Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New RP, Kam's back
Kamaitachi
post Jul 21 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Hey friends!

So I'd been stupidly busy with the career, and various other writing projects. But, now I finally have some free time again, as well as finally playing through Pokemon X/ORAS, and I've been itching to reawaken Tag and Cesc.

Anyone still around for some RP?

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 22 2015, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Scott and Amber are available, although Scott's kinda crippled at the moment from my previous roleplay. They're up for anything.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 22 2015, 11:09 AM
Post #3

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

Lucie is also available and (unwillingly) up for anything!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 23 2015, 08:26 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cool. I've been out of it for a bit. Looks like LA and I will resume our Tag/Lori rp, so this means you guys get to play with Cesc (again, in the case of Scott happy.gif )

So last I had Cesc, he was in Arasam prepping for a Contest...but I can postpone that for a bit while I get back into the swing of things. Do you guys have any idea for storylines?

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 23 2015, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I don't have any particular ideas or regions, but I could do Arasam again. Amber will likely be taking the lead among my two human characters since Scott's mobility is limited, but the full force of his team will be out if you want any battles. Ruby's not so little anymore!

...... Actually, I'd like Amber to catch a new Pokemon at some point, but I'm not sure what she should catch that would keep with her "Wolf" theme.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Jul 23 2015, 09:41 AM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 23 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Hmmm. Manectric and Absol? How about Poochyena, or Growlithe? Fennekin? Zorua? Houdour? Shinx?

I suppose I'll want to have Cesc catch a Pokemon as well! Time to rethink Cesc's line up, though.

Also, I noticed! Your whole team is evolved since last I saw you wink.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 23 2015, 12:07 PM
Post #7

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Not Fennekin, because its evolutions aren't real wolf-like to me since they stand on two legs and not four. Zoroark has a similar issue, although if I remember right the movie had it running on four legs so it isn't quite so much an issue. I think Shinx's lineup is too cat-like to qualify.

Plus, there's Scott's history with Mightyena and Amber knows about it, so Mightyena/Poochyena isn't a good option. Growlithe, though...... it or Houndour might work. I'll probably go for a Growlithe, since those are common police Pokemon. Its moveset sounds fun too...... if I could get Iron Tail as an egg move, that would be nice, because I have a lot of good uses for that move- what better way to block an attack than a tail covered with steel?

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 23 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Only one I've not seen Kama mention is the Lillipup line, but they're not really wolves, more big fluffy puppies or even hunting dogs.

As I said, I'm up for anything so I'm okay with Arasam, even with the contest part; maybe that's the one place Lucie could not be completely terrible at on her first try and also stand a bit of a fighting chance, seeing as how her team is vastly underleveled compared to you two (and I have a feeling it'll be like that for quite a while), but even with her inexperience and her Litleo quite possibly still healing, I don't mind getting a lower score for battles, it's all for fun as far as I'm concerned. :P. Maybe she could manage to steal herself some new clothes too...

Unless she finds that suits her tastes and doesn't scare the hell out of her, I doubt she'll be catching anything, though perhaps she could end up seeing her Snubbull (or maybe it's a Granbull now?) and want it back.

Other than that, I do have an antagonist ready for use that already has a bone to pick with Scott (and Lucie) who, for now, could have pokémon of varying strengths as I'm still planning to make her a second character despite the forum's bareness, mainly for fun as I liked her a lot the first time. Could end up being named and developped more during this if I decide to go along with making her into a full-fledged character. Make it seem more organic as well as give her an established backstory to integrate her in RPs better. That is, if the plot we make up involves some kind of villainous disturbance.

You can definitely bet on Lucie joining a contest or battle tournament (despite her neophyte...ness) if there's a cash prize too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 23 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #9

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

I'll pass on Lilipup. Growlithe/Arcanine seems like a good choice to help balance out Amber's team a bit more. I might not have her catch it, but possibly instead have her adopt one from a breeder.

I don't think you should take the level difference as a literal meaning of what you can and can't battle against. Last time Scott and Cesc met, Ruby was a level 10 Vulpix who held her own for a little while against Cesc's Zangoose, who was triple her level. Just play to your team's strengths, and use their smaller size to evade attacks from larger Pokemon like Zangoose. Plus, any kind of distraction or attack that breaks your opponent's concentration or rhythm is extremely useful- especially all those support moves that many people normally never use in the games, things like Sand Attack or Smokescreen. I've found Ruby's egg move Disable to be especially useful, and if I can ever manage to get a double battle going and pair it with Luna's Taunt, I think I could probably manage to take on someone of a much higher level than my current team just by making their strategy nonexistent.

Also, knowing Lucie, you might want to try and get your hands on a Thief TM for one or more of your Pokemon. It might get you in trouble at some point with Scott or Amber or a different member of law enforcement, but I think you'll find it useful...... speaking of which, I need to fill out that form to give Iron Tail to Ruby......

Also, if you want to add that person I'm thinking of into the roleplay as an enemy, I think simply having her trying to take revenge would be a good enough reason for her to be in the area if she was following one of our characters. Of course, her trying to take on all three of our main characters plus Amber would just be comical.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 23 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Oh, yes, of course I'm not taking it too literally, it's just that assuming Lucie will use a strategy that isn't straightforward is kind of far-fetched, unless someone was coaching her (and she actually listened). Might be a case of the pokémon actually having to carry their own weight, but they don't really have much experience so they're prone to making mistakes. Girl's got a lot to learn, after all. :p

And yes, it's her, but I'd see her having a few mercenaries or something with her, she's not dumb enough to follow and attack on her own, not to mention she had to recover from those burns (and is now scarred on her arm and face). It would also be planned during the recovery. Either way, it's an idea. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 23 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #11

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Oh, haha, right. Listening might be a problem. She should definitely observe if Scott and Cesc battle again, which is probably going to end up happening. I might even do a repeat of the first meeting, where Scott lets Ruby attack while he hides and watches......

Mercanaries would help, but if Kami has something else planned it might be better for her to show up alone so she doesn't take up too much time. If he doesn't, then throw in a whole bunch of minions for her! Only issue is, if she wants revenge, she might just try to shoot us......

Also, I'm under the assumption that at least a month, if not two, has passed since Fidona. Otherwise, Scott would probably still be confined to the hospital from his own burns from a near-molten sword, so she should have had plenty of time to heal from a Vulpix's flames.

One last thing- do you have a name for Ms-Evil-Poacher-Lady?

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 24 2015, 05:28 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Then that probably gave Lucie enough time to leave Fidona by her own means. First she ends up in a rainforest, now a mountain... Girl, you gotta learn to read a map (and do a LOT of other things).

Oh, of course, it was just an idea for a part of the RP since I doubt I could really have her carry the whole thing, should be more of a sideplot to the whole thing as far as I'm concerned. She does work more often as a sidekick/grunt and hasn't really been a leader or by herself all that often, so there's that too. Don't be worried about her shooting, though, she's meticulous enough to get rid of the pokémon first before doing that, not to mention that doing it in broad daylight wouldn't be too smart. She doesn't have a name but I'll think about one if she's to be included.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 24 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I have nothing planned, so any of your plot ideas are super, super welcome. Also, if Lucie needs more clothes, Cesc's Aunt and Uncle in Arasam are Tailors. I'm sure if Lucie makes an effort, Cesc can offer to make her some clothes for the future, maybe even get her a job 'advertising' their clothes in Contests, if she enjoys them enough. She could be paid in stipends + free clothing?

Plotwise, I have no ideas at the moment, other than "Let's do a contest!"

So I'm down for mercenaries, Lucie's "Rival" for lack of a name, and anything else. Cesc can teach Lucie a few contest basics, then, if the rp isn't too long by this point, they could either do a Contest, or we can save that for the next RP happy.gif

Cesc might also officially catch the Ralts he had befriended in the previous RP that was never ratified.

Possibly, also, Cesc's Monferno and Sneasel may both evolve; haven't decided yet.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 24 2015, 09:21 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Well, all that would be up to Cesc being able to convince her. wink.gif

A big prize (or the contest itself being very advertised, or both) could draw in some unwanted activity, if you catch my drift, as well as actually motivate Lucie to go there in the first place, though she did watch contests on TV when she had a home so she already does have some motivation, at least. Hell, she could even recognise him from TV if he was in televised contests. :p

If we go with doing a contest in the next RP, maybe it could be this one because it was postponed due to whatever shenanigans happen in this one?

As for the name for the rival or whatever, I'm somewhat leaning towards Katherine Cooke or Brooke Cannons, but I'm not sold myself. I think I want her to be called more by her last name than her given name.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 24 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #15

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Anything really works for me. I've been trying for a few RP's now to get a good one-on-one battle for Scarlet so I can see how well her teleporting works in a fight (and now to try Ruby's new defensive Iron Tail), but other than that and grabbing a Growlithe for Amber I can do almost anything. Scott and Amber will watch if you guys enter a contest, since neither of them are interested in entering but the appeals might give them ideas for new battle tactics.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 26 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #16

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Two plot ideas, based on a contest and on former-evil-poacher-lady Katherine/Brooke-

I'm not familiar with contests at all, unfortunately, so I don't know how long they take.

Idea 1- The story starts at the beginning of, or about halfway through a contest that Cesc (and possibly Lucie) has entered. Scott is walking by and sees Cesc/Lucie on the video monitor, recognizing one or both of them, which leads to him following Cesc and unleashing his Ninetales on him in a mirroring of how the two of them first met. Lucie either comes upon them while they are battling or is talking to Cesc when Ruby shows up, and after the battle with Ruby Scott reveals himself (or maybe Cesc will figure out partway through that this Ninetales and the previous Vulpix are the same and force Scott out of hiding? Ruby does still wear a Ranger vest, so she's not hard to identify) and introduces the rest of his team plus Amber. Then they all can do something with Kathy/Brooke.

Idea 2- I don't know where Lucie is, but Cesc is presumably training for the contest and Scott finds him and sends out Ruby to attack. This presumably attracts Lucie's attention, and also the attention of Kathy/Brooke, and...... stuff happens? And then after that we have the contest.

I'm leaning towards the first idea, because it gives everyone a good way to meet up before we introduce the evil lady. Or, we could skip either the contest or Katy/Brooke entirely. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to try and sneak up on Cesc again though :p

Also, I have backstory for why Scott is back in Arasam, so he actually has a valid reason to be here.

This post has been edited by 7eeveelutions: Jul 26 2015, 08:28 PM

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 27 2015, 03:19 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Contests are...well we'd each get a post for an appeal.

Then there's the battle for each contest, which is a 2v2 Contest Battle, with the heads/tails flip, so it'll last a few posts. It'd be two of us spectating while one of us battled, so that'd be a little stretch, but I think we can do it.

I'll see if LA will come out of hiatus to play Troy happy.gif

In any case, I'm down for Plot Idea #2 more likely, mostly because it'll give time for Cesc to convince Lucie to join in on the contest, possibly with the promise of some nicer clothes wink.gif

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Jul 28 2015, 12:49 AM
Post #18

Squawk!
Group Icon

PANE Team

Okay. There won't be a whole lot for Scott/Amber to do during the contest, but either I'll find something and make short posts or you guys can skip me for a post or two. They'll be observing, of course, but I don't think they'll have a whole lot to say. It might be around then that Amber gets her Growlithe...... maybe as an abandoned puppy outside the contest hall?

Are we ready to start then?

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jul 28 2015, 05:30 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Perhaps the trouble could come during the contest to give Scott something to do? Anything to make this more of a 3-person RP and less of a Lucie and Cesc feat. Scott. If the contest's a big deal or something like I mention, it certainly could attract thieves and just bad people as a whole. Maybe one of those actually participates?

Basically what I'm saying is that we can always mix your two options, 7. :p

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 28 2015, 11:14 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Honestly, though, the contest will go a lot faster if un-interrupted, which I think is the best bet. To have Amber, say, notice a Growlithe prowling around, then she and/or Scott can go chasing after it outside of the Contest Hall?

Last thing we need is a name. I'm terrible at naming things.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:48 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.