Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Voice in My Head, Darius returns!
Toogee
post May 10 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

The Voice in My Head

“After the events of the Petropolis Grand Invitational, Darius Dovakin wandered the forests of Furoh. His swift defeat by the mega aerodactyl had made him realize that he was in no way prepared to be a dragon trainer. And so, he led his charmader Bindy and his arbok Snake into battle with whatever creature they came across. Whispers of a warrior conquering all spread through the woods. Yet Darius did not hear these trepidations. His mind was filled by another’s voice, one guiding him to an unknown location. The voice only gave one clue: go to the darkest corner behind a lock that needs no key.”

“But Darius would not heed the call. Identifying the voice as some sort of pokemon, the warrior set out to defeat the one that invaded his mind. He looked under every rock and burrow until he set upon the Ranch of Loch. Yes! He was on the right path! A place full of pokemon would surely hide the foulness that plagued him. He looked up to the sky and shouted out in jubilation- wait.”

“NARRATOR! STOP TALKING!”

“Ah, that was meant for me…”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darius Dovakin is wandering Loch Ranch in search of the telepath talking to him in his thoughts. He intends to interrogate any pokemon that gives him a funny look, which does not sit well with the Lochs. The ranchers call upon a local ranger station (as well as any trainers in the area) to rein this intruder in and figure out what is going on. Who is this telepath/ A pokemon? A person? Or is it Darius’s own addled mind still suffering the after-effects of a concussion?

This RP is a bit Darius focused, so I’m welcome to any ideas to add to this. Battles will likely consist of Darius aggravating various pokemon species he runs into on the ranch. This adventure is a mostly lighthearted affair, so we won’t see any villains mucking things up. I’ll keep the RP small, so there should be at least two openings. If needed, I’ll add more.

1. Toogee
2. 7eeveelutions
3. Hydra

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 10 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

Since I'm stranded without an RP and looking for one this might be a nice one to try out if allowed to join in. However I am not totally sure yet how to incorporate Sebastian into the plot and may need some help with that. At this current time I thought this building block is a good start:

What's next for Sebastian West:
  • Sebastian lose his Magby and Elekid in Loch Ranch
  • Sebastian sees a strong looking Cranidos and wants it for himself, since he has not much money on him he decides to steal it and make a getaway.
  • Maybe Darius notices what Sebastian has done and they end up having a battle? If so then during the battle Jaws the Totodile would evolve.
I was thinking of having Sebastian lose his Magby and Elekid when he lets them roam around the ranch, he does not end up finding them as he feels their attitude is not vital to his team as they seemingly do not like their trainer and hide in a pack of their own species. Sebastian sees a Cranidos and wants to make it his. He steals the Cranidos from the ranch and makes a getaway without the owners of the ranch realizing what has happened until it is too late. I was also thinking of having Sebastian's 'Jaws the Totodile' evolve and have Sebastian acquire a Metal Coat for Scyther.

In short, please let me know if I'm allowed to join in, if so I'd love to plot some ideas and help make this a thread to be remembered and enjoyed.

This post has been edited by Hydra: May 10 2014, 04:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 10 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Squawk!
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

I'm in with both my character Scott and his partner Amber. I think Kamaitachi might be looking for a roleplay for Cesc as well, but I don't know for sure.

I would like to point out that at this point, Scott's Ranger Station is not yet entirely built, but rather only a month or two into construction. There could be another Ranger Station in the area, of course, and the Lochs already know Scott so they can contact him even if the station isn't fully constructed, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

I think having Scott and Amber chasing Darius (and maybe Sebastian if he steals the Cranidos) around would be rather amusing. Scott's farm, or what remains of it, is mostly fruit and berry trees, so it might be a good idea to look there because if it is a telepathic Pokemon it will probably be near food. The last remaining Pokemon belonging to Scott's parents is a Braviary who went through a few of the Sinnoh gyms a while back, so getting caught trespassing by it might cause him some problems.

I wouldn't mind a bunch of battles, but Scott's team isn't real strong yet, although he does have the advantage of having a partner to help him out.

I would prefer to wait until after my previous RP has been graded to start, though, so that I know which new moves my team can learn...... maybe it's time to start bugging LA to grade it......

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: May 10 2014, 07:12 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 10 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

And a Golurk

First, everyone's in! Hooray!

@ Hydra: All that sounds good, though I'm not sure how he's getting a metal coat here. Is he permanently losing his elekid and magby?

@ 7e: We can wait a bit if you need to. Do keep in mind that we mods have lives outside of PANE, so be patient. He knows. The RP won't be full of battles; just enough to make things interesting.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 10 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #5

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how he will get a Metal Coat either, that may just have to wait until the next roleplay that I am in then. Also he would permanently lose his Elekid and Magby in Loch Ranch and end up with a stolen Cranidos.

Maybe Darius or Scott notices Sebastian in the act of stealing and tries to stop him from getting away, this could lead to a battle where Totodile evolves and Sebastian somehow gets away with Cranidos? I'm not entirely sure yet, a little help coming up with a good idea would be helpful, thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 10 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #6

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Are there any Pokemon that like shiny things? Maybe you could find something hoarding shiny stuff, and among that stuff is a Metal Coat. Sebastian could probably steal that, or maybe trade something even shinier for it.

Scott and his partner will probably remain around the Ranger Station to oversee/assist in its construction, at least until they are called into action. However, Scott's Vulpix is trained to act on her own, so she'll be out and about looking for all kinds of trouble in the beginning. She wears a small Ranger vest now, so she'll be easily identifiable as a non-wild opponent and her favorite move, Disable, causes her tails to glow as if she were making a psychic attack, so Darius might attack her looking for the telepath. She can also get in the way of Sebastian, since she knows that nobody is supposed to be on the Loch Ranch without permission. Any attacks on her would definitely bring Scott and Amber out to investigate.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 10 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

That is a great idea 7E! Since Meowth is a pokemon that likes shiny stuff I think I'll have Seb's pokemon distract the feline pokemon whilst he steals the item! Feeling anxious about going back to his past ways Sebastian tries to sneakily escape Loch Ranch with his new prized item where only Jaws and Blade follow their trainer and the other two stay behind with others of their own species. Cranidos who had been nearby watching the whole event unfold it interested in seeing what will happen next and decides to follow Sebastian. Sebastian senses that he is being followed by something... it's Cranidos. Seb and his team battle Cranidos and Jaws evolves during the battle and gets the victory as Seb captures Cranidos. I don't want Seb getting arrested or anything just yet, but if either Darius or Scott wants to try and stop him they are more then welcome to try.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 10 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

And a Golurk

My only issue is that the pokemon of Loch Ranch are owned by people; you can't capture them in pokeballs. We'll have to come up with a way around that so Seb can have a cranidos.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 10 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #9

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Hmm, well that idea is now down the drain. What if it were a wild Cranidos not owned by a trainer and is lost near Loch Ranch. Either Darius or Scott can accuse Sebastian of stealing, and then Seb wins a battle to prove that he is innocent for stealing a Pokemon, but little do they know he is guilty for stealing an item?

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 10 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #10

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Considering it is a ranch, I wouldn't be surprised to find some wild Pokemon on it. A Cranidos would be something out of the ordinary since it is fossil-based, but it wouldn't be impossible...... it could also be a Cranidos that had a Trainer once, but either was abandoned or the Trainer died at some point so that it now doesn't have an owner and can be captured again.

Even if Scott were to win and try (and actually succeed) to arrest Sebastian for stealing (or Darius for assault, if he goes around attacking stuff), he doesn't have a place to jail them, so he'd have to release them. Maybe he'd fine them. Or he'd just let his slightly sadistic Vulpix have at them to give them a better reason not to commit crimes. There's no way Scott would know about Sebastian stealing a Metal Coat though, and if he just took it from a wild Meowth who probably stole it from someone else int he first place, he really wouldn't care enough to try and arrest them anyway. Rather, he'd probably want to know where this Meowth lives to see what else it has, and if nothing else to take pictures of it with his camera.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 11 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #11

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Honestly I'm in favor of the idea of Cranidos previously being owned by a different trainer but its trainer died somewhere nearby Loch Ranch. Cranidos often roams the area and Loch Ranch itself to communicate with other pokemon as it feels incredibly lonely, and that would be where Seb and his team come in and the story goes from there.

Since Sebastian's pokemon are well higher levels then Scott's we could have my character act all cocky like and offer a three on one battle where the result ends up as a draw? The guilt that Seb is feeling after going back to his previous ways leads him to tell the truth.Maybe Scott forgives Seb for taking the Metal Coat and then turns his interest to the item thief Meowth?

By the way 7E, maybe your character as a Ranger may have heard of the passing of a trainer recently [Cranidos' previous trainer] and tells Seb all about it and tells him to take good care of it or something like that? Sebastian won't be very friendly, however he will have a greater respect for Scott by the end of the thread.

How does that sound?

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 11 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #12

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Well, keep in mind that Scott does have a partner, Amber, who brings another pair of Pokemon into the mix for a total of five. Plus, I have an ungraded RP, so my team's levels will all be higher by the time the roleplay starts. Of course, if Sebastian wants to act cocky and challenge both of them, go right on ahead. It would make for an interesting battle.

Scott's busy with the building of his new home, so I'll have Amber learn of some kind of accident that killed off some random Trainer with a Cranidos. Maybe a car or motorcycle wreck, or a small plane crash, or something of the sort. Or I could use a certain pack of Mightyena that gave Scott problems several months prior to the RP in and have them kill the Trainer, but that's a little bit more gruesome.

As for the Metal Coat, Scott will make a deal that if Sebastian tells him where the Meowth is, he'll pretend that the Metal Coat never existed and ignore the thievery.

My only question is, where does Darius fit in? Scott and Amber could run in to Sebastian while chasing Darius? Or the other way around? Darius could even interrupt the battle between the two Rangers and Sebastian.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 11 2014, 07:09 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

And a Golurk

For Cranidos: The cranidos could be someone's extra breeding stock that they donated to the ranch. Scott could succeed in arresting Seb and bring him to the Lochs for justice. The Lochs do not press charges. Why? Because he practically gave them a magby and an elekid. It's not stealing: it's a 2 for 1 trade! They'll formally make the trade while teaching Seb that sometimes the easiest way isn't necessary the illegal way :P. And nobody dies!

I'm gonna need to organize all of this brainstorming into a plot, so I'll post again when I figure that out.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 11 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #14

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Actually Togee that sounds like a marvelous idea! I really like how this is looking as a thread and am very excited for it to begin once the plot is made and 7E's levels have been given out. This thread could be a turning point in Seb's journey where he realized that he could have been charged by the Loch's, so he virtually gets a second chance at not stuffing up again! Cannot wait, so keen for this roleplay, it's going to be awesome if we can keep it active and actually finish it as a team!

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 11 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #15

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

My previous RP just got graded, so I'm all set to go now.

Really anything works for me as long as my own characters and all of their current Pokemon are in one piece at the end of the roleplay :p

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 12 2014, 02:49 AM
Post #16

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

That's great to hear 7E, congratulations on your really good grading score! Now once Toogee has the plot drawn up and we all agree upon it we can get this roleplay started. It's been a while since I last roleplayed on PANE so my excitement continues to grow towards getting back into it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 12 2014, 06:28 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

And a Golurk

1. Darius enter Loch Ranch, starts "interrogating" pokemon. Ranch employees call Scott and Amber.

2. Seb enters Loch Ranch, loses elekid and magby while looking around.

3. Scott and Amber confront Darius, attempt to figure out what's wrong with him.

4. During that, Seb attempts to run off with a cranidos. Rangers either split up or refocus on Seb.

5. Darius angers some herd of pokemon. The possible stampede distracts rangers, Seb gets away.

6. Battle with aforementioned pokemon.

7. Seb gets metal coat, rangers assume he stole it. Darius decides to help them out. Seb apprehended.

8. Rangers and Darius take Seb to the Loch's, who were in the middle of figuring out who abandoned an elekid and magby. Decide not to press charges, formally make the trade.

9. With that solved, they direct Darius to a cave on the ranch, where he meets his telepathic narrator.

10. Ending stuff.

Very basic timeline. Did I get everything?

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post May 12 2014, 06:36 AM
Post #18

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Looks good to Me Toogee! I'm pretty sure you got everything correct by the look of it, however some of those events may be re-arranged in order [Acquiring Metal Coat before making an escape that leads to Cranidos chasing Seb down]. So therefore during one of the battles I will have Totodile evolve and that looks to be the only event missing from the timeline.

Looks like it is time to get started hey!

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post May 12 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #19

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Works for me. I don't know if I'll split my two characters up or if they will try to stay together yet. It depends on how the RP actually goes.

I might put Scott's Vulpix out on patrol in the ranch in the beginning of the roleplay. She can serve as a bit of an annoyance until Scott and Amber arrive.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 13 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As long as we have a basic outline, we should be good.

I'll have the RP up closer to the end of the week. Been busy.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.