Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Move Request Thread
Kamaitachi
post Oct 5 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #81

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Approved for both.

Just as a side note, in your profile, you'll want to point out the heritages of your pokemon. For example:

Suzu ledian.gif
Father: Shuckle Mother: Ledian

That way we know what egg moves will later be available, should you choose to obtain/unlock more. That way we don't have a Pokemon with two fathers.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 24 2014, 02:09 AM
Post #82

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Name of character: Name of character: Scott Carson and Scott's Current Levels
Move requested: TM, Protect- tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Scarlet (Eevee)
How will it learn the move?: Realizing that his team wasn't strong enough to win battles outright, Scott decided to go with teaching support moves and finding creative ways to use them to break the strategies of his foes and make battles easier. As a result, he dipped into his money reserve and bought some TMs for his team. Scarlet learns Protect prior to the next RP and is fully capable of using it.
Notes: n/a

Name of character: Scott
Move requested: TM, Substitute- tier 1
Pokemon to be taught: Ebony (Eevee)
How will it learn the move?: Same general thing as Scarlet, but Ebony's different personality warranted a more aggressive support move that the Eevee could use as a decoy for his attacks or for Covet strikes to steal things. Like Scarlet, he learns the attack prior to the next roleplay but is much less adept at actually using it.

Name of character: Scott
Move requested: TM, Hidden Power (Water)- tier 2
Pokemon to be taught: Ruby (Vulpix)
How will it learn the move?: As Ruby is Scott's go-to for battles, Scott gave her an actual attack TM. Her skill was not nearly enough to use higher-end fire attacks, however, nor would she be able to use Dark Pulse (his second choice) anytime soon, so Scott took a bet on Hidden Power instead. The move allows Ruby to draw water out of her surroundings and form it into a ball which she then launches at the opponent. Unlike Scarlet and Ebony, she will enter the next roleplay essentially unable to use the move, and will learn it during the course of the roleplay.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 24 2014, 09:30 AM
Post #83

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

All of them are approved.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 30 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #84

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

Move-Request Form
Name of character: Roxanne Mauden and her Current Levels
Move requested: Gust, Egg move (note: in 6th gen, egg moves can be transferred from the female as well, so she got it from her Golbat mother, if that's all right)
Pokemon to be taught: zubat.gif Zeta
How will it learn the move?: Since it's an egg move, presumably Zeta has an instinct to use her wings to attack the other pokemon. As she grows, she'll be able to focus it more and more.
Notes: Nah.

Move-Request Form
Name of character: Roxanne Mauden and her Current Levels
Move requested: Thunder Fang, Egg move
Pokemon to be taught: poochyena.gif Mutt
How will it learn the move?: Mutt's father was a Luxray, so he inherited some of his electricity-producing capabilities. Discovered by accident at some point during a battle, maybe when Mutt chomps down and inflicts paralysis on the opposing pokemon.
Notes: I'm thinking this might warrant a level restriction, like unusable until level 13 or something.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 1 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #85

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Gust is approved for Zeta. Usable immediately.

It seems the earliest Mutt would be able to learn Thunder Fang would be 20. HOWEVER, I'm willing to let it be used immediately if the move is not used to its full potential until Level 20, or until Mutt evolves into Mightyena, whichever you decide comes first.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post May 1 2014, 01:18 PM
Post #86

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

Sounds reasonable. Thank you!

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 29 2014, 02:04 AM
Post #87

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Character: Lori Pardare
Current Levels: Here.
Move requested: Substitute
Pokémon to be taught: Chico the Minccino
How will it learn the move: Desperation during battle to evade attacks from a stronger Vigoroth causes Chico to learn the move.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 29 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #88

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Approved

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 21 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #89

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Name of character: Scott Carson and Scott's Current Levels
Move Requested: Telekinesis, Gen 5 TM19
Pokemon to be Taught: Scarlet espeon.gif
How she will learn the move: After evolution and with Scott still hanging around the Ranger Station as it moved into the final stages of construction, Scarlet got bored and began playing around with her psychic powers. After figuring out telepathy, and then teleportation, she started trying to move other objects with her powers. While she did succeed at this, she could only move very light objects short distances, so Scott bought her an older model TM to teach her the secrets of telekinesis.
Notes: I can't guarantee this will always be used the way it was intended (to reduce the foe's evasion). I mean, the possibilities for telekinesis are endless...... she might even go so far as picking up a stick or stone and bashing someone else with it when she's mad or something. But barring an extreme event like that, she'll mostly use it for immobilizing/slowing her opponents and opening doors/turning on lights/getting food that is out of her reach/other basic household actions.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 22 2014, 06:19 AM
Post #90

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Let's hold off on this until Scott actually has an Espeon. wink.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 22 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #91

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Aww, fine. I'll repost it after the roleplay ends then, and possibly add a second move request in as well...... haven't decided yet.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Aug 20 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #92

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Copied from the above post......

Name of character: Scott Carson and Scott's Current Levels
Move Requested: Telekinesis, Gen 5 TM19
Pokemon to be Taught: Scarlet espeon.gif
How she will learn the move: After evolution and with Scott still hanging around the Ranger Station as it moved into the final stages of construction, Scarlet got bored and began playing around with her psychic powers. After figuring out telepathy, and then teleportation, she started trying to move other objects with her powers. While she did succeed at this, she could only move very light objects short distances, so Scott bought her an older model TM to teach her the secrets of telekinesis.
Notes: I can't guarantee this will always be used the way it was intended (to reduce the foe's evasion). I mean, the possibilities for telekinesis are endless...... she might even go so far as picking up a stick or stone and bashing someone else with it when she's mad or something. But barring an extreme event like that, she'll mostly use it for immobilizing/slowing her opponents and opening doors/turning on lights/getting food that is out of her reach/other basic household actions.

And also......

Name of Character: Amber Harrison (her current levels are in Scott's post)
Move Requested: Hidden Power (Dragon), TM10
Pokemon to be Taught: Nikila electrike.gif
How she will learn the move: Amber will borrow the Hidden Power TM that Scott used to teach Ruby, mostly just to see what kind of type Nikila's power is. She will be somewhat sad to find out that it isn't a particularly useful type though.
Notes: None.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Aug 20 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #93

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Approved happy.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Sep 29 2014, 03:39 AM
Post #94

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 546

Jill Cortoma

Name of character: Jill Cortoma - Current Levels
Move requested: Counter, Quick Guard, Fire Punch and Thunder Punch. (All egg-moves)
Pokemon to be taught: chimchar.gif Vex
How will it learn the move?: Since the Grand Invitational, Vex has been obsessed with the Thunder Punch technique he managed to perform back then. During the retrieval of Jill's pokéball in the caverns of Mt. Carrelo, he will keep on trying to use Thunder Punch although commanded otherwise, and when the situation eventually requires for it, Vex will release his full-power move on the unsuspecting residents of said cavern.

Jill will discover Vex's ability to use Quick Guard after the chimchar uses it to deflect the newly-caught Noibat's Wing Attack during a preliminary training for the Arasam Contest. As later on will be revealed, in probably another Rp, Quick Guard was a move Vex was taught by his previous owner, her brother Nathaniel.
Notes: The father is Hitmonchan, so I just added all the moves at once, because yours truly tends to be forgetful. Anyway, Counter and Fire Punch will be learnt in other Rp's though, and Thunder Punch was used during the Grand Invitational, so with your approval, I'd like him to start perfecting it.

This post has been edited by Aura Dynasty: Sep 29 2014, 03:41 AM

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated.
Not once have I retreated,
Nor once have I been understood.
Always alone....
On the hill of swords...
intoxicated by victory...

Thus, this life has no meaning...
This body...surely was...
Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 29 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #95

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Thunder Punch is approved.

Go ahead and wait for the next couple RPs to request the other moves happy.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 23 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #96

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Move-Request Form
Name of character: Scott Carson
Move requested: Iron Tail TM23 (from Gen4)
Pokemon to be taught: Ruby, level 28 Ninetales

How will it learn the move?: From an old TM Scott managed to acquire for cheap while he was going through therapy in the hospital after the events in Fidona. Seeing that Ruby had a habit of wandering off and sometimes even got into fights while he wasn't around, he decided she needed a way to protect herself. Despite already owning the Protect TM for Scarlet, that wasn't really Ruby's style, so Scott needed something else for her. When he saw someone selling an old Iron Tail TM, he had a curious thought- while the steel tails would make for an interesting new style of attack, could that same tail armor also serve as a shield for deflecting attacks by wrapping the tails around herself? Doing so would probably reduce or eliminate her ability to move, but with practice she could easily make a steel wall to block many kinds of physical attacks, then swing the tails outwards in a quick counterattack. Or at least, that was Scott's theory. He has yet to really test it.

Notes: The earliest a non-Steel type learns the move is level 40 (Onix), but I'm willing to heavily nerf Ruby's ability to attack with this move by saying the tails are simply too heavy for her to swing around with ease. She simply won't be able to hit a target in a 1 on 1 against any Pokemon that can move in any slightly unpredictable fashion, and even if she does hit she won't be able to swing the tails very fast, so there won't be much force behind the attack. It's mostly intended as a defensive move, and even then it won't be able to prevent damage from attacks using any kind of energy (ranged attacks mostly, but also physical attacks like Zen headbut or any physical electric/water move). Mostly, it'll stop things like Tackle or Wing Attack or Take Down, that use just the user's strength and/or weight to cause damage.

Plus......

Name of Character: Amber Harrison (same link as above for levels)
Move requested: Aerial Ace TM40
Pokemon to be taught: Luna, level 18 Absol

How will it learn the move?: TM. Luna's role is to be able to deal heavy damage to as many kinds of foes as possible, and since both Amber's team and Scott's team lack a flying-type move entirely, the extra damage potential paired with Aerial Ace's outstanding accuracy ended up being too tempting for Amber to ignore.

Notes: A few non-flying Pokemon learn Aerial Ace at level 10 or lower, so level shouldn't be an issue here.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 24 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #97

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I love it when these are so well thought out.

Approved happy.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:46 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.