Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Multiple Bugs (Scav. Hunt, Forum Options, Text)
chubbyfletchling
post Feb 15 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Professional Beeper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 180 764

My SoulSilver Team

First and foremost.

Ever since I joined the forum 7 years ago I've seen the custom member titles where the default text is Pokemon Trainer and I have wanted to change mine. According to another user (Illusione Tempus), there should be a "Custom Member Title" right under the second section header of the "Edit Profile Information" page, right above the "Date of Birth" area. There is no such thing there, however, and I have never seen it once in 7 years. Apparently the only prerequisite needed to be able to change this was being of Member rank or higher on the forum, which I completed long ago.
Forum bug/No "Custom Member Title" field (click to show)

Secondly, for several years now, whenever I try to view Trinket descriptions, or text on any part of GPX that flips around, the text gets layered over the first side's text and I can't read it.
Text error (click to show)

Lastly, I was participating in the Scavenger Hunt this month, and as per the requirements for tonight's task, I got a level 100 Emboar out of the Shelter. The task says an Emboar of level 53 or higher was completely valid, however, it continues to say that the task is still uncompleted. I have failed to complete scavenger hunts as this happens repeatedly and has, again, ever since I first joined.
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I use Firefox and have had these issues on many OSes and versions of browsers, from Windows 7, 8, and 10. I've frankly had enough of this and hope to find some answers.

Thank you,
Fletchy

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Feb 15 2020, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

Forum bug/No "Custom Member Title" field
I'm not entirely sure about this but afaik, in order to gain the 'Member' Title in the past you had to post 10 times. Later, it was added to where you could unlock the title through unlocking the 'Newbie' achievements on the site. I think once you post 10 times, currently you're at '9' you should unlock this feature.

Text error
I am unsure why this happens, I use Firefox too and it happens to me. I can't give you an answer on this.

Scavenger Hunt
You cannot just adopt a Pokemon from the Safari and use it to earn you the completion of a Scavenger Task. You must obtain the Pokemon as an Egg, hatch it, and level it on the same day as the Task.

This post has been edited by Level-X: Feb 15 2020, 04:21 AM

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

MegaFringe
post Feb 15 2020, 04:20 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 254 624

Active Squad

Try scrolling down on the profile page you were on to get to the custom member tiles. They would be right under the interests box at the bottom of your image if your page has the same layout as mine does:

Custom Member Tile (click to show)

I don't know how to help for the second issue. Does it happen on every browser you try?

The scavenger hunt issue is not a bug per se. In the help page for GPX about the scavenger hunts it says "For tasks requiring a Pokémon, you must obtain that Pokémon as an egg on the day of the task. Using a Pokémon you owned before the day of the task, or obtaining a hatched Pokémon from the Safari Zone will not count." On the scavenger hunt page, at the top of the screen there is also a notification "For tasks requiring a Pokémon, the Pokémon must have been obtained and hatched on the day of the task (consequently meaning you MUST obtain an egg, not a hatched Pokémon from the Safari), and in your possession when you return to this page (though it can be in your PC, Party, or anywhere else)" The fact that the pop-up doesn't give this information does make it confusing, though, and I couldn't complete tasks when I started up because of this rule.

I hope this helps!
+Quote Post

chubbyfletchling
post Feb 15 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Professional Beeper
Group Icon

My SoulSilver Team

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I'll try looking at my profile options soon as this should be my 10th post.

I haven't checked whether this happens on other browsers, but I'm not really intent on using another browser just for one sight.

As for the Scavenger Hunt, I never knew that, like, ever. That's the fault of my own ignorance, however, so thank you for informing me.

*Edit: I can officially say even after achieving 10 posts, the option to change my title to something other than "Pokemon Trainer" is still absent.

This post has been edited by chubbyfletchling: Feb 15 2020, 05:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Deleca7755
post Feb 15 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #5

ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 239 529

Obligatory Favorites

I did see your QQ, QA post about your forum title, and I also don't know the cause. I'm using Firefox currently, but as a heads up the flipped text error does not happen on Chrome.

--------------------
I'm with stupid ^
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Feb 16 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #6

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

It looks like it may require over 10 posts to unlock the Custom Title feature, so making an 11th should do the trick.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Level-X
post Feb 16 2020, 11:51 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Feb 16 2020, 05:16 PM) *
It looks like it may require over 10 posts to unlock the Custom Title feature, so making an 11th should do the trick.

Looks like you have your answer Fletchy!
I also found out a way to fix your text error! Go here and uncheck '3D Effects' ^_^.gif

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Feb 17 2020, 12:51 AM
Post #8

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I also have that text error on trinket descriptions on Firefox. Must've been some update to the CSS3 effect we were using. I'll look in to that, but yes, disabling 3D Effects is a solution for now!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

chubbyfletchling
post Feb 18 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Professional Beeper
Group Icon

My SoulSilver Team

Well, I'm very glad to report I can now read the Trinket descriptions and other things. I hope this 11th post also unlocks the custom member title field, will keep you posted as soon as this post, right now, goes up.

Thanks everyone! Though GPX may not be that active anymore, I'm glad to know that people still have the heart to help out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

chubbyfletchling
post Feb 18 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #10

Professional Beeper
Group Icon

My SoulSilver Team

Sure enough, that did it! I have my dream custom title. All my problems are now fixed with this. Thanks everyone!

Mods, feel free to lock this topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.