Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Single or Double battles?, What's your preference?
Silvair
post Oct 16 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #41

yikes
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 068

Active Squad

Double Battles for sure. Requires a lot more strategy, because you have to be careful with Earthquake and Surf and all that; it's not like you want to kill your partner or anything. Ahahahahah, I remember when me and my friend kept mass killing everything with our awesome Fly and Earthquake combos. Unoriginal, but it works.
And then there's the time when I 'accidentally' Surfed my partner's Rampardos. Hurr, he hated me forever after that. xD

--------------------

rargarblgarbl
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SS3Shelton
post Oct 16 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #42

I am the light that blinds the darkness.
Group Icon

Member No.: 109 525

my favorites

Double battles ftw. Single is alright. Triple just looks overly complex.

--------------------
All of My pride and joy belong to my Minuns (well, not all of it).
+Quote Post

Silvair
post Oct 16 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #43

yikes
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 068

Active Squad

Yeah, not really that psyched about triple. I think they just overkilled it there. :l

--------------------

rargarblgarbl
+Quote Post

RollZero
post Oct 17 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #44

Pokeball League Grand Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 247

Blue Team

Double Battles for me, just I wish they hadn't gone and changed how Surf works... =/ In RSE, it did not hurt your other Pokemon, in DP it does. That was my favorite strategy to use was the Water Pokemon used Surf and the partner would finish off one of the two Pokemon for sure with a move. I had to alter this in DP, and thus declined my love of Double Battles, because Surf is one of my favorite moves.

Still, even in the Battle Tower I prefer Double Battles and can get far more wins in a row easier doing so. Because I usually like to mix odd combos that try to help my team members counter all their weaknesses. This is why I look forward to 3 on 3 battles, Because honestly I usually have 3 powerhouse fighters that usually take the brunt of the battles, the other 3 usually are backup. I mostly got into this habit because of Pokemon Stadium, as even if you could select 6 Pokemon, only 3 went into battle. So I mostly created 3 main Pokemon to handle most situations.

--------------------

+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Oct 24 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #45

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

Pokemon Company went sloppy with Triple Battles. It's disgusting. More double battlers are showing up, challenge the Battle Shrine. It's so boring not battling.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

TheDrunkenwhale
post Nov 25 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #46

The Lazy-Ass Artist under the Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 997

Shooting Star Team

QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Oct 15 2010, 11:25 PM) *
With all these people, why in the hell is the Battle Shrine not challenged?! It's built purely for double battlers. Everyone knows how much fun a great double battle is.

It shakes me to see everyone posting, "I love double battles" when they don't even sign up in the Shrine. My blood doesn't boil, it is sublimating.

To serious stuff, double battles are far superior.

It allows room for more strategies. Sunny Day teams are viable, and all Pokemon fill a nice. Overpower Pokemon that are shunned to ubers (discounting legendaries) are now also viable to use in double battling metagame. Garchomp can be used now. Doesn't everyone like to use Garchomp? No I hate it, so not everyone It's far more interesting to see people groan and moan when they get destroyed with a strategy than to see a person get destroyed by an overpower Pokemon.

Single Battles is all about Stealth Rock. 4v4 Double Battle? You wish. Set up Stealth Rocks, eat 2x Ice Beam or whatever move. You don't want to set up Stealth Rock when battles are so short. No one sees this because everyone just "loves" single battles. I was trained double battling, and it is the only thing I do, it is the only thing I know how to do. Want to play single battles with me, you'll trololol through me with your +6 Attack Magikarp.

Maybe some people don't read that part of the forum that often.

I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime. If it wasn't for the fact that with the holiday season I'll be busy as, well since X-mas is coming a jolly yet fake elf.
+Quote Post

Zero Gravity
post Dec 10 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #47

Chosen one of Lightning
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 85 007

Thunder Team

I luv Double Battles, i hate it when people use Legends in double battles (It friggen sux dealing with Darkrai on top of other Pokemon)

--------------------

[color="#FFFF00"][/color]
+Quote Post

Satori Komeiji
post Dec 10 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #48

Resident Youkai
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 616

Meet the Family

Double battles for the love of strategy!
I have a separate competitive team built specifically for Double Battling... > 3<

--------------------

This is 'tori-kun! Reporting for duty!!
~the sky was never, is not, will never be my limitation~
Used to be known as Livie!

+Quote Post

Ryuko
post Dec 11 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #49

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

Single: Because I hate selecting attacks to the Pokemon.. I prefer to just press A repeatedly.

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 17 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

Single. I like head to head combat and there is still strategy, just a different kind. I am also a little impatient and waiting for four pokemon to move in one turn takes a bit too much time for my taste.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Dec 17 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #51

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

I prefer Double Battles because when using more than one Pokemon, I find that I can think of better strategies then I could in a Single Battle.

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:29 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.