Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Celestial Celebration [Coin Event]
Jen
post Oct 20 2022, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Hello, everyone!

This month's theme for the Coin Event is based on a celestial theme suggested by Sealeo, Linoone, TwiliTerror, and Rookie Roo!
The event will run from the 23rd of October until the 8th of November at reset. (October 22nd 11:55pm ET -> November 8th 11:55pm ET)

solrock.gif If you had any leftover Coins from the previous event, your total will be reset to 0 when the event begins.

lunatone.gif The Event Shop will remain open throughout the month of November.

clefairy.gif When the event begins at the designated time, the following celestial themed Pokémon will hatch with a Coin:
Absol
Amaura
Blipbug
Carbink
Cleffa
Elgyem
Gothita
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Lunatone
Minior
Munna
Nidoran F
Nidoran M
Porygon
Roggenrola
Sableye
Skitty
Solrock
Staryu
Swablu
Teddiursa

If you've saved enough Coins, you'll be able to exchange them for some lovely prizes in the Event Shop!
Prizes range from 1 Coin to a top prize of 600 Coins.

Note: There will be a bonus prize for 5,000 Coins. It didn't feel right to not include it with this theme. Good luck!
dialga.gif : giratina.gif : palkia.gif

We hope you'll have lots of fun with this event!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Oct 21 2022, 01:32 AM
Post #2

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Wow, here I thought we were doing a Halloween-themed event. No real complaints from me, though; sounds like a lot of fun! The 5K Coin bonus prize sounds interesting, but I personally will never be able to get that many Coins haha. Still, I can't wait to see what it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Oct 21 2022, 01:35 AM
Post #3

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Surprise! One might think of this as a Halloween trick but there's plenty of treats for you.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Oct 21 2022, 01:36 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

This is a really cool alternate theme to Halloween while still matching the vibe of the holiday. Love it! And two in one month??? Actually insane but very appreciated.

A special prize for 5k coins... golly, y'all are gonna make me put in the work. But don't think I won't.

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

Isla de Monte Cr...
post Oct 21 2022, 01:57 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 612

Active Squad

Ahhhhhh! I'm so ready to hatch 2k eggs like an absolute madperson! I love the celestial theme and I'm loving the speculation on this 5k coin mystery!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Oct 21 2022, 03:33 AM
Post #6

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Could it be Dialga/Palkia Origin formes? 🤔

--------------------

+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Oct 21 2022, 04:20 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Nice variety and I look forward to seeing the 5k bonus prize. 2k event eggs are kind of annoying for the PC limited (e.g. old timers or collector types) but once the PC is full then that makes it simpler to walk away so that should feel like a feature.

It would be nice if there was any scaling of coins for egg maturity -- fast hatching eggs is fun but demands more attention. Yes, players might try to optimize but that is simply applying their individual preferences. The presence of 2k eggs among the bunch is just going to give a trivial optimization if one considers only coins as many will. Maturity coin scaling would allow for varying secondary interest in slower hatching eggs and/or considered use of limited resources like attention or PC space.

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Oct 21 2022, 04:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Oct 21 2022, 08:17 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

5k??? Damn, I dont know how you people can do it, I barely keep up with the shiny prizes at average 100 eggs a day, and this would require almost 300 a day.....

--------------------
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Oct 21 2022, 08:29 AM
Post #9

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Alas, aliens are pretty spooky - no? I had a funny feeling the next event would be space-themed and I'm here for it. I guess you could say it was in the stars? Nice to see Porygon and Swablu make a swift return. It's anybody's guess who 5,000 is as a lot of legendaries are space-themed but my money's on the Cosmos-Frying Flash of Nasty Stuff. I'm glad to see more fun "unique prizes" though.
Also it would be convenient if you retroactively included Gastly because I may have started hunting it in anticipation and it looks like a comet. Anyhow, back to bed.

And to Moss's comment - I was more fond of the coin scaling idea before the EXP boost was implemented but now I'm more ambivalent. It would be nice if the eggs were more equitable as the star users wouldn't resort to spamming the lowest maturity eggs and increase diversity though that's always been a part of the GPX+ equation and it's also part of the fun of having varied egg steps in the first place. Another thing I find fun is being forced to make decisions - in this case it's usually optimization v. "egg i want more for personal reasons" so removing that would remove a bit of breath out of me. I realize in your case this decision is not so difficult but I feel it's something of an inevitability that the game's world will shrink as you progress through it. I don't mean to talk down your idea - you already highlighted positives on it and I would be fine either way. Also my opinions tend to be dissonant anyways so with any luck you should find plenty of support. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ember Lake
post Oct 21 2022, 04:45 PM
Post #10

Glitch Queen
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 857

Gladiteria

I do love these coin events I'm very happy to see something new added! Though maybe it's because I was on hiatus for so long but they're knew to me! 5k is a challenge I'm willing to try but maybe I'll abuse the multipliers we'll hopefully get to lower my poor shiny hunt recorder just a tad as well...

--------------------
~~
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Oct 21 2022, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

@Prof Euc

I agree that the boost in click maturity makes everything less than 5k eggs pretty fast hatching. On the 3.2 days even 30k eggs sometimes mature in less than an hour... which seems decidedly excessive but full PC is a happy PC is a go outside and play opportunity.

My other thought on the coin events in general is that they have lost some of their initial charm. Old old events were of the whoever gets the most gets the spiffy prize. But after I and others realized the top 5-10 all got the same prize there was less of a push for the overall lead and to just be in the top group. This was healthier.

Then came the coin shop which ended that competition and allowed players to select the items they wished to gather coins for. And there was a steep drop in perceived value after the various Sh. Vouchers.

But there were fossils... of passing interest and unlimited.

And then summoning items... of more interest but alas also unlimited.

There were some restrictions on the number of these items in your party but the coin gathering maniacs (including myself) were also able to schedule and just summon summon summon.

Or for one, who I noted! but will not refer to, they summoned and left them for others to enjoy. Thank You. It was very strange to see three Ho-oh eggs on a single lab screen.

So my preference would be that the fossils, summoning items etc. be of limited stock in the Event Shop. Perhaps 5-10 but anything not unlimited. Flame Orbs are limited... but Red Orbs etc. are not. Conversely, it would be nice if the rare evolution items such as Corruption Orbs did not have this limit. But the Sh. Legendary vouchers may just need to be used with the few Corruption Orbs.

I can always select how to play but it helps if there are some limits which help with defining what is enough. Maybe I just need to collect another box or two of something to help the PC limit apply just a bit sooner...

It is nice to see the site has more users most days now and it seems like they are plenty active so that is all great. And the Events with many eggs and the Event Shop with many, and varied items also offer some choices for players.

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Oct 21 2022, 11:10 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Ummm, not like the worst thing in the world but the event shop closed? I thought we had one more day to spend them? Did the new event start today instead?

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

KitsuYuuki
post Oct 22 2022, 01:05 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 366

Active Squad

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 21 2022, 09:59 PM) *
And then summoning items... of more interest but alas also unlimited.

There were some restrictions on the number of these items in your party but the coin gathering maniacs (including myself) were also able to schedule and just summon summon summon.

Or for one, who I noted! but will not refer to, they summoned and left them for others to enjoy. Thank You. It was very strange to see three Ho-oh eggs on a single lab screen.

So my preference would be that the fossils, summoning items etc. be of limited stock in the Event Shop. Perhaps 5-10 but anything not unlimited. Flame Orbs are limited... but Red Orbs etc. are not. Conversely, it would be nice if the rare evolution items such as Corruption Orbs did not have this limit. But the Sh. Legendary vouchers may just need to be used with the few Corruption Orbs.

I actually really enjoyed the summon community event, I think it's really cool that the community came together to make a bunch of people happy with the summons. When it was happening, so many players were excited and having fun, hoping for a shiny legendary. Summons don't really have a lot of value anyway since you can easily farm them with explorations, and they tend to be very common as hatched legendaries in the shelter. Lugia, Ho-oh, and the Latis already have such a low value, that keeping the summons unlimited really doesn't hurt anything. The same is true for other summons, it's such a small pool of the overall legendaries, that it really doesn't hurt anything to leave them unlimited.
+Quote Post

Jade
post Oct 22 2022, 03:11 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Favorites

One thing I kind of wish is that the summoning items/fossils weren't limited to only 2 at a time to buy. I really don't feel like there's a need for the limit anymore - if there really ever was one. I don't really understand why it's in place.
But especially if we do any other back-to-back events like this. A week between events isn't really a lot of time to spend all the coins some people may earn, either because of work related things or just needing a break afterwards (I love the events but they do take a lot out of me).

This post has been edited by Jade: Oct 22 2022, 03:12 AM

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

yellowsofa
post Oct 22 2022, 06:49 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 166 000

FAVOURITE

Aahhh another coin event this month? YEESSSS thank you. Just another opportunity for me to try and get a voucher! But just the one as my skills are limited pinch.gif Also, 5000 coins?! What madness is that?! whyme.gif

--------------------
Please click my pretties

Banner and avatar made by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

Extras (click to show)

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Oct 22 2022, 07:28 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 22 2022, 04:59 AM) *
My other thought on the coin events in general is that they have lost some of their initial charm. Old old events were of the whoever gets the most gets the spiffy prize. But after I and others realized the top 5-10 all got the same prize there was less of a push for the overall lead and to just be in the top group. This was healthier.

I disagree entirely. At least the current event system gives everyone a fair shot at getting the prizes they want, and isn't dependent on others who might have unlimited free time and resources to hog the first spots.

I'd even argue that it would be cool if the shop didn't reset between events. Since I only really want the shiny voucher prizes, it feels like any remaining amount of my coins becomes worthless, and then the event ends early/abruptly. If there was the choice to save up coins between events, it would give casual players an option to save up for the shiny prizes, as well as just let the rest of us not waste our remaining coins on prizes we dont actually want. Or for example, it would actually give more players a chance at eventually getting the 5k prize, whatever that will be. Currently it doesn't even feel achievable to me, as it would require me to earn 3x as much coins as I usually do.
---

I do like the idea of different egg-step groups giving different amounts of coins. For example, anything <5k giving one coin and anything over 5k giving 2 (or being random chance between 1-2 coins). Would help us in the days when everyone is going for the low step eggs and they run out quickly, and more options to shiny hunt the pokemon we actually need.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Oct 22 2022, 11:01 AM
Post #17

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Moss -
I may be too young to remember those old events but I understand your perspective. I think the main focus behind these events is less toward competition and more for users to seek out their personal goals with fewer limits. I'm not sure what you mean by healthier - I suppose there may be a higher density of 'coin gathering maniacs' since everybody can be a winner which may be at the detriment to said maniacs' health (I think 5000 coins for the new thing is ludicrous considering the relative cheapness of the next most expensive thing but I digress...) but it is clear that more people will get more resources with this model. Whether that is a good thing is up to debate.

I think Hoppy's summoning spree (hi hoppy) is emblematic of your point. Should somebody be able to do this? That's up to the admins. I would personally have no qualms with placing stock limits on fossils and summoning items. (Or alternatively for consistency's sake, make 'less valuable' items like flame orbs infinite as well. I really see no reason for flame orbs to be limited in this way, it's bizarre <orb with flame trapped inside.>)

If this precedent continues (essentially, having constant events during non-swsh season) I think some thought should definitely be given toward further balancing the shop.

I also completely sympathize with your feelings on the devaluing of these prized items in general.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dragon Arbock
post Oct 22 2022, 11:20 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 541

My Silver Team

Why is the coin shop gone already? I had I think 90 coins I was planning on using yet today. Why is it gone before rollover?
+Quote Post

Jade
post Oct 22 2022, 11:40 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Professor Eucalyptus @ Oct 22 2022, 09:01 AM) *
Moss -
I may be too young to remember those old events but I understand your perspective. I think the main focus behind these events is less toward competition and more for users to seek out their personal goals with fewer limits. I'm not sure what you mean by healthier - I suppose there may be a higher density of 'coin gathering maniacs' since everybody can be a winner which may be at the detriment to said maniacs' health (I think 5000 coins for the new thing is ludicrous considering the relative cheapness of the next most expensive thing but I digress...) but it is clear that more people will get more resources with this model. Whether that is a good thing is up to debate.

I think Hoppy's summoning spree (hi hoppy) is emblematic of your point. Should somebody be able to do this? That's up to the admins. I would personally have no qualms with placing stock limits on fossils and summoning items. (Or alternatively for consistency's sake, make 'less valuable' items like flame orbs infinite as well. I really see no reason for flame orbs to be limited in this way, it's bizarre <orb with flame trapped inside.>)

If this precedent continues (essentially, having constant events during non-swsh season) I think some thought should definitely be given toward further balancing the shop.

I also completely sympathize with your feelings on the devaluing of these prized items in general.

Let me put it this way for the unhealthiness thing:

-Prior to these coins events - which I feel are a VASTLY improved method of gaining on high end items - we really only had like one-two opportunities a year to get a shiny voucher. Usually for the Hannakuh event. The method was similar, we would get coins for only SOME eggs we hatch out of a set number of Pokemon.
You basically had to be in the top ten coin hatchers - to keep up with some of the crazier people, you pretty much had to play all day, every day, non stop. Now these were my choices but I definitely skipped on sleep and food on more than one occasion just to "play more" lol.
That's really, really draining. I would generally be one of those people, and after that event, and the high activity score event, I would generally put the game down for a few months.

I do not, by any stretch of the means, want to go back to that lol It was miserable and not really that fun, just a grind. And that's coming from someone who could get the top prize. I can't even imagine how it felt for the many, MANY people who knew it was out of reach for them the moment it started. It probably was a bummer.

And, honestly, for people who have played for years like me? Shiny novelty and legendary vouchers are kinda of a nice thing to finally complete out some hunts that are, by any other means, impossible (And when you're running out of hunts to even DO...). While also being nice for casual players who really had no other way to get those items and NOW they can.
It's also redrummed up a LOT of interest back in the game, and we're getting pluses and players like we haven't in a long time. Overall, these events are an overall positive both for the site's revenue and us.
You take away the prizes, you take away like 90% of the people's desires to play during these times. The average player doesn't want to or can't put that much play time into this game and it should, honestly, be fair to all of us.

Tl;dr - The old method was too structured towards high end players and too much of a grind. New method is less intensive and more fair to everyone. Spreads out site activity more healthily as well.

QUOTE(Dragon Arbock @ Oct 22 2022, 09:20 AM) *
Why is the coin shop gone already? I had I think 90 coins I was planning on using yet today. Why is it gone before rollover?

I was confused about that too - but I finally figured it out. In Nom's thread, it says the shop would close YESTERDAY at reset.
But this post of course says our coins won't reset until tonight - which is a bit confusing because why not just reset on the day the shop closes? So yeah I feel ya. I lost 425 lol

Edit: Okay of all the things I could think up the 5k prize to be Arceus was not it, but that's rad. I'm curious to see how many people will get it.
Sh. otherworldy voucher is super exciting!! Don't know what I'll use it for But I adore having the option

This post has been edited by Jade: Oct 22 2022, 11:19 PM

--------------------
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Darky
post Oct 23 2022, 04:28 AM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Oh, another lovely event=) But 5k coins is way too much for me. I want an Arkoos eggo, but how to get 5k coins for specific mons? How do people get that many coins? Share your secrets, please, I'd love to know=)

I think for these events we need to do quick release option and never-ending grabs, or something like that. I can fil lup my boxes and have no grabs and do nothing while I still have some time left.This is slowing me and others down=(

This post has been edited by Darky: Oct 23 2022, 05:10 AM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:54 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.