Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Death of the World
RayeDelvego
post Apr 5 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 210 719

Active Squad

I realize this is a new quest, but i'm stuck on task two. I need to fight the Dusty Bandits, know some people have probably already defeated this one. I'm asking what the best strategy to defeat them. I'm using level 100 pokemon with their best moves and I can't defeat them. Any advice?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

My Way
post Apr 5 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97 301

Active Squad

QUOTE(RayeDelvego @ Apr 5 2015, 11:54 PM) *
I realize this is a new quest, but i'm stuck on task two. I need to fight the Dusty Bandits, know some people have probably already defeated this one. I'm asking what the best strategy to defeat them. I'm using level 100 pokemon with their best moves and I can't defeat them. Any advice?

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=72414

That will help. Something that I noticed that helped me specifically were Abomasnow and Mamoswine. That Ice/Ground and Ice/Grass typing certainly helped against their pokémon.

Edit: Note that, that guide is specifically for the Battle Subway although you can use it for battles in general.

This post has been edited by My Way: Apr 5 2015, 10:57 PM

--------------------

2DS FC: 3840-7678-9350
+Quote Post

RayeDelvego
post Apr 5 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 210 719

Active Squad

QUOTE(My Way @ Apr 5 2015, 09:56 PM) *
QUOTE(RayeDelvego @ Apr 5 2015, 11:54 PM) *

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=72414

That will help. Something that I noticed that helped me specifically were Abomasnow and Mamoswine. That Ice/Ground and Ice/Grass typing certainly helped against their pokémon.

Edit: Note that, that guide is specifically for the Battle Subway although you can use it for battles in general.

Thank you, I will check it out and try to defeat them ^w^
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 6 2015, 12:08 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

My recommendations are Dugtrio, Sawk, and Skarmory. Those three will defeat the bandits on their own. Or at least mine did happy.gif

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Creampuff
post Apr 6 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #5

Hi I'm a Pikapom
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 077

Active Squad

I am totally having the same darn problem, I'm like on a week now trying to do task two, I just screamed and got mad because I'm trying the types that they are week against, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've been like beat like 10 times already, and been trying to level POkemon up to use, and like nothing is working.. soooo frustrated

--------------------
Love art come to to my pageSkittychu Clay And Art
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Apr 6 2015, 10:03 AM
Post #6

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Creampuff @ Apr 6 2015, 09:57 AM) *
I am totally having the same darn problem, I'm like on a week now trying to do task two, I just screamed and got mad because I'm trying the types that they are week against, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've been like beat like 10 times already, and been trying to level POkemon up to use, and like nothing is working.. soooo frustrated

After checking your Battle Tower Pokémon, I'll tell you pretty much what I told others: your Pokémon have overall poor IVs, natures, and they're not holding items except for one with a Quick Claw. First of all, get Pokémon that hit hard and that have good IVs and beneficial natures. For instance, a strong Attacker could have a nature that boosts its Attack stat even further but not its Special Attack stat since that's not necessary. It could also have its Speed stat boosted.

Items are very important, too. Give an Attacker a Choice Band or a Special Attacker a Choice Specs. A tanky thing could hold Leftovers.

Just some pointers.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Creampuff
post Apr 6 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #7

Hi I'm a Pikapom
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 077

Active Squad

But those items are limited in the shop each day I don't wanna wait each day to see if leftover or choice bands are in the shop, and they are only in the point shop that you use from getting with things, not with the money on hand. and like the other person said, I'm not going to hunt for a POkemon with a high IV, its rather lame how you guys have this set, I've been here for 5 years and this battle is annoying as all get out! to the point I want to pull my hair out...

--------------------
Love art come to to my pageSkittychu Clay And Art
+Quote Post

Vande
post Apr 6 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

It's supposed to be hard (as infuriating as it is). Took me a few tries to get there and my IVs are 'semi decent'. Just wait until you get to task 11.

This post has been edited by Vande: Apr 6 2015, 01:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Apr 6 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

It should be possible to start getting some wins in the subway without buying the items for prize points or doing long hunts for high IV pokemon. If you start off by having the right team and strategies you should be able to get the NPC trainer achievements down, which will give you some of the battle items. Getting streaks in the battle subway also nets you these items at certain points, so once you get to that point a couple of times, you should start to get all the items you need. Also keep in mind that the best way to find a good team is for you to find out what works for you, so you have to do battles to find out what part of your team to change.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Apr 6 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #10

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

If you're not willing to put in the work, then you simply won't get the prize. Easy as that. We've already had a certain other user complain about this.

If you don't want to look for high IV Pokémon, then don't. But don't expect to get an Arceus, either.

By the way, it's easy to get Prize Points. Just participate in Poké Hunts at least. They have extra bonuses with them now.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Apr 6 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #11

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Creampuff @ Apr 6 2015, 01:48 PM) *
But those items are limited in the shop each day I don't wanna wait each day to see if leftover or choice bands are in the shop, and they are only in the point shop that you use from getting with things, not with the money on hand. and like the other person said, I'm not going to hunt for a POkemon with a high IV, its rather lame how you guys have this set, I've been here for 5 years and this battle is annoying as all get out! to the point I want to pull my hair out...

Remember that Arceus has been unobtainable for the last 6 years until just this month. Just because we finally made it obtainable, doesn't mean it needs to be as easy as other Pokémon, or that everyone should easily qualify for one.

Arceus should be very difficult to obtain, so if you're figuratively pulling your hair out over the exploration, then great! We did our jobs.

If you're not willing to hunt for Pokémon with high IVs, or learn how the battle tower system works (with regards to altering moves, and using hold items), then you may not be an advanced enough user to qualify for Arceus, and it's perfectly understandable if you forfeit the exploration until a later date when you're more experienced or willing.

However, we won't be changing it up or making anything easier, because Arceus should be reserved for the advanced players.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 6 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #12

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Creampuff @ Apr 6 2015, 01:48 PM) *
and like the other person said, I'm not going to hunt for a POkemon with a high IV

That's what you need to do though if you want to move on. Everyone who has passed that task has more than likely worked on hatching - or adopting the basic form from the safari - a ton of pokemon to get one with incredible IVs. I don't think you even need to focus on high IV stats in general, like if you are to go for an Alakazam, I think aiming for high Sp. Attack and Speed are for the best.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on Alakazam, I just know he's a hard hitting special attacker. lol

You can at least cut corners that way, but you're still going to need to get a team with better IVs.

Just as an ending note, I'd suggest not ignoring other people's advice because they're trying their best to help you beat the task.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.