Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Animal Cruelty, And other morally questionable actions in Pokemon
PeachyMomo
post May 9 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #61

Cuddlemaster.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15 423

Canine Dream Team

Does anyone else think, "Wow. This is kind of like dog fighting or cock fighting," sometimes when they think about Pokemon battles? By no means do I think Pokemon is promoting animal cruelty, but it is a little abusive xD; Some people say they would use Pokemon to battle even if they were real. But I doubt they think about the connection between that and animal cruelty either. What do you think?

On a semi-related note, I've also always wondered... how it okay to attack humans, like how Ash attacks Team Rocket, with lethal creatures like Pokemon? Thundershock would kill them. >>; [Yes, it is fantasy, but the connection made with reality is a little gruesome.]

Also, why is it okay for Ash to catch any Pokemon he likes but not Team Rocket or other "bad" guys?

And even catching Pokemon... It could be classified as neglect and abuse. Ash and other trainers store the majority of their Pokemon in their PC, and Ash only lets Pikachu walk around with him while the others are crammed into Pokeballs until a battle or emergency [again, dog fighting? xD]. Don't you think those Pokeballs would be... not so roomy? Do you think the Pokemon can think and feel emotion still while in the Pokeball? I'd think they would get restless and bored, at LEAST, if not extremely depressed. Not to mention Ash plays favoritism.

Good thing little kids don't really notice these things.

This post has been edited by PeachyMomo: May 9 2009, 11:37 AM

--------------------

I'd be happy to click back :]
I always click back full parties. I also click new pokemon/eggs you add to your party throughout the day.

Dream Team.

Claims (click to show)
Squiby - Please Click (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:02 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.