Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Partner Request Thread
Toogee
post Apr 13 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Post your partner requests here! Use the same profile requirements as your PCs

Do you think your character could use some company on his/her adventure? Not impressed with the human PCs? Do you have a character in mind? Look no further, for "Partners" are now officially added to the PANE RP!!!

The newest addition to PANE is quite old, introduced by Master Houndoom. These are different from NPCs, as described below:

NPCs: Temporary filler characters used to advance the plot of a particular RP. This can be as simple as a cashier working in a pokemart or a family member making an impromptu phone call. Other times, it can be a minor villain acting as the main antagonist in an RP. Usually, these NPCs are around for one RP, but they can reappear in another later RP. Unless otherwise noted, you shouldn't need permission to create an NPC.

NOTE: Player-created NPCs will require permission from the creator to use (unless otherwise noted). NPCs like the various Nurse Joys/Officer Jennys do not require permission.

Partners: Characters like Meiko Omura, these characters are a mix between PC and NPC. They act as a frequently recurring character, often accompanying the main character in his or her travels. These partners tend to be good friends, advisors, slaves, or even significant others. Other times, they are rivals to the main character, appearing often throughout the story. Partners are free to pursue their own goals (example: main goes for gym battles, partner for contests, etc) and share level average with the main. Permission is required before acquiring a partner; this means that a mod will have to approve a profile for the partner.

Rules

1. Only one partner per main character
2. The partner must be within the same thread as the main character. That is, the partner can't participate in another RP different from that as the main character.
3. A partner serves as a supporting character, while the main usually has the majority of the spotlight. You can't play solely as the partner.
4. Partners are different from major recurring villains (like Team Deception), though both require permission from a mod.
5. Partner's pokemon team shares the level average of the main's team. Upon creation, they can have any pokemon under the sun (except legendaries, pseudo-legends, and fossils) and can obtain more (make requests in capture request thread). Evolved pokemon are also allowed, so long as the total levels remain in the level average.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PinkiePie
post Apr 21 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Name: Lanette Saital
Hometown: Alto Mare, Johto

Appearance: Despite what others think, Lanette’s crimson hair is natural. The result of a birth defect, what would’ve been cherry blonde became striking red, making her an oddity among the other girls. Whatever fates controlled beauty blessed her with striking features, her face smooth and perfectly shaped. Her skin is silky and slick in appearance, a colorful but at the same time pasty tan color. Lanette’s ears are round and her nose is slightly pointed.

Her typical outfit, when she isn’t in a contest, consists of a lime-green tank-top and long white jeens, cut at the ankles. She also wears brown sandals and always has a black armband around her wrist. When she wants to dress up for a contest, her favorite dress is a large red ballroom gown, complete with matching headdress and a wand with a small ruby-colored fixture upon it. The dress, obviously, matches her hair.

Personality: Lanette is passionate and fiery, always determined to do her best, even in hopeless or otherwise difficult situations. Although contests are more her style, she’ll never decline a challenge when it’s presented. When she isn’t in a competitive zone, she’s one of the most pleasant and compassionate people one could meet, and she cares greatly for others’ feelings. When she can, she helps, even if it’s a complete stranger, and no matter the job. She rarely gets angry, and when she does, it’s short lived and quiet. Lanette’s quick to forgive and forget, and is honest and kind.

Biography: Born to a struggling family of four, Lanette was the youngest of two siblings and her widowed mother. Growing up, her only male role model was her eldest sibling, Jason. Her mother was always distraught and stressed, working almost all around the clock to make ends meet. At age three, Lanette’s ten year-old brother went off to try his hand at being a pokemon trainer, coming back after only a year to help the family. Soon after, when Lanette was seven, her older sister, Mylissa, also tried to go on an adventure, but came back even sooner than Jason had.

Alto Mare was not a great place to Lanette. Having lived there her entire life, the sights of the town didn’t impress her anymore, and she wanted to see the world. So, at eleven, she also left on her own adventure, expecting to make a success of herself. And she did, but it came in an unorthodox fashion. Soon after leaving home, Lanette found a quaint little dress shop and decided to look around, not having too much money to spend. But she found a dress that just clicked with her, and she knew she had to have it. Asking the cashier how much, she found it would cost her all the money she had.

She bought the dress. Immediately following, she left the little town and made her way to Azalea Town. On the outskirts of town, she ran into a young man by the name Vincent Lance, an aspiring young trainer having trouble raising his Totodile. Lanette offered to help train the young man’s pokemon for a short time, and after about a week, the unruly Totodile was tamed. Lanette had grown quite fond of the young man, Vincent, and decided to travel with him for a little while. They talked to one another about life and future plans, having as great time. Vincent even helped Lanette catch her second pokemon, a young Burmy hanging in a low tree.

Eventually, Vincent parted with her when their paths split, Lanette going to Hoenn and Vincent going to Kanto. Half a month into her adventure, Lanette made a choice to collect contest ribbons, and so she did. Her Burmy worked extremely well with her Beautifly, and together the three obtained three ribbons. Lanette headed home as fast as she could to brag to her family, only to find her brother home.

“Jason,” Lanette started, coming through the front gate, “where’s mom? And Mylissa?”

“Gone,” Jason said evenly. “They packed up and left.”

“Without you?” Lanette asked, unable to think of anything else to ask.

“Yes, without me. Someone had to stay and hold down the fort.”

“Well, what happened?”

“Mother fell gravely ill, so Mylissa took her to Verdanturf in Hoenn.”

Ironically, Lanette had just been there not even two months before. “Shoot, I missed them!”

“Well, I just got the word the mother won’t recover,” said Jason, adding to the already bad news. “Mylissa will be staying with her.”

“Well, I can’t stay here,” Lanette thought aloud. Then she remembered that Vincent, the boy from Johto, had offered to let her come live with his father if anything ever happened to her. So she headed that way, going straight to Sinnoh and looked up Mr. Lance’s number, finding him on a remote island just off the coast of Sandgem town. She waited there until she was seventeen, and Vincent finally came home, only to announce that he was leaving again. She decided to go with him, having been told that there would be contest halls in this new region he was going to.

And the boy was sorta cute. Why not go with him, right?

Pokemon:

burmy.gif Burmy level 10
Mild nature
Tackle, Protect, String Shot

Notes: Mellow, calm, stoic. Usually doesn't go out of its way or spend any extra effort on anything.

beautifly.gif Beautifly level 10
Timid nature
Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Absorb

Notes: Shy, affectionate, but slow to warm up to people. Always tries its hardest, but isn't comfortable around strangers.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Apr 22 2010, 08:30 AM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
2gamers   Partner Request Thread   Apr 13 2010, 08:11 PM
Living Arrow   REQUEST! Name: Lyla Moore Age: 17 Hometown: C...   Apr 14 2010, 12:19 PM
2gamers   I will assume all those daycare pokemon aren't...   Apr 14 2010, 01:13 PM
Lux Cruxis   Name: Ven Rivers Age: 13 Hometown: Lilycove City ...   Apr 14 2010, 08:15 PM
2gamers   It is of proper length. Approved.   Apr 14 2010, 08:57 PM
Xal   Name: Govannon Age: 22 Hometown: Pewter City Appe...   Apr 22 2010, 03:35 PM
2gamers   Approved.   Apr 22 2010, 07:43 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Name: Nate Guzman Age: 20 Hometown: Petropolis Ap...   Jun 3 2010, 05:40 PM
2gamers   Approved. Oh, and for everyone else reading this,...   Jun 3 2010, 05:51 PM
Alex Slasher   Partner Name: Thomas Hawk. Age: 14 Hometown: Phean...   Jun 4 2010, 09:52 AM
2gamers   Let's avoid the TM moves for now. They all see...   Jun 4 2010, 01:33 PM
Alex Slasher   I edited the moves for you. I wrote this up ages a...   Jun 6 2010, 03:41 AM
2gamers   Approved   Jun 6 2010, 07:56 AM
Stasis Key   Name: Reneé Cheryl 'RC' Desmarais-Moreau A...   Jul 14 2010, 11:01 PM
2gamers   Yes, but why did she go to Furoh of all places? I...   Jul 15 2010, 05:31 AM
Stasis Key   The ferry in Olivine was en route to Furoh, and sh...   Jul 15 2010, 10:10 AM
2gamers   OK. Now add that to her Bio. Approved.   Jul 15 2010, 11:04 AM
Tekno   Name: Karen Spring. Age: 18. Hometown: Azalea Town...   Jan 16 2011, 03:31 PM
FirePower   Name:Luke Undar Age:15 Hometown:Jublife city/ Barl...   May 19 2011, 11:11 AM
2gamers   @ firepower: Approved. @ Tekno: Looks like we for...   May 19 2011, 09:57 PM
Tekno   That was rather convenient actually, seeing how I ...   May 21 2011, 08:35 PM
2gamers   Approved.   May 21 2011, 09:07 PM
Razor the Tepig   Name: Nymphadora 'Kat' Ubero Age: 15 Homet...   Sep 19 2011, 10:28 PM
Kamaitachi   Let's start with Technicalities: Normally, Pa...   Sep 20 2011, 09:56 AM
Razor the Tepig   Yes, I will contest the Rain Dance restriction, if...   Sep 21 2011, 04:54 PM
Kamaitachi   Ah yes, I know that Bronzong can learn Rain Dance ...   Sep 21 2011, 11:46 PM
Razor the Tepig   Ok. I won't have her use it in battles until t...   Sep 26 2011, 05:43 PM
Kamaitachi   I have some new questions: If Vernon was sent to ...   Sep 27 2011, 05:39 PM
Lacuna Shade   Name: Tawny Harshman Age: 20 Hometown: Azalea Town...   Nov 26 2011, 02:29 AM
Kamaitachi   J'approve.   Nov 26 2011, 02:33 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   (Partner to Lysander Kirby Doyle) Name: Daniel M...   Mar 24 2012, 12:12 AM
Toogee   Approved, as are moves.   Mar 24 2012, 06:54 AM
The Rose Crusader   (Partner of Aaron Zephyr) Name: Jayne Sparkle Ge...   Jul 9 2013, 12:14 PM
Kamaitachi   Approved, but this means that in order to keep the...   Jul 9 2013, 02:53 PM
7eeveelutions   Scott's Ranger Rival/Ally! For Nikila, if ...   Apr 20 2014, 09:48 PM
Kamaitachi   Approved   Apr 21 2014, 10:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:46 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.