Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Announcement thread
Toogee
post Jul 28 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #61

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Hey, big news!

1. Yzarc Drowsnam is your new RP Mod! Send him lots of PMs! Fill the Member's Clubhouse with your congratulations/condolences!

2. I'm retired! You can see my sig for details!

Now get off my lawn. yelling.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 29 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Some Non-PANE News (I won't post these often, but since it's a big RP event, I'll let this one in).

Forum War II is in pre-launch stage. This is a big RP event between three forums (see thread for list). It usually centers around a war of some sort, so expect a lot of action. According to the thread, it's also going to be one of those Mystery Dungeon style RPs. If you're looking for something a little different than your average PANE RP, you might want to check it out.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Aug 11 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #63

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Howdy, everyone.

First of all, I'd like to say I'm excited to be an official PANE Moderator. I really enjoy a lot of the writing that goes on here, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to mediate some of that, as well as critique when I can.

Anyway, onto bidniss, we've been discussing some changes, and decided that a lot of the rules we have are overly restrictive. So here are two major changes, which affect pokemon availability.

1. There is no longer a list of starters from which you must choose. This won't affect most people who already have characters, but for those of you who want to restart, or create a second character, as well as new members, you can pick any Stage 1 pokemon you want, as long as it's not a Pseudo-legend (of which we have a list in the RP Grading Thread).

We wanted to make this change because it just seemed unnecessary. You're allowed to capture any pokemon you want as your first capture, so it didn't make sense to limit your starter.

2. The Pseudo-legendary pokemon list has changed. We got rid of two pokemon on the list who we felt didn't really belong: Aron and Trapinch (as well as all their evolutions) are indeed powerful and cool pokemon, but that's not enough of a reason to make them level more slowly.

So, if you really wanted an Aggron, but the leveling restriction was keeping you down, I implore you to rethink that!

Another change within the pseudo-legend changes is that fossil pokemon no longer have leveling reductions. This was another restriction which, I think, kept people from getting the pokemon they really like. There are a few fossil pokemon out there (and I'm sorry to say, this change won't be retroactive) but my hope is that if you like a certain fossil pokemon, but didn't get it because it would level slower, you go for it.

Anyway, as always, feedback is welcome in the Members' Clubhouse. Also, feel free to shoot me a PM at any time if you'd rather do that than post in the clubhouse.

EDIT: Forgot to add that Larvesta and Volcarona are now considered pseudo-legends, pretty much because of how you get Volcarona and Larvesta in Black/White. You have to wait until post-game to get either an egg, or capture Volcarona (at level 70 or something) so it just seemed like if Metagross was a pseudo-legend, so should Volcarona.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 31 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #64

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The Great Purge is complete!

If your profile was purged wrongfully, or it was purged because you missed the deadline but still want it active, PM me.

Expect a Census soon!!!

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 28 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #65

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Um, so the Fanfiction Contest is due in a few days, and I only have three submissions.

You guys should totally submit more fanfics to me. Like...superduperquick.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jan 18 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #66

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

I have some bad news I need to share.

Master Houndoom, who was a good friend of both mine and Living Arrow's outside of RP, passed away the weekend before last due to health problems.

Arrow and I are handling things concerning the RPs that Master Houndoom played in, and discussing the alterations with the mods, as needed.

I apologize for the delay in posting up about this, but I had needed time to make sure some things were finished before I made an announcement.

If there is anything anyone needs, feel free to message me.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 19 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #67

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Thank you, both of you, for taking this upon yourselves, and my condolences. MH did a lot for our community, and I think even those of us who weren't very close with him, even those of us who never spoke with him, will be affected. He'll be very missed.

If y'all need any help, let us know, and please don't feel the need to rush.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 19 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #68

Group Icon

And a Golurk

First, sorry for your loss. He was a pretty cool guy. I recall him vouching for me for mod somewhere in the staff thread. My best memory was getting up early in the morning to help MH finish his pokemon collection back in the 4th gen. The Kuonjis were my favorite characters in PANE. I always hoped that I'd get to be in a RP with them again someday.

My thoughts from the PMs. I think I'll spend some time reading through MH's RPs to relive the adventure.

I'll be temporarily taking on mod duties to help out.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.