Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
What does an enigma stone do?
Comfey
post Jan 2 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 163 884

Active Squad

I randomly noticed i had one, used it and the website said i "summoned" an egg somewhere. I ignore it, look through my achievements and notice i have one that says i failed to find an egg that i summoned in the lab. What? Was it the enigma stone or something?

Did i summon a lati@s egg that i have to find by spamming "show more" in the lab until i just so happen to see the vague description of the egg, which isn't going to happen if i'm spamming "show more" to find a different description of a different egg with a species that i'm trying to get a shiny of? How was i supposed to know what description the egg had? I don't want to take in random eggs and end up filling my inventory with the wrong pokemon eggs.

--------------------
I make music! Check out my Soundcloud here
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jan 2 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Ok, the Enigma Stone summons a random 1 of 13 summonable Legendary eggs to the Lab, and you have 5 (or 10 if Summon Power is active) minutes to find the legend in the lab and claim it before others will also have an opportunity. You should only activate these summoning items if you are in the lab and have party slots open!

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Comfey
post Jan 2 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jan 2 2015, 04:18 PM) *
Ok, the Enigma Stone summons a random 1 of 13 summonable Legendary eggs to the Lab, and you have 5 (or 10 if Summon Power is active) minutes to find the legend in the lab and claim it before others will also have an opportunity. You should only activate these summoning items if you are in the lab and have party slots open!

Right, but my new question is how am i supposed to know which egg is the legendary egg? All of the descriptions are so vague and nearly impossible to figure out if you don't know what they match beforehand. Two to figure out for the two pokemon i was talking about was bad enough, but 13 is awful.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Jan 2 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

Typically there is something distinct in the description, and that's the only way to really distinguish it from the other eggs in the Lab, since they only show generic egg images. However, if you haven't obtained the Legendary egg before, you can use a Repel (that can be bought from the Shop) to repel the eggs of Pokémon you got before. Repel is effective if you've already obtained lots of other Pokémon eggs before though. Otherwise it can show non-Legendary Pokémon you never got.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jan 2 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

But there's no actual way to tell which legend an Enigma Stone is going to give you until you see it in the Lab, unfortunately.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Comfey
post Jan 2 2015, 09:55 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kieren Walker @ Jan 2 2015, 04:57 PM) *
Typically there is something distinct in the description, and that's the only way to really distinguish it from the other eggs in the Lab, since they only show generic egg images. However, if you haven't obtained the Legendary egg before, you can use a Repel (that can be bought from the Shop) to repel the eggs of Pokémon you got before. Repel is effective if you've already obtained lots of other Pokémon eggs before though. Otherwise it can show non-Legendary Pokémon you never got.

I guess that would be useful if i had hatched alot of different pokemon. Which i kind of haven't.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jan 2 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #7

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(ShadooTH @ Jan 2 2015, 08:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Kieren Walker @ Jan 2 2015, 04:57 PM) *

I guess that would be useful if i had hatched alot of different pokemon. Which i kind of haven't.

Well, get to it, then. happy.gif

Also, I wouldn't summon during a multiplier. 700+ eggs can be a lot to sift through, especially if you don't have the Wide Lens and Summon Power activated.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 2 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

If you come across legendary eggs while clicking (they're easier to tell by the egg design if you don't know what you're looking for), memorize their descriptions. The enigma stone is still a bit harder since you have 13 descriptions to look for, but it helps a lot with the regular summoning items if you can't use repel yet.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jan 2 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #9

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Then again, there are some descriptions that are very easy to recognize. Last night, I used both an Enigma Stone and a Red Orb and got a Shaymin and a Groudon, respectively. I don't want to say what their egg descriptions were, since I think it's against the rules, but most of the time you'll know what it is when you see it.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:17 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.