Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Broken Stars, 7eeveelutions, rt117, and Kamaitachi
Kamaitachi
post Oct 30 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

That's a crap title I threw down, because I can't title anything to save my life.

Let's come up with a plot! Because having plots is good.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Oct 31 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Just about anything plot-wise will work for me.

Where will our characters be? My vote would be somewhere outside of one of the big cities. Scott has travelled outside the Loch Ranch area much apart from going to some of the larger cities (mostly Gigarte) when he needed to go shopping for something he couldn't find closer to home, so he'd probably be wandering around looking for interesting places to visit and build up his Ranger skills.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 14 2013, 01:48 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

So, rt and I were thinking Arasam. We can be outside Arasam first. I know Tikal and Cesc will somehow, magically, wind up in a training match to help prepare Tikal for her gym battle with Otis.

Also, Tikal will take on Otis for the Emberwing Badge. Cesc will challenge Troy for the Metalliclaw Ribbon. Seems pretty legit, no?

Anyone catching any Pokemon?

Tikal may be catching a Swablu? Cesc may be catching a Gligar? Let's talk!

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

rt117
post Nov 14 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

Im starting to have second thoughts about catching a Pokemon in this thread, only because i might want to wait awhile longer to hasten the rate at which my teams levels at. Opinions?

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 14 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I'd wait. 15 levels gets spread pretty thin across more pokemon, ya know?

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Nov 15 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #6

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I doubt I'll catch anything. If I did, it would probably be some kind of bird. Or maybe an Absol. Whenever Mega Evolution gets allowed, an Absol would be awesome to have :p

Scott would probably be interested in observing any gym battles. And eating at Charizard's Maw sounds like fun.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 15 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Okay, Tikal will also need to run into some moon stones at some point. Is there some "ranger business" that Scott can be up to wherein he needs Cesc and Tikal's help? Maybe they find a cache of Moon Stones?

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

rt117
post Nov 15 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

QUOTE(Kamaitachi @ Nov 14 2013, 04:25 PM) *
I'd wait. 15 levels gets spread pretty thin across more pokemon, ya know?

I know, I was just thinking out loud for something she'd eventually do wink.gif
Probably will wait until high 20s (near 30s) before I do any captures

--------------------

PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Nov 16 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #9

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Maybe...... I'm not totally sure what kinds of things Rangers do (and I've played the Ranger games). I would think it would be along the lines of stopping poachers and Team Deception, and making sure Trainers aren't abusing their Pokemon. But Scott is still a Ranger-in-training, so I'm not entirely sure what the higher-ranked Rangers would let him do. He'll probably be fine just helping Cesc and Tikal if they run into a problem and maybe getting into a battle or two or three. He does have a bit of a unique style of battling, at least when he's using his Vulpix......

Finding Moon Stones seems like a fun idea, though. Any evolution stones, really. Maybe we can find some sort of cave full of evolution stones, with some kind of really strong Pokemon guarding them?

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

rt117
post Nov 16 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

If you need some direction on what Rangers do, trying watching a couple of the episodes about them. It'll probably help give you a better idea (basically keep things in the balance while stopping criminals in the like from poaching, as you mentioned before).

There was also an episode similar to your suggestion too, and it came out fairly recently:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW135

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Nov 16 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Ahh! An episode with Eevees! Those are dangerous, they can cause terrifying levels of distraction when shown to me......

I've always thought of the Pokemon Rangers as being similar to US Park Rangers, keeping nature clean and undisturbed, with maybe a little bit of State Trooper mixed in since I'm sure they can arrest people and they aren't confined to one small area like normal police or Park Rangers. Scott doesn't have one of those capture disks either, you never see a Ranger with one of those in the main series games.

I also can't help but wonder what a Ranger would do if a cave like the one I suggested was found. If a Ranger is supposed to keep nature as undisturbed as possible...... maybe Scott would be supposed to try and keep everyone else from taking the stones? He already has a Fire Stone for Ruby and the two Eevees will be Espeon and Umbreon eventually, so he doesn't need any himself.

I can see some criminals finding the cave and trying to take the stones to sell them. That would be interesting.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 16 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cool,

And just a side note, Team Deception is widely unknown. By virtue of being deceptive, they typically don't run around yelling mottos telling everyone who they are. Unless he's dealt with them directly, there's a slim chance he'd know they exist.

I'm fine with the caves.

We'll double whammy it up. Here's the current plot idea.

Cesc and Tikal meet up, and have a training match near Scott, who is on patrol after getting a report of poachers in the Arasam area.

Scott questions Cesc and Tikal, wondering if they've seen anything. Being good natured, Cesc and Tikal probably agree to help him search. They wind up finding some Pokemon caught in various traps. Let's say one of them is a Pokemon like Growlithe, Poochyena or Spoink, who has Odor Sleuth, and they use that to track down the poachers to a cave.

The poachers have several captured Pokemon, as well as an illegal mining operation, where they're digging up evolutionary stones?

Cue Battle.

That should be enough, I believe.

Tikal and Cesc can have their Gym and Contest Battles in the next rp, as I think this should be good to cover it. I'd rather Scott be able to join up with another rp where he can actually do something, so you're not bored watching us slug it out for badges and ribbons.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

rt117
post Nov 16 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Sure thing! A follow up means more opportunities to rp anyways cat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Nov 16 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Works for me.

Scott has no idea who Team Deception is. He hasn't really had anything interesting happen during his Ranger training thus far.

On a side note, it might take me a couple posts to get the hang of how you guys RP here. I've roleplayed before, but not in an RPG like this. Hope I don't slow you guys down much.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

rt117
post Nov 16 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

as long as you make the effort to keep up, im happy happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Nov 17 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #16

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Keeping up with the roleplay will be easy. I'm used to much shorter posts that are made much more quickly than what's normally done here, though. I'm most curious to see how Scott's special way of battling with Ruby will work.

Also, what will the poachers be like? Will they be Team Deception or just some random criminals?

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Nov 17 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Random Criminals.

I may be a bit slow to post at first, as my calender this month has things written like: "Sleep? Maybe?" about one day a week. The main thread should be up soon.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Dec 10 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #18

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Just so you guys know, that Absol I introduced is going to be somewhat important to the RP, as she is one of the guardians of the cave full of evolution stones. She's at least a mid-level and at this point in the story won't be letting anyone catch her, but later on if Cesc or Tikal wants to catch her that's fine. If I decide to catch an Absol it will end up being one of her lower-level children.

Also, I've got a slightly different plan as to how Scott finds out about the cave's existence and about the poachers.

I was thinking that a different Ranger was recently (about a day prior to the story) scouring the mountainside on patrol and stumbled upon the previously-undiscovered cave full of evolution stones (and maybe mega stones?) with several strong Pokemon guarding them (possibly those who can use mega stones? Although that isn't the reason I chose an Absol for the first guardian). He was unable to win the Pokemon's trust so he could not enter the cave, but he did take a detailed journal about the cave and he called Ranger Command to report his findings, but didn't know his exact location, which is important because after returning to a little-used Ranger Station in Arasam he was robbed (he was the only Ranger on duty at the time). The object of the robbery was his journal, which detailed the location of the cave, and the robbers were the poachers we'll meet later.

The Ranger was then airlifted to a hospital unconscious, so he can't tell anyone the actual location of the cave, and without the journal nobody knows anything more than which side of the mountain the cave was on. With most of the other senior Rangers occupied doing other things, Ranger Command wants Scott to find the cave and then either enlist other nearby Trainers to help secure the cave or simply wait for backup.

Scott doesn't know any of this yet, but Command will call him soon enough to give him his mission.

Is this okay with the two of you? Any changes you want to make?

I have no idea how many of the guarding Pokemon there should be or what kinds of Pokemon they will be. As for the poachers, I think ten of them ought to be a good enough number to give everyone problems. Most of them would simply have low-level Dark-types that even weak Ruby could deal with, but they'd have lots of them and use a strength-in-numbers kind of tactic. I do think throwing in a Tyranitar or Hydregion or something similar for the leader might be interesting......

Also, since these are poachers, would it be against the RP rules for one or two of the poachers to have a rifle or shotgun? If they can't, then that's fine, I'm just curious.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Dec 10 2013, 10:42 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 11 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I didn't plan on Cesc catching the Absol OR Ruby for that matter.

If you have a good way to introduce the Senior Ranger subplot, then go for it. I'm down.

As for Pokemon in the cave? Probably not too powerful. Tikal and Cesc's Pokemon are in the 30s. Same with the Poachers, we can't have them too powerful. 10 enemies with teams of Pokemon is too much for me; I tried that in an rp once, and the battle took FOREVER.

So to keep it simple, I think 3 poachers is fine. Each one can have a team with Pokemon equal to one of our heroes, so we each get a fight. If you want to have a leader with Higher Level Pokemon they have to gang up on, that's fine too. Hydreigon or Tyranitar is a bit much. Realistically, they'd stomp our tired team out pretty badly.

We can use Pokemon that could evolve with Mega Stones, but Mega Stones haven't been formally introduced into PANE, so they wouldn't be Mega Evolving.

They can have a rifle or shotgun, but they should only whip it out as a last resort, please.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Dec 11 2013, 01:32 AM
Post #20

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I'm still trying to figure out bits and pieces of how to introduce it. I thought that initially just having someone up in Ranger Command (or whatever they're called) contact Scott to give him the task of figuring out where the cave is, but only giving him very vague information on where it may be and only a little information about the thieves/poachers and what happened to the other senior Ranger. Later on, Command could send another message with greater details after the senior Ranger wakes up. Other than that, I can't think of much as far as implementing the idea.

As far as "powerful" goes I was thinking mainly around levels 20-25, something which would probably be fairly strong for a wild Pokemon. Maybe one or two around level 30-35 for a greater challenge, but I'm not sure it will even matter because by the time we reach the cave the poachers will be our main problem and these evolution stone guardians will be more of an ally than an enemy. Afterwards, though, anyone who wants a stone will probably have to beat at least one of the guardians though to be let into the cave again......

I see your point for the poachers. I don't know if three is enough, but it is a convenient number so we might as well use that. They'll need to be strong enough to defeat all of the cave guardians, so maybe having one "boss" to gang up on isn't so bad of an idea. We could fight the other two weak poachers as a group, and then gang up on their boss afterwards. The weak guys could have Pokemon around level 15 so Scott's team won't be totally useless, while the boss might have a team around level 35 or so.

A firearm will probably exist in the possession of one of the poachers, something to scare Scott, Cesc, and Tikal but it (hopefully) won't be used against us. It could have been used for the robbery on the other Ranger and to scare the cave guardians and make them easier to trap. If it's a handgun, it could even be something for Ebony to steal with Covet.

As for the Mega Stones, they could exist in the cave but without anyone knowing what they actually are. They wouldn't work without a Mega Ring anyway. At least, it's an idea about where you could possibly find Mega Stones for future roleplays.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:37 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.