Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Lenoilia Ruins
Master Houndoom
post Dec 22 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Members: Darck (Darck), Jaima (Jaima), Living Arrow (Darryn), and The Rose Crusader (Melinda).

--------------

Three figures travelled the road at dusk. One, a girl in her mid teens with long hair the color of dark honey, forged ahead, from time to time looking from side to side, but mostly facing forward, almost straining. Whenever a hill was crested only to show more road ahead, the smallish figure fidgeted. Occassionally she wiped her hands on her jeans or pulled at her loose, comfortable blouse, each movement becoming more and more agitated as the sun lowered to the horizon.

The other two hung back, keeping an eye on their companion, but neither venturing comment. One, a dark haired boy with three pokéballs attached to his belt, looked slightly confused at the actions of the one ahead. He was dressed in a conservatively stylish manner, an outfit that showed his physical attributes without looking as if he were flaunting it. He turned to his other companion, a blonde boy with a long braid and glasses, raising a brow. The other boy didn't acknowledge him openly, but watched grimly as their friend became more and more distressed.

Finally the blonde leaned toward the brunette. Removing his wire frame glasses, he wiped them off on his tank top, which was underneath a kung fu-esque jacket. "We're going to have to stop for the night soon." He adjusted the leather bandolier that ran diagonally across his chest, making sure each of the five custon decorated pokéballs were firmly in place.

"Is that a problem, Jaima?" The other boy asked, causing his companion to shrug.

"I really don't know, but she went to some pretty extreme measures to get us to Gigarte before sundown. I have a feeling if a truck was coming this way, we'd be seeing the same thing all over again." Jaima shrugged and sighed. "I think we'd better tell her sooner rather than later." Despite the 'we', he sped up alone to confront the girl.

"Mindy, we need to stop for the night."

"No."

Jaima blinked, then shook his head. "What do you mean, no."

"I already told you, I... i can't." She was trying to be tough, but it was failing her, and the last words came out plaintively."

"Look, Min," Jaima said, gently, putting a hand on her shoulder. "It's getting dark, and no one's coming. We need to find a place to set up while we can." At Mindy's doubtful look, Jaima squeezed her shoulder softly, in a reassuring manner. "Darryn and I are gonna be here. It'll be OK. OK?"

She didn't say anything, but looked past him. By this time, Darryn had caught up, but Mindy was looking even further down the road, as if hoping a car would come by. Finally she nodded, looking away in silence.

"I'll set up the tent." Jaima was already pulling his backpack off. As he passed Darryn, he murmured to him, "Why don't you stay in there with her tonight? She might feel better, hmm?"

This post has been edited by Jaima: Dec 22 2008, 04:34 PM

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 22 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

The journey out of Gigarte had been everything that Darryn had hoped for. True, the walking was a little tiresome, but all three of the trainers were fit and healthy so none of them were tiring very quickly. Sadly for them, however, the sun was yawning his farewell as he descended towards the surrounding hills, taking with him the light of the evening. It was as Mr. Sun fell that Darryn noticed, along with Jaima, that Mindy was getting somewhat restless. Darryn would have gone as far to say that she was nervous but that didn't seem completely in character for her. She was normally so confident and sure of herself that Darryn doubt "nervous" was in her emotive vocabulary.

"In the tent?" Darryn murmured, watching Mindy shrewdly. "Sure. Uh, I have a spare blanket if you want it? It might be cold late at night out here - I wouldn't know, what with living underground and all..." He passed Jaima the sumptuously thick, black cashmere sheet to his friend before he could refuse. Darryn had an idea that he might have - Jaima was so polite and giving that he probably would have insisted that Darryn keep it for himself and Mindy.

Darryn subconsciously stroked the three different Pokeballs at his belt. Metapod's evolution still rang clear in his mind and his ears buzzed with the sound that Caterpie had made as she had cried her elation and she had made the change. It had excited him so much that he just couldn't wait for Pidgey and Eevee to follow suit. Metapod's condition had improved by so much after evolving that the mere possibility that Pidgey could improve in the same way had him wishing every moment for a battle to start with *any* Pokemon or trainer just so the chance could improve even the tiniest bit more.

He moved closer to where Mindy was waiting in quiet, wrapping her arms around her own shoulders like a protective mantle.

"Hey, it's OK." Darryn moved alongside her and gazed into the distance, too. "Still thinking about Queen?" He took her silence as an affirmative but he doubted that the temporary loss of her Vespiquen was the only thing on her mind. "Well, this is how I think of my sister when she's not around. I take a look at the sky and pick out the sun, moon or a star and just think to myself *Hey. Cleo could be looking at that, too.* and it lets me know that we're still connected no matter how far apart we are. So, if you're ever worried about anything... let's say the road at nighttime?... then just think that Queen is watching over you on the other side of the sky."

There was a long pause.

"Oh man, I'm *so* gay!" Darryn knuckled his forehead and laughed. "Or I could stay in the tent with you tonight for some moral support? Sound fair?"

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Dec 26 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #3

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

Melinda had been more reserved this trip than the one to Gigarte. The emotion sprung from the apparent loss of Queen had subsided, but there were still lingering moments where she was hit with depression. But through thick and thin, Melinda always tried to remember how it was always for the better, for Queen and that it would be selfish of her to not let Queen go back to Floaroma Town. Mindy still socialized wit her companions a decent amount, but not as much as she had done with Jaima previously. As the trip progressed, the thought of her beloved bee pokemon drifted towards the back of her mind, and eventually she was talking feverishly with her traveling friends. Mindy was having a grand old time until the peach-colored setting sun glared its rays into her eyes, temporarily blinding her. Once her pupils had dilated, Melinda looked in the distance. There was no apparent civilization ahead. "Oh no..." she thought, "Not again...".

"Mindy, we need to stop for the night."

"No."

Jaima blinked, then shook his head. "What do you mean, no."

"I already told you, I... I can't." She replied. Melinda's heart was pounding, her mind racing trying to find a solution to the looming danger. She couldn't stop; she had already explained that to Jaima...hadn't she? There were too many thoughts flying through Mindy’s head for her to focus on one in particular.

"Look, Min," Jaima said, gently, putting a hand on her shoulder. "It's getting dark, and no one's coming. We need to find a place to set up while we can." Jaima squeezed her shoulder softly, in a reassuring manner. "Darryn and I are gonna be here. It'll be OK. OK?"

The words went in one ear and out the other. "There has to be another way!" Melinda looked past Jaima and Darryn, as the trio's movement had now come to a full stop. There was nothing but desert-like sand in the distance, followed by more and more of the substance. She turned back in the opposite direction to see nothing again but lush greenery from the outskirts of Gigarte's above ground area. He heart doubled its time as there was nothing to be seen. "You're alright Mindy, you're okay." She tried to calm herself, but nothing would work. Melinda turned to her sense of sounds and tried to listen for something, anything that could be heading their way.

Nothing. Complete and utter silence. Melinda now realized the truth that she was trapped out here in the wilderness, and nodded solemnly towards Jaima. Mindy looked away from the two and wandered a bit away from them, wrapping her arms around herself like a protective blanket. "What am I going to do..." Mindy cried to herself, her arms trembling with fear.

"Hey, it's OK." Darryn moved alongside her and gazed into the distance, too. "Still thinking about Queen?"

Melinda sighed. The ever-thoughtful Darryn was trying to comfort her. At least she had supportive friends. Her mind began to wander as Darryn gave his lovely speech about missing someone.

"...If you're ever worried about anything... let's say the road at nighttime?... then just think that Queen is watching over you on the other side of the sky." Melinda sighed at the sweetness of the boy. Sure, he was gay. But that didn't make him any gentler or different than anyone else in the world. Mindy could actually feel a closer bond with him that she just didn't have with Jaima. They had both been so kind to her, even when she dismissed them. Mindy was grateful to have such caring companions.

"Oh man, I'm *so* gay!", Darryn announced. Melinda burst out laughing with her friend, completely breaking the eerie silence that had surrounded the two. "Or I could stay in the tent with you tonight for some moral support? Sound fair?"

Melinda grabbed the boy by the arm and hugged hi tightly. "That'd be great Darryn". the two made their way to a nice dry spot and began to set up the tent. Mindy was pretty much clueless about everything outdoorsy, so she hoped that Darryn knew a thing or two. Sure enough, Darryn knew exactly how the tent worked and set it up, with a little help from Melinda in record time.

"There we go! All set". Darryn announced quite triumphantly.

"Wow Darryn, is there anything you don't know?" Mindy giggled. The boy had completely turned around the girl's mood. She was feeling better. But that was only because, like Queen, the thoughts of the terrors of night were pushed to the back of her mind.

Feeling she should take some initiative, Melinda walked towards Jaima, standing i the middle of Darryn and he. "Anything else we should take care of?" Mindy chirped as happily as she could.

OOC (click to showhide)

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 28 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

"I dunno," Darryn shrugged, "you guys are the experienced travellers - I was only forced into Scouts for a couple of months so I'm afraid my outdoorsy expertise pretty much ends at getting a place to sleep ready... Speaking of sleep... Eevee!"

He tossed the Quick Ball to the ground where it flashed brightly to expell the puppy and bounce back to his hand with a flourish. He replaced the orb on his belt and frowned down at the grinning Pokemon who was wagging his tail with utter, unexplained, glee. Darryn mentally sighed. How did his little Eevee manage to store up so much energy like this? No wonder his hips weren't aligned properly.

"I'm gonna have to play with this little one before bed, else he won't sleep and rest properly for the morning." Darryn looked to Mindy and smiled. "Fancy tiring him out with a bit of 'chase-the-stick'?"

Part of Darryn's reasoning for a retrieval game was that in a short while it would be too dark for Eevee to find the stic, so he'd be running in circles without having to disturb the trainers any more than he had to. That way he'd get tired and be ready for the morning with as little fuss as possible. Well, that's how it was meant to work, anyway.
The other part was a distraction exercise for Melinda. Whether she noticed that fact or not, Darryn had no idea, but the same principle went for her as it did his Eevee. After all, get someone tired enough and they don't care where they sleep... Again, Darryn only hoped that was the case as he selected a stout stick and passed it to Mindy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Dec 29 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima was actually glad that Darryn had decided to pitch the tent. His entire experience with camping constituted a tent in the backyard on warm summer nights. And thew tent had been one of those tiny pre-folded snap together deals that would blow away in a really strong wind (and had once). He had only volunteered because it seemed like the right thing to do.

Now Jaima busied himself with gathering firewood, both for dinner and for talking afterwards. He had the help of five pokemon, all of whom took to the task with gusto. With so many, the job was done in half the time needed, and each pokemon began to play, Mercury and Shadow tossing a stick around, Fang carrying one in his mouth for chewing, Grondir distracting Ember by tapping the opposite side he was on with a vine, and Ember playing along.

"OK, goofs, gimme the wood we've gathered. I need Grondir, Shadow, Ember to find some stones to put around the fire." The three took off, excited to be sent on their own, with Mercury trailing happily after Shadow. Fang looked at the departing in confusion, which quickly turned into sadness.

Jaima knelt down and ruffled the shinx' mane. "Don't be sad, Fang. I held you back for some special training." He pulled the stick from Fang's mouth, grimacing slightly as it was rather wet. He stuck it into thw grounsd by one end about six feet away, then went back to Fang. "I want you to charge up, then try to focus the lightning at the stick. Can you do that?"

"Nx, shi!" Squeaked Fang. He focused hard, but when he released the electricity, it discharged all around him. Fang's face fell again.

"Aw, c'mon, buddy. It's training! If you got it on the first try, you wouldn't need training, right?" Jaima smiled down at Fang. His hair was frizzed out and he shook a little. "Now, keep trying. I'm going to ne waaaaay over here."

It took Fang a few minutes to stop laughing.

Before long, Grondir, easily dragging two stones with his vines, Ember, rolling one, Shadow, carrying one, and Mercury, floating three with utmost concentration, arrived. Jaima directed them to arrange them in a circle well away from the tent, then put the sticks they'd gathered in a roughly pyramid shape and had Ember start the fire.

"Darryn, Mindy! I got a fire started! Let's make dinner, I'm starving!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Dec 29 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

"Sure," Melinda replied to Darryn as she half-hazardly caught the twig thrown to her. Melinda and Eevee had a blast playing with the stick, running around and throwing it. Mindy would throw the wooden twig, Eevee would retrieve it and bring it to Melinda, and Mindy would praise the pokemon. This simple game of fetch had done more than Melinda realized, taking her mind off of the prospect of sleeping outdoors, and in doing so calmed her down. Mindy had almost forgotten about the others, but remembered immediately as Eevee began to falter and tire from their little game. "Great job Eevee, I think you got faster during our little game!" Melinda exclaimed. The bouncing little furball of energy squealed with excitement and jumped up onto Melinda. "Ho there, it's alright, good job," Mindy tried calming the cute beast down, placing the pokemon on the ground. After finishing the fun game, Mindy heard Jaima call out to her and Darryn:

"Darryn, Mindy! I got a fire started! Let's make dinner, I'm starving!"

“Be right there!” the girl in the green blouse announced, gathering her pokeballs and Eevee and making a beeline for the rising campfire. While the last meal the gang had consumed, the one back in Gigarte, had been excellent, they had surely burned off all the energy they ate by now with all the walking and traveling. Melinda sat down on a nearby log and let Eevee go play with the other pokemon. “So Jaima, what do we have cooking?”

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 30 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Darryn watched Mindy and Eevee with great pleasure as they played their game of fetch, glad that both of them were getting something beneficial out of the exercise. Eevee in particular seemed to be getting faster and faster as he went. Already the fastest out of Darryn's Pokemon it seemed crazy that the puppy was managing to push his boundaries even more by simply playing a game of fetch. Even so, that was something he would have to record in Eevee's file, especially alongside the fact that his hips were out of alignment.

While the two played nearby, Darryn called on Pidgey and Metapod so that he could give them both once-overs before bed. He applied Pidgey's feather-regrowth spray and cleaned the rest of him with tentative strokes of a wet cloth. The bird cooed quietly throughout, clearly tired, and finished off his check by using Roost. The aura of light that befell him restored more feathers in an instant and Darryn grinned before taking another picture with his mobile phone and making a record of in in the bird's file. Despite Pidgey's maladies, he was fighting fit and looking better than ever. Darryn was very proud of his own hard work in improving Pidgey's condition and was looking forward to the day that the bird would follow Caterpie in his own evolution.
He polished Metapod afterwards, checking for signs of her old fungal infection and spraying the old medicine in the nooks and crannies of her carapace just to make sure that the condition was completely treated.he updated her file, like the others' and picked her up in his arms, moving to Jaima and Mindy with Pidgey flapping awkwardly behind to perch on his head.

"So, Jaima. What do we have cooking?" Mindy asked.

"Yeah, my Pokemon and I are gonna start wasting away unless we get something in us soon." Darryn laughed. "It is a steak dinner tonight? Maybe pasta? Oh! How about a nice roast vegetable stew!?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Dec 31 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"Well, nothing's cooking yet, but pasta sounds excellent!" Jaima looked around, smiling. "This reminds me of a story. My sisters wanted to go camping, but mom was away at a seminar. I was twelve, I think, so the girls were six. Anyway, I don't know the first *thing* about camping, and I'm not about to go out in the freaky woods with two six year old girls. No problem, we'll go out in the back yard, right?" By now, Jaima was getting into the satory, grinning broadly. "So I go out with our biggest blanket, and I flip it over the clothesline, and I stake down the corners, see? It was pretty good for the night. But Mariko wants to cook hotdogs or somesuch. Well, I'm pretty sure that an open flame isn't allowed. Nooooo problem, says Natsume, and she goed into the house, and comes out with a confused Ember! Long story short, we roasted marshmallows over her rear all night!" The story, told as he prepared the pans he'd brought, brought laughter to Jaima's lips.

"So," he said, still grinning, "who's got the food?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 31 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Darryn giggled at Jaima's story. He wished that he had had a younger sibling or two to play with. Cleo had been great and all, but since she was older he couldn't help but feel that he had missed out on such an important experience as being a 'big brother'.
Pidgey chortled lightly atop his head, swaying this way and that while grabbing to Darryn's head more tightly with his little claws. Metapod's eyes shone with mirth but she made no sound.

"Well, I don't have the food." Darryn said, pawing at his backpack to get a look inside. "I've just got my clothes, Pokemon Accessories, a couple of Pokeballs, some medicine and bandages and a few leftover Bluk Berries from the park... I thought Mindy was carrying the food?"

Eevee came trotting back to Darryn, making a very pronounced yawn and nuzzling his ankle a little. He grinned - the job was done - and head out the Quick Ball for the puppy to return to for a sleep.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Jan 1 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Melinda looked up at her two traveling partners and gave them both strange glances. "...What? I'm not carrying the food," Mindy assured the two, almost laughing herself because they expected her to. "All the food I have left is 3 of Feebas' Poffins. But they're...well...ya know..." At this point everyone was confused. It seems that no one had take nthe initiative to buy any food for the journey. Melinda had the 'best' excuse of all; she thought the trip wouldn't take more than a few hours. Boy, was she wrong. "I mean, someone has to have something, right?" Melinda announced, posing the question to her dumbfounded friends. The seriousness of the situation had not dawned on Melinda yet, as she simply was not aware of the consequences of no one having any food. She was becoming more more aware of the fact, however, as her stomach's growl grew louder and louder.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 1 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

"Well that's a real downer." Darryn sighed, feeling his stomach churn with the anticipation of its next meal. "Nothing to eat and we're miles out of town now so going back seems like a complete waste of time. Then again, we can't exactly just sit around and hope that food finds us."

Darryn read the disappointment on the others' faces. Gigarte behind and Lenoilia ahead. Both were such distances away that it didn't seem that turning around would be in anyone's best interests but carrying on meant going hungry for a good long while - not only the three trainers but also their Pokemon.

*If only the Pokemon didn't have to eat, too... maybe we'd be able to find something for just us but for how many mouths now? Thirteen? And out on the road?*

"Hey, you know... our Pokemon were all wild once, so they must know how to fend for themselves. Surely they could help us get something to eat tonight? Eevee has a good sense of smell... so should Fang and Ember. Then there's Pidgey, Taillow and Mercury - they can scout from the air and see if there are any convenience stores anywhere near here, or even a farm where we could buy some stuff. Even then, we'd probably have to wait until tomorrow when it's light before we really find anything - I don't fancy climbing trees for fruit at night if I can break my neck in the process." Darryn let out another sigh. "Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas. What do you two think? Shall we sleep on it?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 3 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima was nervous, suddenly, and taking stock of the situation. No one had said for him to get food, but no one had asked, either. He rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. They were all old enough to know better, but were too excited by the prospect f travelling together and their new badges to pay attention.

At Darryn's suggestion, Jaima started. "Hold on, only two of mine could have ever possibly been wild. Grondir was bred, all the starters are. In fact, like you pointed out, he was specially bred. Ember was bred, too, and Shadow was given to me as an egg. Only Mercury and Fang have ever been wild." He shrugged. "I mean, I don't mind if they scout, they're all smart, but they may not be as good at it as wild pokémon."

He reached into his bag and handed out the last of his mints, which he'd gotten for Mercury the day they'd had the impromptu spa. "Maybe this'll help a bit."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Jan 3 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Melinda thought about their current situation for a moment. They had no food or water, and anything that they could find would barely last any time at all. "Well there still are three stale poffins," she thought. "No," clearing her mind. How crazy was the hunger going to make the poor girl? Melinda starkly sent out her two pokemon who were delighted to see the mints being handed out by Jaima. There were just enough for Darryn, Jaima, and Melinda's pokemon all to have one. "We'll have a gathering session tomorrow guys," Melinda announced. Someone had to step up and take charge, why not the usual bossy Mindy anyway? "But for now I think we should all conserve our energy and get some rest tonight". She spoke. No one objected to what Melinda said because it seemed like the right thing to do at that moment.

Feebas looked at the remains of the white plastic bag that held the three remaining poffin with wide, dilated puppy eyes. Taking notice of the non-verbal communication, Melinda informed the pokemon in a strong whisper,” Not now Feebas, that would be very rude." Feebas' gaze casted downward, sad that he had not been triumphant in her battle for the goodies. "But if you're good tonight, then you can eat them tomorrow" Melinda said with a smile. Jubilant, the Feebas gobbled down the mint and returned herself to her pokeball. After her pokemon were satisfied and returned to their pokeballs, Melinda took notice of some of the other pokemon in the group's party. Grondiir was looking quite pale, and Darryn's Metapod should have definitely been getting more nutrition in such a vital stage of its life. "I believe Taillow will make an excellent scavenger pokemon for tomorrow's 'hunt’,” as Mindy liked to call it, adding on to what Jaima said earlier and trying to boost the already depressed morale. "But it is getting late, and I think we should all head to bed and get a good night's sleep, alright?"

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 4 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

"A good night's sleep sounds good to me." Darryn sighed, clicking open the Premier and Net balls to suck his two Pokemon back inside to rest. "You still OK with being outside, Jaima?" The braided blond gave Darryn a reassuring nod and bid the pair goodnight.

Inside the tent, Darryn cleared his and Mindy's packs to the back and set their pillows at either end of the construct so that they were top-to-tail and allowed Mindy to climb into the center of the tent, leaving him to sleep by the 'door'. Hopefully that would help her feel somewhat safer while camping outside and reduce the amount of stress that she was clearly going through. He worried about her strange fear of the night under the sky - something that most teens had grown out of by her age. Maybe it was caused by something that happened to her when she was younger? Who knew?

The pair said very little to each other as they slid into their sleeping bags and snuggled as best they could on the hard ground. The prospect of going hungry in the morning really didn't bear thinking about until they woke and Darryn was tired enough from the walking without a lack of food sapping his energy.

"'Night Mindy," he whispered as he drifted off, "don't let the Spinarak bite..." His voice trailed off and his breathing slowed and became more rhythmic with the welcome drumbeat of his slow heart as sleep took him.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 6 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"Good night, Min. Good night, Darryn."

Once the two were settled in the tent, Jaima put out the fire made sure it was properly buried. He almost wished he had a water pokémon to do it properly, but the dirt was good enough, he decided. He took the cashmere sheet (he almost hated to get it dirty...) and put it over the sleeping bag, which he had unzipped and left out so that his pokémon had room to sleep on it. He made sure they were all covered by the sheet.

He gently pet each one of them as they lay down, sighing. Maybe they could find some food in the morning. At the least, he hoped they could find some for themselves. He was a big guy, he could handle a little bit of lack of food.

His stomach growled in protest.

"Ember, do me a favor and make sure it's warm for everyone, OK?" Cyndaquil like to burrow, so Jaima didn't see her acknowledge, but it did get warmer under the blankets. "Mercury?"

"Ral," came the sleepy reply.

"Can you tell if pokémon come to make people have nightmares?"

"Lts."

"Please make sure one doesn't come for Mindy, OK?"

Mercury stood and nuzzled Jaima's arm before sleepily floating into the tent. He received a picture of her settling in the corner near Mindy's head. Jaima smiled a bit, then rubbed his cheek. Her scalp is getting dry. Need to ask Darryn about that in the morning, was his last thought before drifting to sleep.

This post has been edited by Jaima: Jan 6 2009, 09:24 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Jan 7 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

The trees outside Melinda’s window were rustling very loudly. It was the middle of the night. The wind made a strange ominous hum. Darryn and Jaima both lay in their beds sleeping while Melinda tossed and turned in the night. Not far away, a Hoothoot cooed creepily. It turned out to be a very spooky night. She was unsettled. She sometimes spoke strange words, and she did not even know what she was saying. You see, strange things were happening to Mindy; things that she could not understand. These ‘things’ had happened to her ever since she was a little kid. Not often, but every once in awhile. Melinda never understood any of it, so she usually just brushed them off as nothing. This one was just the same, and yet it wasn’t. The last time she had experienced a dream it had turned out horribly wrong. Melinda prayed that this time she would have different results.

Stormy emerald clouds surrounded Melinda’s peripheral vision. This time the images that passed over her eyes did not go as quickly as before, and she could see each of them very clearly: Smoke rising over trees and a man clad in black with a strikingly memorable black ponytail; distinctly different from Jaima’s. Next Melinda saw a group of travelers cross a creaking bridge over a dirty moat and moving towar- it stopped. The dream just stopped. Suddenly, horrifyingly familiar onyx black clouds entered the dream that completely overshadowed the bright and familiar emerald ones. Melinda remembered what happened last time; Mercury had saved her. But this time, Melinda saw through these black clouds some pictures just like the others: Two shadowed figures backed into a corner surrounded by creepy men, a silhouetted demon monster staring down two unsuspecting travelers, one much larger than the other. Then it was burning building with people standing on the ledges of windows!

Melinda saw other pictures as well, but they were too scary for her to remember. These black clouds had brought a lot of horrifying images that scared Melinda dearly. But what concerned her the most is how the bright light which had saved her last time was not there; Ralts and Melinda had grown a bond since then! Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

Second Post I didn't get to make (click to showhide)

This post has been edited by The Rose Crusader: Jan 12 2009, 11:04 AM

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 7 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

The night had passed peacefully, once Jaima was able to forget about his stomach and finally let himself drift to sleep. He'd taken off his kung fu jacket and folded into a pillow, and Fang lay near his head on a trailing sleeve. Grondir actually preferred the bare ground, because he could Ingrain himself into the ground. Shadow was behind Jaima's knees, and Ember was warming the sheet from within the sheet. Only Mercury was missing, and he'd sent her to watch over Jaima. He only hoped she knew she could sleep while she did that.

He'd been dreaming, of a field day with his sisters he'd been asked to accompany them on (he was told he was a chaperone, but he suspected that he'd been sent to learn, since he was home more often than not in those days), in which they'd been explained the beauty of grass type pokémon. That was he'd first gotten a glimpse of a chikorita, which Mariko was instantly enamored with. Natsume also enjoyed the bug pokémon, but they caused Mariko to squeal and cling to her brother.

He was quite happy with this dream. It was nice to remember happier times, and a feeling of peaceful contentment pervaded his sleep.

A cloud passed overhead in the dream, black and menacing, blocking out the light. Jaima did not remember that day being cloudy; on the contrary, it had been sunny that day. The sunny day had been chosen because grass types tend to come out into the open when it was sunnier. No one in the dream reacted to the cloud. The pokémon frolicked, his sisters laughed and carried on, and the teacher tried, valiantly to give her lecture. Jaima couldn't shake that the cloud wasn't right, however. It was as if someone were whispering it in his ear.

The cloud passed, but the uneasiness remained. However, the dream would not let him go. It was as if someone were holding him down, and whispering that it was all right, even though he knew it wasn't. He could feel the darkness nearby, but it wasn't in his dream anymore. Something shivered. He couldn't describe it better, it shivered as it tried to stand firm.

"Raaaaaaaalllll." The cry was a low moan, filled with flagging strength and waxing terror, and Jaima exerted his will on the dream.

He woke up with a burst, looking toward the tent even as he reached for his glasses. The tent walls were shaking on the side furthest from the door, and there was a pale light visible through the tent's fabric. It was in the pale light that Jaima noticed several pokémon: Gastly and haunters, shuppets, a drowzee, and, in the middle of it on, yipping and growling as if egging them on, was a vulpix, down on his forelegs with his tails in the air, watching the place where Mindy and Mercury were.

They hadn't noticed him, but that wouldn't last long. Jaima roused his pokémon, who shook their heads as if, they, too, had been caught in a dream, but upon seeing the pokémon surrounding the tent, they roused themselves.

"Darryn," cried Jaima, catching the attention of the Drowzee and several shuppet, "we have a situation out here!

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 7 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Darryn slept awkwardly, his legs bunched up as far as they could go in the crowded tent. While he dozed, he became faintly aware in his dreams of something warm and bright tickling at the edge of his mind. He mentally batted it away and rolled over.

*Raaaall…*
“No, Justin… mmm that’s nice…”
*Raaaall…*

A wall suddenly slammed into Darryn’s mind and Mercury’s face appeared before his eyes, her horned head quivering as she cried and wailed in the tent. Mindy’s head was cradled in the Ralts’ arms, the girls face sheening with sweat and her eyes dancing manically beneath her eyelids.

“Wha-?!”
“Darryn! We have a situation out here!” Jaima’s call was urgent and worried – enough for Darryn to grab at his bag then launch himself over Mindy and out into the dark.

“Haunter!” The ghost Pokemon Shadow Punched Darryn in the arm, knocking him to the ground. A cold breeze stiffened Darryn’s naked torso as he tumbled and sprang back from the gang of Pokemon that was surrounding the tent. Luckily for him, his Pokeballs were still on his belt, fastened to his jeans.

“What the hell?!” Darryn yelped, backing off from the menagerie of scary Pokemon. “Hey! Get away from there!” He shouted at the creatures that were advancing on the tent. Ralts wailed loudly, still clutching tightly to Mindy. “I said get away!” He ran in, swinging his arms at the ghosts that pervaded the scene. A sudden pain in his ankle made him scream as a wild Vulpix clamped her jaws down tightly on him, growling angrily.

“Pidgey, Metapod, Eevee!” Darryn smashed at his belt, knocking the Pokeballs free and releasing his partners. “Attack together!”
With the arrival of the three Pokemon, Mindy’s attackers briefly scattered and their attention turned onto their new opponents.

“Jaima! We’ve got to fight them off!” Darryn yelled to his friend. "Mindy's not waking up! What's going on?!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jan 8 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"I don't know!" Jaima cried, gritting his teeth. Mercury was in trouble, and Mindy wouldn't wake up. He managed to forget his fear enough to start issuing commands.

"Grondir, stay engrained! Get these shuppets off me! Fang, go after that Hypno! Bite him! Shadow, try to get that vulpix out of the way! Ember, take on that Haunter! We have to get them away from Mindy!"

The commands were good ones, but the battle, he could see, was not going well. The vulpix sprang away from Shadow whenever the riolu got near, biting him in the flank or tail, then spin to harrass Darryn more. The shuppets floated and darted in and out, avoiding Grondir's vines, and since Grondir was engrained with the ground, he couldn't move to protect a wider area. Fang was frozen in place by the hypno, who was laughing evilly. And Ember was terrified, and though she attacked, her fear made her miss more than not.

Jaima picked up his sheet and rolled it, using it as a flail, but all it did was scatter the ghost pokémon; otherwise the sheet went right through them. He tried to see what was going on with Darryn when a light caught his eye. A bunch of leaves came whipping by, glowing with red energy. Jaima barely ducked away in time to keep from getting slashed, and he felt the band on the end of his braid pop and his hair flow loose.

There was no time, however, to think about that. Out of the corner of his eye, a shadowy movement caught his attention. Just as he looked to see what was going on, a wail from the tent distracted him. Mercury was fighting, but she was losing, and the Haunter was there, his mouth open wide, and a glowing energy coming from the tent.

Misdreavous and Mismagius darted past him, a whole family of them, it seemed. "Dammit, there's more!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 8 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

"Pidgey! Go help Ember!" Darryn commanded, jumping back from the Vulpix as it came at him once more. Pidgey took off into the dark, kicking up a Gust to blow the Haunter away from Ember to buy her some time to regroup. Mercury continued crying through the din, but at least Ember and Pidgey were shielding her and Mindy from any direct harm.

"Metapod, get on that Drowzee with Fang, try to hold it down with some String Shot!” The bug type launched itself into the gloom with a cry and Tackled the Drowzee down before teaming with the Shinx and firing silk all over the psychic type.

“And Eevee, get this damn thing away from me!” Darryn cried, dancing clear as the Vulpix snapped and yapped at his ankles. Eevee came on the offensive immediately, darting between Darryn’s legs and jumping past Shadow with his immense speed. Darryn still couldn’t get enough of his Eevee’s moves!
The Vulpix bounded away from Darryn as Eevee came bolting towards her and responded with a flash of flaming projectiles.

“That’s Ember! Use Protect!”

Eevee set up his green bubble-like shield just in time to deflect the attack, allowing Shadow to come hurtling through the resulting smoke with a fist aiming for the fire-fox’s face. The fox was too fast, however, and her short legs flashed with movement as she sprang away.

“And that’s Agility!” Darryn was very impressed with this wild Vulpix’s abilities. It seemed to have some pretty good speed – a fair match against his Eevee.

As the battles raged on, Darryn’s nerves got the better of him and he began to seek the potions in his bag. They would probably be needed if… Darryn looked at his hands. It wasn’t his bag, but Mindy’s that he’d picked up from the tent during his rush to help Jaima. His annoyance faded a little as he heard the clacking of Pokeballs inside the rucksack.
“Come on out, guys!” He threw Mindy’s two Pokeballs into the air to expel both Taillow and Feebas. Feebas came falling back down with her wide-eyed stare to flop into Darryn’s arms.

*God knows what this thing can do…*
Darryn search for Feebas’ dropped Pokeball in the dark with the full intention of recalling it, but with the device nowhere to be seen, he just continued to hold it in his arms as it struggled weakly out of water.

“Taillow! Please, help Mindy!” Darryn called up to the bird who was looking around in complete confusion. “Over in the tent!” Taillow’s eyes narrowed on the spot where Mindy continued her fitful dream and plunged into the gang of Shuppets that were drawing near to her position.

The night suddenly came alive with more swirling shapes in the air, making Darryn duck as the Misdreavus and Mismagius flooded the campsite.

"Now what?!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:08 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.