Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 133 134 135 136 137 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Plain Jane
post Dec 5 2019, 09:47 AM
Post #2681

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

Hi everyone. Someone posted their Battle Tower team a while back on another thread after they completed Master Commuter (3,000 Battle Subway wins) and I thought I'd do the same thing.

I use a slightly different team now, but I'll be showing off the team that carried me through most of the grind.

Ancient Alakazam

25 HP/19 ATK/30 DEF/31 SATK/26 SDEF/7 SPD (138 total)
Modest (+SATK -ATK)
Choice Specs

Ancient Alakazam sports the same extreme base SATK stat as Mega Alakazam (180), and having a SATK boosting nature and perfect SATK IVs makes it an amazing cannon. As a party leader, it often can completely melt at least half of an entire team before it runs into a Zoroark or other obligatory Dark type, and if the other team makes the mistake of not having a good Psychic counter it can sweep the entire team outright. This wasn't actually my party leader for much of my grind, and as a non-leader it served as a good panic button to quickly end battles.

Dugtrio

25 HP/31 ATK/19 DEF/27 SATK/15 SDEF/31 SPD (148 total)
Hasty (+SPD, -DEF)
Choice Band

This was my party leader for a long time before I opted for Ancient Alakazam instead. When I was coached through creating a competent Battle Tower team, I was told that Dugtrio would be a good party leader due to it covering 5 types and being extremely fast. My Dugtrio in particular is about as optimal as my Ancient Alakazam, having perfect ATK and SPD IVs and a SPD boosting nature, which are both Dugtrio's strongest traits. It works quite well as a party leader because it's made of paper and can't take hits at all, so being a speedy cannon works the most in that position. As a non-leader it serves as a good revenge killer and counter to bulky Steel and/or Rock enemies.

Mega Gyarados

24 HP/31 ATK/23 DEF/26 SATK/25 SDEF/28 SPD (157 total)
Impish (+DEF, -SATK)
Rock Gem

A very reliable, powerful, and well-rounded team member, Mega Gyarados can deal with many situations. It served most notably as a Psychic counter, and got good use out of its Rock Gem by dealing with Flying Pokemon. It most notably counters Charizard extremely well, being able to deal x4 damage with its Rock move while halving its offensive damage by being half Water-type.

Ferrothorn

30 HP/31 ATK/20 DEF/21 SATK/24 SDEF/25 SPD (151 total)
Bashful (Neutral)
Leftovers

An absolutely amazing and vital member of my team. With Leftovers and beefy DEF and SDEF base stats, this can take a lot of punishment from anything that doesn't directly counter it. I usually use this against Normal and/or Flying type Pokemon since those moves do half damage against Steel. If I'm in the proper position to do so, I hit it with one or two Swords Dances and do some serious damage. Its Steel typing means that it can counter Fairy types, which is important as many teams are sporting Gardevoir or Mega Gardevoir.

Valentacruel

12 HP/27 ATK/27 DEF/30 SATK/19 SDEF/30 SPD (145 total)
Lax (+DEF -SDEF)
Leftovers

As a bulky Fairy type, this counters Fairy and Dark types while being able to take punishment from them. Though its Water typing is somewhat redundant with Mega Gyarados's presence, it helps more than you might think to have two Water-types.

Darmanitan

17 HP/19 ATK/2 DEF/31 SATK/29 SDEF/19 SPD (117 total)
Timid (+SPD, -ATK)
Choice Band

Though the stats on this one aren't nearly as impressive as my other team members, its Choice Band and high ATK base stat make it an effective slugger. It can surprisingly cut through a lot of Pokemon that it isn't a direct counter to due to it being a fast and heavy hitter, but does rather average when it comes to taking hits.

Mega Audino

31 HP/29 ATK/23 DEF/30 SATK/14 SDEF/30 SPD (157 total)
Bold (+DEF, -ATK)
Leftovers

This is what I eventually replaced Valentacruel with. It's currently my team leader, and my strategy with it is to set up once or twice if I don't run into trouble in the first two turns and sweep the opponent's team. It can't deal with Poison or Steel types, but if I run into any I can cancel my sweep and battle normally just fine. It's important to switch it out if it gets around 50% HP, because sacrificing a good Dragon and Dark counter is usually a terrible idea.

As of writing this post, I now have 4,307 Battle Subway wins with my highest streak going to 520 battles. I'm very grateful that I was able to put together a good team after spending a lot of time collecting and hunting for good IV, competitively viable Pokemon. It's quite amazing to me that I went from profusely hating the Battle Tower to being obsessed with the grind. It's very fun when you finally figure out what you're doing.

This post has been edited by vendyjane: Dec 5 2019, 09:50 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 5 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #2682

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Sorta.

Christmas isn't all that important for me as I only have a family birthday to celebrate and send out a few xmas cards
Today I bought a really small tree for deco purposes. Aside from that I have a few obligations but nothing too out of the ordinary.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

nickwatic
post Dec 5 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #2683

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 698

Active Squad

QUOTE(Galar @ Dec 3 2019, 04:28 PM) *
Is there any specific guide for new members here?

And hi everyone. I am an adult female who hopes to make some new friends here. In addition to Pokemon, I also like monopoly and chess.

I'd encourage you to join the GPX+ Discord if you have not done so already. tons of people in there who could immediately answer your questions. Welcome to the show

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 7 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #2684

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Well, since Discord is having issues at the present time, what breakfast food does everyone like to have?

I'm having vanilla yogurt at the moment.

On cold days I like fried eggs & bacon.

I hope this is an okay conversation topic, I know some people have less food than others.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 7 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #2685

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Sounds like there's some serious things going on.

Hm I prefer to start with yoghurt, too. It's easy on the stomach.
When it's cold I like to have soup for lunch

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Dec 7 2019, 05:03 PM
Post #2686

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

I don't use discord so I really don't know....

For breakfast, I love drinking milk(lactose free) and/or coffee and eating a toast. Sometimes I wake up very late because my medication makes me sleep a loooot so I just wait until lunch time and skip breakfast lol.

I'm so sad for not being able to play sword and shield, the games look awesome and introduce some new interesting mechanics I would love to try. Unfortunately, I don't have money to buy a switch and buying one of the games would make my wallet cry. During Black Friday, Switch Lite was €199,99. My sister though about buying one but nah, she didn't. Such a shame, though...

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 12 2019, 02:45 AM
Post #2687

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Dec 7 2019, 12:03 PM) *
Well, since Discord is having issues at the present time, what breakfast food does everyone like to have?

I'm having vanilla yogurt at the moment.

On cold days I like fried eggs & bacon.

I hope this is an okay conversation topic, I know some people have less food than others.

I don't usually eat, for varying reasons.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 13 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #2688

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

Discord is working again, but I have another question that I hope is fun for discussions!

Which Pokemon has the most fun name to say?

I like Stakataka!

I say it to myself when there's no one in the room because I think it is amusing. :]

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 13 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #2689

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

One I'm a fan of is Mew. It's really adorable to say "Mew" out loud. I also like Phione.

Notable mention would be morelull seeing how a NL group I'm in (containing mostly parents of small children) tends to upvote morelull scenes like crazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Dec 14 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #2690

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

I like to pronounce Giratina and Eiscue. Giratina because, while I understand that in English it should probably be pronounced GEER-uh-TEE-nuh (IPA: /ˌɡɪrəˈtiːnə/), in Portuguese we pronounce it JEE-RAH-TEE-Nuh (IPA: /ʒi.ɾɐ.ˈti.nɐ/) in which gira means cute grin.gif A cute ghost? Not really but well.
Eiscue sounds good, it's an ice cube head penguin. I love it.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 15 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #2691

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

The way Beheeyem's name is pronounced in the English Pokemon anime always makes me laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoYR9DbaLU

I will also agree that Mew is cute, and personally I like Pykyumuku because....Well, try saying that five times fast, haha. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

FairyGardens
post Dec 15 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #2692

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 258 091

Active Squad

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 16 2019, 01:04 AM
Post #2693

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

Great artwork!

Seems like we've filled the Pass Counter!

Great effort, everyone! :]

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

FairyGardens
post Dec 16 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #2694

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 258 091

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Dec 16 2019, 02:04 AM) *
Great artwork!

Seems like we've filled the Pass Counter!

Great effort, everyone! :]

It is! It's not mine though. It's just a picture I found on a Google search. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

AkaruTheYoshi
post Dec 18 2019, 12:55 AM
Post #2695

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

Man, real life has been keeping me busy, not too much time for GPX these days. But hey, I'm getting shinies left and right both here and in Sword, so that definitely makes up for it. Gonna be heading to my dad's for Christmas Day, anyone else have any special plans for the holidays?

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 18 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #2696

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(AkaruTheYoshi @ Dec 17 2019, 09:55 PM) *
Man, real life has been keeping me busy, not too much time for GPX these days. But hey, I'm getting shinies left and right both here and in Sword, so that definitely makes up for it. Gonna be heading to my dad's for Christmas Day, anyone else have any special plans for the holidays?

I'm just planning to spend some time with family [although, this year I'm crossing my fingers that we have enough money to get back home because my father thought driving back to California for a week would be a good idea]. Even if we don't always get along, I do care about some of my family members.

On a different note I've been tempted to get Animal Crossing: New Leaf lately. Haven't really played much in the way of video games except Pokemon before and maybe it's time I step outside of my comfort zone [although I did get pre-owned copies of LEGO Batman 2 and 3 and Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate for $2 each yesterday. I don't think I'm good at fighting games but I'll try]. Had to sell a lot of my childhood games without ever having played some of them due to being strapped for cash a couple years back, sadly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 18 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #2697

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Not really

I'm doing the same as usual, gonna buy some fireworks this year cause idk fireworks are cool though I'm gonna ask someone else to set them off for me cause I'm not ready to lose my fingers yet

I'm helping some people out with a project, and in-between that and the announced GPX events I think I'll do some reading and get some progress with a few games I bought

For the second time in my life I imported a game and I love how it has English subs
Also tomorrow at 3pm Europe time there's the Nintendo Eshop sale so maybe I can get even more stuff from there.
I saved up quite a bit of those gold points

Maybe a visit to the comic shop as well but that'll depend

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 20 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #2698

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Watched the trailer for Digimon Adventure: Kizuna just yesterday, and I'll say, around 20, 21 seconds in I was already tearing up. Then "Butterfly" started and by that point I was barely restraining myself from full-blown sobbing, haha. While I grew up largely with the English versions of Digimon Adventure and Adventure 02, that theme still sucker punches me right in the feelings. I'm still not ready to say a final goodbye to the characters I grew up with.

I wonder how they're going to handle Armadillomon + evos if this ever gets dubbed into English, though, because I know for Tri in both English and Japanese many of the original voice actors came back to reprise their roles. And, uhh, Robert Axelrod is dead, so. I guess they could try to get Dave Mallow back.

To keep this from being entirely irrelevant; to those of you with not-so-great families that don't have a choice not to interact with them, I feel for you. In large part I'm in the same boat. Stay strong, you'll get through this. woot.gif I'm rooting for us all! I hope all of you can manage to get some enjoyment out of things regardless.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 20 2019, 10:24 PM
Post #2699

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

I saw that trailer, too!

Was convinced it'd be a tearjerker for me till I read

spoilers duh (click to show)

I now feel very divided on whether I should give it a watch and so I'm contemplating asking a friend to do a prewatch for me.

It did cause me to pick up my Digimon Cyber Sleuth copy again and get some progress done.
Really liking the naming feature.

This post has been edited by Luneon: Dec 20 2019, 10:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 21 2019, 01:28 AM
Post #2700

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 20 2019, 07:24 PM) *
I saw that trailer, too!

Was convinced it'd be a tearjerker for me till I read

spoilers duh (click to show)

I now feel very divided on whether I should give it a watch and so I'm contemplating asking a friend to do a prewatch for me.

It did cause me to pick up my Digimon Cyber Sleuth copy again and get some progress done.
Really liking the naming feature.

Oh, really? That's cool for the portion of the audience that will be able to access them, I guess. And it's nice that you have friends, especially ones willing to watch things for you and give you a heads-up.

I've heard Cyber Sleuth was decent, though I'll never own a Switch so it's solely watching Let's Plays for me [I started watching one a while back, but tired of the guy's narration]. But, you can get Armadillomon, Gomamon and Tentomon's entire lines in it so that's good enough in my book. teehee.gif Oh, and Wormmon and Hawkmon.

On a fairly unrelated note I just realized that my father owes me at least $700-$800 from this year alone [and I stopped counting after about 800]. Rest in pieces to 9 years worth of savings. We haven't been able to hold onto money this year what with bills and having to move to an entirely different state thanks to 1 particularly shitty family member of mine, so I doubt he'll ever be able to pay me back. Oh well, it's happened many a time before and I'm used to it. Still, too bad I can't get that Kabuterimon plush I've been looking for for years, the guy said he isn't holding onto it forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 133 134 135 136 137 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.