Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
A bit more trinket customization
swuff
post Sep 29 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #1

swuff★
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 94 697

Sheer

Sometimes I'll submit trinkets, wanting them to be... let's say in Malachite in Rarity... I dunno, 5? However, once uploaded and obtainable, it's usually way off from what I've wanted, like it'll be Wulfenite and Azurite, rarity 3. I'd like to see the following things changable:

-What affinity can get this trinket?
-What rarity is this trinket?

However, if someone puts it, let's say all affinities, rarity one, and it's something that would normally be rare, the moderators may change it. Also, for each of these options, there's a "moderators" choice, where a mod chooses what affinity can get it and what rarity the trinket is, like they currently do.

So basically we can chose what affinity and rarity our trinkets are when submitting them, moderators can change it, and we can let them choose. Also, this would put less work on the mods, since they don't have to chose every trinket's availability and rarity.

--------------------
"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Sep 29 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

You can't choose it. I don't really care what you want. The rarity and affinity of your trinkets is pretty much what I say it should be. Everything needs to be properly balanced and the easiest way for that to be done is if everything is blank to begin with.

There is no team of moderators that work on Trinkets, it's only myself who touches and works with them.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post Sep 29 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

QUOTE(Commander Wymsy @ Sep 30 2012, 10:45 AM) *
You can't choose it. I don't really care what you want. The rarity and affinity of your trinkets is pretty much what I say it should be. Everything needs to be properly balanced and the easiest way for that to be done is if everything is blank to begin with.

There is no team of moderators that work on Trinkets, it's only myself who touches and works with them.

Wymsy'd. xD

One thing I'd wanna mention is that suggesting rarities for your own trinkets is pretty presumptuous. Someone should never judge the quality of something they have made, imo.

Let other people criticise your work. Or in this case... just Wymsy. cat.gif

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Manticore
post Sep 29 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #4

The Manticore
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 532

Burds4Manti

If people got to pick their own rarities, there'd be way more rare 10s and hardly any rare 1s.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kellan
post Sep 30 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 161

Active Squad

I totally felt like it was about trolling me though when my first trinket submission was available to the affinities I WASN'T in. Maybe there needed to an even spread of how many were available to each group, but it still felt like a blow to me in some ways. Also the rarity ended up being higher than I anticipated. Some people make trinkets to be rare but others might just make common items (like the crayons) intending them to be easy to obtain. I wasn't sure where mine would end up on the spectrum but I was surprised to see it judged it on a more valuable level than I did.

This post has been edited by Kellan: Sep 30 2012, 05:39 PM

--------------------
...then Kellan turned 21 and all hell broke loose.
My Art (click to show)
Made For ME! (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinySkarmory227
post Apr 15 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 152 711

Active Squad

I agree with Commander wymsy, they need to be balnced in rarity and in affinity, but it would be good to conciter the affinity of the maker, they would want the trinket themselves it would make them proud. (sorry, it seems that i'm arguing but i'm just giving my opinion)

--------------------
Moving into other fanbases.

I'm never gonna forget this place. I'm still here, always will be.
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Apr 15 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #7

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

This topic hasn't been posted in for half a year, so I think it's a pretty done deal, but long story short is if you add anything to complicate the process, it'll either be too complicated or will end up with disgruntled people anyway. If Wymsy starts with a blank slate, without any ideas that the trinket creator had in mind for their trinket, balancing everything becomes easier/manageable.

I don't think this really needs to be kept open for longer, unless Wymsy changes her mind about how trinkets' rarities and affinities are determined. Kinda doubt that will happen, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.