Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stalactite or Stalagmite?, Formerly The Currently-Unamed PANE RP in Which We Do Something or Anot
Toogee
post Apr 3 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #21

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

To be fair, you never needed my permission. See the first post of the RP Grading thread wink.gif.

Can Scott just video chat or something with everyone? I'd like him to still be in most of the RP, because it would be weird giving him levels when he wasn't in the RP.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 3 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #22

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

He'll be there, of course. He can walk and all (just with some pain- I might have his new Ninetales help support him. Or maybe he'll have crutches?), and I wouldn't let his team be there without him. Rather, what I meant is that unlike last time I used Amber where she assisted Scott, it'll be the other way around, with Amber making most of the decisions and Scott helping her out. At least, it'll be that way in the beginning, by the end if something big happens they might just fall back into routine with Scott leading and Amber following.

Also, Scott's team tends to try to fight at or just above the skill level of Trainers who have Pokemon that aren't quite at their level to try and make the battles more fair. Amber might stomp anyone who challenges her, but she's not as much of a battler as Scott is unless she is angry or highly annoyed at something (which isn't planned). That way, even if it's just a 1 on 1 battle, Andy or Kaya should at least have a fighting chance.

And besides, I do happen to have a really weak Leafeon who could use battle training. Kaya should easily be able to beat him, at least, and my Umbreon isn't all that great either. It's just the other two that you'll have problems with.

EDIT- We could do a sort of treasure hunt with the objective being to find that shrine to Groudon. I doubt there'd be any treasures left at the shrine, but maybe Amber could find an Absolite for Luna? I know she couldn't use it to mega-evolve for quite a while (level 40?), but it'd be a cool thing to find.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Apr 3 2015, 10:09 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Apr 3 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #23

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

Andy doesn't have any method of communication other than verbally and by mail, but I suppose that he could find some money or something down in those caves and get some device for it.

By the way, I would get my podex kicked by Scott anyway, but what the hey, I needed an RP.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 3 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #24

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I think I have a good enough idea of what to post now, so I'll get started on that. It'll probably take a while, though.

Edit- The grades for the previous roleplay are now up! Scott's team now has levels of 28/20/20/17, while Amber's is 24/18. Even better, all of Scott's Pokemon and one of Amber's learned new moves! Ruby's going to be an absolute terror now, and Moss gets Grasswhistle! If we have a battle, you all are going to have fun.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Apr 4 2015, 12:59 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Apr 4 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #25

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

So, uh... I guess we're just waiting for FirePower to post?

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 4 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #26

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Yeah. I usually give people around a week to post before I consider having them skipped. Even if we were to skip FP now and you were to post, I won't be able to post for a day or two because I hurt one of my hands at work today and can barely type...... so no reason to rush things.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Apr 20 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #27

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

Sorry I'm late. I should be pretty much on-time now, minus June some week in June (thought it was 10th-14th, but I was wrong.).

Soooo. . . what exactly does happen in the caves? Just a cave-in and treasure hunt, or do we have something else planned?

This post has been edited by FirePower: Apr 20 2015, 09:25 PM

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 20 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #28

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Well, my current plan is that my Ranger pair is trying to get help in finding the Groudon shrine. I plan on at least finding the shrine, maybe with a little difficulty (angry wild Pokemon?) but without us getting lost or anything and without it taking too terribly long.

But after we reach the shrine, I don't have any plans, although I did have a few ideas......

-> We find the shrine completely intact and unchanged from when the last Rangers visited, so everyone gets bored and maybe we battle?
-> We find that the flooded lower areas of the shrine are no longer flooded, and thus can go exploring through the shrine. To up the difficulty, maybe there could be traps or some kind of Pokemon guardians between us and a treasure room? The treasure room could have something that might have been rare and important long ago but isn't so hard to get today, like evolution stones or something, and maybe a big statue of Groudon made of rubys or some other red gem (or fire stones).
-> We find the place trashed and get to battle some vandals. Bored teenagers, perhaps?
-> A combo of the first and second ideas, where we find the shrine intact and start a battle, and partway through (or right after the battle ends) one of us finds some kind of hidden switch that opens a hidden door leading to a room with the guardian, and once we beat the guardian we are allowed into the treasure room.

The first three ideas probably won't take real long unless we do something to really drag it out, so we could easily have a second adventure trying to get back out of the cave.

At least, those are my ideas. If one of you two would rather do something else we could do that too.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Apr 20 2015, 10:47 PM
Post #29

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Heyy, I could go with any of those ideas, they seem like they could be useful.

Anyway, I won't be able to post in the RP until Wednesday, because I've got some free time then. But, uh... until then, this'll probably be the last time you hear from me.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Apr 27 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #30

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Gahh, sorry guys, I haven't been much into RP'ing recently. I'll get a post up tomorrow, I swear it. Today... well, MK8.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 27 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #31

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

It's fine. I've been sick anyway, and if I weren't I'd be busy trying to get things together to move to my third college this upcoming Sunday. I'll probably be inactive this weekend and early next week as well.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Apr 28 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #32

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Get wall soon, 7E! And good luck moving into the college. happy.gif

Either of y'all have any ideas how to get Kaya/Luke involved without violating the strict "nothing recklessly dangerous" rule she's currently got? 'Cuz I'm stumped.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 28 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #33

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I could remove the Groudon reference that Scarlet made, if you want. Then it'll seem more like a treasure hunt and less like a legendary hunt (not that we'd find a legendary even if we tried). Apart from that, I don't really have any ideas.

As for later on, assuming we're going the battle-and-then-find-secret-door-that-leads-to-fun-stuff route, we could have the guardian of the treasure room be a Lucario. That way, it can sense our aura and will merely "test" us in a short battle to see if we're fit to look at the treasure instead of having us beat it in a long and possibly dangerous battle. Plus, since Lucario evolves using friendship and not levels, we can set it at a reasonable level.

The only problem with that is that the shrine is supposed to be ancient, and I don't know how long Lucario's lifespan is...... otherwise, we'd have to go with some kind of fossil, dragon, or maybe Ninetales. Ninetales is theoretically psychic/telepathic as well, so it could work too. Dragons are probably too dangerous, and I don't think any of us could reasonably beat a dragon anyway.

This is my second time moving into a dorm, and it will be my fourth semester overall in a dorm and seventh in college, so it really isn't anything new apart from a different location (and being at the rival college of my preferred college, that'll be fun). I'll have classes Monday-Thursday each week and I absolutely have to make good grades this semester so I don't know how active I'll be during those days.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Apr 29 2015, 06:44 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(7eeveelutions @ Apr 28 2015, 11:51 PM) *
The only problem with that is that the shrine is supposed to be ancient, and I don't know how long Lucario's lifespan is......

Have a descendant from a line of Lucario guardians. The previous one would have likely been captured/killed by Team Deception back when they had control of it in one of my RPs (Pandora Gibbs is partially the reason it's flooded, oops :P)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Apr 29 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #35

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Yeah, I guess the taking out the Groudon thing would work, if you don't mind. Sorry, but that's the only thing I can thnk of. Thanks!

P.S. Are we going to need Mod permission to un-flood the shrine?

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 29 2015, 02:31 PM
Post #36

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

All right. I'll try and reword it a bit.

I don't think so. It isn't an especially important area or anything, so I don't see why making a few changes would hurt. I am going to read through parts of the previous thread though, and see if I can get a decent view of what the place looks like.

Edit- According to Toogee's thread, there's one of those metal bar mining elevators that leads down to Under Hill. That could be just inside the cave that Scott/Amber/Andy are next to.

Their group follows a Cranidos (Zulu) who leads them to the shrine, which is hidden underneath a large Groudon statue. Since there have probably been a few other Ranger missions (along with other people visiting) to the shrine, I was planning on using a different route, which Amber will semi-know ahead of time after reading some of the details of the mission the two Rangers were given (as in, take the tunnel to the left of the Pokemon Center, turn right when you see a green crystal sticking out of the wall at an intersection, take the central tunnel when the cave branches off into three paths...... she'll have read that kind of thing).

I'm going to presume that the Groudon statue will be closed and we'll have to unlock it, and that leads to a series of partially-excavated rooms, one of which has a ramp leading to a lower, flooded area with a now-destroyed drilling machine in it.

The upper part of that room could be where we have our battle. Plus, I have an idea about unflooding the shrine......

What if the flooding wasn't an accident caused by the drilling machine, but a trap set to go off if a certain amount of damage was done to the shrine? In that case, during or after our battle, one of us could step on a pressure plate that drains the room, and then when we go to investigate, we could find that the water washed away some of the dirt and revealed a door with some kind of lock. The lock might have spaces for six objects, and we'd have to insert a fire, water, thunder, leaf, moon, and sun stone, which we could probably find lying around the various rooms of the shrine. (or if you guys have any other ideas for a lock we could actually open, they might work better)

The door could lead us to the guardian Lucario, where we'd have another battle and eventually get into the treasure room. Of course, our views of treasure and the ancient people's views of treasure might not be the same.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Apr 29 2015, 03:16 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Apr 29 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #37

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Apr 29 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(FirePower @ Apr 29 2015, 02:15 PM) *
P.S. Are we going to need Mod permission to un-flood the shrine?

Nope. Though it would be appreciated if you could edit our wiki once the RP is graded wink.gif.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post May 10 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #39

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Gahh, life sucks.

Extra math courses and hobbies are fun but they take away time from roleplaying. I'll get a post up within the next two days, I swear.

Also, the wiki's still up? Hm, didn't know.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post May 14 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #40

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Again, gahh, I'm beginning to hate my school's schedule. I've been kept up with a non-stop stream of homework and haven't had time to RP. I'll be leaving tomorrow and won't have time to RP over the weekend, but I'll get up a post on Tuesday.

Really sorry, guys.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.