Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question about Legendaries..., This has been bothering me...
What do you think?
Is catching legendary pokemon a little weird
Naaah, it's all good [ 5 ]  [18.52%]
Um.... yeah. [ 8 ]  [29.63%]
Hey, it doesn't affect things around me or my game so no. [ 5 ]  [18.52%]
Dude, it's just a game. [ 9 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 

Cursie
post Jul 28 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 51 080

Active Squad

Wouldn't catching legendary pokemon disturb the natural balance of things? I mean think about it= Dialga and Palkia rule time and space. And if you catch them, wouldn't that completely screw everything over?
I think it'd be just a little scary if suddenly the whole reason that space is all not screwy suddenly is captured and used in smaller scale things like battling and junk. Then, like, planets start crashing into each other, and gravity just... vanishes. Eeee... But that's just me.

--------------------
Aren't they so cute? ^^ Give 'em a hug! I always hug back.

ONE CLICKS:
>>><<<
Click this one please~

My LeafGreen Team
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ryuzaki
post Jul 28 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #2

O_O
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 102

Flippin Sweetness!

Wow. You actually sort of have a point there xD

But it's just a game, so I try to not over-think it. As long as I get a cool legendary out of it, I don't care if time stops and planets explode and stuff. ;3

But that's just me.

--------------------
Click on Matt to get to my Pogeymanz!
+Quote Post

Blue Tomoshibi
post Jul 28 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #3

Frontier Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 100

Best of the metagame

If I remember correctly Dialga and Palkia merely have the power to control Time and Space. They aren't the balance of them. Now wielded by someone like me I probably would abuse Dialga's Time controlling powers.

But unfortunately the main character has no vision outside of collecting them all.

Oh well. Don't look too much into it, its a game.

--------------------
[align=center]

[/align]
+Quote Post

mitakaBG
post Jul 29 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 51 552

Active Squad

If you try catchin a legendary pokemon in any game of pokemon, you need at least 50 ultra balls ,but its more easy to get a master ball . Thats how i cought a moltres..... moltres.gif

these are my eggs if you want to hug them.........
+Quote Post

GreenAsSin
post Jul 30 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 746

Soul Silver Team

I don't necessarily think catching a Legendary would disrupt the natural balance of things. For the most part, they seem to simply influence or represent certain aspects of the world, rather than embody them.

If and when a trainer catches them, it's not like they've been removed from the world entirely, they are simply transported and attached to a certain person. They are perfectly capable to continue influencing and/or representing their particular element with or without being captured.

Also, when taking the anime into account, it isn't like there is only one Legendary of every Pokemon species in the world. The Trio of birds has been seen several times in several places int he anime, which conflicts with the three in the movie who only live in the Orange Islands. Zapdos and Articuno have each appeared at least three different times, and Moltres at least twice.

There is also a pair of Lugia that appear in the anime as well, one parent and one infant.

Ho-Oh has also been seen at least three times by Ash, and it is unknown whether or not they are all one in the same.

A new Entei is said to be born every time a new volcano comes into existence, though the origin of the other two are never really explained.

A number of Legendaries are hidden away in caves, some of them having been asleep for ages. Their capture shouldn't make much difference, as that way they are still contained in some way.

Then there's the more common Pokemon that are accounted for on myths, such as Arcanine, Ninetales, and Absol. There are a number of these Pokemon that can be obtained, so who is to say it isn't the same with Legendaries?

All in all I think the Legendary Pokemon are considered to be Legendary because of their strength and what they represent. They are incredibly powerful, but not necessarily one of a kind. The balance of things doesn't depend on them remaining wild and in one primary location, and so there is no harm in capturing and befriending them.

--------------------

]
+Quote Post

Attic Mouse
post Jul 30 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 533

Fave. Non-Legendaries

I have thought about this once before.

And you have a point. Catching a legendary could disrupt the balance of the Pokemon world. That's why, in the anime, the characters don't bother to catch them.

But it doesn't cause any disruption in the game, so it's fine. =P

--------------------

I give full-party click-backs. cat.gif
One-clickers click teh Mew egg please. 8U
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jul 30 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #7

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

Frankly, it doesn't matter either way. It's only a game at the end of the day, and games are fake, not real.

And as people have said, that Pokemon still exists to control its things and such.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post Jul 30 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #8

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

I felt terrible when Cynthia gave me the talk about having won Giratina's trust and that it had chosen to come with me... and I knew I was just going to shove it in a PC forever. Capturing pokemon gods really does seem an irresponsible thing to do.

But, um, I have a pokedex to fill.

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jul 30 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

I got iffy thoughts when Buck had the talk about not disturbing Heatran and yada yada... and look what I did just a few seconds after.. bucktooth.gif
All in all I don't really care, but its funny XD You can pretty much catch the planet's GOD with no negative side-effects... makes me wonder if Dawn or Lucas don't get tempted too......
Oh crap the Pokčmon world is doomed...

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Jul 30 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #10

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I've often thought about this, too. I love catching them, but I'd always think:

"Shouldn't I be the indestructible ruler and master of the universe since I brought these great creatures under my submission?"

Maybe in the next games, they should start making a few repercussions or general populace reactions to you running around capturing their deities or fabled tormentors. XD

The worst I can think of that they've done is simply ban the legendaries from competitions. That's tantamount to a slap on the wrist, if you ask me.

I'd probably laugh if they made a legendary that would actually destroy the in-game world if you caught it, resulting in an official game over.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pokeplup
post Jul 31 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #11

The Techno Turtwig
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 353

The Bidoof Squad!

Well... It Really would Disrupt the Balance of The Universe, And Catching
Arceus Lets You Control The Universe (Literally) To make a Planet Of Epic
Mudkips If That Happened In Real Life/Anime... But In the Game... Nothing
Happens. But I'd Still Want The Epic Mudkip Planet awesome.gif

--------------------

Oh Yea! On The Drums!
+Quote Post

Atunno
post Jul 31 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 939

Team in Pearl! :D

Hmmm I don't know... After all they are legendary pokemons and really, I don't really think they should be caught... Or else they wouldn't be so legendary right? That would quite mess up the story too. I mean like, a legendary? trained and captured?
But I'm ok with catching them tho... in the game. ^^;

--------------------

I don't think they would mind getting some help. happy.gif
~clicks always returned~ <3

*goes on clicking raid* XD
+Quote Post

Kaio
post Jul 31 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 870

Unoriginal Plat. team

It gets frustrating...

--------------------

I click back right away, and I almost always click full party.
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Jul 31 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

It does seem...wrong...to capture these gods. Like Kyogre and Groudon, who created sea and land. You could change the whole planet's geography! (Well, some not-so-legendary Pokemon are capable of doing that, too, but anyway...) It just seems weird to go up in a random battle with some kid on the road, and he throws out a Bidoof or something, and I'm like, "GO, DIALGA!!!" Poor kid's probably like, "WHAT the hell is that!?" And I'd be like, "This is the God of Time, and I am now his master!" And he's be like, "What did you do?!" And I'd be like, "Double battle!! Go, Palkia!!! And yes, I am also the master of the God of Space!!" And he'd just be crying, terrified, of what the world would turn into. And then I'd release the rest of my party, showing Kyogre, God of the Sea, Groudon, God of the Land, Arceus, GOD OF ALL, and Torchic, to make the new goddess of the universe seem less frightening. And then I would begin work on my new world after recruiting this poor child to my cause...

Ahhh... How awesome it would be if Pokemon were real...

>w<

This post has been edited by methuselahalchemist: Jul 31 2009, 04:14 PM

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Solitos
post Aug 1 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #15

Goggle Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 951

Blue Magic

Actually, Lugia is so afraid of destroying things, I think he/she/it'd be better off in a Pokeball. Mewtwo is an adolescent that could learn a thing or two from being grounded, it might also shut him up so we don't have to deal with his endless soul searching which he so conveniently communicates to everyone with in a hundred feet of him with his even more intruding psychic powers. Now that I think about it, any Pokemon that talks should remain in its Pokeball, as it's not as if it's going to say anything nice or truly useful. ... lots of legendries talk my friends. Catch 'em -> Shut them up.

--------------------

Who is more noble, the magician or the fool?

XD
+Quote Post

Professor Daruma...
post Aug 1 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #16

Giovanni's Daughter
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 982

Favorites

Well, in the anime or if it were real, no it shouldn't be okay to catch them, but the game is more goal oriented so that's a different story...

--------------------

-and a self proclaimed Farfetch'd!-
+Quote Post

Unikeko
post Aug 2 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Not ugly, just drawn that way
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 579

Diamond Team

Yeah, I wonder about it too, but not too seriously. XD I guess I still feel kinda bad looking at bunch of legendaries stuffed in one box, which they all have some magnificent powers of destruction... Makes kinda wonder why no kind of Team X never tried to stole my PCboxes. P: They'd get nifty legendaries.

But legendaries are cool so I don't complain. However, I feel _cheap_ if I use them in a battle, so it's only for Pokedex. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.