Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5th gen?
Sceptile100
post Mar 2 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Resident Sceptile Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

Active Squad

I hear alot of people say there might be a fifth generation of pokemon. I want to know what you guys think, will there be a fift gen? I've seen multiple sources say 4th gen will be the last one. This will basically be a debate of whether there will be one or not. I'm not even sure there is a definate answer.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Fear my incredble Sceptile!!!![/align]
[align=center]Sig created by Wymsy[/align][align=center]<div class='quotetop' align="center" onmouseover="style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="$(this).next().toggle();$('span', this).toggle();">Click or my Sceptile will find you! (click to <span>show</span><span style='display:none;'>hide</span>)[/align]<div class='quotemain' style='display:none;'>
What kind of horrible person would not click theese and risk the dragons dying, a mean hateful person, that's who.
To see the adult dragons you've helped nurtured click here</div></div>
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Mar 2 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #2

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

There are supposed to be 1000+ Pokemon, so maybe. But they're running out of ideas fast. dumblook.gif
+Quote Post

Sceptile100
post Mar 2 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah but is there any reason to believe there will be a fifth gen (evidence)?

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Sig created by Wymsy[/align][align=center]<div class='quotetop' align="center" onmouseover="style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="$(this).next().toggle();$('span', this).toggle();">Click or my Sceptile will find you! (click to <span>show</span><span style='display:none;'>hide</span>)[/align]<div class='quotemain' style='display:none;'>
What kind of horrible person would not click theese and risk the dragons dying, a mean hateful person, that's who.
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 2 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

At the time, I thought the 3rd gen was gunna be the last. It's likely that there will be a 5th gen, but not for another year or so.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Mar 2 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

Nintendo supposedly copyrighted the names 'DuskGold' and 'DawnSilver'. Or the names could be reverse. I dunno. At least, that's what people are saying. I don't believe them, because there ain't no proof. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 2 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

If they do make a Gold/Silver remake, it's probably going to be a filler while they work on the 5th gen, somewhat like what FR/LG was. That, and FR/LG served as an opportunity to obtain Pokemon from the GameBoy Colour since the GBA and the GBC couldn't link.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Sceptile100
post Mar 2 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Active Squad

That is probobly a second gen remake, It don't sound like fifth gen.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Mar 2 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

Who knows, it might be. People were speculating in the early 05's that D/P would be fourth gen/remake... I think. No point to a remake anyways. tongue.gif But it'd be fun.
+Quote Post

Sceptile100
post Mar 2 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Active Squad

True, I looked on the web and there is nothing pointing to a 5th gen game, did you guys find anything?

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Mana
post Mar 2 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 204

Active Squad

There aren't any sources for it, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I honestly hope they don't, I don't like the sound of another hundred Pokemon. Plus, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but aren't the region names some foreign word for 'North', 'South', 'East', and 'West'? Not sure where I heard that from, but if that was true that'd mean they've used them all.

Not sure what'll happen, but it's definetly gonna be a good few years if they even do anything.

--------------------
"Time line? Time isn't made of lines. It's made of circles. That is why clocks are round."

Skymin pokeball by Miracle Eye.
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Mar 3 2008, 02:45 AM
Post #11

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

Of course there'll be a fifth gen - Nintendo makes a fuckton off of Pokémon, Nintendo not continuing the series would be like Nintendo randomly deciding right not to stop making Wiis or DSes.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

shamanx21
post Mar 3 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 585

Current HG team

I hope there is another Gen, I already filled up my dex and now I'm just trading and collecting sense I still get lost with EV training, tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Mar 3 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #13

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

the only evidence i can think of is shellos' pokedex entry:
"Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed."
nintendo wouldnt just suddenly make shellos and gastrodons appear in previous regions.
they would need to create a new region to make different shellos and gastrodons, which is discussed in wymsy's forum thingy.
do u have any evidence saying that nintendo wont make a 5th generation?

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Cole
post Mar 3 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

Active Squad

If they do they are going to have to top 4th gen wich is pretty good all I know is they better remake gold and silver

--------------------

BY COOLIO

I claim Ninetails Play with Fire

thanks Wymsy for making the typhlosion sig it rocks
+Quote Post

Coolio
post Mar 5 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #15

Charizard will eat you if you come too close...
Group Icon

Member No.: 655

ATM In-Game in HG

I aree with Letan...It seems that they use fillers untill they find ideas for more pokemon for another generation..x3 Like the third game of each series...Gold/Silver/Crystal Crystal was just a remake of Gold and Silver...Same with R/B/Y,R/S/E. And F/L were made AFTER the first 3rd gen games because thats when they got lazy and couldn't think of things to do with Emerald and/or D/P.

--------------------
*~*~*~Currently*~*~*
Trying to come back to life on here and GPX+ hnnng

Teh Charizard is mine!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 27 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #16

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Member No.: 961

Active Squad

QUOTE(suzyk @ Mar 2 2008, 07:54 PM) *
There are supposed to be 1000+ Pokemon, so maybe. But they're running out of ideas fast. dumblook.gif

they ran out of ideas in third gen -.- every once in awhile they have a brainfart and get stuff like mawile and stuff, but even sableye was loosely based on sneasel and what-not...like they have a generic bird and pest pokemon for the beginning areas (except in second gen, I consider hoothoot to be original, so was sentret) rat, raccoon, beaver...pidgey, taillow, starly.

1000+ you can forget about, it isn't going to happen, I think any bored person with photoshop and a basic knowledge could create a new set of starter pokemon by switching types and attributes around between previous starters and early pokemon, like mankey and charmander=chimchar, squirtle and chikorita(for the leafhead)=turtwig, generic water type+generic bird type=piplup(empoleon=type changed and slightly altered articuno)
QUOTE(sharksarentevil @ Mar 3 2008, 04:29 PM) *
the only evidence i can think of is shellos' pokedex entry:
"Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed."
nintendo wouldnt just suddenly make shellos and gastrodons appear in previous regions.
they would need to create a new region to make different shellos and gastrodons, which is discussed in wymsy's forum thingy.
do u have any evidence saying that nintendo wont make a 5th generation?

yeah well, how many tmes can you name that nintendo actually kept to the pokedex info? next gen they'll probably try to outdo arceus (they always try to outdo prev. gens legends for some reason, third gen was the last before they began recycling ideas)
QUOTE(Cole @ Mar 3 2008, 04:56 PM) *
If they do they are going to have to top 4th gen wich is pretty good all I know is they better remake gold and silver

I think thats the plan, pokemonopal.com anda few others redirect to pokemon.com/nintendo.com so hey do plan on making a filler, and the hints back to gold and silver...the question is will we be able to access any other regions besides kanto in GSDS?

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Sol
post Mar 29 2008, 06:10 AM
Post #17

I am sol. I Keep the earth an open system to prevent thermodynam
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 524

Active Squad

as i said in the 2nd gen discussion board, they will probably make a G/S/C carry on, but just to make you pay for more to get stuff in the 5th gen, kinda like the card insertion system, it'll probably be for wii and you need to put in older copies of teh games into your DS and connect it to the Wi-Fi to access areas like jhoto/kanto/whatever, point is i explained this a lot better in the 2nd gen discussion board so go look there.

and they will drag pokemon out as long as humanly possible, it makes them billions of dollars, and they love the money, heck, its outselling mario.

--------------------

(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
+Quote Post

SMGT
post Mar 31 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #18

Master of dimensions... Pleaser of crowds... I am...Dimentio!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 118

Active Squad

I think what BaS thinks. Why would they stop? If people continue to play pokemon, there's going to be a fifth gen. Even if pokemon loses a little popularity, all the more reason to get it back into the spotlight.

--------------------
~And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!~

+Quote Post

Shadow Dragon
post Apr 5 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #19

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ┻━┻
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 552

Sweet Nightmares

i herd on a main pokemon website about the next generashon of pokemon.so there mite be another pokemon sesin.

--------------------

Credits! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bosco
post Apr 5 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #20

BROsco
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

I can't see why they would end a franchise like this. They will use it until it just can't be used anymore. These main Pokemon games are the games that get people into all of their other Pokemon games, as well as the anime (ect.) Money-wise it's just not a good idea to stop making the games..

I personally want to see G/S remakes, as well as a 5th generation at least. I'll keep playing the Pokemon games until it becomes FAR TOO evident that they're milking it.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:54 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.