Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The WORST pokemon game ever?, The one which just didn't deliver...
Elegant Flare
post Apr 29 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Fiery and pretty. What more could you ask for?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 64 936

Cuties 'n' beauties

Lets face it, pokemon fans. There has probably been at least one time when a pokemon game hasn't quite pleased us as much as we would have liked them to. Video game series can have their ups and downs, and pokemon is no exeption.

Which pokemon game (ANY pokemon game) have you found to be rock bottom on your list?

--------------------

NEVER hold a princess captive. It gives them tons of time to plot revenge...
and they will probably know where you live...

For the hundreth time, my Nintendo WFC is back up! PM me if you want a 4th gen. battle!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kintenbo
post Apr 29 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 853

Active Squad

While I never played it directly, watching my sister play Pokemon Channel made me shiver. Although, Pikachu asking if it could eat that one rubber ball was epic!

--------------------
OH NO!!!!! I'M TYPING UP A SIGNATURE!!!!! GUAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post

shambles
post Apr 29 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #3

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 687

Assemble!

Ugh, Pokemon Battle Revolution?
I think that's one it's called -- the one for Wii.
I've played it once, and I can't quite understand how it would be capable of keeping anyone's attention for any amount of time. There was ... very little to do, and none of it interesting.

--------------------
previously doped up dolly.

+Quote Post

OKelly
post Apr 29 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

To me was the Pokemon Puzzle League to me its boring so its rock bottom

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

Starscreamer
post May 6 2010, 04:36 AM
Post #5

It begins with star, and ends in your scream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 145

Plushi collection :3

Pokemon rumble, the last boss is near impossible (WITHOUT hacking) even with 3 players and the codes the official site gave out were duds dry.gif

--------------------

random links (click to show)

needs moar starscream (click to show)

+Quote Post

Mystery Man N
post May 6 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #6

Always Bored
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 271

The Team

Team Turbo.

Never heard of it? Good.

--------------------
I'm not the very best that ever was.

- -
+Quote Post

Rika Creature
post May 12 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 897

Active Squad

I tend to avoid spinoffs for this very reason |D

The only one I really ever played was Pokemon Channel. It amused me for a while, but then it got boring REAL fast...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post May 15 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 035

The Ribbon Elite

Worst game ever? I'd have to say Pokemon Dash. For some reason I just didn't see eye to eye with it. DX

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!
| DeviantART | My Art Blog | Formspring | Subeta |

Roleplays

A Case of Apathy Syndrome

If you want me to join your rp send me a PM! I don't bite <3

Fun Things (click to show)
+Quote Post

OKelly
post May 15 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #9

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

i got a new one pokemon Black and white Because it not out in the US after like 2 months After its out in Jap. happy.gif so yeah once i get it then i might love it

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

carriesnintales
post May 15 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 184

Active Squad

in my opinion i thought emerald just didnt deliver up to the hype it recieved

--------------------
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post May 15 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #11

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

All the Pokemon Games I've ever played have basically met my expectations.

However; Hey You Pikachu! Kinda let me down (Even though it is a cool game) and Dash was pretty boring.

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

LikeitsMaddie
post May 22 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 745

Active Squad

Mm.
I'd say that most spinoffs aren't that great, though some are quite fun. :'D
If I were to choose a main series game, I'd say probably the third generation. While they were my first Pokemon games (seriously) I just didn't like them as much once I'd played generation 1, 2, and 4. c: It was quite bland and boring, and hard for me. Dx For a while, anyway.

--------------------
Click my team ?!

One Clickers ---><---

Dragon Cave

+Quote Post

Fennir
post May 24 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #13

Lookit! I can fly!
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 393

Active Squad

Heartgold and SoulSilver.

Rocket: Give me your pokemon.
Protagonist: ...
Rocket: Fight Me.
*battle against Zubat, Meowth and others in which you must beat the dime a dozen Rockets*
Rocket: Duh hur! Okay we'll leave since you just handed our asses back to us. Giovanni probably is gone anyway!
Protagonist: .....

The plot summarized.

I dunno, I guess I got too hyped for it. Sure, the shiny new stuff was cool... for like a month. I guess I just kinda got bummed that the Rockets didn't put up more a hassle in Kanto. (Or Johto... I always get them confused pinch.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

grandlore
post Jun 1 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 616

HG Team

QUOTE(Eris Shade @ May 25 2010, 12:12 AM) *
Heartgold and SoulSilver.

Rocket: Give me your pokemon.
Rocket: Fight Me.
*battle against Zubat, Meowth and others in which you must beat the dime a dozen Rockets*
Rocket: Duh hur! Okay we'll leave since you just handed our asses back to us. Giovanni probably is gone anyway!
Protagonist: .....

The plot summarized.

I dunno, I guess I got too hyped for it. Sure, the shiny new stuff was cool... for like a month. I guess I just kinda got bummed that the Rockets didn't put up more a hassle in Kanto. (Or Johto... I always get them confused pinch.gif)

While I don't think Heartgold/Soulsilver were the worst, I do think they were disappointing. Especially Kanto. I hated that the Pokemon in the grass in Kanto were all low level. And yet trainers there had high level Pokemon. I couldn't even start a new team like I wanted to because of that. Plus, like you mentioned, the plot was just boring and unoriginal. And I wish PalPark was earlier in the game so I could of got Pokemon from my other games. Hopefully White/Black will be more original than it's predecessors.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hayato
post Jun 2 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #15

The Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 704

HeartGold Team

It looks like Black/White would be, lol

Right now the worst imo is probably Sapphire..
I don't like Gen III

--------------------

|dA|YT|My Shop.|

Credits to avatar and such are in the Things made for me! spoiler.

Formerly Spinni/Servant Kanon/Sho Minamimoto!
I claim Buizek. >8D

Claims (click to show)
Things made for me! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 3 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #16

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

You know Soul Silver was a REMAKE of Gold, Silver, and Crystal, right? Dissing SS and HG is like dissing 2nd gen altogether. Hell, I have Crystal right in front of me. The Kanto pokemon are low leveled, and if I remember correctly, Team Rocket's dialog/team setup has always been that horrible. You got something against 2nd gen, bro!?

*looks intently at two previous comments*

But yeah, I played a little of Pokemon Snap, and it just bugged the hell out of me. Sure, getting pictures of pokemon was "fun", but I started playing the pokemon games for the simple fact that I could materialize a team and kick ass. You can't do that in pokemon snap.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Jun 3 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

Hmmm that's a tough one. I don't think I've actually disliked any of the RPGs or the spinoffs I've played, but I guess Pokemon Dash would be at the bottom of my list. The courses weren't all that exciting, and it got old HAVING to be Pikachu. I mean, I like him,, but why not let you choose out of the others too?

Wow, some people dislike Puzzle League and Snap? I freakin LOVE those games. Especially Puzzle League. Think I need to retrieve an N64 from the basement and play that one again. lol If I could find Snap at a used game store, I'd buy it for sure. I never got to play it all that much when I borrowed it from my friend, cuz my mom fell in love with it and played it all the time.

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 3 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(methuselah alchemist @ Jun 3 2010, 03:21 AM) *
Hmmm that's a tough one. I don't think I've actually disliked any of the RPGs or the spinoffs I've played, but I guess Pokemon Dash would be at the bottom of my list. The courses weren't all that exciting, and it got old HAVING to be Pikachu. I mean, I like him,, but why not let you choose out of the others too?

Wow, some people dislike Puzzle League and Snap? I freakin LOVE those games. Especially Puzzle League. Think I need to retrieve an N64 from the basement and play that one again. lol If I could find Snap at a used game store, I'd buy it for sure. I never got to play it all that much when I borrowed it from my friend, cuz my mom fell in love with it and played it all the time.

In my defense, pokemon snap was really the only spinoff game I've played...and it was because a friend of mine had the game and let me play for half an hour while he did chores. It would be unfair for me to say "I hate Pokemon Dash. I never played it, but FUCK YOU!"

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Jun 3 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

Yeah, I understand; you can't really judge games you haven't played. Pokemon Channel looked pretty boring to m, but I never got to play it, so I can't say anything about that one. Though it does look similar to Hey You, Pikachu, and even though Pikachu was a little brat who ignored me most of the time and didn't like to sit in front of his TV for hours so I could play his videogames, I still loved that one.

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 3 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(methuselah alchemist @ Jun 3 2010, 03:35 AM) *
Yeah, I understand; you can't really judge games you haven't played. Pokemon Channel looked pretty boring to m, but I never got to play it, so I can't say anything about that one. Though it does look similar to Hey You, Pikachu, and even though Pikachu was a little brat who ignored me most of the time and didn't like to sit in front of his TV for hours so I could play his videogames, I still loved that one.

You know, now that I think of it...I've been playing nothing but the classic pokemon games. Well...there's Collosuem and XD, but they were the same basic thing in 3d form (ignoring the whole "shadow pokemon" thing). I've spent the last 10 years or so doing the classic "develop a team and battle them through the game" game style. I don't think I'd be able to take any of the spinoffs srsly if I were to try them...

...*goes back to battle frontier on SS*

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:13 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.