. Even rattata and pidgey are known to attack from wild grass. This thing was potentially a lot more dangerous, just by the smell of it.

"Hey buddy," he said, somewhat cautiously. The stunky waddled out onto the path and aggressively turned around and lifted its tail. "Whoa! No! No! Dude chill, holy shit!" He jumped back and tossed out Hitmontop, who landed on his head and spun as if he were already spinning the whole time. "Hit it. Uh, Mach Punch. Something. Fight!" Before Hitmontop moved forward to attack, though, a thick purple haze shot out at the spinning pokemon. Something came over him and Justin could tell he was in pain. This little rodent poisoned his best pokemon.

Before allowing this nonsense to go on any further, Justin called Hitmontop back. Of his other three pokemon, Nincada was hardly an option. She was adorable for sure, but lacked the strength to handle combat. Then there was Bonsly, who wasn't nearly as strong as Pinsir, but also didn't have a tendency to completely disregard direct orders. He wasn't about to put Bonsly in a position to be poisoned, though. And Pinsir would be more likely to defend itself against the stunky than to do something as self destructive as attacking its trainer. He didn't like the idea of releasing the shadow pokemon, but his options were limited.

Upon entering the battle, it charged the thing. The poison pokemon shot some more toxic venom, but Pinsir disregarded the pain. As it tackled, a purple aura emerged from him and knocked the rodent further back. He followed this up by gripping it with his pincers and squeezing until it was passed out. This was just the situation he was in a few days prior against Tag's nidorino. Pinsir had it locked in its horns and wouldn't release. Justin pulled out his pokeball and aimed it towards him, but wondered whether he should force him back or let him satiate his bloodlust. Maybe this was the only way to gain his trust.

Then he nearly punched himself for even thinking such a terrible thought. "Pinsir, I hate you so much." The pokeball's beam shot out and forced the shadow pokemon back inside as Stunky hit the earth. He decided that maybe it was best to leave it on the road so it would be less likely to be attacked. But really, if some meat eating pokemon found a free meal at the cost of the life of the smelliest beast on the planet who also happened to put Hitmontop's life in danger, it wouldn't bother Justin too much.

His next stop was, naturally, Loch Ranch, to see if he could get himself an antidote to Stunky's toxic. Without Hitmontop, his team was basically Bonsly, who was just so incredibly boring and Nincada, who could probably defend herself by digging and hiding, but would be pretty useless in protecting Justin. And then Pinsir, who didn't really count either. Any wild pokemon between his location and Loch Ranch was quickly disregarded as Justin sprinted his way there.

"Well howdy!" a little girl riding a ponyta greeted Justin as he approached, sweating like crazy. "You look-"

"Is there anywhere near here I could get an Antidote?" he interrupted her, panting as he spoke. "My Hitmontop's been poisoned. Oh yeah, and my Pinsir, but if you only have one, that's probably fine,"

"We got us a few of 'em," the girl said. "Follow me. Name's Nessie, by the way."

"Justin," he said, running after the Ponyta, who sped up when it realized Justin was pretty quick on his feet. She took him inside the regular house where Justin didn't even notice anyone else was home.

"Yep," she said as she opened up a case of a whole lot of pokemon items. Potions, antidotes, pokeballs, all the necessities. "Lemme see your pokemon."

Justin quickly summoned Hitmontop who, unlike before, came out rightside up and not spinning. His motionless state was unsettling and kind of sad to see, though the frown on his face probably had something to do with that. "Here ya go, big fella," she said, spraying the medicine on the pokemon. Almost immediately, he began to look brighter. His fists began moving rapidly and to seal the deal, he jumped up and landed on his head, spinning around. "Now, didn't you say somethin' about a second pokemon?"

"Oh yeah," Justin looked a little down at the mention of Pinsir. Of course, he was obligated to get it healed, but somehow summoning the bloodthirsty beast in the house of some of the most hospitable people in Furoh didn't sound like a fantastic idea. "He's a little bit, um," he began, but then looked over at Hitmontop, who could easily take Pinsir in a fight. "Hitmontop, you think you can hold him down while she spray him?"

Hitmontop stopped spinning as Justin summoned Pinsir. Before it got a chance to do something characteristic of him, however, the fighting pokemon tackled him and pinned him to the ground. "What's wrong with yer Pinsir?"

"So many things," Justin shook his head. "Oh you meant. Right. He's poisoned too."

"Alrighty then," Nessie took out another Antidote and managed to spray down the bug type. Justin called it back from underneath Hitmontop. "All set?"

"Yeah, I really appreciate it."

"Ain't a problem, Justin," Nessie smiled. "You hungry? We got us some breakfast made. You could meet my gramma and we got a few other guests here too."

Who was he to turn down a free meal? "I'm in."

He called Hitmontop back into his ball as Nessie escorted him into the kitchen. He was taken aback, however, when he immediately recognized Pandora Gibbs from a while back on their trip to the underground. "Hey everyone, this is Justin. This here's my gramma."

"Howdy Justin," Nessie's grandma greeted him warmly. "This is Douken Sota," she gestured towards Douken, "And that right there is P-"

"Pandora Gibbs," Justin interrupted her. "What the he-" he paused for a second. "Ck are you doing here?"

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Aug 16 2010, 02:26 PM

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 16 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

"I'm Douken Sota," he replied to the old woman's question as she joined them for breakfast. "A pretty standard trainer that grew up with breeder parents. Right now, I am just exploring my homeland here as I go for the Pokemon League challenge," he smiled before taking a bite from his pancakes. The Loch family were certainly wonderful cooks, to say at least. The way they cooked Combee honey into the sausage and the MooMoo milk with the buttermilk pancakes helped boost the flavors.

It was then a newcomer popped in suddenly, which surprised Rusty. The circuit was cut off, having the AAA battery fall to the floor and hide from the stranger by making having Douken being a wall between the human and magnet. Just in case, sparks flew from the magnetic hands before Douken said, "Now, now, Rusty. I doubt he is here to cause trouble. Besides, if he knows Pan, then things shouldn't be too big of a problem anyways." Patting the ball of steel, the sparks soon subsided and the Magnemite came somewhat out of hiding. Picking up the battery, he gave back the steel ball's breakfast.

Turning back to the new guest, he said, "So, stranger-named-Justin, how do you know about Pan?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 17 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Well, my husband used to be a trainer of sorts,” Granny replied, reminiscing about the old days. “He was quite the battler back in the day. Well-respected by those who knew him. Course, many of the ones that come around here are just starting; they’re a bit arrogant about us country folk. Tell me, Douken, do you have anything to show for your adventures, perhaps a badge?”

Not long after this, Justin and Nessie entered the room. The girl quickly seated herself and grabbed a biscuit, mostly to get out of Pan’s way.

“Justin!”

Pan left her seat and made her way around the table to greet her old teammate. She wrapped her right arm around his back in a half hug. It had been a while since their last adventure in the Underground. She would have to ask him later how life was treating him.

“I was on my way to Petropolis and stopped here along the way. What are you doing way out here?” She smiled, genuinely happy to see him again.

“Wowee, small world,” Nessie commented on the reunion.

“I’ll say,” Granny Loch replied. “Have a seat, Justin. What brings you to Loch Ranch?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 17 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Um, yeah, thanks," Justin said in response to Granny Loch's request for him to sit down. released Pan and couldn't help the goofy smile on his face. When he first met Pan, there was indeed some sexual tension, but none of it meant anything as he was with Tina at the time. A few days earlier, and this encounter would have been useless as well, as he thought he had feelings for Jill. Now he was so perfectly single.

And then he noticed Douken.

He grabbed himself a few pancakes before beginning his epic tale. "Well, Pan and I met outside of Barley, and went to Under Hill together. My girlfriend at the time - we broke up since then," Subtle. Nice. "Insisted that I go on a pokemon adventure. And now I'm on my way to Arasam, just stopped by to try to get my Hitmontop healed. Tyrogue evolved, by the way."

He looked over at Douken, eying the poor kid up and down. No way. He was too young and kind of goofy looking for Pan to go for him. They weren't together. They didn't act like a couple. But just to be sure, he casually brought it up with a mouthful of syrupy pancakes in his mouth. "So are you two together?" His attempt at apathy may have been shallow, however, as his eyes widened and he noticeably stopped chewing to await the answer.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 18 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

PANE

When Granny Loch asked him about any signs of his adventure, he reached into his pocket, shuffling around in there. The first thing he felt, of course, was the warm feather he got from Ho-oh. I think I overdid it over there, he thought to himself as he remembered flashing it to the crowd and gym leader. Still, some could say that the feather was so rare, that it could of been a fake, but he wasn't going to risk that idea as he shuffled past it to the metal and removed it from his pocket.

Though the piece of medal was small, it held a high title to it. The designed shined in the light, showing wings rising from the flames, as if a phoenix was rising from it. "There here is proof that I have defeated the Arasam Gym Leader and his golden Charmeleon, the Emberwing Badge. Still, maybe I should get a case for the badges I collect. Don't want them all jumbled in my pocket," he chuckled before looking at Justin.

"I wouldn't call us together as a couple, really," he told him as he finished his plate of pancakes, leaving a residue of syrup on the plate and a couple links of sausage. "However, we have had a few awkward moments, like the castle and the carriage ride." it was amazing how both incidents placed him on top of her. It could of been nature's way of trying to push them together, but he didn't really see it. "However, we are traveling together. i mean, since we are both headed for Petropolis, we decided to stick together for a while."

As he was talking, Seel was able to finish her meal before the others and decided to go say hi to the new person. Flopping on the floor, she slowly pushed herself next to Justin and tried to get his attention, her tongue sticking out. Seeing this, Douken laughed and said, "I think she wants you to rub her horn."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 21 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Yeah, it gets a little lonely on the road, so it’s good to have friends around.” As Pan was replying, she grabbed a biscuit and started lathering it in butter. Apparently, a lot had changed since she last left Justin. His relationship had recently expired, and now he was asking about her status. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what he was looking for, but that was hardly a discussion to have around their hosts. Instead, Pan decided to bring up one of the endeavors Justin proposed back in Under Hill.

“So, did you try to go back to school yet?”

Meanwhile, Granny Loch and Nessie were taking a closer look at Douken’s first gym badge.

“It sure iz shiny,” Nessie commented.

“This would make a nice button,” Granny said as she eyed the back of the badge. “Yes, I could sew it through here on your jacket there. It’d solve your organization problem, that’s for sure.”

While she was contemplating a future craft project, a sixth person entered the kitchen area. He wore a red, buttoned shirt, a pair of brown boots and denim jeans common to the rest of the family. His most intriguing feature was his gray mustache, an impressive piece of facial hair. It probably would have beaten men and swooned women all by itself. He had a bit of a belly on him, but not enough to be considered overly obese. Indeed, this must have been Mr. Loch.

“Ah, a gym badge,” Mr. Loch commented. “Back in the day, a trainer didn’t need no stinkin’ badges to prove his worth. Nowadays, they think a piece of metal makes them better than everyone else.”

He seemed to have forgotten that they had guests at the table and started to rant about the state of pokemon training in the present day. It didn’t take long for Granny to interrupt him.

“Honey, Our guests, Douken, Pan, and Justin,” she pointed to each one, “have stopped by during their long journeys. They would like to pay us back for our hospitality.”

“Huh? Oh, yes. Apologies for runnin’ my mouth off. As a matter of fact, a few of my ranch hands have called in sick and I could use a hand gathering eggs.”

“Egg gathering?” Pan asked.

“That’s right, missy. We have a team go all around the ranch and collect eggs from our pokemon guests. We keep them safe in the hatchery until the trainers arrive for their pokemon. Now, I have to warn, while most pokemon will hand them to us, others like to hide them away, and a few would prefer to protect them themselves. Normally, we leave the latter alone, but sometimes we have to intervene. It may sound easy, but it’s pretty grueling work.”

“I’ll help,” Pan said. “It would be a great opportunity to explore and see all sorts of pokemon.” Though Pan was technically taking a break, she’d never abstain from adventure Chi-Chi joined in with two thumbs up, eager to start the quest.

“Great, but first, we eat.” Mr. Loch sat down in one of the chairs, seemingly grabbing one of everything on the table.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 25 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #13

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

After some awkward ramblings from Douken and then Pan's confirmation that the two were just friends, Justin casually nodded while petting his new acquaintance's Seel. He figured her and Douken's relationship was more like his and Tag's. But for a while he'd have to remain subtle. Then, after some chatter about gym badges, Mrs. Loch introduced him and the other two as the people who were going to help out around the ranch, something which Justin far from signed up for.

Justin silently protested, simply by making a strange look with a single eyebrow raised towards Mrs. Loch. "Wh-Wha-" before he could vocalize his confusion, however, Mr. Loch continued with the rules of their little adventure, of which Justin barely paid attention. He did have plenty of time before he needed to be in Arasam, and free stay here with Pan would probably be better than paying to stay in a motel with no one to hang out with but Nate. Ugh, Nate.

"I'm in," he smiled. "Let's get some eggs. I'm pumped!" He pounded his right fist against his left hand and stood, but was overshadowed by Mr. Loch taking a seat and beginning to eat. "Right, that works too." So Justin sat back down and finished his breakfast.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Aug 25 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

"Thanks, but no thanks," he told Mrs. Loch. "I am sure that after my adventures here, I would like to see more of the world, like where my father grew up. Then, with stories of plenty on my belt, I could display them and share my tales. 'Every day, we live in a new path that we walk. Every path holds many adventures. Those adventures is what gives you experience and character.' That is what I heard from someone when I was growing up, and I hold those words true. And besides, I don't want to lose my badges just because I lost my coat now," he finished off with a small chuckle as Mr. Loch decided to enter, complaining on how the trinket had no meaning what-so-ever.

However, when the task given was egg collecting, Douken nodded, agreeing with him with, "That is true. You try to take a Teddiursa egg away, and you might as well be ready to take on a family of Ursurang." Unfortunately, Douken used the wrong example as a sound of one of the Pokemon food bowls broke, Croagunk's fist in one of them. "I know, I know. You still have bad memories of that. This doesn't mean we will go out there and try to take any of them on, so just relax." The poison frog's cheeks puffed as he let out a dull croak, Douken knowing he was still annoyed. "Well, looks like that victory didn't help. Good chance he wants to take one down on his own to feel relieved," he told Pan, since she had seen some of his rage against the bear. Still, I know he has such a strong fighting spirit. Who knows, maybe he would love to have a name of a great warrior himself.

Getting up, he headed over to where the bowls were and began to collect the empty dishes, staring at Rufus who looked at his bowl wanting seconds (but was denied until after he helped out), and cleaning up Croagunk's mess. "Where should I put these dishes?" he asked as he let the others finish up with their food, taking the empty battery cell from the Magnemite.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 28 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

And a Golurk

After a hearty breakfast, Mr. Loch led the group outside and into the vast plains surrounding the homestead. Other pokemon were starting to stir from their sleep: a group of girafarig joined the tauros and miltank herds to feed on the bales of hay being laid out by the ranch hands. An ampharos was leading his flock of mareep and flaaffy to a blue lake in the middle of the fields. They were a bit hesitant to drink from it after a gyarados poked his head through the surface, but the sheep pokemon eventually took in the cool water (albeit from the far edge of the lake). The ranch was slowly coming to life.

Pan had grabbed two plates of leftovers and set them down upon the ground. She released her growlithe first to partake in a plate of sausage and eggs. It sure beat a bowl of berries and kibble! As Fenrir gobbled up his food, Pan released Lima from her pokeball. The cleffa was about to go after Fenrir’s food, but Pan quickly turned her around to face an unclaimed bowl of fruit and a spare biscuit. Lima gave a soft cheer and started shoving pieces of melon into her mouth. Chi-Chi watched from inside Pan’s vest, glad that she had already had her fill of food.

“Turnip, over here!”

The large venusaur appeared from around the corner of the Loch home, eager to partake in the pile of tortillas in Pan’s hands. She tossed them into the gaping mouth of the mighty grass type as she listened to Mr. Loch.

“As you see here,” he began, “there’s a good bit o’ land to cover. I’ve got some other helpers gathering eggs in other areas, but I’d like you three to look in the tall grass areas on the plains, the greenhouse, and the lake area.”

Pan was looking all around. It was a huge place; she couldn’t even see the greenhouse! Were they going to have to do this all by themselves-

“Now now, don’t be too intimidated. You won’t be doing this all by yourselves. I got one of my top herders to help you out. He’s a good kid, been here for many years. Ah, there he is.”

A red jeep rumbled over to Mr. Loch and the trio of guests. From the driver’s seat emerged a man in his thirties. Apparently, Mr. Loch didn’t mention how many years this “kid” had been at the ranch. He appeared to be pretty well built, the result of several years of physical labor. Spare pieces of straw were stuck on his flannel long sleeved shirt and black jeans. Slightly curled red hair adorned his head while bright blue eyes looked upon the young newcomers.

“Folks, this here is Ronald,” Mr. Loch said, introducing the guide to the group. “I’ll leave you in his hands. I’ve got fences to mend. Have fun!” With that, the ranch owner walked off, leaving the trio with their new acquaintance.

“G’day, mates. Welcome to Loch Ranch. I promise you won’t get too banged up today,” Ronald added with a smile. He reached out to shake the hands of the three. Quite suddenly, the man was tackled by an enthusiastic growlithe. Shockingly, this tackle didn’t come from Douken’s growlithe but from Fenrir. Pan was quite surprised that the normally calm dog came up to a stranger with such excitement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s me Ronald! It’s your Fenrir!”

Fenrir could not believe it. His old trainer, the one he had been waiting to return for so long, was at this place this whole time. He looked a bit older, much like the growlithe, but he smelled and felt just the same to the old dog. He didn’t care why Ronald didn’t return to Barley for him, nor did he care why he was here in the first place. They were together again; that was all that mattered.

“Easy there! Enough licking please!”

“Fenrir, stop!”

Pan quickly lifted the growlithe off of Ronald, allowing the man to get back on his own feet. Still, Fenrir remained excited, his tail wagging, ears perked up, and tongue lagging out of his mouth. He found him!

“I’m so sorry about that,” Pan apologized. “Fenrir’s usually quite calm.”

“Quite all right miss,” Ronald replied. “I’ve been through a lot worse. So, Fenrir huh?”

The man reached out and softly petted Fenrir on the head and said something that brought everything to a halt for the growlithe.

“Nice name. If I ever had a growlithe, that’d be the name I’d pick.”

Fenrir’s world fell apart at that moment. Did he not remember? After all the childhood adventures, camping trips, and battles, did Ronald simply forget everything they did together? Even at his age, Fenrir could recall everything they did together like it was yesterday. He calmed down and allowed Pan to set him down on the ground. Fenrir looked on as Ronald pointed towards the tall grasses to the group.

“We’ll be heading over there. It’s quite the hotspot for egg laying. I got plenty of room in the jeep for everyone, so hop on.”

But…it’s me…remember?

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 1 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #16

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin joined the group to the great outdoors, asking permission to save a few fruits for his pokemon a little later. Then Mr. Loch introduced Ronald. Seeing the man's size, Justin's body filled with testosterone and an urge to challenge this man in whatever contest he could think of. Maybe he had pokemon and Hitmontop could thrash him up real good. No, that wouldn't be good enough. He wanted to fight him man to man. He couldn't initiate, though. He'd have to just pay attention and wait for Ronald to say something which could be twisted into an insult. He'd be nice 'til then, though.

"Howdy, Ronald, name's Justin Smart," he offered the man his hand and gripped real tight, a strength which was returned. After Pan's growlithe went nuts and playfully attacked Ronald, he continued right along and gave the group a ride on his jeep to a grassy area where pokemon were supposedly mating like mad. No aphrodisiac like open plains, tall grass and pokemon of the opposite sex and of a different species. Okay, maybe there were some mating issues with pokemon that didn't quite sit well with Justin, but he wasn't going to judge a couple of animals who wanted to pass on their seed.

When the jeep stopped, Justin was the first off of the vehicle. He couldn't seem too eager about hitting on Pan or starting a fight with Ronald, so he went right to work. The grass was tall and he needed to get access to the pokemon hiding under it, so he summoned Nincada into the tall grass at his feet. He couldn't really see her very well through the green, but he could easily see where she was and how quickly she was moving due to the moving of the grass. He couldn't help but smile as she seemed to be exploring the jungle around her with utter excitement.

"Alright, Nincada," he said softly, crouching down to his knees. She moved towards him and he saw her tiny face emerge from the grass in front of him causing him to chuckle. "We're looking for eggs of some pokemon who might have hid them here in the grass. Think you can help out?" she made a face which was difficult to interpret, so he continued. "If any momma pokemon get all possessive, though, don't try to fight them, okay?" She squealed a joyful squeal and began moving through the grass. Justin followed the movement through the green sea at his feet. When the movement stopped and he felt Nincada clawing at his jeans, he leaned over and felt two eggs, which he lifted though it took both hands as they were pretty big. "Good work, girl,"

He didn't have enough hands to continue searching for eggs, so he decided to make his way back to the jeep. As he walked, he made sure the grass was moving beside him, meaning Nincada was still there. Nincada was the only pokemon Justin actually felt responsible for, so is concern was pretty significant. Hitmontop could take care of himself. Pinsir was Pinsir. Bonsly wasn't very strong, but Justin was still pretty neutral on him. Nincada he actually cared for and couldn't really handle herself in battle. Not like Hitmontop.

As the two continued through the grass, though, Justin did not notice another wave of grass moving in from behind him, from where the eggs were. He did notice, however, that Nincada stopped moving beside him. When he turned to see where she had gone he saw the grass ruffling right at his feet. He couldn't quite tell what was going on so he used his hands to move the grass out of the way, making visible an intense battle between a nuzleaf and Nincada. While Nuzleaf was trying desperately to land a hit on the bug pokemon, she moved rapidly all over its body, biting it periodically as she moved, doing weak yet extremely effective damage. As she attacked, she healed whatever damage it did with its defensive attacks. Justin couldn't help but stop being worried about her and be oddly proud. She took what limited strength and technique she had and beat this more powerful pokemon with pure spunk, whatever the hell that was.

He was almost tempted to summon Hitmontop to finish the job, but not only did it not seem necessary, but could be kind of insulting. Nincada had this in the bag so he just leaned back, crossed his arms and enjoyed the fight, which she won without much permanent damage, thanks to the healing properties of Leech Life. When she finished, she crawled quickly and joyfully back to Justin. The two made their way towards the jeep so Justin could store the eggs with the others. "You did real good out there, kid," he said to Nincada as she crawled up his legs and back and rested her head on his shoulders. "Let's go get us some more eggs?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 1 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

PANE

With a deep breathe, he felt partially back home, tending the family fields. There mere nostalgia, even if it has been just a few weeks from leaving home, made him feel slightly homesick, but the job at hand made up for it. Leaving his overshirt on his seat in the Jeep, he looked over to his team. "Croagunk and Seel, I am sure you two know the drill. Rufus, help them out in rounding up the eggs. Reep and Rusty, you two will watch my back in case of angry parents. We want to avoid as much conflict with the residents as much as possible. Do we all understand?" Hearing them all cry out in agreement (some more eager than others), the team took their own direction. With eyes in the air, it made finding families easier, though some did stand out like a family of Hoppip and Tropius.

On the way back to the car with load in hand, Douken's thoughts went back to Fenrir's reaction to Ronald. Funny, I would of thought that Seel would of done that, he chuckled to himself, remembering how she was very young, loving to give hugs that meant her on top of others. Her happiness can waver, just like the waters themselves. Maybe something with that in mind would be good for her. The idea of nicknames still hasn't left his mind as he carefully loaded the eggs into the jeep before heading out to an interesting family of Skarmory and Xatu, little Natu rolling around in the grass. By the stripes on the "vest", it seemed the Xatu were mainly female, meaning good chance the Armored Bird was the father, and wasn't feeling like giving up the eggs that were there.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 4 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

And a Golurk

During the jeep ride, Pan sat in one of the back passenger seats, her growlithe’s head resting on her lap while her other pokemon were within their pokeballs (the obvious exception being Chi-Chi). Fenrir seemed clearly distressed after his abnormal burst in activity.

“What’s wrong?” she asked the growlithe. The pokemon seemingly ignored her, his mind distant from reality. Pan grabbed his pokeball and allowed him to enter. Clearly, Fenrir needed alone time.

Before she had time to think about the matter further, the group had arrived at the tall grass portion of the ranch. Tall was an understatement; some areas had blades that reached as high as her chest. While the others were out searching for eggs, Pan stayed behind to watch Ronald set up. He opened the trunk of his jeep to reveal an egg storage system, complete with a plastic egg carton and handheld sticker printer.

“What are these for?” Pan asked.

“Well, Miss, we’re gonna place the eggs on these cartons. Then I’ll stick on of these barcode stickers on the eggs. This way, we can tell who the parents are and take them to the appropriate trainer.”

When Justin arrived with eggs, they were each carefully placed into a hole for security. This particular group was of the same color: red, yellow, and black. Ronald was able to quickly identify them as he printed several barcode stickers.

“Ledyba eggs,” he confirmed, placing a sticker on each. “These belong to those folks in Arthro Town. Sure they’ll be happy with the new pokemon.”

Pan nodded, then she quickly left to follow Justin. As she waved back to Ronald, she caught up to her former travel companion and walked by his side.

“So, what happened since we last met? I know you said the thing about Tina, but you had plans to go back to school. What’s going on with that?” Pan said Tina’s name with a bit of hesitation; she wasn’t sure if she should’ve mention her at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Menawhile, while Ronald finished up with the eggs, he noticed the same skarmory/xatu family Douken had his eyes on.

“Hey, careful with the metal head over there,” Ronald warned. “He’s a mean sunnava gun.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 4 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #19

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

When Pan started walking with Justin, it seemed good at first. She mentioned Tina reluctantly, though Justin interpreted that as a way of bringing up his single-hood. It all fell apart in his head, however, when she mentioned him going to school. He sort of took a different approach to achieving greatness since their last meeting, but if Tina taught him anything it was that he shouldn't tell the people he cared about (or wanted to care about in this case) about his criminal life.

"I've looked into it," he lied, rubbing the back of his neck. As his hand moved, Nincada (who was till resting on his back and right shoulder) nuzzled against his hand. He decided to leave his hand up there and pet her as he spoke to Pan. "It's expensive, you know, but I can probably save up to do community college on the weekends, I think. I haven't actually signed up for anything, though,"

Clever. A hint of truth to cover up the mountain of lies. He was getting good at this "deception" thing. Of course, he felt dirty all over lying to one of the most kind hearted people he ever did meet. It was so easy to lie to Taggarty just a few days earlier because he was kind of an ass. Of course, it was less easy in that Tag figured him out. He figured Pan wouldn't be so mistrusting as to think too hard about his college life, or lack thereof.

"I do have a confession to make, though," he looked over at her as they walked and waited for her to look back at him. "I haven't kept up with your blog," he gave a sort of look as though he was disappointed in himself. This look was intentional and joking, though it covered up his actual self disappointment. Complicated, I know. Life tends to do that, though, in the presence of young ladies. "So you'll have to catch me up face to face."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 4 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

"I know," he yelled, looking straight at the Skarmory. "Dealt with them a couple times myself. Still, not the best place to try and raise baby Natu eggs. All we have to do is have him submit and we will be good." With those words said, the poison frog stepped forward, pumping himself up. "However, I wasn't talking about you, Croagunk." Confused, the frog turned around and began croaking at him. "I know, I know. You felt completely left out in Arasam, but I want to see how Rusty will do in a battle. Besides, you are not the best choice for an opponent like that as well as a better opportunity for the close combat you love." Giving off a groan, the frog stepped back to his side, huffing as his cheeks puffed up.

"Alright, Rusty. Let's see what you can do." Unlike the frog itching for a fight, the Magnemite seemed a little cautious about it, hiding behind Douken. "Hey, c'mon. I am sure you will do great. I trust you." Giving a smile to the floating steel ball, Rusty nodded and went to the battle position nervously. Alright, basic Magnemite moves start off with mainly normal and electric type moves. Starting there won't hurt. "Rusty, open up with Thunder Wave!" Holding the magnets forward, the polarities created an electric charge with a blue hue before blasting at the armored bird, striking it hard on the bird's body, stunning it. Now Follow up with Thunder Shock!" As his body began to change the charges from the wave to a shock, the bird went for the offensive, zooming in close to peck at the metal ball. Even though the damage wasn't much, it made it hard for the Magnemite to focus on the conversion.

"Rusty, change to close combat. Use..." he couldn't think of a move off the top of his head. Tackle wouldn't do much, and trying to use Spark took the same conversion just around his body. Luckily, the Magnet ball had a plan set for such an occasion. With the entire body spinning forwards, it launched itself into the bird's beak, causing the Skarmory to recoil back as the Magnemite keeps spinning, turning around in midair right back. "That's Rollout!" Sure, Magnemite couldn't learn that move very easily, but he had to keep in mind that Rusty used to belong to someone else, and good chance he taught it that move. And the longer it goes, the more damage it can do!

"Alright, Rusty, keep it up!" Unfortunately, a surprise attack only occurs once, seeing how the Skarmory saw the second hit coming and zoomed into the air, as if using the property of Fly with the power of Agility to avoid it, having Rusty stop to see what was going on. "Alright, charge back up for Thunder Shock," he told the ball, watching the bird for any sudden actions, in this case, the electricity running through his body was taking its toll, stunning the bird, and having him begin to fall to the ground. "Whenever you're ready!" Douken called out, MAgnemite finally getting the charges set to unleash the small beam of lightning at the bird, shocking all the way until it hit the ground.

"Good work there, Rusty! You got a lot of potential in you," he complimented, patting the sphere as he walked up to the armored bird. It struggled to get up from the static, showing he still had a lot of fight in him, but Douken wasn't worried, since he went to his bag and pulled out a Sitris and Cheri Berry, placing it in front of the bird. "No need for a full fight. We just need to make sure the eggs are safe." The bird objected to the offering as it went to bite his hand before a blue energy surrounded Skarmory's beak. His first thought was Reep using Disable, but instead, it was one of the Xatu that walked up. She seemed to stare at the "husband" for a while until it calmed down, releasing the blue hue before turning and staring into Douken. It was odd the ways her eyes gazed at him. It was a blank stare, never blinking, never twitching. It was a solid stare before she nodded her head and walked over, picking up an egg and walking pack to hold it to the trainer. "Thanks," he said, taking it before the bird walked back to grab another egg and holding it out. With two in hand, he nodded back to the bird before taking the eggs back to the truck. "Got room for two more?"

"I still don't get what you see in him," Skarmory complained as he chewed on the Cheri Berri with a sour attitude. "How can you know he is as trustworthy as the other human?"

"Because I have seen it," the Xatu replied. "I have seen his past. He is quite familiar with the task by growing up with it. I have also seen the children's future. They will grow to be wiser than me, that is for sure."

"I still don't get you at times," the steel bird complained back, pecking at the Sitris Berry.

"Hey Ronald, you know about the stories of Xatu, right: The one that says they can see a person's past and future at the same time. Do you think its true?" he asked as he loaded the eggs in.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:50 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.