Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some of my favorites, With Pokemon that work with them
ShinyTyphlosion
post May 30 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

This team my not be as refined or as well planned out as my other teams, but it seems to work pretty well.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game and the fastest SR user. The only two Pokemon who can Taunt it is the VERY rare Electrode and a Speed tie with another Aero. With the Focus Sash he can get SR in every single time and then I can attack them or switch out right after.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard
Assurance
Earthquake

I think of Donphan as one of the best Rapid Spinners in the game. I think bulkiness means more to a rapid spinner than speed which is why I chose him over Starmie and a few others. He also works well as a phys wall. He is also the only Rapid Spinner who can strike Spin Blockers hard with a super effective move. Rapid Spin is also very important on my team as 4 of my Pokemon are weak to SR. All moves are Standard. No explanation needed.

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Att / 252 Spd
Psychic
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Trick

And now we're getting to my favorites. Azelf is a very fast Pokemon with 115 base speed maxing out at 361. Add Choice Specs in there and he can do full sweeps of teams himself. Psychic and Flamethrower are standard. Energy Ball for overall team coverage. And Trick in case a non-attacking wall like Blissey comes in.

Typhlosion @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Att / 252 Spd
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (Ice)
Focus Blast
SolarBeam

Typhlosion is a very powerful Pokemon once he gets going. If you predict properly, he can sweep an entire team himself. Unfortunately, he has a very shallow move pool. It still does not stop him from being my very favorite Pokemon though. Flamethrower and Focus Blast are standard. Hidden Power Ice takes out any dragons who would otherwise completely wall Typhlosion. SolarBeam is because of his lack of coverage and when timed correctly can take out a water type.

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Sp Def
Curse
Avalanche
Rest
Sleep Talk

Though he may not be the best special wall with all his weaknesses including a weakness to Stealth Rock, he fairs pretty well. Even against a Stab Flamethrower he survives with plenty of health left. His goal is to come in on a Special attacker and Curse. Since most people don't pay much attention to the NU tier, it takes them a few turns to realize that they can't hurt it very much with special attacks. This is normally the 3rd or so turn that they attack and I use Rest showing them that they have to switch. Once they bring their Phys attacker in though, it's already to late and he has enough Curses up to defend against it and can hit back hard with Avalanche.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Sp Def / 252 Speed
Sleep Powder
Aromatherapy
Substitute
Leech Seed

I just love it. It puts Pokemon to sleep, hides behind a Substitute, uses Leech Seed and is at full health again! Toss in Aromatherapy for team support and it's just great. Then I can just stall them out, or switch out to one of my other Pokemon and let them heal of the other Pokemon's health from Leech Seed. 0 HP EVs is important so that Jumpluff can get as much HP out of Leech Seed as possible.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post May 31 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #2

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

I suspect you aren't using the Uber clause...(Plus the fact I don't see a certain word but ok.)
Switch Jumpluff with Blissey.

You can decide out of these: Here or make you own Blissey.
However, Blissey ALWAYS needs Leftovers.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jun 1 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #3

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Actually, yes I am using the Uber clause. And I prefer to use Smogon instead of Serebii as it is more updated. That one that you showed me on Serebii was made in May 07 so it is extremely outdated. Also, other than finding a VERY rare Wish Bliss, it wouldn't be able to heal the rest of my team. Plus it doesn't have the very annoying Sleep Powder.

Besides, Regice is a perfectly fine Special wall, so I don't see why I would need another Special wall.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jun 4 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #4

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

QUOTE(ShinyTyphlosion @ Jun 1 2010, 02:52 AM) *
Actually, yes I am using the Uber clause. And I prefer to use Smogon instead of Serebii as it is more updated. That one that you showed me on Serebii was made in May 07 so it is extremely outdated. Also, other than finding a VERY rare Wish Bliss, it wouldn't be able to heal the rest of my team. Plus it doesn't have the very annoying Sleep Powder.

Besides, Regice is a perfectly fine Special wall, so I don't see why I would need another Special wall.

When did I say to switch out Regice? And although it's outdated, that doesn't mean the strategy still isn't used. Soft Boiled is the most abused move with Blissey.(OK, BESIDES Protect for those Blissey addicts...) Anyway, there's always a switch to Pokemon that can learn Spore or Hypnosis.
One more thing, you have poor Weavile coverage. That Typhlosion would have to: 1: outspeed Weavile(impossible) and 2. Not die before Weavile gets out. Aerodactyl is a good Resistance, but since you won't switch out Jumpluff for healing reasons, you'll have to switch Typhlosion with a TTar. TTar = used a lot in UU. It would kill your team. So counter it with another, unless you prefer Garchomp.

All I know for move set for a TTar you SHOULD use is:
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw / Dragon Claw
-Stealth Rock / Crunch(if you pick shadow claw)
-Stone Edge
Throw in a Choice Band.

I suggest you make its nature Naught or Lonely, since its attack stat must be on par.

This post has been edited by The Risin Salamance: Jun 5 2010, 12:16 PM

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jun 5 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

I didn't say that you said I should switch out Regice for Blissey, but one special wall is all a person needs. Especially with such high defenses that Regice has. Plus, like I said before, it can't heal my team.

If I switch out a Typhlosion for T-Tar then I will get wiped out by most steel types as Azelf's Flamethrower can only KO so a few of them. Mainly Scizor if it came in on Azelf's Psychic already knowing it was Choiced then using SD. Then it could sweep my entire team without breaking a sweat. Even a Metagross or Jirachi which are only 2HKOed by Azelf Flamethrower and take him down before I can do much of anything else. Plus it doesn't stop any Weaviles with Brick Break which is an extremely common move for them.

Though, you do have a point. I have a pretty large weakness to Weavile that I didn't see before. Perhaps I'll switch Typhlosion (NUUUUU!!) for a Blaziken with Vacuum Wave. That should take down any Weaviles I come across. Maybe this set that I made should work.

Blaziken @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVs: 100 Att / 172 Sp Att / 236 Spd
Overheat
Vacuum Wave
Superpower
Thunderpunch

With 100 Attack EVs exactly he will be able to OHKO max HP and Def Blisseys with Superpower. 236 allows him to outspeed anything that is a threat to him as nothing in his speed tier would work against him. The rest are dropped into Sp Attack as he has no use for them in anything else. Expert Belt is just because he would use to much health with a Life Orb. Choice Band wouldn't allow him to KO Metagross, Choice Specs wouldn't allow him to KO Blisseys or Gyarados', and Choice Scarf wouldn't allow any of them KOed.

Hmmm... But then I look at it and if I do that I lose my main dragon counter. :/ This is hard...

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: Jun 5 2010, 07:57 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.