Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gathering at the Gateway, Living Arrow, Kamaitachi, A Kitty Cat, Huntress Wizard
Huntress Wizard
post May 12 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #21

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

Is it all right if I post, or do you want me to wait for Kami (Kamai?) to post?

--------------------

~~~~~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post May 12 2014, 11:55 PM
Post #22

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Go for it happy.gif

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post May 20 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Hope A Kitty Cat posts soon...otherwise, Roxxy's pretty stuck. :|

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post May 23 2014, 02:37 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 217 810

Cool Bros

Sorry sorry, been intervewing and sorting out for Internships the past few days. I'm all good for now and should be back to on time posts.

Edit: Do you guys want me to post again? I don't know what really needs to be done by Marwan right now but I can if I need to?

This post has been edited by A Kitty Cat: May 25 2014, 07:17 PM

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 10 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

So are we still going to work in that second battle with some thugs who are barring entry into the ferry? The RP would definitely be long enough without it, but a second battle might liven up the action a bit more before the end. Plus it might be a nice way for Lori to get acquainted with her new pokemon.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 11 2014, 07:12 AM
Post #26

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

As long as we have a good idea for why the thugs would be blocking the public access to the ferry then I don't see why not.

But Lori getting acquainted with her new Pokemon? LOL not sure if she'd call it that!

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 11 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Hmm, yeah...well, could they just be jerk people who are in the way somehow and don't want to move? I don't really have any ideas beyond that.

Ha, yeah. More like "scream and flail around because what the heck was her sister thinking, giving her a bug." Hope the poor thing doesn't take Lori's running away to heart.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jun 11 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cool Bros

Anything works for me, would you guys like me to post again before we get moved? I think I could fill something in. It's up to you guys though.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 13 2014, 09:33 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

I would say if Kami doesn't post tomorrow, then go ahead.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 14 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I'm almost done with a 12 hour rehearsal. I can whip up a post tonight.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 14 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

12 hours!?!? Jeez that's a long time, no wonder you haven't been active. Rehearsing for what, if I may ask?

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 15 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Haha, well, currently I work during the day from 10-5:30, then rehearse from 6:30-11. Then for this weekend, it's our tech-weekend, so we have 11-11 and 10-10 for Saturday and Sunday, since we open this coming Friday. Such is the life of a professional actor, haha!

The show is called "Flying V Fights: Love is a Battlefield" with Flying V productions. It's a devised piece (There's no script), and it focuses on examining love and relationships through combat and violence. The director is calling it a theatrical album, so there's no overarching story, just a series of vignettes in completely different styles. There's no dialogue in the show; it's completely wordless.

So we have:

Opening Montage

Oh My Heart - a three-part piece that shows a new couple starting a relationship, while the woman's ex-husband looks on. In the first piece, she goes on a date with an old friend now turned lover, and it's about looking at ourselves, studying our vulnerabilities, and choosing love in spite of our selves. In the second part, we focus on the ex-husband, who has chosen a more depressive and violent route (and he punches a whole through a wall on stage). The third piece has him ripping his own heart out, through a Fight Club-esque sequence of self inflicted violence.

Wrestling - A married couple who resolves their arguments by engaging one another in pro-wrestling. It's a super face paced piece where they're showing us their argument through a series of chain wrestling moves.

Clown Piece - A very silly look at love and violence, where the girl tries to get the guys attention through a series of wonderful little mishaps. Then she winds up killing him by accident. The second piece is her attaching strings to him, and using his corpse as a puppet so that she can continue their relationship. Despite the macabre of it, it's more funny than not.

Knife Tango - I get to play a man who's crossed the mafia, and I'm on the run. I meet a gorgeous woman at a bar, and seduce her with tango. Then, as I'm pulling up her skirt in one of the lifts, I discover that she has a knife, and that she's an assassin sent to kill me. So we tango and knife fight. She lands the first blow, holding her knife to my neck, but then takes my tie, and it devolves into a tango-knife-fight-game, where if we land a hit on a piece of clothing, the other person has to remove it. We're down to our undies by the end of the piece.

Homoerotic MMA - Two men in a relationship celebrate their love by fighting it out MMA style. It's a cute and sexy piece where they show us the good-nature competition of love, as well as an enjoyment of violence between two consenting partners.

Kung Fu Break Up - My partner and I recorded a break up scene, and as it plays over the speaker, we play out the emotional content using Shaolin Staff (her), and Bagua Staff (Me), and we use Kung Fu as a means of highlighting the emotions of a break up as it occurs.

Hurt - A woman looks at the scars on her body, while people in shadowboxes act out events of her past that led her to cutting. It's a look at abuse, and self-inflicted violence in lieu of self love and self confidence, and what leads people to hurt themselves.

Gladiator Battle - So me and another guy are comrades in arms, and in a battle royal, we fight off the rest of the cast (I get to wield a trident and shield!). We beat the impossible odds through teamwork, but then realize that we still have to fight one another. In our battle, we then have to decide which is worth more: Friendship or Freedom.

Abusive Relationship Dance - A Modern Dance look at toxic relationships, and why we stay in them despite how bad they are for us.

Pillow Fight - Our closing number, where it's pretty much just a pillow fight, then shifts to foam weapons, and is just a playful grand finale to end our show.

So, there are no lines to learn, but there's an awful lot of choreography to go over, hence why I've been so busy happy.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 15 2014, 04:49 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Yoooo, that sounds really cool (especially the gladiator part what no I'm not a Latin student or anything shhhh) and intricate and worth all the practicing!! Good luck on your performance!!!

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 20 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Ah yes, I should've mentioned this.

Go ahead and rp your opponent; pick their Pokemon etc.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jun 27 2014, 07:05 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

I should have a post up by the end of the weekend; currently visiting relatives, so I don't have as much free time as usual.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jul 1 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Sorry for the double post, but since my departure for 3 weeks without WiFi is in about a week, what do you guys want to do about Roxxy? Do you want to wait my absence out, or just drag her along for the rest of the RP? Her battle's almost finished; if need be I can wrap it up in my next post, and then she'll just have the ferry ride to be puppeted along on.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 3 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

We have roughly the requisite of posts.

So why don't we wrap up the battles, then Roxxy can sit out for a little bit while Marwan, Tag, and Lori all chat it up on the ferry?

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jul 3 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Sounds good! She'll probably need the rest anyway, recovering from a massive headache and whatnot, lol.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

A Kitty Cat
post Jul 3 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cool Bros

Well I just finished my first tour guide for the neighborhood I was researching for one of my internships today...thats cool too...right? Totally as cool as an awesome sounding show...

But yeah now that I have that little bit of fried gold wrapped up I should be able to get a post up sooner than a week after the last post now.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jul 6 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

No matter what happens, I'll have my last post up tomorrow and you guys can finish off from there. Thanks for a great first RP, I look forward to more!

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.