Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Move Request Thread
Toogee
post Feb 5 2011, 09:12 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

The following rules are for TM/Tutor/Egg Moves. Though you still need to request moves in this thread, these are the guidelines that I’ll be using. It may vary with other mods.

Level up moves are learned by level up.

Guidelines
Tier 1 moves: base power 0-40; one per pokemon per RP.

Tier 2: base power 45-90; only 1 per character per RP.

Tier 3: base power 95 and up; only one per character every other RP.

The level a pokemon can use the move is determined by comparison to other pokemon movesets. For moves that are not learned by level-up, the level learned is determined at mod's discretion.

Additional Guidelines

1. Note that “per character” means one move per human trainer. That is, only one of his/her pokemon can obtain that move in a particular RP.

2. For TM moves, characters should obtain a TM to teach the move. As for learning the move, I would treat it like on the movie The Matrix. There, the main character (Neo) downloaded a skill and immediately “knew kung fu”.
QUOTE(What does a TM look like? By Master Houndoom)
They (TMs) would be in the shape of a VR helmet or pair of goggled, or possibly a device that looks and acts like a retinal scanner. Or they can be kind of a VR machine that "trains" the pokemon. It's your call.
2G NOTE: We’re pretty open on how TMs are treated. Also, we’re treating HMs as natural abilities. You don’t need an HM to use the move outside of battle. To use in battle, follow the guidelines above.

3. Move tutor moves should be taught, but not necessarily by a move tutor. They can be learned from other pokemon , watching a pokemon perform the moves on TV, etc. Keep in mind that more training is required to master tutor moves than TMs.

4. For egg moves, they have to be compatible according to lineage. You may want to keep track of parents of each of your pokemon to make sure your particular pokemon can learn the move.

5. If your pokemon learns a move, mention it in the RP Grading post once the RP is finished. Try and keep track of these moves either in your profile, current levels post, or wiki.

6. These rules are NOT retroactive. That means if we already approved of something, you get to keep it.

7. These rules are subject to change. Keep an eye out on new posts here for any updates.

Move-RequestForm
Name of character: Include link to Current Levels
Move requested: Nuff said. Include type (tutor, TM, Egg)
Pokemon to be taught: You better know this
How will it learn the move?: See guidelines above for your type of move.
Notes: Anything else?

Multi-Generation Movesets

We’re allowing the use of moves across all game generations (R/B/Y, D/P/Pt/HG/SS, etc). That means if a pokemon learns a certain move in one gen and not the others, you can still use it. Also, if it learns a move at an earlier level in one game, you may use the earlier level.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: May 17 2011, 09:32 PM
Reason for edit: Changed level determination rules.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Feb 5 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #2

Take a story and craft it well...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 755

PANE Team

Elizabeth (Liz) Nadira Shir: Current Levels
Move requested: Haze, Egg Move
Pokemon to be taught: Litwick
How will it learn the move?: After battling some Rich Boys (one of which owning a pokemon that knows Haze), it begins to try and copy. Amount of RP's needed to develop it can be chosen by you/mods.
Notes: Parents of Litwick- Chandelure female and male Cofagrigus

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

Percentages and Truths (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 5 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Approved. Ca be used immediately.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Feb 20 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 941

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Name of character: Kenz Issone http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=45436 <(Link to Profile) http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1379411 <(Link to Current Levels)
Move requested: Return TM
Pokemon to be taught: Pidgey
How will it learn the move?: Kenz and the rich boys made a bet. If Kenz won, she would get a TM of her choice. If the rich boys won, Kenz would do their laudry for 3 days. Kenz wins, and the rich boys make a run for it. Sending out her best flyer, Pidee hunts them down and grabs the TM from their pocket. By grabbing the TM, Pidee learns the move.
Notes: What would be the power for this move? Pidgey is Kenz's best friend; they've known each other since Kenz was 7.

--------------------
<------ by NINJAWIGGLYTUFF

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.
80% of all males think girls can't do foot ball or boxing. If you're a girl or boy who thinks girls can kick butt, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Mar 11 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

Name of character: Tyson Ealdwine
Move requested: Karate Chop and Ice Punch (Both Egg Moves. Ice Punch won't be usable until some RPs later)
Pokemon to be taught: ...Wait, you need a Pokemon to teach a move? Elekid
How will it learn the move?: Karate Punch will, hopefully, be there from the start as a result of training. Due to the fact that the Elekid is unable to use Electrical attacks as of yet eventually he'll learn Ice Punch to counter this weakness.
Notes: Nothing much. If I need to make another Request for Ice Punch then say so and I'll do it later on when the Elekid is able to fully use the attack.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Mar 11 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pokefan209 @ Feb 20 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Name of character: Kenz Issone http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=45436 <(Link to Profile) http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1379411 <(Link to Current Levels)
Move requested: Return TM
Pokemon to be taught: Pidgey
How will it learn the move?: Kenz and the rich boys made a bet. If Kenz won, she would get a TM of her choice. If the rich boys won, Kenz would do their laudry for 3 days. Kenz wins, and the rich boys make a run for it. Sending out her best flyer, Pidee hunts them down and grabs the TM from their pocket. By grabbing the TM, Pidee learns the move.
Notes: What would be the power for this move? Pidgey is Kenz's best friend; they've known each other since Kenz was 7.

QUOTE(Tekno @ Mar 11 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Name of character: Tyson Ealdwine
Move requested: Karate Chop and Ice Punch (Both Egg Moves. Ice Punch won't be usable until some RPs later)
Pokemon to be taught: ...Wait, you need a Pokemon to teach a move? Elekid
How will it learn the move?: Karate Punch will, hopefully, be there from the start as a result of training. Due to the fact that the Elekid is unable to use Electrical attacks as of yet eventually he'll learn Ice Punch to counter this weakness.
Notes: Nothing much. If I need to make another Request for Ice Punch then say so and I'll do it later on when the Elekid is able to fully use the attack.

You're both approved; use the moves at your discretion.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 10 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #7

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Move-RequestForm
Name of character: Douken Sota
Move requested: Sky Drop - TM move (but I plan on self-taught, or tutor-style teaching)
Pokemon to be taught: Sabre (Skarmory)
How will it learn the move?: With Sabre already knowing Fly, he alters it and takes up the opponent, soon to alter the tactics of Fly to Sky Drop.
Notes: links in sig. Also, i want this to be a move alteration, because that is pretty much the difference between Fly and Sky Drop.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 10 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #8

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

QUOTE(Douken Sota @ May 10 2011, 09:14 PM) *
Move-RequestForm
Name of character: Douken Sota
Move requested: Sky Drop - TM move (but I plan on self-taught, or tutor-style teaching)
Pokemon to be taught: Sabre (Skarmory)
How will it learn the move?: With Sabre already knowing Fly, he alters it and takes up the opponent, soon to alter the tactics of Fly to Sky Drop.
Notes: links in sig. Also, i want this to be a move alteration, because that is pretty much the difference between Fly and Sky Drop.

I approve. I'd prefer if it wasn't 'Self-Taught', seeing as it is not a move Skarmory learns naturally (which is what Self-taught implies to me.) Sabre is more than welcome to observe the move being used, then mimic it. Or, push comes to shove, Douken could just use the TM. Fly is not an actual combat move in this case, since we're saying that HM skills' field effects can be done by any pokemon naturally. Make sense?

Anyhow, approved.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post May 10 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #9

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Move-RequestForm
Name of character: Justin Smart
Move requested: Earthquake, TM (Tier 3)
Pokemon to be taught: Hitmontop
How will it learn the move?: Justin will buy the Earthquake TM with the money he made in his most recent Team Deception job. He'll teach it to Hitmontop, whom will have difficulty focusing it at first, and causes a lot of collateral damage in some form or another. I guess this part depends on the situation in which his first use happens, but I know it will have adverse effects.
Notes: He's level 60, so it should be fine, yeah?

Move requested: Ice Punch, Tutor (Tier 2)
Pokemon to be taught: Sudowoodo
How will it learn the move?: Nate's Sneasel knows it already, and Sudowoodo is a master of Mimic. Sudowoodo and Ninja (the Sneasel) will work together to teach him Ice Punch.
Notes: I don't really know the rules, but I only requested one Tier 2 and one Tier 3. If you can only request one from both of them, then I choose Earthquake.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 10 2011, 09:11 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Unless I'm mistaken, I think it's okay. Since the Tier 3 move will be learned here, you'll have to wait and finish this rp and another before you can request another Tier 3. In the meantime, since you can request one Tier 2 move per RP, then it should also be okay. I guess technically you could request 6 Tier One Moves.

So...

Earthquake is approved. Nice job by you on limiting its awesome power at first.
Ice Punch is approved. Sudowoodo is boss.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bronze Charizard
post May 14 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #11

Dragons rule. Admit it...
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 205

Hot Springs Gym

Name of character: Terra
Move requested: Dragonbreath(egg)
Pokemon to be taught: Leafwind
How will it learn the move?: The RP I'm in involves a bunch of stolen pokemon in cages. The thieves put the keys to the cages in a safe, and of course they refuse to let anyone know what the combination is. Leafwind opens her mouth to roar angrily, and the dragonbreath technique that had lied dormant in her for so long activates. The dragonbreath hits one of the cage locks, and the lock crumbles because the metal it's made out of is highly vulnerable to that type of energy. They open the rest of the cages the same way.
Notes: If you read my profile, you'll see that Leafwind came from an egg that was a gift from a retired trainer. We can easily say Dragonbreath was a move that one of her parents had.

--------------------

Refresh to see another one of my favorites! I currently have 7 out of 17 types drawn...

RP Characters | Deviant Art
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 14 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Denied.

Dragonbreath has a base power of 60, and is therefore a "Tier 2" level move, meaning the pokemon should be at least level 25 before a request for this level of move is considered.

Atop this, the earliest level a non-dragon type pokemon learns this move is Level 31.

I'm sorry, but you may have to change around that part of the story roleplay as well.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bronze Charizard
post May 14 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Hot Springs Gym

Dang. Well, I'll wait until she's level 25, and whatever RP I'm in then, I'll think up another way. Sorry for not paying enough attention to the Tiers thing.

Will this apply for all stages of evolution? By level 25, Leafwind will be a grovyle...

--------------------

Refresh to see another one of my favorites! I currently have 7 out of 17 types drawn...

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 14 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Even as a grovyle, the Level 25 requirement will remain.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bronze Charizard
post May 16 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Hot Springs Gym

OK, gotcha. I liked the pokemon opening the cages idea, so I tweaked it a bit so it's allowed.

Move requested: Hone Claws
Pokemon to be taught: Wildclaw(meowth)
How will it learn the move?: As before, the thieves put the keys in a safe and won't say what the combination is. A box of random items was knocked down during the battle royale. Two TMs(hone claws and thief)were in it, Wildclaw learns Hone Claws and uses the new move so he can pick the locks.

Move requested: Thief
Pokemon to be taught: Moonrise(houndour)
How will it learn the move?: Thief was the other TM(see above). Nothing special here, just a typical "use TM, learn the move" type thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 16 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Approved for both Wildclaw and Moonrise

Move Request - Form:
Name of Character:Taggarty Lee
Move Requested: Acrobatics - TM Move - Tier 2
Pokemon to be Taught: Suzu - Ledian
How will it be learned?: At the circus, Tag will encounter a move-master, with whom he'll barter in exchange for moves for each of his pokemon.
Other Notes: Suzu is at Level 36

Move Requested: Hone Claws - TM Move - Tier 1
Pokemon to be Taught: Bachi - Nidorino
How will it be learned?: Same as Suzu

Move Requested: Toxic - Tm Move - Tier 1
Pokemon to be Taught: Kyoko - Bellossom
How will it be learned?: Same as Bachi

Move Requested: Magic Coat - Move Tutor - Tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Tobi - Vulpix
How will it be learned?: Same as Kyoko

Move Requested: Attract - Tm Move - Tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Orin - Snorunt
How will it be learned?: Same as Tobi

Name of Character: Francesco Rojas
Move Requested: Will-O-Wisp - TM - Tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Valentine - Chimchar
How will it be learned?: Francesco, Branwys and Terra will stumble across several TMs after a battle with goons at Goon HQ. Cesc will use this TM on his Chimchar.

Move Requested: Double Team - TM - Tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Oberon - Sneasel
How will it be learned: Same as above, but with a TM for Double Team for Oberon.
Well, that was worth a shot, no?

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Jun 5 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #17

It's a Diiiinosaurus Line!
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 714

PANE Pokemon

Move-RequestForm
Name of character: Twila Reanne
Move requested: Wide Guard (egg)
Pokemon to be taught: Merle the male Makuhita
How will it learn the move?: While Twila is fighting the leader of a band of gypsies with her (soon to be) Vulpix Fae, one of the other gypsies tries to take out Mai with their Pokemon. Merle defends her by using Wide Guard out of instinct.
Notes: Merle's father is a Machamp, just so's ya know ^^

--------------------
PANE/Uprising (click to show)

Credits/Stalkin (click to show)

"I must be missing something here-" "Yes, a bloody sense of humor!"
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 5 2011, 07:59 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Approved. Can be used regularly @ Lvl. 25

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 10 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #19

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Name of character: Branwys
Move requested: Smack Down - TM Tier 2
Pokemon to be taught: Dimo the cubone
How will it learn the move?: Francesco, Branwys and Terra will stumble across several TMs after a battle with goons at Goon HQ. Branwys will use this TM on her cubone.

Name of character: Branwys
Move requested: Sandstorm - TM Tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Tinka the klink
How will it learn the move?: Francesco, Branwys and Terra will stumble across several TMs after a battle with goons at Goon HQ. Branwys will use this TM on her klink.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 10 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Approved. Smack Down can be used @ Lvl. 17. Sandstorm to be used immediately.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.