Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Broken Stars, 7eeveelutions, rt117, and Kamaitachi
7eeveelutions
post Mar 23 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #21

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Excuse the double post...... but I have a few ideas and notes for the upcoming battle.

First note is that Scott's team is currently almost falling apart. Scarlet's not in a state where she can currently battle, and although she won't show it to anyone Ruby is absolutely exhausted, as battling on her own without Scott's help is more tiring for her because she has to think and strategize more/faster than if Scott were giving orders. That just leaves Ebony, but he may have other tasks to do with Covet, as I'll mention later. His team just isn't used to having multiple battles in quick succession. And that isn't even taking the group's fear of Mightyena into account......

That'll leave Cesc to take on all three remaining poachers on his own, although Ruby will do her best to help. Even with the wild Absol/Glaceon and eventually (hopefully) a wild Lucario helping (that Lucario from the pictures we found earlier), I'm not sure how to get around this. I suppose trying to lure one of the poachers away from the others and then taking him out might help, but that'll only make Ruby (and Cesc's team) even more tired, or even knock her out entirely...... if it works at all.

One rather evil idea I had was to drop the Fire Stone Scott is saving for Ruby down in front of the cave, and wait for one of the poachers to go and pick it up before we drop something/someone on top of him. I don't really want to kill someone though, and dropping a large stone (or Tybalt/Scott/Cesc) from 20 feet up onto someone would probably have rather painful effects.

We could also use the handgun we picked off the first poacher along with any ranged attacks our Pokemon know to try and ambush everyone and simply hope for the best. Or we could do it without the gun too.

But whatever happens, Ruby isn't going to make it through the entire battle and Ebony's going to be focusing on stealing the boss poacher's set of keys to the Pokemon cages. If he can manage that, Scott can unlock the cages and let the Pokemon inside offer their own assistance to Cesc.

But all of this leads to one last idea, since we're so badly outmatched here. What if we plan to lose the battle? The poachers could take us prisoner and fly us off somewhere to their base, where we would have to find a way to escape. I think that might even be a way to tie in the RP's name Broken Stars (not that it's really that important to do that).

In doing so, we could possibly even put that in a second RP so that someone from the outside is able to break in and help us out. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part to try and get more levels, since it would lock our characters together for a while longer......

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 26 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #22

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Hmmmm...
I bet they would definitely have to use divide and conquer tactics. Lure one of them out and take them down rather than engaging all of them in straight up battle.

Cesc emptied the ammo out of the handgun, so they couldn't really use it as anything more than a bluff. Why don't we say this:

Scott and Cesc lure one of them out, magically, place the empty handgun to his head, then knock him unconscious? That leaves two poachers.

They can sneak in, and have Ebony use covet, taking the keys. If Ebony gets spotted, they can spring cover and ambush the remaining two. While Cesc and Ruby take on the poachers, keeping them busy, Scott can take the keys and let out the caged Pokemon. Since Ruby will most likely get knocked out, why not have Scott team up with the Absol and Glaceon as temporary partners? Then the Lucario in question? That way they can divvy up the remaining two poachers.

And...voila!

Then we can end the rp, and Scott and Cesc can move on to other adventures. I'd planned on Cesc entering a contest in Arasam, so maybe Scott can tag along for a spell? There can be another ranger instance in the city itself, so that would occupy their time pre-contest?

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Mar 27 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #23

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Okay, that works for me. The poachers aren't quite done getting all the evolution stones they can carry yet, so there will be a few moments when one or two of them enter the cave and our characters can move more easily without being seen.

Scott is a Ranger...... so I can't believe I didn't think of just having him team up with our wild allies. Well, I suppose that will work. Glaceon's a bit too strong for Scott to handle, but Absol and maybe Lucario will work. I might just have Lucario stay in the cave until we're done, unless something really bad happens.

Scott's going to need to head back to where his house used to be in the Loch Ranch area for a little while afterwards, because a Ranger station is going to be built on the land he owns, which will become his new home. That's what the letter that Staraptor dropped off earlier deals with. He only needs to stay long enough to get some of his preferences into the building plans though, so he'll probably wander off somewhere else soon afterwards. If he is aware that Cesc is going to be entering a contest in Arasam, he might head back there for a while, otherwise he'll just find trouble to stick his nose in somewhere else.

I can't remember if I mentioned it somewhere or not...... but I was planning on that giant icy-or-crystal-like stone in the pictures that is deep in the cave being an Icy Rock. That will be why the Glaceon was living in the cave instead of in a much colder location. I was hoping that there could be a long, narrow passageway at the back of the main cave that led deep into and farther up the mountain to where the rock is located.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 27 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #24

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

I'll make it known at the end that Cesc is going to enter the contest in Arasam, giving Scott a reason to come back. Then more shennanigans can ensue in the city. Perhaps with this same lot of poachers breaking out or something. We'll jump off of that bridge when we get to it.

I remember the big ice rock and assumed it was one in the same. There can absolutely be a narrow passageway to the icy rock happy.gif

I'll try and post this weekend; been extraordinarily busy with opening a show, etc.

Cheers

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Mar 27 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #25

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Jumping off bridges...... that sounds like an interesting activity. At least, as long as we have parachutes or birds or something else to stop any meetings with the ground below.

Ah. Well I've been busy with spring break stuff, four exams, and a term paper over the past two weeks with another exam on Friday so I've been real busy too. And then at the end of April comes the first of the final exams and a major programming project. I can't wait until mid-May and be done with this semester.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:30 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.