Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Escape To The Amazon!, Fidona Based Roleplay
FirePower
post Sep 20 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #21

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

I'm all for adding a new member, if Hydra agrees. Those fallback plans all sound good to me. Hydra hasn't been on since the twelfth. Do you think we should wait. . . another week or two, maybe?

(P.S. Ungrounded! I should be more active now.)

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 20 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #22

Squawk!
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

If my previous roleplay with him is a good example, then he probably won't be back for another two months......

Darkrow and his/her character Lucie are looking for their first roleplay, so maybe they can join us in our quest to find something interesting to do.

It will take at least a few days to get a new story set up, and if Hydra hasn't shown up again by then, we should probably start without him.

Current ideas are-
- Poachers! Again! It is a rainforest after all......
- A fight with the natives, possibly involving kidnappings?
- Other criminal activity to bust?
- One of us could have a Pokemon get lost in the forest and we have to go find them while they get into all sorts of trouble?
^ Those would be things Scott would e involved in as a Ranger, but if there are any events in your character's backstory you might want to use, throw them out and we'll see if we can use them.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 20 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #23

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

I'd be up to join this with Lucie (I'm a guy, by the way!)

Lucie's complete inexperience and obliviousness to, well, everything could make her quite the interesting party member here, though with her having no money I'd have to find a reason for her to have ended up all the way to Fidona (maybe snuck on a boat?).

One thing to note is that Lucie will probably be hostile to you guys' charries at first unless her clumsiness and inexperience force her to approach them first to ask for help. Perhaps the lost pokémon route could work well using Lucie; her Minccino Pecan has the habit of wandering away.

Otherwise, since she comes from a family of crime, she's probably known by quite a few criminals. Dunno how that could come into play, but it's there. She herself looks down on criminals (despite stealing often... hypocrite) so busting down criminals/poachers would come naturally to her.

She's also clueless enough to easily be a kidnap victim; the natives could think she's rich because of her clothes, as tattered and dirty as they are.

Less relevant to plot itself, but good to know (I think?), Lucie's main goal is to be rich again and she's really whiny, so a rainforest would probably have her whining about the weather and the general surroundings, not to mention she'll be terrified of whatever pokémon lives in there.

Edit: Also, if we're doing this RP without Hydra, maybe we should make another thread for this story?

This post has been edited by Darkrow: Sep 20 2014, 09:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Sep 20 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #24

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

ummmm, native poachers kidnapping one or more characters because they went searching for lost Pokemon?

Yeah, I'm just kidding about that (though if you guys like it, full steam ahead!). Everything sounds pretty good to me. By the way, Kaya's not really familiar with Fidona, so Scott would probably be the only one of the troupe who knows his way around.

As for starting a new thread, I'm clueless about that sort of stuff. I'll leave that up to you two.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 20 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Oh, I don't know much about that too, just feels a bit weird to actually start an RP without its creator, y'know? I'm not too familiar with how RPs like this work, though.

Also, getting kidnapped by poachers does give someone (probably Scott) a nice way to have a hero moment.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 21 2014, 06:22 AM
Post #26

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Edit: Also, if we're doing this RP without Hydra, maybe we should make another thread for this story?

Unless you need to change the first post (or the title), you don't have to. No big deal on the mod end. wink.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 21 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #27

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Oh, okay. Right. I couldn't tell because you don't have your gender set and your name doesn't give any hints :/

Scott has barely ever set foot in Fidona, as his normal patrol area is around the Loch Ranch. He just happes to be here to fill in for another Ranger who is either sick or injured and thus can't do patrols.

I'm fine with fighting poachers and kidnappings, my only thought is about whomever gets kidnapped...... will they have much to post while the other characters are looking for them? Instead of just one of us getting kidnapped, maybe all of us should get caught, and then we'd have to escape (while listening to Lucie complain...... that sounds like loads of fun) without leaving any of our Pokemon behind.

As for starting the roleplay thread, I'll do it when I've got a decent idea of what we're doing and when I have some free time...... which may not be until Wednesday because of work. Or one of you can do it before then. I don't think we need a new discussion thread.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Sep 21 2014, 04:02 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 21 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I'll let either one of you start it, kinda elbow deep in college work right now. I'm more of a passenger right now anyway. :P

--------------------
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Sep 21 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #29

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

I sincerely apologize to all for my lack of activity recently, I really did not expect to get so held down by finishing school. I hate to make excuses however this is a rather viable one, I've been busy recently as I've finally finished schooling after thirteen years, and I also turned eighteen recently so the celebrations have been wild so far. I'd really like to still be a part of this RP if you would all like to let me. I'll let you all decide whether you want me to join in or not since I'm obviously not the most reliable person here.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Sep 21 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #30

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

I, personally, have no problem letting you stay. It was originally your RP, after all.

This post has been edited by FirePower: Sep 21 2014, 09:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 21 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #31

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I have no problem with you staying either. In fact I actually just had an idea regarding my previous plan and tieing it in to having your Magby/Elekid removed from your party...... if the whole group of characters in the roleplay gets kidnapped by poachers/other criminals, then we're probably going to be separated from our Pokemon and have to rescue them when we escape, right (assuming the poachers take our Pokemon to either make it harder for us to escape, or worse to sell them...... Scott's Eeveelutions would probably fetch quite a bit of money on the black market after all)? Well, Sebastian could simply not rescue them :p

Plus, if you disappear again, then it doesn't make a huge impact on the rest of the roleplay. We could say Seb (or anyone else's character, if someone else becomes inactive) just got knocked out during the escape or something, so the rest of the party stashes their body in a bush somewhere to retrieve later...... or something like that. And if you become active again, you could easily catch up too.

...... I'm just full of ideas tonight.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Sep 22 2014, 12:22 AM
Post #32

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

Thanks heaps for letting Me re-join! Your ideas sound wonderful 7E, it would be allow Sebastian to make an influential decision on his future and reveal his true personality to the other characters involved in the roleplay. So now shall we form a new sequence of events for the four of us to follow and then we can get the thread finally rolling along?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 22 2014, 04:24 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Three of Lucie's pokémon also have slightly different appearances (completely gray Minccino, pink-nosed Litleo and pompom-tailed Purrloin) which could make the poachers think they're special. I also have absolutely no problem making the whole thing her fault either, just don't expect any public apologies from her. :P

I'm up for making a new sequence of events, I'll chip in when necessary. happy.gif

Also, if it's of any use, my timezone is the same as the server time and I won't be on 'til after noon today, as a little warning.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 22 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #34

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

My timezone is an hour after server time, and most of the time I won't be online during the evenings because that's when I work, or for the couple hours before/after noon Tuesdays/Thursdays because of college classes.

Scott will be starting in the middle of a battle with some random trainer, but what happens after that until he gets taken prisoner by the poachers doesn't matter to me. He could meet one of your characters and something could happen before they get attacked.

Also, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to tie this group of poachers back to the group of poachers Scott fought against in his first roleplay, which in turn ties them to a corrupted group of people at the top of the Ranger command system. In particular the lead poacher will be the same guy Scott fought previously, with the same Pokemon (he "escaped"), but this means that the guy has a level 25-30 Umbreon and a level 30-35 Mega Absol (or as Scott calls it, winged-mutant-Absol-thing) because their levels ere optimized for the other people in the roleplay at the time, so they're a bit much for us currently unless we all gang up on him. The rest of the leader's poaching group will be different though, and probably with much lower-levelled Pokemon. So if you guys don't mind a challenge at the very end......

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 22 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I'm fine with that, ties to previous RP(s) will just give you (and us) more fuel to write. Also gives Lucie a firm reality check when it comes to battling. :P

I have a few ideas for Lucie's starting point: either asleep and waking up to either meet someone or notice her Minccino is gone, or utterly lost in the rainforest as she's looking for something dumb like a soap tree or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 22 2014, 02:41 PM
Post #36

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Maybe she could be looking for the elusive money tree? Haha...... I suppose Lucie could run into Scott during/after his battle. It would be an interesting interaction if she told him what she was looking for.

If she finds out that Scott is essentially rich after getting his parent's inheritance, that might also cause some interesting events to happen. I wouldn't challenge him to a battle though, unless you want a really short battle.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Sep 22 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #37

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Sebastian West

I'm not too sure how to integrate Sebastian into having Magby and Elekid poached just yet. My current idea is that Seb is training his Scyther and Totodile in the forest of Fidona, a lapse of attention allows Magby and Elekid to escape as they want to cause more mischief for their trainer, however they get kidnapped by the poachers. Surprisingly enough Sebastian goes looking for the pair to see where they have gotten to, and in turn runs into one of you three's characters who is worried and needs help to get their pokemon back. Sebastian refuses to help unless he is to profit in some way, and that is with a battle after they retrieve the mons. After defeating the poachers/retrieving the pokemon Sebastian leaves Magby and Elekid behind as they are set into the wild. After the battle with the trainer that Sebastian made a deal with, a Cranidos turns up and challenges Sebastian to a fight, the battle ensues and Seb wins and captures Cranidos.

Please feel free to alter this small plan that I have for Seb so far to fit your characters!

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Sep 22 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #38

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Kaya could probably offer to help find Lucie's Mincinno. She'd be watching Scott's battle and maybe overhear Lucie (or be asked directly, if you prefer, Darkrow). I still don't plan on adding her partner character so he could be somewhere else, not particularly interested in the battle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Sep 22 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #39

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I can't get the quoteing system to work right......

I'm fine with most of the plan, but the way I see it, it would be next to impossible for Seb to run into any of us while we try to free our Pokemon, because we're probably going to end up being taken prisoner as well (or at least, Scott will be, since he and the poacher boss already have a less-than-friendly history back a couple months). He will likely be spending a substantial amount of time in captivity, especially since it doesn't sound like Seb or Lucie will have much of a desire to rescue him unless it benefits them somehow.

On that same note, though, if anyone doesn't want to be taken prisoner, Scott's Espeon (Scarlet) can teleport and I'm planning on using that to help her escape. Once she escapes, she'll go find help from any other characters she can find. She's also a telepath, so if she finds one of your characters it shouldn't be too hard for her to get her request for help across. Of course, you could always refuse to help her and she'll just move on to someone else......

My partner character will not be showing up in person, but there probably will be phone conversations with her in the beginning and end of the roleplay, so in a way she'l still be part of the story. However, another Ranger or two might show up to give us help if Scarlet ends up not finding any of the other characters (if we all get captured or you refuse to help her).

As for a reason for someone to help take down the poachers...... besides getting to beat up criminals, they're probably going to already have captured a bunch of rare or semi-rare Pokemon before they kidnap Scott and anyone else who is going to be taken prisoner. When we set those Pokemon free at the end, you could always attempt a capture. Cranidos could be in one of the cages, too. And for anyone willing to steal, you could always take the poachers' equipment/money/stuff after they are taken down but before the police arrive to arrest them......

EDIT- after thinking about it more, maybe we should split into two pairs to start off...... someone could be observing Scott's battle at the start and then wind up as a prisoner along with him and possibly attempt to escape from within the poacher's compound, while the other two will be elsewhere (battling? searching for a lost Pokemon?) when Scarlet escapes and finds them and leads them to the compound to help out. Or something along those lines, we don't have to have everything set in stone prior to beginning.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Sep 22 2014, 10:58 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Sep 22 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

QUOTE(7eeveelutions @ Sep 22 2014, 11:51 PM) *
And for anyone willing to steal, you could always take the poachers' equipment/money/stuff after they are taken down but before the police arrive to arrest them......

This might be something Lucie would attempt, actually... if she gets the chance, anyway; she might be exhausted by then (I hope some of your charries are strong, 'cause she may need to be carried and she's not very light). I may have her be a complete klutz and steal a pokéball that's actually empty, though she'd think a pokémon would be inside.

Also, FirePower (FP?), either works with me, though the idea of Lucie having to swallow her ego and ask for help does amuse me a bit more. We'll see when we get to it. :P

As for the plan so far, I'm thinking that Lucie's role will mainly be the burden (perhaps loveable loser) of the group as well as maybe someone Scott is stuck with? I feel like the conflicting personalities would be rather amusing. I gotta say, in general, I feel like our little team is rather balanced: two quiet characters and two loud ones, one who can back up what he says and another who can't (Lucie), at least from what I can gather from the profiles. Feels like a nice balance to me.

Also, Lucie may be scared by Scarlet's telepathy, amongst the various other things that'll be encountered in this, so it may be better to have Lucie kidnapped and kind of just... smacked in the head with reality. Very very hard. Like, bunker wall hard.

Either way, no objections for me in the plan so far! I'll be going to bed now.

Edit for 7E's edit: For separation, maybe getting one loud character with one quiet character would be better and give more post fuel to everyone? That is, if I understood the profiles right, I'm sleepy.

This post has been edited by Darkrow: Sep 22 2014, 11:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.